KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Preedatore']I think it comes with the 2 different games wrapped together, not a single case with 2 games in it.[/QUOTE]

No but they still have to ring it up as a different SKU. So unless you plan on being a douchebag and returning AC without a receipt, it won't work.

[quote name='confoosious']No but they still have to ring it up as a different SKU. So unless you plan on being a douchebag and returning AC without a receipt, it won't work.[/QUOTE]

It comes packaged with 2 seperate games wrapped together with a different upc on the outside packaging. Unless the upcs on the inside are covered with a sticker, which happens often with movies, then they should have the same upc as other retailers. I also agree it's a douchebag move regardless.

[quote name='Vigilante']KmartGamer's FB page has listed that there will be a deal for Kirby's Return to Dream Land next week (10/24-10/29): $15 Gaming Coupon. I went ahead and added it back to the OP's upcoming deals.

Several people have been asking about this, so it's nice to have confirmation of a deal. :D

Personally I think I'll hold out for some sort of combo deal with both Kirby games and possibly Last Specter (either at Kmart or somewhere else) that provides more savings since BF is just around the corner; if the deal had been for a $20 coupon, however, I probably would have jumped on it. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for seeing that. Can't wait to get that game for my kids. I wonder if its a Sunday release.

Since the new Professor Layton and Kirby Mass Attack coupons fell through, could we possibly see a discount on both games? Like the current Dead Island offer where the game is discounted $5-$15 off the normal retail price.

Kirby Return to Dreamland is tempting, might use my $20 coupon that or get Batman and use the $30 coupon on that.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']They can look it up with your phone number, ilandmy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RockoMan']You can also print it out from the website.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks guys! I'm so excited for this game!!

[quote name='jkircos']Thanks for seeing that. Can't wait to get that game for my kids. I wonder if its a Sunday release.[/QUOTE]It's listed on Amazon as releasing on 10/24, a Monday, so I'm not sure. To be safe, maybe you should wait to go to Kmart until 10/25, the Tuesday of that week.

[quote name='Preedatore']It comes packaged with 2 seperate games wrapped together with a different upc on the outside packaging. Unless the upcs on the inside are covered with a sticker, which happens often with movies, then they should have the same upc as other retailers. I also agree it's a douchebag move regardless.[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm speaking of the third UPC. Therefore you can't return AC using your receipt. That's what I meant when I said the UPC is different. Which leaves only the no-receipt asshole return move.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Hey SHC, I need to know... seriously... will Kmart even be stocking War in the North?[/QUOTE]

No, they won't. That's why they're giving a $10 coupon on it.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Hey SHC, I need to know... seriously... will Kmart even be stocking War in the North?[/QUOTE]
Given that the Batman deal this week includes a bonus $10 coupon specifically for that game, I'd wager the chances are pretty ok.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes I'm speaking of the third UPC. Therefore you can't return AC using your receipt. That's what I meant when I said the UPC is different. Which leaves only the no-receipt asshole return move.[/QUOTE]

Correct on all parts, especially the asshole part. Amazing how some people feel return fraud is a legitimate way to save money on purchases.

Sorry Josh,

But i think I gotta go Toys R Us for Arkham City and R&C, in a B2G1....I may save an extra 10 going to Kmart but its less upfront spending. Maybe next time ;)

[quote name='merchie89']Sorry Josh,

But i think I gotta go Toys R Us for Arkham City and R&C, in a B2G1....I may save an extra 10 going to Kmart but its less upfront spending. Maybe next time ;)[/QUOTE]

Interesting, please explain the less upfront spending.

[quote name='gpthree']Interesting, please explain the less upfront spending.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didnt put in I had a 20 coupon still.

Arkham city-60
Ratchet-60
Dark souls-60

180-20=160 plus 50 more in coupons, I dont want LOTR

Toys r us would be 120+tax for 3 games

Sears in Cherry Creek, CO broke the street date for Arkham City.

If you're in the neighborhood and can't wait until tomorrow...

[quote name='merchie89']Sorry, didnt put in I had a 20 coupon still.

Arkham city-60
Ratchet-60
Dark souls-60

180-20=160 plus 50 more in coupons, I dont want LOTR

Toys r us would be 120+tax for 3 games[/QUOTE]

Why not buy Batman and Ratchet & Clank this week and then use the $50 in coupons from them on Dark Souls next week. Since you already have a $20 coupon in hand that will make Batman or R&C $40.

Batman - $40 (after $20 coupon)
Ratchet - $60
Dark Souls - $10 (after $50 in coupons)

40+60+10= $110

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Why not buy Batman and Ratchet & Clank this week and then use the $50 in coupons from them on Dark Souls next week. Since you already have a $20 coupon in hand that will make Batman or R&C $40.

