SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
has josh said anything on whether or not we'd get $20 off two psn/xbla cards if we get both mk and portal 2? or 2 of each? i havent seen anythin said about that

edit: oh and if not, would we get a coupon for a $60 purchase and a $120? or does the 15/45 split make it so we cant?

Are there any limits on the amount of coupons I can get via the $15+$45 coupons that start i think on 4/17? I know the limit is usually two, but considering this lasts for a month perhaps we could use it multiple times since there are a few different games coming out in that time span.

Also, is there any way we could get that $20 psn card for $10 deal for Socom 4 as well, just to help get over the $120 mark?

Josh has suggested that he'll have to cap this offer at only earning the full $60 in coupons once per customer (specifically, SYWR account).

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So it's cool to come in here and say Amazon has better deals but it's not okay to go to Gamestop and say K-Mart has better deals? Cool, gotcha.[/QUOTE]
If that's all you got out of my post, then you're part of the problem.

Picked up Homefront today, but will not be going back to Kmart after that. The employees there are just idiots (the store near me at least) and have no customer service what so ever. In fact, if another store hits this price I will buy it again and bring back the unopened copy to Kmart.

I appreciate what the guys who run this thread are trying to do, but if the employees have to act like getting a game from behind the glass is a huge hassle, then Kmart gets no more of my $.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']If that's all you got out of my post, then you're part of the problem.[/QUOTE]

The problem being what, exactly? Hypocrisy? People going on about things with little to any relevance to KMart deals? Laying into one another's posts of experiences while shopping because someone feels hurt that someone else named a competitor as superior or inferior? Or are you just trying to provoke him while being intentionally vague? Whatever the intention of this quote, it's coming off like the latter.

(This paragraph is not meant to be directed at any individual.) Conversation about KMart's position among other game retailers is relevant to this thread. Glimpses of conversations IRL that cast light on public opinion or awareness of KMart, also relevant. People throwing venom at one another with regard to retailer choice, not so much.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']so it's cool to come in here and say amazon has better deals but it's not okay to go to gamestop and say k-mart has better deals? Cool, gotcha.[/quote]

:3

Is it too late now to price adjustment for homefront? I got it on release day and I know I have the 20 psn card but I'm just wondering if I can double dip on this game? I don't need your sarcastic answer, so if you have one, just keep it to your self. TIA

if i buy mortal kombat ps3 + mortal kombat 360 + $20 psn card

will I still get the $60 coupon? Or will it not work because I bought 2 of the same game but on a different console?

before any1 ask, friend have 360, i have ps3. Doing this save more money than buying separately.

So for the Homefront $39.99 deal would the people who bought it like 3 weeks ago be able to price match it? Paid $60 for it and my store was out of XBL cards and still waiting for that to get mailed out to me.

[quote name='mdvayne1982']So for the Homefront $39.99 deal would the people who bought it like 3 weeks ago be able to price match it? Paid $60 for it and my store was out of XBL cards and still waiting for that to get mailed out to me.[/QUOTE]
No. Christ almighty.

My bad, should have realized I have to go through 68 pages of posts before posting. Not trying to be an ass, just asking a question.

Should I buy PS3 version of Homefront for $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
and use $20 gaming coupon or wait and use the coupon for something else?

(My gaming coupon expires 05.14.11)

Any suggestions???!!!

I'd say rent it unless you plan on playing online. Campaign online takes like 3-4 hours max. If you plan on playing online then I'd say use the gaming coupon on it.

[quote name='mdvayne1982']My bad, should have realized I have to go through 68 pages of posts before posting. Not trying to be an ass, just asking a question.[/QUOTE]

While his response may not have been nice, your question was kinda silly. You are still getting a $10 GC because they didn't have the 1600 point card and you got 10,000 points. So you really only paid $40 for it if you look at it that your next game is $40, so $80 for two games. To price match it would mean giving back what you got the first time.

[quote name='Chadwilly']Should I buy PS3 version of Homefront for $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)

Any suggestions???!!![/QUOTE]

I personally didn't think the reviews were very positive on it. I'd say wait unless you're absolutely dying for a new call of duty style game. Maybe wait until friday or saturday and see how you feel about it to avoid the impulse buy.

And last word on the GS story. I did not simply walk into the store intending to provoke the employees. I was asked a question and gave a reasonable answer. I did not laugh in their face. I did not make the employee miserable. Can we just drop it, gamestop defenders? Probably not, but it's worth asking.

