KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']New Price Drops:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8879942&postcount=6[/QUOTE]

Quick headsup. These are listed under DS titles. They should be under Xbox 360:
MIC NINJA BLADE XB365VA-00001 - $14.99
MIC NINJA BLADE XB365VA-00001 - $14.99
MIC VIVA PINATA 2 XBC3Q-00001 - $12.99

On news of coupons being good to use for the 40/110.
Good lord.
Kmart is just dead set to driving me to poverty this year aren't they? Shit.

Thanks for the confirmation Josh. I think I'll be spending more money at Kmart now. I was going to pass on the $40/110 deal, as I wasn't getting MW3 and was going to wait on Skyrim. Now I'll hold off on Uncharted next week and just buy that with Skyrim.

Question about the clearance list...

OBLIVION-GOTY PS3 12610 - $14.99

Is that the newest version that comes in the steel book?

Resident Evil gold is 20 in ps3, but not listed in 360, would 360 be 20 too if they have it?

Id really love to pick up Saboteur and Viva Pinata 2. But i have a feeling they wont even have those games in stock.

Are any of the clearance games behind glass? Usually the cheaper games are out in the open, but i never really look behind the glass section for cheap games.

11-15 Halo Anniversary No coupon offer by itself

Damn, I was hoping Halo would have a $10 off pre-order like Amazon. I've got $33 in game credit to spend at K-mart, so I'll probably apply that to Goldeneye.

I think it's funny that Kmart is selling games for 12-19.99 that Target clearanced for less than $10 over a year ago. The games at my store will continue to collect dust....

yeah i think ill no longer shop at kmart, i bought a game 60$ with anticipation of using the 20$ coupon on a pc edition purchase, but clearly they arent supporting PC releases.

[quote name='kratier']yeah i think ill no longer shop at kmart, i bought a game 60$ with anticipation of using the 20$ coupon on a pc edition purchase, but clearly they arent supporting PC releases.[/QUOTE]

If there was only some way you could have known beforehand about this issue...oh, wait.

[quote name='spedmunki']I think it's funny that Kmart is selling games for 12-19.99 that Target clearanced for less than $10 over a year ago. The games at my store will continue to collect dust....[/QUOTE]

Wow lucky you.

I never see good stuff for clearance at any NYC Target's because of the YMMV nature and/or hoarders, so sometimes I buy them at the big K.

[quote name='kratier']yeah i think ill no longer shop at kmart, i bought a game 60$ with anticipation of using the 20$ coupon on a pc edition purchase, but clearly they arent supporting PC releases.[/QUOTE]

While it sucks for you that they're not carrying them, I hope you realize that you're in the severe minority and that it's strictly a business decision on their end. The same row of PC games has remained untouched in the last 6+ months at my location and not even the most casual of PC gamer thinks of K-Mart as a destination.

You must have gotten your coupon from a console game purchase so hopefully you'll find something to use it on before it expires.

[quote name='spedmunki']I think it's funny that Kmart is selling games for 12-19.99 that Target clearanced for less than $10 over a year ago. The games at my store will continue to collect dust....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Wow lucky you.

I never see good stuff for clearance at any NYC Target's because of the YMMV nature and/or hoarders, so sometimes I buy them at the big K.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

To this day, I have never, ever found a single clearance game at my local Target that's been reported in that thread. Everything always rings MSRP. I think it's great that some people are able to take advantage of certain locations, but to assume that everyone is just choosing not to go get them at Target and that those games are just sitting on the shelf waiting to be bought for crazy prices has it all wrong.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Wow lucky you.

I never see good stuff for clearance at any NYC Target's because of the YMMV nature and/or hoarders, so sometimes I buy them at the big K.[/QUOTE]

You can get almost all these games on the list for the same price or lower at other retailers.

Im guessing you didn't do so well on tests for reading comprehension during your elementary school days

[quote name='spedmunki']You can get almost all these games on the list for the same price or lower at other retailers.[/QUOTE]

Examples are more impressive than blanket statements. Point me in the direction of Metro 2033 for < 14.99.

