SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trance Addix']I agree there should always be a person at electronics; usually I must summon one via customer service desk.[/QUOTE]

I've resorted to calling the store from my phone while in the electronics section. I ask the operator to transfer me to electronics for a video game check and hang up when someone shows up. They get a little pissed when they answer the phone and no one is there but no one should wait more than 5 minutes for help. That being said, the Anoka, MN store has always been great but unfortunately it's more than a little out of the way.

[quote name='angsto2']I've resorted to calling the store from my phone while in the electronics section. I ask the operator to transfer me to electronics for a video game check and hang up when someone shows up. They get a little pissed when they answer the phone and no one is there but no one should wait more than 5 minutes for help. That being said, the Anoka, MN store has always been great but unfortunately it's more than a little out of the way.[/QUOTE]

I went to that one last time to pick up Yakuza III and the employee was friendly and was there to ring me up. It's not too out of the way for me, as it's off of 47 on the way home from work.

I bought my system there. I had two pre ordered at Gamestop in case I couldnt get one. Didnt bother with the midnight launch and then went to Kmart in the morning, grabbed it and Ghost recon.. they had all games but SFIV in stock.

6 of each color.

I then cancelled my preorder at Gamestop and got my deposit back.

Big Kudos to the Bismarck, ND store (4272). Had a great experience today, everything was organized and the staff was helpful and friendly. Lot's of stock available. Like many have reported, there was no Street Fighter to be found, but they did have my second choice Ghost Recon: Shadow War, so I picked up that and a Black DS. $25 came off without a hitch, and I used the $10 from Crysis last week. Basically got my launch game for free and when checking out, my rewards card issued a coupon for a free bottle of coke too. Was there some other promotion going on with the 3ds? I got 5,000 bonus points on the purchase and didn't know if it was from the system or the game?

Very happy, and kind of surprised that most of my game purchases have been at Kmart recently. As far as I'm concerned, everyone involved deserves a raise :) Make sure and pass it along to the appropriate people. Your efforts are certainly changing many peoples opinions. Two of my friends stopped in last week when they found out about the Crysis deal and signed up for the rewards program. I don't know about your profits, but it's certainly got to be increasing your sales.

[quote name='camelking6969']why do you people come on here and cry cuz everthing dont go perfect. for christ sake thank josh for trying. i am sure not everybody is perfect in there jobs

josh appreciate everything you are doing keep up gd work[/QUOTE]

No one is crying @$$hole. Now STFU w/ your k-mart fanboy comments.

Although I love this thread and everything Josh does for us, I like the fact that we can write about our experiences good/bad so that these SHC folks can continue what they are doing/make things better/ notify the stores of any problems.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Hey guys, if you're posting about your experience please let us know the location you went to (store number of just the address/location if possible). We do appreciate and use the feedback.[/QUOTE]

This is why CAGers post about their experience.
Last thing SHC wants is to spend time and money w/ a promo, and the customer walks into another store never to return to a Kmart again.

p.s. thanks for the tip about Crysis 2 stock-boy!!!!

Kan anyone konfirm a $20 kredit for Mortal Kombat? Want Amazon to price match, and give $20, not $10 Amazon kredit.

[quote name='neuropunk']Kan anyone konfirm a $20 kredit for Mortal Kombat? Want Amazon to price match, and give $20, not $10 Amazon kredit.[/QUOTE]
SHC Posted this:

Note:
On my Facebook page I have put out a "Like" promotion in which if my page hits 900 likes I'll reveal the 4-17 offer (Mortal Kombat, Socom 4, Portal 2 etc.)

He still needs about 113 likes to reveal the deal.

[quote name='ShockandAww']SHC Posted this:

Note:
On my Facebook page I have put out a "Like" promotion in which if my page hits 900 likes I'll reveal the 4-17 offer (Mortal Kombat, Socom 4, Portal 2 etc.)

He still needs about 113 likes to reveal the deal.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I thought the deal was just to release MK a few days early, for some reason.

[quote name='neuropunk']Oh, I thought the deal was just to release MK a few days early, for some reason.[/QUOTE]
Silly ass.

I just noticed this when I got a copy of a digital receipt--apparently SYWR members can earn up to 15,000 bonus points when you shop this Saturday (4/2), according to the following tiers:

$50-74.99: 5,000 points
$75-99.99: 10,000 points
$100 or more: 15,000 points

So conceivably, if you wanted to tempt fate by waiting until the Saturday after launch, you could get an additional $15 in SYWR points with your 3DS...something to think about. ;)
Shop Your Way Rewards Members(SM) earn up to 15,000 points* on all qualifying purchases in store ALL DAY SATURDAY APRIL 2ND. Exclusive savings even if you join that day! *Spend $50-$74.99 earn 5,000 points, spend $75-$99.99 earn 10,000 points, spend $100 or more earn 15,000 points. See Associate for details. Subject to full program terms available at shopyourwayrewards.com. Must remain opted-in to receiving promotional emails from Sears Holdings and its affiliates.

