KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to snag what seemed like the last few copies of Rayman and Saints Row 3 at the kmart on Olentangy River, OH. Thanks Josh, keep up the good work. Can't wait to play my new games this weekend.

Because my Uncharted 3 coupon never printed because the system was down at Kmart when I bought it, I emailed the SHCgamer guys and they said they'd ship me a gift card within 10 business days. It's been over 2 weeks and I haven't received it. I contacted them about it and still have never heard back. Any ideas guys? The last game I'm buying in like forever is gonna be Zelda and I'd love to use it on that and not let the gift card go to waste...

So, Sunday's coming up and I'm wondering how I should go about nabbing a Zelda/Wiimote+ bundle. I realize there will be a very limited stock for each store (around 3) and I need to know if I should call ahead of time to have it held for me, show up at the store at midnight (don't think that's when it'll be released), or if I should get to the electronics department on the dawn of the 1st day and hope I'm not too late.

[quote name='MSUHitman']South St. Louis County is sold out of Skyrim on 360 while they're sitting on over 50 copies of Halo & 100 of MW3. Whomever took inventory control from you guys needs to be slapped. FYI they were also out of AC: R on PS3. All other recent releases were there.

Hopefully the more run down store closer to where I work will have Skyrim & Halo tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

The one on ST. Charles Rock Rd in Bridgeton had copies of Skyrim, Halo, and every other new release on Tuesday night. I grabbed Skyrim and Saint's Row, used my $50 in coupons with no problem. The one in O'fallon(MO) was out of Skyrim already on Tuesday, and still out of uncharted 3(they were out of stock on 11/8 as well).

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Hmm now what to use my $35 coupon on.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat with my $50 in coupons.

I perpetually have way more games then I will ever play but I need to use them on something. I already have Skyrim and most every other big game from the last few months. Most of the friends and relatives that I might get a game for Christmas are already pretty much taken care of.

SR3 definitely looks like the most fun so getting that for $10 AC is tempting, but knowing I could get another game for 1/2 off makes it hard to leave it at that.

Rayman looks amazing and I enjoyed the demo, but let's face, that game is going to drop like a rock before long.

I never finished AC1 or AC2 and still have Brotherhood unopened so it makes no sense to get that.

Getting two copies of Halo for $10 AC is quite enticing as well, as I'm sure I can use one for a gift still.

Decisions decisions...

[quote name='EYEL1NER']You don't have to try another Kmart. Go back to that one and tell them which games you want from the list. When the dumb clerk says "Oh, those aren't part of the deal," say, "Okay, whatever. I still want to buy them."
Then wear a smug look on your face as they ring up BOHO, pay, and leave with the games.

There is no reason to consult the sales associate about the deals unless they know about them and like talking shop with you. It invites trouble and questioning by people who don't know anything. Any information about any deals can be found ITT and on the KmartGamer page.[/QUOTE]

No, this guy refused to ever scan them into the system and he appears to be the only person working that side of the store every time I'm in there. They have gone and printed up specific game markers and tagged them to the shelves showing specifically what games they are going to allow to be run up for the sale and no others. If it wasn't for the fact that they are only a block away from me I wouldn't bother even trying with them.

[quote name='confoosious']I see TONS of MW3 at every retailer. Is it selling that much worse than expected or did people just stock up knowing they'll sell eventually.[/QUOTE]

It's the stock-up. When I worked at Target, (and this is when they were in process of downsizing their library) they actually stock-up and buy/sell games and brands that has a good turn-over rating compared to other games.

Even if you think their library or selection sucks, those games on the shelves usually have a much better turnover rate than 1 game every 2 weeks. After a certain number of months, they would just put it on clearance if it doesn't sell a copy every 3 weeks.

[quote name='sadboy']I sometimes have dreams about CAG getting into the retail business.[/QUOTE]

Very very difficult to do so due to competition.

[quote name='wEEman33']Is KMart going to carry King of Fighters XIII?[/QUOTE]

Too niche for them.

A good rule to follow is that if its not an AAA publisher, K-Mart doesn't carry it.

