SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pedigoa']I want to email Josh and tell him what a great job I think he's doing and thank him for working so hard for us, but I don't want to give that guy any more email to sift through than he already has. So Josh, I hope you happen to see this. Thank you so much.[/QUOTE]

Leave him a note on his Facebook wall. It's less intrusive than email because he can just see it really quick. Lots of people have been leaving him quick "Thank You" notes there.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Leave him a note on his Facebook wall. It's less intrusive than email because he can just see it really quick. Lots of people have been leaving him quick "Thank You" notes there.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure he reads everything here anyway. (SHC-Gamer quietly wipes his tears as he continues to lurk through the thread) Just kidding!

[quote name='sadboy']I'm pretty sure he reads everything here anyway. (SHC-Gamer quietly wipes his tears as he continues to lurk through the thread) Just kidding![/QUOTE]

It's true... but, I'm sure the words start to blend together after a while as he reads through everything. I don't know how that guy does it!
:hot:

[quote name='NoMeDigas']It's true... but, I'm sure the words start to blend together after a while as he reads through everything. I don't know how that guy does it!
:hot:[/QUOTE]

It also doesn't help that people overload him. Just send him ONE message. He'll get to it. Stop with the "I sent you a message 2 mins ago on email and facebook!"

If he misses you, then send him a reminder.

[quote name='confoosious']It also doesn't help that people overload him. Just send him ONE message. He'll get to it. Stop with the "I sent you a message 2 mins ago on email and facebook!"

If he misses you, then send him a reminder.[/QUOTE]

I know... I've seen several "Hey Josh, I sent you four emails in the last 10 minutes, but no response... so hopefully, you can get back to me right now, OK? I'm just gonna sit here and wait."

We have some CAGs who are acting like 14-year-old girls hoping their out-of-high-school/not-in-college "boyfriend" will call them back really soon. :lol:

[quote name='NoMeDigas']While it would be unfortunate for anyone to lose their job, you aren't doing any favors by NOT reporting particularly poor employees. It only ends up hurting the rest of the good employees at that store when customers just silently grumble about crappy employees who are awful to customers.

When I report bad customer service, I always say, "Maybe this employee just needs to be better informed. I'm sure they mean well... maybe they were having a bad day. But, I thought you should know about my experience."

It's not your responsibility to make sure crappy employees stay employed. It's their job, they should be more attentive to the quality of their work.

Just my $.02.[/QUOTE]

You're right, there are nice ways of going about it. Bad employees are what is killing K-mart the most (and lazy managers), and by reporting them, they might start doing their job in a manner in which K-mart is paying them for.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']You're right, there are nice ways of going about it. Bad employees are what is killing K-mart the most (and lazy managers), and by reporting them, they might start doing their job in a manner in which K-mart is paying them for.[/QUOTE]
This is very important. I report on every issue mailed to me to operations.

[quote name='confoosious']It also doesn't help that people overload him. Just send him ONE message. He'll get to it. Stop with the "I sent you a message 2 mins ago on email and facebook!"

If he misses you, then send him a reminder.[/QUOTE]
This would help actually. That is the main reason I post email updates.

Once I post, if you have not heard back, there is an issue. I try not to let anything linger past 48 hours. This week I have shortened that to 12-24 hours due to the LAN issues.

At night, sometimes it has been instantaneous if I am online.

Generally speaking, between 8-6, I normally am required to work :)

[quote name='pedigoa']Just got back from my second attempt at snagging the LA Noire deal at my local Kmart and it was a success. I went to the store on Tuesday but was told they hadn't gotten any in stock. I still don't know whether that was true or not given Josh's statement that "stock should not be an issue," but either way I went back today and found a few copies for each platform in the locked case. I asked an employee for help and he paged an associate who showed up after just a couple minutes. Rang up LA Noire and Resonance of Fate, gave her my phone # for SYWR and the total came up at the correct discount price and after the transaction was complete my coupon printed. The associate was nice enough to remind me to pay attention to the expiration date on my coupon so as to make sure not to lose it. I thought that was really nice.

As a funny aside, she told me I should check the Kmart website for discounts on games because "sometimes they give $25 coupons." All in all, good experience. I bought some cat litter on the way out. Tried to find a small garden shovel, but didn't have any luck on that front.

I want to email Josh and tell him what a great job I think he's doing and thank him for working so hard for us, but I don't want to give that guy any more email to sift through than he already has. So Josh, I hope you happen to see this. Thank you so much.[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much :)

[quote name='NoMeDigas']This is so ridiculous, considering when you go to KMARTGamer.com, it takes you the URL http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/tags/Kmartgamer. Any CAGs who get the cold shoulder from associates or managers need to point this out! It's clearly part of the KMART Web site.

