KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RoYz UhMaZinG']Can anyone help me find the best deal on a PS3 or any speculation on where it will be the cheapest on Black Friday? By the way just looking to buy a 160 GB Model with a game. I dunno if I will be needing any accessories though.

Please & Thanks :)[/QUOTE]
Amazon Warehouse Deals would be best but otherwise look at the BF thread. Walmart will have a 160GB bundle for $200 with LBP2 and R&C All 4 One. Amazon will probably have something similar and who knows what Kmart or Best Buy are doing.

Im going to be pissed If I got to k-mart today and they don't have skyrim since they never get games when they come out non tuesdays

[quote name='ShockandAww']Amazon Warehouse Deals would be best but otherwise look at the BF thread. Walmart will have a 160GB bundle for $200 with LBP2 and R&C All 4 One. Amazon will probably have something similar and who knows what Kmart or Best Buy are doing.[/QUOTE]

Is that Walmart deal for their online store too?

I keep hitting this lever and I keep getting an electrical shock. Boy I'm gonna be pissed if I hit it again and there's no cheese!

(I took high school pyschology and I won't take shit from anyone!)

Good morning folks. Another beautiful day in the kmart thread!

[quote name='Murderstorm']Im going to be pissed If I got to k-mart today and they don't have skyrim since they never get games when they come out non tuesdays[/QUOTE]

They always GET the games and have them in the back. Putting them out on a non-Tuesday (or, in lots of cases, a Tuesday :lol:) is a whole different story.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']I'm standing in my KMart right now and they're telling me they don't have skyrim. What's a polite way to say "yes you do. Now find it"?[/QUOTE]

"I emailed corporate this morning to be sure and they assured me all kmarts got their shipments of skyrim and if they are not on display, it's simply because it's in the back and the workers haven't had a chance to put them out yet. I'd like a copy for the 360 please."

[quote name='jhuneycutt']I'm standing in my KMart right now and they're telling me they don't have skyrim. What's a polite way to say "yes you do. Now find it"?[/QUOTE]

"Yes you do. Now find it. Please?"

If someone could post the UPC for you they can look it up that way and see how many they have.

[quote name='RoYz UhMaZinG']Can anyone help me find the best deal on a PS3 or any speculation on where it will be the cheapest on Black Friday? By the way just looking to buy a 160 GB Model with a game. I dunno if I will be needing any accessories though.

Please & Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty confident you'll get the exact same deal anywhere you go on PS3. XB360 will vary. But PS3 should be pretty consistent through the industry. Can't go wrong anywhere you go on BF.

The thing is, someone before me asked for it, so when I walked in the guy was already looking in the back room for it. He just didn't find it and apparently gave up. So he already thinks he's done everything he can.

Edit: I went to customer service and asked them about it. They called back to electronics and the same guy told them he talked to the girl in receiving and that they really never got it. The woman in customer service could see I was very unsatisfied though, so she had someone else go look for it. Surprise they found it. Not that the original guy was in any way apologetic for wasting all of my time when he finally rang me up. Also, the other guy who was asking for skyrim when I got there was long gone, so I guess that's another lost sale for KMart...

[quote name='jhuneycutt']The thing is, someone before me asked for it, so when I walked in the guy was already looking in the back room for it. He just didn't find it and apparently gave up. So he already thinks he's done everything he can.[/QUOTE]

According to Buy.com, the UPCs are:

360: 093155117631

PS3: 093155117624

(FYI, some systems may want 2 extra zeros at the beginning)

Give them whichever one you are looking for and he will know to keep looking.

Josh/Stock Boy here are some of the competitions BF deals on games:
BB: Uncharted 3, Assassins Creed: Rev, NFS: The Run $30 each
WM: Battlefield, Batman, some other crap for $28

Sirs are you confident you can compete with these deals? Edit: This is in no way me attempting to squeeze out some info. I am honestly quite concerned! Ok I'm lying and just want to know.

