KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supreme0ne']it wouldnt surprise me if kmart doesnt allow coupons to be used during black friday[/QUOTE]

I don't see why they wouldn't. They allowed coupon use last year during Black Friday. If I remember correctly there was also a coupon related deal in itself for those two days (you get a coupon on black friday purchase that can be used during the deals held the following day).

Just caught this on a Kmart commerical on WWE RAW:

Buy $30 of WWE merchandise, get $10 off the game WWE 12.
Fine print was too fuzzy to read.

[quote name='dennisb407']lol Key West, cant wait to take that 5hr drive lol[/QUOTE]

Drive on down, I'll bring fresca for the event. I was suprised when stockboy told me it was happening here... but when all you got is KMart its a cool deal for someone besides FYE to do a midnight release

[quote name='LouieT']Just caught this on a Kmart commerical on WWE RAW:

Buy $30 of WWE merchandise, get $10 off the game WWE 12.
Fine print was too fuzzy to read.[/QUOTE]
Hope there's another offer in addition to that.

[quote name='harish7447']I still don't get it entirely:

***Promo note 2: You can use previous gaming coupons on this offer, your gaming software total has to be $40.00/$110.00 before tax/coupons (Gaming hardware/live/point cards do NOT count towards the $40/$110 total)

If I buy

2 copies of MW3 (2 Ps3) = $119.98
+
2 MS 4000 points = $59.98
- (use 2 coupons)
Use Batman coupon = -$30 + another -$20q
= Total $129.xx.

Will I get the $50 in coupons and will both points card ring up $29.99.

Thanks so much

[/QUOTE]

You'll definitely get the $50 coupon, but I really don't think you'll get the two cards discounted. In theory it should since you're entitled to one points card discount per copy of MW3, but I have a gut feeling that the system will just see one copy as the trigger and not discount the other if everything is done together.

You can always have them ring everything up and total it out before giving them any coupons since all discounts will come off prior to them taking your coupons. If it doesn't discount both then just have them take one of the cards off if you're still willing to get the deal.

EDIT: If you read through the responses on the blog post, the first post from 10/27 specifically asks this and the response was that the register will only discount one card per transaction and there's nothing they can do about it. But then later this came up, so who knows...

Justin said
Also, I forgot to ask, can I buy MW3 and then buy BOTH a XBL 12 month card and a points card and get $20 off each? Or can I buy 2 MW3′s in one transaction and then get 1 of each type XBL/Points card at $20 off? I understand I can’t get 2 XBL or 2 points cards, but how about 1 of each? Just trying to milk this deal as its AWESOME!

League of One said
You can get $20 off XBLA points and Live once per transaction. Thanks!

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']Drive on down, I'll bring fresca for the event. I was suprised when stockboy told me it was happening here... but when all you got is KMart its a cool deal for someone besides FYE to do a midnight release[/QUOTE]

lol

Only 1 Kmart down there? We recently loss one here in Orlando, down to 5

[quote name='dennisb407']lol

Only 1 Kmart down there? We recently loss one here in Orlando, down to 5[/QUOTE]

There is 1 in Marathon as well, but its the size of a dollar store and filled full of fishing gear. This will be the first midnight release I have been to since Burning Crusade came out for WoW...

[quote name='bang4dabuc']Does anyone happen to have the Shop Your Way Rewards email for the week of 8/14 thru 8/20? There was a promotion for a bonus 10000 points with the purchase of $100 or more. I spent $110 (before tax, no coupons) on 8/16 in a single transaction and never got my bonus points.

When I emailed SYWR customer service, but they claim my store was not participating in that promotion. I don't have the email anymore for that particular promo, but I've read through the fine print of the recent ones and there's no indication that some stores do not participate in the bonus point events.

Kinda pissed cuz I added about $20 of stuff to pass the $100 mark just to meet the bonus cutoff.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

This EXACT same thing happened to me.

Email 1: oh, you're right... it just takes longer
Email 2: your store didn't run the promotion (it did)
Email 3: here's your $10.

Email 1 and 2 to them were very polite. My Email 3 was polite, but very serious in tone. I was not happy. We spent $100 just to get that promotion, not because we were going to.

Pickibg up Uncharted 3 tomorrow but was thinking about the headset. Mainly I would use it for the 7.1 surround sound. Anyone have any opinions on the headset, in way of surround sound? Is it worth it?

