SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']The coupon is confirmed, the free game has been mentioned but I don't think josh has given a 100% confirmation yet. I would say there's a very good chance of both deals happening, but only one is for sure right now.[/QUOTE]
Ah ok, hopefully it happens. Would definitely push me over the edge to buy it at Kmart.

Hey Josh, I sent you an email responding to your first solution and then recently sent another with a different idea. I know you are very busy, but can you see if the second idea would work?

[quote name='jer7583']They just simply aren't able to pay enough employees to staff all areas of the store or pay employees who aren't just lazy or don't care about their jobs usually.

I've found that the store I go to rarely has more than 7-10 people working at any given time. Think about how many people you see working at the wal-mart and target you go to. It's inevitable that they're going to have issues with customer service.

But they're probably between a rock and a hard place with budgets for payroll and size of the stores.

That said it really shouldn't be so difficult for so many stores to give one person one hour a week to stock new releases on a tuesday morning. I don't see how it could take more than that to stock maybe 50-100 new releases/restock items that come into the store.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I think KMART just need to close/sell alot of locations. What's the sense of having a large 100,000 Sq Ft. "big box" store and then have 5 people working there LOL.

My understanding (from what I've heard) is KMART/Sears actually owns alot of the land and locations that they reside on - which probably explains why they stay in business at locations you would think would not be otherwise financially viable. There was some guy at a hedge fund that owned a small chunk of the company, that a couple of years ago wanted KMART/Sears to spin off all of their owned real estate into a REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) and then distribute it back to shareholders. This might have been a good idea when the real estate market was at it's peak!!! But now it's probably too late.

Anyway I don't know about the "spinoff" idea, but I think they need to do SOMETHING to reinvest in the business if not paying out to shareholders. Just close down every KMART that reside in declining demographic/income areas, start pushing forward the "Super KMART" at new growth locations and make them legitimate competitors to Target/Wal-Mart. They really need some tangible revitalization of their stores, and once that is fully complete can run a major ad campaign to "give us another chance". Something similar to the Domino's ad-campaign. The other idea that I personally have, is to turn KMART into something more akin to Dollar General/.99 stores, and make Sears the premium brand for selling appliances, TV's, Craftsmen tools, lawnmowers, etc. If doing that then all the cheap video games could be cleared out under the KMART brand, but all new releases and full retail games would be at Sears. But make the inventory of Sears run lean so that games on the shelf did not age more than 1 year. Right now at both Sears and KMART's I have visited, they still have dozens (if not over 100) brand new PS2 games. Some probably aging on the shelf for 4 or 5 years or more. When I see their clothes they all look dated and out of style as well.

[quote name='Agent Orange']This is exactly why I think KMART just need to close/sell alot of locations. What's the sense of having a large 100,000 Sq Ft. "big box" store and then have 5 people working there LOL.

My understanding (from what I've heard) is KMART/Sears actually owns alot of the land and locations that they reside on - which probably explains why they stay in business at locations you would think would not be otherwise financially viable. There was some guy at a hedge fund that owned a small chunk of the company, that a couple of years ago wanted KMART/Sears to spin off all of their owned real estate into a REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) and then distribute it back to shareholders. This might have been a good idea when the real estate market was at it's peak!!! But now it's probably too late.

Anyway I don't know about the "spinoff" idea, but I think they need to do SOMETHING to reinvest in the business if not paying out to shareholders. Just close down every KMART that reside in declining demographic/income areas, start pushing forward the "Super KMART" at new growth locations and make them legitimate competitors to Target/Wal-Mart. They really need some tangible revitalization of their stores, and once that is fully complete can run a major ad campaign to "give us another chance". Something similar to the Domino's ad-campaign. The other idea that I personally have, is to turn KMART into something more akin to Dollar General/.99 stores, and make Sears the premium brand for selling appliances, TV's, Craftsmen tools, lawnmowers, etc. If doing that then all the cheap video games could be cleared out under the KMART brand, but all new releases and full retail games would be at Sears. But make the inventory of Sears run lean so that games on the shelf did not age more than 1 year. Right now at both Sears and KMART's I have visited, they still have dozens (if not over 100) brand new PS2 games. Some probably aging on the shelf for 4 or 5 years or more. When I see their clothes they all look dated and out of style as well.[/QUOTE]

A KMart near my house actually leases land to the Walmart next door

That's a pretty overwhelming request, agent orange.

I think they're doing fine how they are - josh actually mentioned kmart does much better than sears does. They just need to stay lean and improve slowly as their business improves. I understand why stores don't have a huge number of employees - better than closing those stores.