Wait a minute, I can get Portal 2, Dissidia 012, Patapon 3, and a $20 PSN card and get back $70 in savings? :whee: Seems too good to be true. Just wanna confirm before I cancel my preorder with Amazon.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']has josh said anything on whether or not we'd get $20 off two psn/xbla cards if we get both mk and portal 2? or 2 of each? i havent seen anythin said about that

edit: oh and if not, would we get a coupon for a $60 purchase and a $120? or does the 15/45 split make it so we cant?[/QUOTE]
Still waiting for a response from IT; will update as soon as I hear.

[quote name='DPsycho']The problem being what, exactly? Hypocrisy? People going on about things with little to any relevance to KMart deals? Laying into one another's posts of experiences while shopping because someone feels hurt that someone else named a competitor as superior or inferior? Or are you just trying to provoke him while being intentionally vague? Whatever the intention of this quote, it's coming off like the latter.

(This paragraph is not meant to be directed at any individual.) Conversation about KMart's position among other game retailers is relevant to this thread. Glimpses of conversations IRL that cast light on public opinion or awareness of KMart, also relevant. People throwing venom at one another with regard to retailer choice, not so much.[/QUOTE]
Good post.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Still waiting for a response from IT; will update as soon as I hear.[/QUOTE]
Hoping that it will be nice to get the $60 coupon w/o buying any cards. Speaking of which, I did ask you a question via FB yesterday about it. Any answer?

[quote name='Chadwilly']Should I buy PS3 version of Homefront for $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)

Any suggestions???!!![/QUOTE]

Avoid that game...

I loved it for the first few days before shit hit the fan w/ that game.

Can't connect to friends in the game, party lobby splits most of the time as soon as you try to connect to a match, hell connecting to a match is damn near impossible MOST of the time. MP has caused my ps3 to freeze up countless times and worst of all, every time a match ends, you'll be holding your breath and praying that your system didn't freeze or get disconnected!!

Wait for a deal on crysis 2........Josh will hook us up before that coupon should expire.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Good post.[/QUOTE]

Hey Josh,
I haven't heard back from you about an email I sent a week ago so I'm gonna re-send it. I don't think it made it through to you bud.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh,
I haven't heard back from you about an email I sent a week ago so I'm gonna re-send it. I don't think it made it through to you bud.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure! I know either Jim and I emailed you back, how frustrating.

[quote name='mrgamer']didn't see this game on sale posted, saw it yesterday at kmart:

Test Drive Unlimited 2 PS3/XBOX 360 $39.99[/QUOTE]

Yep, Kmart is going to have Test Drive 2 at $39.99 for a few weeks.

Josh, I went to the store in New Hartford, NY on Saturday to pick up WWE All Stars since I would've been getting a $10 coupon, $15 off my next WWE purchase, and 5,000 SYWR points. I couldn't get the game because the employees could not find the keys to open the case. Is there anything you can do so I can receive all those coupons? I completely understand if your hands are tied.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Josh, I went to the store in New Hartford, NY on Saturday to pick up WWE All Stars since I would've been getting a $10 coupon, $15 off my next WWE purchase, and 5,000 SYWR points. I couldn't get the game because the employees could not find the keys to open the case. Is there anything you can do so I can receive all those coupons? I completely understand if your hands are tied.[/QUOTE]
Anytime there is an associate error like that I can help out; please email [email protected] and he'll be happy to assist.

Hey Josh..

Did you guys already have those online Focus Groups? Or is that still in the works. I signed up for it and it said something to the effect that I was in the category of people they were looking for and I might receive a call asking to participate etc etc.

Past that though I don't remember hearing much else about it. If so how did those go?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Are you sure! I know either Jim and I emailed you back, how frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I even checked my spam folder.
Not a problem, I resent the email to you earlier this morning.

[quote name='jkircos']Any coupons for next week? And is shift 2 and dragon age 2 the only games on sale?[/QUOTE]

There are some on the new Kinect games coming out...Michael Jackson, Carnival Games, and Fanatastic Pets. I think it's $10 coupon.

I also know there will be a couple of other games on sale next week, not as high profile as dragon age or shift but still a couple of decent deals. I'll let Josh spill the beans on them though.

