SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='regis100']Saw a PSP-1000 today:

[IMG-C=144]22566[/IMG-C][/QUOTE]

I think we should do a competition to see who can find the oldest gaming stuff at their kmart.

Categories for:

Software
Hardware
Accessories

I remember seeing some copies of Madden for psOne from like 2002 or something ringing up for $50 still at a wal-mart here. lol.

Ah I just got off the phone with two different locations, the workers were really helpful and now I'm confident on which games I want along with L.A. Noire! Does anyone know though, if Resonance of Fate performs better on one console? Or similar?

[quote name='foreinter']Hey, just simmer down. I know the LA Noire deal. Do you know what else could be on sale?[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that sir. I am almost certain nothing else will be having a deal next week. :D

[quote name='jer7583']I think we should do a competition to see who can find the oldest gaming stuff at their kmart.

Categories for:

Software
Hardware
Accessories

I remember seeing some copies of Madden for psOne from like 2002 or something ringing up for $50 still at a wal-mart here. lol.[/QUOTE]
You have me beat, but I just want to say how disappointed I was when I found Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (Xbox) for ~$30-40.
(spontaneously transforms into the Hulk due to the experience)

[quote name='jaredstorm']Why do people always forget to read the OP?!?[/QUOTE]

Because not every thread on here has an updating first page so some people scan a few pages then ask their question? Seems pretty logical and maybe a polite message letting them now how the thread works is better than the constant "Read the OP noob!" crap we get on here.

[quote name='jer7583']I think we should do a competition to see who can find the oldest gaming stuff at their kmart.

Categories for:

Software
Hardware
Accessories

I remember seeing some copies of Madden for psOne from like 2002 or something ringing up for $50 still at a wal-mart here. lol.[/QUOTE]

My store has got a nice pile of old/unwanted psp bundles. If josh would clearance them at a significant discount I'd be all over it :p .

I think I'm the only person who buys video games for themselves at my local. Only other customers seem to be grandparents clueless buying random shovel-ware as gifts. Literally every good price drop they've ever had sits for months until I decide I want it.

Does anyone know if Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition will be sold at Kmart? The disc version supposedly coming out on June 28, 2011.

[quote name='elyfant422']Does anyone know if Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition will be sold at Kmart? The disc version supposedly coming out on June 28, 2011.[/QUOTE]
It will not be, sorry. I still have too much inventory on the old sku to double down with Arcade.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Hopefully we see a similar deal where you buy $120 in games and get a $60 coupon in November when COD:MW3 and BF3 are likely released :D[/QUOTE]
Not a bad idea :)

[quote name='jaredstorm']Sorry about that sir. I am almost certain nothing else will be having a deal next week. :D[/QUOTE]
People should search my posts here.
I posted yesterday (or maybe Wednesday) that there's nothing on sale in the print ad.
Though it does mention the $149 Wii with Mario Kart.

[quote name='biledriver']Because not every thread on here has an updating first page so some people scan a few pages then ask their question? Seems pretty logical and maybe a polite message letting them now how the thread works is better than the constant "Read the OP noob!" crap we get on here.[/QUOTE]

Of course, if we're willing to accept that they're scanning a few pages as you suggest before asking something that's been made clear already (and frankly, I'm not willing to accept that they are), they should probably figure it out from the five or so times they encounter someone telling someone else to check the OP. Just sayin'.

I try to be gentle with people asking redundant questions, often linking the appropriate post when available. I'm not going to fault anyone who applies sarcasm to their responses, though. In non-severe cases, I find it delightfully amusing.

The second closest Kmart to me is closing...it's a bummer.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110513/BIZ01/105140316/Kmart-closing-Florence-store

Anybody familiar with how Kmart handles store closings and closeout deals on video games? Josh, not sure if you want to comment on that, but it'd soften the blow a little bit if I could get some awesome, final deals. Still have the store 2 minutes away from me, which I always preferred anyway.

Categories for:

Software
Hardware
Accessories

Your Walmart has PS1 games?

