SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Dojo']Just got my copy@ the North Hollywood Kmart store4421. Talk about a good experience, I couldn't find metro 2033 but Edgar had the price scanner handy and away we went checking to see which games were $19.99. Long story short, LA Noir, Alan Wake, $60. I used the $45 and $15 coupons total came out to zero. Oh and I got the new $20 coupon. Thanks Josh and sch crew. There were some technical difficulties, but not anything the guys weren't happy to help and figure out. Peace[/QUOTE]

I went here too! Edgar was really friendly worker willing to help customers at all cost!

[quote name='DPsycho']Can we send Mortal Kombat T-shirts to the people asking whether they're allowed to perform return fraud? Seems to me they need some punches to the face.
[/QUOTE]

:lol: Nice callback!

Did anyone have success in using the $15 and $45 gaming coupons with the L.A. Noire + free game deal? The cashier said the coupons cannot be used with "buy one get one" deals and refused to scan the coupons. He called the manager over and she said the same thing. I just could not convince them otherwise, and I even tried to drop Josh's name =P

Plus, the price of Fallout 3 wasn't quite what was listed on the front page here. It was $19.99 instead of $14.99. Was that a pricing mistake?

[quote name='jok5tr']Did anyone have success in using the $15 and $45 gaming coupons with the L.A. Noire + free game deal? The cashier said the coupons cannot be used with "buy one get one" deals and refused to scan the coupons. He called the manager over and she said the same thing. I just could not convince them otherwise, and I even tried to drop Josh's name =P

Plus, the price of Fallout 3 wasn't quite what was listed on the front page here. It was $19.99 instead of $14.99. Was that a pricing mistake?[/QUOTE]

They work fine if they bother to scan them in. Unfortunately employees are enforcing their own policies too much. I had an employee fight the issue saying you can only use 1 coupon per transaction among other claims. My manager fortunately allowed them to be scanned to see if they work, which of course they did.

Email Josh and he'll make things better or there will be some busted knee caps.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Not in particular.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think ROF is fantastic. It suffers from one major flaw -- the tutorial is absolutely awful for a game with so much depth, especially in the combat system.

The story is not particularly good -- it's all about the gameplay (well, battle and exploration system since it's an rpg).

[quote name='Dnell']WHAT GOOD GAMES ON CLEARANCE? Only got a few fire emblems, mario srikers, and wario smooth moves[/QUOTE]

so we're supposed to help you out so you can clean out all the local kmarts of the good games and resell them?

hmmm... that doesn't sound like a good idea to me?

by the way, was your signature gif created with MS Paint for Windows 3.1?

Went back for a second try after work since I wasn't sure on the specifics of the deal and the cashier in electronics told me I needed a printed out coupon for it to work.

The guy that was in electronics that was able to help me this evening was more than happy to try ringing up LAN and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to see if it worked and it rang up just fine after they put my phone number into the register. $20 dollar off coupon printed out and everything, can't complain at this deal at all!

On a side note, LAN is three disks? Holy crap! I read some reviews saying that the game is kinda short, is all the data in the textures/ audio they used or what?

[quote name='Dnell']WHAT GOOD GAMES ON CLEARANCE? Only got a few fire emblems, mario srikers, and wario smooth moves[/QUOTE]

Any of the Imagine DS games are pretty awesome.

wife got it to work smoothly at the sandy portland store. picked me up LA Noire and ROF (I had it before but wanted it again) with no problem. Yennifer was at the register -- she is consistently amazing, my wife even commented on how great she was. ROF was marked 59.99, of course, but rang up correctly.

The Burbank KMart was highly knowledgeable about the deal. I heard them talking about it as I walked in, and they knew some games would not ring up correctly as free under the deal; they were price correcting them without even being told to. Everyone was extremely accomodating and helpful, and rest assured I will return to that store next week to use my coupon.

FYI This store has always been great in executing promotions, and I've never had a problem but once, when Valkyria Chronicles 2 was out of stock the week it was supposed to come in (I got it later that week at sale price).

Definately the Icarly games and cheer games for DS/Wii. Those resell for a ton and are highly sought after. Grab those up fast.

Great experience for me at my local Kmart. The CS rep had the game ready at the counter at 8 AM and actually told me about the deal unprompted when I asked for LA Noire (as if I didn't know already). Things are seeming to turn around at the big K.

Any plans for an awesome inFamous 2 deal?

[quote name='AciDeX']Holy crap! I read some reviews saying that the game is kinda short[/QUOTE]
How short is that?

Anyway, L.A. Noire is probably my favorite game released this year. I suck so much at interviewing people. It's like, "...You're lying!!!"

