KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='litobirdy']Hey Josh, is it too late to try to match the Blue Wii black friday price that Walmart and the other retailer have?[/QUOTE]

Going to be hard to match a Walmart exclusive item :D

Picked up ACR and Rayman (1/2 price) for 44.xx after the 50 coupons from last week. Games weren't out but the guy went and found them, no issue stacking either.

Thought about going to Walmart for ACR but have the coupons and need off the train.

Glad it worked, my experience last week was a pain, where the register froze, wouldn't boot back up, and the keys were in there for the case. I was there probably 30 mins for that visit.

Still good going to the team.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']No Ultimate Marvel Vs. cap on for the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off? =[[/QUOTE]

The deal for Ultimate Marvel is Buy 0 Get 0.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Going to be hard to match a Walmart exclusive item :D[/QUOTE]

dam really? its a walmart exclusive item? blah no wonder Sam's club also has the promo. Well maybe Josh can just put the regular Wii at $99, doesn't have to be blue.

I really hope Kmart can get an Uncharted 3 deal on black friday for $39.99-$29.99. I have a $20 gift card and I would love to use this so I can get it for $10-$20...

[quote name='jj5206']I really hope Kmart can get an Uncharted 3 deal on black friday for $39.99-$29.99. I have a $20 gift card and I would love to use this so I can get it for $10-$20...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it won't happen. Uncharted 3 is on MAP until 11/27. Best Buy is the only one doing it (that I know of) and they are choosing to be big loss leaders on it.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Sorry, it won't happen. Uncharted 3 is on MAP until 11/27. Best Buy is the only one doing it (that I know of) and they are choosing to be big loss leaders on it.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the quick reply. Don't mean to bother you again, but are you guys going to have a sale on Resident Evil Mercenaries :3ds: ? I'm surprised I haven't seen that on sale anywhere...

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Wait what is going on at Walmart?![/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart's "special" edition of Assassin's Creed: Revelations, with the Wal-Mart exclusive armor, is ringing up $39.96.

Just called the Montgomery, IL Kmart. No copies of saints row (not surprised) and only 1 of halo anniversary.

its getting quite aggravating that i've got these coupons and cant even use them.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Wait what is going on at Walmart?![/QUOTE]

And this is sticker price not a glitch. The tags say Assassains Creed At $39.99

[quote name='animalspinners']Wal-Mart's "special" edition of Assassin's Creed: Revelations, with the Wal-Mart exclusive armor, is ringing up $39.96.[/QUOTE]

Wal Mart exclusive armor? That sounds hilarious...like I picture this garbage Chinese stuff that falls apart when you walk too fast :D

Walked into Kmart #7265 around 9:30AM and checked the glass case hoping there'd still be copies of Skyrim for the 360 still in stock and was relieved to find six. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that all the new releases that came out today were already out on the shelf. I wasn't able to find anyone at the electronics department so I hit the button that said "Press for assistance." Someone over the intercom paged Chris to electronics and I thought, "Of course. That'd be why everything has been put on display already." He's the younger associate who always know about all the deals that are current and upcoming and promptly retrieved both titles that I wanted. I wish the rest of you were fortunate to have someone like him at your local Kmarts.

The Skyrim case looked like it may have gotten damaged during shipment but as I was returning it to Walmart with my midnight release receipt, it wasn't a concern for me :lol:. I was in and out very quickly. My final total was $74.88 including tax and after using a $20 coupon. $37.44 each for games that so far no one has Black Friday specials on is a great deal. Thank you Kmart for great service and release day prices that no one else can come close to:applause: . Looking forward to the coupon train next year.

So the Kmart at Penn Station NYC has been out of Skyrim 360 for the past 4 days at least. I'm really hoping they get more in soon as I don't want this $50 coupon to go to waste.

No issues with my Batman coupon at the Wall, NJ store. She had to go to the back and get the boxes with Assassin's Creed, Saints Row, Rayman etc. Picked up PS3 Skyrim and Assassin's Creed for myself, 64 and change :D

They had a few copies of Metal Gear HD for both systems and a bunch of PS3 Skyrims (didn't check for 360) if anyone is having trouble.

Also noticed that the Wall store still had a decent stack of the lithographs from the Deus Ex Human Revolution launch sitting by the register.

