SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']It is only $19.XX in store. It was probably just mismarked like a bunch of other people have said.[/QUOTE]

I tried to get it with the la noir deal thinking it was 19.99 because it was everywhere else but it came up as 29.99 which is how much the PC price is but the PS3 version should be 19.99. The game is darksiders by the way. It stinks cause it was the game i wanted to get with the deal but couldn't and it really stinks if i am right and it is because the price is wrong.

[quote name='thehink']do i have to already be a rewards member to get the la noire deal or can i sign up at the store[/QUOTE]
You can sign up in store before you make the purchase.

[quote name='ShockandAww']You can sign up in store before you make the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Is the sears reward thing the same thing as the KMart one? I think I might have a sears reward account (maybe I signed up for it to buy kirby over there for like 17 bucks), but I didn't get an actual card or anything to check. If I give KMart the phone number I used for sears will it come up and work?

[quote name='Agent Orange']Happens all the time at places like Best Buy and Wal-Mart FYI. Their systems don't link up either, though Best Buy I think is better about it than than Wal-Mart. I would say at Best Buy the prices match about 80% of the time, but on video games and movies that's unfortunately where they have their discrepencies sometimes when they do "online only" sales. At Wal-Mart, while their online system is pretty good from my experience, it seems to have almost no relation to the pricing in their stores.[/QUOTE]

Walmart considers the stores and their website to be separate. I ran across this response from Walmart Customer Relations about the matter on the Consumerist website dated March 2009:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the price difference between individual Wal-Mart stores and the price difference between Wal-Mart Online and Wal-Mart Stores. With regards to individual stores, each store is required to manage its own inventory; therefore prices may vary from store to store. Our store managers are given the freedom to lower a price to clear out an overstock item, to reward customers with an in-store sale, or to compete with local merchants. It is not Wal-Mart 's policy to price match our own stores since we are not in competition with ourselves".

Josh, can you please send a call to store 3034. The manager would only let me buy 1, even though I know I can get 2. I wish managers would know the basic kmart policies.

[quote name='AsianChexMix']Went to a location in Springfield, VA (#7415) and they were all sold out. Seems like either the word of this deal went fast or they just really had low supply. I then went to Woodbridge, VA (#3512) and they had several copies of LA Noire. I went in and the clerk didn't hear about the deal at all. She began to ring me up and I began to search for my game. Almost settled on Singularity until I found Fallout 3. I took that, rang that up with no issues and everything worked as it should. Only issue with the location was their organization of games. They had bundles of games in the back of their glass case (and from the clerk, she had issues locking it as well) and it took awhile for me to find a game I liked. I eventually used my iPhone to check the games I may be interested in and saw Fallout 3. Hope someone goes through that cabinet again. Anyway, thanks again for the hard work and updates![/QUOTE]
(nonchalantly throws some chow mein 'noodles' into the chex mix) Rather than sort through the entire mess, I usually figure out what I want from the drop list or via this thread, and either meticulously look through the piles or stacks through the glass case, or ask SHC Stock Boy if there are any copies at a particular store, which may have obstructed the game from view, or for some reason or another put the game somewhere where I don't have access. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't found Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn at one store.

[quote name='Midnight Express']Walmart considers the stores and their website to be separate. I ran across this response from Walmart Customer Relations about the matter on the Consumerist website dated March 2009:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the price difference between individual Wal-Mart stores and the price difference between Wal-Mart Online and Wal-Mart Stores. With regards to individual stores, each store is required to manage its own inventory; therefore prices may vary from store to store. Our store managers are given the freedom to lower a price to clear out an overstock item, to reward customers with an in-store sale, or to compete with local merchants. It is not Wal-Mart 's policy to price match our own stores since we are not in competition with ourselves".[/QUOTE]

I hope that's not the full response they gave to someone, because that answers half of the question. Where's the 'walmart.com' explanation?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I hope that's not the full response they gave to someone, because that answers half of the question. Where's the 'walmart.com' explanation?[/QUOTE]

The remainder of the previous quote from Walmart Customer Relations:

"With regards to different prices between Wal-Mart Online and Wal-Mart Stores, the merchandise and prices available on our web site do not reflect the merchandise and prices available in our stores. Our stores will not match prices with our online store (or other online stores) because we do not consider them to be in competition with our retail stores. Currently, Wal-Mart Online does not have access to store inventory lists or price lists.

