SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect transaction at store #7639 in Santa Paula, CA. I asked for assistance at the customer service desk, as the electronics department was empty. A few minutes later, Laura arrived and assisted me with my transaction. I wanted to purchase two copies of LA Noire, one copy per transaction. She wasn't sure if the deal would print twice, but noted that I had two SYWR card memberships under my phone number, so she used one account per transaction. Worked flawlessly! I left the store with:

(2) LA Noire
(2) Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
$40 in gaming coupons

[quote name='whiptcracker']My wife went to get the deal for me at the Coon Rapids, MN KMart and they told her that none of the clearance games 19.99 and under would work for the deal, which limited the already limited selection.[/QUOTE]
I guarantee every deal, shoot me your receipt and I'll take care of it.

I got a nice reminder of why I stopped going to kmart even with the great deals. The kmart I went to had no one in electronics when I got there, which is how it has always been at that store. I go to the clearance games and notice most games on the list are not there, I know clearance is ymmv but I had seen large amounts of those games at that store when I gave Kmart up a couple months ago and know they would not sell them all. So I go to the glass case to see if LA Noire is on the shelf, it’s not but all those clearance games are and mismarked at 59.99. I see someone unloading boxes and ask them if they have the game in but they were a vendor. I apologize for bugging them and she tells me that she knows this store sucks and that there have been multiple people asking her for help. After another minute or two she walks half way across the store to find an employee to page for customer service. It takes about 6 or 7 minutes before 2 employees come over and only one starts helping people based. Help seemed to be established on who yells their question at him first. After he grabs my games he stops to print a rain check for someone else. When the games ring up at 80 something dollars I tell him there should be a promotion advertised online on the blog. This is when both of them say loudly in unison that the deal is online only. When I start to argue with him he tells me that I’m already getting a good deal because the clearance game I chose, Metro 2033, rand up at 19.97 instead of the mismarked 59.99. I have to pull up the blog on my phone which the employee reads aloud and we all realize the problem, I was never asked for my rewards card and honestly forgot about it since it’s been awhile since I went to kmart. While I understand I should have known to have my card out, I feel the entire experience is unacceptable. Every time I go to Kmart I have to wait 5 to 10 minutes for someone to come to electronics and every time they have no clue about the deals and try to argue that they do not exist.

Sorry for the wall of text but it was aggravating to say the least and it shouldn't take 20 minutes to buy a game even on release day.

My brother just called me and said that the employees had no idea about the deal and said they thought it was just for the game coupon and you could use that to get the game (he even showed them the kmartgamer.com website). He tried to have them ring up Alan Wake but it did not work (coupon printed). The employees are terrible at the logan, ut #7423 store. They are never around to help and have no idea about these deals.

[quote name='x ECKS x']Good Afternoon, hope everyone is enjoying L.A Noire. I bought L.A Noire at Kmart, so I have a quick question: if I return the game, unopened and sealed, would I be able to get a full refund yet keep the $20 coupon and the free game? - Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]
That makes you a prick.

And no, you can't.

Got my LA Noire & Singuilarity from the NYC 34th st KMart with no problems (still lots of copies for both systems there). Felt bad for the guy ahead of me who got hit with the Wii games not in system problem, and had to wait for an override.

Luckily, the guy in the electronics dept was familiar with the blog and was knowledgable about the entire deal. Only problem was that 4 LA Noire people came at him all at once :D

[quote name='TheBigHouse']Hey, stay outta MY Kmart! ;)[/QUOTE]

i would if there was one closer to me (from Meade County) but these deals have been too good to pass up as of late

Deal worked perfectly for me today, got Buzz Quiz TV bundle for free. Thanks again for an awesome deal.

[quote name='cancerman1120']It is funny (or sad) that I have been monitoring this thread even though my deal worked great. I am just rooting for an overall successful launch of this deal for Josh. It seems like things are turning around from early this morning.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm rooting hard for Josh since I've enjoyed many deals he has provided in the past year. Sometimes it seems as if he's shoveling shit against the tide since things he has no control over (lazy employees) undermine what he's trying to achieve. But in the end, no one can argue that Kmart isn't a legit source for games (no offense to the CAGs still pining for $5 copies of X-Blades).

[quote name='confoosious']he shouldve told him yes and wasted his time.[/QUOTE]

While it might of been funny to mess with him, that "yes" from Josh would have opened a pandora's box of every wingus and dingus flocking to this thread trying to pull the same BS and wondering why it doesn't work.

Had a pretty great experience at my (Pike Creek, DE) store. LA Noire was in the case, we have that value game bin by the general checkout, which sadly doesn't have all the $19.99 or lower games, so I scoured the electronics section, ended up with Saw (360, a $19.99 game).

