KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a good deal with Battlefield 3. Any word on Uncharted 3 deal? i have my $30 voucher from buying batman and i think its between battlefield 3 or uncharted 3.

[quote name='shredsofsanity']Didn't see an answer but does anyone know if you get the coupon for Arkham City even if you just put it on layaway?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

With the headphone deal, do I have to buy them right then and there when I pick up BF3? Im not looking to spend a nice amount of money at one sitting, if I did I wouldnt be a cheap ass gamer :D

[quote name='ULOOKUPTOME']Looks like a good deal with Battlefield 3. Any word on Uncharted 3 deal? i have my $30 voucher from buying batman and i think its between battlefield 3 or uncharted 3.[/QUOTE]

Use the coupon on BF3 which gives you a $20 coupon you use on Uncharted 3 which comes with another coupon which you use on Skyrim, etc.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Yes.[/QUOTE]

You're saying they give you the coupon right there, while you haven't paid for the full value of the game?

Anyone else see a potential problem here? What if they cancel the layaway later and used the coupon?

Does anyone know how quickly Kmart restocks their games during the first week of release? I've asked several employees and I get mixed answers. Just want to know if I'm wasting my time looking for Batman or if I have a chance to find it restocked tomorrow. As far as I can tell, the stores near me received their initial shipment for Tuesday and that was it.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I skimmed through... Josh mentioned he may unleash some of the MW3 deal last night... no news on that front?[/QUOTE]
Have to do it next week, same for clearance.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']You're saying they give you the coupon right there, while you haven't paid for the full value of the game?

Anyone else see a potential problem here? What if they cancel the layaway later and used the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes I personally put Batman AC on layaway tuesday. I wont be cancelling my layaway. I had to put like $15 down. I have done so before also. I do see where you are cominng from though.

I'm tempted by the BF3 offer with the x12 headset... but since I don't know if my Kmart will have the x12 in stock by then, or if BF3 will even be in stock (Batman and Just Dance 3 weren't), I may just go with Amazon this time.

[quote name='yuyak']I'm tempted by the BF3 offer with the x12 headset... but since I don't know if my Kmart will have the x12 in stock by then, or if BF3 will even be in stock (Batman and Just Dance 3 weren't), I may just go with Amazon this time.[/QUOTE]

If you get there at opening your good to go for the game. The headset you might want to check with stockboy on

[quote name='GamingFiber']Got my copy from the K-Mart on Astor Place in NYC. Cashier knew about the deal, coupons printed out fine. There were still 2 copies left when I got there which was around 4.[/QUOTE] An update on NYC Astor, Batman looks like 1 copy for 360 and maybe 2 for PS3. Also 1 for Ratchet. Went there Friday 9:30pm.

POSTIVE UPDATE:
Had a positive experience my second time going after Batman AC. Just thought I would update after posting my complaint about my first visit. It's easy to post the negative, yet so much harder to get up the effort to write about the good.:)

:arrow:Josh/crew thumbs up on getting and applying good deals. Kmart has impressed me over the past year +. I have recommended Kmart alot more as of recent.

I have been wondering though; Wouldn't it generate more sales if the deals posted here, were in the ad or advertised at all? It's the strangest thing that it surprises the employees when a game purchase prints coupons. Are the deals suppose to be secretive and/or a members only incentive for hardcore gamers?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']7749 shipped via UPS, tracking:
Estimated time is 3:00pm

7777 shipped via UPS, tracking:
Delivered at 11:07am

Mark Korich is calling both NYC stores[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Over 25 each for both platforms were sent in to NYC stores for launch.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh for restocking. I forward the info to my friend this afternoon and he was able to get the game after work.

In my opinion, about 100 copies for these AAA titles on launch day might underestimate NYC's market, especially when you guys have the best deal.

[quote name='wewill']

I have been wondering though; Wouldn't it generate more sales if the deals posted here, were in the ad or advertised at all? It's the strangest thing that it surprises the employees when a game purchase prints coupons. Are the deals suppose to be secretive and/or a members only incentive for hardcore gamers?[/QUOTE]

I am sure there is something that each retailer signs with the gaming company's to try not to PUBLICALLY out do each other to sell there game. Obviously advertising is allowed, but probably only a certain amount and a certain type.

