KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JoeCamNet']Yeah, I had an issue as well. Any chance that people at the post office are catching on to what envelopes contain a Kmart gift card and are swiping them?
Any chance Kmart can use some form of tracking or delivery confirmation on them?
Or at the very least, keep track of which cards are supposed to go where and to keep an eye on when and where they get used?
I have a feeling that some a-hole at the post office is ripping off Kmart quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

It's possible, but it's more likely they were delivered to wrong destinations. I have a package from BB recently got delayed because the USPS forwarded to a wrong zip code, it took them almost an extra week to delivery to me. I sent a package to someone in Missouri early this year, but they sent it to a post office in Seattle... it just tells how careless these people are.

I'm waiting mine too, it has been 3 weeks, still hoping..

[quote name='confoosious']I got the card as well. And it was auto-applied. (no idea why)

My receipt looked something like:

$60
-20 coupon
-$5 award card
----
3x.xx

got the $15 coupon for spending $40 as well.[/QUOTE]

hmmm...

[quote name='DPsycho']If you can wait until December to use your coupons, you're getting more mileage out of November's 2x base points as well. It's not much, but something to consider.

I'm curious as to what SYWR promo(s) we'll see before Christmas. Seems more than likely there will be at least one.[/QUOTE]

yea, 40-60 cents stacks up lol
might do this just save me the hassle

[quote name='Waynetid']If you use a $30 gaming coupon on a $60 should you get the $5 awards card? The people ringing me up scanned the coupon and then the card but said they couldn't give it to me since my value was $32 after tax and they saved it for the next customer...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']They told me the same thing but the $5 was taken off my purchase immediately.[/QUOTE]

DPsycho's right, it might be more beneficial just to not use any coupons and save it for after the promotions.

[quote name='Triz']I appreciate the feedback on the missing giftcards Josh. I was hoping to get mine to use for Black Friday, but it never showed. Still dont have it here. I emailed Mark again, and I dont fault you guys. Might be true someone is ganking them at the post office. Perhaps you could find some way to digitally deliver them to prevent theft?[/QUOTE]

It would be great if these gift card amountscould show up on our SYWR cards, just like the bonus "cash" we're accumulating.

[quote name='metrostar']It's possible, but it's more likely they were delivered to wrong destinations. I have a package from BB recently got delayed because the USPS forwarded to a wrong zip code, it took them almost an extra week to delivery to me. I sent a package to someone in Missouri early this year, but they sent it to a post office in Seattle... it just tells how careless these people are.

I'm waiting mine too, it has been 3 weeks, still hoping..[/QUOTE]

There's too many card delivery problems for it to be a post office mis-delivery issue. It's either a problem with the info on the actual envelopes from K-mart (which Josh said he didn't think was the case), or someone is grabbing the cards at some point along the way. The problem seems to be so widespread, that it would have to be closer to the issuing end and not all the individual post offices where these would be dispersed for delivery to each of our homes.

[quote name='soonersfan60']It would be great if these gift card amountscould show up on our SYWR cards, just like the bonus "cash" we're accumulating.[/QUOTE]

That's actually an excellent point. I wonder if they do a physical card because it ends up being more enticing to the consumer to have something in-hand than to award them invisible points. Focus groups and psychology and all that.

Of course, having the gift cards immediately apply to the purchase that earns them completely destroys that, but it doesn't sound like it was supposed to work that way.

I'm not saying have the money immediately apply to the purchase. I'm only talking about for these "make-up" cards when a deal doesn't go through like it should, so K-mart doesn't have to send anything out.

