KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='beelzibub']I'm trying to purchase Skyrim for the PC and Saints Row 3 for the 360, but the buy one get one 50% off isn't working. I tried putting two Saints Rows in my cart and the discount shows up, but it won't otherwise. Is the PC version of Skyrim not included in the sale??[/QUOTE]

The page for the PC version doesn't say it is

[quote name='Methamphetamine']If you bought MW3, there was a deal for MS points cards/live subscription but nothing for PS3. As for BF, I know there are deals for PS3, but every single multiplatform game has a deal on 360, while there are many for PS3 that don't. Such as Rage, Driver, Enslaved, etc.

Just saying, not trying to complain or anything but just an observation..[/QUOTE]

Ah.... yeah. Already forgot about them being part of the deal. Probably since the game is more popular on that specific system.

As for BF, has it been confirmed it's not for both systems? Specifically rage.

[quote name='Methamphetamine']Wait, Kmart is carrying Skyrim for PC? :whistle2:# I told someone that Kmart doesn't carry multiplatform PC games..[/QUOTE]

Kmart B&M does not, Kmart.com does.

So I go to k-mart and hope to get mario land 3d there are none in the display so I ask the guy and he tells me tuesday. So I leave to toys r us to get it instead

So here is what happened at my local K-Mart. I went to the store at 5:00 eastern time. A couple was in front of me trying to get the Red 3DS with Mario. I come over and tell the clerk that I also want Mario. He tells me that they dont know if they have it in. I guess he just got there and he had to call someone else to go look in the back to see if they have the game. He tells the husband and wife to leave their number and they would call them when they got the game. They gave their phone number and i told him i would wait. The couple also decided to wait. We wait about 20m and low and behold they have the game. It was still in the damn box. The couple told me what a joke this is. I agreed. I got the game and i am loving it. Back to the store. For as long as i can remember this Kmart is so disorganized and people who work there have no idea what is going on. Its such a shame. If the Kmart ad says a game comes out on that day and its still in the back of store, thats very bad management and someone should know what the hell is going on and get that shit on the floor before the store opens, not 5 at night as i am watching you take it out of the box. Its stupid and it should not be happening anytime of the year, let alone during the holiday's.

[quote name='Murderstorm']So I go to k-mart and hope to get mario land 3d there are none in the display so I ask the guy and he tells me tuesday. So I leave to toys r us to get it instead[/QUOTE]
You shouldnt have to show them but it's in their Sunday weekly ad and says available now. They probably still wouldn't have understood.

[quote name='ULOOKUPTOME']From the sound of it, i thought it would be included in the first shipments of the game, kinda like the bf3 with the dlc code[/QUOTE]

Oh yea thats true but those DLC codes were included in the limited edition version of BF3. So far, I haven't heard anything about a limited edition AC3 for 60 so my best bet would be that its a code. But then again, you need to ask yourself how much that code is worth to you, because the games going to be 35-40 on black friday, which is less than 12 days from now:bouncy:

[quote name='crunchewy']I can't decide if I should buy a 3DS and Mario 3D at Kmart this week or wait and hope I can get one of the BF bundles online.[/QUOTE]

Why not just buy the game this week if you have any coupons from last week and wait until BF for the 3DS. If theres a 3DS/Mario Bundle (which Im not aware of), then wait and get the bundle. "The fruits of patience are always sweet".

[quote name='smilee0519']Why not just buy the game this week if you have any coupons from last week and wait until BF for the 3DS. If theres a 3DS/Mario Bundle (which Im not aware of), then wait and get the bundle. "The fruits of patience are always sweet".[/QUOTE]

there will be a Mario 3DS bundle

[quote name='62t']there will be a Mario 3DS bundle[/QUOTE]

Really? Hmmmm.

I'm tempted to sell my Ambassador 3DS to get a mario one if it's cooler. If it's just a red 3ds + game, that's no fun.

