SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joshdts']So can we use the $15 WWE coupon towards another WWE game the following week? Or is that coupon only good on apparel, toys, etc?[/QUOTE]

coupon will work on anything WWE related, including games..

[quote name='gettinmoney662']What's good on the April offers?[/QUOTE]

check first page and follow the link to shc-gamers facebook page. josh has stated if he got enough likes on his facebook page he would revel the deals early for April

[quote name='Xellos2099']Can anyone confirm if I return something I purchase with reward point, they would return to my account immediately? And it come with a free item I need to return it too for full refund, correct?>[/QUOTE]

yes you would have to return everything to get full credit back as for the points, not sure anyone has posted there stories about getting there points back instantly but i kinda recalled someone saying they did. don't quote me on that though.. why not give it a try and see what happens ;)

[quote name='soul05']will kmart carry tiger woods 12 collectors edition? and if so, will it still be a 20 dollar coupon?[/QUOTE]

k-mart usually will carry ONLY a few CE's but yes coupons do work on CE'S as well. email stock boy to help you locate one or to ask if your store got any.

[quote name='Firecrest']I'm certainly hoping so, and I can't say that I'd be surprised if it was a facade since the employee I spoke to was the same kid from electronics who carelessly brushed me off by telling me that they never received Yakuza 4 when in fact Josh confirmed that they did get their shipments in.

Nonetheless, I'm not taking any chances and trying elsewhere for one just in case. In the likelihood that this kid is bluffing, something should be done, as he's costing the store money from lost revenue (in addition to making me look like a fool by wasting my time and money).[/QUOTE]

seriously you should email ad-monster with the store address, number, and name of that associate who keeps thinking his job is a joke. many times Josh and ad-monster (James) have help me get my store up to par with how it should be. so go ahead and blow the whistle on those damn lazy bastards! :D

[quote name='medetron']check first page and follow the link to shc-gamers facebook page. josh has stated if he got enough likes on his facebook page he would revel the deals early for April[/QUOTE]

I thought that was just for the 4/17 offers. Sides, it's almost April. What's he gonna do if he doesn't get enough likes? Not post the offers?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I thought that was just for the 4/17 offers. Sides, it's almost April. What's he gonna do if he doesn't get enough likes? Not post the offers?[/QUOTE]

its more of corporate trying to get him to push the facebook thing, but if nothing happens they should pop up in 2-3 weeks...

I rolled the dice today and went to a store that was about an hour away. I'm glad I did because I ended up getting the killzone 3 160gb ps3 bundle and the $50 gift card. Then I bought Crysis 2, 4000 point Xbox card and turtle beach headsets with the gc and $60 in sywr points. Only had to pay $10 or so out of pocket for the 3. Awesome deals Josh keep up the excellent work!!"

Blue 3ds pilot wings steel diver (only copy!?!)

Deal worked.

electronics lead he tested the $25 off this morning and
IT ONLY WORKS IF YOU BUY 1 GAME.

BUY 2ND GAME IN A SEPERATE TRANSACTION.
Your SYWR card should have $7 from buying the 3ds... Mine did anyway.

My Kmart claims they did not get a 3DS shipment (Dewitt, NY store). Glad I got there early for nothing. I guess I'm heading to Best Buy on my lunch break.

I just went to kmart to buy 2 3ds, amazingly they don't have Sf4! That's the game I was looking forward to.
So I bought pilotiwngs and ridge racer. I may try another one to see if I can do an even Exchange

kmart in for the win. Even though I had it preordered and paid for at gamestop. The kmart deal 25 beans was just to sweet.

The big problem I see is that the games cases look exactly like ds's. , There were 3ds games employees put in the 3ds cases because the only thing that seperated them was a 3.
We found ridge racer and madden blended in. So you have to look.

At first there wasn't a lot of 3ds stuff out but the mgr was nice enough to go to the back and he had plenty of 3ds. systems He sent an employee back to look for games he came back with soccer and some others the mgr went back and found street fighter.

THey had most games sims rayman soccer sf4 ghost recon.

One more weird note there were no seals on the boxes this time. Considering the dsxl was glued shut if you wanted to pop it open and look at the unit nothing was stopping you.

At the register the deal rang up as it was suppose to. Greenbelt MD. Oh and street fighter had a slip on 3d holograph over the case. Nice.

