KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks kmart, for another hell of a deal. Got saints row 3 and assassins creed revelations for 42 dollars after the b1g1 50% off and my 50 dollars in coupons. Im playing ACR right now! :D

Tried to unload all the coupons and get off from the coupon train, but ends up as the first horrible experience in my favorite store...

I made a purchase for two games at the NYC Penn Station store this afternoon. I asked the cashier if the game was qualified for the Buy One Get One 50% promotion. He looked at the memo, and said yes. However, the system did not take off discount at the end and the cashier already scanned my coupons (I used $15, $35, and $20 gaming coupons) and hit the "total" button before I recognized the problem. He told me to finish off the transaction and then go to the customer service section to have the manager overwrite it.

When I got to the customer service desk, the manager said the game was not qualified for promotion, and refused to give me the adjustment. The cashier spoke to him on the phone and mentioned the game was one of games listed on the promotion paper. The manager accepted, but soon as he scanned the receipt, then he said my games were not returnable because I used coupons on the transaction.

Suddenly, a female supervisor stepped in, and got involved with our conversation. She gave me an excuse about the issue: "gaming coupon can not combine with any promotion." I said that was not true and I brought up the fine print on the coupon. Then she looked at my receipt, and said it was because I used more than one coupon. She also called the electronics section cashier immediately, and blamed him allowing people to use multiple coupons. I said gaming coupons were not free because I paid to get them, they should be treated as cash, and also mentioned the game coupon policy never limit the combination of coupons from different offer IDs. At the end, both managers just refused to deal with me anymore, and told me to take the game and have a nice day. The female manager also added a sentence: "don't be greedy, you already got two games in one price..."

The associates in the store are wonderful, and my first experience to deal with the managers there is just horrible...

I wish a no-hassle online coupon system will completely launch next year, before that I just avoid to do game shopping at Kmart...

[quote name='metrostar']Tried to unload all the coupons and get off from the coupon train, but ends up as the first horrible experience in my favorite store...

I made a purchase for two games at the NYC Penn Station store this afternoon.....[/QUOTE]

What games did you buy?

Got another set of skyrim / MW3 (first set for nephews birthday) for $33 after coupons and points quick and easy. Now only 2 copies left of skyrim at rensselaer store.

[quote name='The 7th Number']thanks kmart, for another hell of a deal. Got saints row 3 and assassins creed revelations for 42 dollars after the b1g1 50% off and my 50 dollars in coupons. Im playing ACR right now! :D[/QUOTE]
I finished Brotherhood last weekend, so I want to start Revelations. And I love Saint's Row, so my copy of Number 3 is sitting here in front of me.

But I can't stop playing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I don't know when I will get to the other two, or back to Skyrim or CoD or Battlefield or Gears. UMvC3 is just too much.

[quote name='metrostar']Tried to unload all the coupons and get off from the coupon train, but ends up as the first horrible experience in my favorite store...

I made a purchase for two games at the NYC Penn Station store this afternoon. I asked the cashier if the game was qualified for the Buy One Get One 50% promotion. He looked at the memo, and said yes. However, the system did not take off discount at the end and the cashier already scanned my coupons (I used $15, $35, and $20 gaming coupons) and hit the "total" button before I recognized the problem. He told me to finish off the transaction and then go to the customer service section to have the manager overwrite it.

When I got to the customer service desk, the manager said the game was not qualified for promotion, and refused to give me the adjustment. The cashier spoke to him on the phone and mentioned the game was one of games listed on the promotion paper. The manager accepted, but soon as he scanned the receipt, then he said my games were not returnable because I used coupons on the transaction.

Suddenly, a female supervisor stepped in, and got involved with our conversation. She gave me an excuse about the issue: "gaming coupon can not combine with any promotion." I said that was not true and I brought up the fine print on the coupon. Then she looked at my receipt, and said it was because I used more than one coupon. She also called the electronics section cashier immediately, and blamed him allowing people to use multiple coupons. I said gaming coupons were not free because I paid to get them, they should be treated as cash, and also mentioned the game coupon policy never limit the combination of coupons from different offer IDs. At the end, both managers just refused to deal with me anymore, and told me to take the game and have a nice day. The female manager also added a sentence: "don't be greedy, you already got two games in one price..."