Also, as others have mentioned, and I've posted before, KMARTGamer.com is advertised RIGHT in the KMART circular!! It pays to know your facts when you go in for these deals.

[/QUOTE]
This is so important, we really actually had to fight to get this in the ad every week. It clearly states exclusive IN STORE OFFERS.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh,

Just sent you an email. Please lmk asap.[/QUOTE]
I have seen it bud. I will get back to you as quickly as possible, I've been in meetings most of the day.

I made a second trip to my local Kmart and ended up walking away very disappointed. I stopped in on Tuesday afternoon to find the game wasn't in the case. I wanted to use the call box to get some assistance, but my back was sore so I decided to come back another day. I went in today thinking the game would be available and as I walked to the area I started to think about what free game I might get. When I get to the case, there is no L.A. Noire for either system. I was going to call for help, but another customer was picking up her raincheck Just Dance 2 and Just Dance Kids. After the person was done, he asked me if I needed help. I explained I was looking for L.A. Noire so he goes over to case and doesn't see so he tells me he'll check out back. I waited near the counter and see him walking back empty handed and he tells that he could not find it and he checked with the department manager also. I thanked him for his time and walked out questioning how can they not have it? I waited 25-30 minutes for nothing. This was store #7065 Horseheads, NY and I notice most of the time there is no one in Electronincs when I visit.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']How about a Battlefield Bad Company 2 sale. I've missed deals on it to many times.[/QUOTE]
The problem actually is we have as you said ran them so many times that our stock position is pretty low and to reinvest might be risky at this point. I'll definitely see.

Crap, I've gotta find something to use this 15 dollar gaming coupon on. I'd really love to find a copy of DK Barrel Blast, but my two stores didn't have it as far as I can see.

Would have gone for this deal but in three Kmarts I went to (Northern VA) all three said they had sold out of them....for both systems. One lady even went so far as to show me exactly where she had put them out in the case on Tuesday. Seems like stock could have been a little higher in this area.

Oh well, I guess Kmart would see this as a success, selling through all the product. Alas, for me, it looks like Amazon/BBY/GS. *sigh*

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have seen it bud. I will get back to you as quickly as possible, I've been in meetings most of the day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch brother. :applause::applause:

Sorry about being a D-bag and requesting such an urgent response in the middle of this $hit storm you're single handily tackling.

Had limited luck in Albany NY. L.A Noire deal was working (saw it work) but Josh is it true that the "gaming coupons" cannot be used on generic XBL / PSN cards? Do these not count now?

Ended up grabbing a copy of Batman: AA GotY for 10 bucks after using a 15 buck coupon and some SYWR points.

Gotta say though, there was almost ZERO games 19.99 and under that weren't Rock Band or Brutal Legend. Also, no table with less than 20 buck titles to be found, just everything in a case. Feel bad asking for price scans on half a dozen titles, but most were incorrectly marked.

Quick question do you have to accept all the email offers to get the coupons or just be a member? Just curious if anyone knows for sure.

Went to a location in Springfield, VA (#7415) and they were all sold out. Seems like either the word of this deal went fast or they just really had low supply. I then went to Woodbridge, VA (#3512) and they had several copies of LA Noire. I went in and the clerk didn't hear about the deal at all. She began to ring me up and I began to search for my game. Almost settled on Singularity until I found Fallout 3. I took that, rang that up with no issues and everything worked as it should. Only issue with the location was their organization of games. They had bundles of games in the back of their glass case (and from the clerk, she had issues locking it as well) and it took awhile for me to find a game I liked. I eventually used my iPhone to check the games I may be interested in and saw Fallout 3. Hope someone goes through that cabinet again. Anyway, thanks again for the hard work and updates!

Josh, thank you for the amazing customer service in handling my problem. You went far beyond anything I could have ever expected! If anyone is thinking about passing on this deal because of the horror stories, then at least give it a try because Josh knows how to take care of his customers.

I was on the other side of Columbia today, so I stopped in Kmart #4141 in the hopes that I would have a better experience. Went to electronics and received help from Michele. She was on top of everything! As soon as I mentioned LAN, she told me about the deal and that some games were not ringing up correctly. She immediately called management when we got to the register and had some kind of print out ready to go, so that management could not deny the deal. She deserves some recognition for customer service.

