KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='allen9917']Guys I have a question: Are coupons tied to specific SYWR account? Both my buddy and I have SYWR. He has a $15 coupon and I have a $35 coupon. We want to use them in one transaction for a game to share, is that allowed or possible?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Some have said YMMV but it has worked for me no problem. Got a coupon using my mother's card and later used it with my card and I received the next coupon.

Does anyone know if K-Mart will be getting the Zelda 3ds bundle? I've seen a lot of other special console bundles there, so I figure it's at least possible.

buy 1 get 50% off 1 is over. Taken offline, still shows but no discount. Anyone else take advantage of online? I found much smoother and easier than trying in store, and I had no coupons to worry about anyway so it was the best way for me to go. No coupons on these deals either, I got about 3300 points, no big deal 3.3 dollars to use sometime in the future. Bought 4 great games with free shipping and paid about 47.5 each not bad for the whole not having to run around on Black Friday or dealing with any sale stuff overall. I got the games I want for the rest of the year mostly.

[quote name='The Bryant']Is that WWE '12 deal for Black Friday only or can I walk in on Tuesday, get the game and the $20 off coupon? Is pre-ordering required?[/QUOTE]
The OP clearly says valid starting the 20th. Also, pre-ordering doesn't exist at Kmart.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']The OP clearly says valid starting the 20th. Also, pre-ordering doesn't exist at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I asked because the game comes out on the 22nd, but the deal begins before the game even comes out. Hopefully I'll get the game early this way, get the "pre-order" bonus of The Rock, and get a $20 video game coupon!

I'm really hoping they have the Skyward Sword bundle tomorrow morning at opening. I know the electronics lead won't be working tomorrow, so it's risky. The other girl that works at my Kmart has no clue what she's doing.

Just got back from my 24 hour Kmart. Got there at midnight and asked if I could pick up Skyward Sword, and I got in no problem. My Kmart only got 4 of the Limited Edition bundles. I also got the 20 gaming coupon as well. The only thing that upset me a little bit was all the Limited Edition bundles they got each had dents in them. :cry:

[quote name='Zaku77']Does anyone know if K-Mart will be getting the Zelda 3ds bundle? I've seen a lot of other special console bundles there, so I figure it's at least possible.[/QUOTE]

Emailed Stock Boy about it and he didn't seem to know about it's existence. I gave him some info, so MAYBE we'll see it show up, but if I were a betting man, I'd guess Kmart will NOT be carrying it.

I am about to leave for Kmart to get the Zelda bundle using with a coupon I got yesterday. I had the worker check in the back yesterday and he said only 3 of the bundles came in, so I have to be there at opening.

[quote name='Keen314']Got my shiny red 3DS, Mario and $50 in coupons that are going to Zelda tomorrow morning. I'm on the train, WOO WOO![/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. I was literally the first customer at my Kmart this morning and they have NO copies of either version of Zelda.

I got the bundle and coupon and a $15 off $50 of clothing coupon.

Bundle was the only one at my store (4377, bloomington indiana). Got there at 730. 3 people walked in after i got mine.

So go go go go!!!!

[quote name='josh_animebum']Good luck with that. I was literally the first customer at my Kmart this morning and they have NO copies of either version of Zelda.[/QUOTE]
Yes they do. They're just clueless and have no copies out for sale. I assume you asked about it.

Just got home from Astor Place. Took a bit of convincing, but managed to convince the lady that the game came out today and not Tuesday. Lucky there was another person there with me to back me up so I didn't look crazy.

They only received 3 copies of the bundle, and all three were kinda crushed.

Not gonna lie... when I recieved my copy, I was tempted to hold it up like it was the triforce. =)

[quote name='bang4dabuc']Just got home from Astor Place. Took a bit of convincing, but managed to convince the lady that the game came out today and not Tuesday. Lucky there was another person there with me to back me up so I didn't look crazy.[/QUOTE]

Called the 34th Street store, they "claimed" they didn't have them. Said "many people asked about it." Me thinks they are there though.

[quote name='bang4dabuc']They only received 3 copies of the bundle, and all three were kinda crushed.

Not gonna lie... when I recieved my copy, I was tempted to hold it up like it was the triforce. =)[/QUOTE]
Bah sounds like a lot of them may have been damaged. Didnt someone else already post about this?