The associates in the store are wonderful, and my first experience to deal with the managers there is just horrible...

I wish a no-hassle online coupon system will completely launch next year, before that I just avoid to do game shopping at Kmart...[/QUOTE]

And yet everyone was bitchin about everyone asking the same question over and over again. I'm sorry, but even on the OFFICIAL BLOG it states that it's up to the store and that they CAN DENY.

[quote name='confoosious']Does anyone know what the one prompt on the register (something like) "No other products allowed in this transaction" or something means? I kinda can guess but I'm already afraid the cashier will take it to mean I can't stack coupons.[/QUOTE]

This is the message pops up when your first coupon is scanned. What it means is that they cannot add any more items to the transaction once it accepts the coupon, though I've had to help a cashier more than once with what it meant.

The way it's written is pretty intimidating...

[quote name='diljs']I have him use ~$2.50 worth of credit on my SYWR and then give him the gaming coupons (this may have been the wrong order for things, idk).[/QUOTE]

That would be the source of the coupon difficulties, yes. Always use coupons first. Coupons are coded as a discount, not as a form of payment. This is why people usually report that the coupons reduce the amount of tax owed as well depending on the state.

Points, on the other hand, are a method of payment, same as using cash or credit.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Josh or Stock Boy said a few days ago that all stores would get like 1-3 copies in, so you better be there at opening if you want to try to be sure to get one.[/QUOTE]

He actually said that every store would get about 3, though I definitely wouldn't dawdle this Sunday if you want the Skyward Sword bundle.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'd just end it with a points card but it seems like maybe they dont work anymore?[/QUOTE]

I've only seen the usual assortment of people saying they had a cashier tell them they can't. Last that Josh and his crew reported, they still work. (My understanding is that points are a gaming accessory, though I don't recall that ever being confirmed.)

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I finished Brotherhood last weekend, so I want to start Revelations. And I love Saint's Row, so my copy of Number 3 is sitting here in front of me.

But I can't stop playing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I don't know when I will get to the other two, or back to Skyrim or CoD or Battlefield or Gears. UMvC3 is just too much.[/QUOTE]
That's sort of how I felt, until I started playing Skyrim. Right now, I'm currently spending more time figuring out how to build my character than actually playing it. Save me!

I'm now the proud owner of SR3 and Skyrim. I think I may have to hold off on Zelda due to slaying dragons and punching prostitutes. Thanks again, Josh!

Flawless transaction at the Oregon, OH KMart. Rayman and Halo for $32 after coupons. I got to help some lady christmas shop for her kids while waiting for a girl to come open the game case. This lady bought 3 copies of MW3, 3 copies of Skyrim and 2 Raymans. She was going to buy MW2 but I assured her that her kids most likely meant MW3 (they had written down 'call of duty warfare').

OP updated with Thanksgiving Day ad.

Some of those sales repeat themselves either on Friday or on both Friday and Saturday.

I wish a no-hassle online coupon system will completely launch next year, before that I just avoid to do game shopping at Kmart...[/QUOTE]

So what game did you try to buy?

I had to go to 3 different stores and wasted 2 hours before I finally found a Kmart with Saints Row 3 in stock. The first two stores (Fairfax and Chantilly, VA) told me they didn't get any of the new games (AC:B, SR:III or Rayman) today, and I ended up having to drive all the way out to Manassas to find a copy of Saints Row. The guy in Manassas was very friendly and the transaction went smoothly, so at least that's a plus. He mentioned that his store got MW3 3 days late last week.

