KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up AC:R and SR3 for about $75 after tax, coupon, and points. Quite happy with that. Cannot wait to tear into both of those. And so closes another coupon train. Thanks Josh.

Just grabbed Skyrim and Saints Row: The Third (PS3) for $73.48 after BOGO 50% off and a $20 gaming coupon. Love the Kmart deals, but our Kmart is the absolute dregs. Imagine an abandoned department store with piles of unorganized merchandise and a handful of homeless people working the floor. Yep... that's our Kmart. It's a damn scary place, and if I wasn't absolutely delighted with the deals I've landed, I would leave the store feeling raped and dirty every time.

Penn Station was a no go for NFSTR this morning, nor did they have SKyrim for 360, Nor did the have uncharted. They had a ton of Halo though.I left empty handed.
Astor Place had NFSTR and Halo behind the counter, had to wait an additional 15 mins for mgr to come and override due to them being a non circular store or something. after $50 in coupons and using my point got them for about $30.
As good as these deals are the inefficiency and bad attitudes of the staff in the stores is down right atrocious.
I will say that the small white guy in the blue shirt actually went to the back and looked for the games today though. Most of the staff has an air and a tone about them that make you know they hate their jobs.
I'm happy to be coupon free.

[quote name='Dtrain12']Can I use gaming coupons on psn cards?
Sorry I don't have the receipts on me to read it[/QUOTE]

im not sure? but my coupon got rejected :cry: the lady said it only works on software.

Glad to see both coupons are working. Planned on buying Saint Rows 3 and Need for speed but changed my plans to Saint Row 3 and AC3, after reading the horrible reviews on Need for Speed. Hopefully I can find these at my local store

Went to store 3444 today and got to deal with 3 delightfully incompetent employees and a manager.

Arrived at 7:00, right when the store opened. Headed for electronics in search of ACR and Skyrim with my $35+$15 gaming coupons from last week. Skyrim in display case, ACR not. No big deal I think, it's probably in back, and head to the counter. 5 minute wait and emplyee #1 shows up. I ask her for the game, she looks a bit uncertain but goes to the back to look for it, and fails. She goes back to the counter and ignores me.

A couple minutes later, a manager shows up. He goes in back and is unable to find ACR. I'm offering hints like "it's probably in a box marked for release today", but they are unable to locate it. Okay I say, give me Skyrim and MW3 then. We hit the register in electronics. A second employee pops in and wants to clock in with the register before we check out.

Manager then scans my SYWR card and everything rings up correctly, 2nd game at 50%. I have him use ~$2.50 worth of credit on my SYWR and then give him the gaming coupons (this may have been the wrong order for things, idk). The coupons do not scan. At this point employee #3 has appeared and is in the mix, and I try not to be concerned at the sight of 2 employees and a manager staring at the cash register completely bewildered. They read the terms over, making sure I'm not breaking any rules. I suggest they void everything out and try the coupons before the SYWR credit, but the 3 of them can't seem to get this to work, pecking at the register like it's a nuclear control panel. :wall:

Eventually manager takes some initiative and walks me to the service desk in front of the store, where employee #4 (who seems to have cracked the complex labyrinth of keys on the register) completes the transaction fairly easily. Apparently my last transaction was not voided, as my SYWR credit is unavailable (it still shows redeemed online, too, even though transaction #1 wasn't completed), so lost a couple bucks there, but at this point I just wanted out of the store. 23 minutes later, I escaped with 1 of 2 games I wanted. Ended up buying ACR at Walmart for $42 after tax, although I would have preferred buying at Kmart since it was about the same price after discounts.

Love the deals, not crazy about the employees. :whistle2:|

Another great experience at store #4972 Lubbock, TX. Went in, the employee was already there stacking games. Told her that I wanted Skyrim and Halo. Both rang up with the sale, scanned my rewards card, scanned both a $20 and a $15 coupon. Total = $48.69! I love Kmart and its sales. Now only more game this season and that should be it, Skyward Sword.

[quote name='diljs']...pecking at the register like it's a nuclear control panel. :wall:[/QUOTE]

^ This.

