SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
I misread my receipt earlier. It says multiple coupons CAN be used in the same transaction. Sorry, my mistake. I'm so used to all bold type being exclusionary.

Just got back from #3381 Picked up Portal 2, MK and Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (due to the fact there weren't any 1600 point cards) all for the Xbox 360. I mentioned the t-shirt to the gentlemen helping me unfortunately he couldn't find any out back where he got my copy of MK from. No biggie. Upon checkout I asked him if the register was rebooted and he said he did it himself this morning.

Both coupons printed out without a problem

So Josh I guess I won't be emiling you today LOL :p

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I would actually like to make this easier, I am working on the analytics for the 110/50 over the next few weeks. I'd like to run it some time this summer to try it out.[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for a timeframe, how about the week of July 14th? That's a week after Infamous 2 comes out and the week that Alice: Madness Returns is released.

Of course, a stand alone offer for Alice: Madness Returns would also be appreciated! :bouncy::applause::bouncy:

[quote name='jer7583']That's awesome that you can get two discounted $20 points/PSN cards. I thought it was limit one.

Portal 2+MK+ $40 in XBLA Points for $20.

$140 spent - $60 in coupons given plus an additional $20 savings. Awesome awesome.[/QUOTE]f yeah. I was hoping for this, my Christmas wish was answered. Now I should have included the two games and cards in stock-out on shelf tues morn. Thanks guys for your hard work. I leave in 2 hrs, wishin myself luck

Anxious to get off work today and run by K-Mart. Yeah, that is a statement I wouldn't have said a year ago. Great work Josh & Team. Hopefully I will be seeing some of you on MK this evening.

I didn't realize we get a free t-shirt as well. That is a nice little surprise.

[quote name='hoofrog']Anxious to get off work today and run by K-Mart. Yeah, that is a statement I wouldn't have said a year ago. Great work Josh & Team. Hopefully I will be seeing some of you on MK this evening.

I didn't realize we get a free t-shirt as well. That is a nice little surprise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah-just saw the shirt. Cool. But I can hardly have faith the game will be found at my local so getting th t-shirt is something I don't expect. I would dig it, but I still remember the patch fiasco. Knowing I won't get the t-shirt makes me want it more. Damn it.

Forgot to ask about the shirt. Everything worked out alright.

Portal 2 + MK + 2 1600 pt cards - $25 SYWR = $122 + $15 and $45 gaming coupons.

Nice deal. Thanks Josh and Kmart. :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I completely agree with this, I wish I could explain in detail my own challenges in getting certain things accomplished internally :)[/QUOTE]
Don't worry about explaining your internal challenges. Those that dont work in a corporate environment will never truly understand all the challenges and bureaucracy that gets in the way of change.

[quote name='Ace!']Worked like a charm[/QUOTE]
The full deal? Points included? Good to hear.
Will be going at lunch to pick up two MS point cards and Portal 2/MK. Not holding my breath on the shirt though.

EDIT: And this is awesome. Just checked my SYWR balance and I have $34 on there. Such a great deal.

Just came back from the K-Mart in Astor Place. Bought MK and Portal 2, both for the PS3, along with a $20 Xbox Live points card. The $10 discount for the card showed up on the receipt and both $15 and $45 coupons printed out without a hiccup. And since I had about $65 worth of credit/gift cards, it was all the more sweeter. Thanks SHC-Gamer and crew for the great deal. =]

I do have a request. Will The 3rd Birthday for the PSP see some kind of sale in the near future? Would love to use my $15 coupon on the game, especially if it's on sale.

With that confirmation, it looks like I'll probably be running out to buy some point cards today. It sucks that the MS ones are $19.99, so 6 of them will put me just a few cents under. I'll have to either find some filler, or buy a 7th card to trigger the higher coupon.

Confusion setting in now. Due to the lack of Final Fantasy 4: Complete Collection, I've had to readjust my purchasing plan again. Now I will be picking up two copies of MK (One for me and one for my friend.) Will this work? Because the way I'm reading the first post, it sounds like one of us is going to be gypped of our PSN card because in order to get two PSN cards in the same transaction it would need to be a purchase of MK and P2 and not two copies on the same game?

Everything went great. I used a bunch of SYWR points, game coupons, and gift cards,. Got both coupons the $15 and the $40 one and the 1600 points card was half off.

With the shirt, similar to the MVC art print, it's never a bad idea to check up at the customer service counter if none are to be found around electronics.

Ok i've just returned from the Kmart in Orlando, FL (Store #3478)

I bought Mortal Kombat, Portal 2, a $20 PSN Card and got the free MK T-Shirt (Hell Yeah, what a sweet unexpected bonus). Both the $15 and $45 coupon printed for me no problems at all and i was able to apply my current SYWR points to the purchase. Im very pleased.

