Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='medetron']Thanks again josh, while i didn't have much problems others as you can read have, i thought it was kinda weird that the computer screen said the promo but nothing was happening when punching in enter or hitting the total button.. also josh i haven't been able to find any $20 psn card even when i went today which makes me worried about the dead space 2 promo thats coming up. wouldn't it be easier to just say send 50-100 $20 psn cards JUST for the dead space promo? just like you guys did for the dead rising 2 where you got a shirt for buying the game? just a thought to consider :)[/QUOTE]

It would be easier, but Josh has stated he has no control over them, or they'd always have cards. I'm assuming there's a third party that has to care enough to order some more. And while ordering 50 cards doesn't take up any more shelf space than ordering 5 cards, you never really see that happening.

Can't wait for DS2 and ME2, so those are for next week. I do hope that ME2 is in stock, though.

Has anyone tried the deal with just LBP2 and another game besides ME2? I'm wondering if I should even bother with the deal and just try to get the CE if I can find it.

The deal is working; it was tested again. Still working it though.

For the ones that haven't been able to get it to work, were coupons used?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The deal is working; it was tested again. Still working it though.

For the ones that haven't been able to get it to work, were coupons used?[/QUOTE]

I used my $50 one, however she run up the games and hit total and it was asking for $120+tax so it wouldn't even work before the coupon. This was in Sacramento at the Sunrise Kmart.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The deal is working; it was tested again. Still working it though.

For the ones that haven't been able to get it to work, were coupons used?[/QUOTE]

If I were to buy a game with LBP2 and the discount was not taken off, could I show you the receipt and get the difference in a gift card or something?

Posting from my phone right outside Kmart and the deal is still not working for me. No coupons are being used also.

[quote name='Interfeci']It would be easier, but Josh has stated he has no control over them, or they'd always have cards. I'm assuming there's a third party that has to care enough to order some more. And while ordering 50 cards doesn't take up any more shelf space than ordering 5 cards, you never really see that happening.

Can't wait for DS2 and ME2, so those are for next week. I do hope that ME2 is in stock, though.[/QUOTE]

hmm i do remember him saying something along those lines, i thought stating to the companies that a special promotion was going to take place would be able to get the job done, or even maybe a special dead space 2 collectors psn card, that would be cool

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The deal is working; it was tested again. Still working it though. For the ones that haven't been able to get it to work, were coupons used?[/QUOTE]

i didnt use any coupons beside's using my sears rewards points. but the discount didnt apply even before using any information to lookup my account or points

Snagged the last remaining LBP2 CE at the local KMart. Didn't bother trying to get another $60 game since there was nothing else really that I was interested in.

[quote name='joker36635']Josh,

I have a problem that Im hoping you can help with. I sent you an email with the subject title:

"CAG Member - joker36635"

Thank You
Allen[/QUOTE]

Josh,

I havent got a reply on this yet. Can you please make it a priority. You will understand when you read the email.

Thank You
Allen

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We'll have a $50 gift card deal in a week or so.[/QUOTE]
Much appreciated!

(This is in response to Playstation 3 consoles peoples, in case you were wondering)

Did you test it with ME2 and LBP2 being the two games?

Maybe the fact that they are both "triggers" is hosing up the system.

Hasn't everyone that has had a problem so far been picking up those 2 games or is there a confirmed case where a different game was involved?

Awww, they didn't have the CE at the K-Mart near my house. I'm gonna check the other two after work, hopefully they got one in stock and the deal is worked out by now.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Did you test it with ME2 and LBP2 being the two games?

Hasn't everyone that has had a problem so far been picking up those 2 games or is there a confirmed case where a different game was involved?[/QUOTE]
Definitive update:

The deal is working, however the trigger titles are conflicting per IT. So, we are working on an update that should work overnight and definitely by Thur. in which ME2 and LBP2 will talk to each other. I will be posting this on the blog as well.

As always, no one will get screwed on this one. If you've emailed me I will take care of you.

dont know if i should get me 2 since i have it on xbox but have no dlc for it lol... so idk if i shud pick it up also i was tied between that and heavy rain for the 50% off with lbp.... any suggestions?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Did you test it with ME2 and LBP2 being the two games?