[quote name='OCDBuzz311']Got my Zelda bundle at Huntington, NY. They had 5 bundles before a woman and I each took one.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was in that store on friday and they already had the game out. I was tempted but I wanted to wait for the $20 coupon. I picked mine up at Bohemia, NY. Asked the guy for the game, he couldn't find it, I asked him to check the back and after a few minutes he came back with a game. This bundle is awesome.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Bah sounds like a lot of them may have been damaged. Didnt someone else already post about this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, doesn't help that the content of the box is 80% air. The batteries for the remote are also floating around loose inside the box.

Got a Zelda bundle. Called first thing this morning and they only had 2 copies. Was able to cancel my Amazon preorder just in time (was already in shipping soon status). Used my $15 credit from Mario 3DS and will apply this $20 credit to Mario Kart 3DS.

Well, the electronics clerk at my local K-Mart insisted that Zelda comes out on Tuesday. He wouldn't check any further. So, if anyone there puts them out between now and Tuesday I probably won't be getting a bundle. Great...

EDIT: Decided to stop back a few hours later and ask the afternoon clerk. He was much more helpful... called a manager and the next closest store to see if they had any. Manager searched out back for 15 minutes or so and came out with a stock cart filled with boxes. Got my bundle before any went on the shelf. :) $35+$15 coupons worked fine, and it printed the $20 coupon.

I have only been having issues on Sunday releases. I was at the store for an hour trying to get the Zelda bundle.. The guy looked for the game, told me a whole story about how they did not have a key. I said that was unacceptable and he went and looked for the key. Ten minutes or so later, he came back empty handed. I had to tell him that the Electronics Lead during the week told me they already had the game. The employee goes in the back for a third time and this time magically finds the game. I am happy I got the game and love the great deals, but dealing with the employees sometimes is a pain in the ass.

Went to get Zelda. Guy says they're "looking for it" and had been looking for it all morning. This was 30 minutes after opening. After 10 minutes, I asked if he could call them to let them know someone was waiting on it. The ones "looking for it" were in the toy department but did say they would look again. Another 15 minutes, and they call to say they can't find it. Guy in electronics says it'll probably be Tuesday before they have it out. 25 minutes waisted because inept employees can't find a major release that came in yesterday. Kmart store 7058. I will be emailing feedback and probably buying from Gamestop. Kmart hires the dumbest people they can find.

The usual people aren't in my Kmart's electronics department and so they're claiming Zelda didn't come in. I wish they would just admit to laziness rather than lying.

Edit: they have changed their story to they don't get games in ahead of time and of course the keys are missing so they couldn't check if they wanted to.

[quote name='nickerous']Went to get Zelda. Guy says they're "looking for it" and had been looking for it all morning. This was 30 minutes after opening. After 10 minutes, I asked if he could call them to let them know someone was waiting on it. The ones "looking for it" were in the toy department but did say they would look again. Another 15 minutes, and they call to say they can't find it. Guy in electronics says it'll probably be Tuesday before they have it out. 25 minutes waisted because inept employees can't find a major release that came in yesterday. Kmart store 7058. I will be emailing feedback and probably buying from Gamestop. Kmart hires the dumbest people they can find.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they had to go back and look took her about 10 minutes. The box had a 11/20 release date sticker on it.

I also picked up mario 3d with shinobi for the discount.

Went to Kmart this morning. Game wasn't out yet, but the guys there were aware it was coming out and went in the back to grab it.
$15 Mario 3D Coupon, $15 and $35 coupons from the $110 deal.
Grand total for the Skyward Sword bundle?
$5.29.

The lady on register couldn't believe it. I smiled the entire time she was ringing it up.
Berwick PA store still has 5 more of them if anybody is looking!

I went to Pendleton Pike (Indianapolis) KMart first around 8:30. There was a guy working electronics but he didn't know a new Zelda game came out today. There was no spot in the case marked for Zelda and we had the "Games come out on Tuesdays" discussion. To his credit, he went and checked but could not find it, so I'm going with a stocking fail there.

Then I went down the road a couple of miles to Washington Street and Zelda success. When I walked up, the woman working the register was going through the ad with another customer, talking about various ads and deals and when they had a moment's pause, she said "You're looking for Zelda, aren't you?" and she was on top of it: "Controller one, or non-controller one".

She then was talking to the other customer (I got the impression they knew each other) about how I'm probably a gamer who probably had a coupon from the last game and I'll be getting another one from this game to use on another game, so she was trying to sell the other customer on getting on the coupon train. I tried to help her out with "yeah, I'll be back in 2 weeks for Mario Kart for the 3DS with the new coupon", since the other customer was getting 3DS games for her kids. When I was getting checked out, she asked if I knew about the ".com" and how there's an entire site for KMart gaming so word is getting out even if the details are a bit sketchy.