KoF 13 is being published by Atlus and K-Mart never carries their stuff. Something about how its too difficult to work out a deal or no one buys niche stuff at K-Mart... idk, they avoid it all like the plague.

I had not idea you had to have a SYWR card in order get the $15 coupon for Super Mario Land... I don't have one, and didn't get the coupon. I then had to wait 20 minutes at CS to return the game.

I was on my lunch break and didn't have time to even consider going back to buy it again... to be honest, i probably won't bother. It just would have been real nice if that was in the main post, or if the cashier in electronics knew that the card was a prerequisite.

[quote name='FrankieFiero'] It just would have been real nice if that was in the main post, .[/QUOTE]

...it is in the main post, right at the very top.

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']I had not idea you had to have a SYWR card in order get the $15 coupon for Super Mario Land... I don't have one, and didn't get the coupon. I then had to wait 20 minutes at CS to return the game.

I was on my lunch break and didn't have time to even consider going back to buy it again... to be honest, i probably won't bother. It just would have been real nice if that was in the main post, or if the cashier in electronics knew that the card was a prerequisite.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Reading is hard, eh?

[quote name='burz88']Lol. Reading is hard, eh?[/QUOTE]

Some people just don't read all the details before jumping the gun. However, I don't see a single thing on the Kmart ad or receipt about $35 coupon only applies to "certain games."

Mine reads as "OFFER VALID 11/20/11 THRU 12/31/11 $35 off regular sale or clearance pricing gaming purchase in-store of $35 or more (before taxes and afer other discounts have been applied) in a single transaction. The barcode on this coupon can only be redeemed once. this gaming coupon is stackable with other gaming coupons in the same transactions."

[quote name='bobphone']so can last week's coupons be used on psn cards or not?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I tried my coupons with a point card and it worked fine. Very satisfied.

[quote name='DJ-of-E']Some people just don't read all the details before jumping the gun. However, I don't see a single thing on the Kmart ad or receipt about $35 coupon only applies to "certain games."[/QUOTE]

Who said it does?

[quote name='FrankieFiero']It just would have been real nice if that was in the main post[/QUOTE]

It is ...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

:3ds: Shop Your Way Rewards members only:
Buy a Nintendo 3DS and Super Mario 3D Land together, get $50 in gaming coupons.
* $35 gaming coupon from 3DS and $15 gaming coupon from Super Mario 3D Land. Coupons valid from November 20 to December 31. Items can also be purchased separately for separate coupons.[/QUOTE]

Well I just had an enlightening experience at my K-Mart. First off, I've never had any issues with my K-Mart as far as stock goes. Everyone in the department is pretty up to speed on things and mostly competent.

I finally decided that I would get SR3 and Halo with my coupons and when I got there I saw that they didn't have any SR3 for either system. I also noticed only 1 Rayman and no NFS for the 360. I asked the guy if they really sold out and he said "yeah, there's a local reseller in the area that bought 28 copies of new releases this week". I was like "you guys don't limit that?" and he basically said that they won't refuse any sales if someone is going to spend that much money. Turns out it's the manager of this small regional chain called "Replay Games and DVD" that's now buying everything up.

So I decided to just get 2 copies of Halo and the guy was talking about how awesome it was to get them both for $10 AC and proceeded to tell me "yeah, yesterday I had to give a guy $5 and some change after coupons. It was pretty funny." Now this guy helps me all the time and knows his stuff. He said the guy didn't ask for it to happen but that the system accepted it and then prompted him to give the change.

Now I'm not trying to throw fuel on this fire especially since everyone's favorite expert on this subject hasn't mentioned it for a while, but needless to say I was quite perplexed.

Anyways, Josh - store 4084 in Lynchburg, VA is supplying a competitor with product. If that's a bad thing and you want me to email it to you let me know.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well I just had an enlightening experience at my K-Mart. First off, I've never had any issues with my K-Mart as far as stock goes. Everyone in the department is pretty up to speed on things and mostly competent.

