KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
What's up with the "$50 max in coupons per transaction" part of the terms? If I went in and bought MW3 and Skyrim on the same day, will I get the two gamer coupons for each game and then the $50 credit because I spent over $110? Or does it just max out on $50 in credit across all the promotions?

EDIT: Whoops... I see... there are no gaming coupons for individual games this week. Looks like you just have to hit one of the two spending tiers to get one of the two different coupons. Hmmmm... alright.

Three questions:

Can I purchase two modern warfares and get two discounted cards on the same receipt? What if it is one modernwarfare for xbox and one for the ps3 and one xbl and one points card?

Will K mart carry the black eyed peas experience?

Will the rock band game and keyboard bundle work towards the coupon? I don't know if this counts for hardware or software since it has both.

Please only respond if you know. I can conjecture myself.

[quote name='mistermoravec']Can I purchase two modern warfares and get two discounted cards on the same receipt? What if it is one modernwarfare for xbox and one for the ps3 and one xbl and one points card?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I know is that the PS3 version does not trigger the points/XBL deal.

tbone,

thanks. I didn't mean to sound snooty, but I've been on this forum long enough to know that people answer with their assumptions as though they are fact all the time.

I just sent an email to the KmartGamerHelpMe address about what happened today...I really hope I can get this straightened out.

I bought Uncharted 3, Sonic Generations and deBlob as filler and only the $15 coupon printed. The cashier apparently applied the friends and family discount to my purchase, even thought the fine print says it doesn't apply, bringing me below $110. I also used a $30 coupon but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

I did everything right on my end, I really hope I can get the value I missed out on. If not, I won't even get the value of the two games' individual coupons last week.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']I just sent an email to the KmartGamerHelpMe address about what happened today...I really hope I can get this straightened out.

I bought Uncharted 3, Sonic Generations and deBlob as filler and only the $15 coupon printed. The cashier apparently applied the friends and family discount to my purchase, even thought the fine print says it doesn't apply, bringing me below $110. I also used a $30 coupon but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

I did everything right on my end, I really hope I can get the value I missed out on. If not, I won't even get the value of the two games' individual coupons last week.[/QUOTE]
eesh. Yeah and to think you could have added one more thing and gotten the coupon still. When I go I guess I'm going to have to be annoying and walk with the cashier through the deal so I know what exactly is happening. If they take the 10% off it'd screw me over also unless I know beforehand whether or not it's being taken off.

I found my filler...
P9120737.jpg

So to confirm, If you have coupons (IE the $30 coupon from Batman: AC deal) You can't use them one two games AND get the $50 coupon? So you have to at least spend 140 if you want to use them?

That kind of kills the deal for me.

[quote name='admiralvic']I hate to ask, but does anyone know if I can buy 2 copies of super mario and get the b1g1 + both credit amounts?[/QUOTE]

If you mean the super mario 3ds game, then no because that is not one of the games on the B1G1 list. you will only get 2 15 dollar gaming coupons

[quote name='admiralvic']I hate to ask, but does anyone know if I can buy 2 copies of super mario and get the b1g1 + both credit amounts?[/QUOTE]

Mario is not part of the B1G1, hence the space between the lists in the OP.

[quote name='Stiler']So to confirm, If you have coupons (IE the $30 coupon from Batman: AC deal) You can't use them one two games AND get the $50 coupon? So you have to at least spend 140 if you want to use them?

That kind of kills the deal for me.[/QUOTE]

Read the OP. The mysterious answer is right there, several times in fact.

[quote name='ShockandAww']eesh. Yeah and to think you could have added one more thing and gotten the coupon still. When I go I guess I'm going to have to be annoying and walk with the cashier through the deal so I know what exactly is happening. If they take the 10% off it'd screw me over also unless I know beforehand whether or not it's being taken off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought about having her void the transaction and either finding something else to add or redoing the whole thing just without the discount, but I was afraid that would prevent me from using my $30 coupon again, and I decided to just let it go and hopefully Josh and his team can do something for me.

