KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='acdcrocks1980']Did they ever say what the best way to be sure to get a limited edition Battlefield from Kmart was?[/QUOTE]

Assuming your store puts the games out on time, all you can do is be there at opening.

[quote name='wildpygmy']Crazy - so you think BF3 is going to exceed all the considerable hype huh? I saw something today about EA unofficially confirming more than 2 million preorders - numbers in the range of black-ops from last year.

Do you think there is any chance BF3 actually outsells MW3 when its all said and done?[/QUOTE]

BF3 could be priced at $40 and outscore MW3 by 10 points on Metacritic and still not come close to outselling it. The target audience of these games are brainwashed sheep.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will sell a ton. Just not a COD/MW ton.

[quote name='chriscolbert']BF3 could be priced at $40 and outscore MW3 by 10 points on Metacritic and still not come close to outselling it. The target audience of these games are brainwashed sheep.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will sell a ton. Just not a COD/MW ton.[/QUOTE]

Not so sure. VG Chartz shows that COD currently has 2,391,000 pre-orders and BF has 1,670,000. That's not that big of a difference. I am sure COD will outsell BF, but I don't think by as much as people think. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I am getting both. Just my opinion, which surely doesn't mean I am right on this one. I would just love to see COD have some stiff competition.

[quote name='chriscolbert'] The target audience of these games are brainwashed sheep.[/QUOTE]

I get what you are saying... and sometimes I feel the same way... but I did not enjoy the BF3 beta at all. Looked pretty cool, but I just didn't have fun with it. It made me go from wanting BF3 over MW3 to the other way around.

[quote name='grumpier']I missed the sale earlier this week. Are the stores restocking this week for Batman? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I asked and the response was most likely not. All of my stores sold out Tuesday morning.

I called today because they get shipments Thursdays but they said (like I was told here) they will not get any more in until Sunday.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I asked and the response was most likely not. All of my stores sold out Tuesday morning.

I called today because they get shipments Thursdays but they said (like I was told here) they will not get any more in until Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Boo... Thanks for answering though.

Hmm...just noticed Silent Hill Downpour has been delayed. Considering using my $30 coupon on a Kinect for $120. $80 Kinect seems fair.

$20 worth of Moutain Dew and/or Dorritos?! I guess I could pick up 4 12-packs of Mt. Dew and a few bags of Dorritos. I wonder if either will be on sale next week or the following weeks up to November?

[quote name='wildpygmy']Crazy - so you think BF3 is going to exceed all the considerable hype huh? I saw something today about EA unofficially confirming more than 2 million preorders - numbers in the range of black-ops from last year.

Do you think there is any chance BF3 actually outsells MW3 when its all said and done?[/QUOTE]

Activision found their Madden (aka license to print money on an annual basis without really doing anything) with Call of Duty. It's going to keep selling like crazy no matter how good or bad until Activision floods the market and kills it like they did with Guitar Hero.

You could slap the Call of Duty name on Rogue Warrior or Darkest of Days and they'd make a fortune.

[quote name='chriscolbert']BF3 could be priced at $40 and outscore MW3 by 10 points on Metacritic and still not come close to outselling it. The target audience of these games are brainwashed sheep.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will sell a ton. Just not a COD/MW ton.[/QUOTE]
It's very simple, Call of Duty is no longer just a video game. It is a cultural event.

[quote name='harish7447']Buy Kinect sports 2 --> get $15 coupon

Buy Kinect Sports + Kinect Sports 2 for $75

So if I buy both for $75 will I get the $15 coupon as well :D...I wish it worked this way :)[/QUOTE]
It should stack, yes.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's very simple, Call of Duty is no longer just a video game. It is a cultural event.[/QUOTE]

It is sad but that is absolutely true.

