SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadboy']Just go there and buy that one game.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Everyone is saying they won't give me the coupon.

[quote name='The_ZZ']:/

Would they really do that if I'm 1 penny shy? I don't wanna buy anything else. :cry:[/QUOTE]

well this is the way these kinds of deals are run everywhere. There's a reason why you see "spend $10 get X off" instead of "spend $9.99 get X off". Your pre-tax total must be more than or equal to $40. penny less or a dollar less, doesn't matter.

Can't wait for.. PORTAL KOMBAT!!! and Buying Arcana Heart 3 with the PSN monies.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Sent an email to Jim. Hopefully it is a quick fix. Kind of a bummer that it didn't work right off the bat though. Also the coupon says it cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupons. I thought I had read that the 45 and 15 could be combined for use on one full price game.[/QUOTE]

Is this true? The 45 and the 15 can't be combined?

Quick Q. I want to buy two copies of MK plus a MS points card. Will I still be eligible for the $60 coupons with two of the same game? This excerpt from the FAQ threw me off.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

• Coupons with different barcodes can be stacked but coupons with the same barcode cannot be stacked
    • Example #1 Halo Reach $25 coupon and Dead Rising 2 $20 coupon can be used on one purchase
    • Example #2 Halo Reach $25 coupon and another Halo Reach $25 coupon cannot be used on one purchase
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='harish7447']1 more q...if i pick up 2 copies of MK + 2 psn /xbox cards...would I get $60 in coupons + each card = 10 off????[/QUOTE]

Yes. Buying MK and Portal 2 together with two of the ~$20 cards will get you both cards at half off and should trigger both coupons.

[quote name='Logjammin']Is this true? The 45 and the 15 can't be combined?[/QUOTE]

We've been told that they can be. Haven't seen the print myself, but they are supposed to work together in spite of what it's reported to say.

[quote name='Logjammin']Is this true? The 45 and the 15 can't be combined?[/QUOTE]

From the first post:

Limit 1 of this coupon
barcode redeemable per transaction. Coupon can be
used with other gaming coupons in the same
transaction. Savings for combined coupons cannot
exceed pre-tax gaming purchase.

Unless they changed the wording on the coupons, it just means you can't use two coupons with the same barcode at once. It also means that for a $59.99 pre-tax purchase you could not use both a $15 and a $45 coupon because the savings ($60) would exceed the pre-tax total ($59.99). Keep that in mind.

[quote name='CBolts']Quick Q. I want to buy two copies of MK plus a MS points card. Will I still be eligible for the $60 coupons with two of the same game? This excerpt from the FAQ threw me off.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you'll be fine. That part about the coupons from the FAQ is about using two identical coupons to pay for one item. As far as earning these coupons, buying MK twice with a point card will put you over the $120 threshold and qualify you for both.

Could somebody please answer my question. I'm sorry to be a burden.

Is the coupon similiar to a gift card? It can just be used for software, right?

Do i need to be a Kmart rewards member to receive the coupons?

[quote name='Gamer_DOOD']Could somebody please answer my question. I'm sorry to be a burden.

Is the coupon similiar to a gift card? It can just be used for software, right?

Do i need to be a Kmart rewards member to receive the coupons?[/QUOTE]

Read the sticky in the first post.

I will check the forums tomorrow before going to Kmart to see if anyone had trouble. I am doing the MK for PS3, Portal 2 for 360, and maybe 2 1600 points and I want to see if the savings on the card work and it both the $15 and $45 coupons print.

[quote name='rawrker']Not sure if its been mentioned but Dragon Quest V (ds) is $29.99. Used to be $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Does that game even exist anymore? And isn't the highest MSRP on DS games $34.99?

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but wouldn't it have been a lot easier just to give a single $60 coupon for purchases over $120 instead of two coupons.

[quote name='aem']I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but wouldn't it have been a lot easier just to give a single $60 coupon for purchases over $120 instead of two coupons.[/QUOTE]

It would also be easier for them to give us coupons for $39.99 and $119.98 in purchases. This is done for a reason.

[quote name='sgaldis']OMG, we've been teased by a trickle of tantalizing drops. WE NEED THE FULL LIST!!!:whee:[/QUOTE]
I will definitely post this as soon as I can, my apologies on the delay.

