SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trance Addix']Josh out of curiosity: How good is operations and resolving the issues with stores that are completely oblivious to the deals you post. Does negligence get rectified quickly?[/QUOTE]
I work with some great guys but it really all depends upon the stores dedication. There really are some great stores out there.

We had a great meeting today to go over everything about LA Noire and the issues and there things I can do as well to make things easier on the stores that I will being working on.

The best way to help though is to take the time to email me so I can continue to build up data points.

[quote name='alex12353']Any plans for Mortal Kombat, MvC3, or Portal 2 to be $40 soon?[/QUOTE]
Probably Junes since just hit MK a couple of weeks ago.

Bummed out, tried to get in on my first K-Mart deal and the store on 8th street and Broadway was sold out of L.A. Noire for both systems.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I work with some great guys but it really all depends upon the stores dedication. There really are some great stores out there.

We had a great meeting today to go over everything about LA Noire and the issues and there things I can do as well to make things easier on the stores that I will being working on.

The best way to help though is to take the time to email me so I can continue to build up data points.[/QUOTE]

After this weekend I expected you to have more than enough data points :p Pulled a crazy all-nighter.

Earlier in this thread, someone was discussing the packaging of games shipped to Kmart with your wife and how to streamline it to make it easier for unpacking. Any new info on that?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Without giving any proprietary info away let's just say that if a deal needs to be in ad it needs two month lead time, not saying that is the way it is but either way, a good amount of time.

Our deals are usually finalized within tWo weeks of launch which allows me to consistently evaluate the market and get as much data from my publishers as possible. Flexibility is king.

This is also why I put the logo for Kmartgamer in the ad as clear as possible and explicitly call out "exclusive in store offers"[/QUOTE]

I see. What about in-store merch signs? I know my K-Mart always has the sale tags out or stickers on the case mentioning a deal. Is there any way to send minimal signage out to every store (or have them print it out directly) as part of the ad set since those could be printed much later? That way when the ad mentions the blog and says that there are exclusive in-store deals, there would be something there to validate it.

Sorry for asking about this so much. I used to have to set the media ad at Best Buy when I worked there and it seems that there could be something done in that area to make your job as well as the customer experience a whole lot easier.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I see. What about in-store merch signs? I know my K-Mart always has the sale tags out or stickers on the case mentioning a deal. Is there any way to send minimal signage out to every store (or have them print it out directly) as part of the ad set since those could be printed much later? That way when the ad mentions the blog and says that there are exclusive in-store deals, there would be something there to validate it.

Sorry for asking about this so much. I used to have to set the media ad at Best Buy when I worked there and it seems that there could be something done in that area to make your job as well as the customer experience a whole lot easier.[/QUOTE]
I love this to be honest, I have struggled getting it approved. No bother at all BTW, your suggestions are fantastic.

[quote name='Trance Addix']After this weekend I expected you to have more than enough data points :p Pulled a crazy all-nighter.

Earlier in this thread, someone was discussing the packaging of games shipped to Kmart with your wife and how to streamline it to make it easier for unpacking. Any new info on that?[/QUOTE]
Not yet, no, but we are evaluating our logistics to see if this may be possible.

[quote name='chriscolbert']While it would be nice for them to have more, K-Mart doesn't have the budget to have the stock levels of a Best Buy or Wal-Mart. Plus, you waited until Friday. Maybe the word has gotten out that K-Mart kicks every other B&M's ass when it comes to deals and that's why they were out and Best Buy had tons. I'm not saying you don't have a point to a degree, but if you were finally going to give them a chance then waiting until the fourth day of availability on what is arguably their best deal yet is what did you in.[/QUOTE]

what probably happened is the game either never got stocked on tuesday and was sitting in the back in a box for days. OR if somehow Kmart actually managed to stock a game on day 1 of release. That they just never bothered to restock it from more copies they had in the back.

Happens ALL the time with kmart and games.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Come back!!!![/QUOTE]

I've graduated college and move on to a job in Information Technology. If Kmart could beat what I make at my current job, I would. Unfortunately, they can't. I left my replacement in good hands, and some of the people I worked with are still there. They still do a good job, and my former store is one of the better ones out there. They knew about this deal before I even asked.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I love this to be honest, I have struggled getting it approved. No bother at all BTW, your suggestions are fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of suggestions, is Kmart planning on stepping up their position in game sales?

When I left about a year ago, they were just starting the SYWR program, and didn't have much in the way of release week deals on new games. They had also just started to carry PC games in stores other than Super Kmarts.

One thing I noticed, and have mentioned on here before, was the lack of keeping older games at pricing of competitors. Sure, when they have clearance sales, the deals can be great, but a lot of times, I see some titles that were overlooked, and left to "go stale", (not sell much do to higher prices than competition, and finally come down in price when the game is no longer desired).