Ratchet - $60

40+60+10= $110[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Why not buy Batman and Ratchet & Clank this week and then use the $50 in coupons from them on Dark Souls next week. Since you already have a $20 coupon in hand that will make Batman or R&C $40.

Ratchet - $60

40+60+10= $110[/QUOTE]

Its only 10 in savings, and less trips. Plus id still have to 20 coupon for Skyrim or MW3. Well now that I think about it gotta check my dates on my Forza coupon, because I dont really want Dark Souls at all but i needed a 3rd game for the B2G1. I could just buy both at Kmart and save all my coupons for those BIG releases upcoming

[quote name='hostyl1']You *seriously* cant wait another 6-8 hrs to buy it from your retailer of choice? What about the time wasted going to three stores (one to buy from WM, 1 to buy from Kmart, 1 to return to Walmart)? Have we as a society really gotten *that* impatient?

"I weep for the future" - Chez Quis Maitre D'; Ferris Bueller's Day Off[/QUOTE]
Well I'm probably more impatient than normal to begin with I'll give you that. The thing is I'll have a solid extra few hours to play it without life or work getting in the way by getting it earlier.

I'm making an extra trip to Kmart for it which is out of the way but it's a killer deal and I want to support it. Going to WM a couple times is no issue. It's less than 2 miles away and I go there at least once a week anyway.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Well I'm probably more impatient than normal to begin with I'll give you that. The thing is I'll have a solid extra few hours to play it without life or work getting in the way by getting it earlier.

I'm making an extra trip to Kmart for it which is out of the way but it's a killer deal and I want to support it. Going to WM a couple times is no issue. It's less than 2 miles away and I go there at least once a week anyway.[/QUOTE]

But you ignored all the talk about Walmart most likely having a different UPC code because the free Arkham Asylum is bundled with Arkham City, meaning you probably won't be able to return your Kmart copy to Walmart.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']But you ignored all the talk about Walmart most likely having a different UPC code because the free Arkham Asylum is bundled with Arkham City, meaning you probably won't be able to return your Kmart copy to Walmart.[/QUOTE]
I was getting to it lol...

[quote name='atc250es']I think the game at Walmart comes with AA bundled together so they would have different upcs. I just saw a commercial advertising it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I think it'll end up being the normal versions of each game bundled separately so the UPC on both the Kmart/Walmart copy will be the same. If that's not the case it wont matter I'll just sell it or give it away.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']
I dunno if we're talking about the same thing but I didnt say anything about return fraud and dont plan to do anything involving fraud. I'm buying copy A at WM. Later buying copy B at Kmart. Returning Kmart copy B to WM assuming theyre the same. It's ok to do that.[/QUOTE]

No. I was referencing a no receipt return involving no purchase @ wm. If you buy a copy @ wm and return a copy @ wm with your receipt thats's fine.

Can't see a response to this anywhere, but I was going to give my $10 LotR Coupon to a friend (I don't really want the game). Would my friend be able to use it with his own SYWR card or is it locked to my own account?

[quote name='Steve_D']Can't see a response to this anywhere, but I was going to give my $10 LotR Coupon to a friend (I don't really want the game). Would my friend be able to use it with his own SYWR card or is it locked to my own account?[/QUOTE]

You have to be a SYWR card member. If he's got a card, then it will work, if he doesn't, then it's a dead coupon.

That's how I see it anyways.

So, yes I think it will. He just won't be able to legally use more than 2 of the same coupons to fit within the guidelines of the SYWR program

[quote name='IronClaw']You have to be a SYWR card member. If he's got a card, then it will work, if he doesn't, then it's a dead coupon.

That's how I see it anyways.

So, yes I think it will. He just won't be able to legally use more than 2 of the same coupons to fit within the guidelines of the SYWR program[/QUOTE]

Good deal. He has a card, so I kinda figured it would work to give it to him (he's not buying Arkham City, so he isn't getting the coupon on his own) so it didn't go to waste.

LOL, are people serious? Buy a game (AC) that gets you a free game (AA), then return AC and keep AA. Do they realize that that's... theft? I know WM probably won't give a crap but come on... not only are you hurting WM but you're also hurting the gaming company that put time and effort into AC.

[quote name='mjoa123']LOL, are people serious? Buy a game (AC) that gets you a free game (AA), then return AC and keep AA. Do they realize that that's... theft? I know WM probably won't give a crap but come on... not only are you hurting WM but you're also hurting the gaming company that put time and effort into AC.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall seeing anyone say they would do that. What was said was buy a copy @ wm, open and play it, buy a copy @ kmart and return to wm with receipt. It wouldn't work anyway since BAC has a different upc for the wm bundle.