But let's be honest about it, I'm sure part of the reason K-mart likes the cards is because there's a certain percentage of them that will get lost (like the coupons--but at least the cards don't expire) by the consumers, though... not the post office.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Yeah I would love to know this as well. I know the $15 gaming coupon for spending over $50 starts December 4th which is the same day as the release as Mario Kart 7 so I'd like to spend my $5 gift card on MK7 as well. I'll Probably just buy Mario Kart on Monday just to make sure that the $5 gift card processes.[/QUOTE]

The $5 Awards Card I got for making a $50 purchase tonight has "Valid 12/5/2011" printed on it. I'm hoping there will be some Mario Kart 7 left when I go to Kmart on Monday morning.

so just making sure i have this right:

so i go buy a $59.99 game, i use my $20 coupon. will i still get the $15 coupon since it'll be $39.99 after the coupon?

and does the $5 get taken off or no in this case?

[quote name='Sex']so just making sure i have this right:

so i go buy a $59.99 game, i use my $20 coupon. will i still get the $15 coupon since it'll be $39.99 after the coupon?

and does the $5 get taken off or no in this case?[/QUOTE]

Rather, you will still get the $15 coupon because it was $59.99 before you used one. Amount after coupon doesn't matter.

And the $5 should come as a gift card they hand to you at the point of sale to be used later. Some have had other things occur, but this is what is supposed to happen.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm a little worried about it, about 100 people have needed us to resend. Definitely enough for me to make an investigation into a process issue. Mark is definitely doing everything correctly on our end.[/QUOTE]

Does Mark mail them out himself? Or is somebody underneath him in charge of making sure they make it to the mailbox and/or post office?
Can somebody in the mailroom be a culprit in this?
Is there any way to send out a handful of dummy cards that are set to flag if used? I'm sure a number of us here would be more than happy to donate our addresses to help find out who or what is the cause behind all the problems with gift cards missing.
One or two or even 10 is almost acceptable. Over 100 missing gift cards? There is something not right.
Is there a way to perhaps issue credit to our SYWR account? Or perhaps even issue an online only credit that we can use on the website? Or even a gift coupon emailed directly to us?
There's got to be some kind of solution that doesn't involve potential thousands in lost money due to a black hole somewhere along the chain.

On a side note, Gail at the Berwick store proved how awesome she was once again by personally calling me to let me know that my store FINALLY got some 4000 point cards in stock. To make up for me missing out on the offer back with the MW3 release, they took care of me in getting a card today. Gail, along with Matt in management, are both awesome and deserve some big time props for being so persistent in wanting to help a customer.
I wish all of your stores had employees as good as Gail.

Got very lucky at a Kmart today( not my local one, one maybe 10-12 miles away) Went in with the intention of buying Splinter Cell Conviction for my new XBOX as well as 20+ more in clearance titles. I got the Conviction from the bargain bin and what is it that i see behind the glass? Mario All-Stars for the Wii. I was thrilled, since I missed out on it on both runs. And at the register i got one more surprise when it rang up for 19.99! I actually had to get one more game so i grabbed Perfect Dark Zero for 14.99 and got the coupon. Really a pleasant surprise.

Gonna go back and try to get Oblivion GOTY, which will help me decide whether to bit on Skyrim, and a few other bargain titles. Loving Kmart more and more every week, especially these 40/15 deals.

Hey Josh, it's been a month already and I never got my $20 gift card for Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One. I sent an email to Mark the other day asking about it and he never replied. Just want my game credit, that's all.

Same boat here about never getting my gift card. It has been since the arkham release for me so I just chalked it up to bad luck since kmart has saved me so much money otherwise (and the gift card was issued as an apology for something rather than a coupon not printing). With that said, should I email kmart gamer just for their records?

My oldest surprised me by asking for Mario Kart 7 from Santa, so it looks like I know what I'll be using my $20 coupon on, and getting another $15 coupon. Then I'll have to figure out what to use the $15 coupon on. LOL.

No Rayman for 360 at Kmart in Neptune Beach. Picked it up for PS3 instead but the $15 coupon didnt print.

Why did they get away from the SYWR points? These coupons on the receipt are always such a fucking pain in the ass. Josh and crew have always been helpful in remedying issues in the past but the constant frustration of rarely having the deals go off as intended combined with everyone's apparent recent replacement gift card problems might mean it's time to get out until a better solution is found.

