KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nietzsche74']Who the fuck are they not to allow a coupon?[/QUOTE]
Well, they can't actively stop a retailer from doing anything, legally. But they can pull advertising, funding (to protect against price drops, for promotions, etc.), and otherwise make retailers' lives miserable. It's sadly not uncommon. It's also why you don't often see straight up discounts day one on a game, and rather gift cards or what have you. That's the retailers' way of adhering to the MAP guidelines a publisher may lay out while still being competitive.

Does anyone know about the canvas map that is supposed to come with pre-orders of Skyrim? Do you actually have to pre-order Skyrim to receive one, or is it just included with the first shipment of titles? If it is not included in the box, I will look to buy it elsewhere.
Sorry if this has been answered in previous posts.

this is a little confusing

I was planning on buying

MW3 $60
homefront $15
4000 Microsoft points card $30
1 yr XBL $40

I read on the blog that points cards dont count towards the $110 deal, but even w/o that the rest of my planned purchase is over $115, so I figured I still get the $50 coupon

now not Im not sure, does the 1yr of XBL count towards the $110 or not?

[quote name='41down']yup, because its not a $60.00 game its a $59.99 game. the computer will not print the coupon since its a penny less after the use of the $20 coupon. i almost feel like it was done on purpose because they had to know people would be using uncharted coupons on it...really disappointed. probably gonna look and try to find the cheapest video game item i can to bump it past $40.[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel as well -- that it was done solely to get add-on sales. In your case (and I mean no offense) it works, because you're buying additional stuff you wouldn't have gotten if it was $39.99 instead of $40.

They probably do figure the same people buying Uncharted 3 are getting MW 3, and this is a way for them to maximize their sales.

Since the coupon train stops at MW 3 for those of us who have $20 coupons (and I really, really doubt an exclusion will be made -- the deal was organized like this on purpose it seems, knowing the penny would stop it), I'll just throw all my remaining coupons on it and go back to Amazon. You had a good run, K-Mart, shame it ended up this way.

The Tampa store had about 10 copies of Kirby tonight as well -- weird ordering going on.

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']this is a little confusing

I was planning on buying

MW3 $60
homefront $15
4000 Microsoft points card $30
1 yr XBL $40

I read on the blog that points cards dont count towards the $110 deal, but even w/o that the rest of my planned purchase is over $115, so I figured I still get the $50 coupon

now not Im not sure, does the 1yr of XBL count towards the $110 or not?[/QUOTE]

Live cards won't work towards the total. Games only.

[quote name='jdb230']Also, I am a little bummed by the narrow redemption window and the fact that using gaming coupons on this purchase reduces the qualifying amount to receive the additional coupon, kinda shady imo.....and if that is going to be a trend for the $50 coupon for the following week when it is elligble to be redeemed, then i'm definetely not even going to waste my time with this game.

Last point, I get that the people who are already on the "train" will likely blindly leap into this promo, but for someone like me who this would be the start, I really would have to know the upcoming promotions for the time frame the $50 coupon is elligble to be reddemed in so I know if i'll use the $50 on something i actually want, and not be forced to waste it paying retail for a game that I don't really care for just to not lose the value of it, otherwise I wouldn't be any better then just ordering from amazon.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for explaining your issues without making gross overstatements or exaggerations. (not sarcasm, seriously)

While the short redemption period seems initially questionable, there are two reasons it makes sense. By November 23, nearly all major games have been released, other than Mario Kart 7 and SW:TOR, so you can get the newest games around launch time for cheaper than other stores (which, if I remember correctly, is what Josh said the coupons are intended for, not necessarily for getting clearance and older titles for less). Plus, the week the coupons start being redeemable is one of the busiest release weeks of the year, so chances are good someone who gets a coupon will use it to buy one of those big releases.

Now you could say that since most games are out already, why not just make the coupons valid for the typical 42 days, which is a fair critique. However, this would include Black Friday, and combining BF deals with coupons is sure to lose Kmart money (shocking revelation that Kmart exists to make money, what a twist!) I would rather have a chance at using a coupon than no coupon at all.

And maybe I'm taking this too personally, but people already on the coupon train aren't the ones blindly leaping into the $40/$110 deal; they are the ones who have planned ahead in order to save the most and should have understood the risk of relying on coupons. Also, because using coupons could increase the total games/cost needed to trigger the deal, previous coupon holders are actually hindered. New buyers benefit the most because they don't have to defer their coupons to later purchases or pay MSRP for more games to use old coupons and get the new ones.

