SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n4styn4t3']Looks like Sunday and Monday will net you 25000 bonus points for purchases above $150. Just got an email from SYWR.[/QUOTE]
I'll create a segment in the main op for SYWRs that I will encourage you guys to update since I cannot get a calendar of events.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Oh....my......lord. Please email. Sometimes this is like climbing backwards up a jagged mountain barefoot with broken glass taped to my feet bloodsport style.[/QUOTE]
Kickboxer is the one with the broken glass.

"You bleed like Mylee..."

"Noooo!!!!"

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll create a segment in the main op for SYWRs that I will encourage you guys to update since I cannot get a calendar of events.[/QUOTE]

You know just realized this for some reason, but with the ability to make posts Wiki's it opens up some ways to let posters do a little bit of helping out. If you would be interested in that UPC List I know I wouldn't mind, and I'm sure a few others wouldn't either to keep that updated. I've used it a lot in the past as I've said a few times and it's kept me from walking out empty handed at least 2 or 3 times.

That way it's just one less thing you have to worry about keeping up with and maybe reduce some headaches. This thread has saved me a ton of money so I would be honored to do a little bit to contribute back.

Josh, I once swore away Kmart for good a while back...but goddammit, your deals keep pulling me back. I constantly walk away telling myself it will be the last time...yet find myself weaseling back. Especially last month with Portal 2, then LA Noir. *sigh*...now I know what a crack addict feels like...sorta.

Anyways, really looking forward to June edition. I hope you don't do anything extremely awesome for Infamous 2 since I want to keep my preorder at Amazon to get the preorder bonus...so please don't tempt me.

Anyways, from a former Kmart hater, I just wanted to say you're doing an awesome job!

[quote name='iceman88']
If it wasn't for Josh's deals would anybody even think twice about putting up with this shit?[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't for Josh's deals or Josh's customer service, the latter being more important to me, I probably never would have set foot in a Kmart nor back into it after a couple bad experiences.

At this point in the game(no pun intended) I think all of us CAGers just need to bear w/ the unprofessional idiots at the store level. As time goes on and Josh makes changes to where Kmart deals can be accessed via online purchase we won't have to deal w/ the god awful service at the store level.
Sad part is there are some stores that are really good but bad new always takes precedent.

[quote name='aznhero913']If it wasn't for Josh's deals or Josh's customer service, the latter being more important to me, I probably never would have set foot in a Kmart nor back into it after a couple bad experiences.
.[/QUOTE]

100%. I hadn't stepped 1 foot into a kmart for quite sometime. Josh's deals got me into the door and his customer service keeps me coming back. Even though I haven't needed him for anything, know that he's there to help is invaluable.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I haven't tried a dual coupon scenario, say a 15 on Alice that also spits out a $15 for Shadow...that would be cool. I may have to be funky with the redemption period but it has promise.[/QUOTE]

Hey just make sure you have your IT guys get it right ;)

I could see this kind of specific coupon either not working on one version or something or accidentally working on everything, the way that trying new things has gone in the past!

I really hope the top brass above Josh take a minute to read this thread once in a while and see how much he truly contributes to a customer returning and going as far as putting up w/ shady employees at the store level.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I cannot wait for this email........oh yes.[/QUOTE]

For the record, and for the sake of my conscience, I hope no one gets punished beyond any verbal reprimand for this incident. I have no interest in pointing out the flaws in any particular retail establishment and as I have had my fair share of mistakes in the same field....I posted this one merely because it was amusing and reflective of a "hostile" environment vis a vis online offers.

I will email you the location, but as I indicated I hope no ill effects outside of a coaching or whatever your retailer calls it. You were very kind in your initial email and that is why I am replying, as your true interest is not termination but proper training.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']What store is this again. I want to contact them now.[/QUOTE]

Eek. Can I get a security detail next time I walk in there? I'm a sitting duck if one guy can spot me... :hot:

[quote name='iceman88']If it wasn't for Josh's deals would anybody even think twice about putting up with this shit?[/QUOTE]
As my 2-trip Dirt 3 fiasco demonstrated this week, the aggravation is currently just about evenly worth the deals, which could swing in either direction at any time.

I wonder if we should just start collecting some sort of part-time pay for showing K-mart employees what the new games are, which boxes in which cage they are sitting in, and why they should really be put out in the case? Perhaps note down the time spent in stores and send Josh a monthly timesheet for HR? :D

Is Kmart gonna carry the Oblivion 5 year edition? I know it is very limited and want to preorder to be safe, however if Kmart is gonna carry I just assume to keep my business with them.