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Pickibg up Uncharted 3 tomorrow but was thinking about the headset. Mainly I would use it for the 7.1 surround sound. Anyone have any opinions on the headset, in way of surround sound? Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's a really good purchase for $60 for sure....but for the retail price of $100 not so much. The sound quality is good, the surround sound is decent. However, when you go into 7.1 surround sound mode, you sacrifice some bass. So if that's OK with you then it won't be much of a problem. Also, the mic extension feels a little loose and cheap. So for $60, it's not a bad purchase at all.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Pickibg up Uncharted 3 tomorrow but was thinking about the headset. Mainly I would use it for the 7.1 surround sound. Anyone have any opinions on the headset, in way of surround sound? Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

from what i have read its a solid deal at 99.99, at 60 bucks its a steal. i mean even if you don't like it, you at the least will get all your money back selling it on craigslist or something. im getting it because i don't have a surround sound system, and frequently play at night in a house with 5 other people. look at some amazon reviews and youtube reviews for more in depth thoughts from audio nerds.

I only read the op and haven't been following the thread or the posts from Josh but for 11-13/11-19: "Buy X get X off select games", is it safe to assume the 'select games' will be older titles and not the newly release titles that week?

If it's something like buy saints row 3, get $ off rayman:eek:rigins; I will have to change my purchasing plans and buy those games from kmart.

[quote name='unknownthreat']I only read the op and haven't been following the thread or the posts from Josh but for 11-13/11-19: "Buy X get X off select games", is it safe to assume the 'select games' will be older titles and not the newly release titles that week?

If it's something like buy saints row 3, get $ off rayman:eek:rigins; I will have to change my purchasing plans and buy those games from kmart.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite and that it's purpose will be to focus on the new releases. I don't doubt that the details will be released by the end of the week so everyone can plan accordingly before the other deal kicks in.

[quote name='newtype06']Does anyone here know which KMart in Chicago/IL is open for 24 hours?

Also, Uncharted 3 will be available, later, at those 24 hour stores right?[/QUOTE]
Chicago-Addison & Kimball one is open 24 hrs if you want to buy it tonight or later in the day (the other Kmarts open at 8am)

hmm. i have ear force px21s... considering selling them to finance the sony wireless headphones. decisions...
anyone able to compare quality between them?

[quote name='JaTaN']Chicago-Addison & Kimball one is open 24 hrs if you want to buy it tonight or later in the day (the other Kmarts open at 8am)[/QUOTE]

They're not 24hrs. That kmart is not even on the list where they have the midnight release for uncharted. I just checked on the site.

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Sorry if this has been answered, but is K-Mart moving away from coupons? Wondering if they'll be any deal for Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

No, they are not.

[quote name='shiro13']They're not 24hrs. That kmart is not even on the list where they have the midnight release for uncharted. I just checked on the site.[/QUOTE]
Chicago Addison Ave is definitely 24 hrs but for some reason the hours on Kmart's website havent been updated

I started my coupon train with Batman AC and went to that Kmart at 8am when it came out, but I was surprised to see 24 hrs written on the front door. When I was paying for the game I asked the clerk if I could come after midnight from now on to buy my games and he said it shouldnt be a problem. For BF3 I went after midnight but the night manager wasnt able to find the BF3 LE versions, only had the regular BF3 (went back at 7am and the regular electronics person was able to find the LE's for me)

I would've gone at midnight for UC3 but still havent decided if I should buy it now or wait since I wont have much time to play the game anyways

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Sorry if this has been answered, but is K-Mart moving away from coupons? Wondering if they'll be any deal for Skyrim.[/QUOTE]
Skyrim releases same week as MW3 and the spend $40/$110 promo applies to buying any game that week so Skyrim is included in there

For MW3 retailers werent allowed to directly give coupons/gift cards for buying the game so Kmart decided to do a general gaming promo for that week (spend $40/$110 on games and get $15/$50 in gaming coupons) and since Skyrim is being released the same week it wont have a separate promo

Josh any other deals on the 3DS coming up beside the $25 coupon? Sorry to anyone that already read that I know it's annoying ;)

Looks like War In The North isn't really worth getting for myself. Too many other better games out. Guess I'll use my Batman coupon next week and save some money this week.

[quote name='JaTaN']Chicago Addison Ave is definitely 24 hrs but for some reason the hours on Kmart's website havent been updated [/QUOTE]

My mistake. It just weird how they're 24 hrs but when I checked on the list which kmart will have U3 in midnight, Addison kmart is not on the list. Either way, I'll be picking it up earlier this morning.

Quick question, I got the $30 coupon from Batman, but now I can't seem to find it for UC3! Am I fucked? Or is the coupon on my rewards membership?

[quote name='gdt5016']Quick question, I got the $30 coupon from Batman, but now I can't seem to find it for UC3! Am I fucked? Or is the coupon on my rewards membership?[/QUOTE]

If you had your account set up with the digital receipts, there should be a copy emailed to you along with a copy of the coupon. print it out and you should be all good.

[quote name='gdt5016']Quick question, I got the $30 coupon from Batman, but now I can't seem to find it for UC3! Am I fucked? Or is the coupon on my rewards membership?[/QUOTE]

Check your email? I usually get a copy of my receipt sent to mine just in case of incidents like that.

