KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shiftymcneely']I hope my Kmart still has Skyrim copies available on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

It seems like most stores got a decent amount, so I'd say your chances are pretty good

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Maybe Kmart is sick of Amazon and their 'matching', so they are waiting to reveal it.[/QUOTE]

I think amazon is too busy matching Wal-Mart to pay much attention to K-mart.

[quote name='Methamphetamine']Anyone know if stores price match Black Friday ads? Like if I went to Kmart with a Walmart ad would they refuse? :lol:[/QUOTE]

yes, they would refuse since Kmart doesn't match any retailers at all.

Buying Mario in the morning. Didn't expect to be up this late, though. Guess I'll wait a bit beyond the store opening. Not expecting a problem getting it, though.

So. Yesterday I swung by Kmart and picked up the new Rabbids game for 360. Used my card as always and to my surprise, a $15 gaming coupon printed out despite me already getting two sets of $50 coupons.
Think I'm good to use all 3 of the $15 coupons I got? I don't see why I SHOULDN'T be ok considering they all printed out and have unique barcodes...
Perhaps the limit isn't hardcoded but more or less there to scare away hoarders, resellers and general assholish people who would take advantage of the coupon offer?
Guess I'll find out through the week when I plan to use all of them.

Kmart is a joke of a company. I bought Battlefield 3 and Gears 3 yesterday. I used my $30 voucher from Batman. I watched a series of papers print from the register and was given the first 3 receipts while the cashier kept the last two and did something else with them. I realized that I only received the $15 voucher and he acted stupid and told me he didn't know why it didn't print and I should go to customer service.

At customer service, they played stupid for a while. Called a manager a couple times then told me that I didn't get the $35 voucher because the $30 Batman voucher took my total due below the required $110. So I told them to just refund the games since I only shopped there for the gaming coupons. So they refunded me the my money (less the $30), but told me I was out of the luck in getting compensated for using the original $30 batman voucher.

Then I return home and check my email and find out that the $35 DID, in fact, print. I can only assume that the cashier kept it for his own personal use and then played stupid when confronted about it. So not only didn't I lose my $30 voucher from Batman, but i also was lied to and scammed in regard to the new gaming coupon offer.

I just wanted to pass my experience on to you folks in hope that some people may choose to shop elsewhere and avoid Kmart's awful customer service.

[quote name='steve_dave']Kmart is a joke of a company. I bought Battlefield 3 and Gears 3 yesterday. I used my $30 voucher from Batman. I watched a series of papers print from the register and was given the first 3 receipts while the cashier kept the last two and did something else with them. I realized that I only received the $15 voucher and he acted stupid and told me he didn't know why it didn't print and I should go to customer service.

At customer service, they played stupid for a while. Called a manager a couple times then told me that I didn't get the $35 voucher because the $30 Batman voucher took my total due below the required $110. So I told them to just refund the games since I only shopped there for the gaming coupons. So they refunded me the my money (less the $30), but told me I was out of the luck in getting compensated for using the original $30 batman voucher.

Then I return home and check my email and find out that the $35 DID, in fact, print. I can only assume that the cashier kept it for his own personal use and then played stupid when confronted about it. So not only didn't I lose my $30 voucher from Batman, but i also was lied to and scammed in regard to the new gaming coupon offer.

I just wanted to pass my experience on to you folks in hope that some people may choose to shop else wear and avoid Kmart's awful customer service.[/QUOTE]

I think you should report this to Josh and see what he can do for you.

[quote name='steve_dave']Kmart is a joke of a company.
I bought Battlefield 3 and Gears 3 yesterday. I used my $30 voucher from Batman. I watched a series of papers print from the register and was given the first 3 receipts while the cashier kept the last two and did something else with them. I realized that I only received the $15 voucher and he acted stupid and told me he didn't know why it didn't print and I should go to customer service.

