SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant Deal , Went through a tsunami to get to the K . Deal went smoother than a baby's backside. No probs on getting the free game and coupon . Josh you my friend are like a savings superhero ! keep it up !

[quote name='usickenme']I am assuming the card isn't necessarily needed as long as you have the your member #?[/QUOTE]

yup, member # or phone # or (i believe) ur email

[quote name='usickenme']I am assuming the card isn't necessarily needed as long as you have the your member #?[/QUOTE]

Phone number*

[quote name='ShadowWolf9']That's the store I went to at around 12PM. See my above post for the bad experience I had. They did have the game in stock, however. The guy had to go in the back to get it.[/QUOTE]

Did you have success with the deal? And was it the Kmart by the mall?

EDIT: nvm..i read your post. I'm not waiting until sunday.

I tried to ring everything up and got nothing but a hassle about getting the free game. I called the kmart thats a little farther away and asked if they had LA Noire in and if they knew about KmartGamer.com and the deal going on which he did so I will be heading over there but next time I'm just gonna stick to either BestBuy Pre Order or Amazon's as I never get a hassle with them. I get that these arn't in the print ads but why have them if it's going to be hit or miss about who honors them. I understand I can send him my receipt and get reimbursed but I would still be out the 20$ until then.

It has become way more of a hassle than a 20$ game is worth when I should have gotten the 20$ from Bestbuy plus there pre order bonuses and called it a day. Sorry man I have be telling everyone I know about the deals I see here but not anymore. I don't wanna send anyone on some wild hunt for a deal they may or may not get.

I went to store 9527 and had a little trouble getting the L.A. Noire deal to work. After totaling everything up it wasn't making the 19.99 game free. I was using a $15 coupon from a previous deal so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. I told the cashier about the deal on kmartgamer so she called the manager. There was supposed to be a sheet by the register with the weekly deals on it but she couldn't find it. A few minutes later the manager came out with another printout. The deal was on the sheet so they did a little voodoo and got the correct price to ring up. The coupon printed out fine. I checked the receipt to see what they did and it has bottle dep return for 19.99 on it. :lol:

I'm just glad they were nice about it and helped me get the advertised deal.

Thanks again for the great deals Josh! :applause:

Jeff

[quote name='zapruder']I just skimmed this thread because of information overload, and I didn't find my question answered in the last couple pages.

The closet Kmart is 60 miles away, so I won't be driving there. Is the $20 gaming coupon in-store only? Based on what I read, I was under the impression that the coupon was for any purchase (online or in-store) but that the free game was in-store only. If someone could clarify this before I make a purchase, that'd be swell. Even though Jim's a great guy to deal with, I'd rather not have to email back and forth post-purchase if possible.

Thanks for not reaming me for my ignorance, guys.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone answer this question? Pages of, "wow guys! It worked!" are burying this and I need to know before I just say Shaq-Fu it and buy the game at Best Buy.

[quote name='jedijeff']I went to store 9527 and had a little trouble getting the L.A. Noire deal to work. After totaling everything up it wasn't making the 19.99 game free. I was using a $15 coupon from a previous deal so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. I told the cashier about the deal on kmartgamer so she called the manager. There was supposed to be a sheet by the register with the weekly deals on it but she couldn't find it. A few minutes later the manager came out with another printout. The deal was on the sheet so they did a little voodoo and got the correct price to ring up. The coupon printed out fine. I checked the receipt to see what they did and it has bottle dep return for 19.99 on it. :lol:

I'm just glad they were nice about it and helped me get the advertised deal.

Thanks again for the great deals Josh! :applause:

Jeff[/QUOTE]
My situation is exactly like that. However the mangement on my end wouldn't help make the deal go through. Nice to hear it work for you though.

just registered to post that the deal worked in somerset, nj. i got the coupon, resonance of fate for free and it totaled to $64

Thanks for the deal

I told my friend about the L.A. Noire deal, and it is the first time he's going to Kmart to take advantage of the coupons. Since I am unclear myself (I live in Canada, so there are no Kmart's here anymore), what does he need to do, other than sign up for Shop Your Rewards? Do they e-mail him something? Or does he just bring L.A. Noire and a $20 game to the counter, and it'll ring up for $59.99 (plus tax) and he'll get the $20 gaming coupon?