[quote name='chriscolbert']"yes you do. Now find it. Please?"

if someone could post the upc for you they can look it up that way and see how many they have.[/quote]

360 upc 0-93155-11763-1
ps3 upc 0-93155-11762-4

[quote name='starshipvelcro']Had a weird experience today at Kmart. Got skyrim, MW3, and a 4000 points card and...everything worked perfectly! Got the 20 off the card and the $35 and $15 coupons. The guy working the register even knew about the deals and told me them when he was ringing it up. He even told me next weeks deal. It was refreshing![/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming this. I'm planning to do the same thing today and was worried that the points card glitch reported earlier this week hadn't been fixed yet (that is, $20 was being taken off the games which led to the $110 threshold not being met).

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh/Stock Boy here are some of the competitions BF deals on games:
BB: Uncharted 3, Assassins Creed: Rev, NFS: The Run $30 each
WM: Battlefield, Batman, some other crap for $28

Sirs are you confident you can compete with these deals? Edit: This is in no way me attempting to squeeze out some info. I am honestly quite concerned! Ok I'm lying and just want to know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm shocked by some of these aggressive pricing. Kmart will definitely compete but some of these loss leading offers like Uncharted 3, Batman at Walmart, AC: Revelations, BF3, the EA titles in general are surprising. Should be a hot Black Friday for everyone.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Where did you get Best Buy's ad? I'd like to check it out. [/QUOTE]

Someone posted it in the Black Friday thread here on CAG: http://bfads.net/Ad/Best-Buy-2011

The only one he is off on is AC: Revelations, it is $35 not 30.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Them having Batman is a retailer exclusive. Warner, Take2, THQ, provide specific titles that only 1 retailer can run so you won't see anyone else with Batman on sale for BF (except Amazon who will likely match everyone).[/QUOTE]

Best Buy also has Batman: AC for $30.

I hate to rub it in, but I successfully got Uncharted 3 and Skyrim (PS3) this morning at the 44111 store :)

Skyrim was actually sitting on the electronics counter with all sorts of Harry Potter business (BD, game). Oddly enough, PS3 only. I'm sure the girl is used to me buying PS3 games by now, but I didn't think she was telepathic and knew I was coming!

Almost glossed over MGS HD in the shelf, but I think I'll save that next week and get it for free... or maybe tomorrow so I can get the $15 and not have to find "something" to cover that 1 cent.

Also, the coupons specifically PROHIBIT use with Buy One Get One deals. Stacking the coupons is fine as always, as long as the offer IDs do not match (my $15 and $35 offer IDs did not match).

The unanswered issue for next week nobody has seemed to ask.

Skyrim + Halo: CEA = $60 + $20

What if you have a $30 gaming coupon? Tt's going to try and apply it to the $20 product and not go through in all likelihood.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']The unanswered issue for next week nobody has seemed to ask.

What if you have a $30 gaming coupon, it's going to try and apply it to the $20 product and not go through in all likelihood.[/QUOTE]

The coupon takes off of your total, should be no problem.

Well, after viewing Best Buy's Black Friday ad, I'm going to go with Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 next Sunday as for my last stop on the coupon train. I highly doubt these two titles will get any deals on Black Friday now that Walmart and Best Buy will not be discounting either of them (yes, now that I've typed that I'm sure the day after I buy and open them another retailer will reveal their Black Friday ad with both titles being offered < $30 #-o).

And even if they do, $35+tax for each game ($90 - $20 Battlefield 3 coupon = $70) is still a hell of a deal.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']The unanswered issue for next week nobody has seemed to ask.

What if you have a $30 gaming coupon? Tt's going to try and apply it to the $20 product and not go through in all likelihood.[/QUOTE]

Nobody has asked because it will work fine. People have used that $30 coupon on several clearance games (none of which were over $30) and it works fine. It's all based on the total, not individual games.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Nobody has asked because it will work fine. People have used that $30 coupon on several clearance games (none of which were over $30) and it works fine. It's all based on the total, not individual games.[/QUOTE]

That isn't accurate. I've gone in with a $20 coupon prior and couldn't have that deducted from two $19.99 purchases.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Where did you get Best Buy's ad? I'd like to check it out. First off, Uncharted 3 is a MAP violation so they are going to lose a crap-load of money in that ad. Assassin's they are likely doing unfunded too (by funded I mean when we make ads, most publishers provide you with x% $ for each copy you sell to keep it so you don't lose (much) money). Yes, I used a parentheses within a parentheses.So those two I would not expect many other people to run.