[quote name='rocko34']Is Kmart gonna carry the Oblivion 5 year edition? I know it is very limited and want to preorder to be safe, however if Kmart is gonna carry I just assume to keep my business with them.[/QUOTE]

Josh posted earlier they have secured enough to have an inventory in stores...or something to that effect. You may want to get in contact with him or the other employee regarding your local store.

[quote name='caponesgun']Josh posted earlier they have secured enough to have an inventory in stores...or something to that effect. You may want to get in contact with him or the other employee regarding your local store.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, nothing like Reward points on games Im gonna buy anyway. Thanks:applause:

[quote name='rocko34']Sweet, nothing like Reward points on games Im gonna buy anyway. Thanks:applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']This is accurate. That said we secured enough to hit all stores in a limited fashion.[/QUOTE]

Found it :cool:

[quote name='aznhero913']I really hope the top brass above Josh take a minute to read this thread once in a while and see how much he truly contributes to a customer returning and going as far as putting up w/ shady employees at the store level.[/QUOTE]
Just my direct boss unfortunately. My President and VP, two people I quite frankly adored have recently accepted positions at other companies.

My direct boss though, Jim Stella is the best man I know. He read this thread daily.

[quote name='jer7583']I don't think josh has ever offered title or publisher specific coupons. We should be thankful for that.

The new Alice apparently comes with the old PC alice game as well? That's really cool. I want that game.[/QUOTE]

Told the girlfriend about the first game being the second, and she went crazy. However, I'll probably pick it up from Amazon for her (since it's $15 off MSRP and comes with a nice soundtrack), I owe her anyways, she just picked up AvP: Hunter Edition for me.

[quote name='sadboy']Kickboxer is the one with the broken glass.

"You bleed like Mylee..."

"Noooo!!!!"[/QUOTE]
Corrected, as always, you light up my life.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Told the girlfriend about the first game being the second, and she went crazy. However, I'll probably pick it up from Amazon for her (since it's $15 off MSRP and comes with a nice soundtrack), I owe her anyways, she just picked up AvP: Hunter Edition for me.

[quote name='caponesgun']for the record, and for the sake of my conscience, i hope no one gets punished beyond any verbal reprimand for this incident. I have no interest in pointing out the flaws in any particular retail establishment and as i have had my fair share of mistakes in the same field....i posted this one merely because it was amusing and reflective of a "hostile" environment vis a vis online offers.

I will email you the location, but as i indicated i hope no ill effects outside of a coaching or whatever your retailer calls it. You were very kind in your initial email and that is why i am replying, as your true interest is not termination but proper training.

Eek. Can i get a security detail next time i walk in there? I'm a sitting duck if one guy can spot me... :hot:[/quote]

lol!!!

[quote name='aznhero913']lol!!![/QUOTE]

LAUGHING AT MY PAIN :booty:

Josh: LA Noire, part three (The forum post you requested contact about for clarity)

Is now in your junk mail. Make sure not to click on the nigerian scam instead :argue::censored:

[quote name='caponesgun']For the record, and for the sake of my conscience, I hope no one gets punished beyond any verbal reprimand for this incident. I have no interest in pointing out the flaws in any particular retail establishment and as I have had my fair share of mistakes in the same field....I posted this one merely because it was amusing and reflective of a "hostile" environment vis a vis online offers.

I will email you the location, but as I indicated I hope no ill effects outside of a coaching or whatever your retailer calls it. You were very kind in your initial email and that is why I am replying, as your true interest is not termination but proper training.

Eek. Can I get a security detail next time I walk in there? I'm a sitting duck if one guy can spot me... :hot:[/QUOTE]

Next time you go in there, the employee will just pull out a 12 gage shotgun from behind the counter...

[quote name='caponesgun']For the record, and for the sake of my conscience, I hope no one gets punished beyond any verbal reprimand for this incident. I have no interest in pointing out the flaws in any particular retail establishment and as I have had my fair share of mistakes in the same field....I posted this one merely because it was amusing and reflective of a "hostile" environment vis a vis online offers.

Eek. Can I get a security detail next time I walk in there? I'm a sitting duck if one guy can spot me... :hot:[/QUOTE]

You're wrong. That guy deserves to get fired. It's one thing to make a mistake. It's another to then get hostile towards a customer and then basically ruining the entire shopping experience.

If what you say is true, that manager should fire his ass right away and then give you an apology.

Hey Josh,
Thanks for all of your hard work.
I was wondering if there was any way to get an RSS feed setup with weekly deals?
I don't make it to this site all the time and would love to have something just hit my google reader feed and keep me in the loop.
I tried using the blog but it either doesn't work with rss or I'm just not doing it right.
Thanks!

[quote name='utopianmachine']As far as I can tell, Kmart has no online stock locator, does it? I was wanting to check if my local store has any copies of Enslaved left.[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine the SNAFU when that was put into place with the inconsistent store numbers people have faced? All respect to kmart employees intended, but they can't even find new releases on Tuesday.