It's this sort of thing that keeps me from shopping at Kmart. If you can't have games in on release date, and you have coupons that have to be used the following week, what good is the sale? I have to give props to the friendly service I've received last week and today, but the bottom line is if I'm going to waste time and gas driving to 3 different stores to get a game, it's not worth the savings. A brand new 24-hour Walmart just opened across the street from my Kmart, and if that store doesn't get its act together, it won't be around much longer.

got sr3 and skyrim using the b1 50% off plus the 20 dollar gaming coupon i got from lotr a couple weeks ago so technically paid $10 for one of these games. Thanks for running these promotions

[quote name='confoosious']So what game did you try to buy?[/QUOTE]

gotta be the problem. hopefully i dont have any of these issues with coupons. the cashiers in my most frequented kmart are really cool. one knows (vaguely, but thats more than most) about the coupons, one games a bit, and the other really works to make sure shits organized and put out, and puts a bit of conversation into the transaction. can't wait. prob gonna pick up skyrim and either nfs or rayman. hmm...

Anyone know if the collector's editions of Epic Mickey are on sale (the one with the Wii skin, remote skin, "extra disc" and mickey figure?) I saw a few out on a shelf today, but didn't have time to check the price.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']gotta be the problem. hopefully i dont have any of these issues with coupons. the cashiers in my most frequented kmart are really cool. one knows (vaguely, but thats more than most) about the coupons, one games a bit, and the other really works to make sure shits organized and put out, and puts a bit of conversation into the transaction. can't wait. prob gonna pick up skyrim and either nfs or rayman. hmm...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean it sucks he got treated like that by the managers but he probably tried to get b1g1 on a game that's not on the list. Nobody else has reported that the 50% didn't ring up.
----

hey dino88 - i noticed meth has been banned. i guess we were right. I didn't report him - did you?

----

[quote name='ROB64']Anyone know if the collector's editions of Epic Mickey are on sale (the one with the Wii skin, remote skin, "extra disc" and mickey figure?) I saw a few out on a shelf today, but didn't have time to check the price.[/QUOTE]

you know, I've seen a lot of those too. Absolutely no interest in it but I hardly ever see any CEs one sale at kmart.

[quote name='confoosious']hey dino88 - i noticed meth has been banned. i guess we were right. I didn't report him - did you?
[/QUOTE]

No, I've never reported anyone. That's funny though.

[quote name='Linkgx1']And yet everyone was bitchin about everyone asking the same question over and over again. I'm sorry, but even on the OFFICIAL BLOG it states that it's up to the store and that they CAN DENY.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what is so hard about these transactions and all these horror stories. The transaction should be smooth as butter. First off, you don't even have to mention any deal to the cashier. Just let him/her ring up the games and let the system do all the work, provided the two games ARE part of the BOGO deal. Then, just let them ring both games up and THEN bust out your coupons. Don't say anything to try and complicate the matter. The coupons should scan just fine. I don't see what's so hard about all this.

Of course we will all hear about the negative stories more than the positive stories, but whenever I read these horror stories, all I can do is SMH because I feel sorry for you people. I am so glad my K-Mart has competent employees working the electronics section and some of them are gamers as well. They always get new releases on time and put them in the glass case before Noon. Absolutely no problems at all at my local K-Mart. :D

[quote name='The 7th Number']thanks kmart, for another hell of a deal. Got saints row 3 and assassins creed revelations for 42 dollars after the b1g1 50% off and my 50 dollars in coupons. Im playing ACR right now! :D[/QUOTE]

Hey can you tell me how the Assassin creed and Saint Row are. I heard need for speed was terrible so Im thinking about buying these two only. It should be 90-50$coupon=40 plus tax. Even though thats only 20 bucks a game, I can't waste money if the game isn't worth it. Thanks:lol:

[quote name='PenguinoMF']What games did you buy?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']So what game did you try to buy?[/QUOTE]

2 copies of Skyrim. I read the OP and asked the guy before making the purchase.

[quote name='Linkgx1']And yet everyone was bitchin about everyone asking the same question over and over again. I'm sorry, but even on the OFFICIAL BLOG it states that it's up to the store and that they CAN DENY.[/QUOTE]

Of course they can deny, but cashier had a store memo to say the game was qualified for the offer. He actually showed me and read out the paper in front of the managers. I just can't understand how the managers ignore the memo and created their own policies here.