For Walmart, they went crazy, they make up for not doing any good deals all year to being industry loss-leaders on their BF deals. I would be surprised if you see many other people match their BF3, Gears 3, Forza 4, Madden, Fifa prices. Them having Batman is a retailer exclusive. Warner, Take2, THQ, provide specific titles that only 1 retailer can run so you won't see anyone else with Batman on sale for BF (except Amazon who will likely match everyone). And Walmart is breaking MAP on the Zelda golden remote bundle which is crazy, although I don't expect them to have much since that should sell out Sunday when the game comes out

All that being said, we have some competitive offers and some titles you don't see on their ads. We are also toying with what we did last year where if we think we will be beat on price we will throw in gaming coupon to make up the difference. Expect us to compete just know there are some titles/games we can't touch like Uncharted 3, Assassin's, Batman, Halo Anniversary, Skyrim, WWE, Saint's Row, Zelda.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the Uncharted 3 for $30 did seem crazy. They should sell a crap ton of PS3s with a deal like that along with a $200 PS3 bundle.

Either way I'll probably be using my $100 in coupons next week at Kmart to get 4 new releases for a total of $80 + tax. BF can't beat that.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']That isn't accurate. I've gone in with a $20 coupon prior and couldn't have that deducted from two $19.99 purchases.[/QUOTE]
It is accurate normally. $19.99 + 19.99 = $39.98 which is greater than $20 which is what should be all that mattered. Someone screwed something up somewhere if it didnt work. You obviously had both of those $19.99 games in one transaction right?

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']That isn't accurate. I've gone in with a $20 coupon prior and couldn't have that deducted from two $19.99 purchases.[/QUOTE]
It is accurate normally. $19.99 + 19.99 = $39.98 which is greater than $20 which is what should be all that mattered. Someone screwed something up somewhere if it didnt work. You obviously had both of those $19.99 games in one transaction right?

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Someone posted it in the Black Friday thread here on CAG: http://bfads.net/Ad/Best-Buy-2011

The only one he is off on is AC: Revelations, it is $35 not 30.

Best Buy also has Batman: AC for $30.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks. Does Best Buy have 1 platform of Batman and Walmart the other or are they both running PS3 and XB360? If that's the case then I've been working on some mis-information from my Warner rep.

[quote name='ShockandAww']It is accurate normally. $19.99 + 19.99 = $39.98 which is greater than $20 which is what should be all that mattered. Someone screwed something up somewhere if it didnt work. You obviously had both of those $19.99 games in one transaction right?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Both were in the same transaction.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Nice, thanks. Does Best Buy have 1 platform of Batman and Walmart the other or are they both running PS3 and XB360? If that's the case then I've been working on some mis-information from my Warner rep.[/QUOTE]
They each have both.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy'] Does Best Buy have 1 platform of Batman and Walmart the other or are they both running PS3 and XB360? If that's the case then I've been working on some mis-information from my Warner rep.[/QUOTE]

Both Walmart and Best Buy are PS3 and 360 for Batman.

So I went to my store today in Waterville, Maine and had to wait for like a half an hour even though I was there before most the other people getting helped. They had higher ups in the section and I had to get them to take games out for me and I had to point out to them, "I know games usually come out on Tuesday, but one of the biggest games of the year is actually out today and you do not have it on the shelves." They looked horrified and rushed out back to check. I'm waiting until next week for Skyrim, so it was not a big deal, but then I went to a different store and they did not have Skyrim out either. I did get my second batch of coupons no problem though.

