KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, for what it's worth I really appreciate all the deals you do and I find it pretty crappy that people are as quick to piss and moan if a deal isn't exactly what they want. People on the Internet tend to have a mighty sense of entitlement, and that sucks.

I have bought all my fall releases from you two years running now, and know you would never be deceptive or manipulative in your offerings. Even if the deal isn't the best for me, I know that you are going to offer the absolute best value you can to as many people as possible. To be honest, Skyrim was on my wait list if it was on the Train, but the rejiggered deal has me on board to buy it with another friend. And I guess that's the goal right? :)

Please know there are some of us who really appreciate what you're doing and know you (and SHC) don't owe us a damn thing. That's why I appreciate what you're doIng so much.

[quote name='starshipvelcro']You do realize that skyrim date is set specifically for 11-11-11 for a reason right? There's no way Kmart can do anything about that.[/QUOTE]
I realize that, yes. I'm personally not at all worried about it as I know my store will have it out day one. What it means overall though is that Kmart has to get this shit out on the shelves within those 2 days (Fri and Sat) to allow people to get in on the 40/110 deal. Kmart as a whole isnt exactly known for their timeliness when it comes to that and so I imagine people not getting it and then bitching at Josh about it.

Josh, I for one think you do a great service for the CAG community. Most of your deals beat other retailers. You take care of things when they go wrong. I don't see other retailers that take such a active roll in CAG and for that alone you have my gratitude.

Probably a stupid question, but do MSP cards count towards the "buy $110 get $50" deal? If so, I may go buckwild on points, gotta stock up for the holidays ^_^

[quote name='Gabrius']Probably a stupid question, but do MSP cards count towards the "buy $110 get $50" deal? If so, I may go buckwild on points, gotta stock up for the holidays ^_^[/QUOTE]

Software only is my understanding.

[quote name='Gabrius']Probably a stupid question, but do MSP cards count towards the "buy $110 get $50" deal? If so, I may go buckwild on points, gotta stock up for the holidays ^_^[/QUOTE]

No, software only

glad I asked.... but that still equates to basically a BOGO (almost, more if you buy sale priced items) - I'm there.

-I can always use the coupons on MSP, woot ^_^

quick question about the 40/110 deal, if I pick up MW3 on Nov. 8 will I get the $15 coupon for spending over $40 as well as the regular $20 coupon for buying the game

Does anyone know if k-mart has house of the dead overkill for the ps3? I have a coupon that expires soon and want to use it on that.

[quote name='Murderstorm']Does anyone know if k-mart has house of the dead overkill for the ps3? I have a coupon that expires soon and want to use it on that.[/QUOTE]

the game shows up on their website so I'm guessing yes but you may want to call your local Kmart to see if they have it in stock

[quote name='LazyTriangle']quick question about the 40/110 deal, if I pick up MW3 on Nov. 8 will I get the $15 coupon for spending over $40 as well as the regular $20 coupon for buying the game[/QUOTE]
No, 40/110 is the deal. If you buy MW3 by itself you'll get a $15 coupon for spending over $40.

Uc3 + mw3 - $45 in saved gamer coupons = $75

Wwe12 - $50 coupons = $10

Total $85 (before tax) on $180 worth of games.

Thank you Josh. =)

[quote name='ShockandAww']No, 40/110 is the deal. If you buy MW3 by itself you'll get a $15 coupon for spending over $40.[/QUOTE]

ah I see now I really don't know that to do... if I use the Uncharted 3 $20 coupon on MW3 thus bring it down to $39.99 I won't receive the $15 coupon. How I wish Kmart carried Skyrim on PC then I would get it along with MW3 for $120 total which would get me a cool $50 coupon

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']New Price Drops:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8879942&postcount=6[/QUOTE]Sweet. The only thing that interests me is Endless Ocean: Blue World (going for around $20 used on Amazon), but I can see there being a lot of stuff people want (of particular note is Metro 2033 for $14.99--Amazon refuses to go below $30).

In other news, Kmartgamer confirmed a couple of things on FB that I feel I should share with everyone else:

1) While Super Mario 3D Land releases on 11/13, the start of the week for the "Buy select games, get $XX off" deal, it will not be part of the deal but rather have its own deal. I'll repeat that: Super Mario 3D Land will have its own deal and not be part of the "Buy select games, get $XX off" deal.

2) LoZ: Skyward Sword (which releases 11/20) is still confirmed to have a deal, so you could use one of the coupons from the $110/$50 deal on it since it fits right into the redemption period.

I've got one heck of a plan all ready based on this info:

-Buy both U3 and Skyrim on either 11/11 or 11/12 and use my $30 Batman coupon to get both games for $90 (before tax) and the $50 in coupons ($15 and $35).