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but Kmart allows ShopYourWay Rewards members to see all of next week's deals. Here they are:

Limited Edition Pink Nintendo 3DS w/ Nintendogs Plus Cats - $169.99
**Receive a $30 gaming coupon** when you buy any Nintendo 3DS.

Mario Kart 7 - $39.99
Super Mario 3D Land - $39.99
Ace Combat: Assault 3DS - $29.99
Shinobi - $29.99
Star Fox 64 3D - $29.99
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - $29.99
WWE All-Stars 3DS - $29.99
Rayman 3D - $19.99

Playstation 3 320GB Uncharted Bundle - $299.99
Battlefield 3 - $44.99
Madden 12 - $44.99
Uncharted 3 - $44.99
FIFA 12 - $39.99
Need for Speed: The Run - $39.99
NHL 12 - $39.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 - $29.99
Everybody Dance - $19.99
Fight Night Champion - $19.99

PSP 3000 Core System - $129.99
Medal of Honor: Heroes - $6.99
Need for Speed Most - $6.99
Twisted Metal Head On - $6.99

Xbox 250GB Holiday Bundle - $299.99
**Receive a $50 gaming coupon** when you buy any 25GB Elite Xbox 360 system.
Gears of War 3 - $39.99
Forza 4 - $39.99
NCAA 12 - $39.99
Dead Island - $34.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $34.99
Halo Reach - $29.99

Nintendo Wii with New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy Soundtrack - $149.99
**Receive a $50 gaming coupon** when you buy any Nintendo Wii.
Skylanders Wii Starter Kit - $59.99

I would have presumed it was before tax, but I don't know for sure.

The price on Ocarina of Time is good next week. I ordered a used copy from AWD to be an xmas gift, but might return it and get a copy from Kmart new for nearly the same price.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Hmm... that Wii bundle is nice, but it's the same as the new models with no B/C right?[/QUOTE]

The Wii with NSMBW and the Galaxy soundtrack is the new model WITHOUT Gamecube BC.

If you want backwards compatibility, you have to buy the Mario Kart Wii, and it seems like those are being phased out in favor of this new model.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Does Mark mail them out himself? Or is somebody underneath him in charge of making sure they make it to the mailbox and/or post office?
Can somebody in the mailroom be a culprit in this?
Is there any way to send out a handful of dummy cards that are set to flag if used? I'm sure a number of us here would be more than happy to donate our addresses to help find out who or what is the cause behind all the problems with gift cards missing.
One or two or even 10 is almost acceptable. Over 100 missing gift cards? There is something not right.
Is there a way to perhaps issue credit to our SYWR account? Or perhaps even issue an online only credit that we can use on the website? Or even a gift coupon emailed directly to us?
There's got to be some kind of solution that doesn't involve potential thousands in lost money due to a black hole somewhere along the chain.QUOTE]

Holy crap. This happened to me too! Something must be wrong with their system, or someone is stealing the gift cards before they mail? I have waited almost two months. I thought I just got unlucky. I too was told a 2nd one shipped and nothing. I hope they can be tracked. Maybe the system will have the gift card number and can search the system to see if it was used and by whom/where/location, etc.

I am open to having a dummy mailed too. whatever/whoever is stealing needs to be smacked and then taken to jail.

On a more positive note. My daughter is asking for the pink 3ds. I am sure kmart will carry, but perhaps have a deal similar to TRU? I would rather buy at kmart obviously

EDIT: Thank you Chris!

I will save $20 buying at TRU. Bummer! I really really wanted to get it at Kmart. If it was only a 5-10 difference I would just pay the extra few bucks to support kmart/josh/mark.

[quote name='MfMonster']On a more positive note. My daughter is asking for the pink 3ds. I am sure kmart will carry, but perhaps have a deal similar to TRU? I would rather buy at kmart obviously[/QUOTE]

Look at the post like 7 spots up from yours that lists the deals for next week and you will see that K-Mart will carry and have a deal on the pink 3DS.