The cashier admitted it was his fault not to check the price first, and I agree to take part of responsibility as I should not keep my eyes off the register screen. however, my main concern is either of two managers should take a better action to solve this problem instead of accusing a customer to cause the issue, especially that female one. She sounded like I got all these coupons free and I should not complaint even it was the system problem. and who gave her right to yell out a customer "greedy" in public?

If you bought 2 copies of Skyrim and one wasn't discounted to $30, then just send a copy of your receipt to Josh and see if he can help you. Simple as that.

[quote name='confoosious']If you bought 2 copies of Skyrim and one wasn't discounted to $30, then just send a copy of your receipt to Josh and see if he can help you. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

yes, I just did it, but I also want to bring up the story so others aware the issue. their store system probably was not updated yet, because I saw there was another customer need overwrite to get his games too. The difference was he didn't use coupons but I did. I guess I trust too much on the system this time...

ps. Penn Station sold out AC:R in both systems, no Skyrim and SR3 in xbox and no NFS: Run yet as 5:00 PM.

killing me to have to wait until friday payday for SR3, Rayman, and Halo Anniversary..

Plus best buy's bullshit of not having my UMvC3 pre-order in stock today!!

are there going to be unadvertised sales for thanksgiving and black friday like last year? I would love to use my mario 3d coupon on the b1g50% off but they wont be active until next week :( ... I would really like to pick up rayman origins this week if there isnt going to be a sale next week on it.

Bought Mario 3D. I had given up Kmart since my local store never has the games in stock with coupons. I plan on attempting to use the 15 coupon on Zelda next week. I love the deals, but not my store.

[quote name='kouleefoh']ah man picked up Skyrim and SR 3 this morning for $43 after coupons. SR3 is a blast.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. Some reviews were stating that some missions were boring as hell....any truth to that so far?

I got SR3 and Skyrim for $10...

Used the $50 coupon on the original priced game. Then used my Reward points (~$30) for the 50% off game.

The only problem I ran into was the fact that the first Kmart I went to didn't have SR3 in stock. They somehow sold out. So I had to drive over 20 miles to the next closest Kmart to find it. I bought a 2nd copy of Skyrim as an exchange filler. The first customer service lady had no clue how to handle this exchange and did a return instead of an even exchange. They had to call in the manager to fix this issue. Took a while, but in the end, I got my 2 brand new (release) games for almost free. I love Kmart (Gamer)!

Josh I know probably not possible but saw next weeks Target ad and they are having WWE 12 on release for 47 dollars. Anyway to get that as a deal for Black friday or thanksgiving day?

Wow I'm in total shock right now. So I went Sunday to my nearest Kmart to purchase a copy of MW3 for myself and Uncharted 3 for a buddy. The B1G1 50% + $50 coupon from last week makes this an amazing deal.

I have been swamped with work and was finishing another game so I hadn't gotten a chance to to play MW3 yet. I finally get some time tonight open up the game and the first thing I notice is the disc is rattling around inside the case. I open it hoping its not scratched, unfortunately it is all around. But then I notice that the disc face feels odd not slick like a legit :360: disc but like a print & paste cover. I also notice the bottom is a bluish shade like a generic :dvd:. I start thinking what the hell is this, pop it in and it turns out to be a fucking bootleg copy of Toy Story 3 DVD. Seriously what the fuck!!! I dunno at what point in the stocking of games the swap happened but I'm torn between really pissed and mildly impressed with the whole repackaging.

Best part now I get to go back to Kmart to try to explain the situation, I really hope whoever I get at customer service is understanding.....

[quote name='8eight']Wow I'm in total shock right now. So I went Sunday to my nearest Kmart to purchase a copy of MW3 for myself and Uncharted 3 for a buddy. The B1G1 50% + $50 coupon from last week makes this an amazing deal.

I have been swamped with work and was finishing another game so I hadn't gotten a chance to to play MW3 yet. I finally get some time tonight open up the game and the first thing I notice is the disc is rattling around inside the case. I open it hoping its not scratched, unfortunately it is all around. But then I notice that the disc face feels odd not slick like a legit :360: disc but like a print & paste cover. I also notice the bottom is a bluish shade like a generic :dvd:. I start thinking what the hell is this, pop it in and it turns out to be a fucking bootleg copy of Toy Story 3 DVD. Seriously what the fuck!!! I dunno at what point in the stocking of games the swap happened but I'm torn between really pissed and mildly impressed with the whole repackaging.