[quote name='Donut2922']There have yet to be any confirms but one CAG said GS has tightened down on preorder returns since codes could be used and returned subsequently after. Supposedly they will no longer accept a return jf you have a code on your receipt so you may be better off cancelling the preorder outright.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this report is an impossibility. The issue is that you did not pay for the DLC code. Thus, while it may have some value, you didn't pay for it.

Also, while the receipt says the codes are non-returnable, I do not believe that the receipt also states a return value (as other bundled item receipts at other retailers do - See TRU who has gotten better at preventing placeholders).

What I'm getting at is that they can have the employees say you can't return it, but the reality is they can't legally prevent you from returning it unless they revamp their receipts. Moreover, it is pretty clear that the DLC that is being referred to is DLC codes that you purchase from them such as a map pack.

[quote name='confoosious']well half of it was because someone was just trolling and has since been banned (for the 3+ time).

I can easily get $110 worth of stuff. + $50. This is gonna be great.[/QUOTE]

Really? I ended up skipping maybe like 25 pages of posts because I hadn't checked the thread in a while and didn't want to go through all the random posts, so I must have missed it... I'm okay with that.

And yeah, I'm really excited for this deal, especially knowing I'll be able to use previous coupons now too.

Josh, I have two questions regarding the Nov 6th deals. My apologies if these have already been asked. First one has to do with CoD MW3. Apparently, there's a bonus off 360 points cards, but what about us PS3 gamers? No deals on PSN cards or anything?

Second question. Can we use PSN cards to reach our $110 target like we were able to last time you did this deal? I planned on getting MW3 ($59.99) and MGS HD collection ($49.99) and that leaves me at $109.98 - two pennies short. :( if I can add a PSN card to it, I'll hit the target.

[quote name='Kain']Josh, I have two questions regarding the Nov 6th deals. My apologies if these have already been asked. First one has to do with CoD MW3. Apparently, there's a bonus off 360 points cards, but what about us PS3 gamers? No deals on PSN cards or anything?

Second question. Can we use PSN cards to reach our $110 target like we were able to last time you did this deal? I planned on getting MW3 ($59.99) and MGS HD collection ($49.99) and that leaves me at $109.98 - two pennies short. :( if I can add a PSN card to it, I'll hit the target.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, I think it's already been confirmed that points cards will not count towards the $40/$110 thresholds. :cry:

[quote name='Kain']Josh, I have two questions regarding the Nov 6th deals. My apologies if these have already been asked. First one has to do with CoD MW3. Apparently, there's a bonus off 360 points cards, but what about us PS3 gamers? No deals on PSN cards or anything?

Second question. Can we use PSN cards to reach our $110 target like we were able to last time you did this deal? I planned on getting MW3 ($59.99) and MGS HD collection ($49.99) and that leaves me at $109.98 - two pennies short. :( if I can add a PSN card to it, I'll hit the target.[/QUOTE]

It is stated in the OP that points cards don't count.

Second question. Can we use PSN cards to reach our $110 target like we were able to last time you did this deal? I planned on getting MW3 ($59.99) and MGS HD collection ($49.99) and that leaves me at $109.98 - two pennies short. :( if I can add a PSN card to it, I'll hit the target.[/QUOTE]

For your second question, it has been confirmed that it has to be GAMING SOFTWARE. No accessories, cards, etc.

As for the first question, I have to think that there isn't anything else for PS3 customers or it certainly would have been mentioned in the blog.

Hopefully Josh will correct me if I'm wrong but that's the assumption since we're told the blog is what to go by.

From what's been said, the MW3 deal is what's stated and PSN cards aren't and won't be involved.

And points cards will not count towards the $110 this time around as they are not "software". Bummer, I think, but the only reason they were included last time was to allow for a user to buy two games and get the extra $0.02 to get over the $120 threshold.

Yikes. I just realized I've played Call of Duty almost exclusively on the Xbox. I haven't replaced it since it broke down about a year ago. I'm not sure if should get it for the PS3 when it comes out, or wait to get it later when I replace my Xbox.

