KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']Can someone confirm this would work (or that my math is right)?

CoD MW3 (360) $59.99
4000 Points Card $29.99*
Skyrim $29.99

= $119.98, plus I'd get $50 in coupons?

*I understand there is currently an issue with the points card that will likely be resolved this week.[/QUOTE]

You're math is quite off, Skyrim is $59.99.

Woke up early, went to store.

Bought MW3 Hardened(XBOX), 4000 XBL points card, and Jeanne D'Arc for PSP. Rang up as 99.99, 49.99, and 12.99 (was marked at 14.99, so nice!) respectively.

Took some convincing to even get them to ring up the points card (was in new packaging, clam shell, no longer activated at register), because they said 'coupons cant be used on them'. The discount wouldn't trigger, and they wouldn't/couldn't remove the points card or back out the transaction.

Went ahead anyway, used my coupon+reward points hoping Josh/Kmart can rectify.

(Anyone know if any promotions were going on? I got an extra 1300 'SYWR bonus points' with my purchase, which is only like dollar, but prolly would help some other people out)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Midnight openings, though it seems there were some horror stories for sure, was very much a success from a sales standpoint and could justify future events in a larger scale at a first glance.

Second, I beat the campaign last night, my favorite COD single player to date. Campaign was fairly awesome.

Third, coupons are printing on schedule, system looks good.

Not all good though as you are aware (I've updated the blog and Twitter), the Xbox Live discounts are coming off of the game which lowers the threshold. I have followed up this morning and it appears that this is the only way to get the cards to be discounted. This will at least occur throughout today but I am hoping to be creative and find a loop hole.[/QUOTE]
Will you still honor the $35 coupon in some way if we don't have ours print out because of this?

I checked the blog, but only found that as a note not if there was any resolution should it happen to us. Sorry if it's been asked before.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can someone confirm this would work (or that my math is right)?

CoD MW3 (360) $59.99
4000 Points Card $29.99*
Skyrim $29.99

*I understand there is currently an issue with the points card that will likely be resolved this week.[/QUOTE]

The buy 1 get 1 50% off doesn't start till next week and the Points card promo ends before next week. So, no it wouldn't work.

CoD MW3 (360) $59.99
4000 Points Card $29.99*
Skyrim $29.99

You're mixing two different weekly promotions. This week is the points card deal and next week is the B1G1 1/2 off.

Ugh. So went in to buy metal gear and skylanders. Picked them up thinking it'd be over the $110 which it was. Used $55 in coupons and only got the $15 back. I thought it was still supposed to print out the $35. I don't want to return it since I used $55 in coupons, but bleh. Emailed Josh. Hope it can be fixed.

Went in to Kmart, walked out with 2 Hardened Editions. Got to Kmart at around 8:25 AM. There was a Kmart employee who bought the MW3 $400 Xbox ahead of me in line. Then the cashier asked what I wanted. I pointed to their only 2 Hardened Editions (PS3 and X360) in the glass case and she rung me out.

A lady behind me (probably buying MW3 for her son) asked what "that fancy version" had that the regular version didn't. Cashier and I told her, then cashier said, well, there goes our only 2...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Midnight openings, though it seems there were some horror stories for sure, was very much a success from a sales standpoint and could justify future events in a larger scale at a first glance.

Second, I beat the campaign last night, my favorite COD single player to date. Campaign was fairly awesome.

Not all good though as you are aware (I've updated the blog and Twitter), the Xbox Live discounts are coming off of the game which lowers the threshold. I have followed up this morning and it appears that this is the only way to get the cards to be discounted. This will at least occur throughout today but I am hoping to be creative and find a loop hole.[/QUOTE]

So your suggestion is to hold off on buying MW3 if planning to buy a 4000 pts card?