I just wanted to pass my experience on to you folks in hope that some people may choose to shop elsewhere and avoid Kmart's awful customer service.
[/QUOTE]
Wow that dude needs fired...you dont think it could have been an honest mistake? I mean it'd be a pretty big mistake regardless but you think it was intentional?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Oh man I sure am surprised about this! (not). To whoever was acting like I was the idiot for asking about getting more than 2 sets earlier in the week, go get fucked. Ignorant pricks. And yes I bet you'll be fine to use them.

Wow that dude needs fired...you dont think it could have been an honest mistake? I mean it'd be a pretty big mistake regardless but you think it was intentional?[/QUOTE]

I originally thought that it was a mistake, but then what were the other two things that printed from the register that the kid kept? If it was a mistake he could have corrected it when I asked him about it.

I forgot to mention that the manager's answer was to refund the games and ring them out again to see if the coupons would print. But that would have cost me an additional $30 since I wouldn't get credit for the AC voucher back.

[quote name='steve_dave']I originally thought that it was a mistake, but then what were the other two things that printed from the register that the kid kept? If it was a mistake he could have corrected it when I asked him about it.

I forgot to mention that the manager's answer was to refund the games and ring them out again to see if the coupons would print. But that would have cost me an additional $30 since I wouldn't get credit for the AC voucher back.[/QUOTE]
Yeah if you asked him about it that's some bs. And what the hell is wrong with Kmart and not giving decent CS so often? Mine in particular is great with it from my experience, but when they fuck up like that (screw you out of $30/$35 or whatever it ended up being) the only thing they should have done is give you a refund or a gift card. I'd seriously flip. I know Josh will take care of this kind of thing, but do the Kmart emloyees? Probably not, and if not they apparently think a "sorry" fixes the problem? Seriously? But in the end you still have your $35 coupon since it was emailed right? If this happened to me I'd be screwed as I don't get them emailed for whatever reason. And I wonder what'd happen if the employee did steal it. You could go and try to use it and it could be declined since it may already be used.

so anyone going out today to try the 50$ coupons on the bogo deal for ps3/360 games. Let's see if both the 35$ and 15$ coupons work on the deal, even though Josh said it would.

I was planning of getting Halo AE at Best Buy this week and 3DS Mario Land bundle and zelda SS at BF for a total of 280 before TAX but now I see that THE 50$ for 3DS + Mario Land and wow!

3ds+Mario Land+50$ coupon = 209
Zelda SS bundle + $20 coupon = $20
Halo AE = $20

total = 250.

Do you know when I can use the $20 from Zelda?.
But first I need to know if these games are going to be on sale on BF! Come on Kmart, post de ad!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah if you asked him about it that's some bs. And what the hell is wrong with Kmart and not giving decent CS so often? Mine in particular is great with it from my experience, but when they fuck up like that (screw you out of $30/$35 or whatever it ended up being) the only thing they should have done is give you a refund or a gift card. I'd seriously flip. I know Josh will take care of this kind of thing, but do the Kmart emloyees? Probably not, and if not they apparently think a "sorry" fixes the problem? Seriously? But in the end you still have your $35 coupon since it was emailed right? If this happened to me I'd be screwed as I don't get them emailed for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

No I imagine that the coupon is not any good anymore since I returned the games.

4377 had mario on the counter. Coupon printed (11/20-12/31).
Eletonics lead: they're really pushing the tanooki suit this time.
Me: yeah. Even bowser has a tail.
Elec lead: MY GOD HE DOES!!!

[quote name='Megatim81']4377 had mario on the counter. Coupon printed (11/20-12/31).
Eletonics lead: they're really pushing the tanooki suit this time.
Me: yeah. Even bowser has a tail.
Elec lead: MY GOD HE DOES!!![/QUOTE]
Good to know. I'm going to be getting that + possibly using $50 of my $100 in coupons on the B1G1 half off later. Getting Skyrim but not sure if I should buy MW3 or not. I probably wont even really play it besides Spec Ops.

