KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a feeling that this MW3 offer would create a lot of questions and I got a few.

I understand if you don't reach the $40/110 threshold after using a coupon then you won't get the respective coupon. What if for example I bought MW3 and the $40 year of Live and used a $20 coupon. Since the coupon can be used on Live would it split the savings across both? Would I still make the threshold?

Can you get both the Live and the Points offer when buying MW3?

Are we still looking at 0-1 Hardened Editions per store?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The following week has a very similar multi title deal. hint.[/QUOTE]
Alright, fair enough. :) The hint (and the time taken to respond) is appreciated.

I've gone ahead and grabbed it from Kmart (I lucked out and the LE was still in stock, and the associate was well informed.) Amazon can't guarantee me any bonus on some titles that matter, so I'll take the bird in the hand. (Just as long as I don't get flipped this bird.)

That, and I do like supporting the push Kmart's been making under you (and the competition it's spawned.) Just don't forget us PC gamers when things pick up on the web side, is all I ask. :bouncy:

Now to put off doing all the things I should be doing to finish Mass Effect 2 for the first time and then dive into BF3.

I went back later in the day and everything was out. I guess I just need to wait until later in the day. The guy taking care of electronics was really good, too.

The Disney Universe coupon printed out for me, too.

Went this morning they didn't have it yet. Went again at 7pm tonight and nobody in electronics -- no button to ring someone. Called the store on my phone and had them page somebody to come back. Got the LE BF3 and used my GOW3 coupon.

I went in after posting earlier to see if they had LEs of BF3 and lo and behold, they did. Of course the chick at lunch was lying to me. Knowing that I would lose the coupon I used towards my vanilla version at lunch if I returned it, I spoke with customer service and explained what had happened and the woman there managed to return my copy from lunch, took the coupon I earned from it, and gave me the LE copy and the coupon that printed after she rang it up.

I'm glad she was able to do it for me. I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything fraudulent either. I surrendered the coupon from lunch with the game. She tried to give it back, but I told her that I thought I was supposed to give it back and she took it from me.

Only now that I am home, I found out on GAF that the 360 servers have almost been down more than they have been up. So whatever. I'll spend time playing with the Saints Row 3 character creator tonight instead.

So just a heads up if you are buying the headset with the BF3 deal to get the savings it needs to be in the same transaction. I was under the impression that BF3 printed a coupon that was immediately usable for the headsets and I was wrong so I got both (used $30 B:AC coupon so return and rebuy is out of the question) with just the regular $20 coupon and no savings on the X12 headset. I fired off an e-mail to the helper e-mail address to see if there is something I can do and I will post about the outcome so others in my position might know ahead of time. Overall though it was pretty easy as I caught a guy walking stuff over to the gaming department and got both the LE version of BF3 for 360 (they had like 6 or 7) and the X12 headset.

Not sure why anyone thought there'd be a coupon printed for immediate use on the headsets, it has never worked like that.

Asked this a few pages back and couldn't find answer. According to Josh we can buy Call of Duty Elite with 4000 ms points, is this true/confirmed? This would prevent me from buying the Hardend edition and save me $15. Would we still get founder status?

[quote name='209chromatic']Asked this a few pages back and couldn't find answer. According to Josh we can buy Call of Duty Elite with 4000 ms points, is this true/confirmed? This would prevent me from buying the Hardend edition and save me $15. Would we still get founder status?[/QUOTE]

Founder status is granted to anyone who buys cod elite before the 12th or 13th I believe, I can't remember which one.

[quote name='209chromatic']Asked this a few pages back and couldn't find answer. According to Josh we can buy Call of Duty Elite with 4000 ms points, is this true/confirmed? This would prevent me from buying the Hardend edition and save me $15. Would we still get founder status?[/QUOTE]You should be able to buy with points plus get founder status

http://www.callofduty.com/message/50931

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/be-a-founder
"Pre-order and activate your Call of Duty ELITE membership by November 13, 2011 and you can be on the ground force of the revolutionary Call of Duty ELITE service with your Founder status. Elevate your game with all of Call of Duty ELITE’s Premium features, Founder status, & benefits, and get all the MW3 downloadable game content, including all the MW3 packs and more."