Congratulations on sales from Modern Warfare 3 midnight openings. I don't know if any other series will provide the revenue that COD has, but it's good to know you'd be considering it. The discount coming off of the game instead of the points card is unfortunate, and can hopefully be resolved when customers show up on Friday to purchase MW3 along with Skyrim. If not, we'd still be saving $10 off the hardened edition's price and only miss out on some physical items while getting COD elite and founder's status.

Thanks once again Josh as this is still, regardless of $50 in coupons printing out or not, still the best deal for those seeking Modern Warfare 3 + COD Elite this week.

[quote name='pjb16']Will you still honor the $35 coupon in some way if we don't have ours print out because of this?

I checked the blog, but only found that as a note not if there was any resolution should it happen to us. Sorry if it's been asked before.[/QUOTE]
I will say this, if you bought it last night or this morning and have not seen the update I know I will able to help.

I have to work on if there is a way to actually even solve for this.

Showed up at K-Mart at 8:00 a.m. for opening. Nobody but me and a few senior citizens, clearly not interested in MW3. I went to Electronics, but no one was there. I had to go to customer service to get them to call someone. When he got to Electronics, I asked about MW3 Hardened. He had to go to the stock room, because none of the MW3 copies had been stocked (for the biggest product launch of the year, unbelievable!). After 5 minutes of digging around in the stock room, he brought out a box, opened it, and showed me what they received, but they didn't get in a single Hardened copy. So I left empty handed. Thankfully I preordered the Hardened Edition on Gamestop.com last week, and it should arrive at my house tomorrow. Oh well, K-Mart loses out on my money this time.

I got a pretty wierd problem. I got harden edtion and normal version of the game with 12 month live. I got the 2 coupon fine but the 20 dollar from live didn't come off.

The manager tell me to get an override from cs for 20 off game. I got it adjust but it pop another 15 coupon. What does that mean? Does it mean my original 15 coupon is void or is this a brand new coupon?

Got the only PS3 MW3 HE at my store + Zelda Phantom Hourglass (didnt know this was on sale/clearanced for $14.99!). Used a $10 Mountain Dew coupon taking my total down to $113 after tax. Got my $35/$15 in coupons no problems.

Was very tempted to buy another MW3 HE (for Xbox) but Ive already gotten in on the $50 in coupons twice now so decided not to for now. If I go back and it happens to still be there though that bitch is mine.

Also I did try to exchange a $15 game I had bought the other day for a different $15 game and while it worked out I hope it doesn't mess with my coupons at all.

Has it been confirmed as to whether or not the $15/$35 coupons for this week can be used with b1g1 50% off next week?

[quote name='Silverspud']Has it been confirmed as to whether or not the $15/$35 coupons for this week can be used with b1g1 50% off next week?[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't they? Coupons have always been allowed for use on future promotions.

Did two transactions this morning

MW3 Hard 99.99
Mass Effect 2 19.99

Paid with cash coupons printed fine.

Reg Version of MW3 59.99
MGS Coll 49.99
Ac/DC Track Pack 2.99

Used Battlefied coupon and giftcard, got both coupons np.

So I now have $100 in coupons and $5 in SYWR points to use next week.

[quote name='41down']Damn that sucks majorly. I was hoping id be refunded the full amount i paid and then like a $20 gc to cover the coupon i used. Then just give them back the unused $15 coupon...i think that would only be fair seeing as though i wasnt given the opportunity to look at other games... Anyway josh could chime in?[/QUOTE]

I'm not clear on whether you want to do a return/rebuy or just a return, but I just got back from returning/rebuying 2 MW3 copies I got at midnight in order to get the 4000 points for a friend (I forgot to mention the deal to him beforehand). I used my $20 Uncharted coupon originally and I was afraid I would have to eat the cost with a return/rebuy. However, I was able to keep the $20 coupon discount and get the points for $29.99 after explaining my convoluted problem to the CS counter. I owed the cost of the points, gave up my original $15/$35 coupons, and got a new set of coupons.

