SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Regardless of what the sticker might say, Josh said on his FB page that according to what Bethesda told him, you shouldn't have to buy the guide with Skyrim to use the coupon.[/QUOTE]
I'm asking for 100% clarification today.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Won't Josh have to go to E3 in a week or two? And that's right after the LA Noire email deluge. No rest for the wicked, I suppose.[/QUOTE]
E3 is beyond exhausting.......but I love every minute of it.

[quote name='jer7583']Will kmart carry the PC version of that Oblivion 5th anniversary game? I have an xbox copy but it would be nice to re-play on a PC now that mine is so overpowered for that older game.[/QUOTE]
Looks like only console from the allocations we were given.

[quote name='DJP519']Josh, any chance of a coupon deal on this Resistance bundle?
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/24/resistance-1-and-2-greatest-hits-bundle-incoming/
If you're going to sell me a PS3 with this mysterious June offer (price drop plus coupon and/or free/discounted game?), this game would be near the top of my wish list, assuming it comes out in early summer, rather than late summer.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
We will not have this bundle, definitely confirmed. Too much stock of existing items and it will [FONT=&quot]cannibalize[/FONT] them

So Josh, can we assume that when you reveal the June deals, it'll be time for Kmartgamer 6.0? It would be pretty comical if you simultaneously announced the deals and closed the thread:

"OK, here are the June dealstimefornewthreaddiscussthemtherethreadclosed." :p

that's what I expected for Oblivion.

Well, the GOTY is only $20 on steam anyway.

I'm trying to figure out my budget for games for the next month. I was on the fence about Zelda but I think i'm going to pick it up for the 3DS. I know it's been hinted that the deal will be something along the lines of a discount on another 3DS title. . . will this be like the LA Noire deal with a GC and a game discount? Or are you staying super tight lipped on this one and can't say anything yet?

So DW7 is gonna be next week, right? Since it is the last week of the month?
I'm desperatly hoping that the deal did not fall by the wayside...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']E3 is beyond exhausting.......but I love every minute of it.[/QUOTE]
I can only imagine. :) If you guys run the same contest for E3 again next year, hopefully I'll have a (worthy) blog with which to enter myself. I would love to be able to dig into a tradeshow and get a hands-on feel for the industry. It's why I'd love to go to GDC as well. The process of creation fascinates me as much as the end result.

Are any big marquee titles coming out soon? I know there's inFamous 2, but is there anything else? I can't think of much coming out this summer.

Is anyone else amused by the desparate pleas for Dynasty Warriors 7 deals that continue to be ignored? lol

Those games are certainly in no way for me but if you enjoy them more power to you.

[quote name='jer7583']that's what I expected for Oblivion.

Well, the GOTY is only $20 on steam anyway.[/QUOTE]
Are buying Skyrim for PC as well?

I would be in heaven if the Alice deal was a $15-$20 coupon PLUS a $20 off coupon for Shadows of the DAMNED (they're both EA and there's a week between their release dates). They are two of my most anticipated games.

[quote name='sadboy']Are buying Skyrim for PC as well?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, my laptop is from like 2009, so it's well over-spec for oblivion but I am almost certain that it will not run skyrim as well as the 360 will.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I would be in heaven if the Alice deal was a $15-$20 coupon PLUS a $20 off coupon for Shadows of the DAMNED (they're both EA and there's a week between their release dates). They are two of my most anticipated games.[/QUOTE]

I don't think josh has ever offered title or publisher specific coupons. We should be thankful for that.

The new Alice apparently comes with the old PC alice game as well? That's really cool. I want that game.

Yeah, I know. I just really want them both but I'm on a very tight budget (I'm currently unemployed and have applied for Kmart, talked to the manager and need to call her when she's there this week) and probably can't afford them both. A man can dream.

[quote name='jer7583']Is anyone else amused by the desparate pleas for Dynasty Warriors 7 deals that continue to be ignored? lol

Those games are certainly in no way for me but if you enjoy them more power to you.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that too, I did buy, play, and trade in at launch since it was 49.99 at Kmart and I traded in for 30 something.

I feel bad, these people need their fix, just as I did, but it is sad how every other day a different person is asking about it :( I'd advise just being patient, they will have to clearance these out at some point, as the niche that fill the DW brand is small.

[I walk into a Kmart to take advantage of the Dirt 3 with $15 credit today.

Me: "Do you have Dirt 3?"
[We both look through their own flyer which shows it as a new release]
KMart Staffer: "Should be in the New Releases section."
Me: (coming back): "No, couldn't find it. It just came out yesterday."
Other KMart Staffer: "Yeah we probably have it in the back but haven't taken it out yet. Come back tomorrow."

They lost one purchase today -_-

[quote name='wongjp'][I walk into a Kmart to take advantage of the Dirt 3 with $15 credit today.

Other KMart Staffer: "Yeah we probably have it in the back but haven't taken it out yet. Come back tomorrow."
Me: "Could you please go get me a copy? It's suppose to be available for purchase right now."