Went with my g/f this morning to pick hers up, was the only people there for one, she bought Pilotwings and Street Fighter, they had 4 of each of the colors.

Wow. Stuck out BIG time at Kmart this morning. Planned to get in on the 3DS deal. Got to the store right as they opened the doors, there was no one else in the parking lot. Went back to electronics, as I was walking into the department the employee was walking out. I looked in the case with all the systems as well as the one where they keep the special edition games and other larger packages. Nothing. No 3DS systems, no 3DS games on the shelf.

The guy came back, I asked him if they had the 3DS systems in. With a clueless look on his face he pointed me to the DSi XL systems in the case, and I said, "no, the 3DS that came out today". To that he replied "if it's not in the case we don't have it". At which point I just walked out. Guess I'll be getting one at Best Buy later today. Kmart just lost a 3DS sale from me because of employees who don't do their jobs. I've never even had a problem with this store until today. Very frustrating.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query about the 3DS offer + Employee Discount earlier. We decided to try it out, and yes, they combine perfectly fine. :)

And I'm back. Waited with a pair of guys out front for them to open the doors. A kid joined us just before and ran ahead to beat the rest of us (and then couldn't decide on game so we ended up going first anyway.)

3DSs and games were all in the case, had to wait five minutes for someone to respond to the button press. They didn't have BaM Universe, and when I asked about a game I didn't see there they kept assuming I was looking for "The Soccer Game" that they were aware they were missing. I don't think they believed me that Bust a Move was another launch title. Grabbed Street Fighter instead. (I did have time to look about the regular DS games for it, but didn't spot it misshelved either.)

Promotion and 3x base points all rang up correctly. Now to open my new system...

[quote name='medetron']
seriously you should email ad-monster with the store address, number, and name of that associate who keeps thinking his job is a joke. many times Josh and ad-monster (James) have help me get my store up to par with how it should be. so go ahead and blow the whistle on those damn lazy bastards! :D[/QUOTE]

I've already emailed Josh since he assisted me with a problem at that same store/associate before.

As it turns out, I'm relieved I didn't go there because I discovered the motherload of K-Marts (store #3954). It was about a 45min drive further than I needed to travel, but I'm glad I went the distance since the place was literally immaculate in comparison to our local shame of a store. If I could, I'd like to even send a few words of praise to SHC in regards to the knowledgeable associates and overall great condition this place was in. The electronics associate was a woman well in her 50's and she was even aware of the 3DS, its features, and the $25 off deal. And lo and behold, back in the discounted games area, I found Yakuza 3 (and Viewtiful Joe 2- woot). Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with how things went from sour to sweet.

[quote name='Kain']Thanks to everyone who responded to my query about the 3DS offer + Employee Discount earlier. We decided to try it out, and yes, they combine perfectly fine. :)[/QUOTE]

This was the icing on the cake right here. Yay, Sears perks! :D

I'd just like to share my frustrations with you about my experience over at the Dover, NJ kmart. It was an absolute joke. First of all, when I went back to Electronics, there was no pricing or signage up at all. Second, there was no one back in the Electronics section to help me, I had to hunt someone down. The manager had no idea what this "3 DS" I was talking about was and wasn't even sure if they had any. After about half an hour of waiting, he found some in the back with a very small selection of games, not even all the games that were advertised. I ended up settling for Street Fighter because it was the only game that wasn't terrible and I still wanted the $25 off promotion. I hope you can pass this along to whoever needs to read it because honestly no one knew anything about what was going on and it makes me doubt if I'll continue to shop at kmart in the future.

I hate reading these employee stories. I tried to apply for kmart electronics and found I was blacklisted by Sears(who owns Kmart)

I was blacklisted because I turned my store manager into the ethics line for telling salespeople to lie to their customers. But the ethics line is SUPPOSED to be anonymous so I don't know how she found out and put me down as not rehireable. Anyways the only upside is that my ex store manager did get fired because of me turning her in.

when I bought my playstation heroes and bulletstorm yesterday, the lady had to go back in the back to find playstation heroes and she said they had 12 3ds. but i already had mine on order at amazon since jan.

i've had good and bad with my local kmart, i'm lucky when i go in there and Avril is working (she is an older lady but cool) she will always go in the back and look for something for me and she knows about my coupons :)

but my friend was torn about the 3ds and he played one at a gamestop and was sold so i told him to go to kmart.

