KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
SHC, is there any way to know which KMARTs will be getting the CEs of Old Republic? I have 3 in my town and was curious. If my store happens to be one that is getting them, how many will there be per store? Also, will Sears stores be getting them (I'm assuming not).

[quote name='xaelus']Anyone know if K-Marts have SWTOR already?[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe I'll run by one of mine to see if they already put it out.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Wait, do you know for sure? Because I got it... and I'll sure as hell use my points if it's like that.[/QUOTE]

get some balls and spend it.. otherwise call SYWR yourself and they'll tell you.

so far, only maybe 2 people out of this thread has got the email. spend it and find out then report back...

Ok, I did the "Your Points are worth 5X more when you redeem now" thing. As mentioned, it does indeed multiply it by 5. I just asked to redeem my points, and it x5 automatically. I only had like $2.2X in my account, so I got $11 off. I was able to combine it with my gaming coupon, so I got a game and a pack of gum without anything out of pocket (and 5 cents left over in my account lol).

I just did the same as kintanos. I have the email and only 1920 points at 5X it came to $9.60. Maybe next year I will keep my points until the end of the year.

Man, i'm so pissed. I've been unloading my rewards points over the last couple months and now i get this 5x redemption bonus. I had over $200 bucks at one point, and now i only have 80 bucks left. Oh well, i guess i'll just see if i can go buck wild on the xbox/kinect bundle on Wed. and stack the 10% and $100 coupons.

Has anyone ever used points and gotten the promotion bonus? In other words if i use mostly points on my purchases, will it still be eligible for the 10% promotion?

[quote name='xycury']get some balls and spend it.. otherwise call SYWR yourself and they'll tell you.

so far, only maybe 2 people out of this thread has got the email. spend it and find out then report back...[/QUOTE]

telling me to get some balls wasn't necessary.

[quote name='kintanos']Ok, I did the "Your Points are worth 5X more when you redeem now" thing. As mentioned, it does indeed multiply it by 5. I just asked to redeem my points, and it x5 automatically. I only had like $2.2X in my account, so I got $11 off. I was able to combine it with my gaming coupon, so I got a game and a pack of gum without anything out of pocket (and 5 cents left over in my account lol).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vtalon']I just did the same as kintanos. I have the email and only 1920 points at 5X it came to $9.60. Maybe next year I will keep my points until the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

... damnnnnnnn. this is definitely the time to use my points... ajksdhaasjkfndjkasfga :applause: kmart just blew it out the water for me.

I am definitely excited, finally started a topic in this thread that didn't get buried and forgotten before the end of the night.

Still I wish, I didn't spend my $15 in SYWR points a few weeks ago.

[quote name='xycury']
If you got this....

[/QUOTE]

When I saw this image, I thought I had received the email. I checked and I got a similar email but "Your points are worth 5x more" is replaced by "Earn 5x more on qualifying purchases". :whistle2:|

I just noticed Professor Layton and the Last Spectre in the OP. I was planning on picking up some MS points with my SYWR points but I rather spend them on the latest Professor Layton game.

Their is no way this deal works for everyone. I have access to two SWYR accounts; one for me and one for my girlfriend. Both have about a $100 in SYWR points. No way Kmart is multiplying that by x5 this week.

[quote name='emg28']When I saw this image, I thought I had received the email. I checked and I got a similar email but "Your points are worth 5x more" is replaced by "Earn 5x more on qualifying purchases". :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

That's the one I got, too. I have almost $12 in points. Had I gotten the promotion to make them worth $60, I'd have two more games in my backlog right now.

Quintupling the points earned would be a great deal were I going to make a large purchase anyway like for a game system, but it's not enough to entice me to buy something I wasn't going to anyway.

[quote name='Gabrius']When would the email have been sent out? For some reason I ain't seeing it......[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived Wednesday, December 14, 5:40 PM

I went in to buy Old Republic from my K-Mart this morning and they claim they don't have it and that they don't really sell PC games at all anyway. I told them i realize this but that I was certain that they would at be getting in at least 1 or 2 copies of the old republic. Employee looks at me and rudely says nope we don't have it and won't ever be getting it.

Translation: I don't know anything about video games and since I know we don't sale many PC games, it's not possible for us to have this particular game and I don't feel like going to the back stock room to see if it's there.

Sigh that's the last time I deal with K-Mart when it comes to PC gaming.