Just a guess though.

so the "Buy both Dance Central and Dance Central 2, get $25 off, for the total of $75" offer is not effective to NYC stores?

why so hate here???

[quote name='wewill']I have been wondering though; Wouldn't it generate more sales if the deals posted here, were in the ad or advertised at all? It's the strangest thing that it surprises the employees when a game purchase prints coupons. Are the deals suppose to be secretive and/or a members only incentive for hardcore gamers?[/QUOTE]

The print ad has to be finalized in the realm of four weeks before it goes live. Josh is often still negotiating deals with publishers two or sometimes one week before a game is released, and it seems that things get changed around a lot before (and occasionally after) he tells us what the deals are. (Case in point, Batman T-shirt becomes LotR coupon.)

This has bitten him before when he submitted for the print ad that Infamous 2 would come with a free copy of Infamous at launch. Then, a few short weeks before its launch, PSN came back online and offered Infamous free as a choice download. This devalued KMart's Infamous 2 offer, but he couldn't go back on it as it was slated for the print ad. Had that not been the case, he suggested, he would have been able to nix the freebie and increase the coupon value.

Now i regret not going to astor place to pick up batman. Was very tired after work and went to sleep and now i am awake at 3am -_-
Would there be any chance they have any left after a user posted there were 3 left as of 9:30PM? online tracker says sold out :(

[quote name='wewill']POSTIVE UPDATE:
I have been wondering though; Wouldn't it generate more sales if the deals posted here, were in the ad or advertised at all? It's the strangest thing that it surprises the employees when a game purchase prints coupons. Are the deals suppose to be secretive and/or a members only incentive for hardcore gamers?[/QUOTE]

The Kmart coupon deals, like everything else in this community, are supposed to be secretive. Borderline CAG exclusive, even. (gives secret handshake)

I mean, it's not like any of us just happened to randomly stumble upon this website.

[quote name='dorsalphin']Does anyone know how quickly Kmart restocks their games during the first week of release? I've asked several employees and I get mixed answers. Just want to know if I'm wasting my time looking for Batman or if I have a chance to find it restocked tomorrow. As far as I can tell, the stores near me received their initial shipment for Tuesday and that was it.[/QUOTE]

I am in Kmart frequently (several times a week) and have NEVER noticed them restock games the same week as a promotion. I"m sure they'll have more next week when the game is back at MSRP

I e-mailed Josh about my AC coupons on Tuesday, but still haven't heard back. I would PM him here, but the option is missing from his profile page. At this point, I'm thinking I should just return/rebuy the game.

went and picked up batman with no problem. guy knew about th coupons and was great experiance. keep up the great work josh. next tuesday battlefeild 3

[quote name='DS9']Kmart stock is ridiculous.

3 Kmarts in my CITY and between the 3 each had 5 or less PS3 Batman. I went this afternoon and no copies.[/QUOTE]

I picked up my copy last night and noticed they had about 2 for the XBox360 and maybe 5 for the PS3 in the locked case.

However when I asked them to get me a copy they had more behind the counter or in the back or something as the guy came over to me while I was standing at the case with my copy in his hand. He walked me up to the registers at the front of the store to pay.

I was slightly worried they wouldn't have it when I got off work.

Great deal BTW. I used the $20 coupon had I had from Gears 3 and got the $30 off coupon. I will probably use it on UC3 or MW3

Loved the batman deal. Had $20 + $5 in coupons from Dark Souls then bought Arkham. Then sold on half.com for $49.99. Ended up making $7 profit + a $30 coupon :D

I saw in the ad this week the Mountain Dew/Doritos deal where if you buy over $20 of Mountain Dew or Doritos products you get a $10 gaming voucher. Is it just Mountain Dew, or does it work for any Pepsi product, since Mountain Dew is owned by Pepsi?

We don't eat Doritos or drink Mountain Dew in my house, and really my mom is the only soda drinker and she sticks to Diet Pepsi, but I would like to get in on the deal if possible.

