KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']When will that clearance list be posted ?[/QUOTE]
Been bugging my team all day for it, trying to get it in today.

Not in the office until noon eastern tomorrow. I've left multiple emails so I know that it will be answered quickly but wanted to give an update.

I will say this, I truly believe that the coupon devalues the purchase and puts you under a threshold as much as that may suck but I believe that is the nature of coupons themselves.

josh, quick question. I am on the fence with this whole $110/$50 offer as well since we cant use the batman coupon, but im not gonna hate. hehe My only question regarding this sale is this. You hinted that the following weeks sale will be similar but differemt. That it is something you have not tried ever. So my question is will the coupons from the $110/$50 sale be able to be used to take advantage of that sale and get the coupons from that sale. Thats it. If the answer is yes, then you got my money that week, if the answer is no ill be taking my money elsewhere. The small redemption window ruins it. It doesnt give me a lot of options to use them on unless its to get me off the coupon train which is what people here i think are basically upset about. Also, if i do go with you, can i get Modern warfare 3 and be able to get both a points card and a live card for the sale price or is it one or the other. thanks.

[quote name='lacertile']So to get the $15 coupon in MW3 week, I could use other coupons as long as my total software purchase is $40 or above before taxes & discounts?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='lacertile']So to get the $15 coupon in MW3 week, I could use other coupons as long as my total software purchase is $40 or above before taxes & discounts?[/QUOTE]

No, I think it's with discounts and before taxes.... see, this is why you should get a room full of people and have them be a "test market" for your ideas in order to get a deal nailed down before releasing it :)

looks like i may be getting off the train since i dont plan on spending $110. and since im using my $20 uncharted 3 coupon to get mw3 it will make my gaming purchase $39.99. meaning ill be a penny short of getting the $15 coupon for a gaming purchase of $40. i love these kmart deals but i think the mw3 deal sucks. wouldve been much better with just the standard $20 coupon.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not in the office until noon eastern tomorrow. I've left multiple emails so I know that it will be answered quickly but wanted to give an update.

I will say this, I truly believe that the coupon devalues the purchase and puts you under a threshold as much as that may suck but I believe that is the nature of coupons themselves.[/QUOTE]

Still wondering if you will be carrying fate extra :psp: or LE Metal gear HD, I know odds are slim, but still I fig I should ask...

[quote name='41down']looks like i may be getting off the train since i dont plan on spending $110. and since im using my $20 uncharted 3 coupon to get mw3 it will make my gaming purchase $39.99. meaning ill be a penny short of getting the $15 coupon for a gaming purchase of $40. i love these kmart deals but i think the mw3 deal sucks. wouldve been much better with just the standard $20 coupon.[/QUOTE]
publisher wouldn't allow a coupon on the game itself same as last time with black ops.

[quote name='sageridder']publisher wouldn't allow a coupon on the game itself same as last time with black ops.[/QUOTE]

black ops deal was amazing last year. id happily take the $25 in SYWR...

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DerClaw']No, I think it's with discounts and before taxes.... see, this is why you should get a room full of people and have them be a "test market" for your ideas in order to get a deal nailed down before releasing it :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I misread that very last part. As long as the amount is over $40 after you use your coupons you are definitely good. Josh will update tomorrow if he should find out otherwise.

I recently purchased Dance Central 2 at the K-mart in Festus, Missouri. I made the purchase on Tuesday, and didn't receive a coupon. The lady there told me to check back later in the week, but she hasn't been there. I guess I just want to confirm that there is a $15 coupon that should print out with this game and if there are problems with it. She said that if she can confirm via email that there should be a coupon, she will just give me a $15 gift card.

I just want to confirm before I start asking for a certain person to help take care of this problem.

[quote name='41down']black ops deal was amazing last year. id happily take the $25 in SYWR...[/QUOTE]
That was a pretty significant outlier. It was the only such SYWR deal until January when they had to use SYWR deals as a temporary crutch until the overhauled coupon system came online (which came about because coupon fraud ballooned.)

That kind of deal likely won't be repeated except as extreme necessity demands it (though it was great, and what swayed me to buy it.)

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yeah I misread that very last part. As long as the amount is over $40 after you use your coupons you are definitely good. Josh will update tomorrow if he should find out otherwise.[/QUOTE]

When I was looking into the soda deal for this week, I came across some other deal sites discussing it and it looks like at Kmart the bonus only prints on a post-coupon total. Obviously the gaming stuff could be different (and it's not unheard of for bonuses to print on post-coupon total -- I think most drugstores do that), but I'd also not want to be the first guy to risk putting 60 bucks worth of coupons into the MW3 to have the 50 dollar coupon not print.