[quote name='R_Fated_Circle']I went in to buy Old Republic from my K-Mart this morning and they claim they don't have it and that they don't really sell PC games at all anyway. I told them i realize this but that I was certain that they would at be getting in at least 1 or 2 copies of the old republic. Employee looks at me and rudely says nope we don't have it and won't ever be getting it.

Translation: I don't know anything about video games and since I know we don't sale many PC games, it's not possible for us to have this particular game and I don't feel like going to the back stock room to see if it's there.

Sigh that's the last time I deal with K-Mart when it comes to PC gaming.[/QUOTE]

It's in their ad circular. If the employee doesn't understand that means the store has it, a manager should. I realize it shouldn't have to come to that, but Kmart at the store level is sometimes not ideal.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']From the gift card team:

There was an error within the processing of all gift cards within the group that works the requests for your team. The error has been identified and a fix was put into place yesterday. All gift cards have been batched and the backlog has been worked up to 11/28. Customers should be receiving their gift cards within the next 5-10 business days from yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I've sent 2 emails to KmartGamerHelpMe since the fix with no response and still haven't received my gift card. I'm starting to think I'm SOL.

[quote name='kintanos']Ok, I did the "Your Points are worth 5X more when you redeem now" thing. As mentioned, it does indeed multiply it by 5. I just asked to redeem my points, and it x5 automatically. I only had like $2.2X in my account, so I got $11 off. I was able to combine it with my gaming coupon, so I got a game and a pack of gum without anything out of pocket (and 5 cents left over in my account lol).[/QUOTE]

Holy shit! Maybe it's finally time to buy an Xbox . . .

Hmm, now I have to decide whether I should get Rayman: Origins for a little over $9 or MW3 for about $24 this week...

The former will drop to $20 or so within a few months as Ubisoft titles do, and the latter rarely ever dips below its MSRP ($39.99 at BBY after Christmas being an exception).

If only we knew which "featured titles" came with the $15 coupon starting tomorrow--Rayman having it would seal the deal for me, but MW3 definitely has one due to its own deal.

Finally, what I played of Rayman: Origins was fantastic (IMO, the best 2D platformer since Yoshi's Island), but MW3 sounds like the same old CoD formula with a campaign that completes the story.

Decisions, decisions...:whistle2:k

What is the $100 Coupon for The Xbox Kinect Bundle going to be? 2- Fifty dollar coupons or just One $100 Dollar coupon? My sister wants a kinect/xbox bundle for Xmas and i'm thinking i better jump on this deal!

[quote name='tmille69']What is the $100 Coupon for The Xbox Kinect Bundle going to be? 2- Fifty dollar coupons or just One $100 Dollar coupon? My sister wants a kinect/xbox bundle for Xmas and i'm thinking i better jump on this deal![/QUOTE]
It is 1 one hundred coupon, not multiples.

[quote name='Optical']SHC, is there any way to know which KMARTs will be getting the CEs of Old Republic? I have 3 in my town and was curious. If my store happens to be one that is getting them, how many will there be per store? Also, will Sears stores be getting them (I'm assuming not).

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe I'll run by one of mine to see if they already put it out.[/QUOTE]
We received about 1800 of the CE's to our top 600 locations.

[quote name='emg28']When I saw this image, I thought I had received the email. I checked and I got a similar email but "Your points are worth 5x more" is replaced by "Earn 5x more on qualifying purchases". :whistle2:|

I just noticed Professor Layton and the Last Spectre in the OP. I was planning on picking up some MS points with my SYWR points but I rather spend them on the latest Professor Layton game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately, i got the same email. i didn't read it carefully enough and had a ton of stuff in my cart before the 5x didn't ring up and i realized the difference. I had to place a call to SYWR while in line, and got about a dozen dirty looks as I was holding up the line. Eventually i just charged everything to my CC rather than get murdered in a ghetto Kmart. I wish the SYWR rep would have been able to tell me immediately if i had been eligible for the 5x redemption bonus, rather than the 5x purchase bonus. Bleh.

Picked up Old Republic at store 4743 with no problems. Used my $20 coupon from Zelda and the new $15 coupon printed. Now to wait for FF XIII-2 and Soul Calibur 5.