[quote name='adamical']Nice! Think that $30 coupon on any 3DS will apply to the Mario 3D Land Bundle?[/QUOTE]

Unless they come up with a last-minute alternate definition for the word "any", you should get the coupon for that one as well.

[quote name='anandxxx']... so would Super Mario 3D Land qualify for the $15 GC or is it before tax?[/QUOTE]

It is (ALWAYS) before tax, so you would need a filler game to go over $40 to get the coupon.

[quote name='TheHelix']Hey Josh, it's been a month already and I never got my $20 gift card for Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One. I sent an email to Mark the other day asking about it and he never replied. Just want my game credit, that's all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this - glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem! I actually e-mailed Mark after I hadn't got a gift card either, and he replied saying he was sorry, and he would send another my way. That was the week before Thanksgiving, and I have yet to receive it.

I'm not going to get angry if I don't get it - I mean, Kmart's given me so many more good deals alone this year, I'm not going to complain about one missing coupon. It's just odd. If he's actually sending out the gift cards, and I'm not getting them, it just makes it frustrating on both ends.

From the gift card team:

There was an error within the processing of all gift cards within the group that works the requests for your team. The error has been identified and a fix was put into place yesterday. All gift cards have been batched and the backlog has been worked up to 11/28. Customers should be receiving their gift cards within the next 5-10 business days from yesterday.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']From the gift card team:

There was an error within the processing of all gift cards within the group that works the requests for your team. The error has been identified and a fix was put into place yesterday. All gift cards have been batched and the backlog has been worked up to 11/28. Customers should be receiving their gift cards within the next 5-10 business days from yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Thats good news.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']From the gift card team:

There was an error within the processing of all gift cards within the group that works the requests for your team. The error has been identified and a fix was put into place yesterday. All gift cards have been batched and the backlog has been worked up to 11/28. Customers should be receiving their gift cards within the next 5-10 business days from yesterday.[/QUOTE]

translation: we took him out back and shot him.

[quote name='confoosious']translation: we took him out back and shot him.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know you spoke the Sears dialect, very good translation :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I didn't know you spoke the Sears dialect, very good translation :)[/QUOTE]
That same guy(s) is now sleeping with the fishes. Just kidding.

Hey. in case anyone is interested , I got the Kmart ad for next week and it has some nice deals. I'm not very organized, so someone else can update the OP. Here we go:

:wii:$50 Gaming Coupon with the purchase of any Nintendo Wii system( ad mentions at least 4 p[er store )

:3ds: $30 Gaming coupon with the purchase of any 3DS

:360: $50 Gaming coupon with the purchase of any "25GB Elite XBOX system" ( that might be a typo, but it's what the ad says)

:ps3: Free Need for Speed The Run with the purchase of any PS3 320 GB system( stand alone, Infamous 2 Bundle, Uncharted 3 bundle)

Save 10 dollars on ANY 3DS game priced 29.99 or above( excludes Mario kart 7 and Mario 3D Land)

There are also several individual game sales across all systems including Madden 12, FIFA 12, NHL 12, The Run, Forza 4, Gears of War 3, NCAA 12 all for $39.99. Also Dead Island and Deus Ex are 34.99, Uncharted 3 and Battelfield 3 are 44.99, Everybody Dance and Fight Night Champion is 19.99, and Halo Reach and Tiger Woods 12 is 29.99

Hey Mr. SCH-Gamer, I was thinking of buying Star Wars TOR from you guys since I have a gaming coupon. I also heard there is a head start (early access) for those who pre-order it.

Is there any way I would be able to have early access if I bought it from K-mart?

Thanks!