Hasn't everyone that has had a problem so far been picking up those 2 games or is there a confirmed case where a different game was involved?[/QUOTE]

to answer you're question it also didn't work when they tried mass effect 2 and some other random game. the lady was trying to see if it was because both games were on sale but it also didn't take off the % of the other game. josh just stated they working on it so hopefully it be up and running in no time until then just be polite and ask for a manager to over ride it simple as that. the computer screen states the promo so he/she would just have to read the screen and thats it. also stating that theres been an official update on the blog doesn't hurt either :)

I ended up just getting around to it, but I was pretty pumped to see in my inbox this morning, an email from SYWR for 3000 points for completing a survey.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I ended up just getting around to it, but I was pretty pumped to see in my inbox this morning, an email from SYWR for 3000 points for completing a survey.[/QUOTE]

how much is 3000 points ? 30 dollars?!?!?:hot:

[quote name='chriscolbert']:wall:

HOW THE fuck DO YOU EVEN GET CLOSE TO THAT CONCLUSION?[/QUOTE]

You mad brah? it's bogo half off, thought they would apply to each other.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']You mad brah? it's bogo half off, thought they would apply to each other.[/QUOTE]

This thread has reached critical stupidity

Why don't they just give everything away for free while they're at it?

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Wait, what?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, two games for $42.50 each - the special K-Mart MVP bonus of $25 = both games for $60. Man, you guys are stupid.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']You mad brah? it's bogo half off, thought they would apply to each other.[/QUOTE]

^ This.

I walked in and totally demanded both for 1 cent.

Here's my logic:

Buy ME 2 get LBP2 for half off right? And buy LBP2 get ME2 for half off. So I would get the half off on each other.

30 + 30 right?

But then since I am buying the second game at 30, it should mean that ME2 would be 50% off at 15. Then it would work on LBP2. So both at 15. Then you just keep doing the calculation until both are a penny.

Then a halfpenny.

Epic deal!

Walked in to my local store and asked about BOGO, figured it's worth a try. The clerk knew what I was asking about, but there wasn't any specific memo regarding it so we decided to ring it up to check. Both rang up BOGO but totaled at regular price. Took it Customer Service, and showed the price scan to the manager. The manager was very nice about it and honored both BOGO. Gave them both my thanks and went home happy with two great new games in hand.

I'm sure it wasn't originally supposed to work like this, so I feel a bit guilty for taking advantage of the situation. So, just popped in to say thanks to Josh for bringing us these deals.

So I walked in and asked for LBP2 and ME2, hoping to take advantage of these deals, and after the associate grabbed the games, I punched him, grabbed the games, and ran, so I essentially got both games for free! Thanks for the great deal, Josh!

[quote name='n1c0']Walked in to my local store and asked about BOGO, figured it's worth a try. The clerk knew what I was asking about, but there wasn't any specific memo regarding it so we decided to ring it up to check. Both rang up BOGO but totaled at regular price. Took it Customer Service, and showed the price scan to the manager. The manager was very nice about it and honored both BOGO. Gave them both my thanks and went home happy with two great new games in hand.

I'm sure it wasn't originally supposed to work like this, so I feel a bit guilty for taking advantage of the situation. So, just popped in to say thanks to Josh for bringing us these deals.[/QUOTE]

I hope all of you who got snippy won't be able to sleep tonight.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']I hope all of you who got snippy won't be able to sleep tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we were all wrong cause one guy got lucky. Everytime Josh posts a deal, there are tons of posts tryin to find a way to scam the system, it's disgusting.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']I hope all of you who got snippy won't be able to sleep tonight.[/QUOTE]

Shady, shameful mofos on this site.

Buy ONE, get ONE for half price.

You know, about the time that I think that the stupidity in this thread is at a critical point, I get reminded that there are multiple levels of stupid that I haven't even begun to be exposed to.

I don't get it. How the fuck are some of yall capable of basic functions?

I just had an aneurysm from sheer stupidity. I really think I did. (And yes, I realize I've posted that about 3-4 times already. It just amazes me how stupid some people are).

I just bought Little Big Planet from Kmart and I didn't get any deals. The guy said that I could come back if there was a actual deal. Hopefully he will keep his promise when the deal goes live.

Did a search and couldn't find an answer for this particular scenario - So, if I were to buy Mass Effect 2 and LBP2 CE the week of 1/30, would I get ME2 for $45 and LBP2 CE for $40? Or is the half off promo only good on games $59.99 exactly, not $59.99 and up?

next week**
Buy lbp2 for 60, get ds2 $30 (half off), and receive $20 psn card (ALSO WOULD THIS WORK ON THE DS2 CE IF AVAILABLE)
Is this acceptable / correct?

Didnt work for me in store 3990.. The screen Said BG so the promo was getting noticed but not doing it. Manager over the phone said if its not in the circular and the computer is not doing it, then its not valid. I told them to hold the 2 games for me. THis sux i went in bad weather and lost my parking spot at home to get this deal. Maybe register had to be rebooted? when will this be fixed? ahhh this sux man.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So I walked in and asked for LBP2 and ME2, hoping to take advantage of these deals, and after the associate grabbed the games, I punched him, grabbed the games, and ran, so I essentially got both games for free! Thanks for the great deal, Josh![/QUOTE]

The story sound so much better like this.