[quote name='Greyslash']Kmart you crafty bastards, locking me in to buying LOTR like that...[/QUOTE]
It's all part of the plan. Just kidding.

Did Josh ever reveal what the shirt would have looked like?

[quote name='mjoa123']LOL, are people serious? Buy a game (AC) that gets you a free game (AA), then return AC and keep AA. Do they realize that that's... theft? I know WM probably won't give a crap but come on... not only are you hurting WM but you're also hurting the gaming company that put time and effort into AC.[/QUOTE]
smh. I'm just going to delete everything now.

[quote name='Steve_D']Can't see a response to this anywhere, but I was going to give my $10 LotR Coupon to a friend (I don't really want the game). Would my friend be able to use it with his own SYWR card or is it locked to my own account?[/QUOTE]

Theoretically it's tied to a person's SYWR account. In practice however, people have been able to use SYWR coupons printed on one account on another account.

I'm still waiting on Kmart to get on the preorder DLC bandwagon. I'm sure that publishers/distributors would be willing to work with a tiny little company called Kmart to get some extra content even though they don't do preorders. We got a comic book with Enslaved. It is possible.

Anyone have any idea how many copies of Arkham City each KMart will be getting? I'm still undecided on system, so either way I guess, but the problem is that I can't get to a KMart until Friday night at the earliest and I don't want to miss out on the $30 coupon if they run out of copies.

Ok, I think this was described in the OP but I want to be clear, I read through several pages and didn't see it mentioned.

If I buy batman and receive the $30 coupon and the $10 LOTR coupon, I can not combine them to buy LOTR for $40 off?

[quote name='iwannadie']Ok, I think this was described in the OP but I want to be clear, I read through several pages and didn't see it mentioned.

If I buy batman and receive the $30 coupon and the $10 LOTR coupon, I can not combine them to buy LOTR for $40 off?[/QUOTE]

You can combine the coupons on LOTR.

[quote name='caponesgun']Dark Souls is epic for anyone on the fence

But $30 off Batman has me in a pinch...agh[/QUOTE]

I hope it is, I picked it up along with Gears 3 and Forza 4 at TRU yesterday. I needed a 3rd and I figured it might be cool. Haven't started it yet though.

[quote name='iwannadie']Ok, I think this was described in the OP but I want to be clear, I read through several pages and didn't see it mentioned.

If I buy batman and receive the $30 coupon and the $10 LOTR coupon, I can not combine them to buy LOTR for $40 off?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can combine them. You can combine any gaming coupons as long as they are not the same coupon and they don't exceed the price of whatever you're purchasing.

[quote name='iwannadie']Ok thanks guys, I was reading wrong then and glad I asked, wow I think I may be sold.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that $10 makes a big difference to me. The recent LOTR games haven't been too great, but War in the North looks decent so far. If it gets reasonably good reviews, I might just have to get it for $20 with those coupons. We shall see...

Is it possible to buy two copies and get 2 coupons? I don't want to return one. Just want one for myself and getting the other for a gift.

[quote name='shredsofsanity']Just to give you guys a heads up clearance went down today. Bought Red Faction: Guerrilla and Brutal Legend for $13 each along with Bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]

Which location? There isn't a KMart-wide clearance adjustment this week, so any changes you saw are only at your store's level.

[quote name='threlish']Is it possible to buy two copies and get 2 coupons? I don't want to return one. Just want one for myself and getting the other for a gift.[/QUOTE]

Usually, yes, but the Batman deal is limited to one.

Sorry if there's been an answer posted to this already; I searched "limit" in this thread and found conflicting information.

So the usual restriction is 2 copies of the game w/ release week offers; did this change specifically for Batman?

Even if it is just 1 copy, is that one/console (SKU) or just one version of the game?

This thread moves way too fast >.< I just wanna make sure I have the correct info before making the long ass trip to a K-Mart store I've never been to.

TiA

Hey guys, has it been confirmed if k-mart will carry the collectors edition for uncharted 3? Sometimes they carry them and need to know so I can pre order elsewhere if need be.

[quote name='Murderstorm']Hey guys, has it been confirmed if k-mart will carry the collectors edition for uncharted 3? Sometimes they carry them and need to know so I can pre order elsewhere if need be.[/QUOTE]
pre order somewhere else.

[quote name='DPsycho']Which location? There isn't a KMart-wide clearance adjustment this week, so any changes you saw are only at your store level.[/QUOTE]

This was a southwest Florida store. Wasn't sure if it was all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back