SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
All Kmart deals have always involved coupons that print out at the register.
This isn't true. This is something that's happened in the last three months. Prior to it all being in-store, customers were offered SYWR points and weren't limited to gaming-only purchases. If it's trolling to ask a question nicely and then quote it a few times because people are actively ignoring it, then apparently I live under a bridge. I wasn't persnickety in the slightest until I started getting sassed by other forum users. I even mentioned in my original post that I was ignorant of the ins-and-outs of this deal, and that I couldn't easily glean this information. I don't have time to read 300+ pages of a thread, especially when a lot of it appears to be regurgitations of the same question, over and over. I figured asking for a little help was what this place was all about. Evidently, I was wrong.

I can't seem to get the deal to show up on my rewards page? I tried the steps that were described a page or two back, but there is no check box "to receive special offers via email" as someone described? I signed up last week knowing there would be some good deals coming up but nothing video game related is referenced on my SYWR Offers page?

...Any help would be appreciated, should I have signed up in the store instead of on the website?

I'm not sure if this has been answered. But this morning I saw there was an issue ringing up free for 4 wii games (incl. mario sluggers - which I want). Has it been resolved?

Went to store 3435 (Lincoln&State College, Anaheim, Calif). Saw a GSP-from-MMA-looking guy in line with LA Noir and a 2nd game with a smile on his face. Thought, 'cool, it's gonna go smooth cuz he's getting his'.

Had to look in display cases for the $19.99 game and didn't see the one I wanted (Tales of Vesperia).

Electronics manager Armando was VERY cool and VERY courteous (I know, quite a change from other horror stories on this thread). He had no other customers by the time I approached him (GSP had gone already).

HE DID NOT HEAR OF THE DEAL (gulp!). I wondered what happened to GSP?

He opened up the case and helped me look for TofV for a good 5 minutes. I found Oblivion GOTY and got that instead.

He walked me to the front registers to payout....And to make an already long story short, the transaction wouldn't go through (even entering in my SYWR number first). They even looked through the current circular where, of course, it's not mentioned.

Putting myself in their place, I understand not believing a stranger about a deal that they have no proof to substantiate (and I don't have a smartphone to reference Josh's blog cuz I'm a cheapass). So I just cancelled the whole transaction.:-({|=

Good luck to everyone else. Maybe I'll try later in the week if I feel up to another 30mins of self-flagellation.

Just got back from my local Kmart didn't run into any problems everything went smoothly. I picked up L.A. Noire and Resonance of Fate as the free game, Paid with my $60 in gaming coupons total came up to a penny!!

By the way does anyone know how much Enchanted Arms for Xbox 360 is at Kmart? My Kmart surprisingly still has copies of that game in the game case.

[quote name='harish7447']I'm not sure if this has been answered. But this morning I saw there was an issue ringing up free for 4 wii games (incl. mario sluggers - which I want). Has it been resolved?[/QUOTE]

it is fixed on Josh's end, but registers need rebooting at the store. if they don't reboot, no freebie.

[quote name='zapruder']This isn't true. This is something that's happened in the last three months. Prior to it all being in-store, customers were offered SYWR points and weren't limited to gaming-only purchases. [/QUOTE]

THIS is definitely NOT true. Yes there was a brief period of points being given but before that it was ALL in store printed coupons for gaming items only.

[quote name='zapruder']This isn't true. This is something that's happened in the last three months. Prior to it all being in-store, customers were offered SYWR points and weren't limited to gaming-only purchases. If it's trolling to ask a question nicely and then quote it a few times because people are actively ignoring it, then apparently I live under a bridge. I wasn't persnickety in the slightest until I started getting sassed by other forum users. I even mentioned in my original post that I was ignorant of the ins-and-outs of this deal, and that I couldn't easily glean this information. I don't have time to read 300+ pages of a thread, especially when a lot of it appears to be regurgitations of the same question, over and over. I figured asking for a little help was what this place was all about. Evidently, I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

What you're saying actually isn't true. The SYWR points were a temporary fix to the previous way that the deals were run. Before KMart went to SYWR points, we used the same gaming coupons that we receive now. They printed off at the register and could only be used in-store. It functioned in that fashion for about 10 months before a few really good deals piqued people's interest and they began defrauding the company. KMart switched to SYWR points as a temporary fix to continue giving us the deals until the new (what is currently) coupon system could be rolled out. On our end, it's essentially the same thing it always was. The SYWR was a band-aid that lasted only about 2 months.