So I just signed up for Shop your way rewards, I just wanted to confirm this. So if you were to buy BF3 at Kmart IN STORE, you would get a $20 gift card? Would you be able to combine these gift cards? And do they usually do this with big name tittles?

I know these questions have been asked already, but I haven't seen any answer. For the 110/50 deal is the following transaction possible:

2x mw3 120
2x xbl 80
2x 4000pts 60

and still get the 50 dollar coupon? Can I buy two mw3 on the same transaction and get both xbl card and points card discounted for each one?

[quote name='mistermoravec']I know these questions have been asked already, but I haven't seen any answer. For the 110/50 deal is the following transaction possible:

2x mw3 120
2x xbl 80
2x 4000pts 60

and still get the 50 dollar coupon? Can I buy two mw3 on the same transaction and get both xbl card and points card discounted for each one?[/QUOTE]

You would still get $50 in coupons. However, it has been stated that you can only get 1 card per transaction. I'm not sure if that's JUST ONE or one of each, but you definitely cannot do what you're suggesting there.

[quote name='mistermoravec']I know these questions have been asked already, but I haven't seen any answer. For the 110/50 deal is the following transaction possible:

2x mw3 120
2x xbl 80
2x 4000pts 60

and still get the 50 dollar coupon? Can I buy two mw3 on the same transaction and get both xbl card and points card discounted for each one?[/QUOTE]

You would get the 50 for the two MW3 purchases.

You would NOT get another 50 for the Live cards because they are not considered "gaming software".

At least that is my impression. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='Gannikus']So I just signed up for Shop your way rewards, I just wanted to confirm this. So if you were to buy BF3 at Kmart IN STORE, you would get a $20 gift card? Would you be able to combine these gift cards? And do they usually do this with big name tittles?[/QUOTE]
No gift card -- you get a gaming coupon that good for future gaming purchases (games/hardware/live/points cards)

All the info is on the first page (read the first couple posts)

If I did the 120/50 thing could I buy UC2 and MW3 plus a few extra video games THEN use my Batman code. I just HAVE to pay at least $110 out of pocket, correct?

[quote name='RockoMan']If I did the 120/50 thing could I buy UC2 and MW3 plus a few extra video games THEN use my Batman code. I just HAVE to pay at least $110 out of pocket, correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct, $110 before tax out of pocket.

Still figuring out my purchases myself, I wish Halo and Saints Row came out that week as well.

Picking up Uncharted 3 coll edition and Signature editions/flyer at lamestop.

[quote name='RockoMan']If I did the 120/50 thing could I buy UC2 and MW3 plus a few extra video games THEN use my Batman code. I just HAVE to pay at least $110 out of pocket, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yea...this is basically what I'm going to do. I'm going to snag the Metal Gear collection, the ICO collection and probably BF3 (unless I find a lot in the clearance bin that I want). That will put me at 150, then I'm going to use the 30 from the Batman purchase to get it at 120.

And that 50 is going toward Assassin's Creed fo sho! All four of those games for 130? YES, PLEASE! :D

[quote name='sageridder']publisher wouldn't allow a coupon on the game itself same as last time with black ops.[/QUOTE]

Who the fuck are they not to allow a coupon?

[quote name='nietzsche74']Anyone know the MSRP on Silent Hill HD Collection?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it listed as $39.99 on PS3, but it's been delayed until next year.

[quote name='lacertile']Amazon has it listed as $39.99 on PS3, but it's been delayed until next year.[/QUOTE]

I think you are refering to silent hill down pour.

[quote name='Pyloric']I recently purchased Dance Central 2 at the K-mart in Festus, Missouri. I made the purchase on Tuesday, and didn't receive a coupon. The lady there told me to check back later in the week, but she hasn't been there. I guess I just want to confirm that there is a $15 coupon that should print out with this game and if there are problems with it. She said that if she can confirm via email that there should be a coupon, she will just give me a $15 gift card.

I just want to confirm before I start asking for a certain person to help take care of this problem.[/QUOTE]

I also purchased Dance Central 2 and I didn't get the $15 coupon either.

Is the $15 coupon promo still valid for this game? If so, then I'll email the KmartHelpMe link.

I keep feeling excited for the upcoming promotion and then remembering that I'm not interested in any of the new games that week. O clearance list, where art thou? Actually, I might be better off wondering what the following week's specifics are first...

By "$40+", does he mean that if I bought a $60 dollar game that week using a $20 gaming coupon, it would be at least $.01 below the required amount to qualify for the $15 coupon?

