KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry because I assume someone has asked this already..

But to get the $50 coupon it needs to all be in the same transaction? Or just on the same rewards card?

So basically if I want MW3 and Skyrim I need to wait until 11/11 to buy MW3?

[quote name='Krueger3737']Does anyone know if K-Mart does midnight releases? More specifically for MW3?[/QUOTE]

The first post has a link listed.

[quote name='tranceFusion']I'm sorry because I assume someone has asked this already..

But to get the $50 coupon it needs to all be in the same transaction? Or just on the same rewards card?

So basically if I want MW3 and Skyrim I need to wait until 11/11 to buy MW3?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It all has to be in the same transaction.

[quote name='Wavedash007']The kmart in nyc 34th street did not have a single u3 out. Apparently they did not get the shipment =/
i find that hard to believe but only 2 workers on gaming section who said they dont know where it is and it did not come in. [/QUOTE]

Penn Station is Sold Out when I was there at 5PM yesterday

[quote name='tranceFusion']I'm sorry because I assume someone has asked this already..

So basically if I want MW3 and Skyrim I need to wait until 11/11 to buy MW3?[/QUOTE]

I don't think someone asked yet b/c it's detailed on the original post (be warned - many people will spam you b/c you didn't read it)

Basically, you get a $35 & a $15 coupon printed out if you spend $110. Yes it has to be on the same purchase or you will only get (2) $15 coupons because the purchase only qualifies for the "spend $40, get a $15 coupon" rule.

[quote name='animalspinners']

What I think is going on is that people are convincing the employees to scan coupons that have the same barcode -- it probably involves an override from a manager and then, when the manager eventually gets chewed out for it, the manager then comes down on the employee. The employee then decides to just not take any coupons that are the same dollar amount because they don't want to lose their job.
[/QUOTE]

Majority of the issues are because people are trying to buy LotR:WotN with coupons from the Batman deal last week ($10 + $30).

I'm going to be done with kmart after I burn my lotr coupon unfortunately they didn't have any dark souls left but I expect a bf deal. I feel like I always have to walk the eomployees through using the coupons

[quote name='Marauder7']Majority of the issues are because people are trying to buy LotR:WotN with coupons from the Batman deal last week ($10 + $30).[/QUOTE]

And I bet the cashier is getting confused as the coupon for LotR:WotN says "limit 1" on it. Although we all know it's for the game, not the coupon.

[quote name='IronClaw']And I bet the cashier is getting confused as the coupon for LotR:WotN says "limit 1" on it. Although we all know it's for the game, not the coupon.[/QUOTE]

In the case of Astor Place in NYC the manager flat out denied them use of multiple coupons which is why a lot of people went to Penn Station to make their purchases because they know how the coupon system works.

[quote name='nightmare452']So I picked up LotR:WotN (what an acronym!) yesterday for $21 after using my Batman: AC $30 and $10 coupons.

But the overall experience was kind of a pain. The employee at the games section seemed nice and got my game just fine. But once I went to pay, tells me they dont accept coupons. I tell him "yes you do". We go back and forth and he decides to send me to the front costumer service desk. Again I explain what this coupons are, that they are official kmart coupons, etc. Yet they don't believe me.

In the end, I told em "go ahead and scan the game and then the coupons, if the system gives you and error, I'll leave". Vuala!, system takes it without a hitch, I even get my $20 coupon for next week and they have these shocked faces. One of em tells me that's the last time they will let me use coupons on games. But I'll go next week and do the 110/50 deal anyway, hopefully they are more informed of next weeks deal.[/QUOTE]

Wow if that happened to me I'd probably have a $50 gift card waiting in the mail.. so rude and unacceptable.

[quote name='almasy82']SHC gamer,
Can you buy the ps3 call of duty and get the xbox point card discount?[/QUOTE]
You cannot, it is being cofunded with Microsoft so it is linked to the 360 sku.

Just saw an email from SYWR that said bonus members earn 2x time points on qualifying purchases. So instead of 10 points for every dollar, you earn 20 points for every dollar on qualifying purchases.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I could not find it. If I buy 2 copies of Modern Warfare 3 will I qualify for the $50 coupon?

[quote name='DomLando']I'm sure this has been asked before but I could not find it. If I buy 2 copies of Modern Warfare 3 will I qualify for the $50 coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll post it on Friday, thanks![/QUOTE]
thanks josh - knowing the x deal 11/13 - will determine some of my buying strategy

Josh, I want you to know that you and your team are the only thing keeping me from taking my business elsewhere... and looking at my fellow CAGs posts, my experiences have not been unique.