Thanks, any info clarifying things is appreciated. He went to Kmart earlier today, but they had no stock of L.A. Noire put out yet.

[quote name='zapruder']Can anyone answer this question? Pages of, "wow guys! It worked!" are burying this and I need to know before I just say Shaq-Fu it and buy the game at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

The KMARTGamer blog says in-store purchase.

From the blog post:

"From Tuesday, May 17th through the 21st, Shop Your Way Reward members will receive a $20 gaming coupon good towards a future purchase of gaming products at Kmart. The bonus offer is that you can also receive any one $19.99 or less game free with every in-store purchase of L.A. Noire for $59.99 (Xbox 360, PS3) as well."

Deal also worked in Columbus, OH using my SYWR card. Picked-up LA & Punchout, Punchout rang-up free, used a $15 coupon, received a new $20 coupon.

No complaints.....

Experience in Store #7018 went well, picked up LA Noire/Eternal Sonata/Super Hero Squad:Infinite Gauntlet for $37 and got the coupon with the receipt.

Took awhile to get the game and check out but that's because of the customer in front of me that wanted to check out in electronics with lawn chairs and shampoo. If only Josh could do something about the slow customers. :)

Thanks again Josh, I'll be back next week for Dirt 3 more than likely. Oh and do we know what kind of deal we are going to get for Alice yet?

[quote name='NoMeDigas']The KMARTGamer blog says in-store purchase.

From the blog post:

"From Tuesday, May 17th through the 21st, Shop Your Way Reward members will receive a $20 gaming coupon good towards a future purchase of gaming products at Kmart. The bonus offer is that you can also receive any one $19.99 or less game free with every in-store purchase of L.A. Noire for $59.99 (Xbox 360, PS3) as well."[/QUOTE]
This does not answer my question in any way, shape, or form. I am asking about the gaming coupon, not the free game. There's nothing on Kmart's website that suggests an online purchase will grant me the coupon. I have a $25 GC that I was planning on applying toward this purchase. As I stated upthread, I'm not even remotely close to a Kmart and must make the purchase online.

What's all the more frustrating about my store telling me they didn't have it was that the guy said if I had the UPC he could check the system to see and then he could check the back again. I KNOW it's somewhere in the back yet he has to see that on the screen before making another effort? Now I know what everyone feels like that has been complaining about this for so long.

[quote name='zapruder']There's nothing on Kmart's website that suggests an online purchase will grant me the coupon.[/QUOTE]

You found your answer right there.

[quote name='zapruder']Can anyone answer this question? Pages of, "wow guys! It worked!" are burying this and I need to know before I just say Shaq-Fu it and buy the game at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Not that I have the right answer, but I understand the frustration when a legitimate question gets buried. Josh (SHC Gamer) has said in the past that he is not very fond of the way .com handles the coupons and a revamp is coming at some point.

With that said, I just checked KMarts site and it looks to me (under special offers) that the $20 coupon is not being offered online (only see $0.99 shipping) and that neither the PS3 or 360 version is available for shipping at this time anyway. I know this is the KMart thread, and I have taken advantage of many of their amazing deals in the past, but if you do not have a KMart in reasonable driving distance, I would say to choose another store in this case even if the deal is not as good.

If someone with more knowledge is able to answer this question and I am completely wrong, please go ahead.

[quote name='zapruder']This does not answer my question in any way, shape, or form. I am asking about the gaming coupon, not the free game. There's nothing on Kmart's website that suggests an online purchase will grant me the coupon. I have a $25 GC that I was planning on applying toward this purchase. As I stated upthread, I'm not even remotely close to a Kmart and must make the purchase online.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I misunderstood your concern. Ask Josh on Facebook. He's been pretty quick on replying today. He replied to me really fast.

I don't have a Facebook account. Suppose I'll email Josh or Jim and see if they can answer me in the next day or so. They were great about making good on a flub I had previously, and I feel like rewarding them for this unprecedented level of community outreach.