I would like to mention that buying both MK and Portal 2 discounted my $20 PSN card by $10 TWICE, essentially making it free. Im not sure if this was intended but it might be something to think about if you were thinking of buying 2 $20 cards for $20 OR 1 $20 for $0.

Also Josh, as you might remember i have emailed you a few times about my experiences at Kmarts. I travel quite alot in my line of work and have probably been to over a dozen different Kmarts from Ohio to Alabama since your deals have started. I would like to say that the associate that helped me at store #3478 today was by far the most prepared associate i have encountered during a release day. Her name was Sharon, she had all the new release games neatly diplayed in the case this morning, had the free MK T-shirt ready for me and was actually aware of the coupon deals. It was quite refreshing. Its associates like Sharon that make me want to continue purchasing my games from Kmart. If theres anyway you can pass some positive feedback through the grapevine to her superiors, i think she really deserves it.

Thanks, Josh
and thanks,CAG.

Time to binge out on some MK and Portal 2...

[quote name='wrencrest']Don't worry about explaining your internal challenges. Those that dont work in a corporate environment will never truly understand all the challenges and bureaucracy that gets in the way of change.[/QUOTE]

That is so true. Honestly I thought Dilbert was stupid as hell until I started working for a big company....then Dilbert just made sense.......:lol:

Josh, my K-Mart did not have the $20 PSN cards in stock, and they were unable to help me. I bought Portal 2 and MK. I have proof of purchase and everything if need be. Was just curious to see if there was anything I could do?
Otherwise, the deal worked, thanks.

[quote name='haize']Ok i've just returned from the Kmart in Orlando, FL (Store #3478)

I bought Mortal Kombat, Portal 2, a $20 PSN Card and got the free MK T-Shirt (Hell Yeah, what a sweet unexpected bonus). Both the $15 and $45 coupon printed for me no problems at all and i was able to apply my current SYWR points to the purchase. Im very pleased.

I would like to mention that buying both MK and Portal 2 discounted my $20 PSN card by $10 TWICE, essentially making it free. Im not sure if this was intended but it might be something to think about if you were thinking of buying 2 $20 cards for $20 OR 1 $20 for $0.

Also Josh, as you might remember i have emailed you a few times about my experiences at Kmarts. I travel quite alot in my line of work and have probably been to over a dozen different Kmarts from Ohio to Alabama since your deals have started. I would like to say that the associate that helped me at store #3478 today was by far the most prepared associate i have encountered during a release day. Her name was Sharon, she had all the new release games neatly diplayed in the case this morning, had the free MK T-shirt ready for me and was actually aware of the coupon deals. It was quite refreshing. Its associates like Sharon that make me want to continue purchasing my games from Kmart. If theres anyway you can pass some positive feedback through the grapevine to her superiors, i think she really deserves it.

Thanks, Josh
and thanks,CAG.

Time to binge out on some MK and Portal 2...[/QUOTE]

Interesting...

[quote name='Kain']Confusion setting in now. Due to the lack of Final Fantasy 4: Complete Collection, I've had to readjust my purchasing plan again. Now I will be picking up two copies of MK (One for me and one for my friend.) Will this work? Because the way I'm reading the first post, it sounds like one of us is going to be gypped of our PSN card because in order to get two PSN cards in the same transaction it would need to be a purchase of MK and P2 and not two copies on the same game?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Only one card per title will be discounted. Not sure about mixing platforms on the same title if that's an option for you and your friend or if that would even work as I don't think anyone has mentioned needing to try it.

[quote name='aznhero913']What shirt are you guys talking about?[/QUOTE]

I got a MK shirt that is the cover art of the video game free with the game purchase.

[quote name='ucantcme69']I got a MK shirt that is the cover art of the video game free with the game purchase.[/QUOTE]

when was this announced?

dang it josh!!!

I was gonna get MK when the price dropped but now I'm really tempted.
I'll call my store to see if they have shirts. If they do, I'll have the wife swing by and pick up 2 copies of C2 and a copy MK.

[quote name='aznhero913']dang it josh!!!

I was gonna get MK when the price dropped but now I'm really tempted.
I'll call my store to see if they have shirts. If they do, I'll have the wife swing by and pick up 2 copies of C2 and a copy MK.[/QUOTE]
You're tempted now to pay full price for the game because of a t-shirt?

Ok-got in on the deal, and the two games in stock, but only got the 45 reciept and no freaking t-shirt. The employee said they don't ever get freebies to hand out, same situation like the patches. It wasn't a big deal until I started to think about it and how much I spend at k-mart each week. I have this feeling employees keep and sell. I know josh you will help with the 15 but i Want my t-shirt! waaah waaah. :D

Went to Kmart this morning, a bit skeptical and nervous I admit, but no problems at all. Picked up Portal 2, SOCOM 4 and a $20 PSN card and had no problems getting the $15+$45 to print. Great deals Josh, thanks!