-Use the $35 coupon to get Super Mario 3D Land for $5 (before tax) and its coupon (I would guess $15).

-Use the remaining $15 coupon and the coupon from Super Mario 3D Land together to get Skyward Sword for $20-$25 (depending on SM3DL's coupon) and its coupon (I would guess $20).

-Continue my coupon train with Skyward Sword's coupon (probably with Mario Kart 7).

This works out amazingly for me since I can wait on the 11/15 releases--$115 for four new releases that would otherwise total $210. Bravo, Josh, you've done it again. :applause:

EDIT: [quote name='LazyTriangle']ah I see now I really don't know that to do... if I use the Uncharted 3 $20 coupon on MW3 thus bring it down to $39.99 I won't receive the $15 coupon. How I wish Kmart carried Skyrim on PC then I would get it along with MW3 for $120 total which would get me a cool $50 coupon[/QUOTE]Actually, Josh confirmed this morning that you'll still get the $15 coupon even if you use a coupon to bring the total down to below the $40 threshold, so you're good--it just matters what your subtotal is before tax and coupons.

[quote name='spree4567']No, software only[/QUOTE]

Now I don't feel so bad about PSN cards not being included.

Even though this $50/110 is a great deal to those who want both MW3 and skyrim, I think I'm going to have to pass. Skyrim is a game with huge time investment and I haven't even started New Vegas or Dark Souls yet. By the time I'm ready to play Skyrim the game will probably be either $19.99 or have an "ultimate edition" coming out!

Having also just got Battlefield 3 I won't have time for MW3 either, and if Activision is going to play hardball in regards to "pre-order bonuses" i think I'm just going to take a pass on their game entirely.

I mean seriously. Activision don't make enough money off this franchise as it is? So retailers can't even give $20 off at launch if they wanted to? Jesus. I guess it doesn't really matter, they can release a CD of bobby kotick fart sounds and label it call of duty: elite, the minions will still eat it up to the tune of 20 million units shipped.

[quote name='Vigilante']Sweet. The only thing that interests me is Endless Ocean: Blue World (going for around $20 used on Amazon), but I can see there being a lot of stuff people want (of particular note is Metro 2033 for $14.99--Amazon refuses to go below $30).

In other news, Kmartgamer confirmed a couple of things on FB that I feel I should share with everyone else:

1) While Super Mario 3D Land releases on 11/13, the start of the week for the "Buy select games, get $XX off" deal, it will not be part of the deal but rather have its own deal. I'll repeat that: Super Mario 3D Land will have its own deal and not be part of the "Buy select games, get $XX off" deal.

2) LoZ: Skyward Sword (which releases 11/20) is still confirmed to have a deal, so you could use one of the coupons from the $110/$50 deal on it since it fits right into the redemption period.

I've got one heck of a plan all ready based on this info:

-Buy both U3 and Skyrim on either 11/11 or 11/12 and use my $30 Batman coupon to get both games for $90 (before tax) and the $50 in coupons ($15 and $35).

-Use the $35 coupon to get Super Mario 3D Land for $5 (before tax) and its coupon (I would guess $15).

-Use the remaining $15 coupon and the coupon from Super Mario 3D Land together to get Skyward Sword for $20-$25 (depending on SM3DL's coupon) and its coupon (I would guess $20).

-Continue my coupon train with Skyward Sword's coupon (probably with Mario Kart 7).

This works out amazingly for me since I can wait on the 11/15 releases--$115 for four new releases that would otherwise total $210. Bravo, Josh, you've done it again. :applause:

EDIT: Actually, Josh confirmed this morning that you'll still get the $15 coupon even if you use a coupon to bring the total down to below the $40 threshold, so you're good--it just matters what your subtotal is before tax and coupons.[/QUOTE]I actually found and got an Endless Ocean 2 Wii Speak bundle yesterday for $15 at Sears lol

also can't wait for Mario 3D Land!

[quote name='confoosious']I noticed Super Mario Galaxy 2 wasn't in there even though it's been reported at $19.99.[/QUOTE]

That was a pricing error, it has since been changed back (or will be active back at 49.99 on Sunday).

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']That was a pricing error, it has since been changed back (or will be active back at 49.99 on Sunday).[/QUOTE]

So you're telling me to go get it today.

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']Did Kmart get the ICO/Shadow collection in stores?[/QUOTE]

In quite small quantities (at least in my area) but yes.