EDIT: Another smooth transaction. U3 + $20 coupon for $35! Looks like I'm locked into the coupon train for another 2-3 weeks!

Really loving my Kmart. Got to the store about 15 minutes after open just in case there was limited stock. Imagine my surprise when I saw the employee at the electronics section already pairing together copies of Uncharted 3 and the Wireless Stereo Headset, fully anticipating that SYWR members might be purchasing the items in tandem.

Walked over and asked for my set; both items rang up at the correct price of $119.98; Batman $30 coupon came off with no problem; and within 5 minutes I walked out with Uncharted 3, Wireless Stereo Headset, and a $20 coupon for $89.98 + tax. Sweet indeed.

[quote name='confoosious']wow. I thought Keen put it so succinctly that you wouldn't even bother to respond. But, of course, you're still going on with your stupid little argument which makes no sense.

If you think THE PREORDER is the relevant part of the transaction that completes your "end of the bargain," then by that logic, you can go preorder SR3, then walk into GS when it releases and say "I don't want to buy the game, just give me the DLC cause I preordered it from you, therefor fullfilling my part of the bargain."

Or (now that you've conveniently changed your process to "preorder and puchase") say to the clerk, "I'm going to buy this and immediately return the game but keep the DLC because the DLC is mine per the preorder bonus terms."

After all, if you fulfill the terms, there's no need to hide anything from the clerk right? You can do everything up front and tell him exactly what you're going to do. If you're in the right, you can do it out in the open without any hint of subterfuge.

Unless you can do that (and you know you can't do it), you are dead wrong, so please be quiet already. You can have the last word if you like because this is such a dumb argument. Everyone is laughing at you.[/QUOTE]

The purchase ensures the preorder is complete. You're not entitled to a bonus if you cancel the preorder prior to receipt of said bonus. All I have to say is the proof is in the pudding. Its been done in the past and it can be done now. It's not difficult, it's not immoral, it's not illegal, and it's common sense for anyone who understands legal and contractual concepts and obligations.

That said, nice try with the ad hominem attacks, though. Word of advice for the future: they only serve to weaken your argument; not strengthen it. They also serve to prove that you don't actually have much of an argument and therefore need resort to passive aggressive tactics as a means of distraction/deflection. Again, nice try.

Edit: Point proven. Just received a bonus code for preordering Uncharted 3 at Amazon. I canceled my preorder without consequence and received exactly what was bargained for.

[quote name='Ardrid']The purchase ensures the preorder is complete. You're not entitled to a bonus if you cancel the preorder prior to receipt of said bonus. All I have to say is the proof is in the pudding. Its been done in the past and it can be done now. It's not difficult, it's not immoral, it's not illegal, and it's common sense for anyone who understands legal and contractual concepts and obligations.

That said, nice try with the ad hominem attacks, though. Word of advice for the future: they only serve to weaken your argument; not strengthen it. They also serve to prove that you don't actually have much of an argument and therefore need resort to passive aggressive tactics as a means of distraction/deflection. Again, nice try.[/QUOTE]

Your argument is very well written. Now be quiet, douche.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh any other deals on the 3DS coming up beside the $25 coupon? Sorry to anyone that already read that I know it's annoying ;)

Looks like War In The North isn't really worth getting for myself. Too many other better games out. Guess I'll use my Batman coupon next week and save some money this week.[/QUOTE]
11/13, $35 gaming coupon with 3DS.

[quote name='unknownthreat']I only read the op and haven't been following the thread or the posts from Josh but for 11-13/11-19: "Buy X get X off select games", is it safe to assume the 'select games' will be older titles and not the newly release titles that week?

If it's something like buy saints row 3, get $ off rayman:eek:rigins; I will have to change my purchasing plans and buy those games from kmart.[/QUOTE]
The offer centers around the new releases.

[quote name='Ardrid']The purchase ensures the preorder is complete. You're not entitled to a bonus if you cancel the preorder prior to receipt of said bonus. All I have to say is the proof is in the pudding. Its been done in the past and it can be done now. It's not difficult, it's not immoral, it's not illegal, and it's common sense for anyone who understands legal and contractual concepts and obligations.

That said, nice try with the ad hominem attacks, though. Word of advice for the future: they only serve to weaken your argument; not strengthen it. They also serve to prove that you don't actually have much of an argument and therefore need resort to passive aggressive tactics as a means of distraction/deflection. Again, nice try.[/QUOTE]
Stop Trolling!! Please!

Is this the time when I would use the "report a post" button for this nonsense?

Or would that be taking it too far?

Looking forward to U3 today, thanks for the deals, josh! I have a shopping list for the $110/$50 coupon deal. I went to target considering their B2G1 but the $110 deal is so much better, because you can mix prices and not get less of a discount. I could get Skyrim, Sonic Generations, and Layton and Still save $50.