[quote name='aem']I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but wouldn't it have been a lot easier just to give a single $60 coupon for purchases over $120 instead of two coupons.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would hate one $60 coupon. Games are 59.99. If I bought only one game, I wouldn't be able to use my $60 coupon. With it being a $15 and a $45, I can use them on any single game (obviously, I'd only be able to use one at a time though). But seeing how there are Brink, LA Noire, and Lego PotC all coming out within the coupon range, I'm a happy camper.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It would also be easier for them to give us coupons for $39.99 and $119.98 in purchases. This is done for a reason.[/QUOTE]
I would actually like to make this easier, I am working on the analytics for the 110/50 over the next few weeks. I'd like to run it some time this summer to try it out.

[quote name='jer7583']From the first post:

Limit 1 of this coupon
barcode redeemable per transaction. Coupon can be
used with other gaming coupons in the same
transaction. Savings for combined coupons cannot
exceed pre-tax gaming purchase.

Unless they changed the wording on the coupons, it just means you can't use two coupons with the same barcode at once. It also means that for a $59.99 pre-tax purchase you could not use both a $15 and a $45 coupon because the savings ($60) would exceed the pre-tax total ($59.99). Keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]
There has been no change in stacking strategy. I would never sign off on that.

If anyone finds the time could they copy the new verbiage on the thread as it reads on the coupon, I'll copy it into the OP.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']So how would that work? Like would I buy the two games and just send u a scan/pic to get the 60 (or i guess, 50)? and wat if i got mk and portal 2 and wanted two points cards? would i get the (i guess now... 40)

i assume that the guy had an issue earlier cuz it was a coupon which doesnt pay but just takes off the amount? i'm not sure, thats the only thing i can see --- hopefully my sywr points and gift cards do work as planned and should be working

ohh man, i hope mine has that, my kmart is kinda out of the way and seems to have a lot of things in stock, but... we'll see, :D[/QUOTE]
If the purchase intention was two games plus a points card but the cards are not on the sales floor I will preserve the shopping experience as much as I can by honoring the deal as if the points card was purchased. Customer service information (ie emailing me or Ad Monster) is in the first couple of posts.

[quote name='harish7447']Why do the stores nearby me don't refill the $20 psn cards??? They have run out of those for a long long time....doesn't kmart get them anymore?????

1 more q...if i pick up 2 copies of MK + 2 psn /xbox cards...would I get $60 in coupons + each card = 10 off????[/QUOTE]
Based on random store checks and the shipping information from our vendor, it is my belief that the issue is similar to our new release issue. They are most likely in the store but not represented on the sales floor. It really does not make sense to me.

Hey Josh, do pre-orders on Kmart.com qualify for the promo? I want Mortal Kombat, which is a pre-order at the moment, Crysis 2, and I see a pile of other games that I could pre-order (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, MotorStorm Apocalypse, Splinter Cell Trilogy) to push me past the $120 point, if they qualify.

EDIT:

Second question. When using the coupon, it has to be at least $60, so could I use the coupon on pre-orders, assuming my total is at least $60?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Based on random store checks and the shipping information from our vendor, it is my belief that the issue is similar to our new release issue. They are most likely in the store but not represented on the sales floor. It really does not make sense to me.[/QUOTE]
I know the idea would probably be laughed out of the boardroom because of the impossible scope and cost of it, but if the executives really wanted to improve the store experience unequivocally. then I think someone's previous suggestion of secret shoppers would be just about the best thing they could ever hope for. (I mean, the feedback you've passed upwards comes from us, who serve the role of anonymous shopper with feedback to higher ups.) The only reason stores are run so poorly is because management isn't giving enough incentive, positive or negative, to stop managers from doing the bare minimum (or even less) required. After all, aside from a few random complaints, who will ever find out if they treat a customer terribly, or don't get stock out as quickly as they should?

But if there's one thing I've learned about people, it's that they never want to come to the attention of their bosses in a negative way because of the fear of repercussions. If managers had to be careful of how their store was run because their performance was a) being watched anonymously and b) they were being "graded" on it, with rewards/punishments following their "grade," we'd probably see an across the board increase in customer satisfaction.

