SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n4styn4t3']Drops this week?[/QUOTE]
Very light week this week, which to be honest I NEED. This LAN deal nearly killed me!

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I prefer the $20 coupons as well and it almost always beats every other retailer and makes it an easy choice.

I just wish deals were revealed a little earlier and I understand why they aren't, but it makes it a little tough to plan ahead of time.[/QUOTE]
I really want to release them earlier as well to be honest. If I could post them here and then not have a small Amazon customer army report it to Amazon to match it would definitely help me and everyone out but I that is just the nature of competition I guess.

[quote name='jer7583']I just don't see any reason to drop it below $100.. if people want a new PS2 it's not like they are making any more of them..[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that you meant "The Wii is about as graphically capable as the PS2...So why should the PS2 be worth much less". Which made complete sense to me. Old PS2s should be priced near $50. They've been in production for quite some time, there is plenty of supply for the falling demand.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hey SHC, since when has Kmart started selling PC's in store? I saw a computer with an LCD monitor at the store I picked up the LA NOIRE deal at on Friday night.

If I remember correctly it was a Gateway with a 22" or so LCD monitor. It was priced $799.99 though.:whistle2:#

Scratch that, I think it was THIS one: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_020V002996900000P?prdNo=14&blockNo=14&blockType=G14[/QUOTE]
Kmart electronics as a whole is starting to expand slowly (not in all stores) in other CE devices. Tablets as well.

[quote name='jer7583']I just don't see any reason to drop it below $100.. if people want a new PS2 it's not like they are making any more of them..[/QUOTE]
Really the problem is reinvesting in the inventory to begin with.

[quote name='thehoweller']Josh it has happened again, I tried to take you up on the LA Noire promo and it didn't come up right. I bought the game and another $19.99 game. However, the coupon printed correctly, but I didn't get the cheaper game for free.

In case you need the information, I'll send you my information and the receipt's number.

Thanks again Josh. I know you're still trying.

Did this make as much sense to you, as it did to me? So true![/QUOTE]
Long time! Look forward to hearing from you.

[quote name='medetron']l.a. noire and tomb raider trilogy are both out of stock at 34th street and 8th and brodway in new york... how can this be! :([/QUOTE]
That is strange, I'm usually not concerned about running out with how much we usually send in to NYC.

[quote name='thanossurfer']I was wondering if anyone could verify if The Witcher 2 that Kmart is selling is the premium edition? Also, does it come with any specific DLC beside the Herbalist Gloves listed on Kmartgamer. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Just the standard, and only the gloves. Thanks!

[quote name='mguiddy']:/
Waited all week to get LA Noire in hopes that my giftcard from Brink would show up... no luck.
Guess I'll just put it towards my next purchase.[/QUOTE]
Shoot me a note bud when you get a chance.

I was disappointed that my gift card to make up for the coupon that didn't print with LEGO Pirates hasn't shown up yet. I got in on the LA Noire deal once but I really wanted to do it again. I am sure the gift card will show up on Monday now. At least its a gift card tough because it might be awhile before I find another game to use it on.

Great job this week Josh!!!

You really came through w/ what I consider the "Deal of the Year".

Josh D - One man army customer support and awesome deal maker!!

[quote name='aznhero913']Great job this week Josh!!!

You really came through w/ what I consider the "Deal of the Year".

Josh D - One man army customer support and awesome deal maker!![/QUOTE]
Thx dude :)

If I have a $20 coupon and want to get Splatterhouse for $19.99, what could be a cheap filler to make the total add up to $20.00 so I can use the coupon???

I got my copy of L.A. Noire and the free $20 game and the $20 coupon. Now what am I going to get with the coupon? I wonder if there is going to be anything, to get me back on the coupon train? If not I might just burn it on a $19.9X game.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I got my copy of L.A. Noire and the free $20 game and the $20 coupon. Now what am I going to get with the coupon? I wonder if there is going to be anything, to get me back on the coupon train? If not I might just burn it on a $19.9X game.[/QUOTE]

Infamous 2. Release date 6/7/11.

Working on 100% in LA Noire. Then it's off to Shift 2 and Resonance of Fate. Thanks again Josh, been wanting those two for a while now. It's a glut of gaming goodness. :)

Now I just have to figure out what my budget will allow me to use my remaining coupon on...