If that's true...I'm seriously going to buy it. I literally just bought a used copy of the regular edition for 17 yesterday--I was planning on beating it and returning it...but I'd rather have the GOTY version and keep it. Josh, spill the beans on this one please.

Thought the Crysis 2 deal ended today and not yesterday. Tried to get a manager to do an override but they didn't care.

Can I still get it on the deal if I send Josh a scan of my receipt?

[quote name='Barnolde']Thought the Crysis 2 deal ended today and not yesterday. Tried to get a manager to do an override but they didn't care.

Can I still get it on the deal if I send Josh a scan of my receipt?[/QUOTE]

no. you waited too long. It's not due to kmart error.

My stores I go to have seen some minor improvements since I emailed josh about some problems a few months back. It does make a difference.

That said it'd be nice if there was a section on the website where you can report a problem or a bad customer service experience and have that DM/store manager be notified. That said I think people post here/go to josh because they feel like kmart's normal means of complaint will just end up being ignored.

I also thought it was weird that there was a store meeting upon opening the store to customers, and didn't see SSF4 for sale either.

Did anyone get SSF4 for 3DS at kmart? I wasn't looking to buy it there but I was surprised not to see it.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Sean if you dont mind me asking, why do you say LCD all day?[/QUOTE]

He prefers LCD screens to Plasma or other types.

I actually have had my plasma for over a year and love it(other than the problem i mention later). Panasonic. They're much cheaper at large sizes than other LCDs. Just make sure you get a model that has reasonably low input lag. 40ms or less.

http://shoryuken.com/f177/new-definitive-hdtv-lag-faq-174085/

No one is more sensitive to this than fighting game players, but it can still affect how quickly you shot that dude or if you hit that note in rock band or not. I really reget not doing my research and getting a set that lags 88ms (that's 5 frames) and it's simply impossible to play fighters or tight timing games on it. For reference, if a game runs at 30fps and you lag behind 5 of those frames, you start to see how big a problem that can be for quick reflex response games.

It's very hard to get good numbers online for input lag (manufacturers hide it often because they don't think it's a selling point and it's more expensive to make HDTVs that respond quickly) but most HDTVs have lag.

Rumor is that the VGA cable for 360 helps reduce input lag on some TVs but at least consider it in your purchasing if you plan on playing a lot of games on it.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Hey wanted to get everyones opinion to these 2 tvs:
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_012W028030270001P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_012W020811920001P

I used to have the Panasonic but had a couple problems with it over heating but with the Kmart Smart Plan, I am getting a gift card back in the same amount that I paid for it.

Today saw the RCA in the ad and was wondering about that.[/QUOTE]
I'd go for the Panasonic plasma. Even at 42" if it's for gaming you're not going to notice a huge difference and with the quality of games being released(like Black Ops) it's better played in 720p than upscaled to 1080p. Richer blacks, less input lag and the newer Panasonics are really nice, they stepped up their game hugely.

it depends. i have panasonic plasma and the input lag is horrible. See if they'll let you test it or if you can find solid numbers online.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Sean if you dont mind me asking, why do you say LCD all day?[/QUOTE]

Plasmas tend to have a large respose lag, ghosting is more probable, and burn in will happen if you leave the Tv on too long.

LCD? None of that will happen.

[quote name='Barnolde']Thought the Crysis 2 deal ended today and not yesterday. Tried to get a manager to do an override but they didn't care.

Can I still get it on the deal if I send Josh a scan of my receipt?[/QUOTE]

Every deal ever has ended on Saturday so I wouldn't think so, but only Josh can address that one.

[quote name='jer7583']it depends. i have panasonic plasma and the input lag is horrible. See if they'll let you test it or if you can find solid numbers online.[/QUOTE]
Just out of curiousity, what model #? I know I bought mine after watching and comparing it to the previous gen when the previous one was smoking LCDs left and right. TH42PZ85U made in 2008.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1166196
Panasonics have shown lower lag times compared to other plasmas. I'm satisfied with mine but now I do want to test the lag myself. I'll have to buy an LCD monitor now to run an input lag test since I don't see myself picking up Guitar Hero 2(is that even on PS3?).

[quote name='SeanTM22']Plasmas tend to have a large respose lag, ghosting is more probable, and burn in will happen if you leave the Tv on too long.