Ethics Line :

m_its_a_trap.jpg

No major issues with picking up the 3DS today. And this was at the "bad" store.

Really odd that they were having a store meeting, when the store opened at 8am. Had to wait like 10 min for the electronics clerk to show up cause he was up front with everyone else and the manager. At least they had everything out for display.

[quote name='biledriver']I hate reading these employee stories. I tried to apply for kmart electronics and found I was blacklisted by Sears(who owns Kmart)

I was blacklisted because I turned my store manager into the ethics line for telling salespeople to lie to their customers. But the ethics line is SUPPOSED to be anonymous so I don't know how she found out and put me down as not rehireable. Anyways the only upside is that my ex store manager did get fired because of me turning her in.[/QUOTE]

Heh, sorry to hear that. Sounds almost exactly like what happened to my cousin who worked at Sears. She reported a manager for slandering another boss at the store, and like a boomerang, it shot right back as my cousin became a giant target. So much for confidentiality. But I digress...

It does suck when all of Josh's hard work is dampened by these poorly-managed stores and associates who couldn't give two craps about their job. That's why I try to stay in touch with him whenever these scenarios occur.

[quote name='girlracer']
i've had good and bad with my local kmart, i'm lucky when i go in there and Avril is working
[/QUOTE]

Man, she really fell from stardom quick, huh?

avril_lavigne.jpg

[quote name='girlracer'](she is an older lady but cool)[/QUOTE]

Darn straight! (No, I don't actually know your store's Avril.)

Sweet was at my local store 1 hr after opening and I was the first to even ask about the 3ds got a aqua and ridge racer, going to ake it back and get pilot wings me thinks

If you got the $25 off pilotwings be prepared for some difficulty.

They may want to only give you the $15 back you paid and by default the register will charge you full price for Ridge Racer.

They should do the exchange but I would say be ready for some hassle.

Went in an hour after opening and was actually the first one to buy a 3DS today. Looks like they had 5 of each and around 18 launch titles (counting the Nintendogs versions separately) out. Got my Cosmo Black and SSFIV without a hitch.

Josh I applaud you for your work but I'm currently arguing with store 3187 how the 3DS does come out today and not Tuesday. This hit or miss with Kmarts is frustrating.

THOUGH, the employee is very courteous and trying to get it sorted out. I say the problem is with management. Definitely needs to be an overhaul.

----

Conclusion: Got it sorted it out, but they don't have Street Fighter -- bummer.

Well, I'm disappointed...

Figured I'd save the most money if I went ahead and bought my 3DS and Nintendogs now (sue me, I liked the first one).

After waiting for the lady to retrieve my items from the back, she finally returned and began to ring me up. She informed me at the register that the SYWR card system was down. So:

1. I couldn't use my current points to buy it, as I had planned.
2. The purchase did not register on my card.

And I'm uncertain if it's related to this issue but:

3. The $25 savings did not appear on my receipt.

Is there anything I can do about this? I've had luck with Kmart so far, it's really a shame this didn't go smoothly.

Just got back from store 4146 in Everett, WA. I wasn't able to save the $25. They said the SYWR system was down. I'm not sure if the two are tied together or not though. I would imagine so, but the offer doesn't state as much so maybe there was a different glitch in their system.

Purchased:

Aqua Blue 3DS
Ridge Racer
Pilot wings

The customer in front of me wasn't able to get Super Street Fighter IV as the employee looked twice, but couldn't locate any.

West lebanon NH, great experience.

Crappy selection of games, but got my $25 off and my 3ds , go kmart.

Joyce was funny and helpful as always

The store in Phenix City, AL was pretty unorganized overall. Went to get my 3DS and was the first one there for it, however they didn't have any of the systems out or any of the games. It took them about 45 mins to find the games and even then they didn't even have all of them but claimed that was all they had (games I noticed missing form the box they brought out was pretty much all the first party games, bust-a-move universe...which I was planning to get, and a few others.) ultimately I just settled for Ghost Recon just to get my system and $15 dollar game and just leave the store.

Just to throw it out there as a possible future example tho, I went to Toys R' Us for the BOGO sale on 3DS games after getting the 3ds at kmart. They had all their games neatly organized on a table near the entrance to their electronics/video game department and everything went super smooth there. Perhaps in the future something similar could be advised to stores for other console launches?