Last night, I went to the Binghamton, NY store to pick up my copy of LotR. Unsure if they would have it on Tuesday, I called in the morning to make sure. The rep I got on the phone located it, and told me that it would be held until close for me. Sweet.

When I get there last night, I decide I want to pick up Sonic as well, so I ask the employee working electronics for it. I inform him that it released today and was not in the case yet, and before I can finish my sentence he's cutting me off, telling me that they don't have it yet if it just released today. Whatever, just give me my LotR and I'll stop "bothering" you.

Now he has no idea why I was told this game would be held for me, as obviously this wouldn't be in stock yet, and I get to stand and watch him make a half-assed attempt to "look" for my game. He's about to send me on my way empty handed, when I notice a box of games sitting at his feet, waiting to be shelved. Goldeneye is in plain view, so I ask him to look in the box. Reluctantly, he decides to provide some customer service and low and behold, LotR is in the box. After telling him 3 times I want the 360 version, he puts down the PS3 copy he wants to give me and hands me what I have been asking for.

I try to ask for Sonic one more time, just in case it's in that box.... no dice. And he sure as hell wasn't going to be inconvenienced to look elsewhere for it. He even decides to lie and tell me that their computers do not have the ability to search for an item. Whatever. Give me my damn game before I punch you in the face and leave in handcuffs is about all I'm thinking at this point.

Now onto paying for this item. First, he doesn't want to scan my SYWR card, just keeps on telling $64.XX... dude, scan my card! Rolling his eyes, he scans my card finally. "$64.XX".... here are my coupons! After looking at me like I have 3 heads for a good minute, he decides to scan the 1st $10 one. "Ok your total is $50-".... excuse me, there is a 2nd coupon. "You can't use 2 coupons on one-".... READ THE COUPON. IT EXPRESSLY SAYS I MOST CERTAINLY CAN. Scans it once, lowers the price to $20. Decides to delete the coupon and scan it again so he can tell me that I'm wrong.... nope, goes through the 2nd time. Defeated, he mumbles the $21.XX price. I swipe, transaction complete. He hands me my receipt, yet crumples up and throws out the $20 coupon that prints out along with it.

OH HELL NO. Get your ass in that garbage can and give me my motherfucking coupon. You should've seen the look on his face when I politely (and yes, I was very polite) requested my coupon ;)

Smiling, I inform him I will be back next week to take advantage of yet another great Kmart promo.

TLDR - Josh and his crew are awesome, everything else about Kmart sucks gigantic balls.

i picked up both UC3 and the wireless headset, but didnt receive a $20 gaming coupon.. didnt see one in my email either. any help?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll post it on Friday, thanks![/QUOTE]

Hey Josh, I'm gonna get Assassins Creed and Halo on the 15th and I will have a $20 coupon and a $50 coupon. So if the games are 60+40 Will I be able to use both my coupons and still be able to save money with the buy one get such and such off the other?

[quote name='samaelsir']I know the gaming coupons can be used for XBL or PSN cards but can they be used for gaming consoles, ei. a 3DS?[/QUOTE]

They can.

If only the employees in the Electronic Department were half as dedicated as Josh's Team they would be able to increase the game sales by 25% minimum

[quote name='Marauder7']If only the employees in the Electronic Department were half as dedicated as Josh's Team they would be able to increase the game sales by 25% minimum[/QUOTE]

If only the averege Kmart employee was a decent human being my wife wouldn't want to wait in the car whenever I go to a store - she absolutely hates this company.

[quote name='Gabrius']Josh, I want you to know that you and your team are the only thing keeping me from taking my business elsewhere... and looking at my fellow CAGs posts, my experiences have not been unique.

Last night, I went to the Binghamton, NY store to pick up my copy of LotR. Unsure if they would have it on Tuesday, I called in the morning to make sure. The rep I got on the phone located it, and told me that it would be held until close for me. Sweet.

When I get there last night, I decide I want to pick up Sonic as well, so I ask the employee working electronics for it. I inform him that it released today and was not in the case yet, and before I can finish my sentence he's cutting me off, telling me that they don't have it yet if it just released today. Whatever, just give me my LotR and I'll stop "bothering" you.

Now he has no idea why I was told this game would be held for me, as obviously this wouldn't be in stock yet, and I get to stand and watch him make a half-assed attempt to "look" for my game. He's about to send me on my way empty handed, when I notice a box of games sitting at his feet, waiting to be shelved. Goldeneye is in plain view, so I ask him to look in the box. Reluctantly, he decides to provide some customer service and low and behold, LotR is in the box. After telling him 3 times I want the 360 version, he puts down the PS3 copy he wants to give me and hands me what I have been asking for.