LCD? None of that will happen.[/QUOTE]
LCD Fanboi speak. LCDs can burn in. Their image rentention threshold is much lower. The newer technology used for anti-image retention makes burn-in very hard to accomplish unless you're purposely aiming for it. You can also set an activity timer if the displayed has not changed in more than 5 minutes it will shut the TV off. LCDs have the ghosting issues, plasmas typically do not. LCDs are getting better, but dollar for dollar you have to spend twice as much to get an LCD that equals the best mid-range plasma.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']If that's true...I'm seriously going to buy it. I literally just bought a used copy of the regular edition for 17 yesterday--I was planning on beating it and returning it...but I'd rather have the GOTY version and keep it. Josh, spill the beans on this one please.[/QUOTE]

Check the used cases at Gamestop if they have some on the shelf. I've scored several nice pieces of DLC that way including Borderlands. (The GOTY version cost the same used because they assume it's been redeemed but that's obviously not always the case).

And yes, I mean opening the case, see if it's there, and then taking it out without buying it. My Gamestops are cool with it anyway since they usually grab it for themselves.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Plasmas tend to have a large respose lag, ghosting is more probable, and burn in will happen if you leave the Tv on too long.

This isn't 2008. If you do your research there are plenty of plasmas that can outperform LCDs.

And for the record, I own both and am in no way biased.

I have a 42" 1080p Panasonic Plasma that I purchased from US Appliance two years ago. It was something like $600. I have two complaints.

1) Glare. It's not bad, but if it's the middle of the day, I have to shut the curtains to see properly.

2) It's dark. Even with a solid calibration, games are still too dark. Fortunately many of them have built-in brightness settings, which eliminates the problem.

Overall, I am happy with it. There is no permanent burn-in. I played Dead Rising 2 for months and a slight burn in appeared. Less than a week after finishing it, the burn-in went away. Also, for what it's worth, my buddy has a pretty nice LCD. However, when he comes over, he always comments on how much better movies or games look on my plasma.

Before you buy, check CNET, Amazon, etc. for reviews. That said, I am really happy with my Panasonic plasma, and I don't notice and lag or ghosting.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Every deal ever has ended on Saturday so I wouldn't think so, but only Josh can address that one.[/QUOTE]

Ended on Saturday? What do you mean? If I go to Kmart this coming Saturday, 4/2, I should be able to get in on the promos that began today. That's how most retailers' sales work, right?

[quote name='Achilles00']Ended on Saturday? What do you mean? If I go to Kmart this coming Saturday, 4/2, I should be able to get in on the promos that began today. That's how most retailers' sales work, right?[/QUOTE]

Most stores have deals that run through close Saturday night.. That's the point of ads in Sunday morning papers. K-mart's no different, their deals for the week end Saturday nights at close.

Big thanks to dave @ Store 3691
Super smooth transaction :)

Came in @ 1pm, everything was set up and displayed nicely. Grab'd a blue one & street fighter (HA! HA!) was gonna Grab steel diver but saw the sign saying buy sys get game $25 off, i had it mixed up with the tru b1g50%O promo :)

Now only if they can get their Tuesday's games releases to run as smooth, though I really won't complain considering the last Tuesday releaseI tried to buy a game was red dead undead collection for Xbox which couldn't get.....meh

[quote name='Achilles00']Ended on Saturday? What do you mean? If I go to Kmart this coming Saturday, 4/2, I should be able to get in on the promos that began today. That's how most retailers' sales work, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Scorch clarified it well since I didn't make it clear that it was through closing on Saturday.

[quote name='Achilles00']Overall, I am happy with it. There is no permanent burn-in. I played Dead Rising 2 for months and a slight burn in appeared. Less than a week after finishing it, the burn-in went away. Also, for what it's worth, my buddy has a pretty nice LCD. However, when he comes over, he always comments on how much better movies or games look on my plasma.

Before you buy, check CNET, Amazon, etc. for reviews. That said, I am really happy with my Panasonic plasma, and I don't notice and lag or ghosting.[/QUOTE]Two things I just want to correct and I'm not picking on you by any means. Your Dead Rising 2 "burn in" was image retention, you can't get rid of burn-in on any plasma. Image retention is easier to deal with naturally or to force it away with a built in tool or white noise static.

Second being I'd go check the avrforums ahead of any other place for any tv/audi purchase. No hype, very technical and they're great.

I've had no burn in that lasted longer than overnight on my panasonic plasma having used it a year. Ghosting is also not an issue. Lag is the only one i've seen but almost every cheap HDTV has that. I got the smallest 720p model, it was only $650 for 42 inches.

I'm not sure what the model number was but I tested it with guitar hero 3 and the beatles guitar. 88ms. Consistently unable to hit combos in Marvel and SF4 that are easy on a CRT.

The LCDs in that size range were at least $200 more. Plasmas are really good for that, large sizes are very cheap compared to other types of screens.