You will also mostly likely know the deal for the next week when the coupons become usable. The hint of "buy x get x off select games" is already more than you get from other stores and I'm sure Josh will announce it at least a week before it starts. I am confident you will be informed enough to make an educated decision as to whether it is worth your time.

Lastly, you aren't paying retail if you are using a coupon. True, you are subtracting the coupon value from the game value, but because the coupons aren't gift cards or cash equivalent, you can't wait for a better offer. The coupons are basically exclusive, extended sales and you aren't likely to find a better deal within the 42 day period.

Rant's over, I guess. I'm just feeling like most people are being ungrateful, even though there are fair reasons to be disappointed. Call me a Kmart/Josh defender or whatever, but I'm just tired of people crapping on a system that is going to save me something like 40% on my holiday gaming purchases.

i know there is only going to be none-2 limited stock of hardened edtion in kmarts around the country, but, hypothetically if there were 2 released in every store, would there be 1 xbox copy and 1 ps3 copy?

i have a ps3 and i have a bad feeling that IF my stores around here get a copy of it in stock it will be for xbox.

The coupons will still print. The redeeming of a gaming coupon does not reduce the gaming total that the coupons print trigger against.

For some reason I don't remember this being the case but hey, these are the experts.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The coupons will still print. The redeeming of a gaming coupon does not reduce the gaming total that the coupons print trigger against.

For some reason I don't remember this being the case but hey, these are the experts.[/QUOTE]

That's great news, but I feel like you're going to have a CS nightmare once the reports come flooding back in stating otherwise. Only time and hundreds of angry CAGs will tell. :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The coupons will still print. The redeeming of a gaming coupon does not reduce the gaming total that the coupons print trigger against.

For some reason I don't remember this being the case but hey, these are the experts.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Now I don't need to find some filler to go with MW3 & Skyrim so I can use my other coupons.

[quote name='Miro']That's great news, but I feel like you're going to have a CS nightmare once the reports come flooding back in stating otherwise. Only time and hundreds of angry CAGs will tell. :)[/QUOTE]
My fear as well, can only relate what they are telling me. I've updated the blog with the info as well.

Great news! Now I can't wait until we find out what the Buy X get X off is to use that $50 coupon.

Also will Kmart be carrying the PS3 Holiday bundle. I saw the Radio Shack is going to have it for 199 during BF, is Kmart thinking the same thing?

[quote name='jkircos']Great news! Now I can't wait until we find out what the Buy X get X off is to use that $50 coupon.

Also will Kmart be carrying the PS3 Holiday bundle. I saw the Radio Shack is going to have it for 199 during BF, is Kmart thinking the same thing?[/QUOTE]
I cannot comment directly on this yet unfortunately.

sweeet:bouncy:

Wow this TOTALLY changes the game plan if true. If this works then I can get $80 in games, get a $50 coupon towards buying a new ps3 then another $50 one from that. Sounds like time to fill up the backlog!

[quote name='chriscolbert']I hope you weren't planning on getting Uncharted 3 since the headset is only going to be $59.99 that week if purchased together.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted is part of my $100 card from Best Buy, so I couldn't do that from kmart.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My fear as well, can only relate what they are telling me. I've updated the blog with the info as well.[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't work, you can post the home address of whoever told you. We'll all show up with pitchforks and torches.

Kind of hard that after all this time some of the responses being posted about the MW3 deal are as negative as they are. Like always, I have no problems with criticizing a deal or anything like that but the attacks on the deal seem to indicate nothing short of me trying to exploit people which could not be farther from the truth.

1. Modern Warfare 3 is hard MAP'd. No direct coupon can be offered on the title. This changes the strategy for the week which includes Skyrim (both are featured in the following week offer - will be revealed prior to MW3 launch). The only offer that can be used is a either a macro offer and a Buy MW3 get x on something else which we are doing both.

2. The coupon triggering or not triggering based on using coupons is not a lever that can be switched on and off. Any thoughts that this was intentional or part of a strategy doesn't make sense to me. I'm glad that IT has said that you can use them without lowering the threshold and that I was wrong about that.

3. The coupon amount of $40 has been run 3 times previously with no complaints until this week. Everyone has been stoked about it and the thought that I used it to intentionally derail those with coupons in their hands is tough on me personally. Heck, I made the $110 threshold just based on the CAG feedback alone that it makes it easier to get the higher coupons.

4. Short redemption window, I've bolded it in the blog and I list it as important to consider before buying. Shady would be just letting the coupon dates be a surprise which many do. Finance definitely would not approve the tens of thousands of coupons out there in the market being active during black friday and to be honest I agree. There is a ton of options to spend that money on for a great discount. The value just needs to be really thought about within your own personal circumstances.

