KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
" Buy both Dance Central and Dance Central 2, get $25 off, for the total of $74.98
Buy both Kinect Sports and Kinect Sports 2, get $25 off, for the total of $74.98"

Does this mean no coupon for buying Kinect Sports 2 or Dance central 2 by itself???Already have the first one so don't need it.

[quote name='michaelfields']So should I sign up online first or is it better to just go into the store and sign up at the register?[/QUOTE]

i think mcguiddy said that signin up in stores will usually have u optin for emails (or u don't need to worry about opting in. one or the other) and that u should still get the deals without doing anything else cept signing up. online - u should just opt in. either way works, more or less a matter of preference

[quote name='thebytewasbit']That batman tshirt is gonna turn into a cag urban legend along with Educasians penny refund.[/QUOTE]

You jelly?

Got a little frustrated Tuesday, but I'm not posting this story to troll. I simply want to share. To preface, my local kmart is a bit... "back woods." The guy in electronics was nice, but looked at me like I was crazy, when I asked for Batman AC. He quickly replied that they didn't have it, coincidentally a manager was walking through, and the guy asked him if they had received a batman game. The manager was a bit abrubt and told me they didn't get it, and that they had no control over games. He stated that it was controlled by vendors and shipped via ups to store. (Is this true?). Anyways he told me to call everyday after 3:00 pm this week....... A mild annoyance for a great deal.....

However, if things don't work out, and my store either doesn't get copies or sells out of the one or two it receives, before I can get back; will they honor my trouble by offering the deal when it does become available? I mean can they offer this deal past Sunday, if its not there beforehand? Is this something they can do in store? I saw somewhere where josh had worked out similar issues before. thanks

[quote name='wewill']Got a little frustrated Tuesday, but I'm not posting this story to troll. I simply want to share. To preface, my local kmart is a bit... "back woods." The guy in electronics was nice, but looked at me like I was crazy, when I asked for Batman AC. He quickly replied that they didn't have it, coincidentally a manager was walking through, and the guy asked him if they had received a batman game. The manager was a bit abrubt and told me they didn't get it, and that they had no control over games. He stated that it was controlled by vendors and shipped via ups to store. (Is this true?). Anyways he told me to call everyday after 3:00 pm this week....... A mild annoyance for a great deal.....

However, if things don't work out, and my store either doesn't get copies or sells out of the one or two it receives, before I can get back; will they honor my trouble by offering the deal when it does become available? I mean can they offer this deal past Sunday, if its not there beforehand? Is this something they can do in store? I saw somewhere where josh had worked out similar issues before. thanks[/QUOTE]

Email Josh and he will get you taken care of.

[quote name='EducAsian']How could it be a bad deal? Literally no games from today till 12/3 interest you at all? Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, AC Revelations, SR3...if none of those games interest you then you aren't a gamer.[/QUOTE]
Um....I would get Uncharted 3....but me lack PS3.:cry:

So many sequels that I haven't played the prequels.

Still lookn' though.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Hopefully this.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you.
I started drinking Diet Dew a couple years back and recently tried a regular Mt. Dew and thought it was terrible. Way too syrupy.
So if Diet is included then I guess 4 for $12 doesn't sound bad compared to most places around here and I can grab some chips for the wife/late night gaming.
Another gaming coupon is always good to have. Only sitting on $50 worth of coupons (besides the LOTR one) and 5,000 SWYR points at the moment. If I use them all on BF3, I'll be tapped out beyond whatever deal is attached to that. So a $10 coupon from drinks and chips will go a long way, especially if I can use it with the $10 coupon I have for LOTR.

[quote name='wewill']He stated that it was controlled by vendors and shipped via ups to store. (Is this true?).[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.

[quote name='DerClaw']those MW points are crazy. seems like those people would be better served just buying the dew/doritos from amazon or something.

Thanks for the info guiddy![/QUOTE]

[quote name='209chromatic']Does the mountain dew come with cod double xp?[/QUOTE]

I can't believe how crazy the first few days (week, months too) are going to be for MW3. If people are really paying $50 for codes on eBay just to have double XP points for a handful of hours they really need to shut their TV off and reevaluate their lives.

That being said... I'm going to stock up on doritos and dew and try and make myself some money :)

[quote name='Linkgx1']Um....I would get Uncharted 3....but me lack PS3.:cry:

So many sequels that I haven't played the prequels.

Still lookn' though.[/QUOTE]
You don't really have to play the prequels to enjoy the sequels, I played both Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Saints Row 2 and I loved them both, but i never even touched their prequels. although it's a different story for CoD, I'm not trying to troll or anything but when i played CoD Blops it felt a lot like CoD WaW which isnt such a bad thing since i actually liked that game, but i feel like it was overhyped to the point whre i couldnt actually enjoy it to it's fullest, I guess I'm just a battlefield guy from now on, but nazi zombies are always fun to kill

[quote name='GBAstar']I can't believe how crazy the first few days (week, months too) are going to be for MW3. If people are really paying $50 for codes on eBay just to have double XP points for a handful of hours they really need to shut their TV off and reevaluate their lives.