I'm no business guy, so I can't claim to know how to run a business with any authority. But it doesn't take an MBA to know how to motivate people to meet or surpass expectations. There's so much wasted potential at the store level, and I'm of the mind that such a failure is the fault of a poor manager and not (solely, anyways) the employee. Just the $0.02 of an average joe.

it's not that as hard to pull off as you think. You don't need any in house expertise to do a secret shopper program. There are outsource companies that will gladly do it for a fee.

It just requires one of the top execs to approve it and understand it's more useful than those surveys at the end of receipts.

The problem is: will they care. If you don't care about your job, and some workers clearly don't, you also don't care if you get rated poorly in a secret shopper transaction.

[quote name='confoosious']it's not that as hard to pull off as you think. You don't need any in house expertise to do a secret shopper program. There are outsource companies that will gladly do it for a fee.

It just requires one of the top execs to approve it and understand it's more useful than those surveys at the end of receipts.[/QUOTE]
It requires common sense. That alone makes it difficult for C-level executives to pull off. :) All kidding aside though, sure you could outsource it easily, but cost still comes into play. Printing ink on a receipt that's going to print anyways and hosting a tiny site off of your main one costs far and away less, I would imagine, than hiring a company to audit stores as described. It seems like a hard sell to bottom-line, penny-pinching executives. But maybe it's not; as I said, I'm no businessman, and I don't know the Kmart C-levels, so who knows how off base I may be. I'm just speculating.

oh there's no question it's gonna cost money. But if the retail experience at kmart is as bad as some people say, then you either get your house in order (by paying a few bucks), or go out of business.

Interfeci - hiring CAGs to do it might sound like an easy solution but if I'm an exec, I'd rather based my results on a report by an experienced firm than I would a haphazard report based on a bunch of cheap asses. CAG is great but there are a lot of unreasonable people on this board - people who if a "deal" isn't good enough for them take it as a personal affront. You can't trust feedback from those people.

As far as the survey goes, I wonder if I should even bother doing it? My experience sucked today but is my rating of each question just gonna go into a database of ratings and nobody reads my comments? I know best buy and gamestop push the hell out of those surveys but I don't know how much stock corporate actually puts in them.

I highly doubt the survey at Kmart does anything, but I had a horrid experience at Best Buy about 6 months ago. It was so bad that I called there customer service and talked to some guy who sent me a $50 gift card and agreed with me 100%. I never asked for anything. Now that was a nice surprise and how you do business. Maybe try that if that is an option.

I've called corporate on a lot of places. Somehow i'm lucky enough to get people who couldn't give a damn. Especially with Gamestop. Their DM just didn't want to hear it.

[quote name='Interfeci']I've called corporate on a lot of places. Somehow i'm lucky enough to get people who couldn't give a damn. Especially with Gamestop. Their DM just didn't want to hear it.[/QUOTE]

The only place that actually listened to me was Gamestop. Gave me a $25 gc to make up for my troubles. :D

[quote name='Scorch']I've asked Josh about the secret shopper thing before.. he didn't seem too interested.[/QUOTE]
Oh I'm interested :) A lot of legal ramifications though. You all are kind of secret shoppers so to speak.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I know the idea would probably be laughed out of the boardroom because of the impossible scope and cost of it, but if the executives really wanted to improve the store experience unequivocally. then I think someone's previous suggestion of secret shoppers would be just about the best thing they could ever hope for. (I mean, the feedback you've passed upwards comes from us, who serve the role of anonymous shopper with feedback to higher ups.) The only reason stores are run so poorly is because management isn't giving enough incentive, positive or negative, to stop managers from doing the bare minimum (or even less) required. After all, aside from a few random complaints, who will ever find out if they treat a customer terribly, or don't get stock out as quickly as they should?

But if there's one thing I've learned about people, it's that they never want to come to the attention of their bosses in a negative way because of the fear of repercussions. If managers had to be careful of how their store was run because their performance was a) being watched anonymously and b) they were being "graded" on it, with rewards/punishments following their "grade," we'd probably see an across the board increase in customer satisfaction.