[quote name='chimpmeister']Infamous 2. Release date 6/7/11.[/QUOTE]

This is the buy InFamous 2 get InFamous for $15 right? It would be nice if InFamous was free, along with a $20 coupon. I have yet to play the first InFamous. I'm also aware that InFamous is part of the free PSN games from Sony.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This is the buy InFamous 2 get InFamous for $15 right? It would be nice if InFamous was free, along with a $20 coupon. I have yet to play the first InFamous. I'm also aware that InFamous is part of the free PSN games from Sony.[/QUOTE]

I don't think a deal has been announced for this yet . . . but I would prefer just a coupon, don't need the original Infamous (as you said Sony is giving it out free on PSN).

[quote name='chimpmeister']I don't think a deal has been announced for this yet . . . but I would prefer just a coupon, don't need the original Infamous (as you said Sony is giving it out free on PSN).[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay I thought that was the deal, a coupon only would also be nice. I'd like a physical copy of InFamous over a PSN digital download.

Thanks Josh for the awesome deal on L.A. Noire, hopefully we will see more similar deals.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Oh, okay I thought that was the deal, a coupon only would also be nice. I'd like a physical copy of InFamous over a PSN digital download.

Thanks Josh for the awesome deal on L.A. Noire, hopefully we will see more similar deals.[/QUOTE]

I could see Josh giving away a free copy of The Sly Collection along with Infamous since they are produced by the same developer since Sony is giving out Infamous for free.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The game(inFamous) is repetitive and downright boring, save your money for better titles.:razz:[/QUOTE]

That's one person's opinion.

Is Kmart gonna be carrying Dead or Alive for the 3DS?. I notice theres no coupon attached to it but will there a be a deal coming up on it that I should hold off for in the near future?

I'm more so looking forward to the PS3 deal next month, I'm looking to buy a new one next month. As well as deals on Shadows of the Damned, inFamous 2 and Alice.

[quote name='boogie4114']Is Kmart gonna be carrying Dead or Alive for the 3DS?. I notice theres no coupon attached to it but will there a be a deal coming up on it that I should hold off for in the near future?[/QUOTE]

We won't have Dead or Alive in our stores next week, it's going to come in the week after that. And if I were you I'd hold off on purchasing it, you should start seeing some sales on 3DS software from us when Zelda comes out and the week after Resident Evil comes out.

K-Mart in general won't be getting Dead or Alive for a week late or just your particular store in general? The new K-Mart I went to two weeks back to try and find $20 titles at already had shelf space for it in their locked case. I tried to see if I could fool some poor sales clerk into checking the back and selling me a copy early but no such luck.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']K-Mart in general won't be getting Dead or Alive for a week late or just your particular store in general? The new K-Mart I went to two weeks back to try and find $20 titles at already had shelf space for it in their locked case. I tried to see if I could fool some poor sales clerk into checking the back and selling me a copy early but no such luck.[/QUOTE]
Kmart in general. Stock Boy works at HQ and oversees all store stock.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The game(inFamous) is repetitive and downright boring, save your money for better titles.:razz:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']That's one person's opinion.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and Infamous 2 isn't even out yet . . . its a little early to be throwing out ignorant blurbs.

On a related note, it looks like Infamous 2 is going to sport a huge graphical update, and a lot of additional ways to trash the enemies. Even the color palette is massively improved, much richer and more colorful. I'm looking forward to it!

[quote name='chimpmeister']Agreed, and Infamous 2 isn't even out yet . . . its a little early to be throwing out ignorant blurbs.

On a related note, it looks like Infamous 2 is going to sport a huge graphical update, and a lot of additional ways to trash the enemies. Even the color palette is massively improved, much richer and more colorful. I'm looking forward to it![/QUOTE]

i thought he was talking about the first, but it seems like he could be talkin about the series in general...
and i'm glad, it seems like this is supposed to be a less gritty game, the first i felt fit the atmosphere, everything about it was gritty (in a good way)

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']Does anyone know if you really need to have the e-mail notifications on? I'm tired of deleting the e-mails already.[/QUOTE]

If you're using gmail (which you should be :)) it's very easy to setup filters.