Saw couple pages back that U3 will also have a Headset deal with it. Is this correct or was it a spoof?

*Edit* Nevermind Google is your friend :)

so now the only question is is it confirmed to be able to purchase cod elite with Microsoft points. I have a feeling the answer is yes but I haven't seen any official sources confirm it.

This whole spend $110 has disaster written all over it at my local store

Basically the most desirable combo to get the $50 coupon would be MW3 & Skyrim, but of course one comes out tuesday and the other one releases friday (11.11.11), I can see two scenarios playing out that week....

MW3 sells out by the time Skyrim is released on that friday....

MW3 is available, but Kmart does not have Skyrim on the floor for sale due to the weird release window (typically Tuesday, but in this case its a Friday and almost positive most employees will not have a clue at all)

so basically I think that week might be a disaster.

[quote name='Poor2More']This whole spend $110 has disaster written all over it at my local store

Basically the most desirable combo to get the $50 coupon would be MW3 & Skyrim, but of course one comes out tuesday and the other one releases friday (11.11.11), I can see two scenarios playing out that week....

MW3 sells out by the time Skyrim is released on that friday....

MW3 is available, but Kmart does not have Skyrim on the floor for sale due to the weird release window (typically Tuesday, but in this case its a Friday and almost positive most employees will not have a clue at all)

so basically I think that week might be a disaster.[/QUOTE]
Buy MW3 without your SYWR card on Tues (dont have to deal with returning the coupon) then go back on Fri, tell them you want to return the game & buy it again with another game since theres a promo going on, buy both of them together with your SYWR for the coupon

[quote name='martinez91']so now the only question is is it confirmed to be able to purchase cod elite with Microsoft points. I have a feeling the answer is yes but I haven't seen any official sources confirm it.[/QUOTE]
Same here, would hate to cancel my hardened edition from Amazon and later find out you can't buy it with Microsoft points.

The K-Mart that's convenient for me never got any Kirby's and they're sold out of Dance Central 2. What's the best way to find if/when they'll be restocked? Or should I just hoof it across town to a different store?

Any idea when we'll know what the week of 11/13 deals will be, Josh? The $110 offer is cool, but my coupons devaluing the purchase makes it somewhat less hot. Just curious what the next week's deal is since I'll be getting Mario & Saints Row.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It will have neither a coupon offer nor a macro tiered coupon offer but something we have not tried before.[/QUOTE]
So something like "Buy SR3, save $15; buy SR3 and NFS: The Run, save $40" then? ;)

Apparently the LE Battlefields were sold out at my Kmart, hopefully they werent lying because I did get there pretty early, and how many other people couldve gotten there before me? No idea what to do now, I dont want to settle for the standard game either

Picked up the one and only LE cope of BF3 for Xbox in Toledo. Got a little lucky only to be overshadowed by EA and they stupidity. Can't connect to the servers, a lot of people having the same issues.

I was tempted to jump on the 120/50 deal but it's only really attractive to those who were going to get MW3 and Skyrim. I have a very chilled interest in MW3. Plus the only notable game in the promotion period is Saints Row 3.

I think I'll end my coupon train with Skyrim.

[quote name='atlantis']Picked up the one and only LE cope of BF3 for Xbox in Toledo. Got a little lucky only to be overshadowed by EA and they stupidity. Can't connect to the servers, a lot of people having the same issues.

I was tempted to jump on the 120/50 deal but it's only really attractive to those who were going to get MW3 and Skyrim. I have a very chilled interest in MW3. Plus the only notable game in the promotion period is Saints Row 3.

I think I'll end my coupon train with Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed, Halo, Super Mario, Need for Speed...

when does the $50 coupon with the PS3 bundle stop printing? eg. could I use the $50 worth of coupons from this deal to purchase the PS3 bundle on 11/13 and still get the next $50 coupon to print out?

also, is the redemption period on the PS3 bundle coupon the normal month and a half?

