KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the coupons on BOGO. I'll be picking up two games instead of just one then that week!

Probably Saints Row 3 and Halo, even though the prices are different, I'm not ready for another AC yet and none of the other games are too interesting to me. Maybe rayman?

[quote name='JoeCamNet']I recommend you just get the Hardened Edition and Rock Band 3 and take the $50 in coupons. It's already been discussed that the discount on the Live or MS Point card comes off the games portion of the transaction and can screw up your $110 amount for coupons. So spending $120 on games and getting the $20 discount off a Point card will knock you down to $100 on software and only give you a $15 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response. That does make perfect sense now that you put it into a perspective on my particular situation. Maybe ill wait until there is a response on if there can be a fix on the card issue to move forward on a return/rebuy. Thanks for being helpful!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Good suggestion bud, actually not possible :) But thank you. Interesting note from IT though says the transaction discount should not affect the threshold.

Is it sad I trust you guys more than them.....hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty sure it wouldn't be thateasy to solve.

Is the problem that you need an actual UPC?

If the 4000 MS point card is deducting from the $110 for the $50 in coupons, can't we just email Josh or whoever and get them to send us the $50 in gift cards? That's what worked for me when my Uncharted 3 coupon didn't print and they sent me a $25 gift card to make up for it. They haven't arrived here in time for me to use them, but at least I got it fixed up.

I was planning on picking up Uncharted 3 + MW3 for the $50 coupons and also a 4000 MS point card for $29.99 at lunch today, but i'll hold for in hopes you can come up with something to make sure it works properly.

This will be my first time returning to Kmart after a one of the worst purchasing experiences last year regarding Starcraft 2 sale, and i'm hoping everything will just work out smoothly this time.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Good suggestion bud, actually not possible :) But thank you. Interesting note from IT though says the transaction discount should not affect the threshold.

Is it sad I trust you guys more than them.....hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

It's not sad, it says a lot actually that you're relying on in store experience rather than people who say it will work.

That said, it is disheartening that the thread is now entitled MW3 Special and the special doesn't work. That's not a criticism of you Josh. I think everyone knows how dedicated you are.

And for the CAG who waited only to have some jerk face lady lay claim to his hardened edition, I would have insisted that they call the manager prior to selling it to her. Even though I know she would have gotten it, I would have made the experience as long and agitating for her as possible. People who are devoid of common courtesy piss me off. :hot:

Everything went smooth picked up 2 mw3 regular editions and I used my 20 dollar bf3 coupon. Both coupons printed out fine.

[quote name='Davivascaino']Can I use the 50 dollars coupon next week to buy a 60 bucks game? There is no restriction regarding the final amount after coupon?[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Have fun :)[/QUOTE]

Nice, might want to tell whoever does the posts on the Facebook page as they are saying otherwise.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Have fun :)[/QUOTE]
I had no doubt it wouldn't work but it's great to have official confirmation.
Thanks. I guess I'll cancel my Newegg preorder for Halo. $10 off of MSRP is good but having coupons to use on a BOGO is a better deal.

Is there any way we could see another deal on points soon? Like maybe a 'Buy X Game, Get Free 1600 MSP Card' or something? Since we are running into issues with this. We know the BOGO-type events always seem to work with points cards (if stores have them, that is).

I got a small problem, I help my friend buy a 12 month card today along with mw3 but when I get home, I notice the paper tab that cover is the serial number is missing. Is the card safe?

called Kmart (Victor NY) @ 9 am i was told by a guy they have the MW3 HE before heading out i called again to make sure they have the HE for PS3, i was told by the lady yes and they have it available for both console and they have the regular editions also. got there by 930 am and 2 guys in the counter told me they havent gotten the delivery yet. WTF!!! they have 3 copies of regular MW3 for both cosole though.

I will say this about the Penn Station Kmart - if anyone is looking for Hardened Editions you may want to hurry, as when I left at around 7:20am they had 3 Xbox Hardened and 1 PS3 Hardened edition copies left. They actually may very well be gone by now.

Newbslice- Its cause Floriduh sucks. Especially the west side. Just be glad you have 2 stores by you. I only have one and it's in Crystal River. FML.

[quote name='newbslice']Talked to both managers at the Hudson and port richey fl stores and they said they never got any HE copies sent to them how does that happen?[/QUOTE]

It happens. Stock Boy just told me my store didnt get any either.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will say this, if you bought it last night or this morning and have not seen the update I know I will able to help.