[quote name='JizzyB69']If you hate braving the crowds, then just purchase the games a few days before BF and just price adjust the games on the day of BF. K-Mart has a 7 day price adjustment policy. I purchased Fallout: New Vegas, AC: Brotherhood, and NFS: HP last year a few days before BF to ensure I got a copy, and just went in on BF and had them all price adjusted at customer service, no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

If I'm planning to do that, I cannot use my coupons on it. Also, if any BF Sales for KMart involves a coupon printing out or bonus SWYR points, then I can't open them as I have to do a return/rebuy.

I know for sure I would have no problems at customer service/returns since one of the managers told me that Memphis is #1 in layaway and that line wraps around the store.

Anyways, I do plan on buying Super Mario 3D Land today.

I won't use my 2 sets of $50 coupons until this week when I buy Rayman, Assassins Creed, Saints Row, and Need for Speed along with the B1G1 half off promo. $80 after promotion. My gawd!

Damn, think I don't need to take a Black Friday shopping trip for games...except for clothes :lol:

Picked up Mario at my local Kmart. The game was not out on the floor nor did the employee know what I was talking about. He went in the back and brought it out though. My only issue was, he would not take 2 $15 coupons. They had different numbers on them but he said the register would not accept it.

[quote name='DomLando']Picked up Mario at my local Kmart. The game was not out on the floor nor did the employee know what I was talking about. He went in the back and brought it out though. My only issue was, he would not take 2 $15 coupons. They had different numbers on them but he said the register would not accept it.[/QUOTE]
Do the 2 coupons have different offer ID #s on them? If not thats why. Cant use 2 coupons from the same promotion.

I had an issue where I bought a game with Skylanders (duh) - they took my info and said they would call me with what they find the next day.
So, Skylanders is not listed as Software in the system which is why I didn't get my gaming coupon.

Yesterday I went back so that I could give Skylanders back and pick something else out instead.

When ringing up my new purchase so I could get my gaming coupons the lady reduced my one game by $10 because I used a $10 coupon on my origial purchase.
She was even explaining this to a new cashier

"See, I reduced Skyrim by $10 because he used a coupon during his original purchase and I want to make sure that he doesn't lose out on that when we refund/rebill (or whatever they call it) because of our system"

That was awesome i thought - I didn't even have to ask, she just did it.

[quote name='steve_dave']I originally thought that it was a mistake, but then what were the other two things that printed from the register that the kid kept? If it was a mistake he could have corrected it when I asked him about it.

I forgot to mention that the manager's answer was to refund the games and ring them out again to see if the coupons would print. But that would have cost me an additional $30 since I wouldn't get credit for the AC voucher back.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vlv723']If I'm planning to do that, I cannot use my coupons on it. Also, if any BF Sales for KMart involves a coupon printing out or bonus SWYR points, then I can't open them as I have to do a return/rebuy.

I know for sure I would have no problems at customer service/returns since one of the managers told me that Memphis is #1 in layaway and that line wraps around the store.

Anyways, I do plan on buying Super Mario 3D Land today.

I won't use my 2 sets of $50 coupons until this week when I buy Rayman, Assassins Creed, Saints Row, and Need for Speed along with the B1G1 half off promo. $80 after promotion. My gawd!

Damn, think I don't need to take a Black Friday shopping trip for games...except for clothes :lol:[/QUOTE]
I think you made a mistake. its 60 plus 30 for the second, so its going to be 97-98 for both games.

About to head to my local Kmart to get Mario 3D .. has been flawless the last few times I went .. using my $20 from Uncharted 3 towards it .. will report back with my experience.

Also, id say yes, $15 for Mario Kart seems right, considering thats what we're getting for Mario Land. I wouldnt mind a $20 spot tho :)

There should be a survey on the bottom of your emailed receipt. You should fill that out because it has a record of the cashier who helped you.

Email Josh.

[quote name='confoosious']There should be a survey on the bottom of your emailed receipt. You should fill that out because it has a record of the cashier who helped you.

Email Josh.[/QUOTE]

I emailed Josh as well as the customer service email on the website. I am also going to make a call to the store manager and his superior. I am appalled.

[quote name='smilee0519']I think you made a mistake. its 60 plus 30 for the second, so its going to be 97-98 for both games.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 sets of $50 coupons and planning to do 2 separate transactions.