"What!? You're crazy!"

(clicks restart)

My brother ended up getting the Kmart deal, and I went ahead with my BB preorder since the selection was terrible at the Kmart we went to. My brother wanted a Ps3 version of LA Noire too, but the employee at Kmart said they were running into some issue if he gets the free game on a different format. Not sure if that's true since I see post reporting of Wii games for free. Is it me or does Kmart and even TRU have a lot of Bakugan. Chaotic: Warrior Shadow, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire game?

[quote name='AciDeX']Went back for a second try after work since I wasn't sure on the specifics of the deal and the cashier in electronics told me I needed a printed out coupon for it to work.

The guy that was in electronics that was able to help me this evening was more than happy to try ringing up LAN and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to see if it worked and it rang up just fine after they put my phone number into the register. $20 dollar off coupon printed out and everything, can't complain at this deal at all!

On a side note, LAN is three disks? Holy crap! I read some reviews saying that the game is kinda short, is all the data in the textures/ audio they used or what?[/QUOTE]
LA Noire was originally 6 discs. Team Bondi had to work really hard to fit it onto three.

[quote name='Arakias']You cant use coupons printed out on normal paper from my understanding.

Also, definitely having some issues with this I heard. Maybe the free games have to be clearance titles only? Like ending in .97 and not .99 games?[/QUOTE]

Not true, as far as I've been told. My deal went through today, but I didn't get a physical coupon, just a digital $20 coupon in my email. Josh said there should be no problem redeeming the coupon with the digital receipt from my email. What else would I print it on... tree bark? The SYWR system is even running a giveaway right now for users who sign up for e-receipts ONLY!!

[quote name='bobdaman18'] The girl at the register said no and pulled out 2 flyers and they started looking for it. I told them that I had already looked at the flyer and that it wasn't in there but i then recalled hearing that there could be a problem getting it to work if you don't put in the rewards information first. The supervisor said "uh huh" and they both continued looking in the flyer.

After they found it they told me it wasn't on sale. I explained that my buddy who works there had actually done it earlier for himself and if they called him over he could probably show them what they were doing wrong. The supervisor replied with a "mmmm" and asked where i saw this deal i was talking about and whether it was on their website. I told her that I saw it on a forum but the poster was supposedly from corporate and the deals that were posted their had worked for me before. I told her I knew that It doesn't show up on their regular website but I didn't know how to get to find wherever the official listing of the deal was (i didn't think showing her the cag forum would persuade her).[/QUOTE]

It actually WAS in the flyer... kind of.

The KMARTGamer.com blog (which is part of the KMART Web site... literally at http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/tags/Kmartgamer) was listed right on the top of this week's circular, right at the top of the video game section. THAT'S where they they needed to look as that is where the deal was advertised. It says to visit KMARTGamer.com for "exclusive in-store offers."

See below:

Grabbed LA Noire along with Enslaved. Tack on the $20 coupon and I think it was an awesome deal.

As for the game, I spent the last couple hours fiddling with it:

- Why are people groaning over the car controls? It's the same as it's been in any GTA game--not great, but learnable.
- Investigating is a LOT harder than I thought it would be. It plays off at first like it's going to be really easy (earlier characters have VERY exaggerated looks) but it gets progressively more difficult to the point where you can lose out on questions and potential leads.
- I like that there are multiple ways to solve the mystery and the grade you get at the end provides a glimpse of what you could have done differently. I think I may go back and play cases--interesting method for replayability.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Down to about 120; cranking through them.[/QUOTE]

Daaaamn, I didn't know you get that many. I wonder how many you get of just straight bitching. I sent one about not getting Iron Man 2 for free, but take your time responding, I'm in no rush.

Deal worked perfectly at Kmart #7583 with getting a free copy of The Simpsons Game for :360:. I've been waiting for this ONE single remaining copy in all of the Iowa stores I've been to to go down below $15 for 4 years, so yay for Josh! Thanks for a good deal. Gonna check some other stores later this week to try to find a copy of Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows to spend my remaining $15 coupon on, otherwise a points card.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Daaaamn, I didn't know you get that many. I wonder how many you get of just straight bitching. I sent one about not getting Iron Man 2 for free, but take your time responding, I'm in no rush.[/QUOTE]
We've got a lot of readers on the blog now that actually are not on CAG etc. I do not want to give the specific number that I usually do in a given week but I think it would surprise a few people.....or maybe not.