If you would like more information on pricing policy, you may contact your local store management or visit our website at walmartstores.com."

[quote name='confoosious']I really don't understand why you guys are surprised by any of this. Online and B&M have two different pricing teams. (and different costs)[/QUOTE]

I am not surprised by the price difference as much as i am surprised that the Kmart store would sell a game for 29.99 when the actual retail is 19.99. Normally i would not care that much and buy it somewhere else. However, since it makes it so i cant get it with the la noir deal it is problematic to me.

[quote name='Midnight Express']The remainder of the previous quote from Walmart Customer Relations:

"With regards to different prices between Wal-Mart Online and Wal-Mart Stores, the merchandise and prices available on our web site do not reflect the merchandise and prices available in our stores. Our stores will not match prices with our online store (or other online stores) because we do not consider them to be in competition with our retail stores. Currently, Wal-Mart Online does not have access to store inventory lists or price lists.

If you would like more information on pricing policy, you may contact your local store management or visit our website at walmartstores.com."[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I see... A little odd, seeing as how SamsClub is theirs' and can check prices at other stores from online.

Oh well. Kmart is making waves, anyway!!!!!!!:D:applause:

I tried to sort through a few pages without finding the answer, but is $19.99 discounted from a more expensive game on the LA Noire deal too, or is it truly as posted, good for only games under $19.99?

[quote name='berzirk']I tried to sort through a few pages without finding the answer, but is $19.99 discounted from a more expensive game on the LA Noire deal too, or is it truly as posted, good for only games under $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Games 19.99 and under work.

Was just in the store in Hutchinson, Kansas. Rang LAN & GTA IV complete edition (19.99) up and did not work. Offered to show the clerk the Kmart blog his response "can't do anything about it"

[quote name='Papa Neorev']Was just in the store in Hutchinson, Kansas. Rang LAN & GTA IV complete edition (19.99) up and did not work. Offered to show the clerk the Kmart blog his response "can't do anything about it"[/QUOTE]
The promo is for $19.99 and under.

[quote name='Papa Neorev']Was just in the store in Hutchinson, Kansas. Rang LAN & GTA IV complete edition (19.99) up and did not work. Offered to show the clerk the Kmart blog his response "can't do anything about it"[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong, but I thought only the regular edition is 19.99. I thought complete is 39.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh

Any news on the Dynasty Warriors (DW7) deal, and if you can get the difference on one purchased this week with expiring gamer coupons, in credit/giftcard or something?

*sigh* Well my local Kmart refused to honor the LA Noire deal even after complaining to a manager. The kept saying unless its a printed coupon there's nothing they will do. I even gave them the web address and exactly where on the page the deal was listed. I was going to pick up LA Noire and Dead Space 2 a long with a free $20 game but I walked out not spending a dime wasting an hour. :headache:

[quote name='aznhero913']Just keep in mind Josh said that some these recently released titles(P2, C2, WWE, etc..) will be on sale ($30-$35) in June.[/QUOTE]
What part of I'm not looking forward to anything else that's coming out anytime soon don't you understand?:razz:

Besides which, if I'm paying $60 for LA Noire to get a $20 game "free" and a $20 gaming coupon(which should still work on PSN/XBL points cards unless they changed that recently) then I just wanna spend that coupon as soon as I can so I don't forget about it and lose those savings.

Besides which, unless PA has changed it, the $20 coupon will make the PSN $20 card free;) and free is always better to me than putting out MORE money.:razz:
[quote name='Papa Neorev']it showed up 19.99 when he ran it, but that could explain it.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm. So then if it took $20 off the normal MSRP for the GTA IV Complete($39.99) when using it with this LA Noire promo, then that means that if someone wanted to they could essentially get a $40 game for half off or another $60 title for 1/3 off. That is assuming that the system would allow it to happen. Not bad if there's another game that's currently $40 new you wanted to get but hasn't been discounted at Kmart yet.

[quote name='confoosious']i wish you woulda kept your boycott.[/QUOTE]

Anytime a gamer says they are boycotting something, they are full of shit.

