KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who comes up a few dollars (or pennies) short of meeting the amount they need to spend to get a gaming coupon to work:

The cheapest game Kmart seems to carry is a "Value" PS2 card game (poker, blackjack, etc.) for $4.99.

I found copies in their bargain bin and on the clearance rack.

Or if you want a cheap game that's actually good, you can get PS2 Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for $9.99. It's a great wrestling game!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/927675-fire-pro-wrestling-returns/reviews

[quote name='wEEman33']For anyone who comes up a few dollars (or pennies) short of meeting the amount they need to spend to get a gaming coupon to work:

The cheapest game Kmart seems to carry is a "Value" PS2 card game (poker, blackjack, etc.) for $4.99.

Or if you want a cheap game that's actually good, you can get PS2 Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for $9.99. It's a great wrestling game!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/927675-fire-pro-wrestling-returns/reviews[/QUOTE]

$4.99 is not quite the cheapest. AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack is $2.99.

[quote name='LouieT']Here is a screenshot of the listing on the SYWR preview:
OAvV5.png

It's kind of odd for Kmart to say that it has the artbook, while Amazon's listing says the artbook is an Amazon exclusive. :???: More conflicting info.

I'll edit the artbook part in the OP.[/QUOTE]
Good info, we'll see... It better come with the artbook or else I'm heading to Amazon :D

Hey Josh any possible deals on Kinect Disneyland Adventures? Im going broke but my daughter has added this one to her must have list after seeing it demoed in a store. Ive got a few coups to burn so I may have to give in at full price otherwise... Guess I shoulda snagged it @ $20 @ best buy the other day.

[quote name='wEEman33']For anyone who comes up a few dollars (or pennies) short of meeting the amount they need to spend to get a gaming coupon to work:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/927675-fire-pro-wrestling-returns/reviews[/QUOTE]

Even if you don't need it to boost your total up, BUY THIS GAME! I love this game so much! It's worth $60! It's worth $100! I love this game with a passion, it's my favorite game of all time

[quote name='soonersfan60']I'm surprised no one had a deal on Fortune Street. Was that a Nintendo thing or something, Josh?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was really hoping that Kmart would be offering a gaming coupon on this.

Question- I lost my gaming coupon but I have a email copy. Only thing is, its a tiny box with a upc barcode, if I print that email page off, will it still work?

It should work, but you might run into problems with the cashier not knowing what it is and inventing some reason to bar you using it. But, as I said, it SHOULD work.

[quote name='kk012']Yeah, I was really hoping that Kmart would be offering a gaming coupon on this.[/QUOTE]
The exact reason why I came in here. How odd for Nintendo to pick a time to bring out an offering from a Japanese series and not make it easy for mass consumption.

Did kmart carry fortune street? I haven't been by there lately but I think i want to give this game a try, coupon or no coupon.

Last edited:
[quote name='jer7583']Did kmart carry fortune street? I haven't been by there lately but I think i want to give this game a try, coupon or no coupon.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it at both my local Kmarts. $49.99. No coupon.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']I've seen it at both my local Kmarts. $49.99. No coupon.[/QUOTE]
Wow. Didn't know this. For some reason I thought Kmart wasn't carrying it. Gonna look for it next time I'm near the store

Went to my local Kmart last night to spend my expiring BF3 coupon (expires 12.10.11). Was hoping to get Kirbys Return to Dreamland. In the Wii cabinet, I notice a small sign in the corner that reads:

"SYWR Members, get a $15 gaming coupon with the purchase of Kirbys Return to Dreamland."

In the corner, I can half-makeout a "10/29" in the bottom corner. I call the clerk over, ask him to grab me the game. I then point to the sign and ask, "will you honor this?" The kid stumbles over his words, tells me it expired. I say its on display, and says he can ask the manager. He calls Chuck, a guy who has helped me countless times when gaming promotions did not work the way they should. Chuck explains to me that he can't replicate the coupon but can give me $15 off.

15 off + 20 gaming coupon = 14.99 out the door. The perfect ending to my 2011 coupon train. Thanks Kmart.

Wanted to ask a question before I make my trip out to Kmart. I have a $20 gaming coupon and I want to use it on a game thats $19.99, how can I get it to work? I know the total has to be at least $20 before tax.

[quote name='mitnosi']Wanted to ask a question before I make my trip out to Kmart. I have a $20 gaming coupon and I want to use it on a game thats $19.99, how can I get it to work? I know the total has to be at least $20 before tax.[/QUOTE]

buy something over $20.