That being said... I'm going to stock up on doritos and dew and try and make myself some money :)[/QUOTE]
holy shit $50 a code? I gotta get in on this! college and games aren't cheap u know ;)

[quote name='209chromatic']Does the mountain dew come with cod double xp?[/QUOTE]

They come in specially marked packages so when you see it you will know since they state that you get double xp on the box.

[quote name='michaelfields']So should I sign up online first or is it better to just go into the store and sign up at the register?[/QUOTE]

You can sign up online and they'll mail you out your card in a few weeks. But your account will be active, you can set the e-mail settings to opt in and all you need to do is give the cashier your phone number if you buy something before you get the card.

[quote name='wewill']Got a little frustrated Tuesday, but I'm not posting this story to troll. I simply want to share. To preface, my local kmart is a bit... "back woods." The guy in electronics was nice, but looked at me like I was crazy, when I asked for Batman AC. He quickly replied that they didn't have it, coincidentally a manager was walking through, and the guy asked him if they had received a batman game. The manager was a bit abrubt and told me they didn't get it, and that they had no control over games. He stated that it was controlled by vendors and shipped via ups to store. (Is this true?). Anyways he told me to call everyday after 3:00 pm this week....... A mild annoyance for a great deal.....

However, if things don't work out, and my store either doesn't get copies or sells out of the one or two it receives, before I can get back; will they honor my trouble by offering the deal when it does become available? I mean can they offer this deal past Sunday, if its not there beforehand? Is this something they can do in store? I saw somewhere where josh had worked out similar issues before. thanks[/QUOTE]

To be pretty honest, I can almost guarantee your store has the game and the employees are probably idiots. Josh has stated numerous times that all big titles like this are shipped in the week prior and there are just way too many stores that do a real shit job at getting games out on their release dates.
Go back, demand the game and if they say they didn't get it in, call them out on it. They got it last week. They probably got a bunch of them. Tell them to get off their lazy asses and find the game.
It's depressing how many stores out there just don't care about making sales. Hopefully Josh reads your post and can firmly set the record straight that all stores have received the game.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']To be pretty honest, I can almost guarantee your store has the game and the employees are probably idiots. Josh has stated numerous times that all big titles like this are shipped in the week prior and there are just way too many stores that do a real shit job at getting games out on their release dates.
Go back, demand the game and if they say they didn't get it in, call them out on it. They got it last week. They probably got a bunch of them. Tell them to get off their lazy asses and find the game.
It's depressing how many stores out there just don't care about making sales. Hopefully Josh reads your post and can firmly set the record straight that all stores have received the game.[/QUOTE]

Better yet, having our reports on specific stores, he can call out on those stores to higher up to fix the problem at the root. :)

Then we'll all benefit from it in the future! kek

Finally got my Batman: Arkham City. It was a 30+ min. drive to a "backwoods" town outside of Seattle, but at least they had plenty in stock and the guy there was relatively knowledgeable. It was a bit of a hassle to get there, but so worth it for $40 worth of coupons!

Question for Josh: there's no indication of a deal on it on the front page but will the 3DS version of Sonic Generations be stocked and is there any chance of a $15?

Not interested in the console ones, just the portable version, if it turns out to be pretty good.

[quote name='MrNEWZ'] Nevermind how you felt the need to quote a post that mentioned the deal itself was the reason they even bought the game now instead of waiting, contradicting your whole whining concept --- so you could whine. I heart the internet.[/quote]

How does that contradict anything? I was commenting on the fact that people were STILL bringing up the shirt, when the subject of the LOTR coupon replacing the shirt has been talked about endlessly for days, including on page 107, just FIVE (not 10) pages back from your post. I just don't know how you missed it. Maybe you specifically weren't whining, but you were clearly clueless about the shirt falling through... and THAT made your post a great example to quote, illustrating that some CAGs were really out of the loop.

Totally out of curiosity, and most likely was asked previously.

When you redeem a gaming coupon, and the game that generated said coupon gets returned, what happens?

[quote name='gunstar808']Totally out of curiosity, and most likely was asked previously.

When you redeem a gaming coupon, and the game that generated said coupon gets returned, what happens?[/QUOTE]

inception.gif

[quote name='gunstar808']Totally out of curiosity, and most likely was asked previously.

When you redeem a gaming coupon, and the game that generated said coupon gets returned, what happens?[/QUOTE]

I believe you don't get the full game value back, you get the game price - redeemed or unreturned coupon value.