[quote name='vlv723']So your suggestion is to hold off on buying MW3 if planning to buy a 4000 pts card?[/QUOTE]
I can't in all good conscience say to hold off just yet as there may actually be no way for me to find a way to do it another way and I know that I will not be authorized to hand out thousands of gift cards for the system actually working the way it was supposed to. I still feel though that those that bought it before it was explained explicitly is an issue that I can help with.

That said, I am crafty and am trying to work something out systemically.

well josh just replied to this 1 post a few secs ago, any chance we can get more info :) thanks a lot man. A lot ppl seem to be asking about if the 50 dollar coupons will work next week with the buy 1 get 50% off deal, but more importantly we just wanna know if the issue with the 4000 mp card and buy mw3 and spending over 110 is going to be fixed.. seems that the 20 dollars is comign off of the mw3 so .. its not printing the 50 dollar coupons unless if you buy more items or is it actually designed that way? Please let us know. Thanks so much for your help again!

Berwick store. Got there for opening. Picked up a Hardened Edition and MySims Sky Heroes.
Used my $10 Doritos coupon and the $15 Sonic Generations coupon.
Both the $15 and $35 coupons printed no problem.

Sadly, was unable to get a 4000 Point card due to the fact that they still don't have them in stock. They took my info and offered to call me when they come in and they'd price adjust it, but seeing here that you cannot manually adjust the price on MS Point cards has me convinced that I will not get that part of the offer at all. Luckily it looks like it works out alright given the fact that the $20 discount on the point card can screw up the coupon offers so I guess I'll just keep my $50 in coupons and use those on some MS points down the line.

Now to either find a buyer to take MW3 Hardened Edition off my hands or deal with listing it on eBay.
Frickin hate eBay.

Got my Hardenend Edition, but they couldn't find MGS HD, so I went ahead and bought my buddies vanilla MW3 today. No holding off for a points card but I didn't see any of them anywhere anyway. So many people claim their stores don't have any, so I have to assume mine doesn't as well. I've only seen 1600 point cards there for months. It sucks, because I was going to buy a Gears 3 Season Pass with the card, but I guess I'll keep holding off.

Anyway, bought a HE and regular copy, used a $30 and a $20 coupon, and was out the door for only $112. Also got the double SWYR points, so that was cool. Just wish I could have got the points too. Got both of my coupons from the purchase with no problems.

My buddy can't find his $20 coupon from Dark Souls, but I still have the digital receipt in my inbox from it, so I will try to use it this Friday on Skyrim. Has anyone had success using a digital coupon printed off recently? I remember Josh a while back I think saying that there was some fraud involved with them and stores were advised not to accept them, but now that coupon are trackable and tied to the account, it should be cool right?

I just want to say again fantastic job dealing with this. Kmart is really the underdog when it comes to video game retailers and they ended up being the only one that I could just walk in and get the hardened edition, as well as the only one giving such incredible deals. Maybe my experience at the store was unique but I was very pleased at how it was handled. Being able to walk up and grab my HE and carry it while taking my time finding a filler was very nice.

[quote name='falcinator']No "Hardened Editions" to be found in Pittsburgh, PA. Guess the 0 to 1 quantity was closer to 0.[/QUOTE]

The one in Altoona, PA had 4, 3 360 and 1 ps3. I'm actually curious to what kind of system of distributing they used as the quantity is both higher than I expected and random compared to other stores. I know my store isn't overly popular as every time I've bought a game there, the electronics section was completely empty.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']The buy 1 get 1 50% off doesn't start till next week and the Points card promo ends before next week. So, no it wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chriscolbert']You're mixing two different weekly promotions. This week is the points card deal and next week is the B1G1 1/2 off.[/QUOTE]

Well damn.

I thought it was too good to be true.

Would $50 PSN cards work to boost my total to $110?