$89.98-$50 coupon ($15 and $35 respectively)= $39.98 for two games before sales tax of course.

Using $35 coupon to get Mario 3D Land for $4.99 = Feels so good. :) Also got $50 worth of coupons left to snag the Skyward Sword bundle for $20 and with that coupon I'll be getting Mario Kart 7 for $20 as well. Yays.

Any idea if EVERY Kmart will be getting at least one copy of the Skyward Sword bundle? I'm hoping the humble little Kmart in Anderson, Indiana will get at least one, hopefully you can make that happen :)

[quote name='LouieT']It says "Available Now" under the price.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. I'll be heading out to Kmart in about an hour for Mario. I don't expect to have a problem getting it in the end but based on my Kmart's previous Sunday track record it may or may not be out on the shelves...I'm trying to give them a little extra time today.

[quote name='RXDAWGG']Does anyone know/think if Amazon will match this BOGO this week?[/QUOTE]

Considering they rarely, IF EVER, match these deals. No.

Despite what certain butt inners on here say say, I'm going to be the good guy here. I successfully was able to order the games I wanted online, even though my local Chicago Kmarts are terrible. The deal is live online. My Stores here have none of the games from the offer not one. But You can order everything online with free shipping code HOLIDAY is the code that gives you free shipping with any order over $49 good luck . I ordered St's Row 3rd and Skyrim Seriously thinking about ordering two more games.

Back from the Bloomingdale, IL location. Got the $15 coupon with Mario 3D Land with no trouble.

Got there around a half hour after opening. There was a man working the electronics counter whom I recognized but not one of the usual electronic people. Didn't see the game at either new releases or 3DS areas. Grabbed one of the pamphlets with the release date and told him I was looking for a game out today, showed him the picture and helped find it in the flyer. He called to the back for it.

Another pair of guys came in no more than two minutes later as I browsed and looked toward the DS games. They were looking for Mario as well, and when the clerk asked, he called back again to report the mass of people looking for it now. :) The manager(?) I waited for a week ago brought out the box. Used my $35 coupon from last week, printed the gaming coupon along with a gardening coupon (15% off) and one for $5 off $50 in holiday lighting as well as the Dish ad. Cashier said "There goes a tree...." as he handed it all to me.

Chatted with the other two briefly about KMart and Steam sales. Turns out he's another CAG. (Hi again!)

[quote name='RySenkari']Any idea if EVERY Kmart will be getting at least one copy of the Skyward Sword bundle?[/QUOTE]
I don't have a link, but I believe I recall Stock Boy claiming a quantity around 3 per store.

Edit: Found it. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9049037&postcount=5876

Both fails at my local Kmart's in the Boston area (store 3486 & 3486).

First store had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for the game. Employee went over the glass case and stared at it for a minute or two and said they must not have got it in. I said it didn't release until today and it's probably in the back because it wouldn't have been put out at any point before today. He then said probably not and gave me some story how the shipments got mixed up and to call back later this week.

Second store the guy said he couldn't find it and that he was looking last night.

I usually don't have problems with the games but the Sunday crew's don't seem to have any idea

Do you need to be a SYWR member to do the B1G1 50% off? I wanted to suggest it to my neighbor to get some early Christmas shopping done.

[quote name='KtMack23']Do you need to be a SYWR member to do the B1G1 50% off? I wanted to suggest it to my neighbor to get some early Christmas shopping done.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about in store but online you do not have to be.

Same situation as everyone else: wasn't in the glass case, employee had to get it out of the back.

No issues though, he went back and got it immediately once I said it was out today, and the $15 coupon printed just fine.

[quote name='KtMack23']Do you need to be a SYWR member to do the B1G1 50% off? I wanted to suggest it to my neighbor to get some early Christmas shopping done.[/QUOTE]
Someone mentioned the BOGO being in the ad and that you don't need to be a SYWR member because of that, but I don't have the flyer in front of me and don't wish to speculate.

"Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will not be available at Kmart."