The corpse of a woman that waited on me this afternoon did the same thing trying to scan my coupon. Poke, scan, poke, scan, poke poke, scan, poke poke, scan, ~sigh~ (looks around), poke poke poke, "can I see your card again," scan, poke, poke, scan.

Finally the coupon scanned. Took forever... so long that the person behind me in line waiting to pay for a TV said "**** this" and left.

Perfect transaction (like always) for my Racine, WI store #3851. Pat is the electronics guy there and he is always on top of things. I got Skyrim and Halo:Anniversary (Xmas for nephew). Used my $50 in coupons (he asked) and then applied my $5.16 in SYWR points for a grand total of $26.08 out the door. Thanks Josh!

[quote name='diljs'] pecking at the register like it's a nuclear control panel. :wall:
[/QUOTE]

anyone else immediately think of homer?

homer-simpson-any-key.jpeg

[quote name='confoosious']anyone else immediately think of homer?

homer-simpson-any-key.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Where's the any key?

Homer still cracked that case faster than the guy discovered the "kmart cash" button to redeem a gift card last week.

First bad experience in central Illinois (Peoria). Zero copies of Skyrim on the 360 and the store never received Saints Row. So much for $50 in coupons from last week. Can't even buy what I want with them.

Also, the store never got Assassins Creed or Rayman Origins today. Pathetic.

[quote name='Serpentor']Do we know the Zelda LE allocations? I don't want to experience the MW3 Hardened Edition fiasco all over again...[/QUOTE]

Josh or Stock Boy said a few days ago that all stores would get like 1-3 copies in, so you better be there at opening if you want to try to be sure to get one.

[quote name='WingsDJY']First bad experience in central Illinois (Peoria). Zero copies of Skyrim on the 360 and the store never received Saints Row. So much for $50 in coupons from last week. Can't even buy what I want with them.

Also, the store never got Assassins Creed or Rayman Origins today. Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Its a Tuesday which means they just got the shipments in and like a lot of Kmarts are too lazy to put them out. Contact stockboy with the store info, and you'll see them mysteriously find their shipment right after. Works every time.

[quote name='rawrker']Its a Tuesday which means they just got the shipments in and like a lot of Kmarts are too lazy to put them out. Contact stockboy with the store info, and you'll see them mysteriously find their shipment right after. Works every time.[/QUOTE]

Stores no longer get shipments the day a game comes out, unless its a really really niche game at Gamestop.

Most stores, K-Mart included, receives their games days in advance so these problems don't happen. Josh has even stated multiple times that all K-Marts receive the big name games way in advance of the sale date.

Sad it doesnt seem like many people are buying Rayman. Not surprising with everything else out and that it'll obviously drop pretty quick but still...:cry:

Anyway got Rayman + Saints Row + Mario 3D for $49 after coupons. Got the $15 coupon no problem and now have $30 in coupons to put towards the Zelda Bundle on Sunday. Sweeet.

I suppose I'll be getting Mario Kart 3DS with that $20 Zelda coupon but honestly I'd rather just have $5 - $10 off on Mario Kart as opposed to another coupon so I can end my train. I'd just end it with a points card but it seems like maybe they dont work anymore?

My Kmart had no copies of any of the new releases except for Halo Anniversary so i used my $15 coupon on it.. Thank goodness Walmart had Assassins Creed Revelations for 39.95 or i would've been pissed! :headache:

Two copies of Halo Anniversary for a whopping $10.
Gail in electronics was happy to see me, as always, and I even helped her out figure why somebody couldn't use two $15 coupons at once. He was trying to use two from the same promo. Probably two $15 coupons from last week.
Shame that she wants to leave that store ASAP because nobody else in electronics is worth a damn, but I told her that when she goes, I probably follow. I don't think I could deal with a Kmart like some of you here are stuck with. Incompetent employees are not worth keeping...

Went to Kmart #7654, Bronx, NY. (Note to Josh: registers are not giving B1G1/2, manager would like to know if you can correct to prevent future problems.)

Picked up SR3 & AC:R. Each game comes up as $49.99 each. I'm happy and figured the price had dropped since the last time I checked CAG. $50 Coupons applied correctly. $5.29 SYWR points applied correctly.