I feel bad for not getting her name because she was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and, for one day, going to KMart seemed just like going to any other retailer rather than some of the "horror" stories you hear on the board. All it takes is having one solid game in your area and now I know where I can go to make sure I can get the KMart deals.

So, for everyone in Indy without the game, Washington Street had 5 copies of the Collector's Edition left as of about 30 minutes ago when I left. Pendleton Pike probably won't be putting them out until Tuesday so that's another possibility if you miss out today.

SI

Browser ate my post. Now to retype...

Successfully picked up the Zelda controller bundle at Bloomingdale, IL, 3914. Asked the cashier, one I knew, for the game, warned him that there were two versions. While I waited, two others came looking for it as well, the latter a CAG I met while getting Mario last week.

There were three CE's as promised. Now there are none. Used both $15 coupons from the 40/110 and Mario promos.

Odd thing, the registers kept locking up. I had to ring up at the second register in electronics, and the other two had to be brought up front to buy theirs.

[quote name='bang4dabuc']Not gonna lie... when I recieved my copy, I was tempted to hold it up like it was the triforce. =)[/QUOTE]
What stopped you? I did this in the parking lot.

Just over an hour to go here until my store opens here on the west coast. I wish there was something on the Kmart or KmartGamer sites that confirmed that it releases today. I just hope I have someone sharp at my electronics section today.

Just checking, does this wording in the OP mean I cannot get two copies of 3D Land, that the second one has to be a different game?

Buy Super Mario 3D Land for $39.99, get any other 3DS game in the same purchase for 50% off.

Managed to score one of the bundles at the Midlothian, VA location. They had the bundle(s?) under the electronics desk. The box is in pretty bad shape unfortunately, but I'm just happy to have gotten one. xP

Evidently I made a new friend while waiting for the guy to return from out back and she says "don't buy the RCA LCD/DVD combo" apparently she went through 3 of them and had problems with all the DVD trays. People don't usually say boo to me so it was quite amusing.

When he returned he had 2 stacks of about 5 of the regular version. I didn't see any bundles not that I wanted one anyway ... unless they made a Dark Link version that was black with red LEDs, like my modded Wii remote, and had Dark Link cover art!!

This was my first deal at Kmart and honestly I was thinking they weren't even going to have any. Lol. My Kmart's gaming section is quite ghetto.

K-Mart on 56th Street in Tampa had two bundles left about an hour ago.

Got it for $55 after coupon and got my $20 coupon with it.

Employee had to get it out of the back but no big deal there.

I had a weird thing happen to me. The long and short of it is, I managed to get the remote bundle and $20 coupon (after using the coupons from the 50/110 deal), but the cashier swindled me out of one of five other coupons that printed out.

I don't know what the guy's deal was, but he deliberately crumpled most of what came after my receipt and coupon. I was wondering (if the offers issued are universal), can anyone tell me what coupons they received (or help me figure out what coupon I might be missing?)

I only saw two remote bundles (one of which was damaged).

edit: Thanks again, Josh and Andrew.

[quote name='sadboy']I had a weird thing happen to me. The long and short of it is, I managed to get the remote bundle and $20 coupon (after using the coupons from the 50/110 deal), but the cashier swindled me out of one of five other coupons that printed out.

I don't know what the guy's deal was, but he deliberately crumpled most of what came after my receipt and coupon. I was wondering (if the offers issued are universal), can anyone tell me what coupons they received (or help me figure out what coupon I might be missing?)
.[/QUOTE]

All the coupons other than the $20 coupon are garbage, don't worry about it.

Here, its coupons for stupid shit like DISH network.. I don't even bother to look at them anymore.

[quote name='sadboy']I had a weird thing happen to me. The long and short of it is, I managed to get the remote bundle and $20 coupon (after using the coupons from the 50/110 deal), but the cashier swindled me out of one of five other coupons that printed out.

edit: Thanks again, Josh and Andrew.[/QUOTE]
Why didn't you call him out?

Scored at the Addision store at Chicago. Me and my friend were first one there but we had to fight with the electronic guy who claim they didn't have the game in.

edit: Thanks again, Josh and Andrew.[/QUOTE]

I got 2 15% off garden coupons, $5 off holiday lightning, and $15 off family apparel in addition to the gaming coupon.

No issues for me this weekend. Big improvement over last weekend with Mario Land. Now I just need to wait for Mario Kart 7 to use this coupon.