Went to K-mart around 7:40 AM, figured I would just kill time till they opened at 8, for thats what site said and what I always thought, passed by up front, actually opened at 7am wtf! lol

Young guy was in electronics, knew what I was after, grabbed them asap. Anyways, no hardened editions (kind of middle of nowhere store so wasnt expecting it) picked up 2 copies of mw3 for ps3 for myself and friend, used 20$ BF3 coupon, 15$ kirby and 10$ doritos coupon and the 15$ and 35$ printed out just fine.

Thanks again Josh/Kmart!

Best thing I love about Kmart, calling before they open and being able to hold one HE for me! Dont have to drive there early and go to class :) Gonna cancel my GameStop order...or should I sell for profit?

can anyone confirm that you can get the 50 dollar coupon even if you get the xbox card for 29.99? or do you have to buy 1 more game? Anyone know if this is going to be fixed? or is this how the system is programmed?

you know, it's too bad that the 4000 points card deducts from the total for the 110 but you can't have everything you want. Pick up another game, cod fans. there's more to life than shootan duders.

So i think spec ops mode looking awesome pushed me over the edge. My friend and I will play that a lot. i'll probably get MW3 with the $110 deal this week.

MW3, DR2:OTR, and the new Layton game. Might go back again and pick up Kirby Wii, Kinect Sports 2, and Twilight Princess Wii if my wife doesn't hate me for spending too much ;)

[quote name='41down']Wow he wasnt being rude. Atleast i didnt take it that way. Someone didnt get their fruit loops this morning....[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='sasuke543']Best thing I love about Kmart, calling before they open and being able to hold one HE for me! Dont have to drive there early and go to class :) Gonna cancel my GameStop order...or should I sell for profit?[/QUOTE]

I really, really wouldn't count on K-Mart holding it for you.

Saying they will do something and actually doing it are two different things; I've read lots of stories in this thread about K-Mart holding something for someone, then another employee ends up selling it or the held item is "misplaced" before the guy gets there.

If you want it, I'd get down there as soon as possible.

[quote name='Linkgx1']So, wait. If I buy MW3, then I can get Skyrim for $29.99? Does this work if I am using my $30 credit?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about next weeks B1G1 1/2OFF? If so, there is uncertainty whether or not the coupons will work on the promotion but there are users saying coupons worked fine the last time a B1G1 took place.

[quote name='animalspinners']I really, really wouldn't count on K-Mart holding it for you.

Saying they will do something and actually doing it are two different things; I've read lots of stories in this thread about K-Mart holding something for someone, then another employee ends up selling it or the held item is "misplaced" before the guy gets there.

If you want it, I'd get down there as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

I've already done it more than a couple of times in the past, and had no issues losing my copy on hold. I know my copy is there waiting for me :)

[quote name='sasuke543']Best thing I love about Kmart, calling before they open and being able to hold one HE for me! Dont have to drive there early and go to class :) Gonna cancel my GameStop order...or should I sell for profit?[/QUOTE]

You better check to make sure it didn't ship already lol. I ordered mine yesterday and it was already handed off to UPS (granted I got quicker shipping). I'm going to check what the bidding is at tonight and decide to either turn and eat the shipping costs or try to make it back on ebay. I doubt the price will go down much as this is likely to be the hot video game Christmas item.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Are you talking about next weeks B1G1 1/2OFF? If so, there is uncertainty whether or not the coupons will work on the promotion but there are users saying coupons worked fine the last time a B1G1 took place.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm wondering if I should cancel my amazon preorder. Only a few days left. I was using my 20 credit from gears buy id save $10 going to kmart

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

I have to work on if there is a way to actually even solve for this.[/QUOTE]

Create a new SKU for Mw3+card = $89.99. Make sure it's under "gaming software". Suck it up on the fact that the 29.99 is counting towards the $110.

Post the SKU on gamer.Kmart.com in case cashier doesn't get the internal memo.