Josh would either die from stress or jump off a bridge :pray:

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Told the girlfriend about the first game being the second, and she went crazy. However, I'll probably pick it up from Amazon for her (since it's $15 off MSRP and comes with a nice soundtrack)[/QUOTE]

Unless you Preorded Alice: Madness Returns already, you may want to wait for Josh's deal. Amazon has it back to 59.99 now, although you still do get the soundtrack.

[quote name='utopianmachine']As far as I can tell, Kmart has no online stock locator, does it? I was wanting to check if my local store has any copies of Enslaved left.[/QUOTE]You can always email Stock Boy ([email protected]) with your local Kmart's store # and/or location, and he can tell you how many copies the store is supposed to have in stock.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']Unless you Preorded Alice: Madness Returns already, you may want to wait for Josh's deal. Amazon has it back to 59.99 now, although you still do get the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]
All I have to say is remember Portal 2

[quote name='caponesgun']LAUGHING AT MY PAIN :booty:

Josh: LA Noire, part three (The forum post you requested contact about for clarity)

Is now in your junk mail. Make sure not to click on the nigerian scam instead :argue::censored:[/QUOTE]

Not at all man.

I know you don't wanna be confrontational w/ the guy but seriously dude, next time he says something like that take out your cell phone and turn on the recording app.
Ask him if he as the fuckn balls to prove that he doesn't care if anyone knows how he feels about treating customers.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All I have to say is remember Portal 2[/QUOTE]

I'd rather not. My girlfriend told me I had a better chance of sticking my in a portal than in her any time soon if I continued pondering aloud why portal's do not exist yet and my frustrations therein around friends when playing multiplayer.

:lol:

[quote name='aznhero913']Not at all man.

I know you don't wanna be confrontational w/ the guy but seriously dude, next time he says something like that take out your cell phone and turn on the recording app.
Ask him if he as the fuckn balls to prove that he doesn't care if anyone knows how he feels about treating customers.[/QUOTE]

I already vowed to my girlfriend that if I see him again I may swing on him so bring money for bail :lol:

Sarcasm aside, I meant to record the conversation but once he referred to Josh as a bafoon I lost my composure.

[quote name='caponesgun']I'd rather not. My girlfriend told me I had a better chance of sticking my in a portal than in her any time soon if I continued pondering aloud why portal's do not exist yet and my frustrations therein around friends when playing multiplayer.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

:applause: You have just made my night friend.

[quote name='caponesgun']I already vowed to my girlfriend that if I see him again I may swing on him so bring money for bail :lol:

Sarcasm aside, I meant to record the conversation but once he referred to Josh as a bafoon I lost my composure.[/QUOTE]

For God's sake don't take a swing at the guy.

I promise you that he will piss his pants if you ask him to nut up and speak so bravely into a recording device.

I know it's hard to do in that situation but never REact. Always ACT.

Hopefully Josh can send this up the right channels so this guy is fired by the end of the week.

I wouldn't want to take part in getting someone fired either, but if this guy really said the things that he did, especially using slurs against large segments of the population, he already has no interest on keeping his job. He's looking for a way out that he can convince himself was someone else's fault. Add to that that he deserves everything he gets and needs that metaphorical wake-up slap.

[quote name='joshrocker']100%. I hadn't stepped 1 foot into a kmart for quite sometime. Josh's deals got me into the door and his customer service keeps me coming back. Even though I haven't needed him for anything, know that he's there to help is invaluable.[/QUOTE]

This. I hadn't even thought about KMart until Josh got involved here. I didn't buy games on release week or anything. Now, I buy nearly every game I care about on release week and even some games I didn't have interest in but the deal was too good to pass up. I haven't needed Josh for anything as my store has been absolutely phenomenal from their CS reps, to electronics employees, to managers but knowing if I have a problem it will be resolved is amazing.

As an aside, with regards to the comment that one employee made... I, personally, would want to see him fired for that. I mean, I understand people have 'bad' days and I've been guilty of them myself when I worked CS in retail but that's beyond a snarky remark to a difficult customer. His comment was so far inappropriate that if I was a fellow employee and knew that he made that comment and didn't see him get reprimanded appropriately for that, I would quit.

Awww, it's back up to $60? Nevermind then. And that Portal 2 sale was pretty awesome, if Alice: Madness Returns is getting similar treatment, we'll see if I'll drive out 10 miles to the nearest K-mart. Also, I agree with the above post, I never used to buy anything on release week/day until K-mart... it's ridiculous.