I think this has been asked before but there was no answer, probably get lose somewhere in the 69 pages. I realize for some reason kmart didn't get any new release on pc during the month of March. Is Kmart going to stock the higher profile pc games like portal 2 and etc in the month of April and May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPVietBoy
has josh said anything on whether or not we'd get $20 off two psn/xbla cards if we get both mk and portal 2? or 2 of each? i havent seen anythin said about that

edit: oh and if not, would we get a coupon for a $60 purchase and a $120? or does the 15/45 split make it so we cant?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Still waiting for a response from IT; will update as soon as I hear.[/QUOTE]

Oh, please please please.... Crossing my fingers.. please! that is exactly what I wanted to get.. I just spent a grip of my points this last week w/ the deals on xbox..

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']There are some on the new Kinect games coming out...Michael Jackson, Carnival Games, and Fanatastic Pets. I think it's $10 coupon.

I also know there will be a couple of other games on sale next week, not as high profile as dragon age or shift but still a couple of decent deals. I'll let Josh spill the beans on them though.[/QUOTE]

I hate your PSN id!!!

You know that guy is an Astro killer.

Because I am deeply offended, I will boycott Kmart until you change your PSN id to pujolssucks(even though he'll go down as the greatest hitter of all time).

Coming Soon:

4-17 Offer - Buy $40 of gaming software receive $15 gaming coupon. Buy $120 of gaming software receive a $15 + $45 gaming coupon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure this has been asked before. If I buy two $60 games i'll get back a $15+$45 coupons for a total of $60? :bouncy:

[quote name='Rodster']Coming Soon:

4-17 Offer - Buy $40 of gaming software receive $15 gaming coupon. Buy $120 of gaming software receive a $15 + $45 gaming coupon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure this has been asked before. If I buy two $60 games i'll get back a $15+$45 coupons for a total of $60? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No. You need to pass the $120 mark pre-tax in order to get the coupons. Two $60 games results in 119.98 so you would need to buy another game or an xbox live points card or psn card in order to get the coupons

[quote name='Rodster']Coming Soon:

I'm sure this has been asked before. If I buy two $60 games i'll get back a $15+$45 coupons for a total of $60? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

At this point you gotta buy 2 games + something else... games are 59.99 each and it will leave you 2 pennies short of getting the additional $40 coupon.

[quote name='aznhero913']At this point you gotta buy 2 games + something else... games are 59.99 each and it will leave you 2 pennies short of getting the additional $40 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Great, they copied the Amazon.com business model urrrrrrrrgh. :lol:

[quote name='aznhero913']Avoid that game...

I loved it for the first few days before shit hit the fan w/ that game.

Can't connect to friends in the game, party lobby splits most of the time as soon as you try to connect to a match, hell connecting to a match is damn near impossible MOST of the time. MP has caused my ps3 to freeze up countless times and worst of all, every time a match ends, you'll be holding your breath and praying that your system didn't freeze or get disconnected!!

Wait for a deal on crysis 2........Josh will hook us up before that coupon should expire.[/QUOTE]

I'm facing a huge dilemma here. I've been looking forward to Homefront since the first teaser trailer hit the Internet but now every one is saying it sucks. I could get it for about $22 after my SYWR points, but everything is telling me to stay away.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm facing a huge dilemma here. I've been looking forward to Homefront since the first teaser trailer hit the Internet but now every one is saying it sucks. I could get it for about $22 after my SYWR points, but everything is telling me to stay away.[/QUOTE]

Look, the story is extremely enticing!! They really had a great story in the campaign.

Graphics are absolutely atrocious, MP is the worst I have ever seen since the beginning when I started xbox live in 2002.
Just rent it or borrow it from somebody and get it out of your system. Do not buy this thing. As soon as trade in value goes $35+ on Amazon, this is getting shipped outta my house.
I know I know, BC2 was a nightmare the first month too. The difference here is the developers were actually discussing the problems on their BC2 thread and systematically fixing things. THQ is telling people to look at the forum when calling tech/cust. support.

I was thinking about getting Red Faction but the hell w/ that. I don't trust THQ w/ multiplayer.

They had an oppertunity to slay COD but I guess the response after the teaser led them to become arrogant and say, "fuck it, we're gonna make money off this so let's move on to the next project"

Homefront = fail of the year.

Homefront MP is not horrible. And it's nothing like MAG.

Only problem with MP are server issues, which are now finally being addressed. Now is a good time to grab the game, if you want a really good MP game.

Single player is decent. Nothing fantastic. Some great, memorable, shocking moments though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back