[quote name='pjb16']Assassin's Creed, Halo, Super Mario, Need for Speed...[/QUOTE]

he probably doesn't want any of those (cept sr3)

[quote name='kaseyjakes']when does the $50 coupon with the PS3 bundle stop printing? eg. could I use the $50 worth of coupons from this deal to purchase the PS3 bundle on 11/13 and still get the next $50 coupon to print out?

also, is the redemption period on the PS3 bundle coupon the normal month and a half?[/QUOTE]

the end of the 2nd week i believe, like most deals. and yes u can. as long as you buy the bundle. it appears to be set up like a game deal, where you can use as many coupons as possible and pay however u want.

i need to figure out if gettin in on this 110/50 deal is worth it... need to see how things go. is stockboy's email still the same? i havent seen many ppl get replies.

Josh or anyone else - I am interested in getting Skyrim, MW3 and Metal Gear. 60+60+50. Would I be able to get coupons for the 110 amount plus another 50 amount?

Meaning can I get the $50 coupon and then another $15 coupon

[quote name='SeanTM22']Apparently the LE Battlefields were sold out at my Kmart, hopefully they werent lying because I did get there pretty early, and how many other people couldve gotten there before me? No idea what to do now, I dont want to settle for the standard game either[/QUOTE]

I can empathize. My local store claimed they didn't receive any LEs. Kinda regretting not going with Amazon now.

[quote name='atlantis']Picked up the one and only LE cope of BF3 for Xbox in Toledo. Got a little lucky only to be overshadowed by EA and they stupidity. Can't connect to the servers, a lot of people having the same issues.

I think I'll end my coupon train with Skyrim.[/QUOTE]
I've never played any of the Saints Row games, and even I'm looking forward to The Third. I blame the crazy purple dildo.

I was originally planning to buy a couple games for the remainder of the holiday season. With the combination of Josh's deals, how good the games are actually turning out, and actual limited limited editions, it's like Ima like, "Yowzaaa." I may skip some deals if it only involves a vanilla edition and general coupon. I've only gotten through seven percent of Arkham City.

Anyone like Battlefield 3's single-player? I think it's reminiscent of a proverbial and hypothetical COD-ized Good Company. It's linear, but not in a guy randomly screaming "Mason, do it now!" Black Opsian sort of way. Some of the mechanics are bit off-putting (e.g. going through the suspense of evading and locating a sniper, only to get told where he is and told how to kill him). Overall, I'm enjoying it so far.

Asked this like 40 pages back but..

Concerning the Mt.Dew/Doritos deal, does this have to be mt. dew or can it be other pepsi products like pepsi itself?

Thanks

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']Josh or anyone else - I am interested in getting Skyrim, MW3 and Metal Gear. 60+60+50. Would I be able to get coupons for the 110 amount plus another 50 amount?

Meaning can I get the $50 coupon and then another $15 coupon[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. However, you could do 60+60+50 then use whatever coupons you have now and if you don't go under $110 you get the $50.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']Josh or anyone else - I am interested in getting Skyrim, MW3 and Metal Gear. 60+60+50. Would I be able to get coupons for the 110 amount plus another 50 amount?

It says limit $100 in gaming coupons per account so I'd think yes.

You'll need to do 60+60 first to get the first $15+$35 promo. Then do a 2nd transaction for $50 to get another $15 coupon

Why is the OP never updated when a deal is announced? Instead I have to scroll back 10 pages to find when it was mentioned. Fun!

[quote name='JaTaN']You'll need to do 60+60 first to get the first $15+$35 promo. Then do a 2nd transaction for $50 to get another $15 coupon[/QUOTE]

lol the only thing that blows about that is that Metal Gear and MW3 come out on the 8th and Skyrim on the 11th. If I get Metal Gear(49.99) and MW3(59.99) on the 8th together I will be at 109.98 2 cents below the 110 haha. Plus I have a $20 coupon from Battlefield.

