KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mdvayne1982']Not sure if it was just my store, but I went to pick up Batman for the 360 and after the lady scanned my game i gave her my rewards card number and she said the SYWR system is down and would be down until about 2:00p Tuesday afternoon. Had to pay the full $60 for it (couldn't use my $20 coupon from Gears of War 3) and gotta come back tuesday night and return and rebuy the game to get the coupons. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up just incase it is a company wide thing.[/QUOTE]
Oh jesus that would be a disaster.

[quote name='Donut2922']does it state in the OP that the batman coupon is limited to 1? I didn't see it there nor at the Kmart gamer site either[/QUOTE]It does not, but that info comes directly from Josh.

[quote name='mdvayne1982']Not sure if it was just my store, but I went to pick up Batman for the 360 and after the lady scanned my game i gave her my rewards card number and she said the SYWR system is down and would be down until about 2:00p Tuesday afternoon. Had to pay the full $60 for it (couldn't use my $20 coupon from Gears of War 3) and gotta come back tuesday night and return and rebuy the game to get the coupons. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up just incase it is a company wide thing.[/QUOTE]

What is the upc on the back of your game?

My Gamestop Xbox copy UPC is standard in case anyone is/will be wondering. 883929166770

There's also a 10 digit number above the UPC which is 1000176186. I dont know what that number is called or what it means. My other games dont have that number.

Edit: I guess that's just a generic SKU

[quote name='Serpentor']11-1 :ps3: 320GB PS3 Uncharted 3 bundle Free game of $35 value; 11-6 week $50 Gaming Coupon

That's a pretty good deal there! Basically the $35 value offset the taxes and $50 to be used later... Now, my question are:
1. Can the game coupons, say from Batman AC, use on the game console?
2. Will there be a list of $35 valued games? What if the game is $60? Do we pay the $25?[/QUOTE]

It's not two coupons given at the same time. They are different offers on different weeks.

On the first week of the bundle's release, a specific game will be given out along with the bundle. All we know is that it's a game that's worth around $35.

On the second week, instead of a game, a $50 gaming coupon will be given out with the bundle.

[quote name='newtype06']So who else is lining up tomorrow before 8AM for Batman?[/QUOTE]

Not me, because 1) I'm not a morning person, and 2) I don't trust my K-Mart to have anything in stock by the time they open, or I don't trust them to know anything about the deal.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Not me, because 1) I'm not a morning person, and 2) I don't trust my K-Mart to have anything in stock by the time they open, or I don't trust them to know anything about the deal.[/QUOTE]

I had to pull up the this thread on my iPhone when I got 2k12 for my $20 Receipt cause they did not know anything about the deal and it wasn't on any of the ads at all thank god for having a Data Plan

last time that happened to me i just told them it was on their kmartgamer website in their ad and the manager went and looked it up on the computer in his office

[quote name='cardsharkrob']last time that happened to me i just told them it was on their kmartgamer website in their ad and the manager went and looked it up on the computer in his office[/QUOTE]

Why even bother saying anything? Just use your SYWR card, pay for your game and get your coupon. You never need to say a word... and it's much better if you don't!!

Wow... I have a feeling this is going to turn out horribly. Good luck Josh.

Until people confirm that SYWR works and they receive both coupons I'll stay away. I just hope the stock isn't limited.

[quote name='iggypop123']batman deal is now front page at slickdeals. better get there fast if you want it. it shows how good of a deal it is but shows you need to be fast if you want it.[/QUOTE]

Congrats Josh, you got an Editor's Choice on Dealnews.com for the Arkham City deal.

[quote name='mjoa123']Wow... I have a feeling this is going to turn out horribly. Good luck Josh.

Until people confirm that SYWR works and they receive both coupons I'll stay away. I just hope the stock isn't limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, Kirby is getting a coupon now? Thanks Josh! I was worried after there was no coupon for Kirby Mass Attack and Professor Layton that we were starting to see a rollback in coupons offered for Nintendo games. Good news indeed!

Just got back from KMART, game was out on shelf, purchased Batman, Both coupons printed perfectly ($30 off and $10 OFF) Employee said Rewards cards never went down, I'm guessing to the earlier post it was just a isolated incident, everything good to go.

Just got back from store 7265 in Jacksonville, FL and transaction went smooth. The game was in the locked plastic display case. I checked out at the electronics section and the guy who helped me last time I was there was working this morning. Both coupons printed out and i'll stash them someplace where they won't fade hopefully. The employee knew exactly what the deal was and had set aside one copy for himself. I asked him how many copies they received and he told me 5 for the Playstation 3. I didn't ask how many for the Xbox 360.

All in all, a great experience (minus having to fight rush hour traffic :bomb:). I love my local Kmart and will be riding the coupon train for the first time :)

[quote name='BREVITY']Wasnt there a free shirt along with the Batman game today?[/QUOTE]

There was going to be but Warner Bros. had problems supplying them.

The LOTR $10 coupon is to make up for the lack of the tee shirt.

I want to pick up batman but i wanted to wait until the new clearance list was up, because it is a far drive! Any chance that will be updated soon Josh?

Yeah $15 Kirby coupon!!