Wal Mart has some kickass deals but i am simply NOT subjecting myself to going there anywhere near opening on black friday again. what a fucking mess it was last year. I went for some of the $10 PS3 greatest hits.

Basically a bunch of slack jawed, no manners fucktards who had barricaded each of the displays that they had with the black friday games by putting shopping carts in front of them so nobody else could get anything before they dumped it into their carts. And the employees just standing there, not caring that they were blocking everybody else's way.

Also, the overwhelming stink of cigarettes and chewing tobacco. never again.

[quote name='jer7583']
Also, the overwhelming stink of cigarettes and chewing tobacco. never again.[/QUOTE]

What?! I love the smell of redneck cologne in the morning!

I just stroll into walmart at like 2-3 and if they have it, cool. if not, oh well. It's really not worth fighting the idiot crowds.

[quote name='confoosious']I just stroll into walmart at like 2-3 and if they have it, cool. if not, oh well. It's really not worth fighting the idiot crowds.[/QUOTE]
That's what I do. I just dig through the leftovers and look everywhere and there's a decent chance something good is still hiding.

[quote name='confoosious']What?! I love the smell of redneck cologne in the morning!

I just stroll into walmart at like 2-3 and if they have it, cool. if not, oh well. It's really not worth fighting the idiot crowds.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's what i'll be doing this year. I was already out early in the morning trying to get another deal that didn't work out so I thought i'd stop at walmart since i wanted to go there in the morning anyway. That was some experience.

Guess I'll change Tuesday's purchase to Rayman Origins and Saints Row 3, since it looks neither is getting a Black Friday sale.

I'll just grab Assassin's Creed from Best Buy on BF... they'll most likely have it online, and if they don't, chances are good Amazon will match.

Wish we'd see some good 3DS games on sale... hopefully at K-Mart.

Managed MW3 and Skyrim no problem, but of course it would have been too easy so they had to be out of 4000 point cards. Almost got everything I went for.......one of these years.

My experience is terrible. Montgomery Illinois kmart..I bought Batman and Skyrim. No coupons printed out. Did a return rebuy nothing. The employees said the coupons haven't printed out all week and I could leave my number and the manager would
look into it. They also said there was no guarantee id even get the coupons whatsoever.

and you're certain that you used your kmart Shop your way rewards card and that you are opted in to all emails and stuff?

It's been working for everyone else, i assume you haven't met one of the requirements for the deal.

[quote name='animalspinners']Guess I'll change Tuesday's purchase to Rayman Origins and Saints Row 3, since it looks neither is getting a Black Friday sale.

I'll just grab Assassin's Creed from Best Buy on BF... they'll most likely have it online, and if they don't, chances are good Amazon will match.

Wish we'd see some good 3DS games on sale... hopefully at K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Yup I'm doing the same thing. Rayman and SR3 this week, and using the $50 in coupons towards the purchase (if that works).

[quote name='bigsick']My experience is terrible. I bought Batman and Skyrim. No coupons printed out. Did a return rebut nothing. The employees said the coupons haven't printed out all week and I could leave my number and the manager would
look into it.[/QUOTE]

My brother and I went and got a copy of Skyrim each this morning and the cashier said he didn't think he could split the costs between us (me use cash and my brother use a credit card). So in the confusion we just put all the purchase on the card and forgot to have him scan a rewards card, so no coupons.

Walked up to customer service, returned, re-bought. Made sure to have the rewards card scanned first and our coupons printed fine. Overall our whole time in the store couldnt have been more than 10 minutes. Service was fast and friendly, despite the original cashier being slightly confused, he asked why we both didnt just pay separately and i showed him the ad where it mentioned $50 coupon.

Can't wait to come back Tuesday. Thanks for the deal SHC team!

[quote name='jer7583']and you're certain that you used your kmart Shop your way rewards card and that you are opted in to all emails and stuff?

It's been working for everyone else, i assume you haven't met one of the requirements for the deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm positive. Scanned my card both times. They said it wasn't working earlier in the week when modern warfare came out either.