Don't count on your free game MY KMART store #7027 refused to include the 19.99 and under game saying that stock is controlled by a third party or some bs. I had my wife go so I didn't hear the exact excuse but we are reward card members and shop at KMART for more than games. I am very disappointed as I was counting on picking up LA NOIRE at BIG K alas the offer was too good to be true.

[quote name='muffin1man']Hey ballard I'm a Memphis CAG too and I'm planning to hit up the Austin Peay Kmart in 20 mins. How did you convince the cashier to give you the $20 game for free?[/QUOTE]

You should be fine. Walked away with LA Noire and Megaman Zero collection without issue before the electronics lady was talking about the issue that Ballard was talking about. Initally, she said it will only work for XBox and PS3 games but told her to try anyway. It took the price off without any issues but remember to use your coupons first before redeeming any SYWR points or else it'll be a hassle to do a total void and redo the whole transaction.

Anyways, I'm thinking if it's a $19.97 game they'll discount, not $19.99....Ballard bought a game at the latter price and Megaman Zero was at the former price.

[quote name='AciDeX']I can't seem to get the deal to show up on my rewards page? I tried the steps that were described a page or two back, but there is no check box "to receive special offers via email" as someone described? I signed up last week knowing there would be some good deals coming up but nothing video game related is referenced on my SYWR Offers page?

...Any help would be appreciated, should I have signed up in the store instead of on the website?[/QUOTE]
kmart.com > login > click on "My profile" > look for the "Email Preferences" tab and click it > check any appropriate boxes and click the "update" button.

As for the deal showing up on your rewards page I dont know what youre talking about, but the deal is, you go to a Kmart store, buy LA Noire + another title $19.99 or below and use your SYWR card when doing so. If you're signed up for SYWR but dont have a card you can give them your phone number instead. At some point when ringing it up the $19.99 or less game should become free and once your receipt prints out a $20 coupon should also print out for you to take.

We need to rename Tuesday for Josh. Give it a more ominous and foreboding title.

This has got to be the one day of the week Josh truly loathes.....

Went fairly smoothly because 2 guys ahead of me got the deal as well but holy hell, absolute shit selection of $19.99 games.

In fact, the whole electronic section was a mess. Now I remember why I don't take advantage of these offers more

Visited the Kmart in Hillsbourgh, NJ today for the LA Noire deal. Rang everything up at the customer service counter after scanning my rewards card. No Luck. May try again later in the week or dare I say it "go to gamestop" jk

hey guys..is there a list of the known clearance games available right now?
Looked around and didn't see anything.
I thought there was going to be a list or atleast a partial one on the blog.
Thanks

[quote name='ShockandAww']kmart.com > login > click on "My profile" > look for the "Email Preferences" tab and click it > check any appropriate boxes and click the "update" button.

As for the deal showing up on your rewards page I dont know what youre talking about, but the deal is, you go to a Kmart store, buy LA Noire + another title $19.99 or below and use your SYWR card when doing so. If you're signed up for SYWR but dont have a card you can give them your phone number instead. At some point when ringing it up the $19.99 or less game should become free and once your receipt prints out a $20 coupon should also print out for you to take.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, from the discussions I've read it sounded like others have been receiving a coupon to print out on the SYWR page. I haven't gotten my card in the mail yet, but I'll try the phone number trick you mentioned.

;)

Worked perfectly for me.

-Got L.A. Noire, + $20 coupon + SOCOM: Confrontation Bundle for $15 after coupon. (1st store did not have Resonance of Fate, so I just got SOCOM since I figure I can easily flip the bundle w/headset on ebay).
-I then went to another store and picked up Resonance of Fate with $15 coupon and $5 SYWR points.

I noticed they had a couple of Warhawk bundles at my store as well. I think next time I go there I might just clear them out of the few Warhawk Bundles and SOCOM bundles lying around (it's actually amazing these are still there). I'm sick of them taking up so much space LOL.

[quote name='jer7583']Blah. I got LA Noire and Monster Hunter Tri for Wii, didn't discount Monster Hunter, but it rang up as $19.99.