[quote name='JP73']Hey. in case anyone is interested , I got the Kmart ad for next week and it has some nice deals. I'm not very organized, so someone else can update the OP. Here we go:

:wii:$50 Gaming Coupon with the purchase of any Nintendo Wii system( ad mentions at least 4 p[er store )

:3ds: $30 Gaming coupon with the purchase of any 3DS

:360: $50 Gaming coupon with the purchase of any "25GB Elite XBOX system" ( that might be a typo, but it's what the ad says)

:ps3: Free Need for Speed The Run with the purchase of any PS3 320 GB system( stand alone, Infamous 2 Bundle, Uncharted 3 bundle)

Save 10 dollars on ANY 3DS game priced 29.99 or above( excludes Mario kart 7 and Mario 3D Land)

There are also several individual game sales across all systems including Madden 12, FIFA 12, NHL 12, The Run, Forza 4, Gears of War 3, NCAA 12 all for $39.99. Also Dead Island and Deus Ex are 34.99, Uncharted 3 and Battelfield 3 are 44.99, Everybody Dance and Fight Night Champion is 19.99, and Halo Reach and Tiger Woods 12 is 29.99[/QUOTE]

man.. i wish nba 2k12 was part of next week's sale. i held off until now, but since the season is coming back, i really crave it. thanks for the post bud

Can we add the UPC for Mario Kart 7 to the OP. I think we all know some of us will need it to prove to stores that the game is in stock come Sunday.

If i buy a $60 game & use my sywr points & a 20 gaming coupon will i still get da $15 gc and $5 award card?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Unless they come up with a last-minute alternate definition for the word "any", you should get the coupon for that one as well.[/QUOTE]

I know it seemed like a dumb question, but I could see it being an exception like Skylanders was for the software coupon.

Didn't see this in the OP, but if I buy Mario Kart and another game after the 4th, does that mean I will get the $15 Mario Kart coupon and another $15 coupon since the grand total will be over $40???

[quote name='dchrisd']Didn't see this in the OP, but if I buy Mario Kart and another game after the 4th, does that mean I will get the $15 Mario Kart coupon and another $15 coupon since the grand total will be over $40???[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. And since they are two different offers, you could stack both coupons. Must attempt on Sunday.

Anything up w/ Kirby's Return to Dreamland? It's been OOS at my Kmart since Sunday, it isn't showing up on their website (the mobile version on my iPod, possibly location based, nor on the website, a search for "Kirby" only brings up "Epic Yarn") and the people at the store don't expect any in. Guess I better find Stock Boy.

WTF?!? - So I did a Google search for "Kirby's Return to Dreamland Kmart" and got a Kmart website page saying this -
We no longer carry this item. To find a similar item, scroll down or enter a term in the search box above.

Seriously? This a a first party Nintendo game that has only been out a month, how can you no longer be carrying it? I'm going to TRU for my pink 3DS.

Here's the link: http://www.kmart.com/nintendo-kirby-s-return-to-dreamland/p-018V004031451000P

Oh, Kmart also doesn't list Kirby Mass Attack on the DS. Sears lists both games in stock. Go figure.

[quote name='dchrisd']Didn't see this in the OP, but if I buy Mario Kart and another game after the 4th, does that mean I will get the $15 Mario Kart coupon and another $15 coupon since the grand total will be over $40???[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']That would be awesome. And since they are two different offers, you could stack both coupons. Must attempt on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Uh... what? doesn't the spend 40 get 15 promo end saturday? if so, then you wouldn't get another 15 coupon. just the one from mario kart.
surprised u didn't catch that confoosious o_O

Hey, Josh. I just received another thirty gift cards in the mail. Thanks, as usual, but why am I getting all of these again?

Do I really need to put here that I'm kidding? Because there will be someone who answers angrily otherwise, yes. Yes, I do.

The website for SYWR doesn't look like a mess of text boxes anymore. :shock: When did this change?

Also I somehow earned 100 bonus points a few days ago even though I bought nothing this month. :whistle2:s

OP updated with next week's sales found on SYWR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back