Here here on the Wal-Mart AC glitch/price drop/whatever it is. Extra armor and $20 off? Yes please! Of course after braving wally-world, I did have to spend some coupons over at my local K-Mart. Grabbed Skyrim and got half off the only copy of Saints Row 3 for 360, then rang up a Halo Anniversary separately. Coupon trains over for this year, but then again so is my pick up list :D

On a side note, I'd love to see Battlefield 3 hit a low price on Black Friday. I'm hoping to grab it at K-Mart for the $28 price, but I'd settle with Best Buy's $30 price to not have to wait in line at WM...unless K-Mart can entice me further. I mean, I'll already be there grabbing MGS HD Collection :cool:

Guess I am the only one that has a store where the coupons didn't work

Josh, I sent an email and posted on KMartgamer on FB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for SHC Gamer:

I see that the coupon that comes with Zelda will be valid for use from Thanksgiving day on, what about the coupon for WWE '12?

It would be great if it was, but if not any chance that you could at least let us in on some of the deals you will be running when the coupon is valid. As I would hate to be stuck with a $20 coupon and no good deals to use it on.

I have a question Josh, my points were already added today but how do I find out about my x2 points for November? Was that the bonus points on my print out? If so it was the same value as my regular points earned.

Any hint of a SW:TOR Deal? I know it's a bit farther out but I'm wondering if I should consider getting it at K-Mart rather than preordering at another store.

so if my local kmart is out of stock of some of the buy 1 get 1 50% off new releases what can i do? does anyone know if they give rainchecks or maybe order online even though i would rather just do in store

?

[quote name='skycat561']ok kmart is killing me.. I get there at 9am, no assasins creed or saints row...WTF...ugh[/QUOTE]

sounds like mine. they never have anything. i usually have to drive 45 minutes to another one.

[quote name='skycat561']ok kmart is killing me.. I get there at 9am, no assasins creed or saints row...WTF...ugh[/QUOTE]

I just got back and my store only had the new releases out for the Xbox and the lady behind the counter was still getting the PS3 versions out, was able to get AC: R and Skyrim for $42 after using one set of coupons. Too bad the experience is still a little lacking with employees knowing nothing about games and waiting on other people who came after me.

Good report for Josh. Went to the Wilkes Barre PA Store. I had Saints Row 3 preordered for the preorder pack but my friend wanted a copy and I wanted Rayman so we decided to split it $45 a game.

The store had little signs by each game in the case that was B1G1 50% off which was very nice. The employee got both games, easy in and out transaction and well a happy day for all.

Thanks Josh. You made two people very happy today.

KMart #1 - no Skryim 360 - fine, guess they sold out. But no excuse for not having any of this week's new releases out at 11:00. Cashier was nice enough to call to the office and the back, but no one there could be bothered to actually get off their ass and look, so all I ended up with was a "try back later". So I was about to just resign myself to waiting until this weekend when I was in Michigan to try my luck there. But, I had to go to a Best Buy I don't normally go to, and when I was done there I checked the Kmart Store Locator and found that there was one not too far from where I was, so...

KMart #2 - everything already in the glass case. Employee was right there to get Skyrim and SR3 for me. Batman coupon worked, no problem. Outstanding. Guess they'll be getting my business from now on. It's too far (about a 35 minute drive) to do my usual purchases there, but when the deal is too good to pass up, that's where I'll be

Great deal I picked up rayman ps3 assasins creed ps3 halo and saints row x360. Woo hoo. No super mario land in stock.. Bummer.

[quote name='Ace!']Guess I am the only one that has a store where the coupons didn't work

Josh, I sent an email and posted on KMartgamer on FB.[/QUOTE]

Mines initially didn't work the guy told me it wouldn't accept them.
The guys scanner was broken and he was manually inputing. After 10 minutes the coupons started to take or so I thought when got home I went over the receipt and one of the 15 coupons wasn't on there. but he took them. No big deal due to the overall savings.

Funny thing I didn't see any assasins creed or rayman for the 360. Nice the ps3 included assasins 1. Did the 360 version have a perk?

Two things from my KMart voyage today.

1) Went to use a set of $50 coupon on NFS: The Run and Rayman Origins. Both were in the display case as were all the other new releases from today. Everything had their sales stickers. This KMart has always been the bee's knees. Rang up the two games and gave my coupons. Walked out with the two games at $42.xx. It was a beautiful thing.

2) [quote name='ssr']
Bear with me Josh, this is bound to get confusing because it's complex. This all occurred at the Bowling Green, KY KMart which has always been phenomenal and still has been but some odd things happened today that kind of messed up some things.

I went through careful planning in order to get two sets of the $50 coupons going on in this week's deal. I went to KMart today with the intention of doing two separate transactions.

