KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
So in the OP it says "Point cards don't count towards the total." Does this mean if I buy MW3 + 12 Month + 4000 MSP, 60+30+30= $120, I wont get the $50 coupon for spending over $110?

[quote name='SeanTM22']So in the OP it says "Point cards don't count towards the total." Does this mean if I buy MW3 + 12 Month + 4000 MSP, 60+30+30= $120, I wont get the $50 coupon for spending over $110?[/QUOTE]
12 month live retail is $60 so the cost with the promo is $40

The promo says "gaming software" so doesnt look like gaming hardware/live/points cards qualify

I think I'm going to hold off on BF3, get MW3 Hardened + BF3 using my $30 credit from AC to get that $50 credit. I'll probably end up getting Saints Row 3 or anything else that strikes my fancy with the 50.

What you would be smart to do is to not use your coupon if it would put you below either the $40 or $110 threshold. Then you can save your coupon and use it for your next purchase. That's what I'm doing for Skyrim, I'm going to hold off on using my Uncharted 3 coupon on it, then I'm going to use my Skyrim and UC3 coupons together to get Super Mario 3D Land for free. Then I'm going to use my Super Mario 3D Land and my $15 coupon from the $40 deal to get the Skyward Sword CE for 30 bucks off.

[quote name='RySenkari']What you would be smart to do is to not use your coupon if it would put you below either the $40 or $110 threshold. Then you can save your coupon and use it for your next purchase. That's what I'm doing for Skyrim, I'm going to hold off on using my Uncharted 3 coupon on it, then I'm going to use my Skyrim and UC3 coupons together to get Super Mario 3D Land for free. Then I'm going to use my Super Mario 3D Land and my $15 coupon from the $40 deal to get the Skyward Sword CE for 30 bucks off.[/QUOTE]Wouldn't your Skyrim coupon and the "$15 coupon from the $40 deal" be one and the same since it appears that Skyrim won't be getting its own coupon deal?

Unless I'm mistaken, it sounds like you think Skyrim will also have a $20 coupon, but unfortunately, it won't. :(

Still have that $10 coupon towards Lord of the Rings game. Not really into Lord of the Rings as much as Batman. With Sonic and Goldeneye being released it will be a tough decision on whether or not to get Lord of the Rings.

During the spend $40 get a $15 coupon or spend $110 get a $50 coupon 11/6 week:

Going to get Metal Gear Solid HD collection $50 and get 2 $15 coupons (Figuring that the promotion for MGS HD will be $15 coupon).

Definitely considering spending $110 for the $15 and $35 coupons that I will use on Zelda Skyward Sword bundle. $70 - $50 in coupons =$20 out of pocket plus tax, which is a winning price for me on it!

If not, been saving my $30 coupon from Batman and might use it towards Skyward. If I do both definitely going to use the $35 and $30 coupon owing only about $5 plus tax.

So pretty good experiences at my Kmart recently. I had sworn that place off originally, but the solid deals have me going back. Was able to get AC+coupon, the BF3+coupon with no issues.

Question tho, was I supposed to purchase BF3 in combination with the headset to get the discount? I guess I was expecting a coupon to print out. I wanted to get the X12s.

i think these were asked a bit back and i don't think i caught the answer.
please forgive if i'm mistaken but...for the 11-6 promos, do we know :

1. Are the MW3 '$20 off 12 Months Live' and '$20 off 4000 Points card' offers both available on a single purchase? Or is it either/or ?

2. For the 'Spend $110 get $50' - since the $50 is issued as two coupons ($35 and $15), will these two coupons stack on a single purchase? Or are these two coupons considered 'from the same promotion' and therefore have to be used separately?

[quote name='gunstar808']Question tho, was I supposed to purchase BF3 in combination with the headset to get the discount? I guess I was expecting a coupon to print out. I wanted to get the X12s.[/QUOTE]There's no coupon. The blog states, "Items must be purchased in the same transaction."
[quote name='Jdub_smooth']Curious about the MW3 deal for PS3 owners...will we get the PSN equivalent deal listed before the eighth?[/QUOTE]The MW3 deal has been announced. It's a better deal for the 360 if you are looking to buy points or a Live card. I would assume Microsoft ponied up some additional cash for the promotion that Sony can't or won't match.[quote name='sladeums']Are the MW3 '$20 off 12 Months Live' and '$20 off 4000 Points card' offers both available on a single purchase? Or is it either/or ?[/quote]The wording on the blog implies that you can get both.
2. For the 'Spend $110 get $50' - since the $50 is issued as two coupons ($35 and $15), will these two coupons stack on a single purchase? Or are these two coupons considered 'from the same promotion' and therefore have to be used separately?
They should stack.