I also noticed a large section of music CDs which never seem to sell, taking up easily an entire aisle. Those two rows could easily be converted to a larger selection of games. My idea, when I was there was to carry a few copies of each game, with a healthy backstock of titles. Also, to place a card with the title and UPC on it to better manage inventory. The shelves would be redone as tiered, for more storage space. Also, to update the registers, so games and other items could be searched by title. And finally, the ability to order an out of stock title for a customer, to be delivered either to the store, or the customer's home. I mentioned this idea when I was working there, but it was turned down due to the economy being bad. I figured I'd mention it to you.

One last thing I'd do is a center quad with a gaming kiosk for each system facing each direction. (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and Nintendo 3DS). The quad would be space saving, and asuning the demo disks were kept up to date, could really pay off for customers on te fence about a purchase. This was one of the biggest gripes I got from customers when I worked there: no ability to "try before they buy".

Hope my advice helps. I'd love for Kmart to knock Gamestop off that pedestal they have. EA games may do it with the Online Pass system cutting into their used game sales. Eventually, I think digital copies of games may ultimately do them in, the way mp3s did in physical music CDs.

Someone mentioned a PS3 deal coming in early june, any word on when that deal will be revealed? ALong with all the June deals, lots of good stuff coming out.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Someone mentioned a PS3 deal coming in early june, any word on when that deal will be revealed? ALong with all the June deals, lots of good stuff coming out.[/QUOTE]

Probably the new console and game bundle package, or a price drop on popular titles like LBP2 would be my guess.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Wondering what the Infamous 2 deal is going to be. Amazon doesn't have a credit for it yet but they've got a bunch of pre order DLC.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd take a free bargain game and a $20 gaming coupon over some crappy DLC any day.

[quote name='preston181']Personally, I'd take a free bargain game and a $20 gaming coupon over some crappy DLC any day.[/QUOTE]
Me too personally, except that crappy DLC always sells pretty well, and last Josh said anything about it there werent plans for a $20 coupon.

[quote name='berzirk']Good bye Best Buy. Now to blow my BB giftcards on something, and finally be done with them.[/QUOTE]

I finally managed this myself a few weeks ago. There really isn't anything that I would consider BBuy to be my first source for any longer.

Going on vacation the week after next. As part of the prep, I checked to see where the nearest KMart is. Never would have thought last year that I'd be doing that.

He was talking about $15 coupon and free Infamous 1, but since the first one is now on Sony's welcome back package he mentioned on his Facebook that he is working on an alternate plan.

Today I got L.A. Noire and Fire Emblem with no problems. FYI there was no $10 discount for spending $50, so that deal is probably not universal.

[quote name='chriscolbert']While it would be nice for them to have more, K-Mart doesn't have the budget to have the stock levels of a Best Buy or Wal-Mart. Plus, you waited until Friday. Maybe the word has gotten out that K-Mart kicks every other B&M's ass when it comes to deals and that's why they were out and Best Buy had tons. I'm not saying you don't have a point to a degree, but if you were finally going to give them a chance then waiting until the fourth day of availability on what is arguably their best deal yet is what did you in.[/QUOTE]

I previously posted about the Seattle store being out of L.A. Noire on Wednesday. As a result, I had to use my coupons on PSN cards, which probably doesn't work out so well for Kmart.

Josh has set up some fabulous deals, and I'd love to take advantage of other ones in the future, but if I have to get to the store on release day, that'll make me less likely to shop there.

I give up. I'v e read about 10 of the last pages & the entire first page & still can't find a list of the $19.99 & under games. Yet people are mentioning them like there is a list somewhere.

Would someone please post a link with these games mentioned? I'd really appreciate it.

[quote name='ZCG']I give up. I'v e read about 10 of the last pages & the entire first page & still can't find a list of the $19.99 & under games. Yet people are mentioning them like there is a list somewhere.

Would someone please post a link with these games mentioned? I'd really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
From the first page (then again, you've already read the first page, so you must have seen this):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8289142&postcount=6

Edit: Damnit, beat....

Hey Josh, I just went on the Kmart website and the main page lists Call of Duty MW3 available for pre-order now (available November 8). Are pre-orders something you are trying to have in place before the holiday season or will it be limited to certain high profile games?

Went in planning to get L.A. Noire, but I ultimately decided to go with The Witcher 2. Coupon printed fine, though there was no advertising anywhere in the store saying that there was a coupon or anything. I don't know if there were supposed to be signs or not. Anyway, the $15 coupon is going to chip away at my Duke Nukem purchase next month, so hopefully Kmart has something good planned.

Hey Josh, can you release the deals for Alice: Madness Returns, Shadows of the DAMNED, and inFAMOUS 2 yet? They're all less than a month from release and I know you've had the deals for the first two for awhile now (dunno about infamous). Don't mean to be impaitent, but Alice of SotD are just two games I'm really looking forward to. I just canceled my order of Alice for $45 off Amazon in preperation of the Kmart deal.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Hey Josh, can you release the deals for Alice: Madness Returns, Shadows of the DAMNED, and inFAMOUS 2 yet? They're all less than a month from release and I know you've had the deals for the first two for awhile now (dunno about infamous). Don't mean to be impaitent, but Alice of SotD are just two games I'm really looking forward to. I just canceled my order of Alice for $45 off Amazon in preperation of the Kmart deal.[/QUOTE]
I totally understand the request, kind of a double edged sword for me now and releasing deals in advance. As you are probably aware, I/we are being watched......