I have to work on if there is a way to actually even solve for this.[/QUOTE]

Well it worked out for me, because I just got back and got a Hardened edition (360) and a copy of Uncharted 3, so I was able to get the 4000pt card still and the $50 in coupons. Even used my $20 from Ratchet and Clank All 4 One without issue.

Kudos to K-mart store 7623 also. As usual, the electronics worker was nice and helpful (though I hadn't seen this particular lady before), but all the games were actually out on Tuesday (only the 2nd time I've tried on release day), and the woman had some idea about coupons (though not the specifics of this deal).

Unfortunately my local kmart was out of 4000 points cards, but they did have an Hardened Edition left (one each of 360 and PS3) so I bought that (360) and a copy of Toy Story 3 Wii and got both coupons. I have to say that this was by far the most pleasant experience I've had buying games at kmart. So clearly things have improved a lot. Well, TS3 was not $14.99 as had been posted by Shockandaww, rather $19.99, but I guess I'll just stick with it.

I do really wish I could have gotten a 4000 points card though. Is it possible to go to a different store and return and rebuy to get that deal? I'm not looking to rip off kmart here - I don't want double coupons and don't wish to do that if it would end up doing that, I just would like to know if it's possible to do this so I can get a 4000 points card for $29.99.

Just got denied to purchase two copies of MW3 at my local Redwood City CA Kmart. They were on different consoles! Managements response is they got a memo that its one copy of the game per person. I'm on my way to the san mateo store now.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Just got denied to purchase two copies of MW3 at my local Redwood City CA Kmart. They were on different consoles! Managements response is they got a memo that its one copy of the game per person. I'm on my way to the san mateo store now.[/QUOTE]

That is idiotic. We could sell our stock now, or wait for a potential sale. Hmmm....

[quote name='Davivascaino']Can I use the 50 dollars coupon next week to buy a 60 bucks game? There is no restriction regarding the final amount after coupon?[/QUOTE]

Why couldn't you? You'd be left paying $10+tax. That's how a coupon works

[quote name='bgame2']It's not sad, it says a lot actually that you're relying on in store experience rather than people who say it will work.

That said, it is disheartening that the thread is now entitled MW3 Special and the special doesn't work. That's not a criticism of you Josh. I think everyone knows how dedicated you are.

And for the CAG who waited only to have some jerk face lady lay claim to his hardened edition, I would have insisted that they call the manager prior to selling it to her. Even though I know she would have gotten it, I would have made the experience as long and agitating for her as possible. People who are devoid of common courtesy piss me off.
:hot:[/QUOTE]

After I read your comment, I went to go find the actual post to which you're referring and holy crap. What a bitch. The CAG waited in line, it should be his. I'd not allow that to go on layaway when not only was the CAG going to buy it right now, but he should've been given first chance at it given when he arrived.

My store supposedly received (5 HE copies each) and they sold out at 8:05. Good that more people come to my store, but too bad I dint get any :cry: (one of their premier customers :cool:).....

Josh, there were no 4000 points cards, and the weekly ad only shows the 12 month discount and not the points card. Is there anyway I can get the card (2 actually - I bought 2 xbox games) at a different store and get the discount or a GC? I would appreciate it. Thanks

So The Kmart I went to had no idea about the 4000 point card deal plus they had no points cards in stock.

Why do you have these kind of deals if you don't even have the cards. Plus since the deal wasn't in the advertisement the guy thought I was full of shit. Which was fine because I walked out with nothing.

You lost a sale from me today but if your B1G1 50% off sale works properly next week I will be buying MW3 and Elder Scrolls then. I was planning on buying Elder Scrolls and Rayman or Assassin's Creed: Revelations during that sale but whatever.

Kmart is hit and miss again with its sales.

So basically, the points card isn't supposed to be counting toward the 110, but it is? Sorry, this thread is a mess to read.

I bought the hardened edition and a 4000 point card but i only got a 15 dollar coupon.i also used a 20 dollar gaming coupon from battlefield 3.why did i only get $15 gaming coupon

[quote name='rp71284']Picked up 2 MW3 in Columbus, OH (reg versions) + 4000.points card w/o issue. Got $20 off and both coupons.[/QUOTE]

How did your receipt look? Did both MW3 come up as 59.99 and then the point card at 30.00? Or was one of the MW3s deducted to 39.99 while the card remained at 50.00?

Silly question and sounds nit picky but it affects if I can jump on the deal or not.