Took it to the counter, asked the sales associate to get LAN from the case, was surprised at the efficiency of being promopted for which system, so that he could just reach into a box that was right there. He knew about the deal, specificially remarking on my included free cheap title. Everything rang up correctly, used $50 in coupons, got my new $20 one, good times.

The only weird part was that I was using 3 previous coupons (a $20 and 2 $15's). One scanned fine, and the other two he had to punch in manually, saying something along the lines that it explicitly asked him to confirm using more than one. Wasn't a big deal, but this didn't ever happen before, and it just seems like more work for the sale associates.

Hey SHC Gamer, Just left Kmart store 7317 in New Albany Indiana. Talked to two Employees and none of them knew anything about the deal. Worse yet LA Noire wasn't even stocked when I walked in around noon. One of the workers went to the back and cashed me out. I recieved the game and a 20 dollar game credit but they couldn't get the 19.99 and under game to come out free for me.

Thanks to last month's and today's deal, I walked out with LA Noire, Singularity, Alpha Protocol and the $20 coupon for ~$17. Singularity & Alpha Protocol were both still on the shelf and marked $59.99 each, but everything rang up just fine in the system. As has been said many times, thanks to Josh and his team for continuing to provide the gaming community with such great deals.

[quote name='donbaloo']Checked the coupon FAQ but didn't see the answer for this. So I have this 20 dollar Gaming Coupon now. I understand that (once it's activated next Sunday) I can't use it to just buy another $19.xx game because the total is less than the coupon. So does the filler item have to also be a gaming product or does the gum work? I know gum has worked for folks in the past but I don't know if those were specifically gaming coupons being used or general coupons. Any help?[/QUOTE]
Eh, I'm a dumbass. The coupon itself gives the answer pretty clearly. I win the Internet idiot award for the day. Barely nudged out the dude looking to return the game and keep the freebies...

[quote name='zapruder']I just skimmed this thread because of information overload, and I didn't find my question answered in the last couple pages.

The closet Kmart is 60 miles away, so I won't be driving there. Is the $20 gaming coupon in-store only? Based on what I read, I was under the impression that the coupon was for any purchase (online or in-store) but that the free game was in-store only. If someone could clarify this before I make a purchase, that'd be swell. Even though Jim's a great guy to deal with, I'd rather not have to email back and forth post-purchase if possible.

Thanks for not reaming me for my ignorance, guys.[/QUOTE]
Help? Please? Anyone? Bueller?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I guarantee every deal, shoot me your receipt and I'll take care of it.[/QUOTE]

No worries, it sounds like a guy with a smart phone came in and was showing the employees the deal and they made it work. So to whomever that CAG is, thank you. Thank you as well SHC-Gamer, it's a great deal. My wife said the staff was very helpful, just confused.

[quote name='x ECKS x']Good Afternoon, hope everyone is enjoying L.A Noire. I bought L.A Noire at Kmart, so I have a quick question: if I return the game, unopened and sealed, would I be able to get a full refund yet keep the $20 coupon and the free game? - Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I hope this was a poor attempt at a joke.

[quote name='donbaloo']Eh, I'm a dumbass. The coupon itself gives the answer pretty clearly. I win the Internet idiot award for the day. Barely nudged out the dude looking to return the game and freebies...[/QUOTE]

Same kind of people who buy a printer/tv or something together for a discount and later try to return one but keep the discount

/sigh

I emailed Josh, I'll let you know of any updates.

[quote name='Canoli2007']Everything worked out fine at my phoenix Kmart. My $20 coupon is not valid until 5/22. Has this been addressed yet?[/QUOTE]

This is normal, "addressed" by normal policy. Coupons are not valid til the Sunday after release and are good for 45 days after that.

[quote name='Canoli2007']Everything worked out fine at my phoenix Kmart. My $20 coupon is not valid until 5/22. Has this been addressed yet?[/QUOTE]

That is the way it is supposed to work. Coupons are not valid until the next Sunday.

No luck regarding the free game at the Sacramento, Ca (stockton blvd) Kmart.

They had already stocked a good number of LAN copies for both 360 and PS3 and their selection of 19.99 games was actually decent (my pick would be Silent Hill: Shatter Memories).

I couldn't get the nice elderly lady clerk to ring me up on the deal. She had no idea about the free game but she was informed about the $20 coupon.

I showed her the mykmartgamer blog on my phone. She then called up the manager. Two things happened: First, after a minute of conversing on the phone with someone (I assume the manager but I can't be certain), she told me that they can't honor the Free Game bonus. I asked to speak with the manager or whoever was in charge of the electronics department. She then told me that the manager was out for lunch. It was 9am in the morning. I must have had an incredulous look on my face so she quickly continued that the manager had started his shift at 4am.

