KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Got two MW3 for xbox. I should have bought them last week to save $50 instead of $30 (can't remember why I didn't do that, must have been because I'm splitting this with my brother and we wanted instant savings instead of credit). Used $15 credit from Kirby Wii for a total of $81.

Local Kmart didn't have Mario yet but the next nearest one does so will be heading there shortly. That credit will be saved for Mario Kart :)

-Update-
Picked up Mario 3DS. $15 coupon printed fine.

No luck here on Mario Land 3DS. Called 3 stores, 2 checked "the back", and nothing. You wouldn't think it would be difficult to have it Sunday like every other store. Guess I shouldn't expect to be able to get Zelda with the coupon next weekend either, or Mario Kart for that matter.

No luck at 2 kmarts for mario 3d. Luckily i called instead of visiting them

the first didnt really know what i was talking about at first. Finally figured it out and said they had to cleanup the area and didn't know if they had it

Second said they didnt get it. Frys got my sale.

For those that this may help, I just came back from the Kmart behind Green Acres Mall In NY, and they didn't have mario land :( that kinda sucks

Another awesome flawless transaction at my local Kmart [#9419]

Mario 3d right in front in glass, used my $20 from Uncharted 3 and got it plus my $15 coupon as quick as lightning.

Also, the same guy who I normally see was working and after a brief conversation, he told me that they would get 1-2 tops of the collectors ed of Zelda next week and he would be holding 1 for me til I got there next Sun ---

Score all around .... Kmart has been amazing the last few months !!

Called asking for Mario and the guy knew instantly. It was already outside behind the glass. Went in and got it without an issue. Coupon printed right out.

Metropolitan Ave, NY store.

Not sure if its been posted but here's mario upc for anyone who wants to check instore availabilty at customer service

0 45496 74172 3

hopefully this will make useful employes out of the unprofessional ones.

my kmart store in lasning il #3343 had none in the case as usual, but a helpful electronics guy who took about a minute to find it in the back, coupon printed out fine

no problem getting super mario 3d land at the Beaumont, CA store, the cashier had to look for it in the back but was able to find it for me. The coupon printed out with no problems.

Thanks for the AWESOME job Josh, keep it up. :D

No super Mario 3d land at the first store (Parma,oh)

They had it in the back stock a the second store (brook park, oh)

Used a $35 coupon and the $15 coupon printed good.

Also, no MGS HD Collection at either stores. Do you think Kmart will be getting more?

Double no on Mario

4988 (Norfolk, VA) didn't have it, and tried checking in the back. She said they had Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics and a bunch of Black Friday stuff, but no Mario.

3365 (also Norfolk, VA) didn't have it, and the guy knew they didn't have it. He mentioned that they still haven't even gotten Skyrim in.

No Mario in the Salem, NH store. Clerk didn't know what I was talking about, so I showed him the flyer, and then he told me it was "sold out." This was before 10 a.m. - wouldn't you have remembered selling numerous copies of it within the past two hours, then? I asked if he could check their inventory. He said they had none in stock. Went to the Toys R Us around the corner.

mario wasnt on the shelf in my store. had the cashier check the boxes behind the counter. she checked like half of them sand said she didnt have it there. i made her check the rest and she found it. used my $30 batman coupon and got my $15 coupon no problem though

[quote name='espionage']I think the "No more items allowed" line may have been meant as actual items to be rung up as opposed to coupons being used.[/QUOTE]
Your guess is correct. I've had to help a cashier more than once with that. He kept wanting to hit No, but I assured him it just meant that we couldn't scan more games and not that it wanted to reject the coupon.

very disappointed in my store. didn't have it out, didn't want to check. refused to check

wish new releases were consistently put out on the shelf on release date early in the morning :/

My local store didn't have Mario 3D out in the case, but they were in the back (looked like 5-6ish copies). Used my $35 coupon and got a $15 coupon no issues. I'm really hoping next week goes as well. Thanks Josh!

how long does it take to get a response from kmartgamerhelp email?

i got screwed over my 35$ coupon, and i contacted them on thursday and still no response..
i need that coupon back before the others expire :(

[quote name='cubeenigma']very disappointed in my store. didn't have it out, didn't want to check. refused to check

wish new releases were consistently put out on the shelf on release date early in the morning :/[/QUOTE]

This is why I kind of hate the fact that it's K-Mart offering all these great deals. 99% of them are ran half-assed by employees that couldn't give two shits about the customers.