[quote name='JaTaN']Not sure why people ask employees about promos posted online, you just have to use your SYWR card (its not like the employee has to punch in a special code for you to get the deal) -- just have them scan your SYWR card and then pay for the game, wait for the receipt & gaming coupon to print out (if for some reason it doesnt print out then return it to the service desk or send an email to Kmart using the info posted on the first page of this thread)[/QUOTE]

My wife went on 9/20 in the afternoon and got Gears of War 3 for me. She got the $20 coupon. My wife asked the cashier about the $20 coupon. Cashier said it should print and it did. Said it was only the second copy they sold so far. Last night we went to the same store to get Batman AC. Got the coupon (printed just fine) but the kid at the register didn't even notice it was printed. If he had clicked email receipt only can I later print the $30 coupon? Or must it be printed at the register only?

Either way is fine as long as it prints. I will keep looking at Kmart and ToysRus as they seem to have the best deals without having to preorder a bunch of games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I saw in the ad this week the Mountain Dew/Doritos deal where if you buy over $20 of Mountain Dew or Doritos products you get a $10 gaming voucher. Is it just Mountain Dew, or does it work for any Pepsi product, since Mountain Dew is owned by Pepsi?

We don't eat Doritos or drink Mountain Dew in my house, and really my mom is the only soda drinker and she sticks to Diet Pepsi, but I would like to get in on the deal if possible.[/QUOTE]

All anyone has to go by right now is the ad you mentioned, which makes it pretty clear that it's only Mountain Dew. I mean I suppose anything is possible, but there is absolutely no way for anyone to know until they try it once the promotion kicks in.

[quote name='sladeums']re: mountain dew/doritos
this was posted on fb as well :
s5Aqn.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaTaN']Not sure why people ask employees about promos posted online, you just have to use your SYWR card (its not like the employee has to punch in a special code for you to get the deal) -- just have them scan your SYWR card and then pay for the game, wait for the receipt & gaming coupon to print out (if for some reason it doesnt print out then return it to the service desk or send an email to Kmart using the info posted on the first page of this thread)[/QUOTE]

To me it's bad business for K-Mart employees not to be knowledgeable about the deals. If a customer comes in from off the street and has no idea about the deal comes in and buys the game and the employee has no knowledge of the deal then I see several possible scenarios.

A. If the employee doesn't know that the deals are a regular occurrence then they can't sell shopping to K-Mart to the customer. The customer might think it was a one time occurrence for the coupon or they might not even realize they got a coupon because from my experience the employees just treat that coupon like it was another Direct TV advertisement.

B. Being able to sell to the "just looking" crowd. From my experience in working in retail when someone says they are "just looking" you have a chance to make a sell if you push for it. If I was a K-Mart employee when I saw someone looking at the case I would give them a quick elevator sales pitch and tell them about the gaming credit deals for the week. If the employee isn't knowledgeable enough about the deals to be able to tell customers about it they shouldn't be working in retail. The less knowledgeable you are the more revenue you cost the store.

C. Lets take Battlefield 3 for example if a customer comes in and just buys the game and has no idea about the headset promo and the employee doesn't tell them then that is a lost sell opportunity. Once again if I was working there I would make my sales pitch about the headset as I was getting the game out of the case.

Despite the horrible shopping experiences with the glass prison at K-Mart that does open up so many chances for employees to engage the customers and notify them of the deals. I understand that the employees are having to cover multiple departments and they are probably making minimum wage so they aren't that motivated to do a good job but if they want to make more then minimum wage they need to be an asset to the company and not just a key holder for the case.

I also realize that not all K-Marts are bad and some K-Marts do have very knowledgeable staff that do this stuff already and this is just beating a dead horse.

In an ideal world, every kmart cashier would know about all the promos and be enthusiastic about selling you games.

Since that's unrealistic, all people are saying is, don' involve them if you don't need to. Unless something unforeseen happens, the coupon will print out like they print out, different coupons will stack, and if all else fails, Josh will help you out.