Bleh, too bad that points weekend isnt during the PS3 deal. Very doubtful one could go grab a PS3 this weekend and price match the June 5th deal and keep the points.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All I have to say is remember Portal 2[/QUOTE]
There's a good way of kind of "revealing" a deal. I dont know for sure which deal you meant for Portal 2 but either way the deal + the uncertainty on the quality of the title is enough for me to cancel at Amazon.

Speaking of the quality of a title, it always helps that Kmart is a B&M retailer. For many titles (All of those being released in June included) I just don't know if a game is going to be worth buying or not until reviews hit. At that point It's usually too close to release for me to order at Amazon, so if I decide I want the game I'll get it from Kmart B&M instead of ordering online and having to wait until after release date for a game to get to me.

Also, I think you made a good call leaving Hunted at a $15 coupon...the game releases in less than a week and I haven't seen or heard much of anything about it...even if it does turn out to be surprisingly good, the $15 coupon is enough for me to decide to get it at Kmart since no other retailer seems to be doing much of anything with it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Also, I think you made a good call leaving Hunted at a $15 coupon...the game releases in less than a week and I haven't seen or heard much of anything about it...even if it does turn out to be surprisingly good, the $15 coupon is enough for me to decide to get it at Kmart since no other retailer seems to be doing much of anything with it.[/QUOTE]
What about Toys R Us?

[quote name='sadboy']What about Toys R Us?[/QUOTE]

Everybody knows TRU doesn't count.

Edit: You think K-mart could ever get a cool, yet worthless in-store gaming magazine (WITH COUPONS) like TRU or BB? Except it should be free like TRU's. I would totally be on board for writing subpar articles for less than minimum wage.

[quote name='sadboy']What about Toys R Us?[/QUOTE]
Josh is right, you're hilarious.

Seriously though I did forget about their deal. Oops. I don't really like TrU though unless they're throwing out $30 gift cards with games called Batman.

Hi Everyone. As of this message I have followed up with everyone who has emailed me this week. If you have not heard back please resend as I have not received it. Thanks!

I'll be starting the new thread tomorrow. I will list all of the titles with confirmed offers as well.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh is right, you're hilarious.

Seriously though I did forget about their deal. Oops. I don't really like TrU though unless they're throwing out $30 gift cards with games called Batman.[/QUOTE]

When did that happen, ever?

Also, Josh scared me a little because how immediate he posted after me, kinda peed myself a bit. Don't hate on my ideas.

Congrats on a job well done, Josh. Rest up while you can, E3 be a-comin' Can't be pulling these late shifts right now.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']When did that happen, ever?[/QUOTE]
Batman Arkham Asylum on release for rewardsrus members I think it was. Crazy awesome deal.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Everybody knows TRU doesn't count.

Edit: You think K-mart could ever get a cool, yet worthless in-store gaming magazine (WITH COUPONS) like TRU or BB? Except it should be free like TRU's. I would totally be on board for writing subpar articles for less than minimum wage.[/QUOTE]
It is very possible a community project like this is in the works :)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Batman Arkham Asylum on release for rewardsrus members I think it was. Crazy awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

Damn, it's alright, I picked it up for the first time recently when GS had the GotY for $20. Sadly, 'twas the inferior 360 version (No PS3, much hate for Sony I has). Played it for ages every day for a week until I cleared everything but the challenge rooms. Pumped about Arkham City like no other game ever, doubt they'll do a repeat of that though.

Lmao, even my asinine bullshit comments have some degree of correctness and relevance? fuck, excuse me while I deflate my head.

[quote name='aznhero913']I really hope the top brass above Josh take a minute to read this thread once in a while and see how much he truly contributes to a customer returning and going as far as putting up w/ shady employees at the store level.[/QUOTE]
The C-level brass of most companies are usually too busy diving Scrooge McDuck style into pools of money to get involved with their customers in any way. Immediate bosses though, that can be different.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My direct boss though, Jim Stella is the best man I know. He read this thread daily.[/QUOTE]
I, for one, welcome our unseen overlord.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']The C-level brass of most companies are usually too busy diving Scrooge McDuck style into pools of money to get involved with their customers in any way. Immediate bosses though, that can be different.

I, for one, welcome our unseen overlord.[/QUOTE]
Oh, you've seen him. He's secretly none other than... (points to random lurker!)

(makes him a nice fruit salad)

Major props to the folks at store #3353 (Blanding Blvd, Orange Park, FL) on Tuesday afternoon. Between *at least* three people (the people I directly saw/interacted with), they collaborated and thoroughly investigated all possible locations for Dirt 3 and ultimately found the only two existing copies (one each for 360/PS3) after about 15-20 minutes. (At least the second scouring of the warehouse.) Even if they never found them, they deserve credit for their time and effort during the search. During their running back & forth, I made sure to tell them individually I appreciated their efforts (and I also filled out the web survey).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back