I was the first one at Kmart this morning. The guy just came back from the stocking room with the boxes of Zelda. They had 5 copies of the collectors edition. I got the 1st one, with someone else waiting for it as well. They were probably gone by 9ish.

fucking piece of shit K-Mart. Went through all of the trouble of bundling my young son up, dragging him down to the local store, and of course had to endure the seemingly mandated wait for an employee to take mercy and acknowledge you, even though the place was virtually empty.

It goes without saying that of course the game was not out (ha! a new release available for sale the week it comes out without prompting from a customer? CRAZY!), so of course I eventually got someone to 'check' the mysterious 'back'.

Amazingly, and against all odds, this K-Mart has received no copies of the game! (Do you sense the mercury in the sarcasm detector about to explode out of the top?). Yeah, I guess these big AAA, 25-year old Nintendo franchises aren't really popular enough anyway to warrant a K-Mart store getting any.

This is fucking ridiculous, and after I'm done with these coupons I have, I'm out. I will go back to picking up the remaining hidden gem clearance title in these horribly organized K-Mart stores, and that's it. This chain is a sad shell of what it used to be. I'm sorry they have two such bright, helpful people (Josh and Andrew) in the employ, because they will surely be out of business soon.

[quote name='animalspinners']All the coupons other than the $20 coupon are garbage, don't worry about it.

Here, its coupons for stupid shit like DISH network.. I don't even bother to look at them anymore.[/QUOTE]
I kind of figured that from previous purchases. I'm just trying to figure out why the cashier would withhold a coupon from me. It was a weird situation, where I chose to leave, because I figured I had everything I needed. At the same it, I can't explain the cashier's actions.
[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Why didn't you call him out?[/QUOTE]
I don't know how to explain it, but it's one of things where I felt that if I had called him out a second time, I would have become more petty than him. I can't tell if the guy was messing with me.
[quote name='spree4567']I got 2 15% off garden coupons, $5 off holiday lightning, and $15 off family apparel in addition to the gaming coupon.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

Just picked up Skyward sword at astor place, no more bundles left but they still got a bunch of regular editions if anyone is intetested, anyways thanx josh

[quote name='sgaldis']fucking piece of shit K-Mart. Went through all of the trouble of bundling my young son up, dragging him down to the local store, and of course had to endure the seemingly mandated wait for an employee to take mercy and acknowledge you, even though the place was virtually empty.

It goes without saying that of course the game was not out (ha! a new release available for sale the week it comes out without prompting from a customer? CRAZY!), so of course I eventually got someone to 'check' the mysterious 'back'.

Amazingly, and against all odds, this K-Mart has received no copies of the game! (Do you sense the mercury in the sarcasm detector about to explode out of the top?). Yeah, I guess these big AAA, 25-year old Nintendo franchises aren't really popular enough anyway to warrant a K-Mart store getting any.

This is fucking ridiculous, and after I'm done with these coupons I have, I'm out. I will go back to picking up the remaining hidden gem clearance title in these horribly organized K-Mart stores, and that's it. This chain is a sad shell of what it used to be. I'm sorry they have two such bright, helpful people (Josh and Andrew) in the employ, because they will surely be out of business soon.[/QUOTE]

Ditto what you said went to my store in Bridgeville, PA at open and had the same exact problem. Had my $15.00 coupon from MW3 from last week and wanted to get Zelda (didnt care which version really) but no copies were out and the 90+ year old guy working in electronics refused to check for me. Was going to get a 1600 points card just to use up the coupon and guess what none to be found in the store at all.

After this and the trouble I had at the midnight launch for MW3 after I find something to use my coupon on I am done with K-Mart.

p.s.
Ended up getting the base version of Zelda at my TRU they had plenty of copies to sale.

Got to store 4423 in Rockford about 45 minutes after opening. They told me I was the third person to ask for the bundle. So as of about 9am there was one copy left which I'd imagine is now gone. My store is not usually like this as far as I know so it seems like these may be going very fast everywhere? May want to go now if you had planned on waiting...

The 2 cashiers talked about the ridiculousness of only getting 4 copies of something like this when they have like a hundred copies of Just Dance 3 just sitting there in it's own display. I fully agreed.

The bundle itself has some of the gold paint scratched on the outer box which kind of sucks but not a big deal as I just bought it to play. No major dents or anything like a couple people reported.

Bundle at the Broadway K-Mart in Wichita. No issues getting it, although the guy had to find it. That particular location always seems to have the "hard to find" versions/items that seem to elude some other K-Marts, but I suppose it has to have something given the general crappiness of the area.

For reference, I only asked about the game via the phone and didn't bother looking/asking for others. Given the long amount of time it took to find the game I'd say there weren't a lot, but the clerk had no issues holding it for me until I got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back