So our coupons lower the savings huh? That kind of sucks I would prefer a straight $20 coupon per game since thats the case.

I went by Kmart after lunch, picked up BF3 Limited and X12 headset with no problems. I used $50 in coupons and got the $20 combo discount along with the new $20 coupon (great deal Josh). The clerk mentioned I would not get the full value if I returned the items and said a guy had been scamming them on the coupons (return fraud).

I don't have a lot of time to play games anymore so it would be nice if EA could get the servers working on BF3, the multiplayer is broken right now!

my store had 1 LE ps3 game and 15 XBox LE's. I grabbed the ps3 :). Also the new guy at the desk is cool. I told him to inform customers to get the sywr card to get the coupon as the person before me bought the game (he apparently had no sywr card at all) and just left.

I called Kmart to make sure they had Battlefield 3 out and electronics had me on hold for a total of 25 minutes-- the last ten minutes of those I had the speaker phone on while I watched the guy in electronics not check his blinking phone, and while I asked and received his help getting the game out of the case. Not a big deal since the game was in stock, but damn it, this isn't the first time I've had an impossible time getting ahold of electronics.

*sighs* coupon train will probably end with the mw3/skyrim deal unless I really want NFS, SR3 and Tekken. then it'll end there until next year. blah. I really hope stockboy gets back to me soon =/ that is mostly what this all depends on now.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Asked this like 40 pages back but..

Concerning the Mt.Dew/Doritos deal, does this have to be mt. dew or can it be other pepsi products like pepsi itself?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

mt. dew only. includes normal, diet, code red, and other flavors though.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']lol the only thing that blows about that is that Metal Gear and MW3 come out on the 8th and Skyrim on the 11th. If I get Metal Gear(49.99) and MW3(59.99) on the 8th together I will be at 109.98 2 cents below the 110 haha. Plus I have a $20 coupon from Battlefield.

So our coupons lower the savings huh? That kind of sucks I would prefer a straight $20 coupon per game since thats the case.[/QUOTE]
Buy MG for $50 using your SYWR card to get the $15 coupon and buy MW3 separately without your SYWR card. Go back on Friday to return MW3 & rebuy with Skyrim using your SYWR card

Is it still a general rule of thumb that multiple/different coupon deals dont print out on the same transaction?

For example if game A had a $20 coupon and game B had a $15 one, would only one of the coupons print if at all?

So I know that Kmart stores don't carry collector's editions of games anymore, but I've noticed that there're collector's editions on kmart.com (Uncharted 3, Arkham City, etc). Are those actually available for shipping? Or is there some sort of error?

I bought the Sony headset along with BF3 today but I just noticed Uncharted 3 will have a similar deal but with $40 off instead of $30. Anyone of you returning yours to get in on the higher coupon amount?

Will Kmart even carry the limited edition of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection? I know limited editions will be well limited, but would like to know if Kmart will even carry it.

I'd prefer to do more business with Kmart than pre-order at Gamestop for the limited edition collection.

Edit: I think I might just get the regular edition of this from Kmart. I don't think the artbook is worth $30 more, $45 if the coupon from Kmart is $15. I hope the artbook becomes available separately from Konami in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thebytewasbit']Is it still a general rule of thumb that multiple/different coupon deals dont print out on the same transaction?

For example if game A had a $20 coupon and game B had a $15 one, would only one of the coupons print if at all?[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8879930&postcount=3
- Multiple coupons will print out at check out, you do not have to do each on separate transactions
- The exception is when you expect multiple coupons for multiple items from the same promo - in that case, they need to be rung up separately

If its different game specific coupons (like in your example) then you can do it on the same receipt and all coupons will print out (if you want to buy 2 copies of the same game then you do them separately since its the same promo). The $40/$110 promo during Nov 6-12 isnt game specific and the max per transaction is $50 bonus in gaming coupons, so if you want more than $50 for that promo then you'll need to do a 2nd transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back