They lost one purchase today -_-[/QUOTE]
You should have said what I typed up there in bold. If they refused then you should have asked for management. It's not your fault that employees don't do their job, but you gotta take some initiative.

[quote name='Buuhan1']You should have said what I typed up there in bold. If they refused then you should have asked for management. It's not your fault that employees don't do their job, but you gotta take some initiative.[/QUOTE]

While I get your perspective, in most stores, you don't have to. You go in, the title is there, you pay and walk out. The extra parts of this experience can be considered a Kmart exclusive. Can you imagine how much Kmart would be raking in if the customer experience and the great deals converged?

[quote name='Buuhan1']You should have said what I typed up there in bold. If they refused then you should have asked for management. It's not your fault that employees don't do their job, but you gotta take some initiative.[/QUOTE]

True, true :cry: I'm not a confrontational person generally and was put off at this particular location - my first visit actually to a Kmart in... a very long time. I was in the area and decided to check CAG via mobile, noticed the deal.

The deals in store are great- but you need to work with them a little bit. From having employees paged to open the case, sending them back to the cage, explaining the current promotions, etc. There are a few CAGs that shop my store, and I like to think of my K-mart as a bonsai tree that we have slowly, over time, taught to do things correctly and trust our knowledge of the current promotions. .

Sorry Josh, the Target deal worked out for me and I am sitting here with $160 in gift cards and a PS3 for $299. :( But don't worry, I won't be leaving the coupon train at Kmart, I think I am going to donate the $100 card to charity if the website lets me choose the charity. Just gotta decide which system to buy for now is all. :)

Question:

I noticed Kmart has splatterhouse on sale. Seeing that got me thinking; I'm almost positive (could be completely wrong though) that before that game released Amazon had a collectors edition listed that was supposed to come with a replica mask. I have been searching eBay and Amazon and can't find any mention of that version.

what is scrapped at the last minute?

[quote name='GBAstar']Question:

I noticed Kmart has splatterhouse on sale. Seeing that got me thinking; I'm almost positive (could be completely wrong though) that before that game released Amazon had a collectors edition listed that was supposed to come with a replica mask. I have been searching eBay and Amazon and can't find any mention of that version.

what is scrapped at the last minute?[/QUOTE]
I think that was gamestop that had that. here: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/splatterhouse/73584

^^^Thank you. I'm not sure that mask is worth paying $20 more, at Gamestop no less. Not to mention there is no guarantee they'd even ship it.

If you're a GameStop PowerUp member, they have the masks as a reward for 5,750 points which isn't really TOO much. If you've got some points stockpiled, it's a pretty nice statue.
Considering their Dragon Age letter openers are both over 8,000 points, the statue is pretty cheap in the end.

Josh, I came here to tell you my recent story about my visit to Kmart.

I walked into electronics to take a look at Dirt 3. The guy who refused to believe the L.A noire deal approaches me. "Hello again, come to get good service but complain later anyway? Only one person asked about the promo and we all get yelled at for it? Yeah, that was you. So, how do I avoid getting that?"...When I told him it was already too late he scoffed saying "Do you think I care what some do-goody on a public forum says? He's as important to me as Lady Gaga and she's a dyke..."

He then walked away, I believe to leave for the day as I never saw him again. My girlfriend heard some of the conversation as she saw my face and decided it was best to get the hell out of dodge. I am in no way blaming kmart or it's management for this, it's an isolated incident. But him remembering me, and blaming me for his getting "yelled at" was great, man. The finale was almost as good as when I went to check out the cashier said "Do you need our customer complaint line? Or will the email suffice?" when I asked how many complaints they had faced that week about the video games. I really wanted to deck him, but instead I bought my games and just shook my head.

This store clearly loves me enough to where just to prove a point assuredly I'll be back ;)

[quote name='caponesgun']Josh, I came here to tell you my recent story about my visit to Kmart.

I walked into electronics to take a look at Dirt 3. The guy who refused to believe the L.A noire deal approaches me. "Hello again, come to get good service but complain later anyway? Only one person asked about the promo and we all get yelled at for it? Yeah, that was you. So, how do I avoid getting that?"...When I told him it was already too late he scoffed saying "Do you think I care what some do-goody on a public forum says? He's as important to me as Lady Gaga and she's a dyke..."[/QUOTE]
This douche needs to be fired, pronto. It's not even remotely acceptable the attitude he has, or his voicing it to you, but to start throwing around dyke as a slur? That's pretty awful for a retail employee to be throwing about in front of customers. I'm willing to bet Kmart has a policy prohibiting that kind of shit.

[quote name='caponesgun']Josh, I came here to tell you my recent story about my visit to Kmart.

I walked into electronics to take a look at Dirt 3. The guy who refused to believe the L.A noire deal approaches me. "Hello again, come to get good service but complain later anyway? Only one person asked about the promo and we all get yelled at for it? Yeah, that was you. So, how do I avoid getting that?"...When I told him it was already too late he scoffed saying "Do you think I care what some do-goody on a public forum says? He's as important to me as Lady Gaga and she's a dyke..."