Is there anyway of checking a store's stock in advance? Thinking of trying the other K-Mart in Manhattan tomorrow for L.A. Noire, but don't want to make the effort if they are out of it too.

[quote name='Gerry P.']Today I got L.A. Noire and Fire Emblem with no problems. FYI there was no $10 discount for spending $50, so that deal is probably not universal.[/QUOTE]
I can also confirm this.

In other news, I referred a friend and his two sons to Kmart for the L.A. Noire deal. They wanted L.A. Noire, and I was like, "I know just the place." (leads them to a dark alley)

Agreed. Was just coming on to ask if Josh can toss out an emergency WWE All Stars deal so we can celebrate the life of Macho Man one last time. Considering this game was the closest we'll ever get to a Macho Man return in the WWE, I'd love to see a nice deal on it.

What do ya say, Josh? Maybe even a one day MACHO MADNESS sale?
MACHO MADNESS MONDAY! One day massive sale on WWE All Stars!
I think it sounds like a winner...

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Agreed. Was just coming on to ask if Josh can toss out an emergency WWE All Stars deal so we can celebrate the life of Macho Man one last time. Considering this game was the closest we'll ever get to a Macho Man return in the WWE, I'd love to see a nice deal on it.

What do ya say, Josh? Maybe even a one day MACHO MADNESS sale?
MACHO MADNESS MONDAY! One day massive sale on WWE All Stars!
I think it sounds like a winner...[/QUOTE]

Yeah no doubt I WILL buy this game just so I can live some memories of one of the greatest sports entertainers ever.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Hey Josh, can you release the deals for Alice: Madness Returns, Shadows of the DAMNED, and inFAMOUS 2 yet? They're all less than a month from release and I know you've had the deals for the first two for awhile now (dunno about infamous). Don't mean to be impaitent, but Alice of SotD are just two games I'm really looking forward to. I just canceled my order of Alice for $45 off Amazon in preperation of the Kmart deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm still holding off on ordering Alice from Amazon myself in hoping that Kmart will have a good deal where I can use my LA:Noire coupon.

My hope is that eventually Kmart starts being able to do pre-orders, and instead of getting coupons, you just get $20/whatever value that gets placed down on a pre-order for a certain game within a 45 day window.

Come and pick up the game, and if it has a deal, you use that promo towards another thing, etc.

Of course not everyone wants to use the coupon value on new releases - that's where a "kmartgamercard" would come in to store promos/act as a loyalty card spinoff of the SYWR..

Just thoughts for far in the future. I know most of us save the coupons for upcoming releases anyways, so being able to just keep that $20 discount perpetually rolling is what the coupons get used for anyway.

[quote name='stripwhite']I'm still holding off on ordering Alice from Amazon myself in hoping that Kmart will have a good deal where I can use my LA:Noire coupon.[/QUOTE]
We will definitely have a good deal on Alice, EA and I have been talking about it all week.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We will definitely have a good deal on Alice, EA and I have been talking about it all week.[/QUOTE]

I locked in my Amazon preorder at $44.99, but I used no promos on it, so Josh, if you can beat that price, then by all means, you are the man.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am almost caught up, roughly 30 left. Thank you for everyone's patience.[/QUOTE]

OMG, Cutie! Do you ever rest? :whee:

...I can't talk...I have the sleeping schedule of insanity!

Email update: Everyone who has contacted me as of this message has been followed up with. If you have not received a message from me please resend as I have not received it. Thanks!

Picked up L.A. Noire (360) on Thursday and got the store's last copy of White Knight Chronicles (PS3) for free. I hope White Knight doesn't suck. I'm going to get something on Sunday with the $20 off coupon.

Just read about Maco Man Randy Savage.
He was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up.
....RIP brother.

On a side note, damn Josh! up til' sunrise responding to emails?
Why even have CAG awards for certain categories next year?
Josh already locked in the award IMHO.

[quote name='stripwhite']I'm still holding off on ordering Alice from Amazon myself in hoping that Kmart will have a good deal where I can use my LA:Noire coupon.[/QUOTE]

Just do what I did: preorder from Amazon and wait until Josh announces the deal. I'm sure it will be as good or better and then I can just cancel the Amazon order. I did it while the price was that low in case it was a one day thing and knowing they may add a credit to it later. But as I said, you can always cancel it.

This deal was too good to pass up. Picked up LAN and received the coupon and Resonance of Fate.

How much did I pay? Not 60 + tax... But $54.43 after tax! John in videogames is awesome. Josh he deserves a raise for keeping himself informed and for the stuff he puts up with from coworkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back