I know my Kmart (one of the *good* ones even) still has a handful of PS1 games. No idea what they are going for though.

On topic: Is this SKU ( 19.97 | BASS PRO SHOPS: THE STRIKE X360 SAS | UPC= 0084289201196-8 ) the version with the rod included (i.e. the bundle version)?

[quote name='grizbo']The second closest Kmart to me is closing...it's a bummer.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110513/BIZ01/105140316/Kmart-closing-Florence-store

Anybody familiar with how Kmart handles store closings and closeout deals on video games? Josh, not sure if you want to comment on that, but it'd soften the blow a little bit if I could get some awesome, final deals. Still have the store 2 minutes away from me, which I always preferred anyway.[/QUOTE]

This is crappy news. I frequently go to this store to pick up new releases. I guess you live near the Erlanger one? I don't mind driving to little farther, but kind of sucks to see another store close.

[quote name='hostyl1']I know my Kmart (one of the *good* ones even) still has a handful of PS1 games. No idea what they are going for though.

On topic: Is this SKU ( 19.97 | BASS PRO SHOPS: THE STRIKE X360 SAS | UPC= 0084289201196-8 ) the version with the rod included (i.e. the bundle version)?
[/QUOTE]

I just bought the one with the rod (ebay, sorry never seen it at Kmart) and the UPC is 842892011975

[quote name='Bretts31344']This is crappy news. I frequently go to this store to pick up new releases. I guess you live near the Erlanger one? I don't mind driving to little farther, but kind of sucks to see another store close.[/QUOTE]
I actually did not know this. I usually receive a report when this happens.

Not bad Josh on gettin your email finished. Hopefully I am one of the last 33 people to help. If I dont hear from you, will email you monday again. Have a good night and a great weekend. I for one am glad its going to be raining and storming, will cool it off here and I can play video games

[quote name='AJVtony831']I think he's talking about the poor reviews it got and talking about Brink, not L.A noire[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Only 33 people left to help![/QUOTE]

Ooh! Ooh! Fingers crossed I'm one of them! I hope I'm a winner!! :D

In other news, was up at GameStop today (gotta get Catherine SOMEWHERE, right?...probably gonna be Amazon...) and there was a guy looking for some RPGs. He saw Tales of Vesperia and Resonance of Fate on the shelf. Vesperia used at $34.99 and RoF new for $59.99. I told him to go check Kmart since they're both down to $19.99 there. I also told him about some of the deals I had there and the upcoming LA Noire deal.
He put the games back, CANCELLED his LA Noire preorder and said he was going to Kmart.
I felt awesome.

Hey Josh, i was still wondering - if i go out and get la noire, and i choose a game that should have a price drop but it doesn't come up as such, what should i do? just buy it and email u? or just not buy it at all?

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Ooh! Ooh! Fingers crossed I'm one of them! I hope I'm a winner!! :D

In other news, was up at GameStop today (gotta get Catherine SOMEWHERE, right?...probably gonna be Amazon...) and there was a guy looking for some RPGs. He saw Tales of Vesperia and Resonance of Fate on the shelf. Vesperia used at $34.99 and RoF new for $59.99. I told him to go check Kmart since they're both down to $19.99 there. I also told him about some of the deals I had there and the upcoming LA Noire deal.
He put the games back, CANCELLED his LA Noire preorder and said he was going to Kmart.
I felt awesome.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Hey Josh, i was still wondering - if i go out and get la noire, and i choose a game that should have a price drop but it doesn't come up as such, what should i do? just buy it and email u? or just not buy it at all?[/QUOTE]
Don't buy the game if it does not work and I will comp the value. It should work though.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Ooh! Ooh! Fingers crossed I'm one of them! I hope I'm a winner!! :D

I felt awesome.[/QUOTE]
Saving yours for last of course :) Down to the final 10.

I felt awesome.[/QUOTE]
You are the man by the way!!!