[quote name='nietzsche74']By "$40+", does he mean that if I bought a $60 dollar game that week using a $20 gaming coupon, it would be at least $.01 below the required amount to qualify for the $15 coupon?[/QUOTE]
Yep $39.99 is not $40.00

[quote name='nietzsche74']By "$40+", does he mean that if I bought a $60 dollar game that week using a $20 gaming coupon, it would be at least $.01 below the required amount to qualify for the $15 coupon?[/QUOTE]

yup, because its not a $60.00 game its a $59.99 game. the computer will not print the coupon since its a penny less after the use of the $20 coupon. i almost feel like it was done on purpose because they had to know people would be using uncharted coupons on it...really disappointed. probably gonna look and try to find the cheapest video game item i can to bump it past $40.

[quote name='41down']yup, because its not a $60.00 game its a $59.99 game. the computer will not print the coupon since its a penny less after the use of the $20 coupon. i almost feel like it was done on purpose because they had to know people would be using uncharted coupons on it...really disappointed. probably gonna look and try to find the cheapest video game item i can to bump it past $40.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.... that .01 really hurts the deal for me. No idea what I am going to throw on there to pad it out.

My Kmart STILL hasn't received their shipment of Kirbys. The worker there had told me that a whole bunch of Kmarts in PA hasn't gotten any as well. Looks like there's a problem.

So is it possible for this deal to be extended?

Hmm, on the fence about picking up MW3 and starting the coupon train, but had a few questions.

I would really REALLY prefer to have the hardened edition, and I saw in the OP, that if my local store is lucky to get any, it will only be 1 copy. First question, will SHC-gamer release a list of the stores that are getting stock before hand? or will it just be find out at your local store on release day? It would be nice to know before hand, so I can atleast try to go to the kmart that does have it as I have 2 k-marts both about 25 minutes aways, so in opposite directions. It would be great to know before hand if one of the two stores wil be receiving a copy.

Also, what is the likeliness that a K-mart store will restock on points cards/live cards? I was just at my local k-mart (Fredericksburg, VA), on Monday and they were completely empty on all xbox cards (points and live). I don't shop at k-mart, so don't know how long this has been like this. Don't really care about the live, but it would be nice to pick up a 4k point card for $30, and honestly, that would be my primary reason for me switching my pre-order from amazon to k-mart, and with-out the point card, this promotion really isn't that worthwile to me.

Also, I am a little bummed by the narrow redemption window and the fact that using gaming coupons on this purchase reduces the qualifying amount to receive the additional coupon, kinda shady imo.....and if that is going to be a trend for the $50 coupon for the following week when it is elligble to be redeemed, then i'm definetely not even going to waste my time with this game.

Last point, I get that the people who are already on the "train" will likely blindly leap into this promo, but for someone like me who this would be the start, I really would have to know the upcoming promotions for the time frame the $50 coupon is elligble to be reddemed in so I know if i'll use the $50 on something i actually want, and not be forced to waste it paying retail for a game that I don't really care for just to not lose the value of it, otherwise I wouldn't be any better then just ordering from amazon.

sorry if I sound to picky, just would like to know what I'm getting myself into beforehand and not wait to be one of the people I always see complaining in here on release day about things they could have cleared away before wasting their time.

one final question, un-related to k-mart, will we be able to purchase the Call of duty elite ($49.99) using microsoft points? or will it only be able to be purchased with real $ (that is if you don't pick up the hardened edition)?

thanks to anyone who can provide any answers/insight :)

Not complaining at all but I really need to strategize my coupon usage for this $30 batman coupon. I really hate to waste this $10 lotr coupon by not using it next week. $20 for lotr and getting a $20 coupon back is my likely purchasing path.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Not complaining at all but I really need to strategize my coupon usage for this $30 batman coupon. I really hate to waste this $10 lotr coupon by not using it next week. $20 for lotr and getting a $20 coupon back is my likely purchasing path.[/QUOTE]
That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I think I'll do that since I won't be able to use it for Kirby.

[quote name='jdb230']Hmm, on the fence about picking up MW3 and starting the coupon train, but had a few questions.

I would really REALLY prefer to have the hardened edition, and I saw in the OP, that if my local store is lucky to get any, it will only be 1 copy. First question, will SHC-gamer release a list of the stores that are getting stock before hand? or will it just be find out at your local store on release day? It would be nice to know before hand, so I can atleast try to go to the kmart that does have it as I have 2 k-marts both about 25 minutes aways, so in opposite directions. It would be great to know before hand if one of the two stores wil be receiving a copy.