[quote name='confoosious']Picked up 115 worth of games. Got both coupons no problem.[/QUOTE]

Great news. I'm heading in Friday for Skyrim and idk what else, but its good to know that it is already working for people. Did you use any coupons?

I'm going to get MW3 and Sonic Generations. I missed the coupon on that from last week, but this is better anyway. Also will get 4000 pts deal.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm going to get MW3 and Sonic Generations. I missed the coupon on that from last week, but this is better anyway. Also will get 4000 pts deal.[/QUOTE]
I think Sonic is only 49.99 so you'd need filler for that since you'd be 2 cents short. Also it's 37.49 at Amazon right now.

[quote name='coldstreakd']Great news. I'm heading in Friday for Skyrim and idk what else, but its good to know that it is already working for people. Did you use any coupons?[/QUOTE]

Nope

[quote name='ShockandAww']I think Sonic is only 49.99 so you'd need filler for that since you'd be 2 cents short.[/QUOTE]

Oooooh. Darn. I wonder if there is anything that costs only a few bucks. It has to be video games or can it be video game accessories as well?

[quote name='crunchewy']Oooooh. Darn. I wonder if there is anything that costs only a few bucks. It has to be video games or can it be video game accessories as well?[/QUOTE]

Video games. Shockandaww posted a great list of filler games that I've found fairly common at Kmarts near me.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah. My list wont be complete but here's some I was interested in picking up:

Last specter 29.99
You don’t know jack PS3 19.99
Curious village 14.99
Sonic and sega all stars racing 14.99
Toy story 3 14.99
Hot shots golf 14.99
Vanquish 19.99
Mass Effect 2 PS3 19.99

Fire emblem wii 14.99
Guilty party wii 14.99
No more heroes 2 wii 12.99
Pikmin wii – 4.99
Punch out wii 14.99
Red steel 2 w/motion plus 14.99
Shattered memories wii 12.99
Sid Meiers pirates wii 12.99

Crackdown 2 14.99
Singularity 14.99
Bayonetta 14.99
Enslaved $14.99
Eternal sonata 14.99
Fallout 3 12.99
Ghostbusters 12.99
Metro 2033 $14.99
Nier 12.99
Tales of vesperia 14.99

FILLER:
Alone in The Dark Xbox – 7.99
Dark Void 7.99
Konami classics volume 2 – 7.99
ARE YOU SMARTER THAN5TH GRADER PS2 3.99
ARMY MEN SOLDIERS OF MISFORTUNE PS2 - $4.99
DISNEY THINK FAST PS2 W/4 CTRLRS - $3.99
HIGH ROLLERS CA PS2 HIGH ROLLERS CA PS2 - $3.99
JEEP THRILLS PS2 10157 - $4.99
NHRA 2007 CHAMP PS2 46114 - $3.99
WALL E PS2 46130 - $3.99
SCEA LOCO ROCO 2 PSP 98731 - $2.99
SCEA PATAPON 2 PSP 9 - $2.99
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing out shockandaww's list. Printed a copy of the filler games and will check Monday to see if they have any so ill know what to ask for on Tuesday.

Does anyone know whether it will be possible to do the $50 Gaming Coupons for $110 Gaming Software purchase in conjunction with the Modern Warfare 3 ($59.99) + 4000 Microsoft Points ($29.99)? Or more accurately, does Microsoft Points or PSN cards count as gaming software?

I would be more than willing to purchase Modern Warfare 3 ($59.99) + 4000 Microsoft Points ($29.99) + 1600 Microsoft Points ($19.99) + filler for $50 back in gaming coupons. These are great deals regardless, but this may sway me to purchase some games even before Black Friday.

So for this week's deal, I purchase MW3 and Batman: AC and get the $50 total in gaming coupons.

Then next week, I purchase Saint's Row The Third and AC: Revelations and get 50% off of AC. Can I use the $50 in coupons on this?