Like I said, if managers just gave one person a few hours a week to put away new releases we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's a matter of priorities, and many stores don't think that games are a priority or worth more discussion than "the truck didn't come in durrr". That's what needs to change.

[quote name='jer7583']That's a pretty overwhelming request, agent orange.

I think they're doing fine how they are - josh actually mentioned kmart does much better than sears does. They just need to stay lean and improve slowly as their business improves. I understand why stores don't have a huge number of employees - better than closing those stores.

Like I said, if managers just gave one person a few hours a week to put away new releases we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's a matter of priorities, and many stores don't think that games are a priority or worth more discussion than "the truck didn't come in durrr". That's what needs to change.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a request of Josh to totally reinvent the KMART brand hahaha. I guess I went off topic and got carried away. I was talking more as a general consumer what my take is on KMART and how they need to do something about the conditions at their stores. I wouldn't doubt KMART does better than Sears in games, Sears has no deals by comparison. Josh should be put in charge of both since it's technically the same company. :cool:

not just games, but in general - kmart is a more profitable company from what i recall him saying.

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']So has anyone else tried to get any of the newest marked down games? I think I might try to get Resonance of fate today[/QUOTE]
Picked up Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds and Metro 2033. Both were marked and rang up properly.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Picked up Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds and Metro 2033. Both were marked and rang up properly.[/QUOTE]

What newly marked down games do they have if I may ask?

[quote name='ldsdrive']What newly marked down games do they have if I may ask?[/QUOTE]
It's in the OP. Post #6.

Some of them I cared about:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Punch Out
Metro 2033
Hot Shots Golf
Singularity
3D Dot Game Heroes

Hey Josh, any chance on a deal for Dark Souls, and will you guys have preorders by october? All preorders will be getting a badass CE. Also, omg play Demons Souls if you haven't. Its my favorite game this gen. From could teach a lot to western devs about WRPGs, lol.

And in case it got buried, i really wanna know when 3ds+madden is! I'm tempted to go get a 3ds today, i already got some games. Thanks again!

I have not missed too much. I've been meetings today until now. I'll jump on tonight and see what's up. Talk to you all later!

Just a follow-up to some other posts regarding problems with games not clearanced yet as per the new May price drops. I visited and have been calling two Kmarts that have the Rock Band Beatles limited and special value bundles and they are still marked as $99.99; however, today I called the same store and they said they are still marked at $99.99 but the scanner now states pending clearance. Maybe they will be marked down tomorrow???...here is hoping.

[quote name='sadboy']I bought Resonance of Fate yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Good call. I'm thinking I want that one if they still have it near me. That would be an epic haul with L.A. Noire, $20 coupon, and Resonance of Fate all for $60 + tax.

I was originally thinking R&C:A Crack in Time which was definitely in stock last time (original version too, not red box greatest hits). Hopefully I get lucky with RoF, I might actually get both anyway if they have 'em, but one would be paired with the L.A. Noire promotion.

With Brink out of the window, I think I've adjusted my plan to be LA Noire (with Resonance of Fate), then Dirt 3, and finally inFamous 2. That may be last purchase for a while, but it depends on what else might be coming out through August. I can't think of too many titles offhand. My wallet would welcome the break, anyways.

Super psyched for this holiday. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ass Creed Revs?) has definitely become a frontrunner in my "must have" list, with Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and Uncharted 3.

[quote name='lawl']Ah ok, hopefully it happens. Would definitely push me over the edge to buy it at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

exactly what i'm waiting on!

was planning to buy brink, but after seeing the mixed reviews I decided to use my coupons towards L.A. Noire. Will there be any games on sale next week?

[quote name='bigaug']So the coupon is pretty much printing everywhere now?[/QUOTE]

...? I want to go out and get it despite the bad reviews but I kind of want to know if the coupon will print for sure then or not...

[quote name='thanossurfer']Just a follow-up to some other posts regarding problems with games not clearanced yet as per the new May price drops. I visited and have been calling two Kmarts that have the Rock Band Beatles limited and special value bundles and they are still marked as $99.99; however, today I called the same store and they said they are still marked at $99.99 but the scanner now states pending clearance. Maybe they will be marked down tomorrow???...here is hoping.[/QUOTE]

So today, I went to my 6th store in 3 days. Both versions of the xbox Beatles Rock Band bundles scanned at $79.99. Not the $49.97 stated on the first page. I think I give up, both because of the continuing price issues, and because none of these stores actually had a "limited" bundle in stock, only the nearly-worthless "value" bundle. Oh, well.