Also, what is the likeliness that a K-mart store will restock on points cards/live cards? I was just at my local k-mart (Fredericksburg, VA), on Monday and they were completely empty on all xbox cards (points and live). I don't shop at k-mart, so don't know how long this has been like this. Don't really care about the live, but it would be nice to pick up a 4k point card for $30, and honestly, that would be my primary reason for me switching my pre-order from amazon to k-mart, and with-out the point card, this promotion really isn't that worthwile to me.

Also, I am a little bummed by the narrow redemption window and the fact that using gaming coupons on this purchase reduces the qualifying amount to receive the additional coupon, kinda shady imo.....and if that is going to be a trend for the $50 coupon for the following week when it is elligble to be redeemed, then i'm definetely not even going to waste my time with this game.

Last point, I get that the people who are already on the "train" will likely blindly leap into this promo, but for someone like me who this would be the start, I really would have to know the upcoming promotions for the time frame the $50 coupon is elligble to be reddemed in so I know if i'll use the $50 on something i actually want, and not be forced to waste it paying retail for a game that I don't really care for just to not lose the value of it, otherwise I wouldn't be any better then just ordering from amazon.

sorry if I sound to picky, just would like to know what I'm getting myself into beforehand and not wait to be one of the people I always see complaining in here on release day about things they could have cleared away before wasting their time.

one final question, un-related to k-mart, will we be able to purchase the Call of duty elite ($49.99) using microsoft points? or will it only be able to be purchased with real $ (that is if you don't pick up the hardened edition)?

thanks to anyone who can provide any answers/insight :)[/QUOTE]

I feel you, this is a great deal for those already with coupons not so great with those that don't have any to burn.
There has been rumors that you could use Microsoft points to buy Elite but nothing confirmed, I doubt Activision/Infinity Ward would allow this to happen considering they prohibited retailers to offer coupons with Black Ops last year and now with MW3.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Not complaining at all but I really need to strategize my coupon usage for this $30 batman coupon. I really hate to waste this $10 lotr coupon by not using it next week. $20 for lotr and getting a $20 coupon back is my likely purchasing path.[/QUOTE]

Personally waiting on reviews, I hope it does well, but still the game will get back logged either way.

Josh, thanks for the Kirby deal. Picked it up a couple of hours ago and used my Batman cpn and got the new $15 cpn. Store 3435 didn't have it so went over to store #3363 where they now have one copy left, thanks to me;). Also got in on the Dew coupon offer even though I still don't plan on buying MW3. Want to play it, but just don't dig the series that much. I've still only done one playthrough of BlOps and never touched the MP.

And whats with all the crap people are spewing on the 110/50cpn offer? Its not like the Batman cpn expires that week. Just use it on a purchase the following week or the week after. Everyone gets off the coupon train at one point or another

Only real sticking point I see is whether or not you can use point cards to meet the trigger. I looked at my old receipt from the Portal/Mortal offer and it looks like back then points cards did qualify as I had purchased Portal-60, Crysis-40 and two $20 psn cards. Got three offers back: the 10 discount on one card and two coupons. Also note, I used up about $22 in SYWR points and didn't use any coupons during the purchase

it's the best plan of attack, by far...
and the $40/$110 software deals sounds like it's aimed at those that aren't aboard this beast of a freighter already; also, to josh, nice work in general, and good workaround you did on that little policy that activision has given you... i'm guessing it was about time you encouraged sales anyhow, no?

[quote name='rbarba4']Only real sticking point I see is whether or not you can use point cards to meet the trigger. I looked at my old receipt from the Portal/Mortal offer and it looks like back then points cards did qualify as I had purchased Portal-60, Crysis-40 and two $20 psn cards. Got three offers back: the 10 discount on one card and two coupons. Also note, I used up about $22 in SYWR points and didn't use any coupons during the purchase[/QUOTE]
Points cards are excluded altogether this time. It's software only for the 40/110 deal. And there were people that used a coupon last time and still got the deal. Last time the deal was spend $120 before taxes, get $60 in coupons. Simple as that. The problem is it may not work that way this time so hopefully we'll get an answer on that tomorrow.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Correct, $110 before tax out of pocket.

Still figuring out my purchases myself, I wish Halo and Saints Row came out that week as well.

Picking up Uncharted 3 coll edition and Signature editions/flyer at lamestop.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the information. =)

[quote name='SuperMario64']That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I think I'll do that since I won't be able to use it for Kirby.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I dont expect lotr to be AAA by any means, but looks decently fun for $20. If I hate it I'll just trade it and get my $20 back. E3 video on IGN gives a good idea of gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back