[quote name='bajoe']I've sent 2 emails to KmartGamerHelpMe since the fix with no response and still haven't received my gift card. I'm starting to think I'm SOL.[/QUOTE]
I sent an email on Saturday that I haven't gotten a reply on about problems with 2 online purchases from Thanksgiving Day promotions. The KMart store deals have been great but I've been given the runaround by 5 different customer service people to try and get the $35 credit advertised on a Wii purchase from kmart.com

I actually found 2 CEs at a Kmart closer to downtown. I bought one and left the other. I was shocked when I actually saw it in the case. I also finally signed up for the Reward card as well. Thanks SHC for the heads up!

[quote name='avatar94']I sent an email on Saturday that I haven't gotten a reply on about problems with 2 online purchases from Thanksgiving Day promotions. The KMart store deals have been great but I've been given the runaround by 5 different customer service people to try and get the $35 credit advertised on a Wii purchase from kmart.com[/QUOTE]

Yeah, still waiting on my Ratchet and Clank gift card. Surprised there are others who haven't received it yet.

[quote name='TheHelix']Yeah, still waiting on my Ratchet and Clank gift card. Surprised there are others who haven't received it yet.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of messing up Christmas for two of our families who we bought Wii systems for. We planned on using the credit to get Wii Play Motion bundles in order to have second controllers for each. Now it's probably too late to get it delivered in time.

Why do you hate Christmas Kmart.com?

picked up saints row the third today using my $15 coupon from mario kart and giftcard (from bad experience i had during mw3 midnight release). had to get it for ps3 since they were out of 360 copies. then i come on here just now to find that starting tomorrow theyre going to be offering $15 coupons with certain games. im gonna be pretty upset if one of those games is saints row... :whistle2:( my own fault for not checking before i went today i guess. maybe ill luck out and theyll offer the coupon with a game like star fox 3ds which ive also been looking to pick up.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so wheres the list for the games that get 15 gaming coupon thats starts tommorrow[/QUOTE]

That's what I want to know as well.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']So how bad is the Nyko Zoom for Kinect supposed to be? Anyone have any personal impressions?[/QUOTE]

I have been satisified with the Zoom so far. The room I have the Kinect setup is just barely big enough to use the Kinect so with this I can stand closer to the Kinect and I have more room. The only issue I have really noticed is when you are trying to make a menu selection the cursor starts to shake a bit which can be annoying at times.

Overall though if you have enough room to use the Kinect then it's not worth it but if you don't have enough room then it's worth it.

I have two rewards cards accounts. Is there some way to combine the two? I also no longer have the card for either account. What would be my best bet to get access to my points?

Also, do you think Metroid Prime Trilogy will ever be clearanced like Sears did last year? I have access to one locally but would much prefer to pay, say, $20 instead of $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingofGames']Also, do you think Metroid Prime Trilogy will ever be clearanced like Sears did last year? I have access to one locally but would much prefer to pay, say, $20 instead of $50.[/QUOTE]

Given the online prices for that game, I'd just suck it up and pay $50 before somebody else finds it at your store and you miss out. I'm sure you would much prefer to pay, say, $50 instead of $100+.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so wheres the list for the games that get 15 gaming coupon thats starts tommorrow[/QUOTE]
I was partially right. Same games, but with one addition:
:pc: Star Wars: The Old Republic
:360::ps3: Modern Warfare 3
:360::ps3: Skyrim

From flash ad on kmart.com:
FUPCv.png

A few weeks ago I received a coupon that said if I spent $50, my points would be multiplied by ten. Would returning something, which would bring my balance under $50, cause me to lose the 10X points? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='41down']picked up saints row the third today using my $15 coupon from mario kart and giftcard (from bad experience i had during mw3 midnight release). had to get it for ps3 since they were out of 360 copies. then i come on here just now to find that starting tomorrow theyre going to be offering $15 coupons with certain games. im gonna be pretty upset if one of those games is saints row... :whistle2:( my own fault for not checking before i went today i guess. maybe ill luck out and theyll offer the coupon with a game like star fox 3ds which ive also been looking to pick up.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget, PSN is giving people with copies of Saints Row the third a free copy of Saints Row 2. The deal is supposed to be active til February, I think

Woo who! Got the last copy of Kirby Mass Attack for $19.99 and 3DS Mario Galaxy Crystal Armour case for $14.99 with my $20 Zelda coupon and $1.72 x 5 = $8.60 Kmart points for $6.93 out of pocket. So about $45 merchandise plus $4 tax for < $7, a good CAG day for me.