Since MS pts won't count towards the $110 total, let's say I spend $115 on gaming software and get the 4000 MS pts for $30, it'd put me at $145. Well if I wanted to use a $20 coupon would it automatically take the $20 off the MS pts, and still keep me at $115 in software? Or does the system not know any better and I'd likely not retain the $110 threshold if I use any coupon?

So it's basically buy two games totaling over $110 and get a $50 coupon. Points don't count towards the total (!?!), and you can't use coupons to lower the total. And then these coupons have a short redemption period?

This is complicated, and doesn't really work for me. I only want Skyrim, and I want to use my coupons. Guess I'm off the train, then...

Please go back to the straight coupon-per-game setup we've had.

Hmm, solid deals for some; I'm definitely put off by the multi-coupon/purchase deal, though. I much prefer a straight coupon per title. Looks like my coupon train will end this year with Skyrim, as I've been saving my Arkham City coupon for that, specifically. Twice as upsetting that neither Microsoft points will count toward the threshold, and that the price is calculated after removing the value of previously acquired coupons. I've never been a huge fan of buy 2 get 1 free promos either, and this seems like its similar, but with a ton more stipulations.

[quote name='pjb16']Since MS pts won't count towards the $110 total, let's say I spend $115 on gaming software and get the 4000 MS pts for $30, it'd put me at $145. Well if I wanted to use a $20 coupon would it automatically take the $20 off the MS pts, and still keep me at $115 in software? Or does the system not know any better and I'd likely not retain the $110 threshold if I use any coupon?[/QUOTE]
I spelled out my plan a couple pages back and it included something like this. Just waiting on confirmation that it would work.

Are MGS HD Collection and Mario Land 3D going to have their own separate coupon deals? After picking up Uncharted 3 next week, I'm going to have a $20 coupon and a $15 coupon (from Kirby) that I wanted to use on those two games.

[quote name='ZForce']Are MGS HD Collection and Mario Land 3D going to have their own separate coupon deals? After picking up Uncharted 3 next week, I'm going to have a $20 coupon and a $15 coupon (from Kirby) that I wanted to use on those two games.[/QUOTE]

the MGS Collection is delayed until Feb 2012.

That being said I hope Mario 3D Land ends up with a coupon. First 3DS game I'll buy that isn't a N64 remake

[quote name='DemonsMaster']the MGS Collection is delayed until Feb 2012.

That being said I hope Mario 3D Land ends up with a coupon. First 3DS game I'll buy that isn't a N64 remake[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing it's been delayed in Europe until February, has a delay in the US been confirmed?

No Skyrim deal by itself, eh? ...might have to buy MW3 AND Skyrim then. I don't usually like buying CoD games at full price but a $50 coupon makes it quite tempting. Just wish there was a PS3-related deal to go along with MW3.

$50 coupon + $20 Uncharted coupon = Free Skyward Sword bundle. Not bad, not bad at all. Just hope MW3 hasn't sold out by the 11th.

[quote name='RySenkari']No Skyrim deal by itself, eh? ...might have to buy MW3 AND Skyrim then. I don't usually like buying CoD games at full price but a $50 coupon makes it quite tempting. Just wish there was a PS3-related deal to go along with MW3.

$50 coupon + $20 Uncharted coupon = Free Skyward Sword bundle. Not bad, not bad at all. Just hope MW3 hasn't sold out by the 11th.[/QUOTE]

It's been mentioned before, but I'll repost the information so more people will hopefully see it. If you want to buy MW3 & Skyrim to get the $50 gaming coupon, just buy MW3 on release day without using your SYWR account. Then do a return and rebuy that Friday along with purchasing Skyrim and them submit your SYWR info to get the coupon. That way you'll be guaranteeing yourself a copy of MW3 if you're worried about it selling out.