Having said that, I had to go to two different stores to get Mario. First store told me if you didn't see in the case, they didn't have. Second store told me they had it in back and went to get it. While I was waiting on them I noticed most of the weeks big releases were already out in the case. (Revelations, Halo, Saints Row, Rayman, Need for Speed) When the clerk came back I asked if they had Saints Row on 360 because I only saw on PS3. She said it wasn't suppose to be out yet and quickly pulled it off the shelf. I didn't mention any of the other games being street dated. Didn't want to ruin it for someone else.

So the Kmart at Penn Station is out of Skyrim for 360. I considered getting the PS3 version but I think I'll wait. Hopefully they get some more in later this week so I can use my $50 coupon before it expires.

Went in to the Valencia, CA store and asked if SML was available, and the employee asked if I had called in to reserve the game, which I hadn't, and he told me he only had one available copy left, so I was fortunate.

I hope this is not going to be something I get to deal with for Zelda next week. If you want the game, drag yourself out of bed in time.

I bought Skyrim & MW3, thinking I'd get the 50% discount, the discount on the XBLA points card, AND the $15+$35 coupons, but I didn't get the 50% discount. I should have read the thread a little closer. :eek:

At least I'm getting a near free game out of the deal, and It looked like I hit the jackpot when the clerk printed my receipt. I'm thinking all my spoils are going to go towards Skyward Sword. Thank you, Big K. :)

Looks like I'll be heading to Kmart on the 15th. Getting SR3 & Skyrim with that buy one get one 50% off deal seems more reasonable to me than hoping and waiting for a deal on black friday. I just hope my local Kmart still has Skyrim in stock when I get there.

^ I'm not sure if I should have held off on the MGS Collection last week. Yowza.

Welp, time to play some more Skyrim.

Picked-up the last copy of Skyrim @ my store this morning, used the $50 coupons from last week. Normally this store is pretty well stocked, but I think the odd Friday release resulted in Skyrim being cleared-out. Just mentioning it in case folks are thinking of going Skyrim+50% game on Tues. It's a tough call to wait and hope Skyrim is still around. Definitely a store-by-store situation.

I got Mario, really nice elderly gentleman at the register told me he had already put it out this morning. Coupon printed out fine, I'm officially on coupon train. Choo-choo

Got my Mario 3D this morning about 15 min after opening. Guy had to go in back to get it, he wondered why a game came out on a Sunday. Then he thought my $35 coupon was fake. Had 4 left after mine. Thanks for the deal Josh.

This was the Kearney store in Springfield, MO.

For anyone in the area, the K-Mart in Berlin, NJ already had Saint's Row: The Third out when I went today for the B1G1 50% off thing, and it was being advertised as part of the sale. If I wasn't sure the price would plummet in the near future, and if I didn't get Skyrim (paired it with MW3 as my 50% off game, as those two are different enough to scratch separate itches, while Saint's Row is kind of similar to Skyrim) I would have definitely picked it up.

So yeah, if you want that one and are in the area, it's there.

BF ad looks underwhelming to say the least - any word on Thanksgiving deals? I'm still sitting on a coupon but not interested enough to buy two of the selected games this week, so just trying to decide if I should wait it out or just get some PSN cards already.

[quote name='brutongaster']BF ad looks underwhelming to say the least - any word on Thanksgiving deals? I'm still sitting on a coupon but not interested enough to buy two of the selected games this week, so just trying to decide if I should wait it out or just get some PSN cards already.[/QUOTE]

Same here. They've only got one game I'm even interested in...MGS Collection. Everything else I would want is cheaper everywhere else. My Josh has a coupon deal up his sleeve.

[quote name='spree4567']First bad experience at Kmart in a long time. No Mario in the case and I couldn't find anyone around electronics to ask. May try again in a few hours or just try on Tuesday when I do the BOGO.

Edit: Could someone please post the Mario UPC? I can't even find Mario on the website for some reason.[/QUOTE]

All fixed now! Called over to my store and got the usual Electronics guy who usually knows the video game deals. He went digging in the back and found a box with copies of Mario.

I guess for next Sunday I will call ahead before I try to get Zelda.

Joliet, IL

They had a spot in the case for Mario, but none in there. Guy scanned it and said they had them in back. Then he came back out saying it can't be sold till the 15th. Pointed out that it comes out today and says "Available Now" next to it in the ad. 6 copies left after I got mine.