[quote name='mitnosi']Wanted to ask a question before I make my trip out to Kmart. I have a $20 gaming coupon and I want to use it on a game thats $19.99, how can I get it to work? I know the total has to be at least $20 before tax.[/QUOTE]

Buy another game that pushes it over $20. ACDC RockBand Track Pack is their cheapest game at $2.99

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed on the Rayman discount (no hate, probably the first time kmart has disappointed me all year in fact). I held off getting it through amazon for 39.99 during the black friday/cyber monday lightning deals because I thought kmart might offer a better or at least comparable deal. I still might get it anyway if it does indeed come with the artbook.

Ughh, I'm so done after this. After spending two weeks waiting for my Kmart to get Kirby Return to Dreamland back in stock - they still don't have it - I decide to get Pokemon Rumble Blast instead. Not in stock of course.

Target lets me use my GC instantly. TRU makes me wait only 6 hours. Both stores let me use them on whatever I want with no expiration dates that I'm aware of. Kmart makes me wait until Sunday to use it and then gives me about a month to do so. Last year this worked out ok with so many games to choose from. This year I realize how much better all the other store offers are, they don't try and make me feel like a trained monkey jumping thru hoops. Good luck to the rest of you but I am so done.

I have the ad for next week. Just like what the SYWR preview posted, it's mostly sales for Wii and Kinect games, and coupons with some of the consoles.

The only new things in the ad are that the sales for uDraw and Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 are for all console versions, not just for Wii version.

[quote name='rjejr']

Target lets me use my GC instantly. TRU makes me wait only 6 hours. Both stores let me use them on whatever I want with no expiration dates that I'm aware of. Kmart makes me wait until Sunday to use it and then gives me about a month to do so. Last year this worked out ok with so many games to choose from. This year I realize how much better all the other store offers are, they don't try and make me feel like a trained monkey jumping thru hoops. Good luck to the rest of you but I am so done.[/QUOTE]

At first, coupons can be used instantly until people started returning the game and keep the coupon. That's why the delay was implemented. People who take advantage of the system is the reason why we can't have nice things. Then again, these deals are great but customer service experience varies.

This year, my Kmart was hit and miss but manage to satisfy me as a customer and will look forward to next year's deals.

Just curious about the 10% back on SYW points for December, is that cumulative purchases through the month?

So far I bought MK7, and planning on buying a PS3 ($249), would that net me the 10% back? Maybe I should throw in a stick of gum with the PS3 to be safe.

Had a good experience at Astor Pl NYC compared to last time. There wasnt anymore WWE 12' on display for x360 only ps3. Lady went to the back and pulled the last 4 copies out for x360. I was worried as I went to Penn Station a couple days after release and also yesterday and nothing left. $20 coupon, plus $20 giftcard = $20 game.

Astor Pl is generally pretty good to me.

I'm upstate visiting the parents this weekend, and stopped by the local K. Looks better organized, but the mission was to get Fight Night. Needed 2 copies.

Had none left... boo.

[quote name='Sex']surprised josh hasnt clarified what's going on with the rayman origins deal..[/QUOTE]

Have the mods still not figured out who you are yet? You've lasted pretty long this time.

----

So - the Buy Mario Kart 7 deal is dead but what's the featured deal this week? Seems like nothing really stands out.

In for Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012. Heading there today. Next week will be for Dance Central 2 for 24.95

Thanks OP

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']Is it possible to use a $20 coupon towards xbox live points?[/QUOTE]

If you want the 1600 point card, you have to add another gaming item to your purchase to put the total to $20.00+. If you want a 4000 point card, then the coupon is supposed to work fine. That said, some have had difficulty using coupons on point cards, and it's an issue that's mentioned in here every once in a while.

[quote name='Gore']I seem to have misplaced my coupons. Just curious. When do the kinect sports 2/ dance central 2 coupons expire? Thanks[/QUOTE]
They expired yesterday.

[quote name='LouieT']Yes, it's for all purchases in December before Christmas, all totaling between $250 to $500[/QUOTE]

Maybe the points don't show up right away? I'm looking at the shop your way rewards site and it shows "Your holiday spend: $0" for me right now.

Does anyone else have their Dec. purchases showing up yet?

[quote name='gunstar808']Maybe the points don't show up right away? I'm looking at the shop your way rewards site and it shows "Your holiday spend: $0" for me right now.

Does anyone else have their Dec. purchases showing up yet?[/QUOTE]

I bought... two 14.99 and two 12.99 games during the buy 40, get 15 coupon (the one not during COD week), might've used a coupon or somethin. says mine is 50.96. showed up a few days to a week later i think?
on the topic of holiday rewards. wonder wat i might need in the next two weeks that would require a $200 purchase lol.

[quote name='vlv723']At first, coupons can be used instantly until people started returning the game and keep the coupon. That's why the delay was implemented. People who take advantage of the system is the reason why we can't have nice things. Then again, these deals are great but customer service experience varies.