Now, to just finish up this college school work to enjoy my new toy! :p

I had a typical Kmart experience here, so I guess I should not be surprised. Nothing sitting out, had to wait forever to get someone to help me, and then they didn't know anything about it.

I've really wanted to try to support Kmart and the efforts of Josh et al but I guess I must be in a dead zone of improvement. Every Kmart I go to yields the same result every time. If it's not out on the shelf then you are out of luck because they can never open the cases, and you are lucky to get someone to even open a case. Time is money, and Kmart may have better deals if you can get them (apparently most people can) but my time is too valuable to waste on poor customer service. I'm going to just start going to Best Buy because at least there is a standard level of customer service that I can expect and count on.

I picked up my second 3DS (with another at Amazon) perfectly fine from the 3187 in PA, but called around multiple stores and couldn't find any with Street Fighter IV; so I just got Pilot Wing. Weird. Besides the aforementioned hiccup the transaction went smoothly.

Picked up my 3DS at Oakdale, MN Kmart with not trouble at all. Got the aqua blue system (the wife wanted that color) and Rayman 3D - redeemed $114 worth of points so I was very happy! Then went to Toys R Us and got Ridge Racer and Pilot Wings.

why do you people come on here and cry cuz everthing dont go perfect. for christ sake thank josh for trying. i am sure not everybody is perfect in there jobs

josh appreciate everything you are doing keep up gd work

[quote name='camelking6969']why do you people come on here and cry cuz everthing dont go perfect. for christ sake thank josh for trying. i am sure not everybody is perfect in there jobs

josh appreciate everything you are doing keep up gd work[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between things going perfectly and the employees arguing with you or being lazy. Everyone here is thankful for what Josh does, but we don't say it every time we make a post. When an employee tells you they don't have a game but it's sitting in the case and they are too lazy to look, or they tell you a game doesn't exist but it is out that day, or that it doesn't even come out but the K-Mart ad clearly states that it does it is unacceptable and Josh knows and admits this.

Terrible experience at store #4276.

I walked out of the store empty handed, but not because they didn't have any 3DS's left. I went on my lunch break and was really excited to pick up a Black 3DS and SSFIV3D. It took me about 10 minutes to drive there, and the same to drive back. That gave me about 10 to pick up the 3DS. They didn't have SSF, but seemed to have every other game.

I couldn't find anyone to help me so I walked to the front to find someone. Stood in a line there for about 5 minutes before I just walked out. Some K-Mart stores are just a joke when it comes to customer service. I now regret complaining about being hounded at other stores like GameStop and Best Buy, because at least there I can get someone to help me. I was ready to drop $300+ today on a 3DS and games but it looks like K-Mart doesn't want my money.

I will be picking up my 3DS after work somewhere else that actually wants to sell me things. I'm really bummed out because I always like giving K-Mart my business but enough is enough. It's a hassle every time I go in any of their stores looking to buy something from the electronics department.

[quote name='MuckFichigan']Terrible experience at store #4276.

I walked out of the store empty handed, but not because they didn't have any 3DS's left. I went on my lunch break and was really excited to pick up a Black 3DS and SSFIV3D. It took me about 10 minutes to drive there, and the same to drive back. That gave me about 10 to pick up the 3DS. They didn't have SSF, but seemed to have every other game.

I couldn't find anyone to help me so I walked to the front to find someone. Stood in a line there for about 5 minutes before I just walked out. Some K-Mart stores are just a joke when it comes to customer service. I now regret complaining about being hounded at other stores like GameStop and Best Buy, because at least there I can get someone to help me. I was ready to drop $300+ today on a 3DS and games but it looks like K-Mart doesn't want my money.

I will be picking up my 3DS after work somewhere else that actually wants to sell me things. I'm really bummed out because I always like giving K-Mart my business but enough is enough. It's a hassle every time I go in any of their stores looking to buy something from the electronics department.[/QUOTE]

I agree there should always be a person at electronics; usually I must summon one via customer service desk.

I got to my Kmart a half hour before the doors opened. I was literally the only one in the parking lot. The weird part was that when they opened the door and I walked in, they immediately called over the intercom for everyone to come to the morning meeting. I almost felt like I wasn't supposed to be inside yet. I walked back to electronics and was completely shock that not only were they prepared for the launch, they even made a big gigantic display with everything they had on an endcap, signed and everything. They even made a homemade banner to promote it. It was definitely a first to see them so prepared.