Random question, but seeing as Mt. Dew is a pepsi product, would this work if I bought Pepsi instead of mt dew? I drink pepsi like its going out of style however mt dew not so much.

Oh and who doesnt love doritos?

[quote name='Madrocsz']Random question, but seeing as Mt. Dew is a pepsi product, would this work if I bought Pepsi instead of mt dew? I drink pepsi like its going out of style however mt dew not so much.

Oh and who doesnt love doritos?[/QUOTE]

That is my question as well. I don't like Mountain Dew, but some Diet Pepsi/Pepsi Max would be nice to buy and get a gaming coupon.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Yes, different coupons can be used together (for example, the $30 from Batman and the $20 from Ratchet & Clank can be used to buy Uncharted 3). Identical coupons cannot be stacked.[/QUOTE]

i dont mean to sound dumb, but could i use the $30 coupon and the $10 LOTR coupon towards a different game rather than LOTR? i dont know if KMart has a strict policy when it comes to "specific game" coupons.
if so... I LOVE KMART!! (and josh, regardless

[quote name='jer7583']Question for Josh: there's no indication of a deal on it on the front page but will the 3DS version of Sonic Generations be stocked and is there any chance of a $15?

Not interested in the console ones, just the portable version, if it turns out to be pretty good.[/QUOTE]

As of now, there's no release date for the 3DS version as far as I know. It's not coming out at the same time as the console versions.

Just know you can't use the LOTR coupon for anything but that game. The easiest way to know if they stack is to look at the coupon. About 3/4 of the way down there will be an offer ID. If the offer ID's are different, then they will stack. If they are the same, they will not.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Amazon needs to match these coupons as I have credit to use[/QUOTE]

Amazon never matches these KMart coupons. Amazon loves matching Walmart though, if Walmart is offering a credit online you can expect Amazon to match it.

I'm thinking there is a chance Amazon might start matching KMart once they get all of their coupons online, just a guess though.

Here's something that you guys have already said many times...

The store on Brice Rd in Columbus had the following:
- No Forza
- No Batman: AC
- No signs about deals this week
- No '12 EA Sports games on Xbox 360 (saw plenty of NHL 11 though)

This store is a complete joke. I feel bad that you have to run a division that has stores that don't give a flying fuck about their product.

On the flip side, there are a few stores local that have their stuff together. This store is just a black eye on their reputation.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']So, with less than a week until release, is there any idea about the Battlefield offer? Kind of taking a while...[/QUOTE]
Sorry about that. It is a $20 gaming coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Head set.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Amazon never matches these KMart coupons. Amazon loves matching Walmart though, if Walmart is offering a credit online you can expect Amazon to match it.

I'm thinking there is a chance Amazon might start matching KMart once they get all of their coupons online, just a guess though.[/QUOTE]
Once they coupons go online I am expecting a ton of matching. They played around with the blog in Q1 Q2 from a matching perspective but I think they have backed away recently.

I live in Lisle Illinois and all the surrounding stores were sold out of Batman the morning of release. I was told that they get shipments in Thursdays however and there might be a chance more will come.

Roughly what time do the shipments arrive so that I know when to call? Also is it even likely that this new shipment will contain more copies of the game?

[quote name='nietzsche74']You might need to run home first so you can "opt-in" online. It's worth it.[/QUOTE]
Again, if you add an email address when you sign up in store you will get any bonus points.
No need to sign up in store, go home, "opt-in", etc.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']i think mcguiddy said that signin up in stores will usually have u optin for emails (or u don't need to worry about opting in. one or the other) and that u should still get the deals without doing anything else cept signing up. online - u should just opt in. either way works, more or less a matter of preference[/QUOTE]
Yep. Adding an email address in store makes you eligible for any bonus points.
But yeah, do it whatever way you want.

It's handled by (what I believe to be) a third party warehouse and it shipped UPS/Fedex daily. Whether or not their receiving manager bothers to scan UPS/Fedex in daily is another question. Regardless, very, very rarely do I ever see a new release not arrive about a week before release.
Judging by how you make the manager sound, the odds that they'd be nice and offer a gift card or something as compensation are slim to none.
Josh may be able to help. Make sure you email him (or his peons... I don't really follow the thread that closely anymore so I don't know who does the dirty work anymore) the store number and stuff.

If it's the specially marked boxes.
Before people bitch about KMart being slow getting specially marked boxes of Mtn Dew, that'd be a vendor issue as well.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']You can sign up online and they'll mail you out your card in a few weeks. But your account will be active, you can set the e-mail settings to opt in and all you need to do is give the cashier your phone number if you buy something before you get the card.[/QUOTE]
You may get a card that way. The whole company is really pushing for cardless (now they're trying to make it a "green" thing... green is right though, as it's all about money). Plus, I've read in this thread (and it's previous incarnations) about people signing up online and it taking forever to actually get a card (if they ever did get it.)