[quote name='Greyline108']I'm seeing it's been delayed in Europe until February, has a delay in the US been confirmed?[/QUOTE]

Ah maybe it is just Europe. Either way I'll be picking up the collection for sure whenever it comes out :D

[quote name='ubdu']So it's basically buy two games totaling over $110 and get a $50 coupon. Points don't count towards the total (!?!), and you can't use coupons to lower the total. And then these coupons have a short redemption period?

This is complicated, and doesn't really work for me. I only want Skyrim, and I want to use my coupons. Guess I'm off the train, then...

Please go back to the straight coupon-per-game setup we've had.[/QUOTE]

I love the deals Kmart has been doing with the coupons. Riding the train has been very frugal. Having said that, this new deal reminds me of Best Buy's preorder 5, get $100 gifcard that must be used within a strict 30 day period. It's overly complicated compared to a normal Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal that other retailers have held. And by conditioning us to be used to using our previous coupons to purchase a game and receiving a new coupon, this deal makes using one's previously received coupons counterintuitive. It neither follows Kmart's own precedent of an easy to follow per game deal, nor has the transparency of a regular Buy Two, Get One Free deal.

Josh, I appreciate everything you've done so far, but having worked in retail myself for a number of years, the best thiing to do for any kind of sale is K.I.S.S. I foresee many emails and confused customers that week (not us CAGs of course ;) )

[quote name='Supreme0ne']so for the spend $40 get a $15 coupon, im assuming a game that's priced at just $39.99 wont make the cut?[/QUOTE]

Correct. $39.99 is not $40.

[quote name='Supreme0ne']so for the spend $40 get a $15 coupon, im assuming a game that's priced at just $39.99 wont make the cut?[/QUOTE]

Probably not... I'm not sure if this is due to Kmart having really good deals in the past, but this doesn't feel good at all. I'd even call it a stab in the back.

Basically in order to get Skyrim & MW3, you need to either buy one of them without a coupon that's $20 or more, or if you want both, you're forced to not use ANY coupons and pay $120. :/

I feel for those that bought Batman AC thinking to use it towards Skyrim/MW3 and to keep the "coupon train" running. Guess the track stops here.. now I'm also forced to not purchase Uncharted 3 at Kmart because I can't use it towards Skyrim or MW3. Oh well..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supreme0ne']no sir, i dont like it

was fun while it lasted[/QUOTE]
That's a shitty attitude to have.

$39.99 has never been $40 and will never be $40.
Why do people have such a hard time grasping that incredible concept?

It's pretty funny how Kmart ran this promotion in the spring and everyone loved it. He runs it again with two of the years biggest titles releasing in the same week (MW3/Skyrim), while lowering the upper limit on the deal ($120 to $110) and now people hate it.

I have to plan out my purchase a little more with regards to coupon usage but this deal is still better than anything else out there. People seem like they were expecting $30 coupons on these games just like Batman. Also if I remember correctly Activision made it so Josh couldn't put a coupon on Black Ops, so he had to work around it. I think its likely that that is the case again this year.

[quote name='StickyWhiteSubstance']I'd even call it a stab in the back.[/QUOTE]

I think we all need to stop and take a deep breath.

[quote name='pjb16']Since MS pts won't count towards the $110 total, let's say I spend $115 on gaming software and get the 4000 MS pts for $30, it'd put me at $145. Well if I wanted to use a $20 coupon would it automatically take the $20 off the MS pts, and still keep me at $115 in software? Or does the system not know any better and I'd likely not retain the $110 threshold if I use any coupon?[/QUOTE]

Why not just do a separate transaction for the MS pts card and use the $20 coupon on that? That way it would be straight-forward and would avoid the confusion. You would easily meet The $110 threshold for gaming software on the first transaction that way.

[quote name='burz88']It's pretty funny how Kmart ran this promotion in the spring and everyone loved it. He runs it again with two of the years biggest titles releasing in the same week (MW3/Skyrim), while lowering the upper limit on the deal ($120 to $110) and now people hate it.

I have to plan out my purchase a little more with regards to coupon usage but this deal is still better than anything else out there. People seem like they were expecting $30 coupons on these games just like Batman. Also if I remember correctly Activision made it so Josh couldn't put a coupon on Black Ops, so he had to work around it. I think its likely that that is the case again this year.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is exactly the same as before. Before you could use coupons on the deal, and still get the new coupons. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']That's a shitty attitude to have.