I try to ask for Sonic one more time, just in case it's in that box.... no dice. And he sure as hell wasn't going to be inconvenienced to look elsewhere for it. He even decides to lie and tell me that their computers do not have the ability to search for an item. Whatever. Give me my damn game before I punch you in the face and leave in handcuffs is about all I'm thinking at this point.

Now onto paying for this item. First, he doesn't want to scan my SYWR card, just keeps on telling $64.XX... dude, scan my card! Rolling his eyes, he scans my card finally. "$64.XX".... here are my coupons! After looking at me like I have 3 heads for a good minute, he decides to scan the 1st $10 one. "Ok your total is $50-".... excuse me, there is a 2nd coupon. "You can't use 2 coupons on one-".... READ THE COUPON. IT EXPRESSLY SAYS I MOST CERTAINLY CAN. Scans it once, lowers the price to $20. Decides to delete the coupon and scan it again so he can tell me that I'm wrong.... nope, goes through the 2nd time. Defeated, he mumbles the $21.XX price. I swipe, transaction complete. He hands me my receipt, yet crumples up and throws out the $20 coupon that prints out along with it.

OH HELL NO. Get your ass in that garbage can and give me my motherfucking coupon. You should've seen the look on his face when I politely (and yes, I was very polite) requested my coupon ;)

Smiling, I inform him I will be back next week to take advantage of yet another great Kmart promo.

TLDR - Josh and his crew are awesome, everything else about Kmart sucks gigantic balls.[/QUOTE]

Wtf is all I can say. I would've chewed his ass up if I had that experience. Kudos to you for maintaining your cool.

im actually discouraged walking into kmart and buying UC3 because their services are just that horrible. well at least just my opinion and the stores around my area.

[quote name='Ardrid']Wtf is all I can say. I would've chewed his ass up if I had that experience. Kudos to you for maintaining your cool.[/QUOTE]

I've worked in the customer service biz in one way shape or form my entire adult life... actually since I was 13, and it would take something far more extreme to make me blow up on someone.

....back when I was a Gamestop manager, I did have someone threaten me with violence because I would not take back his stolen Dreamcast. Had I not had friends working for me that threw me in the back room and blocked the door while they got rid of him, I would probably still be in jail. There's a big difference between 19 year old Gabrius and 3..... er.... 27 year old Gabrius ^_^

[quote name='Gabrius']He hands me my receipt, yet crumples up and throws out the $20 coupon that prints out along with it.[/QUOTE]

I've seen people get punched for less.

[quote name='Gabrius'] You should've seen the look on his face when I politely (and yes, I was very polite) requested my coupon ;).[/QUOTE]

And that sir was chest bump worthy.

Seriously I commend everyone in this thread for their patience, it sucks what we have to go through for a deal.

[quote name='EducAsian']Lol, that's a messed up story, bro. Unfortunately, it sounds like your K-Mart is one of the worst of the worst. What a horrible manager.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'd like to say I have never had a problem with any Kmart employees because of their race or my race being the reason for poor service. It is more of lazy or uninformed Kmart employees.

The old black electronics employee who sold me Lord of the Rings was more polite than the younger non-black employees I have ever encountered. None of the employees ever joked with me like he did. He was like wanna share that coupon. I paused for a moment to realize that a $20 coupon is still a lot of money.

I still don't understand why using multiple coupons is still an issue. Figured, let the employee scan it and let the computer call the final shot after hitting total. I used both a $10 and $30 coupon in one shot and it worked.

Now, if you're using the same bar code coupon from buying two copies of the same game on separate transactions, then that's your own fault for not paying attention to the text.[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't mean to be against any race here. I just used the term to indicate who they are since I don't know their names and there are only one electronics female cashier and one store manager are African Americans I met so far in that store.

I can 100% say the race doesn't affect my purchases in Kmart for years. I met some polite African American staff in both NYC stores before, and they were very helpful for my shopping. So far this was only the second time I had coupon problem in Astor Pl.

I had used 3 coupons in one purchase there before with different cashier and manager without a issue. So, maybe yesterday incident was just a chaos. I don't know if they were just screwed by someone or what. As soon as I asked to buy more than one new game, the lady just called up the manager. Of course, they denied my request, and which was fine because I didn't have a copy of their so-called "new store policy" memo to debate. However, the reason they rejected me to use multiple coupons was unreasonable especially when I had coupons indicated they were capable to be combined for purchase. My coupons came from two different offers (Battlefield 3 and Batman) with two different bar codes, but they didn't even bother to look at them at all. I guess next time I have to pick a better time for my visit there when someone else on duty.