[quote name='EducAsian']I was not being dishonest or being deceitful. All I did was present the $60 in coupons to the clerk and see what would happen. The clerk first looked at the transaction all weird because the register stated that they owed me a penny. He then proceeded to ask the manager to come over to see if he did the transaction correctly. The manager said everything was fine and proceeded to hand me a penny. There was nothing wrong with that at all. I didn't say a word. I just let the clerk do his thing and even the manager said it was cool.[/QUOTE]
I received a penny back when I purchased L.A. Noire with $60 in coupons in may the register showed change 1 cent. I thought it was normal it was my first purchase with coupons.

Here I was worrying I would have to buy BF3 for full price. Yay Kmart. I'll be there @ 8am to hopefully get a LE. Thankfully I live in South Dakota and Kmart isn't known as the most beloved location for video games, as I got B:AC on Tuesday hours after it had opened. Kmart is really stepping it up.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well. [/QUOTE]

Josh, I sent you a couple emails regarding my fiasco Tuesday morning. It is kind of on this topic.

I bought Batman and the 30 dollar coupon got stuck printing out. The clerk asked for help from the return desk to figure out how to get a 30 dollar receipt printed out. They could not figure it out and after an hour they decided to try and 'return' the game and then just ring it up again.

Well it would only return for 39.99 because of the 20 dollar coupon I used on it, and I wasn't about to spend another 20 dollars for a game I already purchased, so they went to get that coupon out of the clerks register and scan it, but she couldn't get it to work-return for obvious reasons (it was used).

The clerks talked to someone on the phone, the accounting person?, and she told them to 'void out/line void/hard void", I dont' remember, the entire purchase and for some reason that should work???? Well, it didn't.

They voided out that purchase on the gals register and I STILL couldn't get the right amount refunded so I can rebuy the game. I asked multiple times just send me off with a store gift card, or why couldn't a manager just sign off on the return for the amount?

I was told that if I come back to the store I can use this 30 dollar crumpled up piece of paper with no barcode/numbers on it just the top portion is legible. I don't know how that will work, or if they just tried to shoo me away after an hour of this.
They also stated because they voided out the purchase on the register they had to write a note on my receipt for accounting! I think I got screwed.

I should have had them copy the reciept on their scanner or something but after an hour of this I wanted the freak out of there. But in all seriousness, the 10 dollar coupon printed ok, BUT they voided out the purchase so I think it won't scan (I am guessing) or work when I try to use it. I also probably did not get the rewards points either because they voided out the purchase.

I am glad the game worked and I didn't have to try and exchange it for another copy! lol. So that was my tuesday.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just have sales numbers at the moment but we have definitely exceeded our forecasts[/QUOTE]

Well get ready for battle feild 3 because I will be right in there next week. LOL Thanks Josh. It has been a killer year. I think it is safe to say 85% of my games purchased the past year have been purchased at Kmart.

[quote name='bromans12']Not so sure. VG Chartz shows that COD currently has 2,391,000 pre-orders and BF has 1,670,000. That's not that big of a difference. I am sure COD will outsell BF, but I don't think by as much as people think. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I am getting both. Just my opinion, which surely doesn't mean I am right on this one. I would just love to see COD have some stiff competition.[/QUOTE]
Well there's your problem.

MW3 will outsell BF3 by a non-insubstantial amount. Several million units, at least. But BF3 will still be a huge event for EA. While they won't beat MW3, they are getting attention, and that's valuable in its own right.

[quote name='DerClaw']Maybe Josh can't afford the team of experts necessary to parse that paragraph, man. Use the Enter Key once in a while.[/QUOTE]

If you are inferring the paragraph should be littered with various strikes of the 'enter' key to make it appear even more random and sporadic for your entertainment, than you sir, can quote it and do it yourself.

I used the 'enter' key for you because I am using a new paragraph to produce dramatic effect.

I really wanted to use 'with all due respect', but decided against it.

@dpsycho- Understood. I Didn't really take it as an attack. I took it more of somebody on the internet trying to be funny or a jerk. A suggestion should always be welcomed by all and is fine and good if it doesn't start with saracasm or dickery. Also, my reply was just about returning the love which I usually refrain from doing because I get tired of how people behave on forums.