[quote name='Stinky pepet']I bought the hardened edition and a 4000 point card but i only got a 15 dollar coupon.i also used a 20 dollar gaming coupon from battlefield 3.why did i only get $15 gaming coupon[/QUOTE]

That is correct. Point cards don't count toward the total. It needs to be $110+ in games. That was made pretty clear in the thread over and over.

[quote name='bobphone']So basically, the points card isn't supposed to be counting toward the 110, but it is? Sorry, this thread is a mess to read.[/QUOTE]

For now we probably should have this on every page. Basically the card can't be discounted so the system is taking the $20 off of MW3 bringing your total below 110 on gaming software. As a result you only get the $15 coupon.

[quote name='Stinky pepet']I bought the hardened edition and a 4000 point card but i only got a 15 dollar coupon.i also used a 20 dollar gaming coupon from battlefield 3.why did i only get $15 gaming coupon[/QUOTE]

Point cards are not gaming SOFTWARE. The deal is strictly for gaming SOFTWARE and has been made clear since it was first announced. You spent less than $110 in gaming SOFTWARE, thus the $15 coupon.

[quote name='bobphone']So basically, the points card isn't supposed to be counting toward the 110, but it is? Sorry, this thread is a mess to read.[/QUOTE]

The discount on the XBOX cards aren't supposed to negatively affect the $110 software threshold, as the cards are supposed to be $29.99 for 4000pts or $39.99 for Live (I believe), but it seems as though they ring up with a generic $20 discount off the total which (at least for some people) is bringing the gaming software total under $110.

That's my understanding at least.

Has anyone successfully brought a regular version of mw3 + another $59.99 game and gotten the $50 GC while also picking up a 4000MS point card for 29.99?

just stopped by my store here in st. louis. had about ten copies and picked up one along with the 12 month xbox live no problem with the discount on the xbox live and $15 coupon.

The guy working the register also told me he had 2 copies of the hardened edition but said someone is already on there way to pick up at least one.

[quote name='guccibro']just stopped by my store here in st. louis. had about ten copies and picked up one along with the 12 month xbox live no problem with the discount on the xbox live and $15 coupon.

The guy working the register also told me he had 2 copies of the hardened edition but said someone is already on there way to pick up at least one.[/QUOTE]
Which one in STL? I go to the one in Florissant, as I don't think anybody thinks games exist there. So far, every sale or big release, they've had plenty in stock. :bouncy:

Apparently you didn't read the deal. You have to buy $110 or higher of gaming software. Point cards don't count toward the total.

So basically, reading 1 line of text pushes your brain to its limit? Its clearly stated in the OP and answered a thousand times since the deal was announced. If its still too hard a concept for you, then prehaps you should spend your money on Hooked on Phonics instead.

Now I have a few questions which aren't clearly answered in the OP:

The total purchase must at least equal the total value of the coupon pre-tax

Actually I think the above is clear, but I just want to be absolutely sure. Is it correct, then, that I can not use the $35 and $15 coupons to buy a copy of Legend of Zelda Skward Sword since it's 1 cent less than $50?

The exception is when you expect multiple coupons for multiple items from the same promo - in that case, they need to be rung up separately

This is related to the above. Does this mean that I can't use the $15 and $35 together on one item anyway, since these were both acquired in the same purchase/promotion? Or are they different such that I could use it on one item?

[quote name='crunchewy']Now I have a few questions which aren't clearly answered in the OP:

Actually I think the above is clear, but I just want to be absolutely sure. Is it correct, then, that I can not use the $35 and $15 coupons to buy a copy of Legend of Zelda Skward Sword since it's 1 cent less than $50?

This is related to the above. Does this mean that I can't use the $15 and $35 together on one item anyway, since these were both acquired in the same purchase/promotion? Or are they different such that I could use it on one item?[/QUOTE]

You will be able to use the $35 and the $15 coupon together in the same transaction as long as it's $50 or over, which Zelda is not so you would need a filler item.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Which one in STL? I go to the one in Florissant, as I don't think anybody thinks games exist there. So far, every sale or big release, they've had plenty in stock. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

tried going to the store on cross keys next to hazelwood central but nothing i wanted. so went ways past a little bit to the west florissant store by the the walmart and had everything. the 12 months subscrip, 10 copies of regular mw3, points card, and as i was leaving the old guy told me he had 2 hardened editions he was selling for 99.99 each. i said no thanks, can only afford regular lol.