Total, with tax: $48.66. I'm very happy.

As I'm driving home and now about a mile away from the store, I'm telling my friend about the great deal. It then occurs to me that the math of the transaction is all wrong: they never applied the B1G1/2 offer.

I return and have to speak with a manager. She gladly refunds 1/2 off for one of the games - $27.22.

SR3 & AC:R new total: $21.44

I'm loving these Kmart deals!!

EDIT: Didn't see MGS: HD anywhere. I hope that this store gets a bunch of copies in for BF.

I'm finally able to post, woohoo! I'm new to the CAG community, just wanted to thank all of you guys here. Reading your posts kept me updated on the issues and deals that were going on.

I've never shopped games at Kmart till I found this thread. Started the coupon train with Batman Arkham City and ended today with Rayman Origins and Saint's Row The Third for $20! :)

So once again, thanks.

[quote name='diljs']Went to store 3444 today and got to deal with 3 delightfully incompetent employees and a manager.

Arrived at 7:00, right when the store opened. Headed for electronics in search of ACR and Skyrim with my $35+$15 gaming coupons from last week. Skyrim in display case, ACR not. No big deal I think, it's probably in back, and head to the counter. 5 minute wait and emplyee #1 shows up. I ask her for the game, she looks a bit uncertain but goes to the back to look for it, and fails. She goes back to the counter and ignores me.

A couple minutes later, a manager shows up. He goes in back and is unable to find ACR. I'm offering hints like "it's probably in a box marked for release today", but they are unable to locate it. Okay I say, give me Skyrim and MW3 then. We hit the register in electronics. A second employee pops in and wants to clock in with the register before we check out.

Manager then scans my SYWR card and everything rings up correctly, 2nd game at 50%. I have him use ~$2.50 worth of credit on my SYWR and then give him the gaming coupons (this may have been the wrong order for things, idk). The coupons do not scan. At this point employee #3 has appeared and is in the mix, and I try not to be concerned at the sight of 2 employees and a manager staring at the cash register completely bewildered. They read the terms over, making sure I'm not breaking any rules. I suggest they void everything out and try the coupons before the SYWR credit, but the 3 of them can't seem to get this to work, pecking at the register like it's a nuclear control panel. :wall:

Eventually manager takes some initiative and walks me to the service desk in front of the store, where employee #4 (who seems to have cracked the complex labyrinth of keys on the register) completes the transaction fairly easily. Apparently my last transaction was not voided, as my SYWR credit is unavailable (it still shows redeemed online, too, even though transaction #1 wasn't completed), so lost a couple bucks there, but at this point I just wanted out of the store. 23 minutes later, I escaped with 1 of 2 games I wanted. Ended up buying ACR at Walmart for $42 after tax, although I would have preferred buying at Kmart since it was about the same price after discounts.

Love the deals, not crazy about the employees. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Exactly what happened to me last week with two copies of MW3 and the Batrman $30 coupon. Had $27 in SYWR points, and he entered those in no problem. Then it wouldn't take off the $30 coupon.

So I had to go to customer service, but there was (no joke) 15 people waiting, and one cashier. So I went to regular checkstand to try it. My points say 0 now. So I had to call a manager. Long story short, it took an hour and a half to buy two games.

I did make sure I got my SYWR points back. I'd complain if I were you. $2 is $2.

Extremely disappointed with the Reynoldsburg, Ohio store. After a store manager completely ignored me I waited 10 minutes for someone to finally show up in electronics. I was met with two employees that had no clue what was going on. At first they claimed Saints Row did not come out today. I finally convinced them to check for that and Skyrim. Of course they didn't have either. I wish I didn't buy my 2 games last week for the coupons. Now I don't know what to do with my $50 in coupons since I can't buy what I was planning. I'm sure there's no chance of getting a rain check either.

Hi Josh,

Question for you. I went to the store today in hopes of getting the Sly Collection (PS3). On your PS3 price drop list, this is written.

