SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='splintercell']
This is still by far the most frustrating aspect of trying to get anything on release day. Sure, every so often the deals themselves aren't working right, but Josh takes care of that very well. This though is a chronic problem that's now going on for close to a year (since I started buying games at K-mart). I mean, at the end the employees should just reach over and put on their preprinted sign that says "As a representative of K-mart, I am too lazy to even try to help, I don't care about your business, so please take your money to one of our competitors."[/QUOTE]There really should be some sort of release day guarantee put in place. Maybe a $10 gift card or coupon of some sort. Maybe that would help store-level managers get their act together.

EDIT: Nevermind I am an idiot! I was logging in through the KMART.com site and not the actual SYWR site! I found the transaction. I am sure i can get the credit from here. Thanks guys.

[quote name='n8great321']Any chances there will be a deal with Ocarina of Time 3DS in June? Maybe something with Twilight Princess? Just sayin lol. Regardless, keep up the GREAT work with Kmartgamer.com[/QUOTE]
Definitely a deal on Ocarina of Time, probably not a cross over with Twilight though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guessing you meant deal on Ocarina of Time, not a cross over with twilight princess.

That deal is looking like a discount on another 3DS title, from what stock boy had said.

Just don't beat him too harshly for jumping the gun on that one :)

Went to go pick up Dirt 3 just a little bit ago at my local Kmart and they didn't have any copies. The old woman who was working (didn't have a name-tag) was very rude when I asked if they had any in the back.

We called another Kmart in the area and they didn't have any either...

Kmart Store: 3198
St. Albans, WV

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Looks like Sunday and Monday will net you 25000 bonus points for purchases above $150. Just got an email from SYWR.[/QUOTE]

Also, it seems that it is for both days meaning that you can make multiple purchases earning up to the 25,000....I hope anyway :lol:

[quote name='sharingan501']Any word on an oblivion 5 year anniversary deal Josh?[/QUOTE]

I would love this, but the print run is very small and apparently is only going for smaller stores so I don't expect to see anything. I snagged a copy off of Overstock before they sold out to put on Ebay, but it was 360 and I play on PS3, which they sold out of first. These are going to be hard to get.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']I would love this, but the print run is very small and apparently is only going for smaller stores so I don't expect to see anything. I snagged a copy off of Overstock before they sold out to put on Ebay, but it was 360 and I play on PS3, which they sold out of first. These are going to be hard to get.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has them for preoder if Kmart won't carry.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Amazon has them for preoder if Kmart won't carry.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking on Amazon now and don't see them. All I see are Game of the Year Edtions and Skyrim.

Edit: Nevermind, I found them, but they are kind of obscure on the site. Just preordered a PS3 version. Thanks!

[quote name='Murderstorm']I wonder if kmart will do a price match on doa dimensions for the 3ds cause I got coupons for kmart[/QUOTE]

KMart does not price match.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Definitely a deal on Ocarina of Time, probably not a cross over with Twilight though.[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer this, that it not be tied to Twilight Princess. The games are on entirely different systems. That, and I don't think tying a remake to a later entry in the series makes as much sense as doing the same with a direct sequel.

Is Kmart going to carry Dead or Alive Dimensions? I went in to get it today and there was no spot for it and I was told that they didn't receive any today. They were nice about it, but they said it means they probably won't be carrying it. Just wanted to check before I picked it up somewhere else. If it's just a delayed shipment, I'll wait it out.

[quote name='NDPsycho']Is Kmart going to carry Dead or Alive Dimensions? I went in to get it today and there was no spot for it and I was told that they didn't receive any today. They were nice about it, but they said it means they probably won't be carrying it. Just wanted to check before I picked it up somewhere else. If it's just a delayed shipment, I'll wait it out.[/QUOTE]

It's a delayed shipment. KMart will have it next week, we've been told. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8495463&postcount=6923

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont see where he says that, or what a "spiff for Skyrim" even means, but that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]It's in the comments for the eleventh post on his page (as of this post).

a spiff is an incentive to sell something, e.g. "there's a $50 spiff on android phones this month so I'm pushing the hell out of them to customers." I've never heard of it used as an incentive to buy something.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']I would love this, but the print run is very small and apparently is only going for smaller stores so I don't expect to see anything. I snagged a copy off of Overstock before they sold out to put on Ebay, but it was 360 and I play on PS3, which they sold out of first. These are going to be hard to get.[/QUOTE]

How do you know that it is going to be limited?

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']There are only going to be 200,000 units produced of the 5th year edition of Oblivion.[/QUOTE]

That's a rumor to generate sales IMO. Sure, limited time run...but it's available now in other forms. That's to get the people on the fence to get "something not everyone else got"...