[quote name='Madrocsz']Random question, but seeing as Mt. Dew is a pepsi product, would this work if I bought Pepsi instead of mt dew? I drink pepsi like its going out of style however mt dew not so much.[/QUOTE]

Unless Josh were to chime in on this, I would highly doubt it.
Never know if a glitch would exist though, until the deal is live and people try it out.

[quote name='BFox549']i dont mean to sound dumb, but could i use the $30 coupon and the $10 LOTR coupon towards a different game rather than LOTR? i dont know if KMart has a strict policy when it comes to "specific game" coupons.
if so... I LOVE KMART!! (and josh, regardless

[quote name='mguiddy']

I hope the deal is announced soon... the anticipation is killing me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sorry about that. It is a $20 gaming coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Head set.[/QUOTE]

Just posted on the last page.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sorry about that. It is a $20 gaming coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Head set.[/QUOTE]
:cry:
I had my heart set on a point card offer...

[quote name='b70x7n']Is there going to be a gaming coupon with Dance Central 2?[/QUOTE]
Until Josh says something, nothing is known.

[quote name='BrolyB593']
Roughly what time do the shipments arrive so that I know when to call? Also is it even likely that this new shipment will contain more copies of the game?[/QUOTE]
At my store, UPS/Fedex arrives around noonish. However all UPS/Fedex must be manually scanned in by someone in receiving. Depending on your store and how many people they have actually in receiving (my store has 2) and if they help with other stuff around the store, UPS might not be scanned in for a day or more. Longest delay I know about at my store is 2-3 days when the store manager decided other stuff was more important and had the receiving guys do other stuff.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Just posted on the last page.[/QUOTE]
I was too busy replying to a ton of people to notice.

[quote name='mguiddy']
At my store, UPS/Fedex arrives around noonish. However all UPS/Fedex must be manually scanned in by someone in receiving. Depending on your store and how many people they have actually in receiving (my store has 2) and if they help with other stuff around the store, UPS might not be scanned in for a day or more. Longest delay I know about at my store is 2-3 days when the store manager decided other stuff was more important and had the receiving guys do other stuff.[/QUOTE]

Gross. Do you think if I called around 3 or so and said that they told me to try today (which they did) they could at least go check then scan those particular things in?

[quote name='mguiddy']:cry:
I had my heart set on a point card offer...

Until Josh says something, nothing is known.

At my store, UPS/Fedex arrives around noonish. However all UPS/Fedex must be manually scanned in by someone in receiving. Depending on your store and how many people they have actually in receiving (my store has 2) and if they help with other stuff around the store, UPS might not be scanned in for a day or more. Longest delay I know about at my store is 2-3 days when the store manager decided other stuff was more important and had the receiving guys do other stuff.[/QUOTE]
Me too, in all honesty, Battlefield is almost tracking too big to do a combo points offer from an expense standpoint. This may be EA's biggest release ever.

Got Batman last night. Looked like they had sold 2-3 PS3 copies and had a few left. Also grabbed an 8GB thumb drive for $20 and found Kirby's Mass Attack in a stack of Mario DS games which itself was surrounded by 360 games in the case.

New guy there who was having register problems. Some dude wanted to put a Move PS3 bundle and a 3DS on layaway, but then got sticker shock on the $50 down payment, and he didn't know how to back out of the layaway transaction. The employee was very helpful and apologetic, though, and sent me up to customer service to check out. That cashier's eyes got wide when she saw the $30 coupon come out, and very helpfully read me both coupons offers and the dates they were valid. So thumbs up for customer service by the new employees at #3795.

One other thing, there is a 5x bonus point coupon in the "2011 Monthly Planner" (looks like this (click the link then the attachment in the first post to see the cover)) for October.
They've been out since December last year, so who knows if you're store will still have them, but I think stores are getting new shipments, as I haven't seen them for months, but just started seeing them again.

I'd ask at the service desk or look around the front end checkouts or layaway.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Gross. Do you think if I called around 3 or so and said that they told me to try today (which they did) they could at least go check then scan those particular things in?[/QUOTE]
That would entirely depend on your store and how helpful the employees are.
Also, it's questionable that there'd actually be more in the shipment.
When we sold out of Dead Island on released day, I don't know 100% if we got more in before Sunday... possibly, I can't recall for sure though. I'd wager we didn't though.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Me too, in all honesty, Battlefield is almost tracking too big to do a combo points offer from an expense standpoint. This may be EA's biggest release ever.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I get it, doesn't help the hurt though. :lol: Still, $20 coupon is still good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back