Just wanted to share my experience at my local K-Mart. After spending about fifteen minutes with my friend trying to convince him to buy L.A. Noire at K-Mart, we walked into the electronics and found the game almost immediately. Someone had literally just asked to get the game from the display, and I asked for the employee for another one (immediately followed by someone else, too). Once at the sales counter, I took the initiative and asked what all it came with, to see if she'd heard of the promotion. She said she thought it came with a $20 coupon, but that was it. I followed up with telling her about a free $20 game, and she got an associate to get the flyer for her to check for her. Of course, because the sale wasn't in the flyer, we all got a "this is all the flyer says" response. Because this wasn't my first CAG rodeo, I asked the employee to go ahead and ring L.A. Noire up while I went to get a random >$20 game (it ended up being Wet) and telling her to hit total once were up. She did, and lo and behold Wet was marked for free.

The story doesn't end there, though. After spending about half an hour looking through my K-Mart's selection of games, I ended up finding a copy of Eternal Sonata hidden in the clearance section. I went with my friend to the counter (he was getting pretty impatient with how long I took already) so at the worst possible time there's a problem. Apparently everything went smoothly with Guy #1, but Guy #2's selection wasn't ringing up correctly. It took about 20 minutes for someone to make it to the electronics, look up what to do about the deal, and fix it for him. He stayed there just in case something happened with ours, too, but thankfully it didn't. I'm almost positive it was because the game the second guy tried to buy was clearanced at $19.97 from the original $29.99, so if that happens to you, just be persistent and patient. I hope situations like this get shared with the employees better as time goes on, and the speed of service likes this improves as well. All that aside though, I'm more than happy with my $20 copy of Eternal Sonata and gaming coupon. :D

Just as a heads up, I am about 65% through the emails from today. I am hoping to catch up with everyone before this afternoon as of writing this comment.

Just a quick report from store 4826. We had two transactions, one for me and one for my friend. My friend was not a SYWR member so he signed up in store and deal went off without a hitch.

Now I have been a SYWR member for awhile and I have had deals work on my account before, most recently Portal Kombat. The deal would not ring up for me automatically with LAN and Enslaved. Manager had to penny Enslaved for it to go through, which was fine with me because I was able to use both the $45 and the $15 coupon from the Portal Kombat deal.

Now all that said, everytime I go to this store the employees are more than happy to assist and accomodate, but they are not very clear on the deals. It was even suggested during my transaction that the LA Noire is rung up separate to get the $20 coupon to pay for Enslaved. I insisted that this is not the case and used my friends transaction as example.

Thanks Josh! I just read your reply, it's greatly appreciated. I feel bad for any store in your path...

As for infamous 2, that is probably the next game I buy. i2 and Duke are possibles depending on promotions and how much money I have :D

Had a question about how many I could buy, but the blog answered it straight away. I plan on picking up two copies of LA Noire. So I should get $40 in coupons and two free games, yes? Feel free to reconfirm this, Josh (or the unofficial CAG KMart krew)

[quote name='nnthomas']Had a question about how many I could buy, but the blog answered it straight away. I plan on picking up two copies of LA Noire. So I should get $40 in coupons and two free games, yes? Feel free to reconfirm this, Josh (or the unofficial CAG KMart krew)[/QUOTE]

Yes, but do it in two separate transactions cause its only limited to one coupon per transaction.

I have a question, it may have been addressed in this thread but I cant find it.. I just packed up and moved across the country and I must have placed my SYWR card into one of my boxes. I had 20,000 points on it and I wanted to use it to knock $20 off my LA Noire purchase... When I go to cash out can I just give them my phone number so I can still get the deal (20,000 points for La Noire, the free $19.99 game and also use my original $20 off?)

Josh, it sucks that you don't think you can do this deal again, but I understand that it has led to some problems. I liked the "Get $20 coupon and $30 off a $50 PSN or Xbox card." Maybe you can do more of those for bigger releases?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just as a heads up, I am about 65% through the emails from today. I am hoping to catch up with everyone before this afternoon as of writing this comment.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better, my Kmart did a great job and I was able to get in on the deal with no problems. I wanted to pass on something else - I went by Walmart on my way home yesterday and decided to see how they handled the L.A. Noire release. I looked in the display cases and there were none for the Xbox 360 or the PS3. I inquired, she checked with another associate then they checked the computer and said they did not get any. Ha, ha......maybe they were in a box in the back...

[quote name='Miro']Yes, but do it in two separate transactions cause its only limited to one coupon per transaction.[/QUOTE]

I had assumed it would be like this, but I needed to make sure. Thanks, and hopefully my procedure goes smooth (reading the horror stories on FB and the past few pages).