I was told he'd be back later and that I should call then. I'm thinking about just going back instead of calling so I won't be instantly dismissed on phone. I'm not optimistic about my odds though.

I was successful @ Store #3336 during my lunch outing (obtained Folklore and LA Noire :ps3:) and I think I realized my faux pas this morning:
I never gave the clerk my SYWR card. I think this is why Singularity :360: was not coming up free.
I did have to explain to the electronics manager though that my $40 in points and my $15 gaming coupon would indeed work together. His first attempt to ring me up impeded the use of the coupon for some reason.

its nice to have kmart employees that know their games. the 19.99 games are scattered all over the place, but the guy that worked there knew exactly where metro 2033 was. picked that up along with LANoire. can't wait to play!!

Went to Kmart in North Miami Beach during my lunch break. LAN was nowhere to be found in the glass case. I did however spot Metro 2033 in a pile of games messily stacked at the bottom. I asked a worker for help (an older Jamaican lady) and showed her a pic of the game. I told her it just came out today. She said she put all the new games in the case this morning, but they were all Wii games. She went to the back for about 5 minutes and came back carrying a small box filled with LAN. She said "you are the luckiest man in the world." I grabbed Metro and the whole time she was ringing me up, she didn't even notice the deal because she was talking to me. She input my phone number to pull up my rewards account. Walked out with LAN, Metro and $20 coupon for $64.xx. Funny how some of the people working in the electronics department are completely clueless about games. But despite that, the old lady was very very nice, and it was a great experience.

[quote name='duran603'] Funny how some of the people working in the electronics department are completely clueless about games. [/QUOTE]

Don't you mean almost all? :lol: Seriously every k-mart I even been to has clueless employees when it comes to electronics/games.

So even if the MyKmartGamer blog is clearly referenced (logo and all) in their in-store paper ads, they can choose to not honor deals listed on the website?

I had a nightmarish experience at my Kmart store in Upstate NY. First it took about 30 minutes of waiting to get someone to open the game cabinet, then she rang me up for $83 with Alpha Protocol as my free game. I explained the deal to her and after another 20 minutes of waiting they were able to print the coupon, but it wouldn't apply to the $19.97 game. More waiting, then they saw on the coupon the deal said 5/22-5/29 or something even though I showed them the Kmart blog on my phone.

Now I have to come back on Sunday to get my $20 back for purchasing Alpha Protocol, which I'm sure will be a nightmare since neither of the associates said they'd be there but they'd let someone know. Plus, I can't tell if they even gave me the $20 in credit.

At least I got my game...

[quote name='plasmid123']So even if the MyKmartGamer blog is clearly referenced (logo and all) in their in-store paper ads, they can choose to not honor deals listed on the website?[/QUOTE]I would assume they have to honor all deals, but then again sometimes managers can be complete idiots when it comes to these things.

I can't even get my K-Mart (store #4286) electronics department to pick up the phone after waiting 5 minutes to see if they have L.A. Noire and Resonance of Fate (either system) in stock.

I've loved the deals Kmart has been doing lately, but between my backlog being huge, and the staff at the local store being dodgy, I've been avoiding the deals for a while.

I heard about the LA Noire deal though, and realized I could potentially get a free copy of Enslaved out of it, so I went to give the store a shot today.

So, I'm here to very happily say that my local store got some new hires that were very polite and helpful despite their registers being partially down for an unrelated reason. It took a little while, but I was able to track down Enslaved (360) and L.A. Noire (PS3). I gave the cashier my rewards card and my card and I got a coupon and my games.

Suffice to say, I'm very happy with my experience at Store 7366. Except for the fact that now that I'm looking at it, I didn't get Enslaved free. I guess I was in such a rush (again, ran over there during lunch hour) and so chatty, I didn't pay attention to the pad when I signed for it.

So, I'm not pissed or anything. I'll return it if I have to. But is Enslaved (360) not part of the deal? It's $19.99 on my receipt, and my rewards card was scanned in and everything, so I don't know what could have gone wrong here.

Stock-Boy or anyone else who's gotten in on this deal: do you know if the LA Noire deal will work with HAWX 2 for the PS3? What about Orange Box for the 360?

[quote name='Miro']Stock-Boy or anyone else who's gotten in on this deal: do you know if the LA Noire deal will work with HAWX 2 for the PS3? What about Orange Box for the 360?[/QUOTE]

Is either game 19.99 or less?

[quote name='confoosious']Is either game 19.99 or less?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but as stock-boy mentioned, not all 19.99 or below titles were made accessible for the deal. I've been monitoring the reports of success and neither game has been mentioned.