[quote name='62t']there will be a Mario 3DS bundle[/QUOTE]

It's $180 at Best Buy on BF. comes with flame red 3DS and super mario 3d land

The Inconsistent Kmart Buying Experience continues! Came back from the Chili/Rochester, NY store (#3282) a few hours ago to find out that I was unable to purchase Super Mario 3D Land. Not because it wasn't on the shelf - oh, there were five copies sitting proudly in the case. Not because of refusal to sell the game today - they were quite aware that the game was available today.

The issue? They got the key STUCK in one of the the case locks earlier in the day!! Therefore, not able to open any of the game cases. Would hate to think how much potential business they lost if they said that this occurred earlier. They did say that they MAY be able to get it out tomorrow morning, but told me to call first!

Is there no spare key at all in the store? I guess I'll try again tomorrow. At least the employees were somewhat apologetic (and a bit embarrassed).

[quote name='nflsonic']The issue? They got the key STUCK in one of the the case locks earlier in the day!! Therefore, not able to open any of the game cases. Would hate to think how much potential business they lost if they said that this occurred earlier. They did say that they MAY be able to get it out tomorrow morning, but told me to call first![/QUOTE]

couldn't they just call a locksmith to get it open, I don't understand why they wouldn't keep a spare key around

[quote name='nnthomas']Metal Gear $35 on Blue Friday... who do I have to email to ensure there will be a copy available by then at my store. Must get![/QUOTE]

Nobody!!! We'll be good, I swear (kind of, I don't own distribution anymore, so my promises are on faith)

If they got it out in time for store open you probably would not have gotten one - you should thank them for not knowing what they are doing.

[quote name='giancarmen']So here is what happened at my local K-Mart. I went to the store at 5:00 eastern time. A couple was in front of me trying to get the Red 3DS with Mario. I come over and tell the clerk that I also want Mario. He tells me that they dont know if they have it in. I guess he just got there and he had to call someone else to go look in the back to see if they have the game. He tells the husband and wife to leave their number and they would call them when they got the game. They gave their phone number and i told him i would wait. The couple also decided to wait. We wait about 20m and low and behold they have the game. It was still in the damn box. The couple told me what a joke this is. I agreed. I got the game and i am loving it. Back to the store. For as long as i can remember this Kmart is so disorganized and people who work there have no idea what is going on. Its such a shame. If the Kmart ad says a game comes out on that day and its still in the back of store, thats very bad management and someone should know what the hell is going on and get that shit on the floor before the store opens, not 5 at night as i am watching you take it out of the box. Its stupid and it should not be happening anytime of the year, let alone during the holiday's.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']Really? Hmmmm.

I'm tempted to sell my Ambassador 3DS to get a mario one if it's cooler. If it's just a red 3ds + game, that's no fun.[/QUOTE]

Don't be

[quote name='MasterX']Not sure if posted but heres the black friday stuff for Kmart

Haha, nice ghetto photos, thoughts on this BF "reveal"? Would like some feedback on this offers. be brutal and honest like you all do...just don't ask me if your store has the COD Hardened Editiion still

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy'][quote name='MasterX']Not sure if posted but heres the black friday stuff for Kmart

Haha, nice ghetto photos, thoughts on this BF "reveal"? Would like some feedback on this offers. be brutal and honest like you all do...just don't ask me if your store has the COD Hardened Editiion still[/QUOTE]Honestly, Stock Boy...I think most (if not all) of us are hoping Josh has some more deals up his sleeve besides those posted in the ad since there's nothing that really jumps out at you, and because last year there were many deals that were not in the ad but were more attractive.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy'][quote name='MasterX']Not sure if posted but heres the black friday stuff for Kmart

Haha, nice ghetto photos, thoughts on this BF "reveal"? Would like some feedback on this offers. be brutal and honest like you all do...just don't ask me if your store has the COD Hardened Editiion still[/QUOTE]

A little disappointed honestly. It's not necesarily that the offers are bad in themselves, but compared to the other major retailers, Kmart just is not hitting the same levels deal-wise. Most of the games for instance had a better coupon offer when they actually came out and the Xbox 4 gig deal is limited to a casual audience, because most gamers know you need a bigger hard drive than that.