I've solved your problem! (except how to activate the card)

I recommend this for those having issues with the points card/MW3
tumblr_limthcd5BD1qfyv11o1_500.gif

Got MW3 using my 30 dollar coupon from Batman. Got here about an hour after opening. The electronics clerk said they got 4 hardened copies, but some guy waited outside to buy them all and flip them on the internet. That really isn't cool.

So...I got to my local kmart (Wilkes Barre, PA) around 815, and asked the wonderfiul girl working the counter if there were any HE, there were 3 xbox, 1 ps3. i told her i wanted one for 360, and grabbed a 4000 point card. she rang both up, and no dice on the discounted card. she tried with a vanilla edition, and it worked, but she could not get it to work on the HE. i went ahead and bought the HE with 2 of my $20 coupons, figuring that this was true, i could not get the card discount with the HE. Now i have been reading all of these posts, and it seems that people have gotten the cards at other kmarts. i really would like to get the HE, the point card, and say, Rock band 3 to get the 15/35 coupons. Anyone have suggestions? I know im probably being a pain in the ass and just re-asking the same questions, but i worked all night, and my head is spinning from all these numbers running through my head. haha.

P.S it would be amazing to be able to use the 15/35 on the bogo next week

After reading this thread for the past 2 weeks, in the end, I decided to go and buy MW3 at Toys R Us. Just the possibility of having problems at Kmart, based on past experience, about this coupons and whether employees are helpful and the fact that I literally have to "hope" that the system takes it is to much trouble than its worth for me.

Still hoping to use my $20 LotR coupon on next weeks B1G1 half deal.

I'm new to the whole coupon thing: I can use coupons on console purchases (new PS3), not just software, correct?

Went to store #4198 in Columbus, GA. Not the one I usually go to, but Stock Boy said it was the only one in the area getting Hardened Edition, and then only one copy. Everything went much smoother than expected. I had to wait a bit, as there was a meeting when the store opened, and the game wasn't on the shelves yet. One of the workers brought out two copies each of PS3 and 360 and asked which I wanted, and I asked about the Hardened edition. She went to check, and came back with the only copy. Bought that and a copy of Hot Shots Golf PS3, coupons printed out without a hitch. Great experience overall.

[quote name='KurtisEbear']So...I got to my local kmart (Wilkes Barre, PA) around 815, and asked the wonderfiul girl working the counter if there were any HE, there were 3 xbox, 1 ps3. i told her i wanted one for 360, and grabbed a 4000 point card. she rang both up, and no dice on the discounted card. she tried with a vanilla edition, and it worked, but she could not get it to work on the HE. i went ahead and bought the HE with 2 of my $20 coupons, figuring that this was true, i could not get the card discount with the HE. Now i have been reading all of these posts, and it seems that people have gotten the cards at other kmarts. i really would like to get the HE, the point card, and say, Rock band 3 to get the 15/35 coupons. Anyone have suggestions? I know im probably being a pain in the ass and just re-asking the same questions, but i worked all night, and my head is spinning from all these numbers running through my head. haha.

P.S it would be amazing to be able to use the 15/35 on the bogo next week[/QUOTE]

I recommend you just get the Hardened Edition and Rock Band 3 and take the $50 in coupons. It's already been discussed that the discount on the Live or MS Point card comes off the games portion of the transaction and can screw up your $110 amount for coupons. So spending $120 on games and getting the $20 discount off a Point card will knock you down to $100 on software and only give you a $15 coupon.

[quote name='confoosious']Create a new SKU for Mw3+card = $89.99. Make sure it's under "gaming software". Suck it up on the fact that the 29.99 is counting towards the $110.

Post the SKU on gamer.Kmart.com in case cashier doesn't get the internal memo.

I've solved your problem! (except how to activate the card)[/QUOTE]
Good suggestion bud, actually not possible :) But thank you. Interesting note from IT though says the transaction discount should not affect the threshold.

Is it sad I trust you guys more than them.....hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back