[quote name='1020chase']i would if there was one closer to me (from Meade County) but these deals have been too good to pass up as of late[/QUOTE]
I hear ya. Glad the deal is working in E-Town - I assumed it would - I haven't had a problem with them, and Julie in the electronics department is great. I will miss it when I move out of state next month.

[quote name='Miro']Yes, but as stock-boy mentioned, not all 19.99 or below titles were made accessible for the deal. I've been monitoring the reports of success and neither game has been mentioned.[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't work, pay anyway and email your receipt to Josh and it will be corrected eventually and quickly.

sweet
store 4707 had a table out with some clearances games that were pretty good.

asked a lady if they got la noire, she said they got a game like northern something but she said she would look. they had it so I grabbed metro 2033 and enslaved as well

had trouble using my $60 in coupons but she typed them in and it was all good!

3 games ( 1 new release!) and a $20 coupon all for $20!

love kmart! thanks Josh for all the badassness!

[quote name='Miro']Yes, but as stock-boy mentioned, not all 19.99 or below titles were made accessible for the deal. I've been monitoring the reports of success and neither game has been mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Only the nintendo selects don't work. The rest is either user or store level screw up.

Alex at Store 3018 was very knowledgeable and helpful. He knew about the free game, to make sure I used my SYWR card, everything! Always happy when it goes without a hitch. LA Noire and Alpha Protocol and $20 coupon for $59.99 plus tax? Can't beat that deal. Thanks again Josh and the Kmart team.

Love these deals, but seems pretty smart to wait till tomorrow to buy in. Hopefully some more computer rebooting will solve things.

I just called my local Kmart in Poughkeepsie NY and they said that the game was not in stock after being put on hold for 5 minutes. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have it by this time in the afternoon. They were aware of Kmartgamer.com and said that if the deal was on there that they would honor it, which is good.

[quote name='confoosious']Only the nintendo selects don't work. The rest is either user or store level screw up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Wish I could, if I had that list we wouldn't have issues right now...it's kind of just as I'm finding them. Notable ones though are the 4 Nintendo Selects, Alan Wake (was price protected to $19.99 between when I submitted the list and now), Madden 10, NCAA Football 10, Dragon Age Origins, Nier.[/QUOTE]

That gives me an impression there might be other titles not included.

Just got back from K-mart. $20 coupon printed and I got the free 19.99 game. I was hoping for Gears 2 GOTY or Enslaved, but didn't see either. Ended up going with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Paid ~$50 out the door since I had a $15 coupon leftover from Portal Kombat. Good deals.

[quote name='caponesgun']If it doesn't work, pay anyway and email your receipt to Josh and it will be corrected eventually and quickly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']Only the nintendo selects don't work. The rest is either user or store level screw up.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I guess Enslaved has to be part of the deal then, since it rung up at $19.99. I'll take a picture of my receipt and email it to Josh then. Thanks everyone for the info.

[quote name='ShadowWolf9']I had a nightmarish experience at my Kmart store in Upstate NY. First it took about 30 minutes of waiting to get someone to open the game cabinet, then she rang me up for $83 with Alpha Protocol as my free game. I explained the deal to her and after another 20 minutes of waiting they were able to print the coupon, but it wouldn't apply to the $19.97 game. More waiting, then they saw on the coupon the deal said 5/22-5/29 or something even though I showed them the Kmart blog on my phone.

Now I have to come back on Sunday to get my $20 back for purchasing Alpha Protocol, which I'm sure will be a nightmare since neither of the associates said they'd be there but they'd let someone know. Plus, I can't tell if they even gave me the $20 in credit.

At least I got my game...[/QUOTE]

Unless i'm misunderstanding your post, you're misunderstanding the deal.

You should not be trying to apply the coupon to the 19.97 game. That is not how this works.

You should be buying LA Noire and the game together, and you will get the 19.97 game for free AND get the $20 coupon.

That $20 coupon will not activate until next week, and is for use on a completely different gaming purchase.

So, the problem you are having is not that the coupon wouldn't work on your cheap game, but that the cheap game did not ring up for free.

Email josh (his email is in the first post) and provide your receipt id and he'll sort you out.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']wo wo wo! did we get a bonus with la noire!?!? some kind of bonus car or something inside! lol[/QUOTE]

Every store got that, certain retailers had other bonus materials. My Wal-Mart purchase had a car and the bonus traffic case via DLC. But I believe all games came with the car.

Got our copy of LA Noir today. Management was unaware of the deal (or what the game was called... He called the game "Lanore" LoL), but he took my word for it and it was honored. Initially, it didn't look like the game was in stock, but Josh to the rescue almost instantly and all worked out fine with our free game of RoF. Also was told to apply for a job at the electronics department, LoL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back