Okay so I decided to open my sealed copy of Resonance of Fate for the PS3 that I bought along with a couple other stuff, I ended getting getting a copy with no manual and a cd that says memorex. I'm a little shocked it was plastic wrapped and I get this? Now I really doubt kmart would let me do an exchange since I already opened it. :cry:

[quote name='sasuke543']Okay so I decided to open my sealed copy of Resonance of Fate for the PS3 that I bought along with a couple other stuff, I ended getting getting a copy with no manual and a cd that says memorex. I'm a little shocked it was plastic wrapped and I get this? Now I really doubt kmart would let me do an exchange since I already opened it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Ugh good luck man, that kind of thing is a pain to get refunded at any store. Return fraud sucks.

[quote name='sasuke543']Okay so I decided to open my sealed copy of Resonance of Fate for the PS3 that I bought along with a couple other stuff, I ended getting getting a copy with no manual and a cd that says memorex. I'm a little shocked it was plastic wrapped and I get this? Now I really doubt kmart would let me do an exchange since I already opened it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

What's on the cd? Maybe it contains secret government confidential data and they are already hunting you down.

Alternatively, complain until they give in and let you exchange it in store.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Ugh good luck man, that kind of thing is a pain to get refunded at any store. Return fraud sucks.[/QUOTE]

So what should I do? Should I just wait till Josh responds back?

[quote name='fujimitsu']Ugh good luck man, that kind of thing is a pain to get refunded at any store. Return fraud sucks.[/QUOTE]

But is it a crime? :booty:

Let's discuss further, through 17-25 pages of heated posts. :drool:

[quote name='snake8574']Quick question do you have to accept all the email offers to get the coupons or just be a member? Just curious if anyone knows for sure.[/QUOTE]

Don't have an official answer but....
I'm only subscribing to two of the lists an have been able to get all the deals just fine (coupons/sywr points/promos/etc).

• Kmart Sales, coupons & promotions
  • Shop Your Way Rewards promotional emails

[quote name='sasuke543']So what should I do? Should I just wait till Josh responds back?[/QUOTE]

Since we have access to Josh, I'd e-mail him (maybe with pictures?) and see what he says to do. I can't imagine trying to go back to the store with your story and having anything other than bad luck. I mean, it makes sense that you'd have a hard time with this, so by-passing it completely and seeing if Josh can help you is probably the best way to go.

[quote name='wbc1228']Don't have an official answer but....
I'm only subscribing to two of the lists an have been able to get all the deals just fine (coupons/sywr points/promos/etc).

[/QUOTE]

K thanks that what i will do to then.

[quote name='DerClaw']But is it a crime? :booty:

Let's discuss further, through 17-25 pages of heated posts. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Reshrinking an empty case and returning it is definitely a crime... no one would debate that.

The debate is usually regarding cross-store returns and other grey-areas.

Anyway, I would call the store and explain the situation to see what they say. If they flat deny you a refund then talk to josh.

[quote name='snake8574']Quick question do you have to accept all the email offers to get the coupons or just be a member? Just curious if anyone knows for sure.[/QUOTE]

The only one I'm subscribed to is the SYWY promotional emails and I got the deal to work fine.

[quote name='DerClaw']Since we have access to Josh, I'd e-mail him (maybe with pictures?) and see what he says to do. I can't imagine trying to go back to the store with your story and having anything other than bad luck. I mean, it makes sense that you'd have a hard time with this, so by-passing it completely and seeing if Josh can help you is probably the best way to go.[/QUOTE]

already did, now just waiting for a response. I really hope I didn't waste my coupon for a resonance of fate copy that came with a blank memorex cd. Has this ever happened to anyone?

[quote name='sasuke543']already did, now just waiting for a response. I really hope I didn't waste my coupon for a resonance of fate copy that came with a blank memorex cd. Has this ever happened to anyone?[/QUOTE]
You're good bud.

[quote name='sasuke543']So what should I do? Should I just wait till Josh responds back?[/QUOTE]
Call or go back to the store first if you can. They do have a CS department..I dont see why everyone wants to involve Josh without at least trying the normal way first. I'd be annoyed if I were him.

[quote name='wbc1228']Don't have an official answer but....

[/QUOTE]

Yeah! And, Kmart does NOT send :spam: like some other companies. I do find it nice that they will email you a digital receipt after you make a purchase! :)

[quote name='fujimitsu']Reshrinking an empty case and returning it is definitely a crime... no one would debate that.

The debate is usually regarding cross-store returns and other grey-areas.