My only problem now is what to get the kids for Christmas if we get Ratchet this week and Kirby next? Might have to be a non-video game item *shudder*

Do we know (or is it safe to make an assumption) whether Kmart will be carrying the PC versions of some upcoming games?

I'm particularly interested in;

- Skyrim
- Battlefield 3

Got Batman, worked like a charm - electronics employee did say there might be a problem, but it worked. Then as I was walking out, saw Pepsi was on sale, grabbed some - and the cashier up front didn't even want my card, saying there was a problem. I didn't say anything, I already had my coupons, I was happy. No Ratchet & Clank though.

Just left KMart on Kearney in Springfield, MO. Met a fellow CAG, SamPyle. We each got 1 copy of the game, his was 360 & mine was PS3. Both had our coupons print.

Thanks Josh, had this pre-ordered at BB but couldn't pass up $30 coupon. Wish they got their shirts but may try out LotR's with the $10 coupon & $20 back end coupon. At $30 net after coupons I can't loose if I don't like it.

My K-Mart had plenty of Arkham City. No Ratchet and Clank. Well, I'm sure they have Ratchet and Clank, but I was told they didn't get it. The guy had a cart full of games/dvds/blu-ray discs he was putting out and the only game in the cart was Arkham City.

I got Ratchet & Clank at Target, but they had to get it from the back and I didn't see it until I left.... I didn't realize it had an exclusive with the Target logo and exlcusive info (DLC for Quest for Booty... which I already have) printed on the cover. I don't like that...

So close to having a good Kmart experience but KMart lived up to my expectations. Went into the Kmart near the Nashville Airport and I saw BAC sitting in a box. Went to use my SYWR card and they said the system is down until 2pm. Two times in a row that system has been down. Now I'm having to waste time and gas driving to another location.

The Batman deal is on the front page of SD... now I'm wondering if I'll be able to get it because I won't be able to stop by Kmart until noon.

I was able to get Batman AC for both 360 and PS3 if that helps anyone. I only applied coupons towards the first purchase incase the second wouldn't print coupons (as I had presumed) but they both brinted both ($30 general, $10 War of the North) coupons.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Do we know (or is it safe to make an assumption) whether Kmart will be carrying the PC versions of some upcoming games?

I'm particularly interested in;

- Skyrim
- Battlefield 3[/QUOTE]

It was said earlier in the thread that KMart will probably only be carrying PC exclusives. Star Wars: The Old Republic and Diablo 3 were definitely mentioned.

Just got off work and picked up Batman: AC. Had no problems with both coupons printing, and points were added to my SYWR account according to receipt. Looking forward to playing all day. :D

~Smoke7

Painless experience today. Also lucked into price drops while I was there. Picked up Batman and Alpha Protocol for $80.23. Not too bad! Also saw pamphlets for KmartGamer on the counter, so that's a plus too.

Just got mine from Chicago store (Addison Ave) -- website shows store hours as 8am-10pm but the store was open 24 hours so the clerk said I could've came in after midnight for it

The game wasnt on the shelf so I asked the clerk for it (they have them in a box at electronics checkout) -- he alrdy knew about the deal and both coupons printed out fine

Can also confirm that I was able to get B:AC for 360 with no problem at the New Hope, MN store. Coupons were accepted and printed with no problems. This is the first time ever I went it and found what I was looking for and someone in the department without having to wait for either. Maybe things are starting to improve over there. Thanks to Josh & co. for the great deal and all the work they're doing to improve the experience.

(I forgot to look for R&C so can't say whether they had it. Seemed to have a few copies of B:AC left in the case).

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']It was said earlier in the thread that KMart will probably only be carrying PC exclusives. Star Wars: The Old Republic and Diablo 3 were definitely mentioned.[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks.

GBAStar - how were you able to get two coupons?

Coupons printed just fine for Arkham City in Minneapolis, MN (lake street) - love this store, a bit sketch but always have new releases on Tuesdays...

Had at least 10 copies for each platform...Awesome deal as always Josh - riding the Kmart train from here on out...and War of the North, there is potential there...having seen nothing of it until last night...Im in if it gets solid 8.5s...

I walked into the Penn Station Kmart in Manhattan this morning, and I saw a relatively older fellow manning the register. Compared to the younger guys who usually work at gaming stores, I prepared myself to do some work in explaining the existence of this $30 coupon to him. What follows is our conversation:

Kmart Employee: "Hello, how can I help you today?"
Me: "Hi, I'd like Batman Arkham City for Xbox please."
KE: "Sure thing." (goes to pick it out of a box to the side)
Me: "I understand you guys have a deal where if I scan my SYWR card I get a $30 coupon?"
KE: "Yes. You also get a $10 coupon towards War in the North."
Me: "Oh. Right. Yeah. Thanks."

Didn't have my card on me so gave him my phone number and everything printed out perfectly.

I must say, compared to some of the people I've had to deal with at Gamestop who couldn't tell Metal Gear from Splinter Cell, or the employees at Subway earlier this month whom I had to fight to give me an Uncharted 3 code, this was a very refreshing experience. If you guys keep up with the coupons and stellar customer service I may just end up making Kmart my go-to games shop. Who'da thunk it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back