[quote name='caponesgun']That's a rumor to generate sales IMO. Sure, limited time run...but it's available now in other forms. That's to get the people on the fence to get "something not everyone else got"...[/QUOTE]

I'm only interested because of the coupon for Skyrim. I actually just bought this game from a CAG (PS3 GOTY edition) and it is currently in transit. Go figure that I buy a 5 year old game and then they announce a "new" version;)

[quote name='caponesgun']That's a rumor to generate sales IMO. Sure, limited time run...but it's available now in other forms. That's to get the people on the fence to get "something not everyone else got"...[/QUOTE]

I'm only interested in this because of the $10 coupon for Skyrim. I actually just bought this game from a CAG (PS3 GOTY edition) and it is currently in transit. Go figure, I buy a 5 year old game and then they immediately announce a "new" version;)

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']There are only going to be 200,000 units produced of the 5th year edition of Oblivion.[/QUOTE]

This is what I read as well. To be honest, I don't think the game is going to sell millions of copies simply because most people who want it, already have it so it makes sense to do a small run of this edition. I missed out because my roommate in college put in a hundred and something hours into the game and I felt no need to play it until recently. But I am in the minority. I'd love to buy it from Kmart, but realistically even if they get it, they probably won't have it in my small town store, so I did go the Amazon route and now I can enjoy what everyone says is a great game.

This is accurate. That said we secured enough to hit all stores in a limited fashion.

It all depends on the amount of pre-orders.
If the interest is there (as in 200,000+ pre-orders), then there will obviously be more units.
However, I doubt there'll be that many, and I doubt they'll print more than that since they make more money with the GotY edition, anyways.
However, I am suddenly gladdened that I had never thought about picking this game up until now.

[quote name='confoosious']a spiff is an incentive to sell something, e.g. "there's a $50 spiff on android phones this month so I'm pushing the hell out of them to customers." I've never heard of it used as an incentive to buy something.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I miss used the word spiff in that instance, I am really just trying to work out a coupon on top of the coupon that is in the box.

[quote name='salty tbone']Just as long as he doesn't pay out spliffs, then some Kmart employees would be even lazier.[/QUOTE]

i'd work there for spliffs

Well, thanks for the great deal on LA Noire, Josh. Now if only my PS3 would play the effing game I might be able to enjoy the great deal you had.

http://youtu.be/YJwCrYvr9pM

Game is recognized by the PS3 but launches to a black screen that stays there indefinitely. I had no problems playing the game for a couple days then I went to play it tonight and this. All other games play just fine on the system. FML.

When is Oblivion 5th Anniversary coming out?

Edit: Hmmm.. June 28. I may buy this, I liked Fallout 3 a lot but I'm not a huge RPG fan so should I get it anyways?

[quote name='The_ZZ']When is Oblivion 5th Anniversary coming out?

Edit: Hmmm.. June 28. I may buy this, I liked Fallout 3 a lot but I'm not a huge RPG fan so should I get it anyways?[/QUOTE]

It's a fantasy RPG for one, so, not exactly like FO3. I wish I could say there was a demo for you to try, but I can't find one. Try it out if you have Gamefly or buy it cheap used and return it? However, if you DO like it, THIS is the edition to buy (don't worry about the sale this week, the only thing available that's not on the GotY is the horse armour). Considering Shivering Isles (one of the add-ons on the GotY edition) costs 2400 points on its own. -_-

[quote name='The_ZZ']When is Oblivion 5th Anniversary coming out?

Edit: Hmmm.. June 28. I may buy this, I liked Fallout 3 a lot but I'm not a huge RPG fan so should I get it anyways?[/QUOTE]
On the 5th anniversary.

I just wonder, will Kmart be carrying any copies of the Skyrim guide so that we're able to use the coupon that comes in the Oblivion Steelbook Triple-Dip Purchase Edition? If not, will Kmart set things up to accept the coupon without the purchase of a guide?
We obviously haven't seen the coupon yet, so the wording might be up in the air, but the sticker on the case sure makes it seem like the Save $10 thing applies to buying the game AND the guide together.

Any word on this, Josh?

[quote name='JoeCamNet']I just wonder, will Kmart be carrying any copies of the Skyrim guide so that we're able to use the coupon that comes in the Oblivion Steelbook Triple-Dip Purchase Edition? If not, will Kmart set things up to accept the coupon without the purchase of a guide?
We obviously haven't seen the coupon yet, so the wording might be up in the air, but the sticker on the case sure makes it seem like the Save $10 thing applies to buying the game AND the guide together.

Any word on this, Josh?[/QUOTE]Regardless of what the sticker might say, Josh said on his FB page that according to what Bethesda told him, you shouldn't have to buy the guide with Skyrim to use the coupon.

Will kmart carry the PC version of that Oblivion 5th anniversary game? I have an xbox copy but it would be nice to re-play on a PC now that mine is so overpowered for that older game.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']It all depends on the amount of pre-orders.
If the interest is there (as in 200,000+ pre-orders), then there will obviously be more units.
However, I doubt there'll be that many, and I doubt they'll print more than that since they make more money with the GotY edition, anyways.
However, I am suddenly gladdened that I had never thought about picking this game up until now.[/QUOTE]

Problem is there are only a limited number of preorders. Overstock.com had a very small number and sold out and Amazon likely also has a limited number they can sell.

[quote name='aznhero913']Is this game guaranteed to not have reprints after it's 200,000 production?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will. Steelbook editions are usually not reprinted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back