However, because everyone was called to a meeting, I actually had to walk back to the front of the store and interrupt the meeting for someone to unlock the systems for me. The weirdest part was the manager completely blew me off because I was disturbing the meeting. I started to ask about the 3DS but she just talked louder over me with sales numbers as I was trying to get help. The woman who was actually working electronic was enthusiastic, though, and walked out of the meeting to help me, halfway back apologizing to me for her 'overly number focused' manager (a huge contradiction, but I let it go).

Anyway, she grabs a system for me (telling me they got 8 of each color) but as went to pick up Ridge Racer, she stops me saying Ridge Racer wasn't part of the deal. I started to debate it with her, but she pulled out the ad and pointed at the picture. If you look at the ad, there is a box with 8 different 3rd party games in it and it says "Save $25 on these featured 3DS games" which was completely misleading. I thought about arguing the point, but since I planned to pick up two other games at Toys-R-Us next anyway, I just gave in and got Rayman instead to save myself the hassle. The promo worked fine, My $30 in SYWR rang up fine, and I was out the door mostly happy.

[quote name='camelking6969']why do you people come on here and cry cuz everthing dont go perfect. for christ sake thank josh for trying. i am sure not everybody is perfect in there jobs

Its called feedback and I am sure Josh and his team would rather read about issues and try and correct them then wonder why people stopped shopping there. Josh has fixed many store issue for people here based on these types of posts. Thats why people usually provide store locations/numbers and dates for him.

[quote name='gindias']Its called feedback and I am sure Josh and his team would rather read about issues and try and correct them then wonder why people stopped shopping there. Josh has fixed many store issue for people here based on these types of posts. Thats why people usually provide store locations/numbers and dates for him.[/QUOTE]

I think it's best that you email Josh / Ad Monster directly so they may reply quickly. You'll save them the trouble of scanning through this fast moving thread.

I'm not sure if I'm one of the people "crying", but I posted my experience. I've also posted when I've had good experiences. It's a little thing called providing feedback.

Another reason to post is that might be other CAGs in your area reading this thread so it gives them a heads up on what they might expect.

I read the FAQ and instead of emailing Josh I'll just make a return trip back to the store and see if I can get a refund of the $25. I'd rather have the refund then the gift card like the FAQ states I'll get if I mail Josh.

this has nothing to do with any of the deals this week... but every weekend when i visit K-mart in Burlington, WI... it seems there is no one working in electronics... i walked into the gaming/dvd department and one customer was at the register with an employee... soon as they were taken care of... they left. i actually was just looking at clearance PSP games cuz i just got a psp... but for about 10-15 min not one employee visited the area or asked if i needed help. kinda sad. if it weren't for any of the deals... i'd never go there.

Hey guys, if you're posting about your experience please let us know the location you went to (store number of just the address/location if possible). We do appreciate and use the feedback.

Question whats the SYWR $30.00 deal? I read through saw mentions of it but should I have gotten more off mine? I have a membership card for the rewards...... thanks for any clarification!

[quote name='girlracer']when I bought my playstation heroes and bulletstorm yesterday, the lady had to go back in the back to find playstation heroes and she said they had 12 3ds. but i already had mine on order at amazon since jan.

i've had good and bad with my local kmart, i'm lucky when i go in there and Avril is working (she is an older lady but cool) she will always go in the back and look for something for me and she knows about my coupons :)

but my friend was torn about the 3ds and he played one at a gamestop and was sold so i told him to go to kmart.[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the Bedford, IN store, I know which woman you mean. Unless there are two older ladies named Avril working Kmart electronics dept.

[quote name='afireinside7444']Question whats the SYWR $30.00 deal? I read through saw mentions of it but should I have gotten more off mine? I have a membership card for the rewards...... thanks for any clarification![/QUOTE]
If you are referring to my post, I'm sorry, I was misleading. I meant that I had $30 in rewards (primarily from the MvsC3 deal) that I used towards the 3DS. I noticed that some people posted the SYWR system wasn't working correctly, and I was trying to say that my SYWR was applied fine.

Got there at 7:55 - the lot was empty except for the employee cars parked away from the store. Their morning meeting lasted a little long, so doors didn't open until about 8:05, but the manager apologized for it - no problem. I went to electronics and they were just unpacking everything. Grabbed a black 3DS and LSW III and everything rang up fine. Another flawless transaction for my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back