New to this kmart rewards thing. So if i pick up la noire next week, i get a game 19.99 or under free without having to do anything extra? Also, i just became a rewards member today

[quote name='ajumbaje']New to this kmart rewards thing. So if i pick up la noire next week, i get a game 19.99 or under free without having to do anything extra? Also, i just became a rewards member today[/QUOTE]

Unless you use your rewards membership, there are no deals.

When you use your membership, either with the card (if you received it) or your phone number, you will get a $19.99 or under game for free and you will also get a $20 off coupon towards your next game purchase, which is valid for about 45 days.

Categories for:

Software
Hardware
Accessories
[/QUOTE]

Love this idea. I think Viewtiful Joe for the GC is the oldest at mine.

Josh, when do you think you'll be able to reveal the deal for Duke Nukem Forever? I know you're still finalizing the coupon amount, but do you have a guesstimate as to when you can tell us (e.g. after L.A. Noire releases)?

My guess: $20 coupon.

Will you guys be running a sale with Child of Eden? I'd like to give you business again (haven't had a problem with coupons or SYWR yet, all of my first week purchases are done at K-Mart now)

Please lemme know, gotta get a pre-order in somewhere else that week if not.

aw too bad about Arcade Edition for SF4. I want that on a disc, not the DLC version. Totally understandable though. At this point the only people who will care about that release are the ones playing it more than casually.

[quote name='bobphone']Love this idea. I think Viewtiful Joe for the GC is the oldest at mine.[/QUOTE]

One store in my area has Viewtiful Joe 2 for GC. I think the Matrix Reloaded VHS tapes at another are about the same age, probably along with the PS2 games at some of the ones.

[quote name='Solder']Will you guys be running a sale with Child of Eden? I'd like to give you business again (haven't had a problem with coupons or SYWR yet, all of my first week purchases are done at K-Mart now)

Please lemme know, gotta get a pre-order in somewhere else that week if not.[/QUOTE]
We definitely will.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, when do you think you'll be able to reveal the deal for Duke Nukem Forever? I know you're still finalizing the coupon amount, but do you have a guesstimate as to when you can tell us (e.g. after L.A. Noire releases)?

My guess: $20 coupon.[/QUOTE]
Your guess it the target. Still negotiating.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Don't buy the game if it does not work and I will comp the value. It should work though.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool, I was just wondering

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Very nice Josh. Hope this means you can relax this weekend.[/QUOTE]

and prepare for some potential la noire deal issues... (but hopefully not, lookin very forward to the game and the deal!)

I sincerely hope amazone does not match. I canceled my amazon noire pre-order. I dont see how they will beat the free game promo at this point... looking to pick up a few overlooked titles.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I picked up Rachet and Clank:A Crack in Time for $5 today after my $15 coupon from the $60 coupon deal. Now I have to decide which game to get with the LA Noire deal. I am split between Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Resonance of Fate and Tales of Vesperia. Anything I should know about one of these that might make it a deal breaker. If I had not just gotten Metro 2033 and Halo Wars it would have been a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

I can only speak to two of those:

Resonance of Fate was fantastic. The storyline is a bit meh, but the combat system is great and the exploration hexagon system is equally fun. I never quite finished it and am planning on rebuying soon.

Eternal Sonata was near unplayable for me and my wife. Just too... slow? I remember cutscenes being overbearing as well. Some people really like it though.

Note -- i prefer a good battle system over story; i play for the strat not the story.

[quote name='sasuke543']Ah I just got off the phone with two different locations, the workers were really helpful and now I'm confident on which games I want along with L.A. Noire! Does anyone know though, if Resonance of Fate performs better on one console? Or similar?[/QUOTE]

RoF plays great on a PS3, but it's not the kind of game where i think you'll see any issues on either console.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Let's see them have fun matching this one. Let's dance.[/QUOTE]

Just got an email from a company who doesn't want to be mentioned.

They write: 'Kmart wants to shake a tail feather, huhhhh?! Well, we're offering FREE New Born Babies w/purchase of LA Noire!'

:whistle2:o

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back