I went Thursday to my local Kmart and they didn't have any. Went yesterday to my 2nd nearest Kmart, about 12 miles away, and also none left. Will try my store again now. If not, I guess It's waiting for a sale for me. My fault though, since I should have gotten this Tuesday. A deal like this for a game that highly anticipated isn't gonna last that long.

The bottom line with Kmarts in general is they aren't seen as a place for electronics. People have had such crappy service and with a lot of store closings its bottom tier for retail. Josh has a chance to really jump start the Kmart name, but from what I see the hiring standards are less than McD's. I would say offer the employee an incentive for pushing the most products. Then they might care to know about the deals or even store wide deals. They are probably getting paid peanuts but if actually going above and beyond was rewarding... maybe Kmart would be better.

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake'] They are probably getting paid peanuts but if actually going above and beyond was rewarding... maybe Kmart would be better.[/QUOTE]
That is retail work. It's a bit much to assume anyone other than a dedicated electronics employee would know about the deals. There is no reason for any other employee to know or frankly care, they don't get paid extra and frankly probably don't want the extra workload.

Is the Ratchet coupon working yet? Do I have to return/rebuy today, or is Josh handling reimbursement? Sorry, been away a bit this week.

Stepped foot inside a K-Mart for the first time since like last year just to see if things changed since then. Last time I remember shopping there was for Golden Sun Dark Dawn, around that time this K-Mart never had anything out on time, ever. To my surprise today, they had Arkham City in the display case as well as a ton of other recently released games. What was even more surprising was there was 10~15+ for each console.

I also saw like 6 Halo Reach LE, a Killzone 3 Helghast, Infamous 2 Hero Edition, Gears 3 Console and a ton of other huge boxes. Now I really know why they're so hesitant to stock these editions, they just sit there for months on end. Either way, it was nice to see this K-Mart in such different shape from last year.

Long shot... but will kmart be carrying Battlefield 3 for PC? And will the promotional coupons be applicable to it as well?

[quote name='XClaude']Long shot... but will kmart be carrying Battlefield 3 for PC? And will the promotional coupons be applicable to it as well?[/QUOTE]

Stated in the OP, but they will not be. Only PC exclusives (and bigger AAA titles at that..) will be carried...

just stopped by my kmart like 5 minutes ago. #3964 in philadelphia. still has like 6 copies of batman for ps3 (didn't check 360) no copies of ratchet and clank. again, disappointing but i'm happy cuz i still havent beaten crack in time. dr2:eek:tr is in stock for the ps3 now. thank god it wasnt launch week. basically dr2 wit frank, uranus zone, and a few new cutscenes

edit: my electronics employee knows me know (by face. actually smiled at me today i think :p) and the coupons printed out no problem

Went to three KMarts in my area. (Davie FL, Hollywood FL and Pembroke Pines FL) Only had ONE Batman (360). I picked it up even though I want the PS3 version. If anybody wants to swap versions just write me a message. =)

[quote name='nietzsche74']The Kmart coupon deals, like everything else in this community, are supposed to be secretive. Borderline CAG exclusive, even. (gives secret handshake)

I mean, it's not like any of us just happened to randomly stumble upon this website.[/QUOTE]

You're joking right? Everyone of these Kmart deals end up on Kmartgamer.com. Every print Kmart ad has a header that says something to the effect of "For exclusive offers go to kmartgamer.com". NO WAY are these deals meant to be some type of 'CAG Only' deal.

[quote name='WormFOODx']SHC, do you know if your stores will be getting any of the PC version of Battlefield 3? I live in Phoenix, AZ.[/QUOTE]

This is answered in the OP as well as 3 posts above yours.

If anyone would like my 10$ LOTR coupon feel free to PM me and I will mail it to you.

The coupon states that you can stack, so I'm assuming you can make a good deal even better if you already have a coupon.

Regarding BF3 standard to limited edition ratio... so far my store is at 34 (all 360... PS3 version didn't come yet for some reason) standard and
limited.

[quote name='mguiddy']Regarding BF3 standard to limited edition ratio... so far my store is at 34 (all 360... PS3 version didn't come yet for some reason) standard and
limited.[/QUOTE]

Hmm thinking about going with Amazon then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back