[quote name='wargod']Some serious flips to be had at K-mart and taking them to BB for 60% trade in credit.[/QUOTE]
Your Kmart will have to be mega on-the-ball with their clearance price updates for this to work, since the "50% bonus TIV for preordering select games" deal(s) for BB expire tomorrow. ;)

That was my main issue since in the past, points cards have always been considered software. After all, just look at your coupons. They can only be used on software -- points cards included. And since they were eligible last time, I don't see why that would have changed.

Well, this is kinda sucking. No special saving on either game for PS3 owners, the best I can get out of this is buying the two games seperately and getting two $15 coupons. Losing pretty much $20 simply because of two pennies.

[quote name='spedmunki']You can get almost all these games on the list for the same price or lower at other retailers.[/QUOTE]

Kmart clearance is more about dropping prices of titles to be at or lower than retail value. It serves them no good in a business sense to be selling off games for .97 like they were before. The list in large, with a lot of junk titles, but there are several games that have extremely good value compared to other retailers which don't even carry most of the games anymore.

[quote name='Kain']That was my main issue since in the past, points cards have always been considered software. After all, just look at your coupons. They can only be used on software -- points cards included. And since they were eligible last time, I don't see why that would have changed.

Well, this is kinda sucking. No special saving on either game for PS3 owners, the best I can get out of this is buying the two games seperately and getting two $15 coupons. Losing pretty much $20 simply because of two pennies.[/QUOTE]

They changed it because of people abusing the deal and buying ONLY point cards. More people were buying $120 worth of cards and then using the $40+ in coupons to get games for almost nothing. Kmart's gaming business is dependent on actual game sales so it makes complete sense to direct the deals for games specifically.

I mean how often do you see Amazon, Toysrus, or Gamestop include cards in B2G1 deals or any other promotion? Its of no benefit to the retailer at all.

Two $15 coupons is still better than anywhere else. No retailer has MW3 deals. Skyrim has worse deals elsewhere. You can always pick up another cheap game to make the hump, and get the extra $20s in coupons. If not, you still benefit more at Kmart than elsewhere.

Ok, for someone fairly new to the coupon train, starting with my UC3 coupon, what is the best way to go about getting MW3, MGS HD Collection, Skyrim, and Saints Row the Third? Thanks in advance.

So for someone looking to nabbing Uncharted 3, MGS HD Collection and Skyrim (and possibly Skyward Sword and/or AC: Revelations) all in one month, what would be my best option to save the most money if done through K-Mart?

Trying to figure the best combination using K-Mart's weekly promotions/coupons.

So in this:

Buy Modern Warfare 3, get these offers:
* Xbox Live Gold 12-month card for $39.99.
* Xbox Live 4000 Microsoft Point card for $29.99

Does that mean I buy the 4000 points card at the same time as MW3, and it will be discounted to $29.99, or is it a coupon I get that I then make a separate transaction for?

[quote name='HoldOn']Ok, for someone fairly new to the coupon train, starting with my UC3 coupon, what is the best way to go about getting MW3, MGS HD Collection, Skyrim, and Saints Row the Third? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SOLDIER']So for someone looking to nabbing Uncharted 3, MGS HD Collection and Skyrim (and possibly Skyward Sword and/or AC: Revelations) all in one month, what would be my best option to save the most money if done through K-Mart?

Trying to figure the best combination using K-Mart's weekly promotions/coupons.[/QUOTE]

The deal for the week after MW3 hasn't been revealed yet so nobody can really answer these questions, but I'll try with what we know so far.

At this point if you're interested in both MW3 and Skyrim, it certainly makes sense to buy those together on the same transaction the Friday Skyrim comes out so you can get a $50 coupon.

If you want Uncharted 3 and only one of either MW3 and Skyrim then it would pay to wait a week or so and buy Uncharted together with whichever one you want to get the $50 coupon.

Obviously if you want all three of those titles, start with Uncharted 3 to get the $20 coupon to apply to MW3 and Skyrim. You will then be able to use the $50 coupon towards whatever promotion will be going on the following week.