Skate 2 ps3 15452 - $12.99
skate ps3 15418/ps3 - $12.99
sly 3 ps2 sly 3 ps3 - $12.99
socom confrontaps3 98183 - $12.99
socom: Confrontps3 bundle 98152 - $14.99

I interpreted it to mean that Sly collection was $12.99 since it is a PS3 game and it includes Sly 2 and 3 from PS2. The game actually rang up at $29.99. Was the error in the price drop list, whereby the game should have been listed in the PS2 category (which it is not), or is there an issue with the Kmart systems?

I'm excited to get the game at a magic pricepoint of $12.99. I hope that is the case.

Thanks for everything you do.

Ugh. So I have $50 in Gaming Coupons to be used, and I want MW3. I already have the PC version of Skyrim and am picking up Halo from Gamestop later.

I want my other game then to be Rayman, which I really want, I just hate knowing that it will likely be down to $30 really soon anyways. Not only is it an Ubisoft game and that has been a very common trend with them lately, but also because there is little to no marketing for it and the game will likely be a sales flop despite the core gameplay being fun as hell.

Smooth as butter transaction at my local K-Mart as always. Arrived a little after Noon and all the new releases were in the case. Picked up AC: R and SR3. Used my $50 in coupons and $$2.92 in SYWR points. Total out of pocket for both games was $40.28. $20 for two AAA titles on release day? What a steal. These two games probably won't be $20 for at least another year.

I don't get what all the fuss last week was about with the coupons possibly not working or that they technically shouldn't work, etc. etc. I had no worries that the coupons would work and that they should work. Anyways, happy to get rid of all my coupons and hopping off the train for the year. Picked up every AAA title this Fall season. Can't wait to hop back on the train on 1/31/12 and snag FFXIII-2 that will probably come with a $20 coupon :D

Question about the Zelda Bundle with controller. Do you get a $20 coupon with that one as well, or is it just with the standalone?

[quote name='JP73']Question about the Zelda Bundle with controller. Do you get a $20 coupon with that one as well, or is it just with the standalone?[/QUOTE]You get the $20 coupon with both versions. :)

Based on all the buzz I'm hearing about the LoZ:SS bundle, I'm considering buying it myself if my Kmart has one available on Sunday, but would it really be worth it? I have a MotionPlus attachment from the Red Steel 2 bundle ($9.98 on clearance at Target, and my first deal of this year \\:D/ Ah, the memories...), so I don't necessarily need the remote, but I'm hearing that it might be less troublesome to use a Wii Remote Plus rather than the MotionPlus attachment with a standard Wii Remote since you might have to recalibrate the thing if you move it too much. Also, the gold remote looks sweeeeet.

I suppose I could always trade in one of my Wiimotes to GS and replace it with the Gold one, but... :???:

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

[quote name='Vigilante']You get the $20 coupon with both versions. :)

Based on all the buzz I'm hearing about the LoZ:SS bundle, I'm considering buying it myself if my Kmart has one available on Sunday, but would it really be worth it? I have a MotionPlus attachment from the Red Steel 2 bundle ($9.98 on clearance at Target, and my first deal of this year \\:D/ Ah, the memories...), so I don't necessarily need the remote, but I'm hearing that it might be less troublesome to use a Wii Remote Plus rather than the MotionPlus attachment with a standard Wii Remote since you might have to recalibrate the thing if you move it too much. Also, the gold remote looks sweeeeet.

I suppose I could always trade in one of my Wiimotes to GS and replace it with the Gold one, but... :???:

Can anyone offer any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I prefer the Remotes with the Motion Plus built in. It seems that you have to calibrate them in game way less than the original ones. Plus the re-sell value of these limited edition official Nintendo controllers is usually pretty high, in case you want to get rid of it down the road. I sold my Red Remote from my Red Wii Bundle for about 40 bucks.

Plus, this bundle is only 40 bucks more. That remote, as mentioned, is definitely worth more than 20 bucks.

And as far as the coupon, can I ask how you know this? Not saying you don't know or anything, just want to make sure.

Dropped into Kmart #3405 this morning with $65 in gaming coupons.

I noticed they only had the PS3 versions of Rayman (which was the version I was after) and Saints Row: The Third out. I asked if they had any copirs of SR3 for Xbox 360 and they offered to go to the back and check. A few minutes later they came out with boxes of games.