I walked into the store with no ill intent. I merely inquired about games. The manager offered to honor them both, so I gladly accepted. I never pressed the issue of both BOGO working.

I had no intention of being a scumbag.

[quote name='Dtrain12']next week**
Buy lbp2 for 60, get ds2 $30 (half off), and receive $20 psn card
Is this acceptable / correct?[/QUOTE]
Yes, that should work.

[quote name='POMusashi']Did a search and couldn't find an answer for this particular scenario - So, if I were to buy Mass Effect 2 and LBP2 CE the week of 1/30, would I get ME2 for $45 and LBP2 CE for $40? Or is the half off promo only good on games $59.99 exactly, not $59.99 and up?[/QUOTE]
Try reading the OP.

The deal is ONLY on $59.99 games. Period. Josh said multiple times that if he had been able to do it on all video games he would have.

[quote name='jer7583']Shady, shameful mofos on this site.

Buy ONE, get ONE for half price.[/QUOTE]
I didn't reply to this yet, but I just want to agree completely with this statement. This site sometimes makes SlickDeals people seem like angels.

[quote name='VaultDweller']how much is 3000 points ? 30 dollars?!?!?:hot:[/QUOTE]
If only...:lol:
But it adds up.

I remember using some of my points from Black Ops and the guy at the register was astonished that I had, oh I don't know how many I had at the time, 15,000 or so? He started exclaiming really loudly, with no trace of sarcasm in his voice, "15,000?! 15,000???!!! Oh my God! That is so many points!!! Where did you get those??? Matt get over here and check out how many points this guy has!!! WOW!!!" and was pressing this large round button that made noise next to the register and flipping the switch to make his register light flash. I then told him that if he was amazed by that, that I did have about 30,000 but I had just used some back in electronics and he flipped his lid. It blew his mind. This guy must have been pushing 40 and like I said, there was no sarcasm in his voice and he wasn't laughing.

I still get a kick out of it, thinking back to it.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Whoa is this a permanent drop at Kmart or is this just a weekly sale for Borderlands?[/QUOTE]
Not sure I think it may have just been for regular borderlands and they miss priced it. They had 19.99 stickers all over the box but it rang out 39.99 and the manager had to change the price for me.

[quote name='n1c0']The story sound so much better like this.

I walked into the store with no ill intent. I merely inquired about games. The manager offered to honor them both, so I gladly accepted. I never pressed the issue of both BOGO working.

I had no intention of being a scumbag.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I wasn't making fun of you.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']If only...:lol:
But it adds up.

I remember using some of my points from Black Ops and the guy at the register was astonished that I had, oh I don't know how many I had at the time, 15,000 or so? He started exclaiming really loudly, with no trace of sarcasm in his voice, "15,000?! 15,000???!!! Oh my God! That is so many points!!! Where did you get those??? Matt get over here and check out how many points this guy has!!! WOW!!!" and was pressing this large round button that made noise next to the register and flipping the switch to make his register light flash. I then told him that if he was amazed by that, that I did have about 30,000 but I had just used some back in electronics and he flipped his lid. It blew his mind. This guy must have been pushing 40 and like I said, there was no sarcasm in his voice and he wasn't laughing.

I still get a kick out of it, thinking back to it.[/QUOTE]

They'd probably have a heart attack if the dude from here with 500,000 points on his card went to their store.

[quote name='Altanis']You know, about the time that I think that the stupidity in this thread is at a critical point, I get reminded that there are multiple levels of stupid that I haven't even begun to be exposed to.

I don't get it. How the fuck are some of yall capable of basic functions?

I just had an aneurysm from sheer stupidity. I really think I did. (And yes, I realize I've posted that about 3-4 times already. It just amazes me how stupid some people are).[/QUOTE]

Eh, I don't want to be that guy, but you all need to sit and calm down. I asked a pretty simple (and yeah, somewhat stupidly hopeful) question. I didn't look through the other pages because I was reading the thread through my cell phone whilst doing homework. The wording in the original thread(Buy 1 Get 1 50% off at $59.99) is pretty straight forward, but there's still that what-if. Never did I want to 'bring down the system' and cost thousands of people their jobs. I thought maybe this was how the system worked, so, I asked a simple question without acting like a douchebag, but all I received were sarcastic remarks and near-death threats like yours. You're a very angry person, I think.

