KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to see you guys hit Ace Combat with a deal, since no one else seems to, and I'd really like to pick it up. $30 would be the perfect impulse price point. Dead Island would be nice as well.

I agree in comparison to other retailers (Best Buy and Walmart being those other retailers) Kmarts ad is not up to par. Don't feel bad though as Target and Gamestop are not on their level either. I personally will already have everything I want by that point but I agree with pretty much everyone else saying to have sales on games that not everyone else is having a sale on.

Here's some ideas for coupon amounts and other deals (what I think it'd take to get anyone actually excited to go to Kmart and assuming you'd do coupons).

3DS system (standard) - $50 coupon
Ace Combat - 25
Dark Souls - 25
Dead Island - 30
Mario Land 3D - 15
Modern Warfare 3 - half off with purchase of a Xbox/PS3 system
Professor Layton and The Last Specter - 15
Rayman - 25
RDR GOTY - 20
Saints Row - 25
Skyrim - 20
Skyward Sword - 20
Star Fox - 20
Zelda 3DS - 20

$5 off the already price dropped/clearance games. $10 for the $15 games, $15 for the $20 and such.

Bonus $5 coupon for every $50 spent

Older big titles for $20/$25 - Super Mario Galaxy 2, Halo Reach, LA Noire, Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, Black Ops, Dead Space 2, Shadows Of The Damned, Alice, Fear 3, Lego Pirates, Killzone 3, LBP2, Infamous 2, Gran Turismo 5...anything else "old"

Right now I am so pissed off at this one Kmart in my area. I spent 6 hours over the course of 2 days at this store over what should have been a simple to resolve issue that was the result of an error on the store's part. But because no one at that store wanted to handle it or knew how to handle it, I was made to feel like I was an inconvenience to them, placated with misinformation that only succeeded in wasting more of my time and treated with a level of apathy that made me want to never want to walk into another Kmart again. And honestly, once I use these last remaining coupons on Zelda, I'm not likely ever to again after this ordeal. I sent an email to their customer service email address but I am not holding out any hope for resolution. the funny thing is, there is a picture of the Manager at the Customer Service desk. Mr David Hamilton. the picture is of a man who looks annoyed at having to be there, no smile, and very unapproachable. And under his picture is the phase, "We're here to satisfy you!" What a joke.

I feel sorry for Josh and company. They are trying so hard to please us, but when your company employs incompetent morons to work in your stores, all your efforts pretty much go to waste.

Hey Stock Boy, asking for feedback, so I'll be honest. The Black Friday ad is pretty lackluster in general. I'm hoping to see a few extra offers pop up for us "in the know" to help keep me from going elsewhere. You asked for sale suggestions, so how about I tell you what I was hoping to score at other stores. Maybe you can use that as a guide...
Walmart having Dance Central 2 and Yakuza 4 for $10 is a big factor in getting me up there for their 10pm Thanksgiving night start.
Best Buy is temping me with Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster for $25 and DiRT3 for $15.
I also want to jump on the bandwagon for seeing some kind of deal on Alice: Madness Returns.
Also, I see NFS: The Run in the ad for $40. Tempting, but $30 would've sealed the deal. Or maybe an added coupon offer?

Anyways. Went to Kmart first thing Sunday morning for Mario. The always AWESOME Gail was working and saw me knowing I was there for a game. I told her what I was looking for, said it wasn't on the shelf yet and she went in the back and had it two minutes later. She even thanked me for letting her know it was out today.
Gail is awesome and she deserves every bit of praise possible. Give that woman a raise. She's always excited to see me come in since she knows I'll fill her in in the week's deals, coupons, etc and she always gets a kick out of seeing how cheap I can get stuff with the coupons.
Got my $15 coupon no problem and will be back there Tuesday morning for Halo (and to see Gail again!)