[quote name='powersurge']*sigh* Well my local Kmart refused to honor the LA Noire deal even after complaining to a manager. The kept saying unless its a printed coupon there's nothing they will do. I even gave them the web address and exactly where on the page the deal was listed. I was going to pick up LA Noire and Dead Space 2 a long with a free $20 game but I walked out not spending a dime wasting an hour. :headache:[/QUOTE]
If you have a moment please email me, this time it will not be a wasted activity

Just a head's up: if you purchase Witcher 2 and get the $15 dollar off coupon for a game related purchase, the coupon doesn't technically start until 5/22. I just tried to purchase DMC4 for 20 dollars today, 5/19, and the register wouldn't allow it until 5/22. This was my fault as I didn't even think to look at the dates the coupon was valid, since I presumed it was good until July 4, 2010 without an actual start date. Oh well, I will just go back on Sunday to pick up DMC4, provided the rapture doesn't happen on 5/21. LOL! ;)

Btw: I feel like as long as I am purchasing a 20 dollar game as well, I am pretty much getting that LA Noire deal too even though I purchased Witcher 2, and have to pay 5 dollars on top of the coupon. So I am happy. :D

[quote name='joshdts']Josh, can you please send a call to store 3034. The manager would only let me buy 1, even though I know I can get 2. I wish managers would know the basic kmart policies.[/QUOTE]
If a store manager or associate just has bad breath I want know about it. anyone who even as a whisper of an issue, please email me and you will be taken care of. It can be tough out there, please allow me to assist. I really do need an email though. Thanks!

[quote name='confoosious']i wish you woulda kept your boycott.[/QUOTE]
Why? Because I don't intend on hopping on the 'coupon train' or because I suggested that people could likely use the $20 coupon and get a free XBL points/PSN $20 card in addition to the $20 game?
[quote name='gettinmoney662']Anytime a gamer says they are boycotting something, they are full of shit.[/QUOTE]
Believe me. If anything, I hold grudges for YEARS. But this deal is almost too good to pass up. I just hope one of my Kmarts has one of the more worthwhile games like the SOCOM bundle so I can resell the headset for $25-30 to lessen my initial cost to get in on the deal here. To me, a deal is all about getting it for the least amount of real cash out of pocket.

Went to my local K-Mart. Picked up Assassin's Creed II & L.A. Noire for PS3. As soon as the card got scanned I got ACII for free and my $20 coupon. No problems. :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If you have a moment please email me, this time it will not be a wasted activity[/QUOTE]

I fired off one to the KmartGamerHelpMe address that was in the blog post after I made that post. Its just frustrating trying to explain a deal to someone who seems to think your nuts lol. Kept telling them that it wasn't a print out coupon it was posted on the kmart blog site.

Maybe kmart should send out a memo to the folks in electronics explaining that some of the deals aren't coupon based but they should still ring up fine?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why? Because I don't intend on hopping on the 'coupon train' or because I suggested that people could likely use the $20 coupon and get a free XBL points/PSN $20 card in addition to the $20 game?

Believe me. If anything, I hold grudges for YEARS. But this deal is almost too good to pass up. I just hope one of my Kmarts has one of the more worthwhile games like the SOCOM bundle so I can resell the headset for $25-30 to lessen my initial cost to get in on the deal here. To me, a deal is all about getting it for the least amount of real cash out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

Because nobody gives a shit.

Just got back from store 4183 with LA Noire and Enslaved for PS3, as well as my $20 coupon. I signed up for a rewards account online earlier today and that made things faster. While she wasn't aware of the deal, Jackie was extremely helpful and the deal rang up correctly. Much less painful (no pain!) than what others have experienced.

Anyone know how long the price-match policy is, specifically, for a gaming console? Wondering if I should get a PS3, now, then price match it on June 5...

I was out of town for the day and passed by a kmart, I popped in to check out the clearance stuff.
I saw a Tales of Vesperia in the case and so I want looking for help. After the usual Epic wait I got someone to come help.
She was very rushed and I genuinely felt bad for her. She was paged to jewelry and layaway about 10 times while helping me.
I think I saw maybe 3 employees in the whole store. It was to bad , I really wanted to peruse stuff and get some things scanned.
I got a great game for $20 though and learned that Two Worlds 1 is still $59.99
At kmart. How the hell is it still $59.99?