I currently have a $20 gaming coupon and would like to use it to buy Skyrim. I know that in order to get that $15 gaming coupon though, the pre-tax amount has to be $40. So, has anyone had luck purchasing a $20 XBL card with the Skyrim game and getting the $15 coupon? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on good clearance games around $10-$20? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='vc318']I currently have a $20 gaming coupon and would like to use it to buy Skyrim. I know that in order to get that $15 gaming coupon though, the pre-tax amount has to be $40. So, has anyone had luck purchasing a $20 XBL card with the Skyrim game and getting the $15 coupon? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on good clearance games around $10-$20? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

You won't need filler. Just Skyrim with the $20 coupon will still get you the $15 coupon.

[quote name='bigsick']I'm positive. Scanned my card both times. They said it wasn't working earlier in the week when modern warfare came out either.[/QUOTE]

well i dunno, it's supposed to work. worst case is you email kmartgamerhelpme in the first post and they'll help credit you the value. If you can photograph or scan your receipt it helps a lot. They mailed me a $20 gift card when one of the deals didn't work properly.

Last Black Friday, some district manager at a Walmart had the idea to leave the glass cases open to attract more customers. Needless to say, that store experienced a rash of theft shortly after, which sucked because they had some potentially good deals according to the inventory checker online.

[quote name='Preedatore']You won't need filler. Just Skyrim with the $20 coupon will still get you the $15 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's awesome. Thanks. :)

Do you have to show them the card to get the gaming coupon or can you give them your phone number?

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yeah, I'm shocked by some of these aggressive pricing. Kmart will definitely compete but some of these loss leading offers like Uncharted 3, Batman at Walmart, AC: Revelations, BF3, the EA titles in general are surprising. Should be a hot Black Friday for everyone.[/QUOTE]Stock Boy, there's something that I've been wondering: Last December, Kmart had a deal on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood that was something like "$39.99 w/ $20 coupon". I had a $20 or $25 coupon then (can't remember which), and I don't regret getting in on that deal. Was that a one-time kind of deal (i.e. did that break MAP?) or is there a possibility that something similar could happen for AC: Revelations?

[quote name='Vigilante']Stock Boy, there's something that I've been wondering: Last December, Kmart had a deal on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood that was something like "$39.99 w/ $20 coupon". I had a $20 or $25 coupon then (can't remember which), and I don't regret getting in on that deal. Was that a one-time kind of deal (i.e. did that break MAP?) or is there a possibility that something similar could happen for AC: Revelations?[/QUOTE]

The post seems to be edited / deleted (not sure what happened?) but I could have sworn Stock Boy said don't expect to see any deals on Assassins Creed, Halo, Saints Row 3 and a few other games at K-Mart on BF because of MAP, and that other stores were breaking it for BF.

If I had to guess, I'd wager the other stores can break MAP and get away with it because Best Buy and Wal-Mart are such retail juggernauts, especially for game sales. K-Mart, being on the smaller side, doesn't have that much weight to throw around and has to play by the rules.

Luckily it got quoted, here is the exact quote:

All that being said, we have some competitive offers and some titles you don't see on their ads. We are also toying with what we did last year where if we think we will be beat on price we will throw in gaming coupon to make up the difference. Expect us to compete just know there are some titles/games we can't touch like Uncharted 3, Assassin's, Batman, Halo Anniversary, Skyrim, WWE, Saint's Row, Zelda.

So don't expect an AC deal at all.

It looks like the Doritos/Mt. Dew offer is still alive. Can anyone confirm?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it mean that if I buy $20 worth of Doritos/Mt. Dew products today, I would get a $10 coupon that will expire tomorrow?

[quote name='greggysasaki']It looks like the Doritos/Mt. Dew offer is still alive. Can anyone confirm?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it mean that if I buy $20 worth of Doritos/Mt. Dew products today, I would get a $10 coupon that will expire tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
I was able to get the coupon this morning and already used it towards buying MW3/Goldeneye without checking the expiration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back