[quote name='thebytewasbit']$30 or less:

Space Marine
Dark Souls
Dead Island
Read Dead Redemption GOTY
LA Noire GOTY

$10 or less:

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Mass Effect 2 ps3
Fallout New Vegas[/QUOTE]

I like those $10 games! Usually my favorite aspect of BF... older gems on the cheap. ME2 recently hit the $19.99 MSRP mark for the PS3, so that's 50% off. Seems like a reasonable request to me! :D

Add to those $10 games
Tekken 6
Saints Row Double Pack
Portal 2
And for $20
Super Street fighter IV: Arcade Edition
LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 3D

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Nobody!!! We'll be good, I swear (kind of, I don't own distribution anymore, so my promises are on faith)[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about emailing myself; MGS is the main draw for me to go to K-Mart BF, and I know the K-Mart I usually frequent didn't get any copies on release day, and the other always well-stocked K-Mart got one copy.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']That said, we will bring the noise, Josh and I wll do what we can to make these games worth getting at Kmat (or the Big K as they call it on the streets) over the nonsense competitors.

Tell us more, tells us what games and price point you need. If I can cook the finances we'll hit it. What can Kmart do for you BF (in a way Amazon can't unimaginatively-unorigianlly-un finacially responsibly steal).[/QUOTE]

The price I would definitlely buy these at:

$25

Alice Madness Ruturns
Catherine
Dead Island
Deus Ex

$10:

Duke Nukem
Homefront
Dead Space 2
Bulletstorm
Arkham Asylum
Resident Evil 5
LA Noire

I'm know I'm dreaming with the $25 prices, But the $10 ones seem fair.

Also, A $10 gaming coupon with the purchase of Halo Anniversary this week would be nice :mrgreen:

[quote name='galindo62']please respond :([/QUOTE]

Try contacting Josh and his team. He's really helpful in these kind of situations.

What I would like to see more of as stated elsewhere is some sales on some slightly older games like Alice or Red Faction: Armageddon for 20-25, include sales for the bigger hard drive Xboxes, and something that would really be enticing is deals with coupons/points. I know realistically Kmart may not be able to match some of the prices of other retailers (Like $28 Gears 3), but if you could hit a good price point like $40 with $10 in SYWR points, that would be just as good to me. Or Buy two at $40, get a $25 coupon or something similar.

Didn't realize Skyrim came with another gaming coupon. $15, but I have to use it by the end of the week? It's only good for 10 days.

[quote name='spedmunki']Didn't realize Skyrim came with another gaming coupon. $15, but I have to use it by the end of the week? It's only good for 10 days.[/QUOTE]

hmm elaborate please; i picked up skyrim on sunday and didn't rec. a $15 coupon....

Would love a nice BF deal on Dark Souls and Dead Island. I have already picked up most other new releases this year via Kmart.

Question for Josh or Stockboy:

How will the Zelda Skyward Sword coupon work? I mean regarding dates. I currently have a $20 coupon that I would like to use to pick up Zelda, but I'm seeing that it comes out on a Sunday (the week of BF no less). Will the coupon be effective the following Sunday, as usual? Meaning I can't use it on any of the BF deals? If so, that's a bummer... missing it by one day, heh. But such is life.

Any input is appreciated!

Also for BF deal suggestions, I'd like to see you guys match (or beat) Best Buy's deal on Assassin's Creed: Revelations for $34.99. I originally wanted to buy it tomorrow for the $20 coupon, but an instant $25 can't be beat... And I'm sure Amazon will match it (at least as a Lightning Deal)... Such a dilemma!

[quote name='justinbarnhill']hmm elaborate please; i picked up skyrim on sunday and didn't rec. a $15 coupon....[/QUOTE]
I believe he's referring to the spend $40 get $15 coupon last week. That deal ended Saturday.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Would like some feedback on this offers. be brutal and honest like you all do...just don't ask me if your store has the COD Hardened Editiion still[/QUOTE]

good deals on ANY decent pc game....

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']

Thank you...love the feedback and I agree.

That said, we will bring the noise, Josh and I wll do what we can to make these games worth getting at Kmat (or the Big K as they call it on the streets) over the nonsense competitors.

Tell us more, tells us what games and price point you need. If I can cook the finances we'll hit it. What can Kmart do for you BF (in a way Amazon can't unimaginatively-unorigianlly-un finacially responsibly steal).

These bootleg photos are not the end, we'll have more.[/QUOTE]

Some 3DS games really could use lower price points. Pokemon Rumble Blast and Cave Story 3D are both $20 games, not full price. OoT and Starfox could stand to be $25-30 too since they're just enhanced ports (and some stores have OoT as a freebie now...).

I don't know if its possible, but if you really want K-Mart to stand out on Black Friday find a way to discount some of the big name 3DS games that no other retailer is touching besides Target.