Picked up a couple of (non-gaming) things today, and it looks like there's another points promotion coming for Memorial Day Weekend! At the bottom of my receipt:

Sunday and Monday
5/29 and 5/30

Earn 5,000 Points on a purchase of $50-$74.99

Earn 10,000 Points on a purchase of $75-99.99

Earn 15,000 Points on a purchase of $100-149.99

Earn 25,000 Points on a purchase of $150 or more.

Awesome for us points whores. I've already got close to $50 bucks on my SYWR card.

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']Does anyone know if you really need to have the e-mail notifications on? I'm tired of deleting the e-mails already.[/QUOTE]

I just set mine up on a junk email account or for Gmail you could do this:
1. Click on a recently received email from KMart.
2. Select More Actions - Filter Messages Like These
3. Select all of the KMart emails - Next Step
4. Then you can select whether to archive them automatically or just delete them automatically.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']We won't have Dead or Alive in our stores next week, it's going to come in the week after that. And if I were you I'd hold off on purchasing it, you should start seeing some sales on 3DS software from us when Zelda comes out and the week after Resident Evil comes out.[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us will have DOA for just $29.99 starting this Tuesday

[quote name='GBAstar']Toys R Us will have DOA for just $29.99 starting this Tuesday[/QUOTE]

Yes I think I will get it at BB for $30 with price matching and still take you up on the software sales when Zelda comes out because maybe a good deal will come where I can buy Zelda and Resident Evil together.

[quote name='othertim']Picked up a couple of (non-gaming) things today, and it looks like there's another points promotion coming for Memorial Day Weekend! At the bottom of my receipt:

Sunday and Monday
5/29 and 5/30

Earn 5,000 Points on a purchase of $50-$74.99

Earn 10,000 Points on a purchase of $75-99.99

Earn 15,000 Points on a purchase of $100-149.99

Earn 25,000 Points on a purchase of $150 or more.

Awesome for us points whores. I've already got close to $50 bucks on my SYWR card.[/QUOTE]

Nice, that would be a great time to pick up some of those clearance games and get a bonus.

Well, was REALLY hoping for that Dynasty Warriors 7 Deal to kick in this week, so I could have at LEAST price adjusted the purchase of it off those $60 worth of Coupons from MK/Portal 2 deal.

So kinda bummed not to see it on sale this week :(

However, game is great fun. Hope someone waiting for it can get it on sale! XD

Any word on upcoming deals that you can share yet, Josh? I snagged a MS points card at my local Kmart today, and noticed there wasn't much in the way of deals this week.

If I got :360: Oblivion as my $19.99 game last week and I haven't opened it, can I exchange it for another $19.99 game this week?

I just found out about the 5th anniversary steelbook and I'd rather just wait and get that.

[quote name='blindinglights']If I got :360: Oblivion as my $19.99 game last week and I haven't opened it, can I exchange it for another $19.99 game this week?

I just found out about the 5th anniversary steelbook and I'd rather just wait and get that.[/QUOTE]

there is a 5th anniversary steelbook coming out for Oblivion? When did this happen?

edit: just found it...it looks awesome! Will K-Mart be getting stock for this as I would love to use my coupon on this...

also, SHC, i don't know if you know the guy who does the bluray deals but is there anyway you can get a deal on The Godfather blurays and American Gangster bluray? I just went to a store that has them with the slipcovers but they were priced $24.99-$29.99...

Damnit Josh, I was going to pick up AC2 with that gaming coupon. Now I HAVE to buy Splatterhouse. ;_; Curseeeee youuuuu.

Kidding, but thanks for throwing me a nice deal this week, even if it isn't $20 for a AAA title.

@jj5206

It's been mentioned in the CE thread on here, just google 5th Year Anniv Oblivion 4, it's made me so glad I've held out on buying it. : D

I still need to play the first inFamous.. maybe I can get it free from Sony and beat it before 2 comes out. It'll be hard, I don't game that much

With that said, giving away inFamous with inFamous 2 doesn't make much sense especially since it's going to be free for everyone with a PSN account. Sly Cooper Collection would be better (since it's already in the bargain bins) plus a $20 coupon would be nice.

Oh, so that's what the reward for the PSN downtime is? How much is MSRP for inFamous?

Also, I agree, it's not like making a PSN account cost anything in the first place, if I was a PS3 owner I'd rather get something else (even another $20 and under game, since there will hopefully be another wave of Nintendo Selects by then).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back