Best part now I get to go back to Kmart to try to explain the situation, I really hope whoever I get at customer service is understanding.....[/QUOTE]

seems like a savvy customer got a free game and a free refund.

[quote name='8eight']Wow I'm in total shock right now. So I went Sunday to my nearest Kmart to purchase a copy of MW3 for myself and Uncharted 3 for a buddy. The B1G1 50% + $50 coupon from last week makes this an amazing deal.

Best part now I get to go back to Kmart to try to explain the situation, I really hope whoever I get at customer service is understanding.....[/QUOTE]

For the love of god please post pics

[quote name='coldstreakd']I second this request![/QUOTE]

I third that :lol:. But how the hell did that happen. Was the clear plastic torn from any end. There is no way that this happened by the manufacturer. Its clearly a smartass cheap fuck who did this.

[quote name='metrostar']yes, I just did it, but I also want to bring up the story so others aware the issue. their store system probably was not updated yet, because I saw there was another customer need overwrite to get his games too. The difference was he didn't use coupons but I did. I guess I trust too much on the system this time...

ps. Penn Station sold out AC:R in both systems, no Skyrim and SR3 in xbox and no NFS: Run yet as 5:00 PM.[/QUOTE]

Whatttt, no SR3 either? I was planning on using my coupon on that if they didn't restock Skyrim for 360.

Dammit. May need to drop by the other Kmart in Astor Place because this is getting ridiculous. Problem is that would take me totally and completely away from my work commute.

First experience with Kmart in ages went well. Picked up a red 3DS and Super mario land!

Store 3624 in longwood. Kmart is as dirty as ever but the employee Mark was helpful and overall it was a quick and easy process

Buy AC:R and SR3 for .83 cents? #surewhynot

IMG_1929.jpg

Josh, can you help me out? I went to the Lombard, IL store and they had Skyrim 360 and Halo Anniversary but they tell me the SYWR system is down and they cannot enter coupons. I had them hold my copies (last one of Skyrim) but when I checked last nite they were still down. Hopefully they are up today but if not; can I buy them and email you the receipt and coupons then get a gift card? Coupons are only good to the 23rd and I'm thinking they are going to run out of stock.

p.s. I also checked Des Plaines IL and they were down as well.

Thank you for updating the OP to answer both my questions:

:wii: Buy The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, either the game itself or the controller bundle, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Coupon valid starting on Thanksgiving Day, November 24. source

Hey Josh,

All the thanksgiving/BF sales, can I use my wifes sears discount card, but she works at kmart, to get 10% off? Just wondering because normally with sale items and advertised items you can't get a discount at Kmart. :(

Just thought i would ask as you would know for sure.

Again Thanks

ok, so I ordered online last week, and it said my $35/15 coupon will show up in my cart when i buy a game after the 15th....but no dice. Anyone got any ideas why my coupon would be missing online?

[quote name='Strigol']ok, so I ordered online last week, and it said my $35/15 coupon will show up in my cart when i buy a game after the 15th....but no dice. Anyone got any ideas why my coupon would be missing online?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was in-store only?

started as instore only, but a couple days later went online also, Gas=shipping as it's an hour away to my kmart so I hit up online, but now dont see my coupon :(

Out of stock of AC:R in Salem, NH. Was going to grab that along with Rayman. Disappointed that I'll have to shop elsewhere for it.

How has stock been on these releases in general? I'm hoping waiting until friday won't make me miss out on Rayman/SR3..

Just wondering about some general impressions from those that have already picked up their games. Waiting for payday, too many games coming out recently!

[quote name='jer7583']How has stock been on these releases in general? I'm hoping waiting until friday won't make me miss out on Rayman/SR3..[/QUOTE]

AC:R and Skyrim were both OOS in Salem, NH. I saw Rayman and SR3, plus plenty of MW3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back