In the first transaction I purchased:
The Sims 3: Pets (Which I thought was going to be 49.99 because that's MSRP) which rang up at 59.99.
God of War Collection which rang up 39.99
Metal Gear Solid Collection which rang up 49.99

This was going to be a total of (what I thought) 139.99(ish) which actually came out to 149.99. I was fine with that extra 10 bucks on The Sims 3: Pets as the entire ordeal was going to be a great deal. I then used my $30 Batman AC coupon which brought me down to 119.99 (but I thought it was going to be 109.99 which would have still gotten me my $50 coupon set.)

My second transaction I was going to purchase was:
Dead Island (Which I thought was going to be 59.99) which rang up at 49.99
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One which rang up at 59.99

This rang up at 109.99 which would NOT get me my other $50 coupon set. But no where that I could find was Dead Island supposed to be on sale this week. It was stickered at 59.99 and there is nothing on CAG, the blog, or in the store advertising it at 49.99 this week.

We (the electronics rep and customer service rep) thought about possible ways to get it sorted out but because the $30 Batman AC coupon had been used we couldn't do a return rebuy where we changed The Sims 3: Pets and Dead Island. If we had changed The Sims 3 and Dead Island, it would have been the initial pricing scenario I was going for but because the Batman AC coupon had been used, we couldn't do anything because I would be out the $30 from the coupon. A manager (Mica) came over at this point and attempted to sort through everything but ultimately said he couldn't do anything.

I ended up keeping my first transaction and purchasing the second transaction as well, however, I only got $15 coupon for it because I was under the $110 thresh hold. I gave the same amount of money to KMart as I would have had I been able to switch the two items for each other but for all of this, I only received $65 in coupons. And all of this careful planning was FUBAR'ed simply because of two pricing glitches (The Sims 3: Pets ringing up $10 more than it should and Dead Island ringing up $10 less than it should.)

Sorry this is so long, I'm just hoping you can do something for me. Thanks in advance, Josh.
[/QUOTE]

Just for the sake of context, I quoted my previous post from last week. There was another customer ahead of me so I was just perusing the display case and I saw Dead Island and The Sims 3: Pets both in there still. However, The Sims 3 now had a sticker price of $49. As did Dead Island. So despite the manager telling me there was nothing he could do and there was no pricing glitches/errors. He did decide to tell somebody to appropriately adjust the prices of the two games. However, I still do not believe that Dead Island is supposed to be $50. So he actually now marked it down when I don't think it's supposed to be, which is what I told him last week. Oh well, as I said, I know Josh's track record of helping people and I know things will get sorted out for me. Just a minor annoyance that's bound to come up sometime. Doesn't tarnish KMart's record to me.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Driver is $20, PS3 and XB360[/QUOTE]

great news! i had gone to one of the various black friday sites and they listed the sale for only 360, then i checked the scan of the ad and it did look as if only the 360 version might be on sale.

glad to know this isn't so! sold.

[quote name='etriganthedemon']Question for SHC Gamer:

I see that the coupon that comes with Zelda will be valid for use from Thanksgiving day on, what about the coupon for WWE '12?

It would be great if it was, but if not any chance that you could at least let us in on some of the deals you will be running when the coupon is valid. As I would hate to be stuck with a $20 coupon and no good deals to use it on.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no, since we'll be giving out the coupon from 11/22 - 11/26 it won't be active during those dates. As a rule we don't let gaming coupons be valid during the active dates we're giving them out.

Thought it better to allow people 5 days to get the coupon than 2 and have it active on BF. Sorry if that messes up your coupon train plans.

Picked up saints row and paid 5 bucks after coupon and sywr points. Ran over to Tru and got AC for 25 after gc with ezio figure plus another 15gc . Not too bad !

the blue friday text in the OP is confusing.

but that might just be because 'blue friday' is actually 'blue friday and saturday'????

i don't really get it.

[quote name='affa']the blue friday text in the OP is confusing.

but that might just be because 'blue friday' is actually 'blue friday and saturday'????

i don't really get it.[/QUOTE]

Because that first section of that header IS only for Friday from 5-11. The next section says available ONLY on Saturday and the last section is available all day Friday AND Saturday.

[quote name='richyanks']I have a question Josh, my points were already added today but how do I find out about my x2 points for November? Was that the bonus points on my print out? If so it was the same value as my regular points earned.[/QUOTE]
Both your base points & bonus points should be on the receipt as long as you're a bonus member -- since they're giving 2x the points then both the base & bonus point amounts should be the same (base + bonus = 2x the pts)

I was able to grab ACRev & Skyrim today for $90 - $50 coupons from last week = $40+tax = $44 out the door

I got 400 base pts and 400 bonus pts for the purchase

Thank you Josh & Kmart -- great way to end the coupon train

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Unfortunately no, since we'll be giving out the coupon from 11/22 - 11/26 it won't be active during those dates. As a rule we don't let gaming coupons be valid during the active dates we're giving them out.