Josh: I know you're working hard on this LAN promo, but is there any heads of on an Alice: Madness Returns promo? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Sweet Tooth']I have a question, it may have been addressed in this thread but I cant find it.. I just packed up and moved across the country and I must have placed my SYWR card into one of my boxes. I had 20,000 points on it and I wanted to use it to knock $20 off my LA Noire purchase... When I go to cash out can I just give them my phone number so I can still get the deal (20,000 points for La Noire, the free $19.99 game and also use my original $20 off?)[/QUOTE]

When I signed up, my store didn't even give me a card. So every-time I go there I use the phone#. This store doesn't even ASK for a card, they really only want the phone#, so I guess that's just they way my particular store does it - and that's fine by me. However, I've been to a couple of different KMARTS and sometimes they DO ask for the card. I've had to "convince" them a couple times and explain that I never got a card when I signed up, it's caused minor problems a few times when the cashier didn't know what to do, but as long as you can convince them to log you in via phone# it should be doable.

I was actually thinking about using the website to just get a replacement card, but it says something about replacing your account number. I was kind of affraid doing this might glitch my outstanding coupons (which you need to use your account and pin# to use), so I'm going to wait until I have zero balance to ask about a replacement card.

[quote name='confoosious']This is something that should be in an unofficial OP cause it's talked about all the time:

Just ring up both games. Let the register do the work. If the register doesn't, (and I'm talking all the way through the process and you had them scan your SYWR card), then either say "nope, don't want it" or finalize the purchase and email josh for the difference.

Don't leave it up to the knowledge of the employee or manager.
[/QUOTE]

Bravo sir. I'm continually amazed at the people who tell stories like this:

Asked the manager/employee about deal
Get told no
Leaving without even ringing the item up

Just... insane. Especially the Easton guy (come on Easton, represent better!) saying they lost a sale? Did you try to complete the transaction? Did the total come out wrong? What game was used?

Hit the Somerville, MA (store #3486) K-Mart this morning. The store really, really needs either a.) way less stock on hand, or b.) way more glass cabinets. The cabinets are STUFFED with games and it's totally disorganized. It's impossible for customers to browse and difficult for clerks to find stuff. I asked for Crackdown 2 and the clerk said he thought they had it, spent 15 minutes digging... and couldn't find it.

That's totally fine, I just went with Front Mission E instead, but the poor clerk looked a bit frustrated and nodded quickly when I said the store should build some more cabinets for the games.

As for the deal, the discount on the $20 game rang up fine, but the gaming coupon would not print. I took LA Noire and FME with me anyway, so I'll email Josh to see if we can get this sorted. If not, I'll just return and attempt to rebuy later in the week.

Thanks for the amazing promotion. I very, very seldom buy new games on release date, but KMart Gamer tempts me every time.

I do want to give a quick shout-out to Rhonda at the Homewood, Alabama store #4817. Rhonda knew about the deal, knew about the blog, and knew about some of the issues. She was extremely helpful to myself and 3-4 others that came in for the deal during my time.

Only weird snag was when we rang up my Gaming Coupons the first time, the coupon didn't show up on the register so she had to ask for a void (they usually show the coupon on the receipt, etc.).

Rhonda seems to make it a point to remember the people that come in, especially for the game deals. I've been to about 40 different Kmarts since these deals started last year (traveling, plus now I've moved) and this was by far the most organized. All higher priced/newer games were in a main case, sub $30 games were organized by system in a sub-case to the side. I even told Rhonda that I was impressed. She said she was upset because the games USED to be in alphabetical order...

Super impressive. Also a quick shout out to the Columbus, Ga Milgen Road Store 3675 as there is generally a lady there who is always super nice and super helpful (Gladys).

Mine worked perfectly although I had to go to 2 different stores, the first one had a older guy who just had no fucking clue what was going on. Didnt even know the name of the game...I was running late for work so I decide to stop at another one and it went smoothly. Cashier had no idea but I just kept saying, trust me it will work.

Only thing that sucked is that kmart had a shitty collection of 20 dollar games plus I was running late for work so I didnt have time to really look through them..I wanted enslaved but got Crackdown 2 instead.

[quote name='sadboy']How short is that?

Anyway, L.A. Noire is probably my favorite game released this year. I suck so much at interviewing people. It's like, "...You're lying!!!"

"What!? You're crazy!"

(clicks restart)[/QUOTE]

Oh god, this is the story of my life right now. I'm decent at reading people, but I'm terrible at figuring out the logic of what the game wants me to do. Ex., I'll know they're lying about x, and conversation references or hints at x, but hitting Lie brings up y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back