Thanks for the deals Josh, keep em coming, just thought id shae some feedback. Store was Portsmouth , NH.

Long time reader, first time poster here...

I just wanted to share that the deals this week worked out great for me (and this was on release day too). I picked up L.A. Noire with Dragon Quest V (was still labeled as being $39.99) as the free game. I also got The Witcher 2. Both version of L.A. Noire were in the case, but The Witcher 2 was not on the shelf. It just took the associate two minutes to go to the back and get it. All coupons printed correctly. Used the $60 in coupons from Portal 2/Mortal Kombat week plus $30 in SYWR points. Walk out with all 3 games and $35 in additional coupons for ~$20 out of pocket.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Anyone know how long the price-match policy is, specifically, for a gaming console? Wondering if I should get a PS3, now, then price match it on June 5...[/QUOTE]

Should only be 7 days like everything else at K-Mart, but as far as I know you can only get the difference if the actual price is lower, which we know won't be the case with a console. They wouldn't match a promotion (i.e. gift card, free game, etc.) I wouldn't think.

[quote name='icewolf74']Just a head's up: if you purchase Witcher 2 and get the $15 dollar off coupon for a game related purchase, the coupon doesn't technically start until 5/22. I just tried to purchase DMC4 for 20 dollars today, 5/19, and the register wouldn't allow it until 5/22. This was my fault as I didn't even think to look at the dates the coupon was valid, since I presumed it was good until July 4, 2010 without an actual start date. Oh well, I will just go back on Sunday to pick up DMC4, provided the rapture doesn't happen on 5/21. LOL! ;)

Btw: I feel like as long as I am purchasing a 20 dollar game as well, I am pretty much getting that LA Noire deal too even though I purchased Witcher 2, and have to pay 5 dollars on top of the coupon. So I am happy. :D[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, coupons always become active the following Sunday from when the deal started to prevent previous abuses. Then they last for 45 days after the starting point.

Yeah this seems to have happened at a few stores based on other CAG comments. The game is indeed $39.99, the employees at your store just messed up when stickering the games thinking it was the original version. A lot of store employees aren't gamers and go based on the core name rather than UPC and so forth. If you tried an actual $19.99 thats in the system, it should work for you fine even if they are oblivious to the deal.

I should be good with my 2 coupons that I got from this deal, (one for the game, and one the store manager let me keep when he exchanged my freebie game). I looked it up under the SYWR gaming coupon rules:

Q: What is the limit on the number of copies I can purchase of a title to get the release week deals?
A: 2. The limit is two per customer. Release week deals during February and March are in the form of SYWR points, so the limitation is based off the SYWR card scanned. Once the coupons return, the limit will still be 2 per customer.

just picked up LAN and enslaved from store 3888, enslaved didnt ring up free, but it wasn't an issue, clerk knew about the deal. Also the store had a tag up infront of LAN in the case about the deal, so they seem to be on top of the blog deals.

Like everyone else has said, awesome deal. Bought XBOX 360 LA Noire + PS3 RESONANCE OF FATE. Used a previous $45 coupon + $15 coupon and got them both and the clerk gave me a penny. Plus the extra coupon to buy the next game. Josh, keep up the great work!

[quote name='chriscolbert']Should only be 7 days like everything else at K-Mart, but as far as I know you can only get the difference if the actual price is lower, which we know won't be the case with a console. They wouldn't match a promotion (i.e. gift card, free game, etc.) I wouldn't think.[/QUOTE]

Dag nammit, hickle, mickle, fickle and a big thick juicy pickle!:drool:

Thanks! Guess I will have to wait and see what this June 5 deal is all about or maybe I will see another deal somewhere, again, that's better than the average '$50' gift card. Got this new Pink Controller I'm ready to dig into and Ratchet & Clank!:D

Thanks!

Great Deal! Worked like a charm in Greenville, SC. I was wondering can I swap out my "free" game for another $19.99 and under game? There is another one that I would prefer over the one I ended up with.

Thanks !

Going to announce LoZ:OOT, infamous 2 and Red Faction Armageddon deal soon, Josh?

Those are going my June games for sure.

I was such a noob I forgot to give the clerk my rewards card on my first visit. Second time around though was fine though with xbox LAN and PS3 ROF minus $10 in rewards points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back