Thought it better to allow people 5 days to get the coupon than 2 and have it active on BF. Sorry if that messes up your coupon train plans.[/QUOTE]

Hi Stock Boy, do you know when/if the Penn Station NYC Kmart will be getting any more copies of Skyrim 360? Thanks!

Another sad Kmart story here. I went there this morning around 10 am. Looked in the game case and didn't see any new release in there ( Saints Row 3, Halo Anniversary, Assassins Creed...so on) Went to the guy working in electronics and asked him about the games, he said he didn't see them and told me the games didn't come out today. I told him to check the box behind the counter labeled "Release date 11/15" We check the box and it only has Halo in it. I say, there has to be another box, Assassins Creed and Saints Row are in your ad. He calls the manager to help and she finally arrives after 3 separate calls and 15 minutes. They go to a different stock room and come back with a box that has Saints Row and no Assassins Creed. At this point, I've been there for 40 minutes already. So, I say, I'll just take Saints Row and Skyrim...only to find out they don't have any copies of Skyrim. I say, I'll just take Saints Row then. I give him some gaming coupons and he can't figure out why they aren't working. I tell him that he has to hit total first and that you can stack different coupons. They apply correctly and I walk out the store after getting there an hour before. Glad I ran out of gaming coupons since it isn't worth my time to spend hours inside a Kmart ever again. The only good thing was the Detroit Lions popcorn tin I found.

All went according to plan today. Got Skyrim and Need for Speed for $37 after tax and coupons/rewards points. Now my game buying is done for the year.

Went to the Kmart in Howell, NJ which has the most competent electronics employee to be found anywhere: Andrew.

Nabbed AC:R & Saint's Row 3 for $40 after the first set of coupons.

Found my clearance games I had scoped out ahead of time on Friday, but decided instead to grab COD MW 1&2 collection + Armored Core 4 for $16 after the second set of $50 coupons.

On Friday, I had actually stuck my potential clearance games in the top right corner of the displays so I could find them easily today, but they had been moved. I muttered out loud about it, and Andrew told me he had gotten in trouble for having stuff out of order. I felt bad - and I can't piss him off since he's my most painless connection for these game deals (always has the new games out, knows about the coupons and how they work, etc.).

Anyway, I'm off the coupon train now, and this has been a fun year. Thanks, Josh!

Everything went smooth at store #4212. Just wanted to thank Josh and the whole Kmart team. This last month and half of awesome deals allowed me to buy a lot of games I would have bought used (at the OTHER establishment). It did feel kind of weird not to get any coupons this time around but I think I might be done buying for this year. Thanks again guys!

Went to store 7132 which I hadn't went to in a year because of all the issues I had in the past and its nice to know things haven't changed.

Went to electronics at 12:30 and none of this weeks games were on the shelf or Mario or Skyrim. I track down an employee and I tell him I want SR3 and Rayman Origins for 360. He told me SR3 doesn't come out until the 18th according to Game Informer. I told him no it comes out today and he said he would check. After going to the back and just coming back with SR3 I told him I wanted Rayman also. Was that the end of the problems? If you said yes you were wrong. When he rung up the games he told me I could only use one coupon per transaction and then he began reading the coupon to me saying "one ID per transaction blah blah" I tried explaining what the ID referred to but I know he didn't understand. He called over another girl and she said one coupon per transaction too. I asked him if he would atleast try and use two he said he would try but he didn't expect it to work. The look on his and her face when it worked was priceless. I figured I should try and push my luck further and redeem my points as well, luckily that went off without incident. Used all my coupons and points.

Also as a said note I don't understand why when you ask an associate for a game and they have to get it from the back why don't they just bring the whole box and stock the shelf.
Atleast I'm done with KMart for awhile now.

[quote name='LordVila']Also as a said note I don't understand why when you ask an associate for a game and they have to get it from the back why don't they just bring the whole box and stock the shelf. [/QUOTE]
:lol: This KILLS me every time it happens. They walk all the way through the store and back, and come back with one copy.

Picked up Saints and Skyrim for $42 after coupons, and saw a hidden copy of MGS for 360. Will it survive until Black Friday? Doubtful!

And for the record I love my KMart, everything is out, the clearance racks are filled to the brim (and apparently getting bigger every time I go), the people are helpful... I feel bad reading these bad eggs, but just know that it gets better. Somewhere else.

Does anyone know what the one prompt on the register (something like) "No other products allowed in this transaction" or something means? I kinda can guess but I'm already afraid the cashier will take it to mean I can't stack coupons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back