I bought it anyway (total of $80+tax) and got my coupon - what's the best way to resolve it? Should I email you josh or should I try to haggle with the store? I told them it should be free but they were stuck on believing that you don't get a free $20 game, you get a $20 coupon to use on a $19.99 game and also that the deal was probably online only. (this store's consistent excuse for whenever anything goes wrong)

I don't want to return/rebuy the whole lot.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes Kmart makes me laugh.

I had a very positive experience first thing this morning. Then I convinced my brother and his girlfriend to buy LA Noire at kmart because of how solid the deal was. He has had problems with getting deals to work before but I think it was because he never had a SYWR card.

Well he ended up buying two copies and paired the first with Metro 2033. It rang up perfectly and printed the coupon. My brother had to use his girlfriends SYWR card because he didn't have one but the cashier said that was fine.

The next transaction he bought LA Noire again and Alan Wake. This time it would not "Comp" Alan Wake even though the game clearly rang up at $19.99. He didn't know what to do so he made the purchase anyway.

Why would the registers work for the two transactions I posted about earlier and then the first transaction my brother made but all of a sudden it wouldn't work with Alan Wake and LA Noire. What's even odder is someone else mentioned purchasing Alan Wake in conjunction with the deal.

I told him aftewards to return the game but I guess he used a $15 coupon he had from buying a points card or something. Should he go back and haggle?

I quoted you jer7583 because i know you're in a similar situation and honestly i haven't had a single problem with a SYWR/Gaming coupon deal. Even having to pay $19.99 for Alan wake it is still a very good deal though.

[quote name='usickenme']Went fairly smoothly because 2 guys ahead of me got the deal as well but holy hell, absolute shit selection of $19.99 games.

In fact, the whole electronic section was a mess. Now I remember why I don't take advantage of these offers more[/QUOTE]

Because you hate saving buttloads of money on new releases? You actually sound angry you got this deal to work.

[quote name='apocrypha']Don't count on your free game MY KMART store #7027 refused to include the 19.99 and under game saying that stock is controlled by a third party or some bs. I had my wife go so I didn't hear the exact excuse but we are reward card members and shop at KMART for more than games. I am very disappointed as I was counting on picking up LA NOIRE at BIG K alas the offer was too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

The deal is not "too good to be true"..

Plenty of people got the deal and you would have too if you would have settled down for a moment and emailed josh your receipt.

Just picked up Wolfenstein and LA Noire at my other local Kmart. The clerk was much more helpful although there were still problems. The free game was not ringing up but if I chose another game it did. I didn't really want a copy of infinite undiscovery so I asked for them to help me get it with the game I actually wanted.

They had a manager come over and discount LA Noire for 20$ and all was well. Still really has hurt my image of Kmart as reliable with there deals.

[quote name='zapruder']This isn't true. This is something that's happened in the last three months. Prior to it all being in-store, customers were offered SYWR points and weren't limited to gaming-only purchases. If it's trolling to ask a question nicely and then quote it a few times because people are actively ignoring it, then apparently I live under a bridge. I wasn't persnickety in the slightest until I started getting sassed by other forum users. I even mentioned in my original post that I was ignorant of the ins-and-outs of this deal, and that I couldn't easily glean this information. I don't have time to read 300+ pages of a thread, especially when a lot of it appears to be regurgitations of the same question, over and over. I figured asking for a little help was what this place was all about. Evidently, I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

I answered your question and you wouldn't accept it. :roll: because I wasn't an official source. So basically you wanted an answer from Josh. If that was the case why didn't you just email him instead of polluting this thread with your nonsense?

[quote name='memphissheik']hey guys..is there a list of the known clearance games available right now?
Looked around and didn't see anything.
I thought there was going to be a list or atleast a partial one on the blog.
Thanks[/QUOTE]
Post 9 in this thread has the newest list of drops.

I know Dragon Quest V and Ghost Trick for DS were also in the last drop. Dont remember anything else.

[quote name='usickenme']Went fairly smoothly because 2 guys ahead of me got the deal as well but holy hell, absolute shit selection of $19.99 games.

In fact, the whole electronic section was a mess. Now I remember why I don't take advantage of these offers more[/QUOTE]

yea, everything went smoothly for me in the Redwood City store. Other than the god awful selection of $20 games.... :/

Best two choices there were Dante's Inferno and Red Faction

Once again, no problems in Valencia, CA at store opening. The LA Noire games were ready, and I got my copy of Super Hero Squad with no problems at all. I only had to spend about $16.