[quote name='Maineavalanche'][quote name='SHC Stock Boy']

A little disappointed honestly. It's not necesarily that the offers are bad in themselves, but compared to the other major retailers, Kmart just is not hitting the same levels deal-wise. Most of the games for instance had a better coupon offer when they actually came out and the Xbox 4 gig deal is limited to a casual audience, because most gamers know you need a bigger hard drive than that.[/QUOTE]

Thank you...love the feedback and I agree.

That said, we will bring the noise, Josh and I wll do what we can to make these games worth getting at Kmat (or the Big K as they call it on the streets) over the nonsense competitors.

Tell us more, tells us what games and price point you need. If I can cook the finances we'll hit it. What can Kmart do for you BF (in a way Amazon can't unimaginatively-unorigianlly-un finacially responsibly steal).

These bootleg photos are not the end, we'll have more.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']

That said, we will bring the noise, Josh and I wll do what we can to make these games worth getting at Kmat (or the Big K as they call it on the streets) over the nonsense competitors.

Tell us more, tells us what games and price point you need. If I can cook the finances we'll hit it. What can Kmart do for you BF (in a way Amazon can't unimaginatively-unorigianlly-un finacially responsibly steal).

These bootleg photos are not the end, we'll have more.[/QUOTE]Maybe you could have some sort of sale for 3DS games since no other retailer seems to be interested in them (I've been waiting for months to get Samurai Warriors Chronicles for $20 new)? It'd also be awesome if you could sell Yakuza 4 for $10 like Walmart will be doing.

...And maybe Dead Island for $20? :pray:

Tell you more? Super! Please have sale on THESE GAMES #1 since I want to get them and #2 since so far it doesn't look like anyone else is. Thanks.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon
Dead Island
Space Marine!!
Also...Alice: Madness Returns

No luck at my Kmart with Mario today. The guy told me games only come out on Tuesdays and Fridays. I told him he was wrong, showed him their ad and left because he wasn't overly interested in helping me anyway. Amazing that every other retail store can figure these things out except Kmart.
I'm glad this week's deal doesn't have a coupon because I will use my last two coupons and be done with Kmart. The store is dirty and literally smells like piss, not to mention having issues like this one or waiting 20 minutes without anyone coming to help me.
It's unfortunate this is the worst-run chain retailer in the country because the game deals are great and Josh's efforts and work are tremendous.

am i correct in understanding Driver San Fransisco is on sale for $20... but ONLY for 360? What about us PS3 gamers?! I was actually psyched when i first saw that. boo!

and i second Space marines... would love to see a great deal on that, though i honestly only see myself getting it at $20 which may be unreasonable.

[quote name='affa']am i correct in understanding Driver San Fransisco is on sale for $20... but ONLY for 360? What about us PS3 gamers?! I was actually psyched when i first saw that. boo!

and i second Space marines... would love to see a great deal on that, though i honestly only see myself getting it at $20 which may be unreasonable.[/QUOTE]

jesus, the only people who whine more about deals than ps3 gamers are pc gamers.

Go write your local Playstation rep or something.

If there's one thing we've learned by all the transparency that josh has provided us is that these deals are subsidized by the companies and it's the companies that make the decisions.

(Sorry to jump on you affa, just getting tired of all the ps3 complaining that invariably pops up around black friday times. And you followed up on a complaint by methamphetamine.)

[quote name='ShockandAww']If this happened to me I'd be screwed as I don't get them emailed for whatever reason. And I wonder what'd happen if the employee did steal it. You could go and try to use it and it could be declined since it may already be used.[/QUOTE] This happened to me on L.A. Noire. No printed coupon at register, got one in my email. I emailed Josh THAT day to let him know that I was worried. He told me I should be fine, but to let him know if anything weird happened.

Flash forward a few weeks later when I tried to use the emailed coupon to buy a different game. The employee scanned it, and it said it had already been redeemed. I had to email Josh to resolve it.

If this ever happens to you, you need to be VIGILANT in getting EVERY. PIECE. OF. PAPER. that prints. Even if you have to WATCH like a hawk as they print, COUNT every one and demand the employee gives you every last one, even if they try to pocket it or throw it away.