This year, my Kmart was hit and miss but manage to satisfy me as a customer and will look forward to next year's deals.[/QUOTE]

I personally don't mind the delay that much. I will continue to shop at Kmart despite stocking issues and various other issues. The main reason is because Josh, Mark, Stocky, and friends are top notch when it comes to customer service and trying to be competitive with the deals. The other reason, of course, the deals. Anytime I can get a new release a game coupon, AND a 1600 MS point card free or discounted I will buy it every single time. Regardless if my backlog is in the hundreds (hint..hint). :)

The only thing I wish kmart was more competitive on was MS/Sony point cards. I buy them often and even if I can get close to five dollars off the 1600 I will buy. The last few months I had to go through Amazon or Fred Meyer using FM's 15% coupons in their circular.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Any coupons coming next year?[/QUOTE]
Not if they are coming but what games and how much! :D I am hoping, as I hinted above, for some free MS point cards with the deals. Looking into the release schedule I do not see any new title purchases unitl end of Jan, and Feb. I wish the new SSX came out this month, near the beginning of the ski/snowboard season. The only other titles I can think of is DMC, Asura's Wrath, and The Darkness 2. In March the other big titles should be releasing like Mass Effect 3.

[quote name='gunstar808']Just curious about the 10% back on SYW points for December, is that cumulative purchases through the month?

So far I bought MK7, and planning on buying a PS3 ($249), would that net me the 10% back? Maybe I should throw in a stick of gum with the PS3 to be safe.[/QUOTE]

It's cumulative, so you can buy $50 here, $100 here, and still get to the total. The important thing is that it's not 10% back; it's $25 (25000 points) back if you spend $250 cumulatively before Xmas, and $50 back if you spend $500. Spending $499 doesn't get you more bonus points than spending $250.

[quote name='confoosious']Have the mods still not figured out who you are yet? You've lasted pretty long this time.

----

So - the Buy Mario Kart 7 deal is dead but what's the featured deal this week? Seems like nothing really stands out.[/QUOTE]
It is a save $15 on 12/18.

[quote name='crookshow']Gotta say I'm a little disappointed on the Rayman discount (no hate, probably the first time kmart has disappointed me all year in fact). I held off getting it through amazon for 39.99 during the black friday/cyber monday lightning deals because I thought kmart might offer a better or at least comparable deal. I still might get it anyway if it does indeed come with the artbook.[/QUOTE]
Not buying as much as we did LY, which in turn causes additional MDF support to be less. Not an excuse, just letting you know what is driving it.

I'm happy we were able to have such a good run these past two years, still trying to figure out how to get 2012 rolling.

[quote name='NeedMoreMoney']Ouch, Kmart has been great all year but those deals on new releases (that are already released) just don't quite add up to the competition.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. The B1G1 half off the middle of Nov. was kind of the crescendo for me this year.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is a save $15 on 12/18.[/QUOTE]

since it wasn't up, I assumed the rayman origins for wii would not be on sale, but this post has me wondering if it IS included in the sale with a fifteen off price tag, is it?

Any way to focus on only the major releases next year if necessary? Having a good coupon on games like Shadows Of The Damned or Alice is great and all, but if you can't get the funding can the deals be saved for just the major releases with any other deals you can come up with in between?

Granted though for the middle tier type games like those with no coupon at all I dont see a reason to get them at Kmart over anywhere else if there's no deal with them. Frankly I just don't think games like that should ever be $60 to begin with. Most just aren't worth buying for that price.

The line that divides a major release from a middle tier one is entirely subjective, though. As long as a game has a good amount of buzz and anticipation from consumers leading to its release, it's a prime candidate for a coupon. How well a game did as viewed after the fact isn't a possible consideration.

I didnt know this was even active or maybe it is somewhere but today I bought over $50 in games and got a $5 gift card.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Any way to focus on only the major releases next year if necessary? Having a good coupon on games like Shadows Of The Damned or Alice is great and all, but if you can't get the funding can the deals be saved for just the major releases with any other deals you can come up with in between?

Granted though for the middle tier type games like those with no coupon at all I dont see a reason to get them at Kmart over anywhere else if there's no deal with them. Frankly I just don't think games like that should ever be $60 to begin with. Most just aren't worth buying for that price.[/QUOTE]

I don't know this firsthand, but I suspect putting a deal on for Shadows of the damned or Alice was necessary to get the other deals.

[quote name='joshdts']I didnt know this was even active or maybe it is somewhere but today I bought over $50 in games and got a $5 gift card.[/QUOTE]

I received an email over the weekend about another make $50 or more purchase and get a $5 Awards Card promotion. Nice to know that it is active in store.

Anyone know how much LittleBigK is selling the LittleBigPlanet 2 collector's edition (the one in the LittleBig box with collectables) for? I noticed one "out" with no price, as if thewy only recently pulled it out from somewhere. I'm hoping for some sort of clearance deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back