[quote name='BrolyB593']...? I want to go out and get it despite the bad reviews but I kind of want to know if the coupon will print for sure then or not...[/QUOTE]

It's a store-by-store thing because in order for it to print the registers have to be rebooted after it's put in the system. Most everyone got them today because most stores reboot their registers either at night or in the morning. Unless your store never reboots, you should be good.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']With Brink out of the window, I think I've adjusted my plan to be LA Noire (with Resonance of Fate), then Dirt 3, and finally inFamous 2. That may be last purchase for a while, but it depends on what else might be coming out through August. I can't think of too many titles offhand. My wallet would welcome the break, anyways.

Super psyched for this holiday. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ass Creed Revs?) has definitely become a frontrunner in my "must have" list, with Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and Uncharted 3.[/QUOTE]

Yea definitely can't wait for those, Skyrim, Bf3 and Uncharted 3. Also adding to the mix of midnight buys for me are Dark souls (which comes out in october YAY), Twisted Metal, Rage, Call of Duty (2011 version lol) and Resistance 3.

It is definitely going to be a good gaming holiday season

Also considering LotR:WitN and The Cursed Crusade, anyone know if these will be good?

Dear Kmart/Josh

I submit. I've been following this thread since the Mortal Kombat deal was announced. I almost decided to buy the game from Kmart but after some bad memories (from trips years ago) I decided against it. The LA Noire deal is simply to good to pass up. I decided to make my first purchase at Kmart today for MX vs ATV. I haven't bought anything from Kmart in years but you've got me through your doors today and I will be back next week.

Josh, seeing you in this thread daily and knowing that you care and are willing to go the extra mile to help the community is invaluable and is a major reason I decided to give Kmart my business for the near future. So from a new customer, thank you!

[quote name='BrolyB593']...? I want to go out and get it despite the bad reviews but I kind of want to know if the coupon will print for sure then or not...[/QUOTE]

Bought MX Vs ATV today and the coupon printed with no issues.

For anyone that was like me and didn't want to sign up for the SYWR card, don't sweat it. The process only took 2 minutes and the girl at the counter did all of the work. Name, phone number, and email address was all they asked for.

Per the usual... Lego Pirates not on the shelf :bomb:

However the guy in electronics was super helpful and was like oh the stocker must not have put them out I bet they are in the office. Sure as shit, he comes back with a box and there it is.

Coupon printed off A-Okay too.

Josh, I will be emailing you about how this experience was good and the Portal 2 experience was bad. :)

[quote name='DJP519']So today, I went to my 6th store in 3 days. Both versions of the xbox Beatles Rock Band bundles scanned at $79.99. Not the $49.97 stated on the first page. I think I give up, both because of the continuing price issues, and because none of these stores actually had a "limited" bundle in stock, only the nearly-worthless "value" bundle. Oh, well.[/QUOTE]Did you try having an associate ring up either/both of the bundles, like I suggested? Josh has said the prices won't show up on a price check/scanner, as they're event-priced.

I'm thinking that maybe those stores where the items have rung up at the new clearance prices have gone a step further, hard-coding the new price drops so that they're not simply event prices, but the actual prices. Of course, I could be wrong. :oops:

[quote name='joshrocker']Dear Kmart/Josh

I submit. I've been following this thread since the Mortal Kombat deal was announced. I almost decided to buy the game from Kmart but after some bad memories (from trips years ago) I decided against it. The LA Noire deal is simply to good to pass up. I decided to make my first purchase at Kmart today for MX vs ATV. I haven't bought anything from Kmart in years but you've got me through your doors today and I will be back next week.

Josh, seeing you in this thread daily and knowing that you care and are willing to go the extra mile to help the community is invaluable and is a major reason I decided to give Kmart my business for the near future. So from a new customer, thank you![/QUOTE]
Yay!!!!! Great to hear. Always feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever experience any issue whatsoever and I'll do my best to help.

[quote name='DJP519']So today, I went to my 6th store in 3 days. Both versions of the xbox Beatles Rock Band bundles scanned at $79.99. Not the $49.97 stated on the first page. I think I give up, both because of the continuing price issues, and because none of these stores actually had a "limited" bundle in stock, only the nearly-worthless "value" bundle. Oh, well.[/QUOTE]
Hey bud, shoot me an email, I'd like to help here.