My wife has banned me from future coupon trains though, too much work and they didn't have Pokemon Rumble Blast or Kirby's Return to Dreamland when I went looking on several occasions. The Zelda coupon ends next week, don't know what I would've done with it if I didn't get the last Kirby today. And the Kmart holiday rewards program has a $250 minimum, TRU does't have a minumum, am looking forward to my GC next month. But we'll see what happens next year - maybe some good WiiU deals will change our minds.

thanks Josh for the deals and Jeffrey at the W. Babylon Kmart for knowing how to handle these coupons and rewards points and store inventory questions

[quote name='LouieT']I was partially right. Same games, but with one addition:

From flash ad on kmart.com:
FUPCv.png
[/QUOTE]*sigh* Oh well, looks like I'll still be getting Rayman: Origins for about $9 and ending my coupon train for now (the Sears GC I'm requesting for Christmas should make it easier to get back on :razz:).

It seems a little odd that this deal would be advertised for 12/21-12/24 when the coupon deals for SW:TOR and MW3 run at that time anyway (12/18-12/24).

I'm having a hell of a time tracking down Kirby Mass Attack in stores. I was hoping to stop somewhere tonight on my way home from Framingham, MA (so pretty much anywhere from east central mass to new hampshire) and every store I call says they're sold out or "didn't see it."

I sent Andrew an email this morning but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone seen copies in like Acton, Tewksbury, even Salem NH? I know I've seen copies in the past couple weeks but completely sold out in the area is crazy.

[quote name='KingofGames']I have two rewards cards accounts. Is there some way to combine the two? I also no longer have the card for either account. What would be my best bet to get access to my points?
[/QUOTE]

I had two accounts merged by calling SYWR customer service. The lady was awesome and it was much less painful than I had anticipated.

[quote name='TheHelix']Yeah, still waiting on my Ratchet and Clank gift card. Surprised there are others who haven't received it yet.[/QUOTE]
I'll follow up with Mark today to get a status update on emails, thanks for posting.

[quote name='LouieT']I was partially right. Same games, but with one addition:
[/QUOTE]

Pretty cool since Skyrim's on sale @ $50 this week. And I can use up the MK7 coupon.

Glad I passed on the TRU sale

I got a copy of Professor Layton and Kirby Mass Attack. I wasn't planning on getting Kirby Mass Attack, but I forgot the Zelda coupon was $20. The game seemed more interesting than anything in the clearance bins, so I used it to get my extra cent. I also used my $5 of reward points to cushion the impulse buy.

With that, both my holiday game shopping is complete, and my coupon train is over for the year. Thanks for the deals, Kmart!

I think this was covered in a few of the thousands of posts on this thread, but I just need a quick confirmation. Can you use coupons on PSN cards? And before the officers of Law and Order: Kmart Thread Division tell me to read the OP, I did. I read post 3 or 4 that deals with coupons and got this:

Instant conditional offers with PSN/XBLA cards are also available in all locations, even non-circular areas

That just doesn't seem very clear. That is the only place on the front page that i saw that discussed coupons and PSN cards. So can you use coupons on PSN cards or Wii Points?

[quote name='JP73']I think this was covered in a few of the thousands of posts on this thread, but I just need a quick confirmation. Can you use coupons on PSN cards? And before the officers of Law and Order: Kmart Thread Division tell me to read the OP, I did. I read post 3 or 4 that deals with coupons and got this:

That just doesn't seem very clear. That is the only place on the front page that i saw that discussed coupons and PSN cards. So can you use coupons on PSN cards or Wii Points?[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='themixmaster']I'm having a hell of a time tracking down Kirby Mass Attack in stores. I was hoping to stop somewhere tonight on my way home from Framingham, MA (so pretty much anywhere from east central mass to new hampshire) and every store I call says they're sold out or "didn't see it."

I sent Andrew an email this morning but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone seen copies in like Acton, Tewksbury, even Salem NH? I know I've seen copies in the past couple weeks but completely sold out in the area is crazy.[/QUOTE]

I dug out a copy of Kirby Mass Attack from the back of the case in the Newburyport, MA store late this afternoon, but didn't see any copies beyond the one.

I got the 5x reward points email a week or so ago but I couldn't make any sense of it until checking out this thread. I picked up Rayman for the PS3 and Kirby for free with my points, so thanks to those here who were able to explain/clarify this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back