[quote name='KemperJones']Joliet, IL

They had a spot in the case for Mario, but none in there. Guy scanned it and said they had them in back. Then he came back out saying it can't be sold till the 15th. Pointed out that it comes out today and says "Available Now" next to it in the ad. 6 copies left after I got mine.[/QUOTE]

Why would he say that it can't be sold until the 15th? That just doesn't make sense to me. Either he saw them next to a bunch of SR3s or just making shit up.

Btw, someone cleaned out my store of Skyrims. WTF.

[quote name='vlv723']Well that's just an ad. last year, josh put some unadvertised deals here on CAG. so we'll see if that happens again.[/QUOTE]

I would be happy with a $30 dark souls deal. If not then no biggie.

I am debating using my $50 in coupons on batman aa and rdr goty for $20 out of pocket or getting rayman and sr3 for $40 after coupons. I already bought skyrim on friday morning.

Except that if it went to register, the register would notify them that this is not a sellable item until Tuesday and the sale would not take place.

But other than that, yeah.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']For anyone in the area, the K-Mart in Berlin, NJ already had Saint's Row: The Third out when I went today for the B1G1 50% off thing, and it was being advertised as part of the sale. If I wasn't sure the price would plummet in the near future, and if I didn't get Skyrim (paired it with MW3 as my 50% off game, as those two are different enough to scratch separate itches, while Saint's Row is kind of similar to Skyrim) I would have definitely picked it up.

So yeah, if you want that one and are in the area, it's there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']Why would he say that it can't be sold until the 15th? That just doesn't make sense to me. Either he saw them next to a bunch of SR3s or just making shit up.

Btw, someone cleaned out my store of Skyrims. WTF.[/QUOTE]

Because games normally come out on Tuesday

Bad experience today must be like the flu... Went to get two copies of Skyrim with BOGO 50% and use my coupons from last week. They didn't have Skyrim or mario in either gaming case. Asked the electronics guy for a copy and was promptly told they didn't have it. My response was its a major release, came out Friday probably in the back; check under the name Elder Scrolls or Skyrim. His response was "Kmart isn't stocking that game, we don't have it" So I suggested he go get the store mgr or ast store mgr *both i know by name* and we can get to finding out what happened to their copies of this game before we contact corporate. He disappears like David Copperfield and comes back with an open box full of Mario, Skyrim, and MGS.... He says it wasn't marked.... So whatever the bs excuse I am like don't try to fast talk me. I ring up two copies with Harry Potter *on sale for $19.99* and then whip out my two coupons. He tries scanning them and says they are no good. I said how about inputing the numbers off of them if they won't scan. He puts in one for $15 and then says I can't use the other one... I say lets go ahead and put in the numbers for that one and see what the computer says. He says you can't use two coupons, so then I had to show on the coupon gaming coupons stack. He finally enters the other coupon and I get my Skyrim's and HP for little over $62 bones...

Otherside to this story is my kid wanted a Monster High doll that was on sale. Lady working on stock in Toys comes up and says she will look for the dolls up stairs in stock room for us to find some. She comes back 5 min later with 2 dolls.... Didn't expect the good Customer service from Toys but at least one department has their Stuff together

How are the 3DS's? My kid has a basic DS but not sure if the upgrade is worth the money...

[quote name='yuyak']Just saw the Kmart bf ad. Not horrible, but pales in comparison to some of the other stores. Kinda disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Definitely underwhelming indeed. All these weekly release day deals have probably taken a toll on The Big K. Hopefully Josh can salvage this BF season and offer some coupon deals or somethin....

[quote name='grrouchie']Except that if it went to register, the register would notify them that this is not a sellable item until Tuesday and the sale would not take place.

But other than that, yeah.[/QUOTE]
And that system worked so well with MW3.

Speaking of MW3, not only did I find a hardened version but I got it for $60. Thank you incompetent kmart employee.

[quote name='o_O']Because games normally come out on Tuesday[/QUOTE]

yeah I understand that but absent a do not sell sticker, why would he assume he can't sell it? Since they don't put release dates on games otherwise

Keep in mind Kmart ads NEVER show anywhere close to all the gaming deals held each week. Last year for Black Friday there were more deals that Josh put out that were no where in the ad. Last year there were two days of sales (Friday and Saturday) and Friday gave gaming coupons that you can use on Saturday which had its own unique deals.

Don't be too disappointed until you hear from the man himself. I don't expect the world to be completely blown away, but he'll have some more goodies for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back