$39.99 has never been $40 and will never be $40.
Why do people have such a hard time grasping that incredible concept?[/QUOTE]

the new "deal" is what i dont like
not that 39.99 never will be 40

im not interested in skyrim or modern warfare or pretty much any upcoming "major" releases except for super mario 3d land. im disappointed it probably wont come with any kind of extra incentive now, and i dont like it

Josh I have a question:
If i buy MW3 and Skyrim in one transaction and get the 50 dollar coupon, can i do a seperate transaction and get another copy of Skyrim and Uncharted 3 and get another 50 dollars coupon?

[quote name='Supreme0ne']the new "deal" is what i dont like
not that 39.99 never will be 40

im not interested in skyrim or modern warfare or pretty much any upcoming "major" releases except for super mario 3d land. im disappointed it probably wont come with any kind of extra incentive now, and i dont like it[/QUOTE]

Have you stopped to think that maybe SM3DL wouldn't have had a coupon anyway and that this is the only way to actually get some money off that title if you can find some filler?

I've been hawking super mario for a while and the lowest I've seen it go is $37.99 in my gold box. No $10 credit or anything from amazon. If someone has seen a credit offer on it, let me know.

Wow this is really lame, they give you big coupon for batman that last for a very limited time, because they know people that bought batman are most likely looking to buy mw3 or skyrim with it and then get another coupon.

This is of course what I thought since I looked here and shc posted that he was working on getting a coupon for both mw3 and skyrim.

This is very lame and very shady... its one thing if they announced this before I got my coupon or having my coupon last a little longer so I could get something else, but no they take it away and try to bait us in then screw us over before we know whats going on. Guess I'm done with kmart for good.

I get everyone's concerns-- that's why I get my friends involved in the coupon train. I got rid of my Batman coupon and got a 20 dollar one instead which should HOPEFULLY be useable on the 4000 points card offer for 29.99 without interferring with the 110 dollar offer.

[quote name='ratm4eva1']Wow this is really lame, they give you big coupon for batman that last for a very limited time, because they know people that bought batman are most likely looking to buy mw3 or skyrim with it and then get another coupon.

This is of course what I thought since I looked here and shc posted that he was working on getting a coupon for both mw3 and skyrim.

This is very lame and very shady... its one thing if they announced this before I got my coupon or having my coupon last a little longer so I could get something else, but no they take it away and try to bait us in then screw us over before we know whats going on. Guess I'm done with kmart for good.[/QUOTE]

They screw you over for giving you a $30 coupon that you can use on ANYTHING video games related? Really?

Kmart can set up policy any way they want to. They have had the best deal on pretty much every new release for over the past year. If one specific deal isn't to your liking that sucks for you, but they didn't "screw us over" at all. If you want to be screwed over, go shop exclusively at Gamestop.

[quote name='ratm4eva1']Wow this is really lame, they give you big coupon for batman that last for a very limited time, because they know people that bought batman are most likely looking to buy mw3 or skyrim with it and then get another coupon.

This is very lame and very shady... its one thing if they announced this before I got my coupon or having my coupon last a little longer so I could get something else, but no they take it away and try to bait us in then screw us over before we know whats going on. Guess I'm done with kmart for good.[/QUOTE]

lololololololololollo

is everyone else as butthurt as this guy? i need to go read the previous pages... this is so funny

Lol, ok dude. Yes, very shady of us to offer a macro coupon deal that includes every game in the department.

I've actually hinted at this deal previously and most people loved it when we ran it previously. Very similar to TRU's deal LY which was also very popular.

BTW, you can't offer a coupon deal directly on MW3 as it is a MAP violation. The only option was a macro offer this year. I'm cool with not liking the offer but take your shady insult somewhere else.

So Skyrim isn't getting a coupon by itself? That sucks. I was originally planning to jump off the coupons after Batman and Skyrim due to the low stock issues, but I considering extending that for some of the 3DS games. Looks like I'll be jumping back to Amazon for the rest of the year then.

Oh hay thar Josh.
Will using our 20 dollar coupons on the 4000 point card offer on Modern Warfare be kosher as far as buying 110 dollars worth of games for the 50 dollar coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back