Is there any specific reason for this? I find it strange considering I havent seen a game on 360/PS3 that is popular specifically not carried by a big a retailer. Its also a bummer since its a 39.99 title. it would have paired with buying a halo there.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Do the 2 coupons have different offer ID #s on them? If not thats why. Cant use 2 coupons from the same promotion.[/QUOTE]

Yes they both had different ID numbers.

[quote name='bonebreak2000']"Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will not be available at Kmart."

Is there any specific reason for this? I find it strange considering I havent seen a game on 360/PS3 that is popular specifically not carried by a big a retailer. Its also a bummer since its a 39.99 title. it would have paired with buying a halo there.[/QUOTE]

Because the first one didn't sell well enough for them so they still have a bunch on the shelves, and this one is only coming out 9 months after.

First bad experience at Kmart in a long time. No Mario in the case and I couldn't find anyone around electronics to ask. May try again in a few hours or just try on Tuesday when I do the BOGO.

Edit: Could someone please post the Mario UPC? I can't even find Mario on the website for some reason.

[quote name='bonebreak2000']"Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will not be available at Kmart."

Is there any specific reason for this? I find it strange considering I havent seen a game on 360/PS3 that is popular specifically not carried by a big a retailer. Its also a bummer since its a 39.99 title. it would have paired with buying a halo there.[/QUOTE]

This has been discussed quite a bit in the last few days and this is the best explanation based on what Josh said a while back.

[quote name='rawrker']The initial version had low sales at Kmart, and Capcom didn't allow any concessions for Kmart to dump its inventory of the original game which is all but useless now. So there are too many copies in all stores to want to have a slightly upgraded version sitting right next to it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='terra-kun']FYI the $15 coupon for purchase of $40 in gaming software does not apply to gaming cards. I bought 2 $20 cash cards (3DS and PS3) and didn't get the coupon. I even asked the employee if I would get the $15 coupon, and he said "it should work, lets try it." Well I tried it, it failed, and guess what, gaming cards are non-refundable.[/QUOTE]

It's been mentioned on here 1 billion times that gaming cards are not software.

[quote name='udryguy']Both fails at my local Kmart's in the Boston area (store 3486 & 3486).

First store had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for the game. Employee went over the glass case and stared at it for a minute or two and said they must not have got it in. I said it didn't release until today and it's probably in the back because it wouldn't have been put out at any point before today. He then said probably not and gave me some story how the shipments got mixed up and to call back later this week.

Second store the guy said he couldn't find it and that he was looking last night.

I usually don't have problems with the games but the Sunday crew's don't seem to have any idea[/QUOTE]

The ONLY helpful person at the Somerville store is Carolyn, and she usually works Tuesdays. I'm kinda glad I didn't go there just now to grab Mario though.

Went to the Billerica store instead. Guy had no idea what I wanted, but I told him to check in the back and he came back out w/ a box of them. Used a $35 on each of them, $5.30 out of pocket. Really nice that I don't have to pay tax on the discounted $35.

Will be back on Tuesday to burn the rest of my credit and get ready for Skyward Sword!

swung by my local K-Mart this morning for the following:

Skyrim (360) $59.99
B1G1 50% off Call of Duty: MW3 (360) $30.00
-$35 coupon
-$15 coupon

=$40 + tax

The coupons stacked with promotion, but the cashier and I had to debate a little bit to get it to go through. After he entered the first coupon, the screen prompted something like "No more items allowed after this. Yes/No". He selected No. He said that the other $15 coupon wouldn't work since the system was telling him no other coupons allowed so he didn't want to go through with the transaction and use my $35 coupon on its own. So then he and I both read the coupons and I read to him how they could be stacked so he went through again and selected Yes. It worked and took both coupons.

I think the "No more items allowed" line may have been meant as actual items to be rung up as opposed to coupons being used. Just letting you guys know in case you run into the same issue and you can also explain it to your cashier...

In any case, I was able to get both games with the coupons and B1G1 50% off stacking (MW3 was stickered on the display as included in the deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back