Would be a killer deal.

[quote name='fei33']Does anyone know whether it will be possible to do the $50 Gaming Coupons for $110 Gaming Software purchase in conjunction with the Modern Warfare 3 ($59.99) + 4000 Microsoft Points ($29.99)? Or more accurately, does Microsoft Points or PSN cards count as gaming software?

I would be more than willing to purchase Modern Warfare 3 ($59.99) + 4000 Microsoft Points ($29.99) + 1600 Microsoft Points ($19.99) + filler for $50 back in gaming coupons. These are great deals regardless, but this may sway me to purchase some games even before Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Points cards are not software

[quote name='fei33']does Microsoft Points or PSN cards count as gaming software?[/QUOTE] No points cards are excluded. It's software only.

[quote name='djblaze805']So for this week's deal, I purchase MW3 and Batman: AC and get the $50 total in gaming coupons.

Then next week, I purchase Saint's Row The Third and AC: Revelations and get 50% off of AC. Can I use the $50 in coupons on this?[/QUOTE]
Should be able to. I dont know for a fact but I do know Kmart would have way too many angry customers if you couldn't. In the past it's worked regardless of what the coupons say so there's not much of a reason it wouldn't this time. So in that case you could technically be denied by someone but without human intervention the coupons should work just fine.

For anyone that does have a coupon from this week, is the Buy One Get One clause on there? On many in the fine print it says "Not valid on Buy One, Get One events" which is the only thing that would stop the coupons from working on next weeks deal.

Another question, if I pick up 4 x cod mw 3, in 2 transaction and get the $100 in coupon, can I use all 4 coupon in 1 transaction or need to be separate transaction?

[quote name='Xellos2099']Another question, if I pick up 4 x cod mw 3, in 2 transaction and get the $100 in coupon, can I use all 4 coupon in 1 transaction or need to be separate transaction?[/QUOTE]

You'll need 2 transactions, as each $35 coupon will have the same code, as well as each $15 coupon

[quote name='mistermoravec']Three questions:

Can I purchase two modern warfares and get two discounted cards on the same receipt? What if it is one modernwarfare for xbox and one for the ps3 and one xbl and one points card?

Will K mart carry the black eyed peas experience?

Will the rock band game and keyboard bundle work towards the coupon? I don't know if this counts for hardware or software since it has both.

Please only respond if you know. I can conjecture myself.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this as well. If this qualifies for the $50 Gaming Coupons, I may just pick up Modern Warfare 3 for myself and a buddy as a Christmas present. 2 X MW3 ($120) + 2 X 4000 MSP ($60) + tax with a $50 Gaming Coupon back would work pretty nicely. It would be a steep investment up front, but would probably be one of the best deals on Modern Warfare 3 this holiday season, Black Friday or not.

It's been posted on the facebook page that only one card will discounted per transaction even if both games are COD, just the way the deal was coded into the system.

[quote name='djblaze805']So for this week's deal, I purchase MW3 and Batman: AC and get the $50 total in gaming coupons.

Then next week, I purchase Saint's Row The Third and AC: Revelations and get 50% off of AC. Can I use the $50 in coupons on this?

Would be a killer deal.[/QUOTE]

I thought about doing this, but even if you back out the $50 from this week's coupon, your "investment" for the 4 games is still over $40 per game. You still need to lay out $120 + tax on the first week for 2 full price games, then get your next 2 for $40 + tax after 50% discount and the $50 coupon.

Not really a "killer" deal IMO as it's basically the same thing as $20 coupons, only you would have to buy 4 full price games to qualify. It's good for MW3 only because there are no other deals for that one, and because it's price/TIV tends to stay high until well into next year. So I'm really thinking about getting MW3 and another game or 2 this week to qualify for $50 off, but then using my $50 coupon on clearance games with no further cash outlay. I see it as a bit of a waste to buy 4 brand new games in a short span like that, because by the time I'm ready to play them they probably would have been readily available at sale prices well under $40.