I truly don't expect any brand loyalty, I think consumers should shop wherever they get the most value but for the last two years of creating deals for the criticisms to be more about my motivations for creating a deal more than the situation of the title/system is tough. Heck, I don't really see any offers out on MW3 at the moment even from the big river company.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']If it doesn't work, you can post the home address of whoever told you. We'll all show up with pitchforks and torches.[/QUOTE]
Well, we'll help anyone if they are wrong since it is now in the blog.

Thanks for the clarity, Josh. I will be out of town the week of this deal... so I am also glad to see you will reveal the following weeks deal prior to the MW3 launch.

I feel terribly dumb right now but I've read Josh's post several times and due to me having a terrible day at the moment, I cannot wrap my head around what he is saying.
So what got confirmed, that you can use any coupons so long as the trigger of $110 was hit with gaming software, so the total can be lower than $110? Or was it the questions about using a coupon on a points card or something with the deal and that it's possible but the $110 has to be maintained?

Sorry, but I'm having a rough day.

Josh, you go above and beyond with what you do for the CAG community. Unfortunately a lot of that community consists of spoiled children. We all know that K-Mart wouldn't even come close to being a blip on the radar in the world of video games if it wasn't for your efforts.

The level-headed members of CAG know that you are given parameters to deal with and that you're going to do the best you can with those limitations.

Obviously you're human and it's not easy being accused that you're being shady even when it comes from someone unfamiliar with the system by which you are limited. It's easy for us to say not to take it personal but again that's much easier said than done.

So to that I say, DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL! These idiots that feel some sort of entitlement that you should customize the deals to fit their own desires individually can eat a dick take their business elsewhere. You don't owe us anything. You have a family to feed and have a responsibility to them and to SHC before you should even think about this place.

Thanks again for the awesome deals. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the week after MW3/Skyrim!

Josh, thank you for all of the awesome deals, I jumped back on the coupon train with the God of War Origins collection and saved a ton with the coupons. Also if anyone was in the area I was in the Round Lake Beach,IL store last night and saw 2 copies of the BF3 Limited Editions still on the shelf for 360 but didn't see any copies for ps3

Somehow I have to find a way to get to $110... I realized that I could get halo CEA for $5 if I can do that, so its time to start thinking of Christmas gifts. Thanks for the great deals!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

I truly don't expect any brand loyalty, I think consumers should shop wherever they get the most value but for the last two years of creating deals for the criticisms to be more about my motivations for creating a deal more than the situation of the title/system is tough. Heck, I don't really see any offers out on MW3 at the moment even from the big river company.[/QUOTE]

Josh, I can imagine it would be rough on your end hearing some of the negative feedback. Just try to keep things in perspective amigo. The vocal minority always sounds bigger than it really is and negativity tends to be proactive. There are tons of folks that have been loving what you're doing, even this deal.

I wasnt going to comment at all on this deal because it's not for me, but I do think it's a great deal. I'm not looking to get MW at all, but I will grab skyrim from Kmart and use my batman coupon to do it. Even had you discovered that the coupons DID lower the value of the purchase I'd have still done it and felt like I'd had a hell of a deal. 29.99 for Skyrim? Thank you very much bro. Over my last 3 purchases I'll have saved 55+ dollars. Whether Skyrim prints a coupon or not, that's monumental savings for me.

You're doing a wonderful job man, the MW deal included. Just remember that for every 1 person complaining you've likely a score of silent participants who are loving the deal. Obviously being so connected to your target market the way you are, you can't help but feel the negative stings. Just keep it in perspective though.

Thanks man.

Josh, don't worry about the negative feedback on this deal. It appears to be the case the there is a very vocal minority that are unhappy with this brilliant offer for some reason. I loved the Easter deal and bought games then, and I'm going to buy games now (MGS HD Collection, Lego Potter and something else).

I've worked in retail before and there are those out there that have seen an offer before and always want something better the next time around. And they will always be vocal about it, where as the rest of us will quietly say thank you by buying games from K-Mart.

You're doing amazing work that the more level-headed CAGs recognize and appreciate, so don't let the vocal few get you down. Like Chris said, try not to take it personal, though I understand completely how on a forum like this you're Josh, not just K-mart's rep.

You're doing great, I really appreciate all the hard work you put in for us, and I will continue to shop at K-Mart simply because of what you do. So really... THANK YOU!

Well Sarah Palin said it best we live in a "gotcha" age, people will say off the wall crap just to get a reaction. Happens on this board, on CNN, everywhere.

