SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yruluis']Sorry but can someone please answer this. I just went to kmart to get medal of honor and crysis 2. The rung-up as 29.99 and 59.99 respectively. Do the prices show up after total is hit and do you have to show them your SYWR card?[/QUOTE]

Sale prices ended on Saturday.

[quote name='Gabrius']Sale prices ended on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Those prices are valid this week. They should ring up that way regardless of whether or not you are a SYWR member.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Those prices are valid this week. They should ring up that way regardless of whether or not you are a SYWR member.[/QUOTE]

So those prices show up after total is hit? They told me that I'd have to bring in the ad that shows the 19.99 and 39.99 prices. Do they accept CAG ads, as in the prices shown on this thread?

[quote name='yruluis']So those prices show up after total is hit? They told me that I'd have to bring in the ad that shows the 19.99 and 39.99 prices. Do they accept CAG ads, as in the prices shown on this thread?[/QUOTE]

The prices are on page 4 of the print ad. Kmart should have them at the customer service desk. My local store always has one at the electronics counter.

EDIT: I just realized you're in NY. If it's NYC, circular prices aren't effective there according to the OP.

[quote name='salty tbone']The prices are on page 4 of the print ad. Kmart should have them at the customer service desk. My local store always has one at the electronics counter.

EDIT: I just realized you're in NY. If it's NYC, circular prices aren't effective there according to the OP.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the bronx if that matters.

Enjoying the ass out of WWE All Stars. If you liked the pre-Smackdown THQ days you should enjoy. =D

Glad I picked it up while on sale!

[quote name='yruluis']I'm in the bronx if that matters.[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the Co-op City Kmart, they usually don't participate with circular sales. The last time I got a sale item there was for a $30 Castlevania.

It's best you head over to another store either further north or in Jersey.

I can confirm that I used to two sets of coupons (two each of $15 and $45) today. Both sets rang up just fine on two separate transactions (at two different stores, if it matters).

[quote name='postureking']I can confirm that I used to two sets of coupons (two each of $15 and $45) today. Both sets rang up just fine on two separate transactions (at two different stores, if it matters).[/QUOTE]

Damn, I knew I should have risked it, ah well.

[quote name='rebelmusic']Damn, I knew I should have risked it, ah well.[/QUOTE]

You know, I wonder if the prevalence of multiple-coupon usage is going to sink the prospect of more deals like this in the future. As Josh stated repeatedly, this was a test promotion. It seems like all the glitches and loopholes will discourage similar deals in the future.

It also makes me wonder if the "limit 2" coupon offers we've seen in the past couple of weeks were actually correctly programmed to be limit 2.

[quote name='adamical']You know, I wonder if the prevalence of multiple-coupon usage is going to sink the prospect of more deals like this in the future. As Josh stated repeatedly, this was a test promotion. It seems like all the glitches and loopholes will discourage similar deals in the future.

It also makes me wonder if the "limit 2" coupon offers we've seen in the past couple of weeks were actually correctly programmed to be limit 2.[/QUOTE]

This wasn't a "glitch" or a "loophole" - it was expressly stated in the terms of the promotion RIGHT ON THE COUPONS that there was a transactional limit.

Nobody was taking advantage of anything - had my coupons said limit one of each offer per customer, or anything remotely close (which they did not), I would've stopped at one of each.

All four of my gamer coupons had unique sku's, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they were all unique.

About the TW PGA 2012 The Masters sale, I'd assume that is $20 off the PS360 versions only, or is the Wii version on sale for $40 also?

[quote name='Gabrius']This wasn't a "glitch" or a "loophole" - it was expressly stated in the terms of the promotion RIGHT ON THE COUPONS that there was a transactional limit.

Nobody was taking advantage of anything - had my coupons said limit one of each offer per customer, or anything remotely close (which they did not), I would've stopped at one of each.

All four of my gamer coupons had unique sku's, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they were all unique.[/QUOTE]

From the OP:

April 17th through the 23rd:

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Buy $40 worth of gaming software, get a $15 gaming coupon
Buy $120 or more of gaming software, get $60 in gaming coupons

Notes for coupon offer:

• Buy $40 to $119.99 of gaming software and get a $15 coupon
  • Buy $120 or more of gaming software and get a $15 and a $45 gaming coupon.
  • Limit $60 of coupons per transaction.
  • Not a B2G1 event, will keep refining the promotion to make it repeatable and more compelling
  • Purchase requirement includes regular, sale and/or clearance-priced items and must be made in a single transaction.
  • Gaming coupons redeemable 4/24/11 to 5/21/11.
  • Offer excludes Just Dance Kids Wii game.
  • $20 PSN or XBLA cards count towards this promotion $50 cards do not
  • Using SYWR points, gift cards, or gaming coupons do not decrement the total towards the coupon trigger amounts
  • Sale priced items count as their sale price towards the coupon triggers (i.e. Crysis 2 for $39.99 counts as $39.99 not $59.99)
  • The coupons print based on the pre-tax total, purchasing two $59.99 games will not trigger the $60 coupon
  • Purchasing Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat and a $20 PSN or XBLA card will trigger a save $10 (helps towards $120 trigger). You can receive a discounted card for Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat each in the same transaction. Wii points cards are not included.
  • You must be a shop your way reward member to receive the coupons, signage has been updated in-store
  • Limit of $60 of gaming coupons per member
Notice that last bullet point that said limit of $60 per member? That's what I was referring to. Clearly, the wires got crossed somewhere and the promotion that was programmed into the system was much more lenient, despite the original intent. I don't think characterizing a situation where customers were able to get more out of a deal than intended as a "glitch or loophole" is inaccurate.