Anyway, I would call the store and explain the situation to see what they say. If they flat deny you a refund then talk to josh.[/QUOTE]

I know, I was just attempting to poke some fun, since I think it happened in this thread just a few pages back. Also, you must be new to the internet, if you think that there wouldn't be at least 5 or 10 people willing to take the position that it's not stealing to return a blank disc in the package like that ;-)

[quote name='sasuke543']already did, now just waiting for a response. I really hope I didn't waste my coupon for a resonance of fate copy that came with a blank memorex cd. Has this ever happened to anyone?[/QUOTE]
I'd be shocked if you are not completely satisfied at whatever Josh sends back in his e-mail.

I've never had this happen to me, but I've seen stuff like it occasionally in stories (like on consumerist). I agree with the other poster about maybe calling the store -- I'd definitely not try to actually go into the store without calling. Too much risk of you getting accused of trying to pull something over on KMart (as much as that sucks). But, yeah, I'd wait for Josh first (maybe he will call the store and give them the what's what and then you can go in).

[quote name='ShockandAww']Call or go back to the store first if you can. They do have a CS department..I dont see why everyone wants to involve Josh without at least trying the normal way first. I'd be annoyed if I were him.[/QUOTE]

For normal stuff, sure, don't waste Josh's time, but there is a nontrivial chance that this guy gets the cops called on him if he just goes back into the store to explain what happened. Even if it gets worked out, that kind of stress isn't worth it, when Josh is so available.

Well so far so good, I'm on the phone with the same worker who helped me earlier today. He says it's happened before with music cds...let's see how it goes...

I am trying to accept emails from kmart and shop your way rewards but it is not updating for me. When i click update they go from being checked back to blank anyone else have this problem?

Well wow this kmart customer service is great, I can do a straight-up exchange for the last copy they have of resonance of fate ps3. I feel like I deserve more though...driving all the way to my nearest kmart and end up a getting a blank copy! How often does that happen?

So has an employee at kmart ever said to you that prices in the store are always higher then what they are on kmart.com? Isnt that false advertising? Especially when almost everything i have seen has been the same price. Kind of seemed fishy to me i sent an email to Josh about it with more detail to see what he thinks.

[quote name='sasuke543']Well wow this kmart customer service is great, I can do a straight-up exchange for the last copy they have of resonance of fate ps3. I feel like I deserve more though...driving all the way to my nearest kmart and end up a getting a blank copy! How often does that happen?[/QUOTE]

It happens, just be thankful they exchanged it, and didn't give you a hard time.

[quote name='snake8574']So has an employee at kmart ever said to you that prices in the store are always higher then what they are on kmart.com? Isnt that false advertising?[/QUOTE]

It's not false advertising.

But it's not necessarily true either.

Prices are different in store and online. Sometimes it's higher. Sometimes it's lower.

[quote name='snake8574']So has an employee at kmart ever said to you that prices in the store are always higher then what they are on kmart.com? Isnt that false advertising? Especially when almost everything i have seen has been the same price. Kind of seemed fishy to me i sent an email to Josh about it with more detail to see what he thinks.[/QUOTE]
No it's like that with a lot of places. The b&m and the online stores are pretty often different prices, with the online prices usually being better.

The current retail value for the game everywhere else not just kmart.com is 19.99 but they are charging 29.99 for it in the store. I guess they are allowed to do that but they are going to have a hard time selling it with it being 19.99 everywhere else.

[quote name='snake8574']So has an employee at kmart ever said to you that prices in the store are always higher then what they are on kmart.com? Isnt that false advertising? Especially when almost everything i have seen has been the same price. Kind of seemed fishy to me i sent an email to Josh about it with more detail to see what he thinks.[/QUOTE]

Happens all the time at places like Best Buy and Wal-Mart FYI. Their systems don't link up either, though Best Buy I think is better about it than than Wal-Mart. I would say at Best Buy the prices match about 80% of the time, but on video games and movies that's unfortunately where they have their discrepencies sometimes when they do "online only" sales. At Wal-Mart, while their online system is pretty good from my experience, it seems to have almost no relation to the pricing in their stores.

Edit: Barnes and Nobles is another example. In stores, unless you are looking at clearance bins, pretty much everything is priced at full MSRP as printed on the book jacket. If you order online, their prices are pretty much discounted across the board(presumably to at least try and compete with Amazon, but in stores they don't even try to compete on prices - that's not their business model).

[quote name='snake8574']The current retail value for the game everywhere else not just kmart.com is 19.99 but they are charging 29.99 for it in the store. I guess they are allowed to do that but they are going to have a hard time selling it with it being 19.99 everywhere else.[/QUOTE]
It is only $19.XX in store. It was probably just mismarked like a bunch of other people have said.

TRU doesn't honor their website prices. They said because it costs them to have it shipped to their store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back