I work at retail. I know some sales are worded in a way that they can be interpreted in the way I did. I get mad at customers when they get the sale wrong and get angry about it. If they don't get mad, I understand it's a misconception. I work management at a large Florida grocery story, for 3 years. I've seen it all. I get pretty annoyed when an item doesn't ring up and the customer insists they get it for free. I know very well how the system works.

But you need to seriously calm down. I say this not out of spite but to be helpful. You sound really angry and you're constantly replying to this thread, watching it like a hawk. You're not a moderator, nor do you work for KMart, so I'm thinking you need to step away from the computer. We live in irrational times where people are as disconnected as ever, but that's what you get when you put two computers in between two human beings, especially when human beings find an easier time to react irrationally rather than vice versa.

So all I'm saying, buddy, is to calm down, maybe see somebody. You sound like you're about to break your computer. No one is going to get hurt, and clearly, I'm not stupid to the point where I can't function, because I'm posting on a computer I built myself and I've lived long enough to turn 22. Try to smile more, be rational, and learn how to communicate with others.

Either way, BOGO 50% off is a great deal, and I'll probably pick up LBP2 + ME2 for $90 anyway, especially after Best Buy made me wait an hour to trade in a game(which I didn't get to because I had to get to class).

[quote name='Interfeci']They'd probably have a heart attack if the dude from here with 500,000 points on his card went to their store.[/QUOTE]
It's amazing how 15,000 points is a large amount to them. Hell, I have 15,500 points right now, and that's after redeeming 9,000 of them a month ago. It's just a matter of being able to but stuff you're already buying when there's a SYWR promo going on. Hell, it's not that hard to have just done the COD:BO offer and get 25,000 points, or any of the other offers.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Eh, I don't want to be that guy, but you all need to sit and calm down. I asked a pretty simple (and yeah, somewhat stupidly hopeful) question. I didn't look through the other pages because I was reading the thread through my cell phone whilst doing homework. The wording in the original thread(Buy 1 Get 1 50% off at $59.99) is pretty straight forward, but there's still that what-if. Never did I want to 'bring down the system' and cost thousands of people their jobs. I thought maybe this was how the system worked, so, I asked a simple question without acting like a douchebag, but all I received were sarcastic remarks and near-death threats like yours. You're a very angry person, I think.

I work at retail. I know some sales are worded in a way that they can be interpreted in the way I did. I get mad at customers when they get the sale wrong and get angry about it. If they don't get mad, I understand it's a misconception. I work management at a large Florida grocery story, for 3 years. I've seen it all. I get pretty annoyed when an item doesn't ring up and the customer insists they get it for free. I know very well how the system works.

But you need to seriously calm down. I say this not out of spite but to be helpful. You sound really angry and you're constantly replying to this thread, watching it like a hawk. You're not a moderator, nor do you work for KMart, so I'm thinking you need to step away from the computer. We live in irrational times where people are as disconnected as ever, but that's what you get when you put two computers in between two human beings, especially when human beings find an easier time to react irrationally rather than vice versa.

So all I'm saying, buddy, is to calm down, maybe see somebody. You sound like you're about to break your computer. No one is going to get hurt, and clearly, I'm not stupid to the point where I can't function, because I'm posting on a computer I built myself and I've lived long enough to turn 22. Try to smile more, be rational, and learn how to communicate with others.

Either way, BOGO 50% off is a great deal, and I'll probably pick up LBP2 + ME2 for $90 anyway, especially after Best Buy made me wait an hour to trade in a game(which I didn't get to because I had to get to class).[/QUOTE]
There's a huge difference between asking for clarification on a deal, and asking a question that has been asked at least a dozen times already.
If you're "browsing on your phone while doing homework" I think you need to realize that CAG isn't the most important thing in the world. You try to claim I need to step away from the computer, yet are admitting you're browsing CAG while more pressing matters await.

Obviously, I'm not the only person here who thinks the never-ending supply of stupid questions is annoying. Obviously, I'm one of the few people who are willing to call the idiots what they are, but freaking hell, someone needs to be blunt.

Also, working for Winn-Dixie (or its equivalent) isn't an accomplishment, whether you're a manager or a peon worker. And there's a HUGE difference in grocery retail and regular retail. Not sure why you even brought it up though.

And I'd be willing to bet that I'm one of the happiest people here. Why it matters to you though is beyond me. I also know that I don't give a shit about what others think of me (and haven't for a LONG time).

Again, all of this goes back to post #6555 in this thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8058801&postcount=6555
[quote name='gettinmoney662']We're not calling everyone idiots, just the idiots.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back