Thanks again, Josh. It sounds like you have lots of problems out there, and I always want to make sure you hear when things go the way you hope they will.

sorry the quote from my local KMART was "ALL OF OUR $20 AND UNDER GAMES ARE PRIVATE LABEL" Josh can you tell me what "PRIVATE LABEL" means in this case and why I can't get my free game with LANOIRE from KMART store 7027

Went well this morning, got L.A. Noire with the Buzz Quiz tv bundle (used $15 gaming coupon) for $47 but no coupon! The lady hit the button to have the receipt e-mailed to me. I just checked and the $20 gaming coupon is in my email.

Josh, Can we print the email with coupon and (in theory) it will be honored at kmart?

Thanks, Jeff

[quote name='apocrypha']sorry the quote from my local KMART was "ALL OF OUR $20 AND UNDER GAMES ARE PRIVATE LABEL" Josh can you tell me what "PRIVATE LABEL" means in this case and why I can't get my free game with LANOIRE from KMART store 7027[/QUOTE]

It means: "we're making shit up"

Went to my local Kmart and got shut down for LA Noir. I asked them for the game and they said they hadn't received them yet. I asked them if they could double check the back and they said they were sure they didn't have them. I had to leave empty handed, also fired off an email to Josh and Stockboy about the store.

[quote name='zapruder']This isn't true. This is something that's happened in the last three months. Prior to it all being in-store, customers were offered SYWR points and weren't limited to gaming-only purchases. [/QUOTE]

Please don't feign knowledge on the subject when you're wrong.

Outside of Call of Duty: Black Ops (where there was an embargo on Coupons/Gift Card deals) and the short time in January/February when the whole system had to be shut down because people were printing out their e-receipts... gaming deals for the last 12-14 months have involved receipts printed out at the register.

If you joined (which judging by your info, is not true) after the e-receipt scandal, I can see you confusion... but even then the deals involving free games or free with purchase items were in-store only. Given your comment here, I'll assume your first deal was Marvel Vs. Capcom (one of the last SYWR card deals before the coupons returned and the only major release during the issues) and forgive you for this. Further, the SYWR card didn't exist when these deals started.

[quote name='zapruder']If it's trolling to ask a question nicely and then quote it a few times because people are actively ignoring it, then apparently I live under a bridge. I wasn't persnickety in the slightest until I started getting sassed by other forum users. I even mentioned in my original post that I was ignorant of the ins-and-outs of this deal, and that I couldn't easily glean this information. I don't have time to read 300+ pages of a thread, especially when a lot of it appears to be regurgitations of the same question, over and over. I figured asking for a little help was what this place was all about. Evidently, I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

In the FIRST POSTS it is indicated that a coupon is printed at the register; how in the WORLD do you expect this to be anything other than in store? The directions in the FIRST POSTS indicate to MAKE SURE THE CASHIER HANDS YOU THE RECEIPT.

confoosious did a great job of answering your questions and pointing out the items in the main threads by the OP. If you are still not able to properly glean the information:

(1) Offers are almost always for in-store purchases. There have been select times during the history of the promotions were offers worked Online, but those were exceptions and/or due to system issues or ways to circumvent embargoes by the game publishers (Activision).
(2) Gaming Coupons refer to receipt print out that are given in a Kmart store, at the register after your order is completed.
(3) Current deals require a ShopYourWay Rewards Card and a valid e-mail address.
(4) Current deals generally are limited to 1 or 2 per account.
(5) With the LA Noire promotion, there are some games under $20 that have some UPC issues. These games should be taken with the system update tomorrow (Wednesday) if the local store reboots their registers.
(6) If you have an issue and the $19.99 game is not credited, please use the e-mail address contact for JOSH DEANE listed in the second or third post. Josh asks for specific information in order to help you with the transaction problem and generally responds within 2-3 business days.

[quote name='aznhero913']We need to rename Tuesday for Josh. Give it a more ominous and foreboding title.