Target is giving a $10 gift card with Ocarina of Time but forget that, you can beat that.

Slash the prices on Starfox on Zelda, and then throw down some deals on some DS games like Kirby Mass Attack and Layton.

Its probably not possible as Nintendo won't allow it but even if you did coupon deals on Zelda and Starfox ($15 coupon to beat Targets $10) you'd be throwing out a unique deal. I'd definitely snag Zelda with a $15 coupon and then get Starfox as soon as the coupon was active. As it stands right now, I gotta do this at Target but give me a reason to do it at K-Mart instead.

A lot of people are picking up 3DS's for Mario, such as myself, and are waiting on a deal to go back and get some of the games they missed.

And to the guy above me, K-Mart doesn't carry Cave Story 3D.

[quote name='DDustiNN']Question for Josh or Stockboy:

How will the Zelda Skyward Sword coupon work? I mean regarding dates. I currently have a $20 coupon that I would like to use to pick up Zelda, but I'm seeing that it comes out on a Sunday (the week of BF no less). Will the coupon be effective the following Sunday, as usual? Meaning I can't use it on any of the BF deals? If so, that's a bummer... missing it by one day, heh. But such is life.

Any input is appreciated![/QUOTE]

What he said.
Also, I never saw a reply to my earlier question if the $20 Zelda coupon is for the game or LE or both. I'm planing on just getting the $50 game.

[quote name='rjejr']What he said.
Also, I never saw a reply to my earlier question if the $20 Zelda coupon is for the game or LE or both. I'm planing on just getting the $50 game.[/QUOTE]
I dont see why it'd start immediately unlike the coupons every other week but I dont know for sure, and the answer to your other question is in post #4.

The only two games I would be interested in for Black Friday deals are Resistance 3 (seems to be a popular sentiment) and Professor Layton and the Last Specter for $30 and $17 respectively. I wasn't planning on getting either any time soon, but Black Friday can of course change that.

I'd like to see a deal on BF for 250GB Xbox consoles (Kinect bundle and standard). Tired of the 4GB deals when you inevitably need to buy a bigger hard drive anyway.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I'd like to see a deal on BF for 250GB Xbox consoles (Kinect bundle and standard). Tired of the 4GB deals when you inevitably need to buy a bigger hard drive anyway.[/QUOTE]
You may already know but I think the 250GB Holiday bundle one is going to be $200 at Best Buy. Double check if you care enough though as that may be incorrect. Pretty sure it's $200 at at least one major retailer though.

You guys need to do something with your Clearance for Blue Friday. That's my only suggestion really. I'm not on the look out for cheap expensive games... I want cheap already cheap games.

And you guys are the only ones doing something with Metal Gear, hopefully I can get a copy. Is it in the ad? I'd like to price match at TRU just in case, who I think are matching anyone by Christmas.

[quote name='nnthomas']You guys need to do something with your Clearance for Blue Friday. That's my only suggestion really. I'm not on the look out for cheap expensive games... I want cheap already cheap games.[/QUOTE]
This. Maybe something like half-off all games $20 and under.

[quote name='Maineavalanche'][quote name='SHC Stock Boy']

A little disappointed honestly. It's not necesarily that the offers are bad in themselves, but compared to the other major retailers, Kmart just is not hitting the same levels deal-wise. Most of the games for instance had a better coupon offer when they actually came out and the Xbox 4 gig deal is limited to a casual audience, because most gamers know you need a bigger hard drive than that.[/QUOTE]
Definitely agree and thought this could happen. Had to execute a plan that was not as aggressive as LY, one of the reasons I've tried to go as hot as we have been these last couple of months is to counter what I thought could be a vulnerable BF plan.

I would love a deal on dead island to put it around the $30 price range.
I would also like to see child of Eden, halo anniversary, as well as some Older games and some of your clearance games (maybe Alan wake for 10?) on sale.

since stock boy is asking for game price suggestions for black friday, here's what I'd like to see on sale

$30-$40
Resistance 3
Dark Souls
Red Dead Redemption GOTY
Infamous 2
Dead Island

$10
Dead Space 2
Dead Rising 2
Demon's Souls
Medal of Honor
Bulletstorm
Yakuza 4

Wait MGS HD: Collection only on sale till 11am? Ugh. Ive been commissioned by my girlfriend to help her at Best Buy and now I wont be able to get MGS =[

Well can we use coupons on these Black Friday sale prices?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']since stock boy is asking for game price suggestions for black friday, here's what I'd like to see on sale

$30-$40
Resistance 3
Dark Souls
Red Dead Redemption GOTY
Infamous 2
Dead Island

$10
Dead Space 2
Dead Rising 2
Demon's Souls
Medal of Honor
Bulletstorm
Yakuza 4[/QUOTE]

Not bad. I really am interested in seeing Infamous 2 and Dead Island hit 30 or below.