Has it been posted what dates the two $50 coupon ($15/$35) are valid? Guess I'll search, but I'm not sure what terms to use, I haven't been keeping up with the thread as much as I used to.

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but did not see it in the OP. Can the $15 and $35 coupons from next week be used on the same transaction?

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused! Do you automatically get the $20 coupon (towards a future purchase) when you buy Uncharted 3 at K-Mart? I've signed up for the Shop Your Way Rewards program, but do I need some sort of card? They said they'll be sending me a card in 3-4 weeks, and I didn't know if that was necessarily to get the $20 coupon on checkout.

Sorry if this has been asked already.

So what your are saying is I can buy MW3 for $60 and get 4000 MS points for $30. Then buy COD Elite off the Marketplace for 4000 MS points and save $10 dollars over buying the hardened edition ($100) which include elite and extra stuff that I don't care about.

[quote name='vcheng2k5']I'm sorry, I'm a little confused! Do you automatically get the $20 coupon (towards a future purchase) when you buy Uncharted 3 at K-Mart? I've signed up for the Shop Your Way Rewards program, but do I need some sort of card? They said they'll be sending me a card in 3-4 weeks, and I didn't know if that was necessarily to get the $20 coupon on checkout.

Sorry if this has been asked already.[/QUOTE]

You can use the phone number you signed up with at the register, just like rewards accounts at TRU, BB, and wherever else. Just give them your phone number and the coupon should print out with your receipt.

[quote name='crunchewy']
I'd like to know the same thing. Can I use them both toward Skyward Sword?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are different coupons and can be combined.

[quote name='DomLando']Not sure if this has been answered yet, but did not see it in the OP. Can the $15 and $35 coupons from next week be used on the same transaction?[/QUOTE]
i was wondering the same thing - i would hope so

walked in to 34th st nyc kmart , no Sony headphones and NO UNCHARted 3??!
No Uncharted 3?
No Uncharted 3?
No Uncharted 3?
No Uncharted 3?
No Uncharted 3?

[quote name='thegoodshepherd']i was wondering the same thing - i would hope so[/QUOTE]

Yes. Multiple coupons with their own unique code can be used in a single transaction so long as there aren't any other exclusions (i.e. 1 coupon per transaction, coupon can only be used in a certain range of time, etc.)

[quote name='Ardrid']Yes. Multiple coupons with their own unique code can be used in a single transaction so long as there aren't any other exclusions (i.e. 1 coupon per transaction, coupon can only be used in a certain range of time, etc.)[/QUOTE]
thanks - i thought so.

i hope the deal on 11/13 - 11/19 is at least b1 get 1 half

At my Kmart, all the new releases were in the electronics section except U3, they had to grab it from the back. So just make sure it isn't sitting around in a box in the back. I snagged it with the $30 coupon from Batman, and it looks like I'll put this new coupon towards MW3 unless Amazon pulls out a last second crazy promotion.

Grabbed Sonic Generations and the coupon printed out no problem, but I have a concern.
I noticed this coupon no longer has the "THIS COUPON CAN BE COMBINED WITH OTHER GAMING COUPONS" text on it. Is there some kind of change going on or is this just a case of the fact that the text has been there long enough and it's not needed anymore?

Also, for next week, a matter that MUST be addressed...
What happens if our store does not have any 4000 MS Point cards in stock? I've mentioned a few times that my store hasn't had those in stock for a few MONTHS now and when I asked Gail in Berwick about it today, she said that they don't actually have the ability to re-order those cards, but she'd talk to her manager to see if they can get restocked on them. I mentioned it's a pretty big selling point of the sale and I'm sure a few people will be there looking for cards.
What do we do if our store doesn't have it in stock? Is there a way to make sure all stores have these cards in stock? At the very least, can SOMEBODY ship some frickin 4000 MS Point cards to the Berwick PA store??

[quote name='Stimes']Thinking about getting the new LOTR game using my coupons. Is there any reason I shouldn't?[/QUOTE]

The reviews coming up are pretty poor.

[quote name='NegativeZero']walked in to 34th st nyc kmart , no Sony headphones and NO UNCHARted 3??!
No Uncharted 3?
No Uncharted 3?
No Uncharted 3?
No Uncharted 3?
No Uncharted 3?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you're talking about, I just bought mine and got the $20 coupon no problem. They're sitting behind the display case that's opposite the counter.

Gah. Now I'm trying to talk myself out of buying both MW3 and Skyrim next week. Already bought Arkham City and Uncharted 3. And I just know the $50 coupon is going to convince me to buy something or other on Black Friday which I really don't need, but "I should buy it because the coupon will expire." Damn you Kmart and your irresistibly good deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back