[quote name='Greyline108']Went to store #4198 in Columbus, GA. Not the one I usually go to, but Stock Boy said it was the only one in the area getting Hardened Edition, and then only one copy. Everything went much smoother than expected. I had to wait a bit, as there was a meeting when the store opened, and the game wasn't on the shelves yet. One of the workers brought out two copies each of PS3 and 360 and asked which I wanted, and I asked about the Hardened edition. She went to check, and came back with the only copy. Bought that and a copy of Hot Shots Golf PS3, coupons printed out without a hitch. Great experience overall.[/QUOTE]

The Macon Rd store has always beeen, surprisingly, one of the stronger stores. Back in the old KMart days of the clearances, the employees there used to help me clean the shelves. Good times.

[quote name='crunchewy']Now I have a few questions which aren't clearly answered in the OP:

This is related to the above. Does this mean that I can't use the $15 and $35 together on one item anyway, since these were both acquired in the same purchase/promotion? Or are they different such that I could use it on one item?[/QUOTE]
No $50 coupon on Zelda, correct.

The $15 and $35 should be fine, just you couldn't use two $35 from this weeks promo in the same transaction.

[quote name='crunchewy']Actually I think the above is clear, but I just want to be absolutely sure. Is it correct, then, that I can not use the $35 and $15 coupons to buy a copy of Legend of Zelda Skward Sword since it's 1 cent less than $50?[/QUOTE]

That is correct. You can either purchase something else to push your total over $50 or just use one of the coupons on Zelda.

[quote name='crunchewy']This is related to the above. Does this mean that I can't use the $15 and $35 together on one item anyway, since these were both acquired in the same purchase/promotion? Or are they different such that I could use it on one item?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to use both of the coupons on one transaction. That rule applies when you purchase two of the same game and get coupons with the same dollar amount. For example, buying two copies of Uncharted last week and trying to use both $20 coupons to try and get MW3 for $20 this week, that would not work.

Unfortunately I cant help entirely confirm any issues, but as far as my specific receipt goes, having purchased the CoD HE version + Forza 4 + 4000MS pts, I was able to get both coupons.

On my receipt it simply shows the discount as "Xbox Live Card 20.00-" AFTER everything else right before tax and the total. So it lists everything else at full price, then the discount at the end, and it isnt subtracting the actual game value on mine.

As others have said, the issue simply must be that the discount is applying to the overall "game software" aspect despite not actually changing CoD from 59.99 to 39.99.

For Josh, I would think the trick would be getting the "Xbox Live Card 20.00-" discount to apply to something OTHER than gaming software (if possible), perhaps gaming hardware.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']That is correct. You can either purchase something else to push your total over $50 or just use one of the coupons on Zelda.

What happens if I purchase another $49.99 game with Zelda, but then have to return one of them, is the amount of the coupons split between both games equally, or will I only lose the penny left over that could not be applied to the game I am keeping?

Well this point card situation is disappointing. I may just wait til next week to pick up MW3 during with BOGO 1/2 off. My local kmart didn't have the 4000pts in stock last time I was there anyway :(

Hey Guys,

Just came back from Kmart at Orthodox Street in Philadelphia/PA, and they still had hardened edition for both system. I bought the PS3, because I think it is more hard to find, since I plan to buy the founders code on ebay.

Anyway, I bought the MW3 and the mass effect 2 for ps3 in order to get the 15/35 coupon. I am not planning to keep ME2, because I do not like RPGs. So, can I trade the ME2 for another game next week, take advantage of the sale buy 1 Get one 40% off and use my coupons? I am afraid that if I use the ME2 towards another purchase my coupons will be eliminated??

Thanks

Davi

[quote name='crunchewy']Is it correct, then, that I can not use the $35 and $15 coupons to buy a copy of Legend of Zelda Skward Sword since it's 1 cent less than $50?[/QUOTE]

You can use both coupons on the Zelda Skyword Sword Wii Remote bundle which is $70 I believe, that's what I plan on doing

[quote name='bzchanboy']Just got denied to purchase two copies of MW3 at my local Redwood City CA Kmart. They were on different consoles! Managements response is they got a memo that its one copy of the game per person. I'm on my way to the san mateo store now.[/QUOTE]

Thats not fair. The of limit with all deals was 2 before. I dont see any limit on the blog about this. Its hard to encourage the $120 threshold when I've already ridden the bf3 and uncharted 3 train....Others are getting pairs fine. Whats up Josh? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back