I finally decided that I would get SR3 and Halo with my coupons and when I got there I saw that they didn't have any SR3 for either system. I also noticed only 1 Rayman and no NFS for the 360. I asked the guy if they really sold out and he said "yeah, there's a local reseller in the area that bought 28 copies of new releases this week". I was like "you guys don't limit that?" and he basically said that they won't refuse any sales if someone is going to spend that much money. Turns out it's the manager of this small regional chain called "Replay Games and DVD" that's now buying everything up.

So I decided to just get 2 copies of Halo and the guy was talking about how awesome it was to get them both for $10 AC and proceeded to tell me "yeah, yesterday I had to give a guy $5 and some change after coupons. It was pretty funny." Now this guy helps me all the time and knows his stuff. He said the guy didn't ask for it to happen but that the system accepted it and then prompted him to give the change.

Now I'm not trying to throw fuel on this fire especially since everyone's favorite expert on this subject hasn't mentioned it for a while, but needless to say I was quite perplexed.

Anyways, Josh - store 4084 in Lynchburg, VA is supplying a competitor with product. If that's a bad thing and you want me to email it to you let me know.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention it should have raised a red flag 1 person was using so many SYWR accounts.

[quote name='confoosious']I see TONS of MW3 at every retailer. Is it selling that much worse than expected or did people just stock up knowing they'll sell eventually.[/QUOTE]
?

MW3 has had the most successful launch of anything in entertainment history.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well I just had an enlightening experience at my K-Mart. First off, I've never had any issues with my K-Mart as far as stock goes. Everyone in the department is pretty up to speed on things and mostly competent.

Anyways, Josh - store 4084 in Lynchburg, VA is supplying a competitor with product. If that's a bad thing and you want me to email it to you let me know.[/QUOTE]

That is just rotten. I cannot see how anyone can turn a profit on these deals anyway. But I would hope this is stopped. It hurts the customer for the obvious reasons.

edit: missed out on rayman btw ;)

[quote name='sageridder']Not to mention it should have raised a red flag 1 person was using so many SYWR accounts.[/QUOTE]

You would think, but I'm wondering if he normally just doesn't redeem all the coupons even if the register spits them out every time. And at least for this week you didn't even have to use your card to get the B1G1 1/2 off, although I'm sure he did to rake in the SYWR points.

I'm new to the Kmart SYWR program. I joined online and got a member number. I was going to buy Zelda this week then use the coupon to buy a Wii on Thanksgiving. Can I use the $20 coupon from zelda on a wii purchase?

Im just going to guess, but the Zelda coupon wont be good until the Sunday after its release so it shouldnt be useful for BF/turkey day purchases

EDIT: It is good starting the 24th, nevermind me lol

Just want to give a shout out to Josh and Crew , Picked up SR3 and Skyrim both 360 for less then $30 out if pocket ($50 in GC and about $15 SYWR ) . Thats just good times ! :)

[quote name='outunderstars']I'm new to the Kmart SYWR program. I joined online and got a member number. I was going to buy Zelda this week then use the coupon to buy a Wii on Thanksgiving. Can I use the $20 coupon from zelda on a wii purchase?[/QUOTE]

yes you can. they are good on all gaming purchases and you will be fine with that. It says in the OP that the coupon for zelda will be good starting thanksgiving day

[quote name='chriscolbert']You would think, but I'm wondering if he normally just doesn't redeem all the coupons even if the register spits them out every time. And at least for this week you didn't even have to use your card to get the B1G1 1/2 off, although I'm sure he did to rake in the SYWR points.[/QUOTE]
even using all coupons you'd have awful thin profit margin unless he sells exclusively to the mentally deficient. Makes you kinda wonder if tosses a couple coupons the cashiers way so buying so many isn't such a problem.

[quote name='sageridder']even using all coupons you'd have awful thin profit margin unless he sells exclusively to the mentally deficient. Makes you kinda wonder if tosses a couple coupons the cashiers way so buying so many isn't such a problem.[/QUOTE]

Somewhat relevant but not really:
Who knows. I used to manage a small independent record store right as Napster started changing things and the owner of the chain had basically ruined our relationship with the record labels and we had to resort to ordering product from a one-stop distributor that charged a lot more. We either had to make next to nothing or charge more for everything for a normal profit. I guess my point in all this is that this guy may not need enough product to where he can order it directly from the publishers and K-Mart is the only retailer that consistently offers SOME incentive.