I picked up Rayman and SR3 plus I used my last gaming coupon on Dead Rising 2: Off The Record.

I appreciate that the store workers took the initiative to go to the back without me asking them.

Excellent experience.

[quote name='JP73']I prefer the Remotes with the Motion Plus built in. It seems that you have to calibrate them in game way less than the original ones. Plus the re-sell value of these limited edition official Nintendo controllers is usually pretty high, in case you want to get rid of it down the road. I sold my Red Remote from my Red Wii Bundle for about 40 bucks.

Plus, this bundle is only 40 bucks more. That remote, as mentioned, is definitely worth more than 20 bucks.

And as far as the coupon, can I ask how you know this? Not saying you don't know or anything, just want to make sure.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the input (I'm pretty sure you meant "this bundle is only 20 bucks more", but that's nitpicking ;)). I guess I'll just decide when I go on Sunday--if there are any bundles in stock, I'll get one; otherwise, I'll be happy with the standard edition.

As for how I know about the coupon applying to both editions, I don't have a direct link, but I'm pretty sure that it was confirmed on the Kmartgamer Facebook page once or twice.

Used up my LAST kmart gaming coupon (for now) @ store 3363. Went smooth. Taking a break from FPS's to play SR3 tonight!

Thanks again Josh for setting up these deals. I've been 'ridin the train' since the Alice deal and my wallet's relieved to get off the train for awhile.

Josh- went to my local Kmart (Paramus, NJ) for AssRev -2 copies. They had no new copies out. No Skyrim, no assRev, No Rayman, and No Saints Row for either system. 2 guys in electronics areveally cool-Derek and John. They agreed to check in the back again for me and came out with . . .
12 copies of Rage for Xbox and 5 copies of MW3. This is getting ridiculous. I went in for Uncharted 3 a few weeks ago, harry potter last week, ratchet weeks before and no copies.
I WANT to give my money to Kmart and they just don't seem to want it. My frustration level is very close to never going to Kmart again, no matter how good the deals. I hate Best Buy but they always have the games-why can't Kmart do this. Your frustration must be unbelievable. I explained how this was a pretty big week with amazing deals and 2 huge releases, and they say they don't have them. Sorry about the rant but it really shouldn't be this hard to give my money away.

I got my 4 games at Memphis (Rayman, Saints Row 3, ACR, and NFS) and used my 2 sets of $50 coupons in 2 different transaction. It's like paying $19.99 for each game.

All games were in the glass case upon arrival. Electronics guy was overwhelmed with layaways due to the new location of it is in the other end of the store but managed to tender my transactions out. Was out in less than 20 minutes. Thanks KMartGamer team!

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for the input[/QUOTE]
You got post #6666 :evil:

Quick question regarding the standard version of Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, does it come with the music CD as well? The box art seems to indicate so....

Thanks

[quote name='thanossurfer']Quick question regarding the standard version of Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, does it come with the music CD as well? The box art seems to indicate so....

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes it does.

Picked up MW3 and SR3 for 360. Plenty of copies of all new games in the cases. Got the 50 percent and used my coupon from last week without a hitch. It was about $42 out the door.

Thanks again for the awesome deals, Josh. Kmart rocks!

[quote name='AU6294TX']Cheapy, This is there Thanksgiving Day ad. They did it last year. Only good on Thanksgiving Day.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

usually my kmart is on top of their shit...but this time they're slipping up. They STILL havnt gotten in super mario 3d land...and they have no idea when they'll even get them in...

Unfortunately the K-Mart I go to was out of Skyrim for PS3 so I settled with Saints Row Instead. $40 for Saints Row and Assassins Creed though, Can't Complain at all.

Guess I'm emailing Josh...no coupon printed with Mario. :/

Well, a stupid "save $5 on holiday lighting coupon" did...but not the one I wanted!

Might pick up Dark Souls on Thanksgiving, since I missed out last time it was on sale.
I hope my store finds their copies of Halo. They had everything else out, but no idea where Halo CEA was. I picked up my AC:R and SR3, but if they can't find Halo by the end of the week, I have no idea what to do with my last $50 in coupons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back