Hey, I'm new to the Kmart Gamer's thing. I purchased Arkham City and got my $30 off coupon and was wondering if I could use that coupon on their website for a preorder? Or is it an in store only coupon? If so can I preorder games at Kmart in store? The game I want has a preorder bonus and I'd hate to miss it just because I don't have the thing preordered.

[quote name='HoldOn']Ok, for someone fairly new to the coupon train, starting with my UC3 coupon, what is the best way to go about getting MW3, MGS HD Collection, Skyrim, and Saints Row the Third? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]One thing you could do is this:

You could get MW3 and MGS HD Collection the week they both release and get two $15 coupons if you purchase them separately (that's important, as you'd only get a single $15 coupon if you bought them together due to being $0.02 short of the $110 threshold); use the Uncharted 3 coupon on either one you choose. So you should spend about $89.98 before tax and get two $15 coupons.

This next part might not work since we don't yet know the details of the deal for the following week (11/13-11/19), so please keep that in mind:

There's supposed to be savings on select games that week (which I think includes Skyrim, but that hasn't been confirmed yet), particularly the new releases, so if you bought SR3 and Skyrim separately and used a $15 coupon on each, you'd net even more savings.

The potential issue(s) with this is that we don't know if you can save on buying a single game or if it'd be better to buy two games together (and, in your case, to use a single $15 coupon on that purchase and save the other for something else), so time will tell if the above would work for you.

Hope this helps at least a little. :D

[quote name='SOLDIER']So for someone looking to nabbing Uncharted 3, MGS HD Collection and Skyrim (and possibly Skyward Sword and/or AC: Revelations) all in one month, what would be my best option to save the most money if done through K-Mart?

Trying to figure the best combination using K-Mart's weekly promotions/coupons.[/QUOTE]
We dont really know yet because the deal for Nov 13th-19th hasnt been announced. We just know that it'll be buy one game get x amount off another game. We know Skyrim and AC:R are included in that deal but we dont know exactly what the deal is. Josh said it'd be revealed before MW3 releases.

As of now you'd buy Uncharted 3 on release (get $20 coupon) then on Nov 11th/12th go buy MGS HD + Skyrim + A filler item to get a $50 coupon. Then use the $50 coupon on AC:R.

I was on the fence about saints row the third but after watching the whored mode video of beating up prostitutes with giant dildos while dressed as genki, I cant not play this game for how ridiculous and over the top it is.

[quote name='HoldOn']Ok, for someone fairly new to the coupon train, starting with my UC3 coupon, what is the best way to go about getting MW3, MGS HD Collection, Skyrim, and Saints Row the Third? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Well if you don't mind your train getting derailed right away your best option is:

On the 11th buy MW3 + Skyrim with your UC3 coupon for $90.98 pretax and get $50 in coupons. Then use the $50 in coupons to get MGS and Saints 3. The coupons cover almost all of S3, and your MGS purchase will have a soon determined % off for that week but in all likelihood you'll be getting 2 games for the price of 1.

Do you buy MW3 and 4000 points card at the same time to get the latter for $29.99, or do you buy MW3 first, then get a coupon that gets you 4000 points for $29.99? Me confused. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']Do you buy MW3 and 4000 points card at the same time to get the latter for $29.99, or do you buy MW3 first, then get a coupon that gets you 4000 points for $29.99? Me confused. :)[/QUOTE]

You buy MW3 and the points card together to get the discount.

[quote name='crunchewy']Do you buy MW3 and 4000 points card at the same time to get the latter for $29.99, or do you buy MW3 first, then get a coupon that gets you 4000 points for $29.99? Me confused. :)[/QUOTE]

Purchase in same transaction for the deal

Kinect sports + Kinects sports 2 for $75 + $15 coupon. Are they bundled together?