I have been watching this thread for a long time but have hesitated to start shopping at KMart due to all of the stories I've read here. Considering getting started with the coupons this week. Can anyone tell me if they've had any good/bad experiences at particular Kmarts on Long Island, New York (Huntington, Rosedale, etc.)? Do these stores typically run out of stock quickly? Thanks for whatever feedback you can provide.

[quote name='ccjmli']I have been watching this thread for a long time but have hesitated to start shopping at KMart due to all of the stories I've read here. Considering getting started with the coupons this week. Can anyone tell me if they've had any good/bad experiences at particular Kmarts on Long Island, New York (Huntington, Rosedale, etc.)? Do these stores typically run out of stock quickly? Thanks for whatever feedback you can provide.[/QUOTE]

The worst that can happen is they screw up and you either return your item, or email Josh and he will probably take care of correcting it for you. I had to do this once and he sent me a replacement gift card.

I say go for it if you are interested in the deal.

Stores running out of stock is very much a store by store issue, but yeah it does seem like a pretty good chunk of stores don't get enough initial stock to last the launch week, so it's best to go probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

[quote name='Agent Orange']I thought about doing this, but even if you back out the $50 from this week's coupon, your "investment" for the 4 games is still over $40 per game. You still need to lay out $120 + tax on the first week for 2 full price games, then get your next 2 for $40 + tax after 50% discount and the $50 coupon.

Not really a "killer" deal IMO as it's basically the same thing as $20 coupons, only you would have to buy 4 full price games to qualify. It's good for MW3 only because there are no other deals for that one, and because it's price/TIV tends to stay high until well into next year. So I'm really thinking about getting MW3 and another game or 2 this week to qualify for $50 off, but then using my $50 coupon on clearance games with no further cash outlay. I see it as a bit of a waste to buy 4 brand new games in a short span like that, because by the time I'm ready to play them they probably would have been readily available at sale prices well under $40.[/QUOTE]

Point noted.

Although I wouldn't mind spending around $40 per game, of which 3 of them I'll be playing with family and friends. 4 games in such a short span may definitely be a little much, but the other people I'm playing with are already going to purchase MW3 this week and SR3 and AC:R, along with Halo Anniversary (of which I'm getting for $20 from amazon), next week. So each game will be getting some play time.

If some BF deals leak, though,we may all decide to wait until then...

[quote name='noone13']Mario is not part of the B1G1, hence the space between the lists in the OP.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you card/noone. I figured they were separated because something was removed or a formatting error.

[quote name='coldstreakd']You'll need 2 transactions, as each $35 coupon will have the same code, as well as each $15 coupon[/QUOTE]

That kind of suck, was hoping I can use the 2 x 35 and 1 x 15 on the buy 1 get 1 50% sale and the other 15 on super mario 3d. Still a deal since I convince my friend to buy the mw for $55 each.

Btw, Josh, any idea on the allocation of the Zelda wiimote bundle? Wii it be as limited as mw 3 harden?

I went in to kmart today and got gears of war 3 and 4 misc 15 dollar games for a total of $120 before taxes/coupons. I only got a 15 dollar coupon printed out. i used my Batman:AC 30 dollar coupon, on the reciept it was taking that off before taxes putting my total down to 90. Is this how it is supposed to be working?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Can we use gaming coupons on the buy one get one 50% off sale[/QUOTE]

Just look up a few posts above yours.

[quote name='Arrys']I went in to kmart today and got gears of war 3 and 4 misc 15 dollar games for a total of $120 before taxes/coupons. I only got a 15 dollar coupon printed out. i used my Batman:AC 30 dollar coupon, on the reciept it was taking that off before taxes putting my total down to 90. Is this how it is supposed to be working?[/QUOTE]

According to josh, no. You should have gotten the 35 and 15 coupons. Looks like this is going to be a hassle for us wanting to use coupons on this deal....