This has got to be the one day of the week Josh truly loathes.....[/QUOTE]

"Awwwwsonofabitchday"

Just got my copy@ the North Hollywood Kmart store4421. Talk about a good experience, I couldn't find metro 2033 but Edgar had the price scanner handy and away we went checking to see which games were $19.99. Long story short, LA Noir, Alan Wake, $60. I used the $45 and $15 coupons total came out to zero. Oh and I got the new $20 coupon. Thanks Josh and sch crew. There were some technical difficulties, but not anything the guys weren't happy to help and figure out. Peace

Deal worked for me I got L.A. Noire, Ghostbusters and my $20 coupon all for a grand total of 1.10 :)

Only slight problem was it was a bitch to find clearance games, none of them were out and I'm sure there were a ton I did not see because they hide them as far back in the glass cases as possible for some reason. I'm happy with Ghostbusters but it would have been nice if I could actually have browsed all of the clearance games.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Is resonance of fate a lock to be19.99 ? The stocker at my store is saying 59.99[/QUOTE]

Yes. Don't believe stickers.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Update to this comment I made...

IT has confirmed they have added these items/UPCs to the list and they will be active tomorrow. However I do believe the stores may have to reboot their registers for this new UPC list to activate. I apologize for the mistake on the front end everyone.[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake is confirmed NOT to work....?

that makes sense now.

[quote name='cancerman1120']THIS is definitely NOT true. Yes there was a brief period of points being given but before that it was ALL in store printed coupons for gaming items only.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the coverage cancerman1120. Didn't get to respond before you got to him (I did eventually), but there was the e-receipt fiasco that basically shut down the deals for January and limited them in February to basically Dragon Quest and Marvel Vs. Capcom.

Outside of the shutdown, the ONLY time points were given or online could have possibly worked was COD: Black Ops when Activision pitched a fit about the price wars between stores and then places like Amazon and Kmart found ways to do it ANYWAY.

Kmart FTW LOL Ip picked up la noire and lucha libra as my free game.

They had all these big wigs reorganizing the game section floor. It was one of those the bosses are involved moments. Transaction was smooth pleasant. Great deal

Went to a store in Seattle, and the deal went through with no problems. The sales associate knew about the promotion, and all of the $20 or less games were laid out in front. The selection was mediocre at best, but can't complain for free. Picked up L.A. Noire, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (yes, I know about the DLC being cut off), and an Xbox Live card so I could use both of my coupons from the Mortal Kombat deal.

Yeah thanks everyone. Resonance of Fate worked great for me. FYI (probably mentioned) Resonance of fate ps3 gets 16.25 trade in at Amazon

[quote name='zapruder']This does not answer my question in any way, shape, or form. I am asking about the gaming coupon, not the free game. There's nothing on Kmart's website that suggests an online purchase will grant me the coupon. I have a $25 GC that I was planning on applying toward this purchase. As I stated upthread, I'm not even remotely close to a Kmart and must make the purchase online.[/QUOTE]

In case all the other posts weren't clear, then you're SOL.

Best trip to Kmart ever, for me. First, there was actually somebody in the electronics department, I didn't have to hunt anybody down. I got L.A Noire (X360), Punch-Out!! (free game, marked $19.97) and a $20 gaming coupon. Rang up without a hitch. I'll be back there on Sunday to get No More Heroes 2 w/ the coupon. Pretty awesome haul for $64.xx.

[quote name='anaconda2']Best trip to Kmart ever, for me. First, there was actually somebody in the electronics department, I didn't have to hunt anybody down. I got L.A Noire (X360), Punch-Out!! (free game, marked $19.97) and a $20 gaming coupon. Rang up without a hitch. I'll be back there on Sunday to get No More Heroes 2 w/ the coupon. Pretty awesome haul for $64.xx.[/QUOTE]

Aww, damn. If I'd known Punch-Out was on sale...

Well, I'm happy with Wario Land any way. :)

[quote name='MikeE021286']Yeah thanks everyone. Resonance of Fate worked great for me. FYI (probably mentioned) Resonance of fate ps3 gets 16.25 trade in at Amazon[/QUOTE]

Jesus that's more than I paid for it on amazon. Thanks.

I do not think I am going to do this type of deal in the future again. The system is pretty good outside of the manual entry issue of what stock boy confirmed below (just a few titles missing that will be available tomorrow) but either through customer/associate error this just seems too hard to pull off.

I mean for the most part everything seems alright, there enough confirmations of the deal across multiple areas and sku's that I am perfectly comfortable reflecting that this is working as it should, yet my email is almost beyond reasonably full.

So I know the biggest thing is communication but really there couldn't have been more done to communicate it down from what I'm seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back