Whatever the case may be, it sucks that I now may have to make it a point to get there early if there's something coming out I want day one. I didn't have my heart set on SR3 but knowing WHY it wasn't there is disappointing.

Stocking up, without a doubt. I'm not sure what retail black magic that franchise has, but it seems to run counter to the accepted retail logic. It doesn't really drop in price the first year, rarely goes on sale, and has such a long post-launch tail that it never has to go on clearance. It just keeps selling year round.

I can't think of any other franchise except perhaps WoW or The Sims that simply stays on shelves.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Stocking up, without a doubt. I'm not sure what retail black magic that franchise has, but it seems to run counter to the accepted retail logic. It doesn't really drop in price the first year, rarely goes on sale, and has such a long post-launch tail that it never has to go on clearance. It just keeps selling year round.

I can't think of any other franchise except perhaps WoW or The Sims that simply stays on shelves.[/QUOTE]

not exactly a franchise, but you could say the same thing about most first-party Nintendo games.

Thank you very much for this post...this is 100% not supposed to happen. Not even just gaming, stores are not supposed to let 1 customer clean them out of an advertised item on the first day. Unfortunately stores are incented to raise their sales so it's tough to convince them of this. That said, this store will be getting a call from store operations (their bosses) here at corporate. Thank you for this report.

Man, I am so glad there is another 'Write Reviews, Get SWYR Points' promo going on right now. I slacked on the last one and missed out. I'm getting this one done for sure. $10 in points sounds good to me.

[quote name='chriscolbert'] Now this guy helps me all the time and knows his stuff.

Well if it makes you feel any better...you prolly got this guy fired. Congrats.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Thank you very much for this post...this is 100% not supposed to happen. Not even just gaming, stores are not supposed to let 1 customer clean them out of an advertised item on the first day. Unfortunately stores are incented to raise their sales so it's tough to convince them of this. That said, this store will be getting a call from store operations (their bosses) here at corporate. Thank you for this report.[/QUOTE]

No problem! Glad it will get to where it needs to go. I drive by that little store every day on the way home and I'm tempted to stop by and say "Yeah I was just at K-Mart and was told I could find my copy of Saints Row 3 here" and then try to pay with coupons :lol:

[quote name='chriscolbert']No problem! Glad it will get to where it needs to go. I drive by that little store every day on the way home and I'm tempted to stop by and say "Yeah I was just at K-Mart and was told I could find my copy of Saints Row 3 here" and then try to pay with coupons :lol:[/QUOTE]

You really, REALLY should.
Tell them if you can't buy a game they bought from Kmart with Kmart coupons, then they really shouldn't clean out a store and screw over all the other customers.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Well if it makes you feel any better...you prolly got this guy fired. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

Oh I doubt it. He's probably the best guy they've got. The way he said it makes me believe that it was management that said "sell as many copies to whoever wants them". He's not going to get in trouble for following their initiative. The only way he would get fired is if they have it documented where they discussed that no more than 2 copies could be sold to anyone at any given time and I think we all know the answer to that.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Well if it makes you feel any better...you prolly got this guy fired. Congrats.[/QUOTE]
I dislike brown nosers

Yeah, shame on you for doing the right thing. FOR SHAME!!!!!

I won't go into specifics, but I had a clerk tell me the other day the he and the others who work in electronics do buys/returns and keep and use the coupons. So, w stacking, Kmart is giving away a lot of games to their own employees. I couldn't even believe it when he was telling me this, as I don't know the guy literally at all.

I'm assuming they are doing this without using any discount or whatever so could be problematic rooting that type of activity out.

hate to break it to ya, but the old saying goes s*** rolls downhill, store manager will get a call, then he'll call whoevers over electronics, then that guy will pin it on the guy who sold all the copies...and they'll fire him, lowest rung on the ladder to make everyone above them happy that something was done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back