I'm not trying to tar you or anyone as morally reprehensible for taking advantage. I just wonder if this will impact future promotions of this nature.

I also wonder if the "limit 2 per member" promotions are functioning as desired. It seems to me if they're unable to limit this deal to 1 per customer, they wouldn't be able to limit others to 2 per customer.

[quote name='adamical']From the OP:

Notice that last bullet point that said limit of $60 per member? That's what I was referring to. Clearly, the wires got crossed somewhere and the promotion that was programmed into the system was much more lenient, despite the original intent. I don't think characterizing a situation where customers were able to get more out of a deal than intended as a "glitch or loophole" is inaccurate.

I'm not trying to tar you or anyone as morally reprehensible for taking advantage. I just wonder if this will impact future promotions of this nature.

I also wonder if the "limit 2 per member" promotions are functioning as desired. It seems to me if they're unable to limit this deal to 1 per customer, they wouldn't be able to limit others to 2 per customer.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok, I see where the confusion is now. Here is a c&p of the actual coupon:

| KMART SAVINGS COUPON |

| SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDS MEMBERS ONLY |

| VALID 04.24.11 THRU 05.21.11 |

$45 OFF

GAMING PURCHASE

*GAMING COUPONS CAN BE COMBINED *

* WITH OTHER GAMING COUPONS. *

*THIS IS A SINGLE-USE COUPON AND*

* CANNOT BE REDEEMED MORE *

* THAN ONE TIME. *

COUPON MUST BE SCANNED AFTER HITTING TOTAL

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OFFER ID 451

(limit 1 of this OFFER ID

redeemable per transaction)

$45 off regular, sale or clearance priced gaming
purchase in-store of $45 or more (before taxes and
after other discounts have been applied) in a single
transaction. Coupon can be used with other gaming
coupons in the same transaction. Savings for
combined coupons cannot exceed pre-tax gaming
purchase. Not valid on Buy One, Get One events; non-
merchandise; federal or state regulated items; prior
purchases; if acquired from a non Sears Holdings-
approved channel; if reproduced; and/or, where
prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud.
Coupon value applied and pro-rated across all
qualifying items; including qualifying items
purchased in addition to the minimum requirements or
limits and will be deducted from any refund. Cash
value 1/20 of a cent. Valid at all Kmart store
locations.
Associate: scan, collect and turn in to cash office.
DO NOT SEND TO CLEARING HOUSE

[quote name='adamical']You know, I wonder if the prevalence of multiple-coupon usage is going to sink the prospect of more deals like this in the future. As Josh stated repeatedly, this was a test promotion. It seems like all the glitches and loopholes will discourage similar deals in the future.

It also makes me wonder if the "limit 2" coupon offers we've seen in the past couple of weeks were actually correctly programmed to be limit 2.[/QUOTE]

For some crazy reason I don't think Josh is all that bothered by people spending another $120+ in the store.

[quote name='unknown0']Hey Josh (or anyone that knows), will there be any promotion on MK9?

Also, Brink comes with a $20 coupon correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes brink has a $20 coupon when purchased.

Glitches and loopholes actually encourage usage with more limits. Since people were able to get two of each, there may have been something missing to actually limit the coupons to one per account, so now they can go back and revise whatever they'd need to revise.

Thing is, if it discouraged anything, we probably wouldn't have any coupons anymore. It's helped Kmart go from practically nowhere to making strides (in video game sales). People have constantly abused them, and the only thing that happens is that they change for the better.

Anyone know if Kmart is up to date on their pokemon tcg sets? There is no use in calling, since it would probably take forever to have the person figure out that the boosters are different than decks.

Used my coupons and most of the $25 SYWR credit tonight picking up the new Final Fantasy Dissidia for PSP and a couple of the Professor Layton games for DS. I do wish Kmart carried Final Fantasy IV complete for PSP as I would have loved to use the coupons on that.

silly question , Does Sears PM ? Since Local Sears is really close and my local Kmart is like in another state . Want to Pick up Joy Ride For the kids and want to use my SYWR credit to pick it up , thanks

[quote name='SeanTM22']Any news for Dirt 3? Hopefully Kmart will have the PC version on release[/QUOTE]

Very unlikely

[quote name='SeanTM22']Any news for Dirt 3? Hopefully Kmart will have the PC version on release[/QUOTE]

I am having a hard time finding the PC version anywhere except on Steam. Not listed at Amazon, Gamestop, or Best Buy. I highly doubt Kmart with have it for PC, even though I wish they did. I can't wait to pick up Brink and L.A. Noire on release soon.