Would it work to get Dance Central + Kinect sports 2 for $75 + $15 coupon? Thanks

Ok, thanks folks. I'll be at Kmart on MW3 release day, it seems. Hopefully they won't sell out! I'm a tad worried they will since they are the only ones with any kind of real deal on MW3 as far as I can tell! $15 coupon and 4000 points for $30. Win.

[quote name='ml_paladin888']does anyone know if any kmart branches will be opening up at midnight for Uncharted3?[/QUOTE]

They will not.

Supposedly they are going to test some midnight launches at some non-24 hour locations for MW3, but that will be the first time they try it to my knowledge.

[quote name='ml_paladin888']does anyone know if any kmart branches will be opening up at midnight for Uncharted3?[/QUOTE]

If ur Kmart is 24 hours then yes

Ahhhhh....feels great to be back! First off, I'm going to try and tone down my troll swagger...I know a lot of you are easily offended on here. Second off, I am glad to hear that using coupons won't mess with the threshold. Thirdly, I just wanted to give my .02 on these awesome deals cumming up. I feel these monster deals coming up were made just right for hardcore gamers like me! I loved the deal back in Easter where it was Mortal/Portal + $60 coupons and I am loving this MW3/Skyrim deal + $50 coupons. Also loved the fact that I got LA Noire completely free with my $60 in coupons.

Here is my plan of attack for the November blockbusters: I am interested in MW3, Skyrim, ACR, and SR3. I have a $20 coupon from BF3 so I will be using that towards MW3/Skyrim and getting back $50 in coupons. Use that $50 in coupons to get ACR + SR3.

Now, this deal could get a lot juicier once we know what's going down the week of 11/13. I am expecting K-Mart to be fire with those deals. Something like the realm of buy ACR, get $20-40 off SR3...something of that nature. Obviously, $20 off would be pretty weak, but $40 would be absolutely fire and would make sense in a way....that would basically be an instant $20 coupon for each game that could be used immediately...makes sense since most major releases have been getting $20 coupons anyways. This would also help a lot of CAG'ers hop off the train after getting the most value from their coupons.

So if the math is correct and my ideal scenario plays out like I hope it will, I would be getting MW3 + Skyrim for $99.98 + Tax and ACR/SR3 for hopefully 29.98 + tax....that's four AAA titles I could potentially be getting on release day for a total of $129.96 + tax. That is fire right there.

Since these gaming coupons came out, I have been shopping exclusively at K-Mart. No other retailer comes close when it comes to launch day deals. I have bought pretty much every major Fall release this year going back to ICO/SOTC collection....and ending at SR3. With all these savings and gaming coupons, I pretty much got at least 3-4 of those games completely free with gaming coupons/savings. GOD I LOVE K-MART!!

[quote name='rawrker']Kmart clearance is more about dropping prices of titles to be at or lower than retail value. It serves them no good in a business sense to be selling off games for .97 like they were before. The list in large, with a lot of junk titles, but there are several games that have extremely good value compared to other retailers which don't even carry most of the games anymore.[/QUOTE]
The whole purpose of clearance is to clear out old stuff that's been sitting there forever. If it means dropping it below the price the store paid initially for those copies, then that's what they HAVE to do to clear space on their shelves.

Up until about 3-6 months ago, the one Kmart here had 3-4 rows of games in the PS3/360/Wii sections all with spines facing out. Three to four ROWS of them is a LOT of games in the average game case at Kmart.

Aside from fellow local CAG's and the few soccer moms n their lil kids that still go to Kmart to shop, the Kmarts here are a wasteland of largely empty stores during the average week, so the only folks really shopping them are folks like me who are looking for real deals. Ten bucks is a good deal on some games, but if it's something that's 5-6 years old my max price on it is $5 or under.;)

EDIT: Thanks for finally dropping the games, Josh. Good attempt but definitely nothing within my usual tolerable price range. Now if ya dropped em to Sears-esque pricing I might bite on some of those PS3 titles. But $15 for older titles isn't cheap enough for my cheap ass......YET.:razz: I wish that 'clearance' list from the Bronx(NY) Kmart was the one we were getting chainwide. Now THAT would be a good/great list.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back