No sane person would ever expect to be told of upcoming sales as part of the decision whether or not to take advantage of a current sale. NO store operates that way and frankly this thread gives more of a heads up on upcoming promotions than anyplace else.

So I agree with above too. If getting nearly 50% back in store credit on a purchase does not meet your shopping needs then shop someplace else. The Batman deal was basically 50% and this new MW3 thing almost is as well. Maybe I missed it, perhaps other stores are throwing that kind of money at people? I study this site daily so I doubt it.

In short keep up the good work.

Josh, I just wanted to say that as being a customer of Kmart since you started these deals, back with Starcraft 2 was when I started at least, and pretty much solely buying games from Kmart because of the deals you somehow make happen, I really appreciate what you do. I hope you know that anyone with even a small bit of sense to them knows that your deals are not meant to screw anyone over. I can't even begin to imagine the hoops you need to jump through to get these deals to happen. And even when something goes wrong you've always helped me out above and beyond through email. So I just wanted To thank you for letting me continue my hobby in a way more affordable way. Truly appreciate it man.

Josh 3/4 of the negativity was because of the coupon threshold question. People were upset that they got a coupon and then thought they couldnt use it how they wanted. People are going to realize now that they can use their current coupons to get MW3 for a $15 - $30 discount and then get an extra $20 off the 4000 point card or whatever the amount is off the 12 month live card and still get another $15 coupon.

The only thing that could have been better is more Hardened Editions and a normal release date for Skyrim. If stores cant get Skyrim out on time people are going to miss out on the 40/110 deal and they'll probably be pissed and tell you how shady you are again.

Also the clearance list. Once that gets posted people are just going to talk about what they'll be buying and such.

Newegg preorders cancelled. Thank you for the update Josh :applause:

Thanks for the clarification - not sure why people are criticizing. My personal apprehensions (which I did not voice here) were due to the confusion I had over the original coupon - i didn't understand how/why the changes were and didn't really understand how it would work.

Thanks, and for what it's worth, I try not to be brand loyal too much but Kmart being so friendly to gamers has definitely made me consider it a good place to shop and recommend (if that makes sense).

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh 3/4 of the negativity was because of the coupon threshold question. People were upset that they got a coupon and then thought they couldnt use it how they wanted. People are going to realize now that they can use their current coupons to get MW3 for a $15 - $30 discount and then get an extra $20 off the 4000 point card or whatever the amount is off the 12 month live card and still get another $15 coupon.

The only thing that could have been better is more Hardened Editions and a normal release date for Skyrim. If stores cant get Skyrim out on time people are going to miss out on the 40/110 deal and they'll probably be pissed and tell you how shady you are again.

Also the clearance list. Once that gets posted people are just going to talk about what they'll be buying and such.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that skyrim date is set specifically for 11-11-11 for a reason right? There's no way Kmart can do anything about that.

For some reason I don't remember this being the case but hey, these are the experts.[/QUOTE]OH. YES. Thanks so much for the update, Josh! Now I have the option of getting both U3 and Skyrim for $90 before tax and getting the $50 in coupons back! :bouncy: Before I can decide, though, I have to know whether Skyrim will be included in the sale for the week of 11/13 and if Super Mario 3D Land will have its own deal or be included in that week's sale, too. I'll wait a little while before asking, though. :razz:

One question: Is Skyward Sword going to have its own deal when it releases 11/20? That's right before the end of the redemption period for the $50 in coupons, so conceivably, I could continue my coupon train with that title. :D

Does anyone know if the normal price of shadows of the damned is now $40 at kmart? I can check when I stop by there next week but was curious. Thanks!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer'] Modern Warfare 3 is hard MAP'd. No direct coupon can be offered on the title. This changes the strategy for the week which includes Skyrim (both are featured in the following week offer - will be revealed prior to MW3 launch). The only offer that can be used is a either a macro offer and a Buy MW3 get x on something else which we are doing both.

Heck, I don't really see any offers out on MW3 at the moment even from the big river company.[/QUOTE]

Newegg had a blink and you miss it $47.99 preorder special on Modern Warfare 3 over one weekend. However, their free shipping can take up to three days so anyone who was wanting founder status or who wanted to play on release day wasn't happy with that. I'm still debating on whether to pick this up or not since the trade in value usually remains high and I'll be able to enjoy the campaign. Hell, I can sell the game to someone for $45 and still be able to reap the benefit of the discounted points card and $50 coupon.

The one title that I am looking forward to is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The fact that using my coupon on it would have me depart the coupon train reluctantly was preventing me from buying from Kmart. Now with the revelation that using it won't affect a new coupon printing out has me returning to Kmart twice instead of just once now.