Ok, that's it with my sharing. I am not going to continue with it since it created a lot of controversies. I sincerely apologize if my words have been making anyone uncomfortable here.

@Gabrius, that is an awful story. I don't know what it is about the employees (across many stores) proclaiming they did not get new releases in but that drives me crazy.

Josh really could make a huge improvement to the customer service if he did something to make the retail employees aware that new releases are released on Tuesdays (generally) and that all stores WILL have them in store by then. That way instead of the immediate, uninformed "we don't have it yet response" they could respond with a clueless yet definitive pavlovian "I'm sure we have it somewhere" response.

To add to that, the employee who hassled me was a mid-50's white guy. Race is not an issue - an asshole is an asshole.

EDIT - post in response to metrostar.

EDIT 2 - bgame2, there is NOTHING Josh can do to improve the customer service. Kmart hires shitheads, and he's not in the Human Resources department.

[quote name='bgame2']@Gabrius, that is an awful story. I don't know what it is about the employees (across many stores) proclaiming they did not get new releases in but that drives me crazy.

Josh really could make a huge improvement to the customer service if he did something to make the retail employees aware that new releases are released on Tuesdays (generally) and that all stores WILL have them in store by then. That way instead of the immediate, uninformed "we don't have it yet response" they could respond with a clueless yet definitive pavlovian "I'm sure we have it somewhere" response.[/QUOTE]

Josh has said many times that every store gets a communication regarding the new releases and promotions. Unfortunately he can't do a thing about them not caring to read it.

All out of Uncharted at Bridgeville, PA. still had at least one headset. Guy just kept saying they were all gone when I asked if he was getting any more. Thanks for all the help!
:(

[quote name='Gabrius']He even decides to lie and tell me that their computers do not have the ability to search for an item.[/QUOTE]
Not exactly a lie.
Unless you have the UPC or KSN/Dept ID you can't search for an item.

[quote name='mguiddy']Not exactly a lie.
Unless you have the UPC or KSN/Dept ID you can't search for an item.[/QUOTE]

Please. Don't defend this jerkoff's laziness. I would've gladly provided him with whatever he needed in order for him to search for it. He just didn't feel like working while he was at work.

Searched the thread and haven't seen this asked.

Does KMart carry the rocksmith guitar bundles in store? If so would it work with next weeks deal?

[quote name='Gabrius']Josh, I want you to know that you and your team are the only thing keeping me from taking my business elsewhere... and looking at my fellow CAGs posts, my experiences have not been unique.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, what an arrogant, lazy ass. Next week wear a hidden camera. ;)

Hey guys, completely forget when the $10 coupon to use towards the new Lord of the Rings gameexpires but I still have it and no plans to use it. If anyone wants it mailed to them,I have no problem with that. PM me your name and address and its yours.

I feel bad for everyone that has to deal with poor service at their Kmart. No one wants to go through that crap. The Kmart I go to has been fantastic so far. Every Tuesday morning the games are up in the display cases, and most of the time there are paper flyers next to them describing the SYWR offers. When I got Uncharted 3, the employee told me about the console bundle and the headset offer. It's funny too because I don't think many people in this area know about Kmart's deals (Fargo, ND). I went to get BF3 right away to make sure I got a LE copy, and there was only one other person there to get the game.

God bless you Josh and Kmart.

question about the digital receipt. I tried to search and wasn't able to find an answer.

I don't see a coupon with my digital receipts. The coupons I usually get from a store have a barcode on them, that they scan.

My digital receipt has wording something like "issued offer xxxxxxxxxx". Does the kmart associate need to type that number instead of expecting to scan a coupon ?

thanks

[quote name='slickmonkey']question about the digital receipt. I tried to search and wasn't able to find an answer.

I don't see a coupon with my digital receipts. The coupons I usually get from a store have a barcode on them, that they scan.

My digital receipt has wording something like "issued offer xxxxxxxxxx". Does the kmart associate need to type that number instead of expecting to scan a coupon ?

thanks[/QUOTE]

I can't answer your question but I can confirm that I didn't receive a digital copy of the coupon with my digital receipt either, though I did receive a paper copy of the coupon at the time of purchase. This is different from my experience with Batman, whereby I received both a paper copy and digital copy of the coupon along with their respective receipts.

I would reach out to Josh. He should be able to take care of it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back