[quote name='FINALBOSS']You're tempted now to pay full price for the game because of a t-shirt?[/QUOTE]

Relax man, some people dig gaming shirts and it's of value to them. It would be like if they threw in a box of tampons to try to push you over the edge.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Relax man, some people dig gaming shirts and it's of value to them. It would be like if they threw in a box of tampons to try to push you over the edge.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I personally think that shirt is shameful but hey, if it's your cup of tea, it's probably worth $10 and with the other deals going on with MK and the $120 working, I'd go to town on MK.

(Unfortunately, I had a TE preorder and Josh told us to keep that since kmart wasn't getting it. MK TE and $60 in coupons wouldve been sweet.)

[quote name='FINALBOSS']You're tempted now to pay full price for the game because of a t-shirt?[/QUOTE]

Yeah chump, you got a problem w/ that?

BTW, same thing here. I called the store and they told me they NEVER get promo items..... I call BS!!!

I picked up MK and Portal and it gave me two $10 discounts on the Xbox points. Ended up buying two point cards to out me over the $120 subtotal. They also gave me the silly MK shirt for 1¢. Everything ended up being $145.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Relax man, some people dig gaming shirts and it's of value to them. It would be like if they threw in a box of tampons to try to push you over the edge.[/QUOTE]

I Lol'd

[quote name='chriscolbert']I would have bet money that Josh was going to title the blog "Portal Kombat", but I guess "Mortal Portal" gets the point across just as good.[/QUOTE]

Hey it kinda rhymes with Moral Orel...that show on Adult Swim

Anyways, I pray that I will be in and out of KMart within 10 minutes. Hopefully one of the regulars @ electronics will be there and not the morons.

[quote name='Jarpo']I picked up MK and Portal and it gave me two $10 discounts on the Xbox points. Ended up buying two point cards to out me over the $120 subtotal. They also gave me the silly MK shirt for 1¢. Everything ended up being $145.[/QUOTE]

The way I understood the first report of this happening is that you still only had to get one since it applies the original value to the total. This was the quote from haize's post:

"I bought Mortal Kombat, Portal 2, a $20 PSN Card and got the free MK T-Shirt (Hell Yeah, what a sweet unexpected bonus). Both the $15 and $45 coupon printed for me no problems at all and i was able to apply my current SYWR points to the purchase. Im very pleased.

"

:lol:

[quote name='aznhero913']Yeah chump, you got a problem w/ that?

BTW, same thing here. I called the store and they told me they NEVER get promo items..... I call BS!!![/QUOTE]
Nope.

If you wanna wear it in public and get punched in the mouth by random people passing by, be my guest.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Nope.

If you wanna wear it in public and get punched in the mouth by random people passing by, be my guest.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure no one gets punched in the face for wearing a video game shirt

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']Pretty sure no one gets punched in the face for wearing a video game shirt[/QUOTE]

I dunno.... that's the first thing that runs through my mind when I spot someone wearing douchey "H4X0R" clothing.

I picked up

Mortal Kombat $59.99
Fight Night: Champion $39.99 (On Sale)
1600 MS Points $19.99
1600 MS Points $19.99

Game Card Savings -$10.00

Tax $6.58

Total $136.54

Received $45 Gaming Coupon and $15 Gaming Coupon

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Nope.

If you wanna wear it in public and get punched in the mouth by random people passing by, be my guest.[/QUOTE]

The shirt is fine. Who cares if someone wants a item you dont care about. I didnt know about it when she gave it to me so its kinda neat to have it now. The shirt is the same as the cover art of the game so is the kmart employees goign to punch me in the mouth on the way out for having the game in my hand to?

Nothing went as planned for me :(
The local K-mart here in Wilmington, NC was sold out of 1600 points cards, so buying 3 of those + MK + filler for the $60 in gaming coupons was out of the question...and when I went to Best Buy, they said they couldn't match the deal (which is astonishing for this particular Best Buy, as they are VERY, VERY lenient...).

On the plus side, I had to exchange Crysis 2 at K-mart because the disc was defective, and somehow it worked out to where even though I took advantage of the deal for Crysis 2 the day it came out, I still received a refund of $15.50 since it's on sale this week...

Wound up buying the $100 Kollector's Edition of MK at Best Buy (w/ $10 gift card - yippie), and had to go to GameStop for Final Fantasy IV since Best Buy didn't have it...

Today is disappoint.

/blogging

I attempted to buy 2 copies of Portal 2 and 2 ms 1600 points cards and the total was $160+

Tired of going to Kmart for these "deals" and leaving empty handed. Literally happens every time. Worst store ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back