He then walked away, I believe to leave for the day as I never saw him again. My girlfriend heard some of the conversation as she saw my face and decided it was best to get the hell out of dodge. I am in no way blaming kmart or it's management for this, it's an isolated incident. But him remembering me, and blaming me for his getting "yelled at" was great, man. The finale was almost as good as when I went to check out the cashier said "Do you need our customer complaint line? Or will the email suffice?" when I asked how many complaints they had faced that week about the video games. I really wanted to deck him, but instead I bought my games and just shook my head.

This store clearly loves me enough to where just to prove a point assuredly I'll be back ;)[/QUOTE]
Should have asked for a manager and then asked him to repeat to the manager what he was saying to you just to have even more fun.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']I've noticed that too, I did buy, play, and trade in at launch since it was 49.99 at Kmart and I traded in for 30 something.

I feel bad, these people need their fix, just as I did, but it is sad how every other day a different person is asking about it :( I'd advise just being patient, they will have to clearance these out at some point, as the niche that fill the DW brand is small.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly it. With Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 still not having a firm release date (possibly the 28th of June, but Josh said months ago that he probably won't carry it anyway, so I'll have to buy it somewhere else for *gasp* MSRP), I need my fix. Someone asked at the beginning of the month or end of last month about it, saying nowhere has had a deal on it since release and I am 99% sure that Josh said that he was going to do something with it with the remainder of whatever resources he has for deals for this month.

So I am not trying to nag. This thread moves quick though, every Tuesday. So I am just asking every now and then. If the deal isn't going to happen this month, then that's okay. I have just never seen it addressed again.

While I get what your trying to say you are completely wrong. He shouldn't have to ask, I doubt the dude was particularly busy they sales person should have said they would check the back not to come back tomorrow. Customer service is the most important part of retail, and offering to check the stock room to see if an item is there is the bare minimum that an employee could do. A lot of Kmart employees offer no effort whatsoever and its what makes shopping at Kmart a bitch.

If it wasn't for Josh's deals would anybody even think twice about putting up with this shit?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Should have asked for a manager and then asked him to repeat to the manager what he was saying to you just to have even more fun.[/QUOTE]

Last time I tried that that store, I waited for 30 odd minutes and eventually someone in a suit came up to me and asked what happened. I cliffnoted it and he nodded and walked away within a minute or two. At that point, I was frustrated enough and instead of just being belligerent I just left.

This store clearly loves me enough to where just to prove a point assuredly I'll be back ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, if nothing else, deal-shopping for video games gets some interesting stories. Part of it is frustrating and part of it is just this weird social experiment.

I cannot wait for this email........oh yes.

What store is this again. I want to contact them now.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I cannot wait for this email........oh yes.[/QUOTE]

As terrible as that is and how much that should never happen. I can't help but want to see this one is going to play out. If that associate thought he got yelled at, he cannot even comprehend what is about to happen. The fallout shall be glorious with a swift hammer of justice for better customer service.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']What store is this again. I want to contact them now.[/QUOTE]

Can you share to store location so we can all make arrangements to be there when you call :)

[quote name='wongjp'][I walk into a Kmart to take advantage of the Dirt 3 with $15 credit today.

They lost one purchase today -_-[/QUOTE]
Oh....my......lord. Please email. Sometimes this is like climbing backwards up a jagged mountain barefoot with broken glass taped to my feet kickboxer style.

[quote name='jer7583']I don't think josh has ever offered title or publisher specific coupons. We should be thankful for that.

The new Alice apparently comes with the old PC alice game as well? That's really cool. I want that game.[/QUOTE]
I haven't tried a dual coupon scenario, say a 15 on Alice that also spits out a $15 for Shadow...that would be cool. I may have to be funky with the redemption period but it has promise.

[quote name='joshrocker']I'm trying to figure out my budget for games for the next month. I was on the fence about Zelda but I think i'm going to pick it up for the 3DS. I know it's been hinted that the deal will be something along the lines of a discount on another 3DS title. . . will this be like the LA Noire deal with a GC and a game discount? Or are you staying super tight lipped on this one and can't say anything yet?[/QUOTE]
I am going to build out the schedule of titles that have offers tonight. Not reveal them, but confirm activity.

Well since I don't feel like bugging you over email and you seem pretty active ATM Josh I've got a question for you.

Few months back you had talked about doing a focus group esque event over the internet. Signed up for that but never really heard anything else. Is that still going down or is that long over?

[quote name='Phenomic']Well since I don't feel like bugging you over email and you seem pretty active ATM Josh I've got a question for you.

Few months back you had talked about doing a focus group esque event over the internet. Signed up for that but never really heard anything else. Is that still going down or is that long over?[/QUOTE]
It is over but the beginning fruits of that conversation launches in two weeks!

[quote name='Vigilante']So Josh, can we assume that when you reveal the June deals, it'll be time for Kmartgamer 6.0? It would be pretty comical if you simultaneously announced the deals and closed the thread:

"OK, here are the June dealstimefornewthreaddiscussthemtherethreadclosed." :p[/QUOTE]
I was unknowingly about to do something similar to this......thx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back