Do email Josh. This sounds like complete BS.

$30 or less:

Space Marine
Dark Souls
Dead Island
Read Dead Redemption GOTY
LA Noire GOTY

$10 or less:

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Mass Effect 2 ps3
Fallout New Vegas

Joining the calls for Dead Island and Alice deals, also putting out there that we haven't heard anything for Thanksgiving yet - I'm a lot more inclined to squeeze in a shopping trip before dinner than brave the Friday crowds. Worked out pretty well for me last year!

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy'][quote name='Maineavalanche']

These bootleg photos are not the end, we'll have more.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to see the Resistance Dual Pack for $20, Resistance 3 for $30, Rayman for $30, and Motorstorm Apocalypse and Alice Madness returns for less than $20. I'd probably buy every single one of those at those price points.

That said, even though the Black Friday ad right now is disappointing, you guys have far and away exceeded my expectations for this year. I'm more than happy with the deals and will continue shopping at Kmart as long as they keep up.

[quote name='sigmablast']How about a sale on the following for about $34.99?

Spider-Man: Edge of Time
Resistance 3[/QUOTE]

Ah shit..I forgot about Resistance 3!

Am I the only one who gets a little bit stressed when trying to get these deals? So far I have had good experiences and no problems but can't shake the feeling that something is going to go wrong. Maybe it's all the horror stories everyone else posts that causes it. I have to say I have shopped more at Kmart these last few weeks than in the last 10 years. Great job Josh and crew on getting me in there and getting my money. Just need to set up a sweet deal on Mass Effect 3 for next year and I will be back again.

[quote name='kevin479']Am I the only one who gets a little bit stressed when trying to get these deals? So far I have had good experiences and no problems but can't shake the feeling that something is going to go wrong. Maybe it's all the horror stories everyone else posts that causes it. I have to say I have shopped more at Kmart these last few weeks than in the last 10 years. Great job Josh and crew on getting me in there and getting my money. Just need to set up a sweet deal of. Mass Effect 3 for next year and I will be back again.[/QUOTE]
I haven't had a problem yet either, but I always know Josh will send me a gift card if a coupon doesn't print out.

[quote name='kevin479']Am I the only one who gets a little bit stressed when trying to get these deals? So far I have had good experiences and no problems but can't shake the feeling that something is going to go wrong. Maybe it's all the horror stories everyone else posts that causes it. I have to say I have shopped more at Kmart these last few weeks than in the last 10 years. Great job Josh and crew on getting me in there and getting my money. Just need to set up a sweet deal on Mass Effect 3 for next year and I will be back again.[/QUOTE]
Thing is the vocal crowd are going to be folks with issues be it kmarts fault or their own. I still post a good experience every few, but it feels odd to post every time it works as it should. It would in fact dilute the thread if every success story was posted and any problem transactions would get buried.

I would like to see a deal on :ps3: Uncharted 3 $29.99 or $39.99 and also :3ds: Resident Evil Mercenaries for $10-$15 would be sweet to see!!!

Josh really does an outstanding job. Last year around this time I had a situation with a sears employee lying to me about a layaway and denying it later. I simply emailed Josh to let him know employees were lying to customers about store policies.

He offered a gift card for my troubles. I didnt ask for or demand any compensation or look for any handouts. Needless to say he didnt have to do anything.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy'][quote name='Maineavalanche']

These bootleg photos are not the end, we'll have more.[/QUOTE]

I'd personally love to see deals on Rayman Origins, Rocksmith, Saint's Row the Third, The Black Eyed Peas Experience (don't ask), Goldeneye 007 Reloaded, Dead Island, and Space Marine.

It'd be nice to see deals on those games so I can send friends/family there to get games for once.

[quote name='galindo62']how long does it take to get a response from kmartgamerhelp email?

i got screwed over my 35$ coupon, and i contacted them on thursday and still no response..
i need that coupon back before the others expire :([/QUOTE]

please respond :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back