Star Fox 3ds- 25 or less

Child of Eden-15

Halo CE- deal, even though it is just getting released.

perhaps a 19.99 and under/clearance deals- Buy one get one? I would love to pick up a bunch of DS titles for my little one, but 20 dollars for some of those is just too much when they only have 2-3 hours of content and are old.

Oh, microsoft point card deals. 4000 pts for 35 or less. That alone would get me in the store.

[quote name='affa']am i correct in understanding Driver San Fransisco is on sale for $20... but ONLY for 360? What about us PS3 gamers?! I was actually psyched when i first saw that. boo!

and i second Space marines... would love to see a great deal on that, though i honestly only see myself getting it at $20 which may be unreasonable.[/QUOTE]

Driver is $20, PS3 and XB360

[quote name='justinbarnhill']hmm elaborate please; i picked up skyrim on sunday and didn't rec. a $15 coupon....[/QUOTE]

it wasn't just skyrim. It was spend 40 get a 15 dollar coupon. That ended Saturday I believe. You could have picked up Skyrim and, for example, Rayman Tuesday and received 30 off one of those.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Did our Thanksgiving Ad get leaked yet? We've got some decent deals in there. RDR GOTY will be $29.99 on Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen it yet. Leak! Leak like the wind!

I'd also like to see, since no one else is having a sale on it:

Spider-Man: Edge Of Time - $29.99

I'll be there for the MGS HD sale. No one else has that on sale, either.

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Wait MGS HD: Collection only on sale till 11am? Ugh. Ive been commissioned by my girlfriend to help her at Best Buy and now I wont be able to get MGS =[

Well can we use coupons on these Black Friday sale prices?[/QUOTE]

You can price match MGS HD at BB with the kmart print ad and yes I believe you can use gaming coupons on black friday

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
Definitely agree and thought this could happen. Had to execute a plan that was not as aggressive as LY, one of the reasons I've tried to go as hot as we have been these last couple of months is to counter what I thought could be a vulnerable BF plan.[/QUOTE]
You guys offer up enough great deals through out the year, I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Did our Thanksgiving Ad get leaked yet? We've got some decent deals in there. RDR GOTY will be $29.99 on Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

Kmart will be open on Thanksgiving day? Red Dead Redemption GOTY for $30 sounds great I will definitely be there to pick that up

Zelda - $20 coupon can be got if you buy it 11/20 - 11/23 (Sunday through Wednesday).

The coupon will become active on 11/24 Thanksgiving

Limited Edition included

I mentioned this on a previous post but when I was looking at the leaked BF ad, most of these are going to layaway because Memphis is #1 in Layaways. Therefore, besides games, most of the electronics that are over $100 and specifically speaking game consoles, are going to that section.

[quote name='nflsonic']The Inconsistent Kmart Buying Experience continues! Came back from the Chili/Rochester, NY store (#3282) a few hours ago to find out that I was unable to purchase Super Mario 3D Land. Not because it wasn't on the shelf - oh, there were five copies sitting proudly in the case. Not because of refusal to sell the game today - they were quite aware that the game was available today.

The issue? They got the key STUCK in one of the the case locks earlier in the day!! Therefore, not able to open any of the game cases. Would hate to think how much potential business they lost if they said that this occurred earlier. They did say that they MAY be able to get it out tomorrow morning, but told me to call first!

Is there no spare key at all in the store? I guess I'll try again tomorrow. At least the employees were somewhat apologetic (and a bit embarrassed).[/QUOTE]

Could be worse. My Kmart only had one key to the stock room and the night shift manager took the key home so no one could open the stock room in the morning so nothing got put out until 2PM that day which is when his shift started. If I was the manager would had call the guy and tell him to get his ass back to work and give the key back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back