I think I spent too much time on the NFL forums. People can be just arrogant and rude like a Jim Harbaugh handshake after a football game.

I read your block of text, and it was definitely difficult. DerClaw was justified in his suggestion, and you shouldn't take it as an attack.

[quote name='saiga123']is there any deals for Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and The King of the Fighters XIII?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this, too.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]
I would do this all day, every day. Is that a Chicago only job though or is it regional?

[quote name='wEEman33']I would like to know this, too.[/QUOTE]

Yes... it would be awesome if there were a deal for ultimate marvel vs capcom

[quote name='DPsycho']Last we were told, KMart will not be carrying Ultimate MvC3.[/QUOTE]

Really? My local Kmart has copies of the normal Marvel vs. Capcom 3 sitting in their glass case, so I figured surely they would order the new one.

[quote name='wEEman33']Really? My local Kmart has copies of the normal Marvel vs. Capcom 3 sitting in their glass case, so I figured surely they would order the new one.[/QUOTE]

That's actually the reason why they won't be carrying it. If they couldn't sell as many copies of the first version of the game, why would they think they'd sell the second version of it?

[quote name='GPrime101']That's actually the reason why they won't be carrying it. If they couldn't sell as many copies of the first version of the game, why would they think they'd sell the second version of it?[/QUOTE]

kmart.com has it on their site so I dunno...

[quote name='koruwa']Yes... it would be awesome if there were a deal for ultimate marvel vs capcom[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I would stay on the safe side and wait another 6 months for Capcom to announce the Complete Hyper Turbo Super Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Gold Edition. With only 10 new fighters and a few extra stages, UMvC 3 is not worth it. It could've been a $15 DLC pack but they are charging $40 for it? Screw Crapcom.

[quote name='EducAsian']Honestly, I would stay on the safe side and wait another 6 months for Capcom to announce the Complete Hyper Turbo Super Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Gold Edition. With only 10 new fighters and a few extra stages, UMvC 3 is not worth it. It could've been a $15 DLC pack but they are charging $40 for it? Screw Crapcom.[/QUOTE]

12 new characters and spectator mode :D

My friend just called 2 Kmarts in NYC today as both had BAC sold out since Tuesday morning, but the electronics staff just told him that they don't order games and no idea about the restocking.

I thought the staff should report the inventory issue. Does anyone know when the NYC stores usually got their restock shipments?

[quote name='gotdott']12 new characters and spectator mode :D[/QUOTE]

My bad, 12 new characters. But none of them are really all that unique. Also, not one single new female? What's up with the sausage fest?? Also, it still doesn't discount the fact that UMvC 3 is a glorified expansion pack and Crapcom is grossly over-charging at $40. The expansion should be $15 at most. When they release UMvC 3 nine months after MvC 3, you know they are just milking the game like no other.

[quote name='EducAsian']My bad, 12 new characters. But none of them are really all that unique. Also, not one single new female? What's up with the sausage fest?? Also, it still doesn't discount the fact that UMvC 3 is a glorified expansion pack and Crapcom is grossly over-charging at $40. The expansion should be $15 at most. When they release UMvC 3 nine months after MvC 3, you know they are just milking the game like no other.[/QUOTE]

That's your opinion but I'd rather pay 30$ than 5$ a character like every other fighter charges.

[quote name='EducAsian']My bad, 12 new characters. But none of them are really all that unique. Also, not one single new female? What's up with the sausage fest?? Also, it still doesn't discount the fact that UMvC 3 is a glorified expansion pack and Crapcom is grossly over-charging at $40. The expansion should be $15 at most. When they release UMvC 3 nine months after MvC 3, you know they are just milking the game like no other.[/QUOTE]

Lol butt hurt nerd rage.
No one is forcing you to buy it. I'm all over this even though I bought the original collectors edition. I just traded it in disk only a couple weeks ago and got $22 with bonuses at BB so the game is only $18. Also, if Pheonix Wright isn't a unique character, there has never been uniqe character in a fighting game. Ever.