I took the weekend and Monday off to be with the fam. Hopefully nothing went too awry. Or at least more than normal :)

[quote name='$hady']Enjoying the ass out of WWE All Stars. If you liked the pre-Smackdown THQ days you should enjoy. =D

Glad I picked it up while on sale![/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. I used my $60 in coupons to get it and a 1600 points card for $10.48.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']silly question , Does Sears PM ? Since Local Sears is really close and my local Kmart is like in another state . Want to Pick up Joy Ride For the kids and want to use my SYWR credit to pick it up , thanks[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's been said that eventually Sears will have the same deals, but that's probably still far away from happening.

[quote name='Interfeci']Any chance the OP could be updated with current (if any) offers?[/QUOTE]

That'd be noice. I already own all the sale games this week that I'm interested in.

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']Anyone know if Kmart is up to date on their pokemon tcg sets? There is no use in calling, since it would probably take forever to have the person figure out that the boosters are different than decks.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the store. One store near me always has updated magic sets (I am not up to date with pokemon but they look like the recent ones).

[quote name='Halo05']That'd be noice. I already own all the sale games this week that I'm interested in.[/QUOTE]
All the sales this week have been posted, thanks!

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Hey Josh hope you had a good Easter Weekend, not sure if you saw my message but i emailed you and hope you got it.[/QUOTE]
Hello! I have answered everyone up to Sat. at 12pm. I was off yesterday with the fam but will answer everyone today. Thanks!

[quote name='Rapid4ire']The prices are not valid in the NYC (Bronx).[/QUOTE]
They should honor the ad if it is brought in, but the pricing will not be automated.

[quote name='GBAstar']Josh,

I noticed in the weekly ad online it's advertising Aliens vs Predator as $14.99-$19.99 and shows the picture of the PS3 game. Do you know how much these will cost and for what system?

I haven't heard good things about the game but I'm an aliens fan and I own a sealed copy of the Hunter edition. I'd like to at least toy around with the game and I'm willing to do so if it is cheap enough.

thanks[/QUOTE]
To be honest, I do not know what they are getting this from. I need to follow up with them.

[quote name='Ace!']how about showing us the full LA NOIRE deal now?

No :) Take Two was already kind of miffed by our 20 coup. I need to play a little soft on this one from an announcement perspective.

Too early too tell, it all depends on the balance of the items sold, initial market basket data and then the return spend and make up of the basket.

I can say points hoarding would not be viewed as a positive thing, though I cannot fault anyone for doing it at all.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No :) Take Two was already kind of miffed by our 20 coup. I need to play a little soft on this one from an announcement perspective.[/QUOTE]

You can send me a message and I will not tell anyone :)

[quote name='spacegundam0079']silly question , Does Sears PM ? Since Local Sears is really close and my local Kmart is like in another state . Want to Pick up Joy Ride For the kids and want to use my SYWR credit to pick it up , thanks[/QUOTE]
Technically Sears not only price matches but prices matches plus 10 percent I believe. That is with the competition though. I am researching the policy for internal PMs.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Technically Sears not only price matches but prices matches plus 10 percent I believe. That is with the competition though. I am researching the policy for internal PMs.[/QUOTE]
Check that, confirmed, Sears technically does PM Kmart discounts, they do not layer in the additional ten percent though. If ever you run into any issue PMing a deal let me know.

That said, Sears does not have the same assortment, and gift card/coupon offers are not matched either.

I'll post the actual details in the OP.

I can't wait to see what the Portal 2 deal is for 5/1. I hope it's worth the wait because I Coupled Crysis 2 and a point card with MK instead for my $120 purchase last week since I knew josh was cooking up something.

I noticed James e-mail was taken off the customer comment/feedback section. I sent him an e-mail on the 22nd, does this mean I won't be getting a reply?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I can't wait to see what the Portal 2 deal is for 5/1. I hope it's worth the wait because I Coupled Crysis 2 and a point card with MK instead for my $120 purchase last week since I knew josh was cooking up something.

I noticed James e-mail was taken off the customer comment/feedback section. I sent him an e-mail on the 22nd, does this mean I won't be getting a reply?[/QUOTE]
Hint, it will be on my FB tomorrow, it is hot.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I can't wait to see what the Portal 2 deal is for 5/1. I hope it's worth the wait because I Coupled Crysis 2 and a point card with MK instead for my $120 purchase last week since I knew josh was cooking up something.

I noticed James e-mail was taken off the customer comment/feedback section. I sent him an e-mail on the 22nd, does this mean I won't be getting a reply?[/QUOTE]
In terms of Jim, he forwarded me everyone he was not able to get a hold of by Friday afternoon. I have since responded. If you have not heard from him, please send me the note as I will be getting back with everyone tonight.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They should honor the ad if it is brought in, but the pricing will not be automated.[/QUOTE]

I was unable to find the ad in-store nor on the kmartgamer blog. Is there any way of getting a refund of the price difference?

I used my gamer coupons to get crysis 2 @ 60. If I return it, will I get back the coupons or cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back