Wait...since I'm new to the whole train thing I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

Josh is saying...if somebody goes in and buys two games at 60 each...and then uses the 30 dollar coupon from Batman...the 50 dollars in coupons WILL still print?

[quote name='wtsutton']Wait...since I'm new to the whole train thing I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

Josh is saying...if somebody goes in and buys two games at 60 each...and then uses the 30 dollar coupon from Batman...the 50 dollars in coupons WILL still print?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Hmm, I like this $110 deal thing. I kind of wish I held off on Arkham City now so I could have just picked up Skyrim/Batman at one time and gotten the $50 instead of the $30+$15, assuming that's what Skyrim offers as well. Still, very cool deal, and I may end up still taking advantage of it if I get in the mood for CoD or UC3.

Thanks!

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Interesting. Now I need to reevaluate my purchase plan to determine whether I should do things differently than I was going to do.

Mwahahahahahahaha!

Long like the K!!!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
2. The coupon triggering or not triggering based on using coupons is not a lever that can be switched on and off. Any thoughts that this was intentional or part of a strategy doesn't make sense to me. I'm glad that IT has said that you can use them without lowering the threshold and that I was wrong about that.
[/QUOTE]

sorry for my previous comment. i was just disappointed because i thought the penny was gonna keep me from getting that $15 coupon. in no way was it an attack on you personally (or kmart in general, really). i guess i shouldve just kept my mouth shut until i knew the full details... $15 coupon for mw3 looks pretty damn good now that you mention the fact that NO ONE is really offering any deals on it besides lame dlc here and there...anyway, glad everything got cleared up. thanks for everything.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I feel terribly dumb right now but I've read Josh's post several times and due to me having a terrible day at the moment, I cannot wrap my head around what he is saying.
So what got confirmed, that you can use any coupons so long as the trigger of $110 was hit with gaming software, so the total can be lower than $110? Or was it the questions about using a coupon on a points card or something with the deal and that it's possible but the $110 has to be maintained?

Sorry, but I'm having a rough day.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that you need to do is hit $110+ before tax and coupons. If you used $100 worth of coupons, the $50 coupon would still print because the system looks at your subtotal before tax and coupons.

In other words, so long as your subtotal is $110, you will get your $50 coupon no matter what the final total reads.

Thanks you Josh for all the Kmart deals, and for revealing that Kmart's IT has said that the $15 and $35 coupons will print even if we use gaming coupons. If it weren't for all these great Kmart coupons, I'd be waiting until Black Friday and beyond to get most of these games. Most other retailers aren't offering anything beyond a $10 gift card or other such incentive. The Kmart coupon train is saving me over $20 a game for each new release that I want.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Does anyone know if the normal price of shadows of the damned is now $40 at kmart? I can check when I stop by there next week but was curious. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes it is

[quote name='Ardrid']The only thing that you need to do is hit $110+ before tax and coupons. If you used $100 worth of coupons, the $50 coupon would still print because the system looks at your subtotal before tax and coupons.

In other words, so long as your subtotal is $110, you will get your $50 coupon no matter what the final total reads.[/QUOTE]
I guess that's what I gathered from reading a bit more, but thanks. Been a rough day and can't really focus but now all I'm thinking about is how much I can't wait until two weeks from now.

I suppose I'll chime in too Josh. You've had me as a customer ever since FF13 and Bad Company 2 time-frame. I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent on games since I started shopping there. You've been doing a great job of getting my money and I have appreciated every deal you've thrown to us.
I'm out of a job in a bit more than two months, so I'll have to set some priorities, but I'm going to keep shopping at Kmart after I get out.

[quote name='GPrime101']Josh, don't worry about the negative feedback on this deal. It appears to be the case the there is a very vocal minority that are unhappy with this brilliant offer for some reason. I loved the Easter deal and bought games then, and I'm going to buy games now (MGS HD Collection, Lego Potter and something else).

I've worked in retail before and there are those out there that have seen an offer before and always want something better the next time around. And they will always be vocal about it, where as the rest of us will quietly say thank you by buying games from K-Mart.

You're doing amazing work that the more level-headed CAGs recognize and appreciate, so don't let the vocal few get you down. Like Chris said, try not to take it personal, though I understand completely how on a forum like this you're Josh, not just K-mart's rep.

You're doing great, I really appreciate all the hard work you put in for us, and I will continue to shop at K-Mart simply because of what you do. So really... THANK YOU![/QUOTE]

well half of it was because someone was just trolling and has since been banned (for the 3+ time).

I can easily get $110 worth of stuff. + $50. This is gonna be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back