I felt bad enough sending an email w/ my receipt and issue getting Enslaved for free to Josh, and now I double-check and it seems my phone/Gmail sent the email to him three times.

So if you read this Josh, sorry for spamming your inbox. :/

Got my L.A.Noire today with free game and coupon. Something happened that scared me a bit.......thought I'd pass it to any of you that are having problems with the discaount not coming off on the "free" game......

YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE CLERK HAS SWIPED YOUR REWARDS CARD FIRST.

I had him ring up both games and total was over $80. Then he swiped my rewards card and the free game discount showed up.

i got Singularity for my free game......I thought it still came with the free PROTOTYPE offer but it seems to have expired last year.

[quote name='zapruder']This does not answer my question in any way, shape, or form. I am asking about the gaming coupon, not the free game. There's nothing on Kmart's website that suggests an online purchase will grant me the coupon. I have a $25 GC that I was planning on applying toward this purchase. As I stated upthread, I'm not even remotely close to a Kmart and must make the purchase online.[/QUOTE]

In store coupons can only be used... In store.

Alright - who is the 3rd Memphis CAG hitting the K-mart deals? Everytime i'm in there the employees start talking about problems that they heard that *I* had the last time I was in there (such as coupons not printing, etc).

Apparently myself, vlv, and whoever you are get identified as "That guy that buys all the video games" and they think we are all just one person...

Anyway- 19.99 game didn't ring up right, but the cashier took my word on the deal since "I'm the guy that buys all the video games.", and she marked it down to a penny.

Thanks, Josh & team.

[quote name='sqfuzzy']
Picked up LA Noire and Resonance of Fate PS3. Employees knew about the deal and made sure it rang up properly.

Thanks Josh for all you do it is much appreciated by me![/QUOTE]

Also worked at 4313 in Cedar Rapids south location with Dante's Inferno :ps3:

Deal went perfect today, got la noir, nier, and my coupon for 59.99.
Nier rang up as 19.99 until I swiped my credit card. Then it took it off. Thanks josh

[quote name='TheBiz']Question, I'm going through the following steps but when I get to the "More about me" page, I am not seeing a section for contact preferences. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.
[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='confoosious']In store coupons can only be used... In store.[/QUOTE]
From Tuesday, May 17th through the 21st, Shop Your Way Reward members will receive a $20 gaming coupon good towards a future purchase of gaming products at Kmart.
Nary a mention of it being in-store exclusive. The only place the verbiage "in-store" is used is when referring to the free $20 game.

Went to the Seattle store in Aurora. Everything went smoothly, got the free game and $20 coupon. Actually the $19.99 game (Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box) I chose didn't seem to register, but the clerk seemed to be in the know of this deal and he went out of his way to override it. This guy's a keeper for sure! And thank you yet again, Josh!

Tried to get LA Noire and the last copy of Metro 2033 this morning at the Bridgeville, PA store. The clerk could not unlock the game display so after 20 minutes I left empty handed from another K-Mart deal.

[quote name='zapruder']Nary a mention of it being in-store exclusive. The only place the verbiage "in-store" is used is when referring to the free $20 game.[/QUOTE]

You can believe me or not.

Blah. I got LA Noire and Monster Hunter Tri for Wii, didn't discount Monster Hunter, but it rang up as $19.99.

I bought it anyway (total of $80+tax) and got my coupon - what's the best way to resolve it? Should I email you josh or should I try to haggle with the store? I told them it should be free but they were stuck on believing that you don't get a free $20 game, you get a $20 coupon to use on a $19.99 game and also that the deal was probably online only. (this store's consistent excuse for whenever anything goes wrong)

I don't want to return/rebuy the whole lot.

If i bought an item as filler for a coupon(3ds screen kit), can i safely trade it for a game (Rocket slime!) without losing the coupon or anything? I bought it a week ago, its unopened and i just decided not to get a 3ds quite yet. I'm not trying to game the system or anything, these items are the same price and are not on sale.

[quote name='ssr']I very well could be mistaken so perhaps getting Josh or somebody else who knows from experience to chime in would be more helpful but I do not think something like a component cable will work. I only say that because (like an HDMI cable) they can be used on non-gaming specific things as well. I don't even know that like a gel skin type thing for a wii-mote would qualify.