[quote name='kratier']why would you not have PC edition of bf3? sigh..... what a disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry, would have loved to carry it but we sell about 1 PC version for every 100 of PS3 & 360 we sell.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The coupons will still print. The redeeming of a gaming coupon does not reduce the gaming total that the coupons print trigger against.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Kind of hard that after all this time some of the responses being posted about the MW3 deal are as negative as they are. Like always, I have no problems with criticizing a deal or anything like that but the attacks on the deal seem to indicate nothing short of me trying to exploit people which could not be farther from the truth.
[/QUOTE]

Great news from 1st quote above. Re: quote #2, I think most of us (myself incl.) realize the MAP regulations and we're cool with you. I think most criticisms (the polite ones) were frustrated by the the "$-threshold-after coupons" miscommunication. I was just hopeful about it being not the case (apparently it's not the case:)).

[Ike Turner voice] "Please Josh, baby. Please forgive us CAGs. We were acting like the A in CAG! Take us back, baby"

Re: the 'must be above $x after coupon' miscomm.

I actually thought of a workaround overnight. I was going to do the Dr. Pepper thing to get a $10 coupon allowing me to still abide by my 'never pay retail on video games' credo, but still be above $40 after coupon. Guess I don't have to do that anymore;)....Actually I probably will cuz now I worked myself into a craving for DrP and chips, LOL.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No, unfortunately we will not(be doing midnight release for BF3). Doing some for MW3 that is supposed to be a test to more in the future.[/QUOTE]

Any update whether this will include some non-24h stores yet?

Yay awesome news on the coupons not dipping below thresholds, was planning on picking up 2 copies of MW2 one for a coworker, one for myself, so using U3 20 coupon to get em for 100, i'm paying 50, coworker paying 50, plus I get 50 in coupons to use on Saints Row 3, holy sweet mother of god

[quote name='DaBoltz']Re: the 'must be above $x after coupon' miscomm.

I actually thought of a workaround overnight. I was going to do the Dr. Pepper thing to get a $10 coupon allowing me to still abide by my 'never pay retail on video games' credo, but still be above $40 after coupon. Guess I don't have to do that anymore;)....Actually I probably will cuz now I worked myself into a craving for DrP and chips, LOL.[/QUOTE]

It's not Dr. Pepper unless they changed the promotion. It's crappy Mountain Dew.

[quote name='DaBoltz']Re: the 'must be above $x after coupon' miscomm.

I actually thought of a workaround overnight. I was going to do the Dr. Pepper thing to get a $10 coupon allowing me to still abide by my 'never pay retail on video games' credo, but still be above $40 after coupon. Guess I don't have to do that anymore;)....Actually I probably will cuz now I worked myself into a craving for DrP and chips, LOL.[/QUOTE]

May want to change that craving to Mt. Dew before going LOL

[quote name='Huggybear1688']May want to change that craving to Mt. Dew before going LOL[/QUOTE]

Doh! :lol: Maybe more chips and a little mt. dew, LOL

Is Kmart carrying the MGS Collection?

Is that Sly Collection for $13 on clearance? If so cool.

Anyway, I dont know what the hell Im going to do still. Here's the plan though:
I already have UC3 and Skyrim on preorder at GS and paid off. I may return them depending on the math.

1. Go to Kmart on the 1st and get War In The North for $50 + get $20 coupon (if it doesnt suck).

2. I had no plans to get MW3 + points card but now I'm going to do that for sure on the 8th, so that's $89.98 + tax with $59.99 of it counting towards the $110 (assuming I cant find the Hardened Edition). So then I'll have to spend another $50.01 to make the $110. If Kmart is carrying MGS Collection then I'm just about set and will find some filler to get over the threshold. If not I'm still lost but will find something to hit $110

3. Use $30 Batman coupon + $50 in other coupons on Saints Row/AC:R/Rayman/anything else I still want.

4. Get Skyward Sword on the 20th

Two questions:

1. Could I get both 12-month Gold for $40 and 4000 MS point card for $30 with only one copy of MW3? Or do I have to choose one or the other?

2. Are there any video game sales in next week's ad? The blog post mentioned nothing about ad sales for next week.

[quote name='Ardrid']The only thing that you need to do is hit $110+ before tax and coupons. If you used $100 worth of coupons, the $50 coupon would still print because the system looks at your subtotal before tax and coupons.

In other words, so long as your subtotal is $110, you will get your $50 coupon no matter what the final total reads.[/QUOTE]
Doubt the system will look at the subtotal since the coupons come off before the subtotal (buying a $59.99 game with $30 Batman gaming coupon would show the subtotal as $29.99)

Either way this just turned out to be an amazing deal -- I'll probably grab 2 MW3's + 4000 pts and use a $20 coupon, will use the $50 coupons on AC Rev

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The coupons will still print. The redeeming of a gaming coupon does not reduce the gaming total that the coupons print trigger against.