I'm no business guy, so I can't claim to know how to run a business with any authority. But it doesn't take an MBA to know how to motivate people to meet or surpass expectations. There's so much wasted potential at the store level, and I'm of the mind that such a failure is the fault of a poor manager and not (solely, anyways) the employee. Just the $0.02 of an average joe.[/QUOTE]
I completely agree with this, I wish I could explain in detail my own challenges in getting certain things accomplished internally :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Oh I'm interested :) A lot of legal ramifications though. You all are kind of secret shoppers so to speak.[/QUOTE]

secret as in you're ashamed of us? ;)

by the way, here's your coupon text:

"Gaming Coupons can be combined with other gaming coupons. This is a single use coupon and cannot be redeemed more than one time." in large highlighted text near the top.

the coupon also says "$xx off regular, sale or clearance priced gaming purchase in-store of $x or more (before taxes and other discounts have been applied) in a single transaction."

[quote name='confoosious']secret as in you're ashamed of us? ;)

he way, here's your coupon text:

"Gaming Coupons can be combined with other gaming coupons. This is a single use coupon and cannot be redeemed more than one time." in large highlighted text near the top.

the coupon also says "$xx off regular, sale or clearance priced gaming purchase in-store of $x or more (before taxes and other discounts have been applied) in a single transaction."[/QUOTE]
Haha, exactly the opposite, I wave my CAG flag proudly :)

I went to kmart today and was going to buy 6 psn cards but realized I really don't need that many. Ended up buying 5 cool hot wheels which were on sale for .79 cents. After reading through the last few post on this thread I got thinking I should just buy 2 $20 psn cards and get a $15 coupon and use that on another card. Is it confirmed that the $15 coupon prints as long as you spend $40? Plus can I use the $15 coupon on a 1600 microsoft points or another psn card? Basically this makes 3 psn cards $15 each which is not too shabby. If I purchased 6 cards for $120, used the $15 on another making total $125 for 7, and used the other $45 on a $50 card making the total $130 for $190 so if my math is right this will make the cards actually more expensive than $15.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I went to kmart today and was going to buy 6 psn cards but realized I really don't need that many. Ended up buying 5 cool hot wheels which were on sale for .79 cents. After reading through the last few post on this thread I got thinking I should just buy 2 $20 psn cards and get a $15 coupon and use that on another card. Is it confirmed that the $15 coupon prints as long as you spend $40? Plus can I use the $15 coupon on a 1600 microsoft points or another psn card? Basically this makes 3 psn cards $15 each which is not too shabby. If I purchased 6 cards for $120, used the $15 on another making total $125 for 7, and used the other $45 on a $50 card making the total $130 for $190 so if my math is right this will make the cards actually more expensive than $15.[/QUOTE]

Your math is way off. Assuming you do the first deal and are buying only PSN cards, you do get 3 cards for $45 which equals $15 a piece. Assuming you do the second deal, you spend $120 for the first 6, $5 for the 7th one (w/ the $15 coupon), and $5 for the 8th (w/ the $45 coupon). Now, since you are spending $130 total dollars, let's break down the $50 card into a $20 denomination and make it worth 2.5. So technically you are getting 9.5 $20 gift cards for $130. $130/9.5 = $13.68 per gift card.

So did the bug get fixed that will alllow both the $45 and $15 coupon to print?

Josh, did anyone in IT test to see if purchasing MK and Portal would actually discount two PSN/XBL cards?

Thanks

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Hey Josh, do pre-orders on Kmart.com qualify for the promo? I want Mortal Kombat, which is a pre-order at the moment, Crysis 2, and I see a pile of other games that I could pre-order (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, MotorStorm Apocalypse, Splinter Cell Trilogy) to push me past the $120 point, if they qualify.

EDIT:

Second question. When using the coupon, it has to be at least $60, so could I use the coupon on pre-orders, assuming my total is at least $60?[/QUOTE]

For some strange reason, Josh hasn't answered any of my Kmart.com questions either, including whether or not the 20/1600 point cards will be discounted online.

[quote name='burger96']For some strange reason, Josh hasn't answered any of my Kmart.com questions either, including whether or not the 20/1600 point cards will be discounted online.[/QUOTE]
The .com side of things was done while I was out and was not intended to compliment the instore promotion. It does not seem that the promotion was set up the same way as the 1600 point card does not appear to be working but pre orders have been reported as working.

