SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to go back to the store as one of the games was priced 19.99 but rang up more. I didn't pay to notice immediately. If I never post again, someone send a rescue party to the store!

I stopped by kmart last night and picked up splatterhouse $19.99 for ps3. Let me just say this, I will never have any faith in what gamespot and ign rates games anymore. I always look at what actual people who buy the game gives it and I knew something funny was up with that game because it got good reviews from everyone except the big reviewers like gamespot and ign. I played through the 1st chapter last night and I love the game. I can already tell there is going to be lots to unlock in the game (including sexy photos of his girl Jennifer) and the gameplay is spot on so don't worry about controls if you are on the fence about this one. I've heard some complain about the camera but I had no problems with it. I just move it around if I'm killing a bunch of creatures and want to get a better angle on the action. The blood meter thing is a cool way to move up and unlock new moves which you get to buy with blood. This game is a steal at $19.99 and easily worth $59.99 so if you like a nice bloody M rated game go pick this up NOW!!!

[quote name='ps2emotions']I stopped by kmart last night and picked up splatterhouse $19.99 for ps3. Let me just say this, I will never have any faith in what gamespot and ign rates games anymore. I always look at what actual people who buy the game gives it and I knew something funny was up with that game because it got good reviews from everyone except the big reviewers like gamespot and ign. I played through the 1st chapter last night and I love the game. I can already tell there is going to be lots to unlock in the game (including sexy photos of his girl Jennifer) and the gameplay is spot on so don't worry about controls if you are on the fence about this one. I've heard some complain about the camera but I had no problems with it. I just move it around if I'm killing a bunch of creatures and want to get a better angle on the action. The blood meter thing is a cool way to move up and unlock new moves which you get to buy with blood. This game is a steal at $19.99 and easily worth $59.99 so if you like a nice bloody M rated game go pick this up NOW!!![/QUOTE]

Nier was a game that all the big review sites gave like 6.5's roughly, maybe a bit lower/higher. That game turned out to be my 2nd favorite game of last year (just bet out by just cause 2), both which were published by square enix, oddly enough. I even bothered to stop reading reviews anymore, being on CAG can really help me determine the games value, not what some silly score means.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Easily worth it, great game.[/QUOTE]
Ok great, it looks fun, was wondering a CAG's opinion on it. Plus $15 is a no brainer for me if I can find a copy.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Nier was a game that all the big review sites gave like 6.5's roughly, maybe a bit lower/higher. That game turned out to be my 2nd favorite game of last year (just bet out by just cause 2), both which were published by square enix, oddly enough. I even bothered to stop reading reviews anymore, being on CAG can really help me determine the games value, not what some silly score means.[/QUOTE]
That is your problem and many others do the same thing. You are focusing on the wrong thing in game reviews. If there is a game I think I may be interested in, I will look at the score, but then read the review to understand WHY it was scored that way. Still one of my favorite games on PS3 is Bionic Commando. Only about a 70 rating overall, but I read about it, bought it and really enjoyed it.

[quote name='wrencrest']That is your problem and many others do the same thing. You are focusing on the wrong thing in game reviews. If there is a game I think I may be interested in, I will look at the score, but then read the review to understand WHY it was scored that way. Still one of my favorite games on PS3 is Bionic Commando. Only about a 70 rating overall, but I read about it, bought it and really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this is why I dislike scoring. People's view of the scale always gets warped (70 isn't "good" but "terrible"), it's too easily thrown into Metacritic without any context, and it does not describe what makes the game deserve that score.

Some of my favorite games are considered mediocre or worse if you go by scores, but reading the meat of the review, I found that what bugged the reviewers didn't bother me, so I had a blast.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How is Enslaved? Is it worth the $15 pickup? I might check tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Pick it up man best deal going for a game right now (other than splatterhouse of course) also does anyone know if there will be a kmart promotion for alice madness returns? I just checked amazon and it's back to $59.99 for the ps3 version. I see it comes with a bonus soundtrack which may or may not warrant picking it up at amazon. If it were to go to $39.99 at amazon with soundtrack I would preorder for sure. Otherwise if kmart offers a deal similar to LA Noire I will surely get it there. This might be a game that suprises us from what I've seen thus far.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How is Enslaved? Is it worth the $15 pickup? I might check tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Great game, I enjoyed it a lot.

Silly question, anyone know how to print a replacement Shop Your Way card? I signed up two weeks ago and still haven't gotten one in the mail. (so want to just print one up to use)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Silly question, anyone know how to print a replacement Shop Your Way card? I signed up two weeks ago and still haven't gotten one in the mail. (so want to just print one up to use)[/QUOTE]

You technically shouldn't need one, as the cashiers can look you up by your mobile number or e-mail, depending on which you provided when you signed up. Redeeming your points might be an issue though, as I believe there is supposed to be a PIN assigned for redemption.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Silly question, anyone know how to print a replacement Shop Your Way card? I signed up two weeks ago and still haven't gotten one in the mail. (so want to just print one up to use)[/QUOTE]

It's an actual card you know. Can't just print it off. Go get one in-store.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok great, it looks fun, was wondering a CAG's opinion on it. Plus $15 is a no brainer for me if I can find a copy.[/QUOTE]

Add me as another one who says buy it. I got it for $17 from Amazon and loved it. It's fairly short and nothing groundbreaking, but the facial expressions, acting, and story made me enjoy every second of it!

Good one for the extended weekend if it's not nice weather out.

[quote name='wrencrest']That is your problem and many others do the same thing. You are focusing on the wrong thing in game reviews. If there is a game I think I may be interested in, I will look at the score, but then read the review to understand WHY it was scored that way. Still one of my favorite games on PS3 is Bionic Commando. Only about a 70 rating overall, but I read about it, bought it and really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]
Oh I do read the reviews and try to figure out why they scored a game that way, but it also seems like a lot of games tend to get shafted by reviewers nowadays for no reason. Like with Nier's case, reviewers bitched about everything in that damn game except for the soundtrack, but I tried it and had no problems with about 90% of the things reviewers were bitching about.

It just seems that reviewers have become less reliable to me.

Another vote for Enslaved here. I picked it up on release and never regretted it. One of my favorite games last year. Game play was engaging enough, but the story is what really captured me.

I'm back from my visit to the store. No issues with the price-fixing. I don't see myself going back to that store until Infamous 2 if Josh has any kind of promotion for it. Amazon doesn't as of yet outside of some DLC that doesn't really interest me. As we get closer the deals will begin to reveal themselves..waiting for the first company to start the cascade...

[quote name='jaredstorm']It's an actual card you know. Can't just print it off. Go get one in-store.[/QUOTE]
Actually they could just give their phone number that they used to create the account in lieu of having to have the actual card on them.:D That's how I've been getting points, since my wallet is crammed to bursting already with the local grocery store reward/loyalty cards and other various chain reward/loyalty cards.

So I decided which one(s) got the boot from my wallet and unfortunately Kmart/Sears was on the short list.:razz:

Yet another vote for Enslaved here, got it when K-mart had it for $15 earlier this year. Also, Splatterhouse is definitely worth $20, it's a load of fun and it comes with the original trilogy built in (the uncensored arcade version of the first game had yet to make an appearance in the states), so it's $5 for each of the 4 games, if you think about it. (I'm sure if they came out on XBLA, it'd be about that price, if not more).

Moving over to 6.0, still updating OP's.

5.0, RIP, you were pretty solid. You took us through the bad SYWR, the good SYWR, the return of the coupons and just a few awesome deals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back