For some reason I don't remember this being the case but hey, these are the experts.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'm pumped to still be on the train then; as for the criticism from everyone about the deal, I think the main issue was the coupons taking the threshold spent down, since a lot of members have a $30 coupon from Batman just aching to be spent on something (I know I have). Anyone complaining about not having a straight up coupon on MW3 has to do a little research.

Activision is too busy s***ing their own D*** to give consumers any kind of a deal. Since mainstream gamers are sheep (who mostly pay full retail price at GameStop or what have you), Activision knows for a fact that they can rake in the dough on this release, so offering any kind of deal to any retailer is stupid in their eyes. I'm not a COD fan, if you can't tell.

I do hate the fact that Skyrim was collateral damage in the proverbial COD hand grenade, but Bethesda selected this release date. I'm excited knowing that I can use my Batman coupon to get $30 off my most anticipated game of the year, and still get a $15 coup back! Would $20 have been nice? Hell yea! I'm a CAG, so I'd rather Josh give me a $100 coupon with my purchase. I'm a reasonable person, though, so anything is better than nothing. You want to complain? Go get it at Gamestop, pay MSRP and get nothing but a DLC code for some crappy horse armor, IF you preorder it!!

And that's my 2 cents, because in the end that is what the Internet is truly for; anonymous people bitching about the most ridiculous things you could ever hear. Thanks for having IT confirm that Josh, and I'll be happily forking over a coup and $30 to Kmart come 11-11-11 :D

[quote name='JaTaN']Doubt the system will look at the subtotal since the coupons come off before the subtotal (buying a $59.99 game with $30 Batman gaming coupon would show the subtotal as $29.99)
[/QUOTE]
I disagree. The subtotal is the coupon trigger. It worked last time that way, and Kmarts IT has said it will work the same way this time. Also it says on the coupons to scan them after hitting total. So they hit total (which is apparently actually just a subtotal) and that triggers the coupons. Then they scan any coupons you have, which reduces the total after the coupon is triggered. Then I guess tax is added after that? I dont know haha but it should all work in the customers favor, despite how evil and shady Josh clearly is.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Very nice.[/QUOTE]

I dont think the list is that great. Maybe FO3 GOTY PS3 for $15. Thats about it for clearance drops. The upcoming $50 coupon offer is awesome. Ignore the trolls that felt entitled to even more even though this coupon train has been running for a long time now.

[quote name='Donut2922']I dont think the list is that great. Maybe FO3 GOTY PS3 for $15. Thats about it for clearance drops. The upcoming $50 coupon offer is awesome. Ignore the trolls that felt entitled to even more even though this coupon train has been running for a long time now.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that was the clearance list? Don't clearance prices usually end in $x.x8 or some variation?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is Kmart carrying the MGS Collection?

Is that Sly Collection for $13 on clearance? If so cool.

Anyway, I dont know what the hell Im going to do still. Here's the plan though:
I already have UC3 and Skyrim on preorder at GS and paid off. I may return them depending on the math.

1. Go to Kmart on the 1st and get War In The North for $50 + get $20 coupon (if it doesnt suck).

2. I had no plans to get MW3 + points card but now I'm going to do that for sure on the 8th, so that's $89.98 + tax with $59.99 of it counting towards the $110 (assuming I cant find the Hardened Edition). So then I'll have to spend another $50.01 to make the $110. If Kmart is carrying MGS Collection then I'm just about set and will find some filler to get over the threshold. If not I'm still lost but will find something to hit $110

3. Use $30 Batman coupon + $50 in other coupons on Saints Row/AC:R/Rayman/anything else I still want.

4. Get Skyward Sword on the 20th
[/QUOTE]

There have yet to be any confirms but one CAG said GS has tightened down on preorder returns since codes could be used and returned subsequently after. Supposedly they will no longer accept a return jf you have a code on your receipt so you may be better off cancelling the preorder outright.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yeah, sorry, would have loved to carry it but we sell about 1 PC version for every 100 of PS3 & 360 we sell.[/QUOTE]

so im guessing this means you wont have PC edition of skyrim either?

[quote name='RockoMan']Are you sure that was the clearance list? Don't clearance prices usually end in $x.x8 or some variation?[/QUOTE]

Not sure its a ” clearance” list so much as a price drops list.

[quote name='kratier']so im guessing this means you wont have PC edition of skyrim either?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

It has been confirmed many times that K-Mart will only carry exclusive PC titles from now on (i.e. Diablo III, SW:TOR, etc.). Supposedly though Diablo III is coming to consoles but if I'm not mistaken it will be a while after the PC version if it actually ever does see the light of day on the 360 and PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back