Overall, I am not a fan of the "band-aid" approach for the coupon program online. I usually have to address the .com side of things much more personally based on consumer confusion on how to redeem and access the discounts. We are working on a final fix that should be implemented this year to make it Amazon-esque from a credit standpoint.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The .com side of things was done while I was out and was not intended to compliment the instore promotion. It does not seem that the promotion was set up the same way as the 1600 point card does not appear to be working but pre orders have been reported as working.

Overall, I am not a fan of the "band-aid" approach for the coupon program online. I usually have to address the .com side of things much more personally based on consumer confusion on how to redeem and access the discounts. We are working on a final fix that should be implemented this year to make it Amazon-esque from a credit standpoint.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I guess i'll stay away and drop by Kmart B&M tomorrow.

[quote name='joshdts']
Josh, did anyone in IT test to see if purchasing MK and Portal would actually discount two PSN/XBL cards?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. I know he says it should be fine, but I do not feel like dealing with it in the store if it doesn't.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I was wondering the same thing. I know he says it should be fine, but I do not feel like dealing with it in the store if it doesn't.[/QUOTE]
Not sure how to answer the question, yes, it is intended to work as planned. It is an instant conditional offer so it will appear as a transactional discount once all the items are totaled. The tests that are run on these offers are done systemically, not in a live environment.

If you experience any issues at all, feel free to reach out via email and we'll help.

[quote name='harveyiscool']Your math is way off. Assuming you do the first deal and are buying only PSN cards, you do get 3 cards for $45 which equals $15 a piece. Assuming you do the second deal, you spend $120 for the first 6, $5 for the 7th one (w/ the $15 coupon), and $5 for the 8th (w/ the $45 coupon). Now, since you are spending $130 total dollars, let's break down the $50 card into a $20 denomination and make it worth 2.5. So technically you are getting 9.5 $20 gift cards for $130. $130/9.5 = $13.68 per gift card.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, I stand corrected. Usually very good at math but screwed up thinking this out mostly because I kept thinking about only getting the $45 coupon and not figuring on getting the $15 one. Guess I just got all confused over that. Man, tempted to try this but I have to figure if the hassle of trying to get the other $15 is worth it or not. Trying to deal with it in store is a waste of time for everyone. None of the employees I've dealt with in my store knows anything going on even if it is posted in the weekly ad.

[quote name='ps2emotions']You are correct, I stand corrected. Usually very good at math but screwed up thinking this out mostly because I kept thinking about only getting the $45 coupon and not figuring on getting the $15 one. Guess I just got all confused over that. Man, tempted to try this but I have to figure if the hassle of trying to get the other $15 is worth it or not because trying to deal with it in store is a waste of time for everyone because no one I've dealt with in my store knows anything going on even if it is posted in the weekly ad you still have to point it out to them.[/QUOTE]
It really should work tomorrow, but if it doesn't I will definitely try and make it as hassle free as possible by sending you a $15 gift card. We really don't require much info, just a pic of your receipt and mailing address, hopefully this helps in some way.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It really should work tomorrow, but if it doesn't I will definitely try and make it as hassle free as possible by sending you a $15 gift card. We really don't require much info, just a pic of your receipt and mailing address, hopefully this helps in some way.[/QUOTE]
Is the reason for the $15 coupon not printing even after the fix because of the registers? Are the registers rebooted every day at opening or something? Also for people with issues getting it why no online gift card that could be emailed?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is the reason for the $15 coupon not printing even after the fix because of the registers? Are the registers rebooted every day at opening or something? Also for people with issues getting it why no online gift card that could be emailed?[/QUOTE]
I've asked for online egift cards but have been declined.

Yes, the registers need to rebooted if the deal is not working. The code is definitely live.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I've asked for online egift cards but have been declined.

Yes, the registers need to rebooted if the deal is not working. The code is definitely live.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks. They're idiots.

I'll wait for a few responses confirming if people are getting the $15 coupon and if so I think I'm in for Mortal Kombat and Portal. Really didnt plan on getting Portal 2 but the reviews plus Kmarts deal, along with the fact that you actually get a free digital PC version is too good. I had MK on preorder from Amazon but that wont be here until the 20th. I work on the 20th and dont want to wait 24 more hours to play MK, so Kmart wins again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back