I'm sitting on a 20 dollar credit from BF3, was planning to hit the 110 for another 50 this week...and then pick up two games next week.

Sounds like the safest thing to do, at least in my case, is to just spend the 110 out of pocket and NOT use the 20 dollar credit I have this week. Then go in next week and use all 70 dollars in credits when I get Assassin's Creed and Skyrim (or whatever else).

At least then I won't have to worry about the two coupons printing out this week and I won't be expecting any new ones next week.

If you buy MW3 and Skyrim it's 120+ tax, then the bogo half off on two more games, it comes out to $40 a game(Saints Row and Assassin's Creed look to be the best choices). At $40 each it's probably the best pre-Black Friday deal but I think this Black Friday will be way more competitive than last years, warranting a wait and see from me.

[quote name='41down']According to josh, no. You should have gotten the 35 and 15 coupons. Looks like this is going to be a hassle for us wanting to use coupons on this deal....[/QUOTE]

Hang on.... isn't the rule is the total must be 110 after coupon is apply for this to work?

[quote name='Xellos2099']Hang on.... isn't the rule is the total must be 110 after coupon is apply for this to work?[/QUOTE]
That was the early assumption. Josh said his people confirmed it was before tax.

I don't feel like searching for the post.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Hang on.... isn't the rule is the total must be 110 after coupon is apply for this to work?[/QUOTE]

No. Total must be $110 BEFORE coupons.

[quote name='Arrys']I went in to kmart today and got gears of war 3 and 4 misc 15 dollar games for a total of $120 before taxes/coupons. I only got a 15 dollar coupon printed out. i used my Batman:AC 30 dollar coupon, on the reciept it was taking that off before taxes putting my total down to 90. Is this how it is supposed to be working?[/QUOTE]

Do you know if the cashier was able to actually scan in the coupon, or did they simply reduce the cost of your purchase by $30?

Considering we've got varying reports from people saying they're not getting the proper coupons, and we've got reports from "respected posters" who've also claimed to use the Batman AC coupon AND get both the 15/35 coupons to print, it definitely creates a lot of controversy.

I've never had a problem yet with the coupons/kmart in the last year I've been riding the coupon train, however all the issues others seem to have always makes me a bit concerned when I do make a purchase.

All I can say is I generally try to assist the cashier with the purchase everytime by doing the following;

1) Make sure the cashier scans your SYWR card ASAP... I have to imagine a lot of issues with coupons could be related to this since having an account is required.
2) Watch them scan the games and check the total, particularly if you have a points card/automatic discount involved, DO NOT give them money before you confirm the price is right.
3) Hold your coupon until the very end, as the coupon isnt supposed to be used until the cashier hits the "total" button anyway, its important to make sure they get to that step before trying to get your coupon discount. -- I think some cashiers try before hitting total and if it doesnt scan they'll automatically discount it via other means instead of the actual coupon code/scanned barcode
4) If receiving multiple coupons after purchase, politely inform the cashier that multiple coupons will print so they dont either A) try to rip your coupon out of the printer early and possibly screw something up or B) throw them away and only give you the receipt itself

If you get a cashier who wants to "debate" with you, politely try to encourage them to simply ring everything up with the previous steps listed in mind, as the register itself will decide whether or not something is "allowed" (as all computers these days at major retailers deny/accept deals automatically).

This certainly wouldnt solve everyones issues, but I think it would definitely help a few people out, as there are a lot of very simple ways to screw things up.

Either way, anyone who has problems with the current $15/$35 coupons, please give us all the info you can, because it definitely could help cue in on where the problems are coming up.

[quote name='Evolved']That was the early assumption. Josh said his people confirmed it was before tax.

I don't feel like searching for the post.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The coupons will still print. The redeeming of a gaming coupon does not reduce the gaming total that the coupons print trigger against.

For some reason I don't remember this being the case but hey, these are the experts.[/QUOTE]
Here is the post you are referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back