[quote name='cheesebu']Hey Josh, any chance on a deal for Dark Souls, and will you guys have preorders by october? All preorders will be getting a badass CE. Also, omg play Demons Souls if you haven't. Its my favorite game this gen. From could teach a lot to western devs about WRPGs, lol.

And in case it got buried, i really wanna know when 3ds+madden is! I'm tempted to go get a 3ds today, i already got some games. Thanks again![/QUOTE]
I was a huge fan of Demon Souls, I definitely want to try and work something out.

Josh, I stopped at a store earlier today and the lady said she just marked down the Beatles SVE today and it was only down to $80. Would it ring up different than the price adjustment she tagged it as today?

[quote name='Agent Orange']It wasn't a request of Josh to totally reinvent the KMART brand hahaha. I guess I went off topic and got carried away. I was talking more as a general consumer what my take is on KMART and how they need to do something about the conditions at their stores. I wouldn't doubt KMART does better than Sears in games, Sears has no deals by comparison. Josh should be put in charge of both since it's technically the same company. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I am actually in charge of both departments. Sears is not in a position currently echo the deals unfortuntely. I am not even in all stores at Sears.

However, I will say that the conditions at Kmart will improve. Within four weeks the Chicagoland area will the first to go to a new merchandising strategy that will make it a whole lot easier on you guys. Once the proof of concept is shown, we will then roll out around the country.

[quote name='dabamus']Josh, I stopped at a store earlier today and the lady said she just marked down the Beatles SVE today and it was only down to $80. Would it ring up different than the price adjustment she tagged it as today?[/QUOTE]
It should actually.

[quote name='joshrocker']Bought MX Vs ATV today and the coupon printed with no issues.

For anyone that was like me and didn't want to sign up for the SYWR card, don't sweat it. The process only took 2 minutes and the girl at the counter did all of the work. Name, phone number, and email address was all they asked for.[/QUOTE]

You reciprocated the request, right? ;)

[quote name='cheesebu']Hey Josh or anyone that can help, has the 3ds+madden deal been confirmed? I want to know what week it starts, i'm guessing the week after L.A. Noire?[/QUOTE]
It is confirmed, I believe it is the week after LA

[quote name='jer7583']The coupon is confirmed, the free game has been mentioned but I don't think josh has given a 100% confirmation yet. I would say there's a very good chance of both deals happening, but only one is for sure right now.[/QUOTE]
It is confirmed, the blog will be updated tonight.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was a huge fan of Demon Souls, I definitely want to try and work something out.[/QUOTE]

This caught my eye. I'm normally an Amazon guy to avoid tax and get free RDD...however a promotion on top of free CE? Bonus! It takes a lot to make me pay the sales tax +gas, but make it worth my while and I'll happily drive :cool:

Josh, is what I said a few posts earlier possible? It might explain why some people are seeing the correct price drops and others aren't.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm thinking that maybe those stores where the items have shown up at the new clearance prices when scanned have gone a step further, hard-coding the new price drops so that they're not simply event prices, but the actual prices. Of course, I could be wrong. :oops:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cheesebu']Hey Josh, any chance on a deal for Dark Souls, and will you guys have preorders by october? All preorders will be getting a badass CE. Also, omg play Demons Souls if you haven't. Its my favorite game this gen. From could teach a lot to western devs about WRPGs, lol.
[/QUOTE]

second on this request... i can not buy this game from kmart if i am not able to get this:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/11/dark-souls-collectors-edition-offered-as-pre-order-bonus/

demon's souls is my favorite game of all time, and the collector's edition for this is a must have.

Hey guys, did the coupons print out fine today for everyone?

I just wanna know(3rd time asking this today) before I take a trip there tomorrow/thursday.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey guys, did the coupons print out fine today for everyone?

I just wanna know(3rd time asking this today) before I take a trip there tomorrow/thursday.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I posted earlier that I bought MX vs ATV and the coupon printed out with no issues. Bring and MX were both in the glass and really to go.

[quote name='joshrocker']Yes, I posted earlier that I bought MX vs ATV and the coupon printed out with no issues. Bring and MX were both in the glass and really to go.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't ready to go mean, they're in the bag? Just kidding.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey guys, did the coupons print out fine today for everyone?

I just wanna know(3rd time asking this today) before I take a trip there tomorrow/thursday.[/QUOTE]

My Lego Pirates coupon printed off with no problem. :D

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, is what I said a few posts earlier possible? It might explain why some people are seeing the correct price drops and others aren't.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, I do not know. I'll search the bundle issue in particular tomorrow and verify a couple of local stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back