So how are final boss' BIG PROFITS from reselling 3DSs going? lol

Last edited:
[quote name='jer7583']=
So how are final boss' BIG PROFITS from reselling 3DSs going? lol[/QUOTE]

LOL @ the people that though the 3DS was going to be a flip. It's $250. Not many casual gamers are going to drop that much cash on the system whether it be 3D or not. People have a hard enough time dropping that much cash for a console =/.

so for the dynasty warrior 7, is it an instant $10 off on release week? Saw the first page, and was wondering why there isnt any info about the coupon, just $10 off.

[quote name='DarkRider23']LOL @ the people that though the 3DS was going to be a flip. It's $250. Not many casual gamers are going to drop that much cash on the system whether it be 3D or not. People have a hard enough time dropping that much cash for a console =/.[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like a lot of people have dropped $250 on the 3DS already.

[quote name='confoosious']Sounds to me like a lot of people have dropped $250 on the 3DS already.[/QUOTE]

I'm not doubting that it's going to do well at all. I'm just seriously doubting that it would sell out within days or even weeks to make it a flip, especially at that price point.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Hey wanted to get everyones opinion to these 2 tvs:
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_012W028030270001P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_012W020811920001P

I used to have the Panasonic but had a couple problems with it over heating but with the Kmart Smart Plan, I am getting a gift card back in the same amount that I paid for it.

Today saw the RCA in the ad and was wondering about that.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely go with the Panasonic plasma if you are comparing it to the RCA LCD. You might have a case if you were asking LCD vs Plasma but in my opinion the RCA should not even be in the running especially with the Panasonic being $70 cheaper. I've had a 42" and 50" Panasonic plasma and upgraded to a 58" Samsung plasma (I would have bought another Panasonic but I got such a great deal on the Samsung).

Edit: Also, there was a recent sale for an extra 10% electronics for SYWR members, so keep your eye out for those bonus deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chriscolbert']Check the used cases at Gamestop if they have some on the shelf. I've scored several nice pieces of DLC that way including Borderlands. (The GOTY version cost the same used because they assume it's been redeemed but that's obviously not always the case).

And yes, I mean opening the case, see if it's there, and then taking it out without buying it. My Gamestops are cool with it anyway since they usually grab it for themselves.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Looks like we need a new motivator...

STEALING
S'all cool, as long as the employees do it too.

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']Wow. Looks like we need a new motivator...

STEALING
S'all cool, as long as the employees do it too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah trust me. It's not like that at all. I'm not taking anything that anyone actually expects to be in there.

But let's not get any more off-topic with this.

I am correct in thinking that you will have to be a SYWR member to get the new coupons starting Tuesday, right?

[quote name='jer7583']Did anyone get SSF4 for 3DS at kmart? I wasn't looking to buy it there but I was surprised not to see it.[/QUOTE]
I did, and it wasn't my first choice. Still sitting here unopened. Anyone find Bust-a-Move Universe at their stores? I was looking forward to paying only $5 for it.

[quote name='SeanTM22']LCD all day[/QUOTE]
When I bought a TV two years ago, the main decider was that LCDs consume considerably less power than Plasmas. I don't know if the difference is still measurable these days, but it's another consideration.

Jeff at the Salina, KS store deserves some kind of recognition. He is the only guy I ever see working in electronics and is top notch with customer service! He helped me track down a copy of Fight Night today, and K-Mart has officially become my go to spot for gaming needs!

[quote name='Scorch']Most stores have deals that run through close Saturday night.. That's the point of ads in Sunday morning papers. K-mart's no different, their deals for the week end Saturday nights at close.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yes. Scorch clarified it well since I didn't make it clear that it was through closing on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Right. This is exactly the point I was making. So why wouldn't the 15,000 bonus points work with the 3DS promo that started running today? Colbert, you seemed to suggest that it would not work since the promo ends Saturday.

[quote name='Mad39er']
Second being I'd go check the avrforums ahead of any other place for any tv/audi purchase. No hype, very technical and they're great.[/QUOTE]

True. I went there before I bought my latest receiver, and I received prompt responses to my question. However, it's easy to get lost over there in all of the technicality.

[quote name='Achilles00']Right. This is exactly the point I was making. So why wouldn't the 15,000 bonus points work with the 3DS promo that started running today? Colbert, you seemed to suggest that it would not work since the promo ends Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I was responding to someone asking about the Crysis 2 deal that ran this past week. I don't know what promo you're referring to. SYWR bonus points are able to be redeemed immediately assuming they get added to your account properly, so there's no issue if you were talking about using any previously earned SYWR points on a 3DS.

The end date of a promo is just when you can no longer obtain whatever bonus is included if you purchase an eligible item. Now having said that, in the past the gaming coupons couldn't be used until starting the following Sunday, so I would expect that to hold true with the new ones as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back