Tried to get back on the coupon train on Tuesday for Batman AC but my Kmart store # 3474 always seem to have issues getting stock or putting new inventory out on time. As a result, I ended up getting it at TRU this week. Really want to get BF3, U3, and Skyrim at Kmart in the coming weeks. Hopefully I'll have better luck getting back on the train on 10/25.

I got so sidetracked by the newest kmart thread troll that I forgot to ask my question -

please, let's get some coupon offer on 3DS Sonic in november, josh! Those games are so much more fun on a portable to me. I don't think of them really as console games anymore.

Last edited:
I'm just astounded that he isn't banned yet for being such a consistently annoying troll who does what he can to constantly shit up this thread.

how do you get these gaming coupons? do you just go and buy the game, and can anyone get them? I don't understand what you have to sign up for to get the gaming coupons.

[quote name='wwe101']how do you get these gaming coupons? do you just go and buy the game, and can anyone get them? I don't understand what you have to sign up for to get the gaming coupons.[/QUOTE]
The op tells you how to get them
To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

Go to the Kmart store and apply for the "Shop Your Way Rewards Card." Once a member, present the card during purchase for any of the marked games at the store or on this thread. As long as you are a registered member and use the card during purchase, the gaming receipt will print.

You can then proceed to use the gaming coupon / receipt during the time frame listed (example: 11/1 - 12/1). What a lot of ppl do is get into the gaming coupon stream and just buy games that print more coupons. So like buy a $60 game (ex. uncharted 3) and then the next game you buy you would get it for $40 (ex. modern warfare 3) if you use a $20 coupon and then with that purchase another coupon prints. Rinse and Repeat.

Also, it's a good idea to register your card on the shopyourwayrewards.com website so you can monitor purchases and such.

Drove to the store in Shawnee, OK (about 45 minutes away, closest one to me) to pick up Ratchet & Clank. I wanted to use my Star Fox coupon before it expired. That store never got any copies of Ratchet & Clank.

My in-laws live in a town that has a K-Mart. Could I e-mail them my digital receipt, and have them print the coupon from that?

[quote name='scott2hotcott']Drove to the store in Shawnee, OK (about 45 minutes away, closest one to me) to pick up Ratchet & Clank. I wanted to use my Star Fox coupon before it expired. That store never got any copies of Ratchet & Clank.

My in-laws live in a town that has a K-Mart. Could I e-mail them my digital receipt, and have them print the coupon from that?[/QUOTE]

I think so. just make sure they give your phone number.

[quote name='confoosious']I think so. just make sure they give your phone number.[/QUOTE]

I knew that they could give my phone for the SYWR account. I just wanted to make sure that printing the coupon from the digital receipt would be accepted. Thanks for the help.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']I'm just astounded that he isn't banned yet for being such a consistently annoying troll who does what he can to constantly shit up this thread.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can get banned just for being annoying.

Although I would think saying "F your mom" to someone would have done it. But I don't think any of the mods are vietnamese.

[quote name='KtMack23']Lol butt hurt nerd rage.
No one is forcing you to buy it. I'm all over this even though I bought the original collectors edition. I just traded it in disk only a couple weeks ago and got $22 with bonuses at BB so the game is only $18. Also, if Pheonix Wright isn't a unique character, there has never been uniqe character in a fighting game. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Lol, you should be the one that is nerd raging....you bought the Collector's edition and none of the stuff that came with it is worth anything anymore after they announced UMvC3. Jill and Shuma? Whoever even uses them, lol? And the beta that was MvC3 was one of the most disappointing games of all time. Absolutely no story mode at all for each character, (those comic strips for each character don't count, no spectator mode, and a bare bones game....and they charged $60 for it? Talk about getting ripped off. People like you who keep wasting money on Crapcom games is why they keep recycling these "Ultimate Hyper Turbo Supreme Gold Edition Mvc3" games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back