There's a suggestion for the OPs somewhere: delineate what exactly constitutes a gaming purchase. Accessories, cables, hardware, software, points cards, etc.[/QUOTE]

I was wrong. Josh posted on FB this morning in response to somebody asking.

Hi Josh, can you better clarify what qualifies as "gaming purchase" which can be used as filler towards the $45+$15 coupon? Would a video cable or Wii-mote skin count?

Josh Deane Anything gaming related. Hardware even accessories works. It does not just have to be games!

[quote name='cheesebu']If i bought an item as filler for a coupon(3ds screen kit), can i safely trade it for a game (Rocket slime!) without losing the coupon or anything? I bought it a week ago, its unopened and i just decided not to get a 3ds quite yet. I'm not trying to game the system or anything, these items are the same price and are not on sale.[/QUOTE]

If you're going in with good intentions, I'd say there's no problem. You're not trying to defraud anybody. You're exchanging one item that qualified as a gaming purchase for another item that qualified as a gaming purchase. Just go in with your original receipt and make the exchange. Nobody at the CS desk will likely even think twice about it and if they do, just explain the situation to them. Your coupons and everything will continue to work just fine.

[quote name='jer7583']Blah. I got LA Noire and Monster Hunter Tri for Wii, didn't discount Monster Hunter, but it rang up as $19.99.

I bought it anyway (total of $80+tax) and got my coupon - what's the best way to resolve it? Should I email you josh or should I try to haggle with the store? I told them it should be free but they were stuck on believing that you don't get a free $20 game, you get a $20 coupon to use on a $19.99 game and also that the deal was probably online only. (this store's consistent excuse for whenever anything goes wrong)

I don't want to return/rebuy the whole lot.[/QUOTE]

I'd just email Josh with the a description of the problem and a copy of the receipt. He'll make sure you're taken care of.

It's so hard to keep up with this thread on large release days... But good to hear for the most part, the deal is going off without a hitch. Good job, Josh.

[quote name='confoosious']You can believe me or not.[/QUOTE]
It's not about disbelief, it's about lack of clarity from official sources.

[quote name='zapruder']It's not about disbelief, it's about lack of clarity from official sources.[/QUOTE]

I'm 99% sure that Josh clarified that this entire deal was in-store only fairly recently. My browser at work doesn't let me search his posts but hopefully he will respond to you directly.

[quote name='zapruder']It's not about disbelief, it's about lack of clarity from official sources.[/QUOTE]
I agree it could be a little more clear. But yeah like chriscolbert said I think SHC-Gamer did clarify in a post somewhere that it's in store only.

[quote name='nbballard']Alright - who is the 3rd Memphis CAG hitting the K-mart deals? Everytime i'm in there the employees start talking about problems that they heard that *I* had the last time I was in there (such as coupons not printing, etc).

Apparently myself, vlv, and whoever you are get identified as "That guy that buys all the video games" and they think we are all just one person...

Anyway- 19.99 game didn't ring up right, but the cashier took my word on the deal since "I'm the guy that buys all the video games.", and she marked it down to a penny.

Thanks, Josh & team.[/QUOTE]

Hey ballard I'm a Memphis CAG too and I'm planning to hit up the Austin Peay Kmart in 20 mins. How did you convince the cashier to give you the $20 game for free?

Please e-mail Josh, then, because if you don't want to listen to us dopes, then you're just cluttering the thread as much as the "wow, it works" posts you disdain.

Emily @ 3575 (Madison Heights, MI) was great!
Only issue we ran into was ps3 enslaved not zeroing out, but she worked some magic and the day was saved!

I'm about to head to Kmart to get in on this deal. Wish me luck guys. :lol:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Kmart Savings Coupon Guide:

• Coupons can only be redeemed once. The customer unique barcode will shut down once used. This will free up digital receipt coupons however. They will be able to be used now.
  • Some promotions will require you to be a Shop Your Way Reward member to cut down on potential return fraud.
  • Coupons with different barcodes can be stacked but coupons with the same barcode cannot be stacked
    • Example #1 Halo Reach $25 coupon and Dead Rising 2 $20 coupon can be used on one purchase
    • Example #2 Halo Reach $25 coupon and another Halo Reach $25 coupon cannot be used on one purchase
  • Using a coupon on an item with another coupon offer will not stop the new coupon from printing out
  • The total purchase must at least equal the total value of the coupon pre-tax
  • Generally speaking, Kmart Savings Coupons are valid for 45 days unless otherwise noted
  • They print off on a second receipt at checkout and are available at all Kmart locations.
    • Always check that you have been given your coupon!
  • Sometimes the coupons are valid only for specific platforms or products which are called out specifically on the coupon and advertising vehicle.
  • Multiple coupons will print out at check out, you do not have to do each on separate transactions
    • The exception is when you expect multiple coupons for multiple items from the same promo - in that case, they need to be rung up separately.
    • Gaming coupons are valid on Points/Live/PSN Cards unless otherwise stated in the promotion
  • We do not offer rainchecks on items with coupons.
  • Gaming coupon offers that are in ad are actually available in all locations, even non-circular areas
  • Instant conditional offers with PSN/XBLA cards are also available in all locations, even non-circular areas
  • There is a delay in the activation of the coupon until the following Sunday
    • For example, buy Dead Rising 2 and get a $20 Gaming coupon on Tuesday, the code will not be effective until that Sunday.
  • They are currently not able to be redeemed online
  • Coupons are only redeemable at Kmart
  • There are no limit to coupons issued in store. Stores do not "run out" of them. If the item is instock and is part of a coupon promotion it will print
  • Technically coupons cannot be used on B1GX events. Enforcement varies by store.
  • I cannot help refund a lost or expired coupon unless an action by the store caused a particular issue. We will follow up with the store to ensure the issue is fixed.
Standard language on the gaming coupons:

$XX off regular, sale or clearance priced
gaming purchase in-store of $XX or more (before
taxes and after other discounts have been applied)
in a single transaction. Limit 1 of this coupon
barcode redeemable per transaction. Coupon can be
used with other gaming coupons in the same
transaction. Savings for combined coupons cannot
exceed pre-tax gaming purchase. Not valid on Buy
One, Get One events; non-merchandise; federal or
state regulated items; prior purchases; if acquired
from a non Sears Holdings-approved channel; if
reproduced; and/or, where prohibited by law. Any
other use constitutes fraud. Coupon value applied
and pro-rated across all qualifying items; including
qualifying items purchased in addition to the
minimum requirements or limits and will be deducted
from any refund. Cash value 1/20 of a cent. Valid at
all Kmart store locations.

MyGopher FAQ (Store Pick-up and Delivery):

Shop Your Way Rewards FAQ:

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.
[/QUOTE]

Is this official enough for you.

[quote name='zapruder']Best Buy, here I come, I suppose. A $15 GC is almost as good as a $20 credit and a free game, right?

Right?[/QUOTE]

I read through your recent posts. Are you that dense or trying to troll?

All Kmart deals have always involved coupons that print out at the register. This would seem to indicate that all deals are IN STORE ONLY. Quit being such a dick.

[quote name='muffin1man']Hey ballard I'm a Memphis CAG too and I'm planning to hit up the Austin Peay Kmart in 20 mins. How did you convince the cashier to give you the $20 game for free?[/QUOTE]
Luck, honestly. I told her about the deal on the blog, and she said she wasn't aware of it. She looked in the ad (where it isn't listed), and she just kind of shrugged her shoulders and did it.

I kind of primed them for the deal, and vlv made it sound like they didn't give him any trouble so you should be good to go.

Couldn't hurt to have the blog pulled up on your phone when you get there (the site wouldn't pull up on my phone when I was at the register).

[quote name='The_ZZ']Hmm.. people are having a lot of problems.[/QUOTE]
both the cashier and manager at the KMart in middle village, Queens, told me I have to come back on another day to get the free $19.99 game (enslaved) and that I would have my rewards card credited. Needless to say I emailed kmartgamer and I'm waiting for a reply. I did, however, get the $20 gaming coupon with no problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back